Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MADONNA 'FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES'

Simply one of the best gifts I’ve ever received in my life. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Track Listing 1. “Holiday” (7” Version) + 2. “Like A Virgin” (7” Version) 3. “Material Girl” (7” Version) 4. “Into The Groove” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +# 5. “Open Your Heart” (Video Version) + 6. “Physical Attraction” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +# 7. “Everybody” (You Can Dance Remix Edit) +# 8. “Like A Prayer” (Remix/Edit) 9. “Express Yourself” (Remix/Edit) 10. “Keep It Together” (Alternate Single Remix) *+ 11. “Vogue” (Single Version) + 12. “Justify My Love” (Orbit Edit) 13. “Erotica” (Underground Club Mix) 14. “Deeper And Deeper” (David’s Radio Edit) +# 15. “Fever” (Radio Edit) + 16. “Secret” (Junior’s Luscious Single Mix) 17. “Bedtime Story” (Junior’s Single Mix) 18. “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” (Miami Mix Edit) 19. “Frozen” (Extended Club Mix Edit) 20. “Ray Of Light” (Sasha Ultra Violet Mix Edit) +# 21. “Nothing Really Matters” (Club 69 Radio Mix) + 22. “Beautiful Stranger” (Calderone Radio Mix) 23. “American Pie” (Richard ‘Humpty’ Vission Radio Mix) 24. “Music” (Deep Dish Dot Com Radio Edit) 25. “Don’t Tell Me” (Thunderpuss Video Remix) +# 26. “What It Feels Like For A Girl” (Above And Beyond Club Radio Edit) 27. “Impressive Instant” (Peter Rauhofer’s Universal Radio Mixshow Mix) +# 28. “Die Another Day” (Deepsky Radio Edit) +# 29. “American Life” (Felix Da Housecat’s Devin Dazzle Edit) *+ 30. “Hollywood” (Calderone & Quayle Edit) +# 31. “Me Against The Music” (Peter Rauhofer Radio Mix) + – Britney Spears feat. Madonna 32. “Nothing Fails” (Tracy Young’s Underground Radio Edit) *+ 33. “Love Profusion” (Ralphi Rosario House Vocal Edit) +# 34. “Hung Up” (SDP Extended Vocal Edit) 35. “Sorry” (PSB Maxi Mix Edit) +# 36. “Get Together” (Jacques Lu Cont Vocal Edit) + 37. “Jump” (Axwell Remix Edit) 38. “4 Minutes” (Bob Sinclar Space Funk Edit) + – feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland 39. “Give It 2 Me” (Eddie Amador Club 5 Edit) +# 40. “Celebration” (Benny Benassi Remix Edit) 41. “Give Me All Your Luvin’” (Party Rock Remix) – feat. LMFAO & Nicki Minaj 42. “Girl Gone Wild” (Avicii’s UMF Mix) 43. “Turn Up The Radio” (Offer Nissim Remix Edit) *+# 44. “Living For Love” (Offer Nissim Promo Mix) *+ 45. “Ghosttown” (Dirty Pop Intro Remix) 46. “Bitch I’m Madonna” (Sander Kleinenberg Video Edit) +# – feat. Nicki Minaj 47. “Medellín” (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx Mix) – Madonna and Maluma 48. “I Rise” (Tracy Young’s Pride Intro Radio Remix) 49. “Crave” (Tracy Young Dangerous Remix) - feat. Swae Lee 50. “I Don’t Search I Find” (Honey Dijon Radio Mix)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 3, 2022 12:15 AM

If she finally has enough love, why is she still so desperate for attention on social media?🧐

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 4:43 AM

The album was just released today and already #1 in 18 countries

Album: Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones iTunes (18x #1): #1 Belgium #1 France #1 Greece #1 Hong Kong #1 Hungary #1 India #1 Ireland #1 Israel #1 Italy #1 Malaysia #1 Netherlands #1 Portugal #1 Singapore #1 South Africa #1 Spain #1 Sweden #1 Taiwan #1 Thailand #2 Australia #2 Estonia #2 Finland #2 Luxembourg #2 Poland #2 Switzerland #2 Turkey #3 Czech Republic #3 Denmark #3 Germany #3 Philippines #3 United Kingdom #4 Austria #6 Norway #8 Japan #10 Sri Lanka #15 New Zealand #25 Macau #58 Slovenia #63 Bulgaria

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 4:48 AM

Why would anyone buy that overpriced shit? No new/unseen pictures and there isn’t even any kind of message or statement from her in the liner notes. Pointless.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 4:50 AM

It looks like she has fifty No. 1s in her diaper.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 4:57 AM

Wooohooo so excited!

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 5:22 AM

I can't wait to groove out to this over a bottle of wine!

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 5:39 AM

Flop.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 6:14 AM

Album: Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones iTunes (23x #1): #1 Argentina #1 Belgium #1 Bolivia #1 Chile #1 France #1 Greece #1 Hong Kong #1 Hungary #1 India #1 Ireland #1 Israel #1 Italy #1 Malaysia #1 Mexico #1 Netherlands #1 Panama #1 Peru #1 Portugal #1 Singapore #1 South Africa #1 Spain #1 Sweden #1 Taiwan #2 Australia #2 Brazil #2 Canada #2 Estonia #2 Finland #2 Luxembourg #2 Poland #2 Switzerland #2 Thailand #2 Turkey #2 United Kingdom #3 Czech Republic #3 Denmark #3 Germany #3 Philippines #4 Austria #4 Slovakia #4 United States #6 Norway #8 Japan #10 Sri Lanka #13 New Zealand #26 Macau #58 Slovenia #63 Bulgaria

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 12:51 PM

Madonna releases a massive compilation of all 50 of her #1 hits on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart, on Friday. But the Queen of Pop says she finds today’s dance hits “confusing.”

In the new issue of Paper magazine, Madonna is asked to compare today’s dance music to her pioneering work in the genre in the ’80s. “I think what’s changed the most is just the songs. Songs have changed. The concept of songwriting,” she replies.

“I’m just, ‘Give me a song. I need a beginning, a middle and an end.’ You know what I mean? I get confused by people’s music,” she adds. “And also, there are just too many artists on songs. I feel chaotic when I listen to them.”

Madonna also points out that with her songs — from “Like a Virgin” and “Material Girl” to “Express Yourself” and “Papa Don’t Preach” — she was “very much invested in empowering women too and that was a very big part of the storytelling.”

“While women were making great dance records, I feel like in the early days, while the songs and melodies are really strong and the singers are really good, they weren’t really invested in making women think, ‘Wow, I don’t have to live in a man’s world … I can have my own voice and my own vision,'” she continues. “So that was an important element.”

And while Madonna admits she hates “repeating herself,” she tells Paper she wouldn’t mind reteaming with Nile Rodgers, who produced her breakthrough album, Like a Virgin.

“It would be fun,” she says. “I would love to work with Nile again.” She adds she’d like for them to team up to create “a pop hit with a twist … a new sound.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 1:03 PM

Holy shot she really went wild in the latest PaperMag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 1:19 PM

[quote]“It would be fun,” she says. “I would love to work with Nile again.” She adds she’d like for them to team up to create “a pop hit with a twist … a new sound.”

Perfect. Pop's Norma Desmond finds her Cecil B. DeMille.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 7:19 PM

They needed more of her 80s stuff on it and less of the post 2000 stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 7:40 PM

"“And also, there are just too many artists on songs. I feel chaotic when I listen to them.”'

Said the woman who had Nicki Minaj and M.I.A on one song, cause for whatever reason y'know and which required five named songwriters. And it still came off trite AF.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2022 7:51 PM

It would appear a majority of the world's population need to have their hearing checked.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2022 7:57 PM

Finally, enough! Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2022 7:58 PM

Fifty numbers ones? In whose delusion?

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2022 8:01 PM

Looking at this track listing, I must have tapped out in 2003 before or during Me Against the Music. Finally, I'd had enough of Madonna. Looking at what followed, seems I didn't miss much.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 8:09 PM

[quote] "Looking at this track listing, I must have tapped out in 2003 before or during Me Against the Music. Finally, I'd had enough of Madonna. Looking at what followed, seems I didn't miss much."

I was done with new content after "Confessions" (which I love), R17. The last four albums were increasingly dreadful. When I heard "Hard Candy", I knew she was on her way down & out. It was incredibly disappointing...and not just because "Confessions" was so good.

She was already behind when she chose the stale and overexposed Timbaland to produce. And it hurt her image as someone who was supposedly good at anticipating rising trends (when she really just stole and/or appropriated the work of others...musically & otherwise).

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 8:40 PM

I listened to the entire album last night on streaming as background music while I was playing my Switch - although it's so long I think by the end I just had it on while getting ready for bed.

I will pick tracks to listen to again, but as I said on a previous thread - the remixes get pretty dull once we hit the 21st century. It's kinda interesting to see that from a music history perspective, ie, what was "in" when it came to remixes (in the beginning it was an actual remix using the song as recorded, by the end it's basically a remixer making their own song and just using the vocals it seems), but most of those mixes aren't that great to listen to.

A few exceptions. I noted on the other thread that I quite liked the remix of "Impressive Instant", and I like that mix of "What It Feels Like For a Girl" as it sounds exactly like what was big in club music the year I came out and started clubbing (that kind of euphoric sound). I also really quite liked the remix of "Get Together" - better than the album version I think. And the remix of "Medellin" is pretty cool.

It might be kind of a low bar though, as I don't really like those songs in their original forms though.

The "American Life" remix was WEIRD. Like, I really enjoyed the Kraftwerk-like instrumentation, but it sounded so bad with the "American Life" vocals.

I'd started clubbing in the 00s as I mentioned, and I don't remember anyone really playing Madonna at the time, except maybe "WIFLFAG", "Sorry" and "Get Together". It's wild that these were all apparently dance number ones.

The first half of the album (the good half) goes by a lot quicker. There are so many singles that I guess didn't get to the top of the dance chart that it feels like we are cycling way too quickly through that part of her career. Then by the 21st century, EVERY single gets a remix on here, it seems, and the songs aren't nearly as good.

Some interesting choices too. I would've thought the Kenlou B-Boy/In My Jeep mix of "Erotica" would've been better than the Underground one, and that version of "Fever" was unexpected - I was thinking they were going to use the Edit One version.

I've never heard that "Nothing Really Matters" mix before, and I liked it!

Hearing "American Pie" reminded me of what a travesty that cover was.

Did people really dance to "Nothing Fails"? What a crappy remix!

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 10:10 PM

Oh and just to add, I hope the record company just goes back to releasing all her digital/maxi singles on streaming. Then I can find all the remixes I like and just make a playlist of my own. They have a number of them there already, but I'd love them to at least complete her 90s catalouge. Having all the maxi-singles from "Like a Prayer" up to and including "Beautiful Stranger" would be excellent.

I forgot to say too - the biggest nostalgia hit for me listening to the album was that remix of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina". A good remix of a song I don't really like. Puts me right back to teenage me sitting in front of the radio with my finger on the pause button, ready to record music onto cassette from the Top 40. I should look around, I am sure those cassettes still exist somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2022 10:15 PM

One last thought: The album is so long, and so lackluster once you get the 2000s that by the end you're kind of tired, and you forget how classic Madonna tunes were in the 80s and 90s. I started off enjoying the trip down memory lane and ending up wondering when it was going to end, haha.

Her comments at R9 are actually pretty spot on - except that it doesn't reflect what she herself does in her own music, which is bizarre. It's like when she sang: "every record sounds the same" about 10 years ago. She was right, but her album was just as much of a problem at the time.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2022 10:23 PM

What a whiny, self-pitying title. Didn't we make her a billionaire?

Better title: Into The Grooves, Vol. #1

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2022 10:27 PM

NEW UPDATE!

Hit #01 in 33 territories on iTunes!

2 territories with FEL (16 tracks) - Australia - United Arab Emirates

31 territories with FEL: 50 Number Ones

- India - Malasya - Singapore - Taiwan - Thailand - Hong Kong - Philippines - Greece - Turkey - Israel - Belgium - France - Hungary - Italy - Netherlands - Portugal - South Africa - Spain - Ireland -Sweeden - Argentina - Mexico - Bolivia - Chile - Poland - Czech Republic - Luxembourg - Estonia - Peru - Panama - Costa Rica

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2022 2:27 PM

AMAZON US

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #05 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl) #23 Finally Enough Love (1 CD) #281 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

Amazon UK

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #23 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl) #31 Finally Enough Love (1 CD) #203 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

AMAZON ITALY

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #08 Finally Enough Love (1 CD) #21 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl) #27 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

AMAZON SPAIN

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #07 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl) #28 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl) #33 Finally Enough Love (1 CD)

AMAZON FRANCE

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #10 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl) #71 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl) #919 Finally Enough Love (1 CD)

AMAZON GERMANY

#05 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #90 Finally Enough Love (1 CD) #111 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl) #482 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

AMAZON AUSTRALIA

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #06 The Immaculate Collection (Vinyl) #93 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl) #572 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl) #1642 Finally Enough Love (1 CD)

FNAC FRANCE

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #27 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl) #29 Finally Enough Love (1 CD) #32 Rebel Heart Tour (Purple Vinyl) #49 Finally Enough Love (Silver Vinyl)

FNAC SPAIN

#01 Finally Enough Love (Red Vinyl) #04 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #50 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

FNAC PORTUGAL

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones 3CD #12 Finally Enough Love (Red Vinyl) #24 Finally Enough Love (1 CD) #42 Finally Enough Love (Vinyl)

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2022 2:31 PM

[quote]Fifty numbers ones? In whose delusion?

These are #1 on Billboard’s Dance Club chart, not their regular Hot 100 chart.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2022 2:32 PM

This is epic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2022 2:48 PM

I have almost every Madonna single with these remixes but listening to the collection last night with all of the songs in one place was a thrill. At first I was disappointed that the mixes were the short versions but I got over it

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2022 3:00 PM

I'd love to have a collection of the singles, R27. I have a handful, but I was only a kid when they were more easily available and never had the money. Which is why I'm hoping they continue the maxi singles. Even just the remainder of the Erotica singles would make me happy.

I listened to the album again today, but only up to "Beautiful Stranger", turned it off at "American Pie". I think I'll give the second half a bit more of a chance though, see if some more of it grows on me. It is nice to have a collection all in one place like that. I know what you mean about the shorter versions in some cases. Shortening "Keep It Together" got rid of the er... breakdown would it be called? Anyway, the part of that remix that is my favourite was cut out. And "Deeper and Deeper" fades out too quickly. But yeah, it's nice to have them all there and the one thing I appreciate is how much I am liking the You Can Dance edits now, when I never really liked that album before. It's even made me like "Physical Attraction" which I haven't previously!

It seems to me that once we hit the 2000s the bpm in dance music stagnates. It's interesting to see how it keeps fluctuating in dance music for the previous decades.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2022 3:28 PM

She gets nothing but hate on DL but let’s face it, this is a reminder she has a back catalogue most pop stars could only dream of. Only listened to a bit of this, it’s so long, but it reminded me why I used to be a fan and it’s great to hear the evolution not just of her work but of dance music itself. Yeah, I expect it to go to shit by the time we get past Confessions, but this is still an impressive collection and I love the cover art for once.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2022 3:37 PM

<- but the world has moved on. No one is listening to Al Jolson records, either.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2022 4:29 PM

OP is warmed, and I’m happy for him, which is odd.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2022 4:34 PM

I hate most of her remixes. They pale alongside the album tracks. Madonna had really good instincts when it came to creating commercial music.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2022 4:39 PM

To me she is the queen of remixes. There’s a reason why she has more #1 Billboard dance hits than everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2022 4:47 PM

Among pop singers, I would call Mariah the queen of remixes. She would actually re-record her vocals for the mixes. I remember my jaw dropped nearly 30 years ago when I first heard her scatting on the Clivilles/Cole remix of "Anytime You Need A Friend."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2022 9:19 PM

I agree with the poster upthread who said that everything post "Confessions..." has been lacklustre and felt more like chasing the trends (unsuccessfully, at that) instead of anticipating them or getting on the bandwagon before almost anybody else. I really hope we get expanded editions of her albums with all the remixes, non-album tracks, and other rarities, maybe even the Bluray discs of her best known concerts/live performances/videos and pretend that everything post-2006 didn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2022 9:25 PM

Madonna and Stuart Price perfectly captured the euphoria of the club experience with the album version of "Get Together," it does not need a remix.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2022 9:27 PM

If she re-released the Celebration compilation on vinyl I'd have more interest. Remixes of sub par singles does not appeal. And EVERYTHING post Confessions was sub par.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2022 10:51 PM

What an amazing collection. So many good songs on the album 🙏👏

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2022 11:12 PM

True, R36, but I liked that remix more, funnily enough. It was "Jaques Lu Cont", which is actually Stuart Price himself, isn't it? So it was in pretty safe hands.

Then again, I thought Shep Pettibone's remixes of "Fever" were pretty awkward for the most part, so you can never tell.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2022 11:19 PM

Confessions on a Dance Floor was okay, although everything aside from the ABBA sample is forgotten. She was playing it safe with it, working with Britney Spears’ producers. American Life was the most embarrassing piece of dreck she ever shat out. Music was zzzzz. She really should have stopped after Ray of Light.

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2022 12:02 AM

I always thought "Sorry" was the standout on Confessions, rather than "Hung Up" which I don't like as much as... well, a lot on that album, actually. It's not a perfect album (everything after "Jump" becomes a bit of a slog for me - and when I hear "Isaac" in particular, I'm just reminded that I'd rather listen to Ofra Haza), but I think it's the last album that feels like a Madonna album. Like an album where she is front and centre, not the producers she is working with, and that she is being true to a vision that she had.

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2022 12:13 AM

Tony Hawk, the legendary skateboarder, promotes her album on his official IG. Over one million views in just a few hours

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2022 1:16 AM

[quote]Confessions on a Dance Floor was okay, although everything aside from the ABBA sample is forgotten.

It's a decent album, but very overrated among fans. And it relies a lot on copying earlier dance songs.

Honestly, Music is when things started taking a turn. That album has flashes of brilliance mixed with utter mediocrity. And then the almost no back catalogue Drowned World tour. That's when huge fans I knew started leaving her.

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2022 1:55 AM

I remember first hearing the song "Music" on the radio and thinking how bad a song it was. It was kinda disappointing after Ray of Light. And people were raving about her mixing acoustic and electric instrumentation on the Music album, but I'd already heard other, less popular musicians doing that in the 90s, so I didn't see what the fuss was about. "Don't Tell Me" was really the only song I liked on the album. I REALLY don't like her period of working with Mirwais.

I've said it before and will say it again: peak Madonna to me was "Like a Prayer" - "Beautiful Stranger".

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2022 2:00 AM

I love this.

Go Madge!

Love the pink hair look on her. I think she is just ahead of the times and went full apocalypse before the rest of us saw it coming.

We are all Madonna now. Post Covid. Summed up best by: no fucks left to give.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2022 2:11 AM

Then they're not really remixes, are they, R34? They're more like remakes or cover versions of her own songs.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2022 2:25 AM

Was listening to it today in the car. Where was Rescue Me?

I think my favorite (and a song that I had forgotten she ever did) was definitely KEEP IT TOGETHER.

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2022 3:42 AM

Rescue Me wasn't a number one on the dance charts, R47. What is so hard to understand about the concept of this collection?

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2022 4:11 AM

Physical Attraction was #1 on the dance charts?

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2022 4:20 AM

It was on the "You Can Dance" album which, according to old Billboard rules, had all tracks present go to #1.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2022 4:26 AM

Wow 🤩

Wordwide ITunes

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (=) - 3 days at #01 #51 Finally Enough Love (-37)

European iTunes

#01 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (=) - 3 days at #01 #27 Finally Enough Love (-11)

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2022 7:28 PM

Any reason why "Causing a Commotion" isn't on here even though it did hit #1 on the Billboard dance chart?

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2022 7:37 PM

[quote]I always thought "Sorry" was the standout on Confessions

She keeps saying she despises that song and calls it retarded.

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2022 8:21 PM

Madonna was ripping off Cher with Music and all her looks were rip-offs of Kylie Minogue in the 2000s. She ran out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2022 8:23 PM

Madonna went south starting in 2000. She had married that wigger Guy Ritchie, hooked up with a no talent producer and Kabbalah overtook her entire existence.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2022 8:24 PM

She'd kill to have a song like Sorry now R53. Has she done anything since which is close to that song, as mediocre as it is.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2022 8:24 PM

Ok now Madmonster can drop dead!

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2022 8:25 PM

I slogged through the list and every "remix" fucking sucks ass. I loathe Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2022 8:26 PM

R58 why listen to music you hate? That’s fucked up. Life is too short.

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2022 8:49 PM

R58 another retard

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2022 8:58 PM

Over and Over and Where's the Party were also on You can Dance. Why aren't they included?

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2022 9:01 PM

Why don't you ask Madonna, since she's the one who picked which remixes/songs would be represented?

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote]Any reason why "Causing a Commotion" isn't on here even though it did hit #1 on the Billboard dance chart?

I’ve always found it strange how it was a hit song yet she never performed it again after 1990. Nothing she does makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2022 9:27 PM

R53, she also said that about "Into the Groove" and "Cherish". Those songs are miles better than anything she's done in the last 15-20 years.

And as others have said, she has a weird attitude towards "Causing a Commotion" too.

by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2022 9:28 PM

True Blue is another one she ditched. Maybe those songs aren't 'artiste' enough for her.

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2022 9:29 PM

She has a really strange relationship with her back catalog. That's why I hope someone else is in charge of the deluxe reissues, assuming they ever happen.

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote]True Blue is another one she ditched. Maybe those songs aren't 'artiste' enough for her.

Papa Don’t Preach is one of the few songs from her repertoire that doesn’t sound dated and still holds up well today.

by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2022 9:31 PM

Here's a simple addition question for R61. Since the collection was to contain 50 tracks to celebrate the fact that she had 50 #1s on the dance chart, what do you think would happen to that count if all the tracks from "You Can Dance" were included just to satisfy you? We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote] True Blue is another one she ditched. Maybe those songs aren't 'artiste' enough for her.

She's truly deluded i she thinks that she's regarded as a legacy act and a cultural icon for her work with Justin Timberlake, Maluma, or whatnot. Someone needs to slap some sense into her and tell her that she needs to acknowledge the importance of her earlier career.

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2022 9:33 PM

[quote]She has a really strange relationship with her back catalog. That's why I hope someone else is in charge of the deluxe reissues, assuming they ever happen.

That’s why her career is a mess. Whenever she does perform an old song, she remixes it to the point it sounds like unrecognizable shit. She can’t just leave her classics alone without fucking them up. She can’t accept that she’s a nostalgia act and people want her pre-2005 music. Nobody cares about the recent stuff.

by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2022 9:35 PM

Listen dipshit R68 somebody said that the tracks from You Can Dance hit number one on the charts. So why wasn't the entire set included if that was true, Einstein.

The dance charts are a joke anyway. Four number ones from her bomb Madame X?

She could have stopped after Confessions, and no one would have cared.

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2022 9:36 PM

Always hated "Cherish". Oddly I don't think I would if they ditched that little "Cherish, Cherish" part that opens the song. It just sounds so twee and turns me right off. I feel the same way about the "Hey baby, gotta remember, I'm forever your girl" before the first verse in "Forever your girl" by Paula Abdul.

by Anonymousreply 72August 21, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote]I’ve always found it strange how it was a hit song yet she never performed it again after 1990.

Not to mention it is a great song that holds up extremely well.

She did True Blue on that Rebel Heart tour but she performed it with a ukulele. LOL

by Anonymousreply 73August 21, 2022 9:37 PM

Your question was answered dipshit, R71.

by Anonymousreply 74August 21, 2022 9:38 PM

Angel, Gambler, True Blue, Causing a Commotion, The Look of Love, Dear Jessie, Hanky Panky have all failed to appear on either the Immaculate Collection or Celebration. Fair enough, a number of them are risible, but no worse than what she does include in her compilations- particularly Celebration.

Rescue Me for starters is beyond dross.

by Anonymousreply 75August 21, 2022 9:39 PM

[quote]She did True Blue on that Rebel Heart tour but she performed it with a ukulele. LOL

Yep, like I said when she performs olds songs she fucks then up. She fucked yo Who’s That Girl too when she performed it on that same tour.

Nobody will tell her when she’s doing something stupid.

by Anonymousreply 76August 21, 2022 9:40 PM

Ooooh, Look of Love is another great ballad.

by Anonymousreply 77August 21, 2022 9:40 PM

I'd pay to actually see her if she did a ballads tour. In theaters, just her and the mic, no dancing, etc...

Do stuff like Crazy For You, Look of Love, Live To Tell, Oh Father, Bad Girl, Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Take A Bow, Ghosttown, I'll Remember, Rain...

by Anonymousreply 78August 21, 2022 9:43 PM

"Angel" is top 5 Madonna for me.

by Anonymousreply 79August 21, 2022 9:43 PM

R78 Won’t ever happen. She struggled singing Take a Bow when she performed it in Australia back in 2015. I don’t think she can hold notes for long anymore.

by Anonymousreply 80August 21, 2022 9:45 PM

I got my 3CD version but, I was hoping it would be delivered like his and not by some faceless Amazon drone:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 21, 2022 9:47 PM

Agreed R80. She now struggles to speak without sounding out of breath or lapsing into different accents. Can't imagine she now has the stamina or ego go unplugged and just straight up sing. She needs the clown costumes, arriving late, hordes of dancers, flashing screens etc to detract attention away from her obvious limitations.

by Anonymousreply 82August 21, 2022 9:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 21, 2022 9:50 PM

What's with the DM hate?! ^^^ It's free and doesn't require subscription.

by Anonymousreply 84August 21, 2022 9:50 PM

It's a right wing rag and a lot of trolls like to link to it. The rest of us are collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 85August 21, 2022 9:59 PM

Are the songs cut at the ends like her Immaculate Collection CD?

by Anonymousreply 86August 21, 2022 10:01 PM

I don't think she will tour again, to be honest. The Madame X shows took a lot of her, and she struggled some nights to get on stage and do the show. Not to mention the numerous cancellations. If she performs, most likely it will be a limited number of shows. I don't think her body can handle all of it anymore and her voice like others have said, doesn't have the range it used to.

It makes sense. She's 64. Tina Turner packed it in when she was 60, but toured one last time at 70. And even she said she had to spend the entire next day recuperating from the previous nights show.

by Anonymousreply 87August 21, 2022 10:07 PM

R87 Are you her fucking mother? Who cares what you think, slag. Who cares if she tours or not. Vadge fans are fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 88August 21, 2022 10:37 PM

I've never liked Cherish or True Blue, so I'm ok with neither being included.

Physical Attraction, Keep it Together and Secret (another she apparently doesn't care for) were nice surprises. The edit for Keep it Together could've been better though.

by Anonymousreply 89August 21, 2022 11:36 PM

[quote]The edit for Keep it Together could've been better though.

Agreed. As I mentioned above, I kinda missed the central part of that mix where the minor chords come in during the breakdown.

Can I just say, I really enjoy Junior Vasquez' work on the "Secret" and "Bedtime Story" remixes. I remember those being the radio versions we had here in Australia at the time, so it took me right back. Also, that Miami Mix of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" is seriously good. It could've sounded so tacky, but they did good. Did she rerecord her vocals for that by any chance? I thought she sounded a bit different. I believe they got Donna and Niki in for the bvs.

by Anonymousreply 90August 23, 2022 7:32 AM

I played it over the course of a few days in order. Like others, there is a steep decline after 2000, and especially after the Confessions era. The last few remixes are quite generic and the songs are just bland to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 91August 23, 2022 12:20 PM

R90, yes she re-recorded the vocals for DCFMA for the club mix and added Niki and Donna

Speaking of, she really needs Niki and Donna back with her.

by Anonymousreply 92August 23, 2022 12:31 PM

Thanks, R92. And agreed! They just match her so well.

by Anonymousreply 93August 23, 2022 12:34 PM

That's nice, dear. You enjoy yourself.

Don't break a hip!

by Anonymousreply 94August 23, 2022 12:38 PM

Along with Niki and Donna, bring back Pat Leonard and Steve Bray. Without them, she's nothing.

by Anonymousreply 95August 23, 2022 1:03 PM

Preface: Yes, I am old.

I have been listening to this since it was released as a download on Amazon, and am really enjoying it.

I guess I am seeing it more as a souvenir than younger people might. I was 13 when the first album came out, so it was perfect timing to imprint on a young gay boy. I've been loyal ever since. Not that she hasn't disappointed me a few times.

I know it is a controversial stance, but I am glad this is a collection of the shorter "radio edits" of the remixes. It's better for casual listening. I do hope there is an "extended mix" companion collection with all of the ten minute dance versions for those who enjoy them, but these versions are good for me.

The thrill of hearing the "Deep. Deep. (DEEP)" part of "Deeper and Deeper" again took me right back to the 90s in a great way. I could listen to that song every day and never get bored. There are irritating things, of course. Instead of the single versions of "Material Girl" and others, how about hiring some new DJ to redo them in a fresh way?

Hoping the success of this might lead to some kind of compilation of lesser known songs and remixes. (The Less Immaculate Collection?) Up Down Suite? Supernatural? The Sex Book version of Erotica? Could happen.

by Anonymousreply 96August 23, 2022 1:16 PM

Did anyone pick this collection up in vinyl format, and was it worth it?

by Anonymousreply 97August 23, 2022 8:08 PM

I was hoping to score the 6 LP set but it sold out before I could buy it.

by Anonymousreply 98August 23, 2022 8:21 PM

I was tempted to get the 6 LP set but only to flip at a later date. The Celebration vinyl has rocketed in value.

by Anonymousreply 99August 23, 2022 8:32 PM

Yes I’ve got the Celebration set on vinyl

Hard Candy and MDNA on vinyl also have skyrocketed

by Anonymousreply 100August 23, 2022 8:33 PM

R100. See those are what the guy on the other thread with his CDs should have invested in. Vinyl is far more desirable, even recent releases.

by Anonymousreply 101August 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Yes exactly r101. And I don’t think Hard Candy or MDNA are going to be reissued anytime soon so their value will probably continue to go up

by Anonymousreply 102August 23, 2022 9:09 PM

Expect to debut in the top 10s in both US and UK. 40 years in her career n it is just a remix album. She’s doing extremely well for herself

by Anonymousreply 103August 24, 2022 5:32 AM

She’s such a flop that even the new greatest hits album by Steps is expected to take the #1 spot on the UK charts!😂

by Anonymousreply 104August 24, 2022 5:35 AM

[quote] She’s such a flop that even the new greatest hits album by Steps is expected to take the #1 spot on the UK charts!😂

That is embarrassing - and I like Steps.

Madonna always had a stronghold on the UK so this should have been an easy #1 for her. It just shows how her fortunes have declined.

And she only has herself to blame.

by Anonymousreply 105August 24, 2022 6:27 AM

"Expect to debut in the top 10s in both US and UK."

That would require only a few tens of thousands of sales in the UK now.

by Anonymousreply 106August 24, 2022 8:10 AM

It comes to something when Madge is being outsold by Steps. Sales figures in the UK are paltry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 24, 2022 8:50 AM

Steps is and always has been truly awful. It was music for the most basic of gays during my party days. Yet they obviously have a wider appeal now. Madonna has alienated the general public through her social media nonsense, horrible surgeries, narcissism and some particularly bad interviews during her last album promotion (if she’s in a good mood she can be a really compelling guest, but she was embarrassing and petulant on Graham Norton the last time she was on it). If only she had a publicist to handle things; she has really damaged her own legacy.

by Anonymousreply 108August 24, 2022 8:54 AM

I don't know a single person who listened to Steps back in the day, let alone purchased their music. Uber fag Rylan (best not to ask, American cousins), is the type of Stan identifiable as a Steps fan.

But there seems to be a lot of goodwill for them. Something entirely lacking for Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 109August 24, 2022 8:58 AM

Yes, it’s the goodwill thing that’s missing. I’ve noticed that seems to be a particularly important quality these days, especially in the UK. If an artist isn’t “nice”, inoffensive and appealing, they won’t be popular now. That’s quite a shift from previous times where we celebrated drunken asshole hotel-trashing rock’n’roll “dangerous” types. I think that’s why Kylie is much more popular now—she’s super nice and uncontroversial even if she’s not, in my opinion, nearly as interesting an artist. Madonna’s don’t-give-a-shit, “unapologetic bitch” manner and style was once hot stuff, but now is really working to her detriment.

by Anonymousreply 110August 24, 2022 9:08 AM

Good point R110 and let me add that these fanbases really don't help their faves like they think they do. Like Beyonce's fanbase has made her completely unlikable. The great thing about madge stans is they have never deluded themselves into thinking she's anything other than the total bitch she presents herself as. I do agree that's working against her in this Era and sadly madonna never had the kind of rabid fanbase like MJ or Beyonce who will still show up In large numbers to buy their crap.

by Anonymousreply 111August 24, 2022 7:19 PM

R110 agree mostly. Impossible Princess, Body Language and X in particular show Kylie is an artist though.

by Anonymousreply 112August 24, 2022 8:10 PM

You know your career is over when even shitty Steps is outselling you.

by Anonymousreply 113August 24, 2022 11:02 PM

Where did the title of the collection originate? Is it a lyric?

by Anonymousreply 114August 25, 2022 12:32 AM

R114: It's from "I Don't Search I Find," one of the Madame X songs. This apparently was her 50th song to top the dance chart.

by Anonymousreply 115August 25, 2022 5:40 AM

[quote]Uber fag Rylan

I know of him, and I hate to sound mean but something about him really irks me. I think it's 'cause he reminds me too much of someone I know in real life.

by Anonymousreply 116August 26, 2022 7:13 AM

Rylan has two types of fans; a) women who like their gays emasculated, faggy and up for a good gossip/bitch session. b) other uber fags whose personalities ice them out of mainstream. These guys are 'on' all the time. Loathsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 26, 2022 8:04 AM

Dance charts are fake. They send out surveys to djs asking how many spins they’ve given a song in a club. There’s no verification. It’s a joke.

by Anonymousreply 118August 26, 2022 8:51 AM

Album flopped at #3 - got beaten by Steps and some no name rapper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 26, 2022 9:28 PM

A remix album charting at #3 isn’t a flop.

by Anonymousreply 120August 26, 2022 9:43 PM

[quote]A remix album charting at #3 isn’t a flop.

The UK is a little country where she lived for 8 years and for a supposed worldwide singer, this is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 121August 26, 2022 9:46 PM

Sales figures on Monday. Jesus H.C....I'd sell more myself. #UK Midweeks Album Chart (Monday):

#1 Steps Platinum Collection 16,609 sales

#2 .@Madonna's #FinallyEnoughLove50numberOnes 11,192 Sales

#3 Aitchs's Close To Home 8,394 Sales

by Anonymousreply 122August 26, 2022 9:53 PM

In the US it flopped at #8!😂

by Anonymousreply 123August 27, 2022 3:35 AM

But it was number one in Nauru!

by Anonymousreply 124August 27, 2022 4:58 AM

I'll walk back my everything turned to shit at the turn of the 21st century argument slight. Listening to the album again recently I can't deny the Confessions remixes are really enjoyable. I think this is helped by the fact that those types of tracks are kinda made for remixing as it is, that Stuart Price himself seemed to be heavily involved in most of them, plus they had the Pet Shop Boys for "Sorry" - one of her best remixes. This is also helped by the fact that mid-late 00s were my peak clubbing years so that kind of sound has nostalgia for me too.

So while yeah, I'm not that interested in this album post "Beautiful Stranger", my attention does get drawn back a tad for the Confessions remixes.

by Anonymousreply 125August 31, 2022 8:35 PM

Madonna's “Finally Enough Love” debuts at #7 on the United World Chart with 69,000 units (Media Traffic).

— It has debuted at #1 on 5 official charts (19 Top 10).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 2, 2022 11:03 PM

Is 69,000 'units' actual physical copies?

by Anonymousreply 127September 2, 2022 11:04 PM

Can this nasty ancient sea hag just retire already?

by Anonymousreply 128September 2, 2022 11:05 PM

I like (True) Blue!

by Anonymousreply 129September 2, 2022 11:26 PM

R126 So it’s only sold 69,000 copies around the entire world after two weeks? Sad!

by Anonymousreply 130September 2, 2022 11:52 PM

That's what I take it to mean R130, or at least 69,000 physical copies, with streaming and downloads counted separately?

by Anonymousreply 131September 2, 2022 11:56 PM

That's what I take it to mean R130, or at least 69,000 physical copies, with streaming and downloads counted separately?

by Anonymousreply 132September 2, 2022 11:56 PM

Kylie may be nicer, but Disco was a lot more fun than listening to these tired remixes. And nothing wrong with being nice. It doesn't make Kylie any less interesting.

After COVID, many of us have become sick of the inflated egos of a lot of these celebrities. Madonna isn't worth the time anymore. Kylie just made herself more endearing and likable during the pandemic. She reminded fans why they fell in love with her in the first place. Madonna became weirder and more unlikeable during the pandemic ("Fried fish", weird bathroom insta stories). She's hurt her own brand. She can cry ageism and misogyny all she wants, but the thing that destroyed her legacy was Madonna herself.

by Anonymousreply 133September 3, 2022 12:02 AM

Agreed R133, we all became a little less forgiving of celebs around that time.

This here was partly responsible.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 3, 2022 12:05 AM

[quote] Kylie just made herself more endearing and likable during the pandemic. She reminded fans why they fell in love with her in the first place.

While I don't really follow her or know a lot about her, one of the celebs that came across as endearing during the pandemic was Sophie Ellis Bextor who started doing these fun little living room concerts for people, usually with her kids just running around in the background.

I think you're right, people just respond to that better these days.

by Anonymousreply 135September 3, 2022 12:07 AM

PCB downs the Demon. Phenomenal 4th set breaker. Match point was insane!

by Anonymousreply 136September 3, 2022 12:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!