Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Misses Being Young and Free?

I would’ve appreciated it more had I known what was coming. Getting old sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 1:16 AM

I'm with you, OP. As a much older friend of mine advised in the mid-1970s, when I still had my youth, life sucks then you die.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 5:23 PM

In the '70s, I had hair, hope and a great ass. All GONE!

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 5:30 PM

You had a great ass but couldn’t stay young forever, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 5:47 PM

Youth is wasted on the young.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 6:10 PM

Young and free? Oh, never. Now, young and cheap? THAT I miss dreadfully.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 6:30 PM

I took my mother to a doctor's appointment years ago, after her health had taken a turn for the worse.

She was in a lot of pain and the young 20-something receptionist said "Ma'am, you are in your GOLDEN YEARS, you need to enjoy it".

My replied, "GOLDEN YEARS MY FUCKING ASS"!

I never really understood what she meant until I turned 50 two years ago.

Things don't heal like they did in my 20s.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 6:35 PM

I miss the physicality of being young: rock-hard erections, athletic stamina, no wrinkles or gray hair, etc., but the roller coaster mindset experienced in my 20s---no thank you.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 7:01 PM

Yes, I miss my youthful body. I was just told I was in the beginnings of cataracts. Great

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 7:13 PM

When I was young at least I had the sense to charge for it. Free? Ha!

And as far as the weepers here, remember the real saying: Youth is wasted on the hung.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 7:19 PM

Joints (and everything) aching sucks.

Being young--you can have it. No way was I, white trash child of the underclass, "free" as a young person.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 7:19 PM

I don't miss the insecurities and fears that come with youth. Everything's so intimidating and frightening. I certainly don't miss pop quizzes and tests in school either or being forced to socialize with people I had nothing in common with simply because we went to the same school or because our parents were friends. You grow up and are able to pick your friends a little bit better.

I find myself missing the smaller things of my first 10 years on this earth. The excitement of simply getting a snow cone in the summer or going to the library or going to the movies. These are things that will still bring me joy, but there was something extra special about it when I was a kid. I miss holiday gatherings when our family was all still alive and present and phone calls or visits with my grandparents. Something told me to treasure those moments at the time and I'm glad I did. I've usually been able to leave things on good terms with people before they passed away or left for some reason or another.

I'm in my 30's and enjoying this decade more than the last two already. I have more confidence and I look and feel better than I ever have. Trying to live it up now. Who knows what'll happen down the road? I'm lucky that I love what I do and am able to do it. The ones who don't have a dream or a passion always waste away in old age. What have they got to live for? They worked so hard for all these years and find themselves with nothing to do during retirement.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2022 7:34 PM

R11 thinks that being in his thirties gives him an entry into this thread. Honey, enjoy your youth, seeing that you’re still in it.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2022 9:33 PM

In the gay world, R12, 30s is over the hill.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2022 11:22 PM

I'd be happy to have my young body.

But I prefer the wisdom of my 50s.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2022 11:25 PM

I’m 49 and spry! I still get around pretty good too.

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2022 11:38 PM

Not as good as you did 20 years ago, R15.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2022 12:22 AM

I can still perform oral and anal

I workout 5 days a week

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 12:23 AM

How’s your erectile strength, R17?

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 1:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!