Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anne Heche was a good , decent person

I was viewing her Instagram today and she just exudes charisma and joy . She was a good friend and mother . She seemed to really love life and her energy was contagious.

by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2022 8:19 PM

Sure thing, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 3:41 AM

you can tell all that from instagram?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 3:57 AM

I'm so fucking sick of the Datalounge worship of St. Anne Celestia.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 4:00 AM

Anne was well liked in Hollywood. She had a good heart

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Yes OP, Anne was a saint. She was a warm, generous, grounded , smart, responsible human being; Her entire life was an act of strength, stability and generosity towards all people. We all had a friend in Anne. She was a beacon of joy. Her untimely death is completely uncomprehensible,.. until you read it spiritually as a modern retelling of saint Joan. (and also , her car was remote controlled by Ellen De generes).

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 4:08 AM

I always found her to be really hot.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 4:09 AM

She was such a liar though. I distrust anyone whose narrative of their personal relationships veer from "This person is the alpha and omega of perfect" to "This person victimized me." From Steve Martin to Ellen DeGeneres to Coley Laffoon to James Tupper - and these were simply her public relationships - they all began as the avatar as perfection and ended as, by her account, low lifes.

I think she tried to ride the "Ellen is a bitch" wave too. Ellen blackmailed her? Ellen was in no position in 2000 when she and AH broke up. Her own career was in limbo. She lacked that clout.

Anne Heche's IMDB shows the usual "This may be the new hot young thing!" in the late 1990s when she was with Ellen and tapered off to more low budget stuff before she broke up with Ellan. Being with Ellen didn't help her box office, as I suspect was her agenda, and the star making machinery had begun to ease off after the desultory returns on her studio movies WHILE she was with Ellen from Volcano to Six Days Seven Nights to Donnie Brasco to I know What You Did Last Summer to Psycho. It wasn't Ellen blackballing her from 2000 onwards. Her career had shifted to independents and lower budgets before the end of the 1990s (barely before). She wasn't a star.

And how could she complain Ellen held her back when she worked constantly while with Ellen? It's not her fault those big budget films tanked.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 10:39 PM

OP=frau.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2022 2:09 AM

She was a light in so many people's lives. She was less a candle in the wind, more a torch to light the way for others. She burned so brightly. She was a firework.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2022 2:17 AM

He he

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2022 2:51 AM

It is very sad and disturbing to see anyone die such an agonizing and horrific death. One can only hope it wasn't as terrifying and painful as it looked. No one deserves to die that way. We will probably never know if this was as intentional as it seemed to be or the result of driving impaired. Either way the punishment didn't seem to fit the crime. She helped others by donating her organs and I admire her for that. She paid a brutal price for her mistake. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2022 2:52 AM

R9 = this vid

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2022 2:59 AM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2022 3:00 AM

I agree that she seemed like a good person—well-intentioned and seemed to have a pure heart. Very kooky, in a loopy high-school art teacher kind of way. She always came across as sweet though.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2022 8:03 AM

[quote] One can only hope it wasn't as terrifying and painful as it looked.

One is a bit dense, then I should say, because I'm pretty sure she hurt more than me watching it...

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2022 8:20 AM

R15- I'm very sorry that you seem to lack reading comprehension skills because that was exactly what I wrote - it was a terrifying and painful death. The hope is that she went into shock and mercifully lost consciousness quickly.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2022 11:31 AM

[quote] mercifully lost consciousness quickly

R16 she didn't miss gurl, > as can be seen on said stretcher video, she felt every second of these 65 mn in a burning car, and more

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2022 11:42 AM

I like my Anne baked nice and crispy.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2022 11:45 AM

Then take the foil off 10 minutes before the timer beeps, r18.

Alternatively, broil for 3-5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2022 12:06 PM

I saw her on that stretcher, she had wonderful skin.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2022 1:51 PM

Is it known whether or not people can feel pain when placed on a ventilator?

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2022 2:50 PM

I think they're put in a coma R21

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2022 2:51 PM

R20 is sauvage!

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2022 2:57 PM

R22 is correct, most people put on a ventilator are put into an induced coma or semi coma. It's not that they can feel pain on a ventilator, but people with naturally thrash around/panic and try to dislodge something that is stuck inside their throat like that.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2022 3:07 PM

r7, have you considered that people from abusive backgrounds seek out relationships with abusive people because that's their learned comfort zone? Are you aware that women who have been sexually assaulted are more likely to be sexually assaulted again because their resulting 'victim' body language tips off predators subconsciously that they're an easy target? Do you genuinely believe that, despite every single account to the contrary, that Ellen DeGeneres is a nice person? Do you know anything about human psychology at all? Anything?

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2022 2:19 PM

R25 is TRIGGERED and STATING HER BOUNDARIES and ASKING QUESTIONS.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2022 2:21 PM

She was a fireball!

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2022 2:26 PM

She got baked.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2022 2:37 PM

She probably was a good enough person, not truly evil....but very messed up. Instagram is a highly edited, false front, braggadocious site, that you shouldn't believe.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2022 2:41 PM

You are seriously overthinking the OP's post, R7. Get a life, pronto!

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2022 2:47 PM

R25 types frauish and assaulted. R25 is a born victim ; BOO! scared R25 ?

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2022 4:46 PM

r31 types Buffalo Bill

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2022 4:47 PM

R21 It is known

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2022 4:48 PM

She lived her life to the words of thing song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2022 4:50 PM

R11 "She helped others by donating her organs and I admire her for that."

I think around 60% of the general population donate organs. Whoop dee doo, the millionaire drunk cokehead donated what remained of her organs - how monumental. Isn't it just a checkbox when you renew your driver's license? I'm not saying it's a bad thing - it's a great thing - for all of us to do, but it's not like she was some pioneer doing this odd thing.

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2022 4:53 PM

No thanks

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2022 4:55 PM

Anne was one of the most talented performers ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay people were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her spaceship and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2022 5:05 PM

"Anne was one of the most talented performers ever. "

R37 I don't dislike her at all, but what a huge stretch.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2022 5:06 PM

There was a reason she was called "The People's Princess" and "The Queen of Hearts".

Oh, wait, that was some other unbalanced person who was in a car crash.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2022 5:17 PM

apparently r38 is new here. even I got r37.

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2022 5:28 PM

R40 but did you?

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2022 5:30 PM

Elton, frantically scribbling on a piece of paper :

Let's see...YoU LiVeD YoUr liFe LIkE a ToRcH In Th...no, LIke a BonFiRe ...No Like a feather ! that's it ! a feather! ....

days, later, at the "let"s rememnber Anne "gathering at Ellen and Portia's , Elton , belting out his new success live

it sEeMs To MeEe YoU LiVeD YoUr LiFe , LiKe A FeAThEr Iin ThE WiIinNd....

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2022 6:05 PM

The number of stories on her seems to wildly exceed her fame, I don't get it. Why so much on PR burnishing at this point?

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2022 6:26 PM

LOL. Stealth pun, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2022 6:29 PM

Glad you liked it, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2022 8:15 PM

No one gave a shit about this mediocre person before she died - she was doing podcasts - but now she's some icon.

by Anonymousreply 46August 24, 2022 2:08 AM

People who love themselves don't commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 47August 24, 2022 2:12 AM

Interesting that people only want to hear about Anne dating Ellen when Steve Martin based the Heather Graham character in "Bowfinger" on her before she met Ellen, and Lindsay Buckingham wrote the song "Come" about her

by Anonymousreply 48August 24, 2022 2:16 AM

Bump for Anne boost

by Anonymousreply 49August 24, 2022 3:47 AM

[quote] but now she's some icon.

Only on Datalounge.

The rest of the world has already forgotten her.

by Anonymousreply 50August 24, 2022 3:53 AM

Ok she wasn't perfect but I find it tasteless that some of the comments on this thread have a mood of delight in her death or a "this bitch used gay people to further her career, so fuck her!" attitude.

by Anonymousreply 51August 24, 2022 4:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 24, 2022 5:55 AM

Fuck off, r51

by Anonymousreply 53August 24, 2022 6:11 AM

The red wig did it. in the living room. With a mini cooper.

by Anonymousreply 54August 24, 2022 6:11 AM

r54, is there a Celebrity Death Edition Clue?

by Anonymousreply 55August 24, 2022 6:24 AM

It's Anne He He. Get with the program OP.

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2022 6:39 AM

Hollywood was unworthy of her.

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2022 7:00 AM

"she just exudes charisma and joy"

It's called drugs and alcohol, OP.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2022 7:01 AM

She endangered other people's lives by driving drunk and on drugs and nearly destroyed a house. But let's praise her.

by Anonymousreply 59August 24, 2022 7:09 AM

Heche was a gifted and fascinating actress but like most of us very complex. People are not either innocent pure angels or monsters. She was very damaged and genuinely mentally ill. I would also wager probably over indulged by the people around her. What a sad conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2022 7:27 AM

She was a celebrity, with money and a bad habit.

She was driving around with a bottle of booze, intoxicated, risking lives- and likely took a bad batch of street drugs because she’d been cut off from the good stuff- either couldn’t refill a script, or her dealer cut her off.

YET-if anyone could afford the very best of rehabilitation, drug counseling or therapy- where a doctor or counselor would’ve reviewed and tipped her off that she had a serious problem and should seek help- it was her.

There’s the great person, then there’s the alcoholic/drug addict.

Speaking as someone 11 years sober, this wasn’t Anne’s first rodeo, it’s a sad ending I’ve heard many times before, but was all on her, her reaction to life’s ups and downs, and not being able to handle life on life’s terms. All types of people get sober without an iota of help from family or friends, you cannot blame Ellen or anyone else for Anne’s choices.

This would be an entirely different story if she mowed down a few pedestrians or a baby carriage along the way, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2022 7:40 AM

r61, she was paying alimony and child support to two exhusbands and her eldest was off to college and she was doing Lifetime movies. She was also living in an apartment. And doing a podcast (that no one watched) for extra income. I highly doubt she had much, if any, extra scratch to go to Hazeldon.

by Anonymousreply 62August 24, 2022 8:25 AM

R62, like I said, this didn’t come out of thin air, Anne likely has had issues for many years, even decades- yet could’ve gotten sober even if she was broke. Many people lose absolutely everything before they do. I’m not blaming her because I was just like her long ago-

My experience is that’s much more difficult for those that have money, notoriety or prestige to get sober- but they do, one they get their ego out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 63August 24, 2022 8:33 AM

What gets me is the neighbor asking, after she had smashed an entire house down with her car , if she was okay...and her responding "no". Well, at least someone asked

by Anonymousreply 64August 24, 2022 8:35 AM

r63, how many exhusbands and children were you paying alimony and child support to when you went away to rehab for 190 days?

by Anonymousreply 65August 24, 2022 8:58 AM

R65, she’s not paying anything now!!

by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2022 11:07 AM

I’m surprised by how much this all hurts.

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2022 11:08 AM

The gays who did her hair and makeup and styling clearly knew she was on a death march. And they did nothing. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2022 11:59 AM

If you call speeding at 100 miles per hour and endangering lives a good thing. Yeah if she was anyone else, she would be crucified. But like Alec Baldwin she will get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2022 12:09 PM

From all I’ve read, she was a very troubled woman and abused substances. And that abuse killed her and endangered others. She may have been a nice person , but I think it’s pretty obvious that something was very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 70August 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Great post, Chuck. Thanks for bringing something new.

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2022 1:05 PM

Anne could rock that pixie haircut in R52's post. I love that cut on her.

by Anonymousreply 72August 24, 2022 1:17 PM

She got what she deserved. Karma baby!

by Anonymousreply 73August 24, 2022 1:17 PM

I, too, believe the car malfunctioned and she was driving into buildings in an attempt to stop it (and not hurt others.)

Some day her selfless sacrifice will be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2022 4:09 PM

So , when she smashed in the garage door, and the witnesses tried to get her out of the blasted car, she fought them because she ...wanted to show the extend of her selflessness ?

by Anonymousreply 75August 24, 2022 4:25 PM

R61, is a self righteous AA member . Fuck off you miserable cunt

by Anonymousreply 76August 24, 2022 4:42 PM

Yes, Anne was a true humanitarian! Trying to control that malfunctioning car, despite all of the drugs in her body. Truly selfless. Sainthood is near.

by Anonymousreply 77August 24, 2022 4:45 PM

Ellen has launched a new product. Coincidence ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 24, 2022 4:49 PM

With all of the cunt odor sprays out there, Ellen is releasing “Smelly, baked Anne snatch” this winter.

by Anonymousreply 79August 24, 2022 5:54 PM

R25 Anne lacks credibility. Saying Ellen blackballed her when Ellen herself was struggling is bullshit and just her attempt to get some spotlight off Ellen's cancellation. Ellen had no clout at the time, certainly not in film.

Her ghosting Ellen and then wandering around naked in someone's yard may have made a couple of projects think twice but that's not Ellen's fault. If her movies had been hits she'd have been hired anyway.

You are assuming all of these relationships were abusive. I think that's just Anne's way of blaming the other person and her aversion to accountability. There's no prior evidence people like Laffoon and Tupper were or are abusive.

by Anonymousreply 80August 27, 2022 8:03 PM

R48 the song LB wrote about her was "Down on Rodeo Drive." I just looked it up.

He says this about the song and I'm not sure what he means completely:

"That was about Anne Heche, who I was dating for about a year. I think more broadly it was just about people who spend all their time window shopping through their life. I don’t mean literally window shopping. I mean looking through the window at stuff and not going in and engaging, or keeping a distance. Even relationships that you’ve had for a long time, a lot of people don’t get beyond a certain point. I mean, I could be one of them. I don’t really know, but it’s the idea of connection through the glass. It was just an analogy to being down on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and window shopping looking at all the pretty stuff."

by Anonymousreply 81August 27, 2022 8:13 PM

Sounds like Anne just wasn't that into him.

by Anonymousreply 82August 27, 2022 8:16 PM

Hi Ellen R80

by Anonymousreply 83August 27, 2022 8:29 PM

Anne's type was apparently absolutely anyone with a bulbous nose tip.

by Anonymousreply 84August 27, 2022 8:31 PM

There were good things about her. She didn’t strike me as pretentious or boring; she seemed like a live wire and fun to hang out with occasionally. She was a good actress, IMO. I liked watching her onscreen.

I had the impression that she was a disordered person who was trying to get through life.

by Anonymousreply 85August 27, 2022 8:38 PM

Will he sing it at her memorial service?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 27, 2022 8:45 PM

Speaking of along the lines of what Ellen COULD have said, I read this quote from ”Hung” costar Thomas Jane:

[quote]” While Anne and I are no longer an item, today’s tragic news was devastating to me and to all who love her. My heart goes out to Anne and her two sons. My thoughts and prayers are with Anne, one of the true talents of her generation. Thank God no one else was hurt.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 27, 2022 8:58 PM

I wonder why they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 88August 27, 2022 9:01 PM

She went back to eating snatch.

by Anonymousreply 89August 27, 2022 9:04 PM

I don't think she killed herself. I just think she was blotto on whatever substances she was using.

by Anonymousreply 90August 27, 2022 9:18 PM

I think she faked her death!

by Anonymousreply 91August 27, 2022 9:21 PM

I think the attention span of this board is about 3.5 seconds so in a month nobody will even care!

by Anonymousreply 92August 27, 2022 9:26 PM

I hate when celebrities get a pass

by Anonymousreply 93August 30, 2022 11:50 AM

Heaven is brighter for having her in it

by Anonymousreply 94August 30, 2022 1:35 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 95August 31, 2022 4:45 AM

I’m the AA bitch again. I’ve met a LOT of women like Anne, most of them have coasted awhile on their good looks, and then show up in the rooms only when they can no longer land the part or be depended on to show up to work. Nearly every one of them comes in, embraces the Program, but puts their own spin in it. THIS is where they and all us other other addicts and alcoholics fail miserably and either die and get another chance.

The soft spoken, delicate, unassuming, wallflower type people that blend in and are agreeable are the WORST to get sober, because they clean up so well by Monday and always show up for work on time- I should know because I was one of them for a very long time.

Ego. It’s all about ego, and just how much you can get away with using or drinking- before you die (or get sober).

by Anonymousreply 96September 6, 2022 8:54 AM

Ellen Degenerate misses her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 97September 6, 2022 10:31 AM

[quote]r96 The soft spoken, delicate, unassuming, wallflower type people that blend in and are agreeable are the WORST to get sober

Well, that doesn’t sound like Heche at all.

by Anonymousreply 98September 7, 2022 4:54 AM

R96, is an AA cunt that has little compassion

by Anonymousreply 99September 7, 2022 10:43 AM

Has Anne’s estate made restitution to the high Anne’s house that she slammed into? No excuse for that shit!!!!

by Anonymousreply 100September 8, 2022 2:09 AM

R100, who's the high Anne?

by Anonymousreply 101September 8, 2022 2:35 AM

AA is a cult. For good perhaps but it cripples certain people. And creates over-dependency between members.

by Anonymousreply 102September 8, 2022 3:47 AM

So was she bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 103September 8, 2022 11:52 AM

Anne Heche was a kind and decent person who just happened to like pussy...

by Anonymousreply 104September 8, 2022 12:19 PM

Anne had many friends and loved animals.

by Anonymousreply 105September 8, 2022 1:23 PM

I guess her friends didn't confront her about her drug addiction.

by Anonymousreply 106September 8, 2022 3:59 PM

Even if they did, you can’t just talk a friend into sobriety.

by Anonymousreply 107September 8, 2022 4:20 PM

R106, how do you know she had a substance abuse disorder? She seemed very high functioning when it came to work and health situations. Her organs were good enough to donate and her career was by all accounts stable and pretty successful. She’s memorable in her roles .

by Anonymousreply 108September 8, 2022 10:42 PM

Coz she had cocaine in her system at the time of her death. Do you really think she just did it randomly on that day? Nah, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 109September 8, 2022 11:37 PM

☝🏼 You are retarded . She did not look or act like a coke head . Do you drink in moderation? Are you an alcoholic?! Fuck you lameness

by Anonymousreply 110September 9, 2022 12:04 AM

If I'm retarded I imagine you look a bit like ET, only much less attractive. YOU fuck off, you fucking disgusting baiter.

by Anonymousreply 111September 9, 2022 3:35 AM

This site is being infiltrated by people who clearly just want to release aggression and are neither gay nor gay allies.

by Anonymousreply 112September 9, 2022 3:39 AM

"She could drive a car, just not very well."

by Anonymousreply 113September 9, 2022 3:47 AM

Anne Heche's death has had a much bigger impact on me than Queen Elizabeth's.

by Anonymousreply 114September 9, 2022 3:49 AM

Weird that after all the Millennial blather about Mental Health, no one really noticed that she was going insane right before our eyes. The difference in her interviews from just 5 years ago til now is striking. She had the disordered mind of a longtime homeless person.

by Anonymousreply 115September 9, 2022 5:10 AM

☝🏼 Interviews? Any to share ?

by Anonymousreply 116September 9, 2022 5:17 AM

She was nuts.

by Anonymousreply 117September 9, 2022 5:18 AM

Her final film?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2022 10:03 AM

And now she's DEAD. The world is a little bit safer without her driving around.

by Anonymousreply 119September 14, 2022 10:08 AM

R118, major gay voice

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2022 3:22 PM

Fuck her! She drove like a fucking maniac!!! I’m glad that SHE’s DEAD and no one else! Fucking selfish cunt!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2022 7:53 PM

If you got it, you spot it. She clearly was high on adderall or cocaine when she was doing that podcast. Early signs were visible when she started recording cameo greetings.

by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2022 8:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!