Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actress Amandla Stenberg admits she's a 'naughty girl' for sending message to lesbian New York Times film critic

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 24, 2022 4:55 PM

Amandla. Is that a typo?

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 10:06 PM

Amandla in obnoxious for responding to a criticism review in this way (or at all really) and the reviewer is annoying for pretending it was an act of hemophilia rather than a useless rebuttal. I

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 10:09 PM

Am I reading this right, is that reviewer trying to paint herself as a victim of homophobia over Amandla’s message? When Amandla was directly responding to her calling the movie an advertising for cleavage? Reviewer seems annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 10:21 PM

R2 and R3 You both got it right.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 10:23 PM

The reviewer is cringe.

Amandla is, well…

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 10:25 PM

R1 No spelling correct. Read the article

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 10:26 PM

Even Amandla's name is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2022 8:37 PM

When Columbiana came out, I thought she was such a beautiful girl. Now I don't want hear from her for about five years.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2022 8:46 PM

Sigh, yet another tedious actress, and person, who feels the need to bring up their sexuality rather than just fucking ACT.

I'm so tired of all these poseurs.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2022 9:12 PM

- Reviewer said what distinguished Bodies Bodies Bodies from similar horror films is that the cast were sexualised in the glamorous sheen of Gen-Z Arthouse/A23/Euphoria as opposed to the normal horror T&A way, but they were objectified all the same.

- Amandla decided that, as a biracial queer woman, the review was personally about her and contacted the reviewer via a barely grammatical DM to accuse her of staring at Amanda’s tits rather than watching the film.

- Reviewer was upset that Amandla posited her as a predatory butch dyke leering at the pretty femme.

- Reviewer discusses her upset on two social media platforms.

- Amandla tells the LA Times “I was just joking y’all lmao”.

- Both of them should to their respective lanes of criticism and acting and stay the fuck off social media.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2022 9:17 PM

I feel dumb for stumbling into this thread.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2022 9:23 PM

The reviewer posted a cringe video on twitter (not sure when) of 4 reasons why she’s soooooooo talented and good at her job and how she got to where she is today (writing for NYT age 24), neglecting to mention in any of her four reasons, that her dad is an editor for the NYT.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2022 9:31 PM

I see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2022 9:53 PM

Dyke drama

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2022 10:27 PM

Does anyone work at NYT who isn’t related to someone at NYT?

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2022 10:27 PM

The NYT is a Ponzi scheme for Midwesterners.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2022 10:30 PM

Maggie Haberman’s dada was also a NY Times editor.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2022 4:32 PM

None of them even have great tits.

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2022 4:38 PM

I don't know who either of them are.

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2022 4:40 PM

[quote]The actress later posted on Instagram that she thought since she is gay and Wilson is gay, that they would both think her DM was funny. But Wilson, who posted on social media that she was a fan of Stenburg's, did not think it was funny, and said she was devastated by the message.

DEVASTATED, I tell you!

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2022 4:43 PM

I am partially ashamed to say that I miss the good old days of the Weinstein brothers making good movies and critics reviewing them based on the films' merits.

Now, I don't even know what is going on. Every movie is a comic book, every actor is a representative of six disenfranchised groups, every critic is a representative of 12 activist groups, and names are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 21August 24, 2022 4:46 PM

[Quote] Every movie is a comic book, every actor is a representative of six disenfranchised groups, every critic is a representative of 12 activist groups, and names are stupid.

Watch "My Policeman," tender faggot!

by Anonymousreply 22August 24, 2022 4:53 PM

Fuck you, R22. Nobody calls me a faggot but Matt Damon, and only when he's holding the paddle.

by Anonymousreply 23August 24, 2022 4:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!