Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Tony Soprano sexy?

Many people question how Tony fucked so many women in "The Sopranos". Others say possessed a real swagger and charisma that was very hot.

What does DL think? Would you have fucked Tony Soprano?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2024 10:39 PM

No, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 2:24 AM

James Gandolfini, like Bob Hoskins, was one of those guys who, even if they were not conventionally attractive, oozed sex.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 2:24 AM

Was he sexy? Yes. Did I want to fuck him? No

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 2:26 AM

James Gandolfini was sexy. Tony Soprano was not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 2:26 AM

Yes, he was sexy as hell. Genuinely the kind of sexual charisma that makes knees weak.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 2:27 AM

I always liked this scene where Tony fucks the hell of the "Born Again Christian" secretary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 2:28 AM

He was sexy in that he was the boss and acted like the boss.

However, in the sex scenes on Sopranos, I didn't find him sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 2:29 AM

He’s one of those men that only straight women find attractive

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 2:32 AM

Sociopathy is not sexy. I am not into genuinely bad boys.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 2:35 AM

R8 isn't wrong

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 2:36 AM

He's not attractive but I miss the actor. He's from New Jersey and it's always sad to lose our native children like with Whitney Houston

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 2:46 AM

I couldn't get past the sound of his breathing.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 2:47 AM

He did have nice, big hands.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2022 2:48 AM

He was obviously sexy. I can't believe "many" people would find it strange that women wanted him.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2022 9:58 AM

The entire point of that show was displaying that some people become sociopaths because their environment and social position demands it of them. They do it for survival.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2022 1:42 PM

There were moments where I was fascinated by Tony. When they showed his enormous bulge.

Power and attraction isn't always about what's at the surface.

Was he handsome? Nah. Maybe in that "bruto bello" way/

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2022 2:41 PM

He was a disgusting slob.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 2:46 PM

I prefer him by far to twinks and ripped muscle guys.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 2:55 PM

So THAT'S what Chris Krispie would look like when..

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 3:14 PM

Power is always an aphrodisiac. Otherwise, how could you account for German woman sending Herr Hitler love letters in the 30s? He was considered to be quite the catch.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2022 3:20 PM

I agree with R2 and R16. He oozed sex and had that rugged bruto bello look. He also was very masculine.

One of the best fuck buds I ever had was an Italian top daddy who had that rugged bruto bello thing going on. His body was very much like Gandolfini's except he was a bit hairier. He had that look, but he was actually a sweet guy. He was also hung at 8 inches, probably a bit over that. He was a stallion in bed. He could sometimes go three or four times in a night. We rarely did it less than twice, which I liked. It was always difficult finding top guys who weren't one-shot-wonders. He always made sure I came first. He had really good control.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2022 8:00 PM

R21 I had a fuck buddy like that who was beefy, thinner than JG, but a hairy beefy older guy. Not pretty but a handsome rough bruto bello guy.

He told me the second time we hooked up he had "associates" and I always assumed he was a mobster, but never knew for sure.

He was bald, gray hair everywhere, but had a big Italian cock and could hammer my hole deeper than any younger guy I'd ever hooked up with. He always wanted to call me "princess" which was not really my thing but....lol sometimes for the right dick you just let things happen.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2022 8:04 PM

Yes except when he scared the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2022 8:13 PM

By the time the series ended, he was a drug-binging, gray-skinned, corpulent poster child for sleep apnea, who sounded like Popeye with blocked nasal passages.

Yeah. Sooooo sexy.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2022 8:14 PM

I wouldn’t have fucked Tony Soprano.

But I would have fucked James Gandolfini.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2023 3:02 PM

R11 they have now named rest stops on the GSP for James Gandolfini (GSP up around Montvale); Whitney Houston (GSP the old Vauxhall service area). They shall, forever, live in our hearst.

by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2023 3:24 PM

He was gross. I’m disappointed you all don’t have higher standards.

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2023 3:28 PM

Yes, he was sexy. I first noticed him in the movie The Jury with Demi Moore and Alex Baldwin. Maybe it was because he played bad boy mob guys, I honestly don't know but he had a masculinity about him that I would have been attracted to irl.

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2023 3:34 PM

Just recently I rewatched The Sopranos, I never realized the first time around how funny the show was.

I could see a lot of women sleeping with him. Not publicly going after him, but women he ran into deciding to hook up with him.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2023 3:55 PM

At the start of the series he wasn't nearly as heavy as he wound up. Big, strong, powerful men have traditionally been sex symbols, and he looked like he could pound you out like a chicken cutlet.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2023 3:55 PM

He makes Mama moist... Swoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2023 4:00 PM

He was sexy to point. Because he was both vulnerable and tough, and both sides were shown frequently in the show, it made him “approachable” as well as dangerous and exciting. That’s the general formula for a sexy personality, in my opinion. Appearance-wise, he was at one time conventionally attractive when he was younger and you could sort of still see it. But, really, when you think about having actual sex with that sweaty, hairy-in-all-the-wrong-places, clinically obese guy, it’s just gross.

So…my vote is: non-sexually sexy.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2023 4:09 PM

When the show was airing a woman at work said she dated James Gandolfini in college and was incredibly defensive about it, saying 'don't judge me, he was handsome and sexy back then!'. The entire office, even the straight men guffawed at the idea he wasn't sexy NOW.

Lots of straight men secretly wanted to BE him was my takeaway.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2023 4:37 PM

Go, no, a thousand times NO. He's the dumpy guy straight guys want to see as "sexy."

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2023 4:37 PM

You can’t divorce the idea of Tony Soprano being sexy or not sexy from the fact that he was played by one of the most charismatic performers in the history of American television. And the people who do find him sexy would also be partial to the burly teddy bear physique.

I don’t know who RHONJ loose lips Jenn Fessler is but she claims to have fucked him back in the day.

He looks pretty good in the photo accompanying the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2023 4:52 PM

What R8 said. Attractive to people with battered housewife syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2023 5:04 PM

No. And fraus have horrible taste.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2023 5:16 PM

For a man in his 70s, Uncle Junior was hot.

by Anonymousreply 38July 3, 2023 11:40 AM

R39 = Whistler Through The Wheatfield.

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2024 8:28 PM

I didn't think Furio was either. The only guy on the show I might consider fooling around with was Finn, Meadow's boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2024 8:37 PM

I think I stumbled upon the DL thread for blind people

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2024 8:45 PM

Non conventionally attractive men fuck. DLers seemingly mention all the time that they "can't believe anyone would fuck Mr. X" because he's not model attractive.

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2024 8:54 PM

The character didn’t seem to lavish much of anything on his side pieces; no cars, trips, bling, snuggle time, or affection, and the actor was famously self loathing tormented, so any theoretical sexiness is nulled out by how low-grade the experience of being around him would have been.

Of course, as a person he’d have been perfect for someone who likes to fix other people and one bonus aspect of his personality that I read about was that after he’d thrown a temper tantrum at work he’d also throw tons of money around.

So, yeah, he’s sexy enough if you ignore reality completely and that’s what masturbation is for.

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2024 9:07 PM

I found this circa 1980 photo of Ganolfini. You be the judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2024 9:40 PM

I would have been afraid not to had he wanted it. Better to whack off than to get whacked.

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2024 10:27 PM

What R8 said.

Kind of like the criminal version of a fugly musician.

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2024 10:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!