Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dan Price in Hot Water!

He was the guy who decided to pay his employees the same as he made a few years back.

Lauded at a genius, but apparently he likes to slap a bitch every once in a while and doesn't like to hear "no."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2022 7:33 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 2:20 AM

I bet he’s great in bed. He can pull my hair and slap me about.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 2:32 AM

I agree with R1.

I could see this as MAGA-driven character assassination.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 2:49 AM

He is sexy. I hope it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 3:01 AM

The article just dropped. He's been doing a lot of raping. Should we make a new thread for it or just stay on this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 4:16 AM

I’m always suspicious of people who proudly display their virtue on their sleeve, whether it’s overtly religious people or overtly woke people.

I always suspected this guy was a narcissist like Mother Teresa.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 5:36 AM

R5, it’s paywalled

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 5:37 AM

r7 Basically a few rapes, a couple domestic assaults, some blackmailing, a sprinkle of stealing money and using it on yacht trips. Most of the stuff in the article was already well documented.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 5:43 AM

well documented by whom?

I read about his strife with family members regarding his business but didn't know anything else about his personal life.

I assumed he was a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 5:49 AM

"Mr. Price was a young, handsome executive whose worldview spoke to her; a real live influencer on social media who criticized the excesses and arrogance of other business leaders. He posted a seemingly endless stream on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, saying the right things about inequality. About mental health. About women. After Ms. Margis liked one of his Instagram posts in 2020, Mr. Price, who was 35, messaged her: “Happy Valentine’s Day beautiful!” Ms. Margis, who was 27, ignored the message initially but replied back early last year, after friends in a group chat once again shared one of his tweets. “You’re wonderful,” she wrote.

Soon, they were talking regularly. Mr. Price visited her near San Diego and flew her to Seattle. But what started as a whirlwind courtship ended three months later with an accusation of rape."

so the editorial context is Price is a creeper of the advanced age of 35 hitting up a younger woman of 27?

the opener is suspect of a hit piece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 5:53 AM

BTW, he pays his staff 80 grand per year.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 5:55 AM

R1 I agree. It's no doubt possible that he is guilty but nothing triggers the corporate media like a CEO espousing workers rights. I'm going to wait this out before judging.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 6:12 AM

but is he hung?

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2022 2:16 PM

the rape victim contacted his exwife on social media to coorborate her story?Very. Interesting.

Two days later, Ms. Colón, Mr. Price’s former wife, was checking Instagram when she got a message. “I am reaching out and hope this is not triggering in any way,” Ms. Margis wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2022 2:41 PM

Wow, that article.

He sounds a bit like that Canadian radio guy - Ghomeshi? - who would choke women and or get rough with them.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2022 2:47 PM

So she waited 3 months to accuse him of rape?

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2022 2:48 PM

He comes off as phony and cloying on social media. I'd not be surprised if there's truth to at least some of the allegations. The NYT article goes pretty far back in cataloguing his shittiness and involves too many unconnected elements for all of it to be part of some recent conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 2:52 PM

Wow, a heterosexual man in Palm Springs?

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 2:53 PM

He advocates advocate for paying employees correctly= he is a total freak

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 4:11 PM

He built a very successful business based on the premise that the wealth generated from said business should go to the employees who work at the business, rather than to the executives running the business.

Not the kind of guy corporate America wants to see setting a good example.

I don’t know anything about him personally, but he comes off as a pretty good guy in his twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2022 4:31 PM

The reporter has an ax to grind, that would be Dan. His crime is paying people their worth, we don't do shit like that here in the US.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2022 4:50 PM

As a Seattle attorney who works at a personal injury law firm with a salary of $85,000, I think he overpays his employees.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2022 5:03 PM

[quote]I don’t know anything about him personally, but he comes off as a pretty good guy in his twitter feed.

That's the whole point of the article. He didn't even write his own tweets, he hired someone to craft a public image that would bring him Internet fame. Including adoring female followers who ignored years-old allegations of his abusiveness on the basis of those tweets and that false image.

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2022 5:10 PM

I looked up Dan Price but I unfortunately still don't know why I should have heard of him before now. His one book was self published. Is he genuinely famous?

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2022 5:14 PM

Who was the studly het braggart millionaire who looked sort of like him and tried to drop a bikini-clad girl from a roof into a pool, and missed, breaking her bone? The media never talks about him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2022 5:15 PM

Fkin fish ruin everything. People were starting at 70k. He ran a great company with well paid employees.

I'm joking but I'm serious. Can women just be a team player sometimes. I know that's bad for me to say, good thing this is anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2022 5:17 PM

He hired someone to manage his social media account so that makes him a rapist?

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2022 5:20 PM

[quote]He hired someone to manage his social media account so that makes him a rapist?

It's the history of putting his penis inside of sleeping women without their consent that makes him an alleged rapist. The NYT also found former male employees who were uncomfortable with his behavior, though he's not yet been accused of ejaculating inside any men while they slept.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2022 5:34 PM

What history. An accusation isn't history.

If he is being accused of rape, does it matter his social media account management is outsourced?

Why is that relevant?

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2022 6:00 PM

[quote]What history. An accusation isn't history.

It's not "an accusation," there are a plethora of accusations by various people.

[quote]Why is that relevant?

The article explains all of that if any non-trolls are interested.

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2022 6:02 PM

Very interested. Too interested for my own good.

I can't be convinced by a "nyah,nyah,nyah, because I said so " argument

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2022 6:07 PM

His social media account being outsourced isn’t relevant to the rape accusations, but it does go to show that he has an artificial persona and he’s not who he pretends to be. He needs a Cyrano de Bergerac to make people like him on social media.

by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2022 7:12 PM

[quote] Who was the studly het braggart millionaire

This reminded me of the super tall het dude in NYC who opened a restaurant or bakery with his wife, got decimated in reviews, and then ended up cheating on her.

Odd looking but tall and hot in a quirky way. Never hear about him any more, either.

by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2022 7:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!