Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2023 Green Peanuts Are Here!

Are you boiled peanut fans ready to kick off the 2023 green peanuts season? I am!

The season won't last long, through September, and that's it for the year.

Besides this basic recipe, do you do anything special when you boil?

Me? I've discovered that using an instant pot means I can be enjoying them faster. And sometimes I add some Zatarains to my boil water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2022 9:00 PM

You're from Georgia, aren't you? 😉

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 11:59 AM

[quote]sometimes I add some Zatarains to my boil water

Does that help you get rid of those unsightly boils?

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 12:01 PM

Boiled peanuts are not a good one cold at home. They are meant to be purchased at a roadside stand run by an old man who drives an even older truck.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 12:05 PM

I lived in Atlanta for 25 years and never warmed up to boiled peanuts, but I sure do love Vidalia onions 🙂

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 12:08 PM

Yes, please let me have some soggy, wet, somewhat-warm peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 12:14 PM

^ Especially when you cram a handful into your RC Cola 🤮

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 12:22 PM

No, thank you. You, old fat cancer-ridden farts should avoid peanuts, green peanuts, green peas.

[quote]Frequent consumption of peanuts by cancer patients may increase risk of cancer spread, study finds. Summary: A study has identified new factors accompanying previous findings that frequent consumption of peanuts by cancer patients could increase risk of cancer spread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 12:27 PM

2023? I know time runs a little differently here on DL, but it's usually backwards.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 12:43 PM

Ooops. U R correct, madam. My stupid error.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 12:48 PM

That's cool, OP. I was wondering if it might be like how new cars are dated the next year, e.g. they'll be having a close-out sale on 2023 SUVs through Labor Day.

On-topic, I would like to try these but have never seen green peanuts for sale. Will raw brown ones taste the same once boiled?

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 1:02 PM

The taste difference is sublime, new crop green vs. raw but dried.

Keep looking for green.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2022 1:08 PM

This guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2022 1:15 PM

Love boiled peanuts!

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2022 1:17 PM

I haven't had any since mom made some in the 1970s. I remember liking them, but at some point in the recent past there was a Twitter trend from people who hated them so much they said just the smell made them sick.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2022 1:29 PM

I love boiled peanuts, and been checking the stores or them recently. No though, and I know why. They weren't in season! Thanks for posting this ,OP.!

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2022 1:40 PM

☝Should have read; no luck though, and now I know why.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2022 1:45 PM

Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to boil peanuts.

Use a pressure cooker if you have one for faster enjoyment.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2022 3:03 PM

Boiled peanuts are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2022 3:08 PM

^^^ And we have a comment from the boiled peanut gallery ....

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2022 3:16 PM

Ancient Chinese Secret, we like them too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2022 5:51 PM

The Strange History of Boiled Peanuts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2022 9:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!