Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former CIA Director: The GOP is the Most Dangerous Political Force I’ve Ever Seen

[QUOTE]”I’ve covered extremism and violent ideologies around the world over my career,” said Michael Hayden. “I have never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous and contemptible than today’s Republicans.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2022 1:24 AM

Well I guess he doesn't believe in sugar-coating.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 11:14 PM

He's right

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 11:14 PM

Why does he have a bulb growing out of his neck?

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 11:17 PM

I think that's his mic, doll.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 11:18 PM

He and Liz need security from the crazies.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 11:18 PM

He's doing a one-dangle earring thing, r3.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 11:18 PM

Says the guy who let 9/11 happen ("we missed the signs") and then oversaw theinstitution of the fucking Patriot Act to cover up his incompetence.

Fuck him. He's a Bush cult member and WILL NOT be forgiven for it, no matter how much he tries to grovel for doing the bidding of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 11:20 PM

Good r4, I thought he had a MELONOMA!

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 11:22 PM

"Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) has produced documentary evidence of Hayden’s role in the 9/11 intelligence failure and subsequent civil liberties violations. The consequences of Hayden’s misconduct during this time continue to be felt today."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 5:06 AM

He may be an imperfect messenger, but his past misconduct has nothing to do with the message itself.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2022 1:25 PM

The Left needs to hammer away with this message. The only reason that these crazies got so much control is because no one had the guts to reel them in. Forget how raids on former presidents looks, if there is clear evidence of crimes you've got to go in there and take control. Otherwise they win

Also, you can just forget about changing anyone's mind. It's not going to happen. The only thing you can do to the nutjobs is take away their power and contain them

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2022 1:35 PM

The problem is, the Republican base thinks the exact same thing about the Democrats. This is not tenable.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2022 1:46 PM

^ The difference is they're the ones who break the law, they're the ones who try to overthrow the government, they're the ones who steal Top Secrets and they're the ones who have to be controlled. Just like any other felon, no "both sides"

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2022 4:45 PM

Good posts in this thread, especially r13

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2022 1:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!