Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you disreputable?

I am. I was involved in a local scandal involving sex and.... things I'd rather not get into. Now when I go back to see family, I get the looks and comments.

And a few phone calls, still, to be honest. I don't care, but it's very odd.

What about you? Is there anywhere you can't, won't, or would rather not show your face? Or somewhere where you slip into something fabulous and make sure you're seen?

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2022 10:12 AM

Just spill the details, hun. Where's the fun in your tease?

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 12:51 AM

I agree with R1. Why should I spill mine if you won't?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 12:57 AM

Twenty plus years ago I spent close to a year being chased down the street by the FBI, assorted States, assorted local cops, CNN et al, and about a hundred newspapers. Funny thing is I never had any anxiety about it at all 'cuz I didden do nuffin', 'onessly officer. Which was true, and after a while, the FBI had other people to chase, and the newspapers got bored by it.

It was, however a fascinating look into how all of that kind of thing works (especially how the Feds work), and I probably understand 45's legal thing probably better than most people. Something else came to light because of it though, and a very prominent person got 12 months in the Federal slam.

Obviously I can't say what it was about as that would instantly identify me, so there.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 1:29 AM

Poor little Ghislaine....

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 1:37 AM

Yawn R3

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 1:41 AM

R5 - And what have you accomplished in your life? I have worked and associated with (and still do) hundreds of celebrities, company executives and government big-wigs from a dozen different countries, making friendships with billionaires that most on DL would not even literally be allowed to get physically close to. Yawn and envy indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 2:07 AM

I post on the Data Lounge. Of course I'm disreputable

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 2:09 AM

R7 - Yes! Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 2:12 AM

Add try hard to yawn, about R6. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 2:12 AM

R6, are you a Clinton fundraiser? I'm not being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 2:20 AM

I’m a regular Belle Walting.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 2:36 AM

Stop with the humblebrag OP.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 2:54 AM

I am positively a SCOUNDREL!

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2022 2:55 AM

If you continue to get harassing calls, why don't you change your phone number, OP?

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2022 2:57 AM

He likes to hear the breathing of the caller.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2022 4:37 AM

I was part of a prostitution org. (ran it with a lesbian friend of mine). I handled the men, she handled the women. She was pimping a girl she had a relationship with and it ended up snaring the county sheriff, a nasty and crazy rightwing "law and order" type.

It all blew up and the gay part caused a bigger blast than the rotten sheriff (who did end up going to jail after losing his job, because he was paying out of funds he shouldn't have used, obviously). Photos, tv from outside. My friend hid out with her girlfriend at a motel. Hilariously, even though it was one of the spots we'd use at times, no one found them. I just let the stable of workers go and moved to a bigger city. I managed not to be charged with anything. But the trips back still are exciting, especially when it comes to the former clients (yes, "johns"), who don't dare diss me or avoid me because they know how I am. My colleague has since died - she had a lot of health issues.

My family won't talk about it, but I do. But this is about other disreputables, not me, you cunts.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2022 1:20 PM

Yes and no. My family look at me with suspicion and hold me in disregard, because I’m unlike them—single, childless, low-key and quiet, unflashy and not out to impress, unwilling to play social games. But I’ve never actually done anything ‘scandalous’, and am quite boring tbh; think my family would celebrate if I ever did do something worth gossiping about, because they’d have something to chew on and shake them up. As it is, I’m not giving those vultures the satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 2:11 PM

R3 sounds like a baller

Great story!

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 2:16 PM

i grew up in foster care/abusive homes since the age of 2 and have never had a friend that lasted for more than 6 months. but i've been in a relationship for since 97. everybody that has ever spent any time with me knows i'm a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 3:01 PM

Well, at least your not a cunt, R19!

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2022 9:23 PM

Who, me?

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2022 9:37 PM

I never had a repute to dis.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2022 9:41 PM

"Are you disreputable?"

In the state of Florida I am. They suck anyway, so no problem never going back

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2022 9:44 PM

Op did it involve minors?

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2022 9:44 PM

That's what I think, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2022 9:56 AM

I don't understand the question

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2022 10:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!