Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alexis Bledel, Vincent Kartheiser divorcing

I really thought those crazy kids would make it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2022 11:13 PM

Who, and Who ?????

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 4:16 AM

My favorite WB coming-of-age couple. Noooooooo.

Although, now Connor can let daddy Angel take care of that thirsty hole.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 4:19 AM

They kind of look like siblings in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 4:20 AM

Is he going to get to keep the CHIP ‘N DIP?

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 4:22 AM

[quote] "Who, and Who ?????"

Kartheiser was most prominently featured on "Mad Men" as Pete Campbell, R1. He's done other work, but that's his most well-known role. He was excellent, in my not-so-humble opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 4:22 AM

He was great in Mad Men! I read that they made him shave his head around the widow’s peak area to make his character appear to be balding.

I really liked her on Handmaid’s Tale, but she apparently quit this last season, it makes me wonder if she’s going through something deeper?

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 4:30 AM

Damn are those really her eyes or is she wearing color contacts? That is some serious blue.

He was fantastic as Pete.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 4:48 AM

I can’t remember where I came across the anecdotes, but someone was venting about a boss, friend, or colleague being obsessed with Vincent Kartheiser. I thought it was random and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 4:50 AM

Native West Virginian is my favourite poster. There. I've said it. He's always the gentleman. I love you, Native West Virginian

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 4:51 AM

Is it because he’s a closet gay?

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 5:07 AM

No, R10, it's because his posts are always clever and generous

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 5:08 AM

^i think they’re talking about VK. No closet could hold NWV! Kidding, of course.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 5:12 AM

Oh god no! If there were ever two people meant for each other these two crazy kids are it! Was the impending divorce why she couldn’t return to to Canada to film the next season of Handmaid’s Tale? Was he afraid she’d keep the kids up there in a foreign country and he couldn’t extradition them back to the US? Was Emily living her own personal Handmaid’s Tale at his hands? Did he call her Ofvincent in their private time and make her wear red? Or is she perhaps coming out as a real lesbian inspired by the role? Will there be a Lifetime movie? So. Many. Questions?

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2022 9:24 AM

R3 I always thought that they resembled each other.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2022 9:49 AM

8 years is a long time by Hollywood standards.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2022 1:15 PM

Last I heard, he was a pioneer in the tiny house trend and didn’t have a car in LA.

Didn’t know he marry Rory and moved to Stars Hollow.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2022 4:44 PM

He looks very handsome in that pic. Something’s different

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 4:50 PM

Is it because of the recent allegations of inappropriate behavior on the set? Is he a little touched in the head, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 4:56 PM

I thought both of them would have had better careers than they did.

But he's hard to cast because he's skinny and weaselly. She's hard to cast because she has a little girl voice but is aging.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 5:16 PM

Kartheiser can play sympathetic characters (and did so often in his early career, before Angel and Mad Men), but he's probably marked now. He's so closely identified with Pete. And Pete WAS sympathetic some of the time too, but people remember him whining, scheming, cheating, and coercing German au pairs into joyless sex.

Kartheiser is very funny; he would probably do well on an edgy sitcom. His DVD commentaries on Mad Men episodes were always highlights. I remember him doing one with a woman, possibly the actress who played Joan, and when he initially appeared on screen, she said, "Oh, Vinnie, here you are without your beard!" With perfect timing, after a small beat, he answers, "You mean that woman I'm always with?"

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2022 6:44 PM

I love the hokey Charleston routine that he and Trudy performed at Roger’s Southern Gala. it was such a great touch that he would take furtive glances at the crowd to see if his co-workers were watching him dance!

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2022 9:44 PM

[Quote] Kartheiser can play sympathetic characters (and did so often in his early career, before Angel and Mad Men)

It's a shame Connor wasn't likable until his last appearance in season 5. He had such a punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2022 11:08 PM

Similar in appearance. Piercingly blue eyes, high foreheads.

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2022 11:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!