Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's discuss "Chopping Mall" (1986)

I am somewhat surprised this camp classic has not had its due on DL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2024 12:08 PM

I love this shit heap of a movie. James A Janisse does perhaps his best work reviewing it and ripping it to shreds.

It has robots. Cheap effects. Yuppies in their underwear getting blasted to bits. It's absolute trash, just like DL likes it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 3:41 AM

Love Barbra Crampton. She is 63 and looks insanely good. Madonna must hate her.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 3:54 AM

*Barbara

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 3:55 AM

Russell Todd, John Terlesky and Tony O'Dell were nice to look at this. It's a fun movie.

Prior to covid, they got the main cast together, except for the one blonde bimbo with the big fake tits that got her head blown up, for a screening of the movie. Russell Todd is still hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 3:58 AM

John Terlesky fueled many of my teen fantasies. That man was sexy as fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 5:04 AM

This movie is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 5:18 AM

At least the bulldyke made it most of the way through the film, before dying in a hardware store!

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 7:17 PM

All of the main male actors in this movie were very hot. The female cast was also quite attractive. Agreed that Barbara Crampton has aged very well—she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2022 2:05 AM

The oldest-looking gang of “teenagers” in any movie ever

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2022 2:23 AM

There is a very entertaining making-of documentary on the Blu-ray edition of this that came out about 6 years ago, and all of the cast members interviewed on it still look fantastic. Barabra Crampton was in her late-50s and looked like she was 40 in her interview, and John Terlesky was still sexy as hell—maybe even more so because he now has a "hot dad" look. They filmed it at the Sherman Oaks Galleria, where "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "Valley Girl" were shot, which is why it looks so familiar. In the opening credits, you can spot a cardboard record display for Kate Bush's "Hounds of Love" album at the Licorice Pizza store. It's a great time capsule.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2022 3:14 AM

I just finished watching this thanks to this thread. I was a teen in the 80s and a big horror fan but somehow I missed this one until now. Had I seen it in a theater upon its release, my 17 year-old self would likely have thrown my (empty) popcorn tub at the screen. But watching it now, it's a fun time capsule. It's never boring and it only runs about 75 minutes! Russell Todd was at his peak. I never heard of John Terlesky but he sure as hell seemed impressed with himself the way he overeagerly chomped on his chewing gum. The perm on that Kelly Maroney chick...yikes! That was once in style!

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2024 9:27 PM

Mary Woronov and Paul Bartel for extra shitty low camp.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2024 9:40 PM

More gifs of hot ass John Terlesky at the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2024 9:44 PM

This posting is oddly specific for the past

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2024 10:00 PM

On Youtube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2024 10:12 PM

I can’t remember where I heard/read it (maybe the dvd commentary) but Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov oddly appearing as their Paul and Mary Bland characters in a film that has nothing to do with that, had something to do with funding and the production of the EATING RAOUL sequel, BLAND AMBITION, which was in pre-production. The producers of CHOPPING MALL were the same ones. Or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2024 10:20 PM

Mary Woronov herself doesn't get her due on DL.

by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2024 10:26 PM

Meh, R17. I'm the old crank who points out that certain has beens always get their DL due and yes Mary Woronov has had WHET threads.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2024 10:30 PM

Get lost op

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2024 11:02 PM

Terlesky was a hot piece. He was in a movie where, in the intro, he is driving a (corvette?) through the desert and picks up a female hitchhiker named Tina wearing a crop top. Does anyone recall or know what movie that was? The scene thrilled me as a kid and I’d love to see it again.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2024 10:30 AM

I think it might be The Naked Cage (1986), r20. It's a women in prison movie but looking through the pics at imdb there's a scene with a red sports car (maybe a Corvette) pulling up on a desert road and what looks like a hot sex scene in a hotel after. The character's name is Rita not Tina, though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2024 11:01 AM

R21 You’re absolutely right! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2024 12:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!