Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYT Reviewer EVISCERATES Jared's Memoir

Rarely seen such a deliciously scathing book review in the Gray Lady.

"Reading this book reminded me of watching a cat lick a dog’s eye goo."

"Kushner looks like a mannequin, and he writes like one"

It's a review for the ages.

(My only petty gripe is that the reviewer made an error in his last paragraph: Cynthia Ozick's "The Shawl" makes no reference to Florida; he must be thinking of another story.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 24, 2022 12:04 AM

Jared Kushner’s ‘Breaking History’ Is a Soulless and Very Selective Memoir

In this lengthy book, Kushner recounts the time he spent in the White House during his father-in-law’s term.

By Dwight Garner Aug. 17, 2022, 5:00 a.m. ET

BREAKING HISTORY A White House Memoir By Jared Kushner

The United States Secret Service isn’t known for its sense of humor, but when it gave Jared Kushner the code name “mechanic,” was someone betting that he’d call his memoir “Breaking History”?

It’s a title that, in its thoroughgoing lack of self-awareness, matches this book’s contents. Kushner writes as if he believes foreign dignitaries (and less-than dignitaries) prized him in the White House because he was the fresh ideas guy, the starting point guard, the dimpled go-getter.

He betrays little cognizance that he was in demand because, as a landslide of other reporting has demonstrated, he was in over his head, unable to curb his avarice, a cocky young real estate heir who happened to unwrap a lot of Big Macs beside his father-in-law, the erratic and misinformed and similarly mercenary leader of the free world. Jared was a soft touch.

“Breaking History” is an earnest and soulless — Kushner looks like a mannequin, and he writes like one — and peculiarly selective appraisal of Donald J. Trump’s term in office. Kushner almost entirely ignores the chaos, the alienation of allies, the breaking of laws and norms, the flirtations with dictators, the comprehensive loss of America’s moral leadership, and so on, ad infinitum, to speak about his boyish tinkering (the “mechanic”) with issues he was interested in.

This book is like a tour of a once majestic 18th-century wooden house, now burned to its foundations, that focuses solely on, and rejoices in, what’s left amid the ashes: the two singed bathtubs, the gravel driveway and the mailbox. Kushner’s fealty to Trump remains absolute. Reading this book reminded me of watching a cat lick a dog’s eye goo.

The tone is college admissions essay. Typical sentence: “In an environment of maximum pressure, I learned to ignore the noise and distractions and instead to push for results that would improve lives.”

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2022 5:10 PM

Every political cliché gets a fresh shampooing. “Even in a starkly divided country, there are always opportunities to build bridges,” Kushner writes. And, quoting the former White House deputy chief of staff Chris Liddell: “Every day here is sand through an hourglass, and we have to make it count.” So true, for these are the days of our lives.

Kushner, poignantly, repeatedly beats his own drum. He recalls every drop of praise he’s ever received; he brings these home and he leaves them on the doorstep. You turn the pages and find, almost at random, colleagues, some of them famous, trying to be kind, uttering things like:

It’s really not fair how the press is beating you up. You made a very positive contribution

I don’t know how you do this every day on so many topics. That was really hard! You deserve an award for all you’ve done.

I’ve said before, and I’ll say again. This agreement would not have happened if it wasn’t for Jared.

Jared did an amazing job working with Bob Lighthizer on the incredible USMCA trade deal we signed yesterday.

Jared’s a genius. People complain about nepotism — I’m the one who got the steal here.

I’ve been in Washington a long time, and I must say, Jared is one of the best lobbyists I’ve ever seen.

A therapist might call these cries for help.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 5:11 PM

“Breaking History” opens with the story of Kushner’s father, the real estate tycoon Charles Kushner, who was imprisoned after hiring a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, having the encounter filmed and sending the tape to his sister. He was a good man who did a bad thing, Jared says, and Chris Christie, while serving as the United States attorney for New Jersey, was cruel to prosecute him so mercilessly. Editors’ Picks Why Pop’s Biggest Stars Are Staying Put for Long Residencies Why Is My Daughter’s Debt Forgiveness So Upsetting to My Brother? For Christopher Walken and John Turturro, ‘Severance’ Is a Workplace Romance Continue reading the main story

There is a flashback to Kushner’s grandparents, Holocaust survivors who settled in New Jersey and did well. There’s a page or two about Kushner’s time at Harvard. He omits the fact that he was admitted after his father pledged $2.5 million to the college.

If Kushner can recall a professor or a book that influenced him while in Cambridge, he doesn’t say. Instead, he recalls doing his first real estate deals while there. He moved to New York, and bought and ruined a great newspaper (The New York Observer) by dumbing it down and feting his friends in its pages.

His wooing of Ivanka Trump included a good deal of jet-setting. Kushner briefly broke up with her, he writes, because she wasn’t Jewish. (She would later convert.) Wendi Murdoch, Rupert’s wife, reunited them on Rupert’s yacht. Kushner describes the power scene:

On that Sunday, we were having lunch at Bono’s house in the town of Eze on the French Riviera, when Rupert stepped out to take a call. He came back and whispered in my ear, “They blinked, they agreed to our terms, we have The Wall Street Journal.” After lunch, Billy Joel, who had also been with us on the boat, played the piano while Bono sang with the Irish singer-songwriter Bob Geldof.

With or without you, Bono.

Once in the White House, Kushner became Little Jack Horner, placing a thumb in everyone else’s pie, and he wonders why he was disliked. He read Sun Tzu and imagined he was becoming a warrior. It was because he had Trump’s ear, however, that he won nearly every time he locked antlers with a rival. Corey Lewandowski — out. Steve Bannon — out.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who begged Kushner to stop meddling internationally — out. (Kushner cites Tillerson’s “reclusive approach” to foreign policy.) By the end, Tillerson was like a dead animal someone needed to pull a tarpaulin over.

Kushner was pleased that the other adults in the room, including the White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, the White House counsel Don McGahn and the later chief of staff John Kelly, left or were ejected because they tried, patriotically, to exclude him from meetings he shouldn’t have been in. The fact that he was initially denied security clearance, he writes, was much ado about nothing.

The bulk of “Breaking History” — at nearly 500 pages, it’s a slog — goes deeply into the weeds (Kushner, in his acknowledgments, credits a ghostwriter, the speechwriter Brittany Baldwin) on the issues he cared most about, including prison reform, the Covid response and the Middle East, where he had a win with the Abraham Accords.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 5:12 PM

This book ends with Kushner suggesting he was unaware of the events of Jan. 6 until late in the day. He mostly sidesteps talking about spurious claims of election fraud. He seems to have no beliefs beyond carefully managed appearances and the art of the deal. He wants to stay on top of things, this manager, but doesn’t want to get to the bottom of anything.

You finish “Breaking History” wondering: Who is this book for? There’s not enough red meat for the MAGA crowd, and Kushner has never appealed to them anyway. Political wonks will be interested — maybe, to a limited degree — but this material is more thoroughly and reliably covered elsewhere. He’s a pair of dimples without a demographic.

What a queasy-making book to have in your hands. Once someone has happily worked alongside one of the most flagrant and systematic and powerful liars in this country’s history, how can anyone be expected to believe a word they say?

It makes a kind of sense that Kushner is likely to remain exiled in Florida. “The whole peninsula of Florida was weighted down with regret,” as Cynthia Ozick put it in “The Shawl.” “Everyone had left behind a real life.”

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 5:12 PM

OP, it's Cynthia Ozick's story "Rosa," which is a sequel to "The Shawl," that mentions Florida, which is what the reviewer was referring to, but yes, they were mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 5:12 PM

Oh shit, I just saw that someone beat me to it -- sorry for the duplicate thread (I did search).

But isn't it telling that we both chose the word "eviscerate" to describe the review?

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 5:15 PM

He’s thinking of “Rosa,” the novella that is the other story in Ozick’s volume called “The Shawl,” taking place in Florida after the short story @The Shawl,” set in a concentration camp. So the reviewer isn’t exactly wrong, but conflates the volume and the specific story.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 5:20 PM

Wendi Murdoch, Rupert’s wife,

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 5:21 PM

Thanks, R7.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2022 5:22 PM

Tinymeat evisceratia.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2022 5:23 PM

The American media establishment is complicit in the erosion of American democracy.

Why?

Why does corporate media want America to end?

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2022 5:24 PM

"Breaking History” opens with the story of Kushner’s father, the real estate tycoon Charles Kushner, who was imprisoned after hiring a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, having the encounter filmed and sending the tape to his sister. He was a good man who did a bad thing, Jared says, and Chris Christie, while serving as the United States attorney for New Jersey, was cruel to prosecute him so mercilessly. "

I'm from a low class uneducated family.

NONE of us did time in a penitentiary.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2022 5:28 PM

Yeah who is this book for? Is it for people like me who are interested in psychos?

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2022 5:29 PM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 5:30 PM

I'm interested in psychos and will never, ever purchase this book. These people belong in front of the firing squad for committing treason.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 5:32 PM

Yeah this review was enough of an overview of the book for me.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 5:36 PM

Disgusting that he was given a book deal.

[quote]He was a good man who did a bad thing, Jared says,

*A* bad thing? No, you don't become that "successful" doing just the one bad thing. You have a lifetime of having done very bad things, but then, Jared his a cockroach like his father, so he wouldn't understand anything resembling basic decency.

Does this scumbag also get into how he got into Harvard or does he skip over the part that even his HS was shocked he got in, along with his brother?

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2022 5:37 PM

is*

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2022 5:38 PM

Q. Where were you while the nation's capitol was breached by terrorists who assaulted and killed cops?

A. I was like, taking a like, shower and like doing my hair.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2022 5:43 PM

Who in the world would buy this book. Magats don't read.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 5:48 PM

I don't even think MAGAts are fond of Jared.

I'm going to assume tons of books will be sold in bulk - bought by his BFF MBS

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 5:52 PM

The covid response alone is enough to put all of these cretins away for good.

Using tax payers money to purchase supplies from companies that they owned or owned shares in and having the states competitively bid for the supplies as if we were contestants in the hunger games.

Slenderman was confronted about this while it was happening and he told us the supplies belong to the feds..

Tax cheats and convicted felons having access to federal funds. What could go wrong.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 5:53 PM

That is a terrible book review, IMO, but it doesn’t really matter because Kushner’s book isn’t worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 5:57 PM

NOOOOOO NOT MY HECKINRINOOOOO HEEBARINOOOOOOOS

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2022 6:01 PM

Hospitals did not have enough PPE to protect their staff or patients.

States were bidding against each other for access to ventilators.

Having short memories and a small attention span got us in a terrible mess.

Covid is still killing 400 Americans daily. The CDC can't be trusted but a hostess of a cancelled reality television show is revered as an expert on disease control.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2022 6:33 PM

Jared and Ivanka’s marriage was clearly brokered by their fathers for purposes of business and bearding. Dad Kushner the sleazy jailbird wanted to buy his son something like a respectable life and Donald was more than happy to sell his aging mistress-daughter.

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2022 10:04 PM

What were Bono, Billy Joel and Bob Geldof doing hanging out with these people?

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2022 10:12 PM

Publisher ‏ : ‎ Broadside Books (August 23, 2022)

Language ‏ : ‎ English

Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 512 pages

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0063221489

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0063221482.

Item Weight ‏ : ‎ 1 pounds

Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 6 x 1.3 x 9 inches

Best Sellers Rank: #1,891 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

#1 in International Diplomacy (Books)

#1 in Historical Asian Biographies (Books)

#2 in Middle Eastern Politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2022 10:39 PM

Broadside Books is an imprint of HarperCollins which is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp..

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2022 10:51 PM

They should publish Jared and Ivanka's books as a box set.

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2022 10:53 PM

For anyone who has forgotten Ivanka's book:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote]He read Sun Tzu and imagined he was becoming a warrior.

Oh god, the calling card of every dumb bastard with a business degree. I bet the fucker throws out pithy little pseudo-confucian wisdom in every meeting.

Although I thought this trend had passed with the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2022 10:55 PM

Warriors aren't slumlords who allow their children's grandma to be buried in potter's field.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2022 11:01 PM

R32, I knew so many law firm partners who had this book conspicuously displayed in their offices through the late 90s. Jared probably kept his in clear sight, right next to his copy of The Fountainhead.

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2022 11:07 PM

Broadside Books specializes in conservative nonfiction, spanning the full range of right-of-center thought and opinion. Publishing a variety of politicians, thinkers, and journalists, from Donald Rumsfeld to Daniel Hannan, Monica Crowley to Dennis Prager, Broadside seeks to create a forum for smart, serious conservative ideas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2022 11:19 PM

Leave my boy alone, R33. Anyway, I'm the grandmother that counts, not that Czech shiksa.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2022 11:19 PM

Despicable human being

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2022 11:24 PM

The book cover is almost literally light on the loafers . He’s such a weak man

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2022 11:25 PM

Bad review of a bad book. His bad luck is just beginning. I’m guessing it will be in the 99 cent bin at Barnes & Noble in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2022 11:32 PM

*high five* to you, OP; I posted earlier review and yes...eviscerate is pretty definitive with this hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2022 11:34 PM

Dimple boy had the only cute thing about him surgically removed. They tried to go after his heart but couldn't find it. I hope his kids grow up to hate him 😠

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2022 11:35 PM

Did Jared okay that cover photo? Because it reminds me of the DL poster who said Marcus Bachmann’s walk was like Debbie Reynolds stage entrance.

Jared has an elderly showgirl stride, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2022 11:51 PM

I always preferred this comparison...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2022 12:00 AM

The Slender Man a close second...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2022 12:04 AM

Broadside? Doesn't seem particularly conservative to me. They even gave a gay third billing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2022 12:13 AM

When far white wing operatives screech about liberal media censoring their voices, they are lying. Again. This man doesn't have a compelling story to tell so why give him a book deal.

These people stole payroll information about agents. Ask them to write about THAT.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2022 12:23 AM

I’ll bet his sexy times with Daddy’s girl, Ivanka, is a sterile ordeal. Like a sewing machine…..3 quick stitches and it’s all over.

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote]Middle East, where he had a win with the Abraham Accords.

FUCKING. BULL. SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2022 12:47 AM

How is he going to promote this? That’s always part of the book contract.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2022 10:18 AM

As someone once said, you shouldn't be allowed to write a book until you've read one. I think that's the case with this one.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2022 11:16 AM

The sad, last days of Jared Kushner.

He's always photographed with the strangest expression on his face. A mixture of arrogance and rage. Barely human.

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2022 11:31 AM

R51: It's all that overcontrolled hostility from knowing that he's basically a failure and and owned by Daddy's felonious money and Daddy-in-law's felonious life. His more successful and independent brother seems like a more normal person.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2022 12:25 PM

A warrior of an effeminate Gumby army

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2022 12:34 PM

Imagine Jared in bed . . . ugh.

But I wouldn't put it past Trump to spank his mushroom monkey watching secretly recorded sex tapes of Jared fucking his princess daughter.

by Anonymousreply 54August 19, 2022 6:35 PM

[quote]Jared did an amazing job working with Bob Lighthizer on the incredible USMCA trade deal we signed yesterday.

Not that amazing. It's been a disaster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 19, 2022 7:58 PM

OMG OP THEY EVISCERATED IT

I hate him and hope he dies. Jared, that is, not OP. Well, maybe OP for his ridiculously childish headline.

by Anonymousreply 56August 19, 2022 8:04 PM

I like the headline and I LOVED the book review

by Anonymousreply 57August 19, 2022 8:34 PM

You all are missing the most shocking part of the book: Bob Geldof, Bono and Billy Joel were entertaining Rupert Murdoch whose level of pure evil is 10X that of Trump and Kushner combined.

The review was amusing and no doubt well deserved, but amusing in a Gawker kind of way, not a NYT Book Review kind of way.

But it seems inappropriate for the NYT.

Yes Kushner is despicable but by allowing the reviewer to be so blatantly partisan it took away whatever power it had to do anything other than mock Kushner.

Plus, as is always the case in these situations, the reviewer comes off badly too, it makes him sound jealous and and bitter.

Mostly though I have no idea how awful the book actually is because the reviewer decided ahead of time that it was awful.

by Anonymousreply 58August 19, 2022 8:58 PM

What if Jared is the one who blabbed on Trump and his stolen documents?

by Anonymousreply 59August 19, 2022 9:03 PM

That’s what Michael Cohen thinks, that Jared is the mole.

by Anonymousreply 60August 19, 2022 9:26 PM

[quote]You all are missing the most shocking part of the book: Bob Geldof, Bono and Billy Joel were entertaining Rupert Murdoch whose level of pure evil is 10X that of Trump and Kushner combined.

None of those names shocks me. I'm only shocked Elton isn't on the list.

by Anonymousreply 61August 19, 2022 10:22 PM

r58, I look for a reviewer to express their views, even their extreme views.

And even their partisan-based extreme views if I share them, which I happen to do with Dwight Garner. Books are expensive - who needs to waste their money?

by Anonymousreply 62August 19, 2022 10:23 PM

NYT is partisan, to white wing stupidity. The publication bothsided the US into permanent shithole status.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 19, 2022 11:37 PM

If I see this in the dollar tree, I will purchase. Otherwise, no.

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2022 12:38 AM

The Secret Service actually loved him.

Though you may have heard that Jared and Ivanka would not let the Secret Service agents on their protection detail use the bathroom in their swanky D.C. home, Kushner says that’s untrue. He claims they offered to let the agents use their bathroom but they declined, saying they wanted a larger space they could use as a command post.

Kushner also says the Secret Service assigned him the code name “mechanic” because they thought he was amazing at his job. “They had observed me quietly and methodically fixing problems behind the scenes during the presidential campaign,” he says, per the Washington Examiner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2022 1:49 AM

R65, “I’m great and everyone loves me!” You can see from just a few quotes that Kushner is as stupid and unaware as his father-in-law. He deserved every word of the review.

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2022 3:23 AM

Only a YUGE narcissist would approve the jacket design for this book.

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2022 8:13 AM

[quote] NYT Reviewer EVISCERATES Jared's Memoir

As if the Times even conceivably would do otherwise.

The New York Times announced Thursday that it has hired Buzzfeed News’s Ken Bensinger to “pioneer a new beat” covering right-wing media, omitting he "broke" the original story of the fake Steele Dossier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2022 8:34 AM

Jared & Ivanka got pardons, right? That's why they talked so flippantly to the Jan 6 committee...because they had to?

What were they pardoned for?

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2022 8:35 AM

This review is *ouch*

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2022 9:49 AM

This is a scathing for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2022 9:49 AM

*scathing take down

by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2022 9:51 AM

R65 that is so pathetic that they were impressed by him. As if.

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2022 9:53 AM

The Secret Service loved Jared... according to Jared, and Jared only, r73.

As if.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2022 10:29 AM

Jared is horribly full of himself -- see R65: [quote] Kushner also says the Secret Service assigned him the code name “mechanic” because they thought he was amazing at his job. “They had observed me quietly and methodically fixing problems behind the scenes during the presidential campaign,” he says, per the Washington Examiner.

by Anonymousreply 75August 20, 2022 10:34 AM

[Quote]Kushner looks like a mannequin..

I didn't realize book reviews included physical appearance appraisals. It may be true, but it just makes the reviewer sound petty.

I would never have expected Bono and Geldorf to be mentioned in the same sentence as Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 76August 20, 2022 10:44 AM

Mechanic was short for mechanical doll.

by Anonymousreply 77August 20, 2022 10:44 AM

"Plus, as is always the case in these situations, the reviewer comes off badly too, it makes him sound jealous and and bitter."

Congratulations. You win the prize for most unintentionally hilarious post I've read today.

I mean, can anyone picture a human person who would be jealous of Jared Kushner?

I can picture Kushner being jealous of a fraternity-shared sex doll.

Because even a humanoid shaped nasty old sex toy is better than Jared Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 78August 20, 2022 11:15 AM

Just reading the review makes me think it could be a book written by Patrick Bateman.

by Anonymousreply 79August 20, 2022 11:25 AM

The photo he should have used:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 20, 2022 11:37 AM

They called him ‘mechanic’ because ‘sad, unformed lump of potter’s clay’ was too much of a mouthful.

by Anonymousreply 81August 20, 2022 11:46 AM

So, basically, a 500-page, self-congratulatory political resume.

by Anonymousreply 82August 20, 2022 12:15 PM

The fact he and his wife hitched their wagon completely to maga confirms neither has much going on professionally or upstairs in between their ears. No morals either. These people are filled with contempt for others and will do. Anything. For. A. Dollar. Anything

Maga thinks we should forget about J6, repeated covid response failures, 2 billion dollars received from the Saudis, Mom dying suddenly and buried in the backyard like a family dog, classified documents stolen and removed to a party house down in Florida.

Most people know maga are worthless and belong incarcerated.

Maga, educated in the best schools needed to bribe their way into secondary schools.

I'm from a low class family too. But I received a full academic scholarship to a school of my choice and no one in my own psychotic family served time in a penitentiary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 20, 2022 12:53 PM

Just the fact that Jared would write a memoir and expect decent reviews, not to mention that anyone would pay money for it, shows how totally self-deluded he is.

by Anonymousreply 84August 20, 2022 1:28 PM

[quote] can anyone picture a human person who would be jealous of Jared Kushner?

TBH, sounds like you are quite jealous of him given your rant R78

Kushner is a thin, good-looking guy who is not yet 40, is worth billions, will inherit hundreds of millions and is in what appears to be a relatively happy marriage.

So yes, I can imagine you and the author of the review being jealous of him because he's done nothing to deserve any of it and seems to lack even an iota of self-awareness

by Anonymousreply 85August 20, 2022 1:36 PM

Charles was really imprisoned for doing the same thing to Jim McGreevey as he did to his brother-in-law….but with international implications.

Charles is undoubtedly connected with Mossad. The whole Halocaust Builders community is, since they are responsible for donating mega millions to Israel.

Stay with me:

Charles blackmailed his bro-in-law because Charles set up a fuckload of shell companies in order to dodge campaign contributions laws at that time.

He couldn’t put himself in charge of the shell corporations, so he made various family members the fake owners of the businesses. Then he donated to political campaigns via those fake businesses. This bought him power. But Charles’ scheme fell through (I’ll tell you why) and the family members whose names Charles used in his plot agreed to testify against Charles in court. That’s when Charles put the honey trap setup (classic spy craft) in place. He’d always hated his brother-in-law and was thrilled to ruin his own sister’s marriage by mailing her the videotape of the sexual encounter ion the day of a massive family party.

Charles put the same espionage honey trap situation in place for Jim McGreevey. Charles (or Mossad) picked an Israeli named Golan Cipel to carry out his plan. Charles wanted to be the head of NY NJ Port Authority. It was a position where he would get inside information about massive building protects NYNJPA was undertaking. Charles would use his phony campaign donation shell corporations to bid on the projects, reaping billions. He would be the biggest macher of the Holocaust builders, the undisputed leader.

Charles would also make sure a certain foreign country would have an agent nestled into Homeland Security in the state of NJ which has….. along with NY …..the massive Port Authority which directs all ports of entry in the two wealthy East Coast states

by Anonymousreply 86August 20, 2022 1:44 PM

Who’s Charles?

by Anonymousreply 87August 20, 2022 1:48 PM

Kushne's father

R86 is a Jew-hating Q-loon who is constantly posting how Kushner's father was a Mossad agent in league, no doubt with the British Royal Family and the Pope in a nefarious plot to turn us all into the same type of baby-eating space alien as Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 88August 20, 2022 1:59 PM

Hi, Jared at R85!

by Anonymousreply 89August 20, 2022 2:05 PM

……so Charles goes to up and coming politician Jim McGreevey. “I’m gonna bankroll you,” Charles told McGreevey. “You can bec9ne governor of this state and maybe go even further…senator after your governorship ends. I like you! I like what I see!”

What he liked was that McGreevey was a very ambitious politician and a closeted gay man. He was ripe for blackmail.

Charles took mcGreevey and some other politicians on a “fact finding tour” of Israel. What McGreevey found, in fact was a handsome young former Israeli military officer masquerading as “the spokesperson for the municipality of Rishon LeZion.”

After his 5 year stint in the military Cipel began his career in 1992 as parliamentary aide in the Israeli Parliament, the Knesset, where he was responsible for policy formation, as well as the drafting of legislation.

In 1994 he joined the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs as chief information officer at the Consulate General of Israel in New York, where he was responsible for presenting the Israeli government perspective to the American media and public.

McGreevey should’ve asked “What’s a nice guy like you doing in such a nothing of a job, a “spokesperson for a municipality” after being in the military, the government and a ‘chief information officer’ at the Israeli consulate in NY?”

But all McGreevey saw was a handsome, charming almost-too-good-to-be-true new boyfriend.

Charles’ next move was to “provide Cipel with a job in NY so he can get a visa and stay here.” Charles “sponsored” Cipel, brought him over to America and basically pushed him into McGreevey’s ….life. No doubt many explicit videotapes of McGreevey & Cipel materialized. Charles wanted that NYNJPA fiefdom. It was within arm’s reach. But then, everything went too far.

Politicians in NJ didn’t want Charles installed at NYNJPA. No doubt they had their own choices for the job. But them McGreevey “inexplicably” (translation: was blackmailed) madew Cipel advisor to the governor for Homeland Security. That was the bridge (and tunnel) too far. A politician who’d had a background in intelligence blew the whistle and said, “A foreigner in charge of United States Homeland Security and his handler with authority over all ports of entry in the two busiest states on the mid Atlantic coast? I don’t fucking think so. I’m going to the FBI with this shit.”

Next thing you know Jim McGreevey is before television cameras declaring himself a “proud gay American” standing next to his bewildered, stricken wife.

And that’s why Charles really went to prison. For espionage. But he would never be charged with espionage because it would be too fucking embarrassing for US intelligence to public ally admit that a foreign intelligence agent had …..uh….penetrated so deeply….into US security

Anyhoo, here’s the in-depth story, written far better than I could

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 20, 2022 2:12 PM

R85 - I’ll have some of what you’re smoking.

by Anonymousreply 91August 20, 2022 2:18 PM

As for being a Jew-hater R88, my husband is Jewish from from East New York, Brooklyn — what Annie Hall’s Grammie would call “a real Jew.”

And NY Magazine lays out the whole story. Not to mention the little clues like Bibi Netanyahu staying at the Kushners house while visiting the US.

Jared couldn’t get FBI clearance because his father was an ex con involved in politics (campaign funding), blackmail (his bro-in-law) and a little matter of setting up, bankrolling and then bringing down the governor of NJ through overreach.

Charles was a little too ambitious in the 1990s. It was too soon.

But in the end, Charles’ bribery got his son into Harvard and Jared’s greedy, criminal father-in -law got little Jared into the highest political position in the land.

Jared’s repugnant father-in-law Donald Trump has never gone to prison because he’s been a government informant for years. Trump does the crime but he doesn’t do the time because he’s had US govt agents in Trump Org “making deals” with US and international crime syndicates for decades.

Govt gets Trump to contact foreign countries and “propose deals.” Intelligence agents go to those countries as Trump Org employees to “scout for locations” and “oversee construction” of Trump properties in places like Baku while “making friends” with local politicians and residents with baksheesh. Now the US has informants in countries like Azerbaijan.

Can you not see the benefits of the US govt using someone involved in international real estate and money laundering as a contact?

That’s why Trump is so smugly sure he can get away with everything.

The NYC office of the FBI is especially grateful to Trump. Just ask Rudy Giuliani and James Comey.

Trump’s empty vagina hotel in Baku

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 20, 2022 2:49 PM

Let me know when someone actually eviscerates Jared.

by Anonymousreply 93August 20, 2022 3:04 PM

Don't these "honey trap" stories about ensnaring politicians and diplomats depend on using lures who are irresistible? It happens with straight guys all the time--they're offered avatars of Marilyn Monroe.

But Golan Cipel, who was apparently used to seduce Jim McGreevy, is no prize. He was pleant enough, no doubt, but he was cute in a dull way and had a skinny physique with extremely narrow shoulders. Wouldn't the plotters setting this up have rather used a genuine hunk--the kind you see in movies in roles of this kind? There's no shortage of handsome, dashing male who give off an air of heavy testosterone.

Yet it worked, if the story is true, which is probably because McGreevy was terribly hungry and so pathetically closeted that the first available young guy who looked his way was able to use him.

God, these strange stories. And I expect Kushner's book will bomb horribly, because in fact conservatives hate Kushner as much as Democrats do. He was famous during the Trump presidency for 1) pushing into every political situation unasked and 2) being an idiot. And he is widely believed to be the mole in the White House who betrayed Trump's administration every chance he got.

All he has, in fact, is a good, smooth physique and a cute face, even when pushing forty. He could be a honey trap, except I doubt he'd feel anyo9ne except someone as hopeless and stupid as Jim McGreevy.

by Anonymousreply 94August 20, 2022 3:07 PM

^^^Sorry: I doubt he'd FOOL anyone...

by Anonymousreply 95August 20, 2022 3:09 PM

Kushner owns 666 5th Ave. Why the religious crazies didn’t focus on that, I’ll never know.

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2022 3:26 PM

Cipel is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2022 3:37 PM

Middle Eastern and Israeli men, Mediterranean types are my favorite. But Cipel is a pig who denied being gay.Even his name is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2022 3:38 PM

I never bought Bono as some kind of liberal savior. I'm not one bit surprised that Billy Joel and Geldof would socialize with Murdoch and the Kushners.

Long ago, it dawned on me that how a famous person is publicized, and their marketed image, can have very little to do with who they hang with, and what they really think, and do, once the cameras are gone and publicity tours are done.

We're the ones that jump to conclusions about them, and those conclusions can be wrong as all get out.

And, although, I'm a partisan, liberal Democrat, I can be fair about this. After Obama left office, he and Michelle were photographed on billionaire Richard Branson's yacht. I don't know what Branson's politics are and don't care.

But I did note how a lot of Obama fans were disappointed at seeing those pix.

Not me, nor was I surprised, nor did I begrudge the Obamas a holiday on a billionaire's yacht, because I do know the following.

People with money, fame and power have a behavior in common with active alcoholics and drugs users.

That is, active alcoholics and drugs users, if they're not the isolating kind, want to be around alcohol, drugs and people who are, like them, ingesting alcohol and drugs.

People with money , power and fame, want to be around other people with money, power and fame. They see their reflection of their own status in the company they keep.

What your politics are in that milieu doesn't mean shit. The only sin there is poverty.

So, no, it doesn't shock me one bit that Murdoch, Kushners, Billy Joel and Bono were hangin'.

But I do get a kick out of thinking that perhaps Bono and Joel are annoyed at Kushner for squealing on them.

Tee-Hee.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2022 3:41 PM

Michelle O expressed disappointment that the blacks did not vote in the same numbers in the 2016 election as previous elections. That was a surprisingly offensive comment. Most people don't vote, why target the blacks with criticism?

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2022 3:45 PM

Not falling for it, Troller Dmitri at r100.

by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2022 3:48 PM

What insights you possess, r101. Impressive deduction.

Please remain signed in, I will make sure to refrain reading your comments going forward.

by Anonymousreply 102August 20, 2022 3:51 PM

[quote] I will make sure to refrain reading your comments going forward.

...and I'll make sure to live.

by Anonymousreply 103August 20, 2022 3:58 PM

Every word he writes is a lie, even "and" and "the".

by Anonymousreply 104August 20, 2022 4:02 PM

Sorry for the detour folks. It was getting good with the Cipel stuff.

by Anonymousreply 105August 20, 2022 4:48 PM

Jared Kushner received $2,000,000,000 from the Saudi royal family.

What did the Saudi royal family receive in return?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 20, 2022 5:12 PM

[quote] Most people don't vote, why target the blacks with criticism?

Because she is a highly respected black woman and she was speaking to the black community?

by Anonymousreply 107August 20, 2022 5:13 PM

[quote]So yes, I can imagine you and the author of the review being jealous of him because he's done nothing to deserve any of it and seems to lack even an iota of self-awareness

You are a mentally-deranged idiot if you think Jared Kushner has done nothing to deserve any vitriol. I'm certainly not jealous of someone liek you who lacks even a modicum of decency.

by Anonymousreply 108August 20, 2022 7:46 PM

like*

by Anonymousreply 109August 20, 2022 7:46 PM

The fact that R85 gave himself likes, is all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 110August 20, 2022 7:49 PM

[quote][R86] is a Jew-hating

So because he's Jewish, we're not allowed to hate him or his equally-shit father? Fuck you. Go fuck yourself, Dov Hikind.

by Anonymousreply 111August 20, 2022 7:51 PM

LOL

"It" refers to the billions he has and the wife and the life that he was able to buy with those billions.

He done nothing to deserve any of that other than be part of the Lucky Sperm Club.

Not that Kushner doesn't deserve vitriol.

Put down the Hissometer!

by Anonymousreply 112August 20, 2022 7:51 PM

LOL, my apologies, R112. I read it quickly and was shocked anyone would defend that shit.

by Anonymousreply 113August 20, 2022 7:53 PM

One must wait to see if Publisher's Weekly gives this trash a starred review.

by Anonymousreply 114August 20, 2022 8:09 PM

[quote]“The whole peninsula of Florida was weighted down with regret,” as Cynthia Ozick put it. “Everyone had left behind a real life.”

We have absolutely no regrets, and our real lives only BEGAN when we got to Florida!

by Anonymousreply 115August 20, 2022 8:20 PM

Jared always looks like he had one too many chemical face peels.

by Anonymousreply 116August 20, 2022 8:25 PM

Inflation Was the Purpose of Trump’s Tax Cuts for the Wealthy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 20, 2022 8:41 PM

Here's a thread on his insanely gorgeous brother, if you like Kushner drama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 20, 2022 9:16 PM

R116 He's overshared in a print interview how he's addicted to exfoliating... wish I could recall where I've read this. It was weird, he said he never did it before, and once he began...it's an off-topic, and grotty to digress the way he went on about it.

Somewhere else, Ivanka says he's obsessed with exfoliating, so perhaps he has had the strong chemical peels. He does indeed resemble an old leftover K-Mart mannequin. Accusations of people being Anti-Semites for pointing out how creepy he looks are quite silly. Jew here, and I'm sorry, just because someone is a fellow Jew does not make them off-limits, nor does it make them attractive.

I agree that Josh is very attractive however. Luck of the draw!

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote] But Golan Cipel, who was apparently used to seduce Jim McGreevy, is no prize.

Did you never see Jim McGreevey? Talk about no prize. Compared to what he saw looking back at him from his mirror Cipel must’ve looked like a god.

And McGreevey probably had a type. It would not have been difficult for anyone looking into McGreevey’s life to find out what his type was. Datalounge knew McGreevey was gay, which clubs he frequented and where he received parking tickets in NYC. Word gets around.

I remember when McGreevey broke his leg. I wasn’t really aware of who he was, but Datalounge sure was. Someone came here and started a thread saying OMG McGreevey was with his boyfriend on the beach when he broke his leg. McGreevey and the bf were alone on the beach when it happened. Where was McGreevey’s security? How could the governor have “gone for a walk” on a public beach without his security at night in NJ? That just doesn’t happen.

Word from cops was that the bf had to run for like 15 minutes to get his security and security then called McGreevey’s wife. They waited for her to get there before taking him to a hospital.

And I was like….who? What? How did word get out? Then I read on and it seems police in NY and NJ knew all about McGreevey due to his lack of discretion. McGreevey’s gayness was not a well kept secret in political circles either.

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2022 2:36 AM

Idk about all the qanon Mossad theories. But it's all on record that Charles Kushner was the party boss for all of New Jersey. At his peak, he literally demanded every politician on the East Coast and the entire Israeli government fly in to just attend Josh's bris. He was about to make his move to run the entire tristate area through the Port Authority chairmanship. He was also getting McGreevey ready to run for president. Chris Christie realized he could never be governor unless he took down Charles so that's why the whole war between them happened.

by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2022 3:13 AM

It's no coincidence that Ghislaine's daddy was Mossad, too.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2022 3:29 AM

[quote]You all are missing the most shocking part of the book: Bob Geldof, Bono and Billy Joel were entertaining Rupert Murdoch whose level of pure evil is 10X that of Trump and Kushner combined.

NEVER forget that Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman are godparents to Rupert Murdoch's two children with Wendi Deng. The day I read this was the day these two fuckers became dead to me. You couldn't pay me to watch anything starring these two cunts

And Hugh has celebrated his birthday with jared and Ivanka

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 21, 2022 9:20 AM

kidman and jackman are both pieces of shit

Nicole's daughters are best friends with rupert murdoch's daughters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 21, 2022 9:51 AM

There’s more on the McGreevey-Cipel-Kushner story from a former NJ state senator. I was typing it out when Datalounge decided to reload for no reason at all. I’ll have to write about it later because I need to have breakfast and get moving. It’s about McGreevey refusing to subsidize the Nets basketball team (which Charles wanted to buy & keep in NJ rather than letting Bruce Ratner buy them & move them to NY). Then Cipel threatened a $50M sexual harassment lawsuit, while he was inexplicably living in a high rent apartment in Hell’s Kitchen — though he was unemployed after having to leave 2 good paying jobs McGreevey got for Cipel after he was forced to resign as Governor’s advisor for Homeland security.

Charles had one more trick up his sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 125August 21, 2022 2:35 PM

I recall the controversy but didn't know the details.

Local news reporters sniggered as they read the McGreevey story.

McGreevey did not resign because he is a "gay American". McGreevey resigned because he gave his ugly boyfriend, an illegal, a job the boyfriend was unqualified for that required a security clearance.

This was just a few years out from nine eleven, people were on edge and understandingly concerned.

The sniggering news readers can't connect dots.

If McGreevey used his influence to get the boyfriend a shop bottom job, there would be no controversy.

by Anonymousreply 126August 21, 2022 2:49 PM

Get back in touch when they actually eviscerate JARED. And his whore wife.

by Anonymousreply 127August 21, 2022 3:22 PM

It's still a plug in the NY Times. Only ignoring and shunning works.

by Anonymousreply 128August 21, 2022 3:29 PM

r127 see r93.

by Anonymousreply 129August 21, 2022 3:56 PM

This guy received seven figures for this project. Why?

by Anonymousreply 130August 21, 2022 4:00 PM

Kushner: 'here's a book about how I was the boy wonder of foreign & domestic policy in the WH. Nothing happened without my direct knowledge and input...'

Fox News: 'so what about the classified docs?'

Also, Kushner: 'um, so I'm not aware of what the contents were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 23, 2022 6:58 PM

What exactly did the Saudi's receive for that two billion dollars loan.

by Anonymousreply 132August 23, 2022 7:51 PM

Vanity Fair commentator sticks another fork in Slenderman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 24, 2022 12:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!