Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Angels in Springtime discussion thread

Charlie’s Angels season 3, episode 4. First aired October 11, 1978.

When famous actress Eve LeDeux is electrocuted at an exclusive women's spa, the Angels go undercover to capture the killer and find the missing manuscript of Eve's memoirs, which may reveal information some would rather be forgotten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2022 1:09 AM

This is Kris Munroe. She is just sittin’ around in the sauna waiting for someone (Zora) to make an attempt on her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 5:16 PM

From left to right

Sabrina Duncan, Kris Munroe and Kelly Garrett

Sittin’ in steam. Sabrina didn’t like the experience at all and kept complaining how hot it was. Go figure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 5:19 PM

The Springtime Spa was an exclusive spa for women only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 5:20 PM

Kris is about to get the shit beat out of her by Springtime Spa physical therapist - Zora!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 5:25 PM

Kris has her first run in with Zora.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 5:27 PM

Full episode! Yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 5:28 PM

Dr. Slavin is the resident (lesbian) physician at Springtime. She takes an instant liking to Kelly.

Dr Slavin: You know, if you're feeling a bit depleted, I might be able to help. We have a program here involving hypnosis...

Kelly: Hypnotherapy.

Dr. Slavin: Does that frighten you?

Kelly: No. It interests me.

Dr Slavin: Good, good. Tonight, after dinner. Would you open your blouse please?? (Seductively exhaling hot breath on her stethoscope) Now it won't be so cold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 5:49 PM

Kelly: Something odd happened.

Sabrina: What?

Kelly: I was examined by a Dr. Slavin

Sabrina. Yeah?

Kelly: She wanted me to take some kind of hypnotic therapy.

Sabrina: I don't like that.

Kelly: I don't either. I've been through it before. The only way she'll put me under is with a club.

Sabrina: Yeah. That's what I'm afraid of.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 5:55 PM

^^Revised dialogue

Kelly: Something queer happened.

Sabrina: OMG, what???

Kelly: I was molested by a Dr. Slavin.

Sabrina: Yeah, wish I could have watched.

Kelly: She wants to perform vaginal exploration therapy on me.

Sabrina: I want to watch!

Kelly: Shit… I’ve never done it with another woman before. The only way she’s gonna explore my pussy is if she wears a strapon.

Sabrina: Fuck, that makes me juicy!!

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 6:04 PM

R9 You translated that perfectly!

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 6:23 PM

Someone here once described Dr Slavin as having “horny breath” and I agree.

My favorite part of the episode is that old dyke trying to escape in a wheelchair.

Eve LeDeux’s niece looked like a pez dispenser after her makeover.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2022 6:33 PM

R9 reads like a Bonnie Mace post.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2022 6:34 PM

Zora was one bad ass criminal… her favorite weapon was a lethal herbal wrap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2022 7:00 PM

[quote]My favorite part of the episode is that old dyke trying to escape in a wheelchair.

That old dyke was played by Mercedes McCambridge.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2022 7:08 PM

^^She was very unlikable

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2022 7:33 PM

Zora is my idol

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2022 7:58 PM

One of the few times Charlie's Angels referenced something that happened in a past episode (The Seance). A shame that Dr. Slavin didn't put Kelly under for real so we could have a reprisal of Kelly's terrible memories of Beamish. The spectre of Beamish plus Zora and her deadly herbal wraps would have been Charlie's angels gold, not this episode isn't a standout already.

Anyone in the mood for carrot sticks prepared by Sabrina Duncan?

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2022 8:07 PM

I was never a big Charlie's Angels watcher but it does seem as if most plots involved getting the Angels into skimpy clothing and ridiculous situations. Very campy. Did the folks watching back then get the camp factor?

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2022 8:23 PM

Does anyone know anyone as ugly and greedy as Zora in real life??

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2022 1:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!