Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Liz Cheney LOST Primary

Wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 20, 2022 12:30 AM

Don't fuck with Dick Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2022 2:28 AM

Wow? Everyone on earth knew she was going to lose.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 2:29 AM

Another victory for Drump

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 2:32 AM

If you watched the WY GOP Primary debate (probably still on YouTube) you’ll see there aren’t many bright bulbs competing.

They’re answers were hilariously stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 2:33 AM

^their

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 2:33 AM

I hope that demon does do something to those fucktards that still follow and listen to that traitorous orange asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 2:34 AM

Even if she gets Dems and Independents for an independent run, it likely won’t be enough.

She’s got so much name recognition (and apparently campaign money). Let’s see what her next step is

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 2:35 AM

They better finish up the Jan 6 hearings before she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 2:35 AM

R7 You have to give back the campaign money if you lose the primary

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2022 2:37 AM

Let them cannibalize their party. The Republicans deserve ruin.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2022 2:43 AM

Jul 29, 2022 — Republican Trump critic Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming has raised $1.2 million for her reelection campaign from Californians. Democratic donors like Jeffrey Katzenberg are backing the Wyoming Republican.

They could have supported 𝑠𝑜 many illegal Mexicans with that $1.2 mil.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2022 2:51 AM

R9 does Trump know that??

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2022 2:56 AM

Trumpers celebrating her loss. Denigrating her, her father and Halliburton when just a few short years ago they cheered and adored. How is they can change their philosophies on a dime?

[quote]Tim Taylor: Her dad was an absolute war hawk but leftist are making him out as a saint now because he opposes Trump.

[quote]April Merenda: She never even lived in the state! She profited with her father off Haliburton yet calls out Trump for what her family is actually guilty of. Happy for Wyoming. Congratulations on voting her out!

[quote]Benjamin Connolly: Cheney is a carpet bagger liberal who has never lived a day in Wyoming. She's an establishment liberal, and the fine people of this State finally woke up and kicked her ass out. She's a career politician, a scum bag just like her dad was. I find it hilarious that the same liberal morons who called her dad a corrupt warmonger suddenly called him a hero when he came out against Trump. You people are all excuses.

[quote]James Hagenow: This is a good signal to the Dems for what America thinks of them putting her in charge of the Jan 6 committee.

[quote]Janet Schiavo: Hope she gets what she deserves!!

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2022 3:03 AM

R13, maga feels empowered now

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 3:09 AM

[quote]Janet Schiavo: Hope she gets what she deserves!!

Sinister!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 3:12 AM

Wow! Wyoming seems like such a nice place (scenic). Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 3:15 AM

It means little for Dems. Wyoming has been deep red since it entered the Union, overwhelmingly so. This is more about the power of the MAGA cult.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2022 3:17 AM

So now what?

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2022 3:18 AM

It's crazy that a empty state of only ~550k people has two fuckin Senators. Wyoming is weird

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2022 3:21 AM

There is still much more about Trump's crimes that will come to light before Nov. She will run as an independent and win against the Trumpy nutjob who just beat her in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 3:26 AM

^ that’s why we have such an imbalanced fucked up country

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 3:27 AM

Liz for Prez!

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 3:29 AM

But what about her hideous past???

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 3:37 AM

Her past, R23? People need to remember her present and future before they deify her.

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend!!!

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2022 3:39 AM

She lost by 30 points? That's mammoth.

Why was she even running?

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2022 3:42 AM

[quote] Why was she even running?

Spite

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2022 3:47 AM

[quote]James Hagenow: This is a good signal to the Dems for what America thinks of them putting her in charge of the Jan 6 committee.

How braindead can a person be and still type on an electronic device? With 77% reporting, there aren't even 135k total votes. I'm not sure what a few psychotic MAGAts did in WY is indicative of what "America" thinks of ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2022 3:49 AM

Good. Her opponent sucks too but I'm sick of the Cheney redemption tour. Her family is disgusting. As an aside, Liz looks just like that freak Epsteins head hooker. I can't remember her name.

by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2022 4:26 AM

I hate that she lost only because it will give TFG something to crow about.

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2022 4:31 AM

Not shocked at all. C’est la vie these days

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2022 4:32 AM

Ghislaine Maxwell

Claim

Convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell was photographed attending Chelsea Clinton’s 2010 wedding.

True

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2022 4:32 AM

Dick Cheney, now a beloved Datalounge hero. Who would've thought?

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2022 4:37 AM

What the fuck, brehs - I love Dick Cheney now!

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2022 4:39 AM

[quote] Dick Cheney, now a beloved Datalounge hero. Who would've thought?

I would have. It's always the 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 republican who is the super villain. Never mind what the other guys were being called 20 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2022 4:43 AM

Is Dick Cheney beloved here, or is he just believed and currently (shockingly) preferable over your orange psychopathic cult leader? For all the “cuck” and “simp” insults you jokers throw around, you guys oddly seem to have your tongues pretty far up Trump’s flabby ass.

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2022 4:48 AM

We just love Dick. We can skip the Cheney part.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2022 4:52 AM

R13 Just a touch of irony in your post. It disgusted me to see Democrats make a heroine out of this cow, who I highly doubt did what she did for any principled reason but rather to protect certain powerful interests. Now she's a big loser. Look how malevolent she and her father look in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2022 5:00 AM

Younger DLers probably have no idea how utterly, insanely reviled Bush and Cheney were. Every bit as much as Trump but without Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2022 5:03 AM

R35 or maybe some of us don't have the memory of fruit flies. We can revile a sociopathic war criminal responsible for so much misery and still hate trump too. Not buying the sickeningly shallow Hero Liz propaganda of the mainstream media doesn't absolve trump and his cronies of anything. So fucking weird how the media will slobber over Republicans for doing one good thing in 20 years but will constantly snarl at and attack democrats who try to do the right thing consistently.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2022 5:38 AM

Dick Cheney is a DL hero, because he shot a guy in the face and the guy publicicly apologized for getting shot. Rumor was that it was Cheney's mistress who accidently pulled the trigger though.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2022 5:53 AM

The race was called by NBC as incumbent Cheney garnered just 30% of the vote compared with Hageman’s 65% with about 10% of precincts reporting..

In a concession speech after losing by a roughly 30-point margin, the third-term congresswoman compared herself to Abraham Lincoln

Cheney raked in campaign donations from Democrats around the country and was expected to receive a modest boost from Wyoming Democrats crossing parties to vote for her in the Republican primary.

The 45th president repeatedly denounced Cheney as a “warmonger” during the campaign and urged voters to embrace his “America First” mantra instead of her more interventionist views on foreign policy — while Cheney returned fire, trashing Trump as a would-be dictator.

In his pre-riot speech, Trump told his supporters, “We’ve got to get rid of the weak congresspeople, the ones that aren’t any good, the Liz Cheneys of the world. We got to get rid of them. We got to get rid — you know, she never wants a soldier brought home.”

The Wyoming rep’s reputation as an anti-Trump crusader even created speculation that she might be tapped as Biden’s running mate for the 2024 election — in what would be a rare fusion ticket.

Vice President Kamala Harris in January slammed “gossip” that Biden might replace her with someone else, such as Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2022 5:54 AM

She’ll get a job on MSNBC or some NGO or something. Don’t cry for her.

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2022 5:55 AM

[quote] Cheney raked in campaign donations from Democrats around the country

How humiliating.

1. They spent their money on electing a freaking Cheney. Is this what it means to be liberal now? Lol.

2. She was never going to win. They were better off lighting their money on fire.

Democrats, are you OK? I’m worried about you…

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2022 5:57 AM

They still don't realize the chose a Tranny...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2022 5:59 AM

She's only just begun. Don't count her out. She will hit the national stage.

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2022 5:59 AM

Damn I thought her father was ancient when he was working with Bush but he looks the same.

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2022 6:05 AM

It's possible that many Republican politicians are salivating in anticipation of the Trump spoils when he's gone (one way or another). Perhaps they yearn for the kind of power over people that Trump has had.

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2022 6:15 AM

"Damn I thought her father was ancient when he was working with Bush but he looks the same."

Deals with the devil generally work out very well for you until you die.

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2022 6:17 AM

Her father, a vicious sociopath who allowed the murder of thousands, is worse than Trump ever was. Liz compared herself to Lincoln in tonight's concession speech. Her monster father and her harridan mother were present. I didn't hear Mary mentioned, I wonder if she was there. I just hate this family so much. Cheney is pure evil. I'm disgusted that so many Democrats now respect him because his obnoxious harpy of a daughter did one good thing in her entire life. Fuck the Cheney's(except Mary).

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2022 6:24 AM

From R34 article:

On Sept. 24, 2016, when first lady Michelle Obama and former President George W. Bush were captured on camera sharing a warm hug at the opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture over the weekend there was a collective national "aww."

Who knew back then that a couple weeks later the mood in the country's mood would turn into a collective "eww."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2022 6:27 AM

Everyone for the past few months: Liz Cheney is going to lose her primary.

Everyone today: Oh my God!!!! Liz Cheney lost her primary!!!!

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2022 7:13 AM

Newscasters are like HSN hostesses.

They just have to keep talking, it doesn’t really matter what they say. They’re there to make the viewer feel social.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2022 7:45 AM

[quote] How humiliating.

R43 That's pretty rich coming from a cunt who has been banned like 10 times but keeps crawling back!

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2022 7:49 AM

She’d have an ok face if she lost the poundage.

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2022 8:01 AM

The poundage is all that's keeping that face from wrinkling like a Shar Pei

by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2022 8:25 AM

[quote]She’d have an ok face if she lost the poundage.

I’ve been telling her that since she was a toddler, but does she listen to her mother? Ha.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2022 8:25 AM

[Quote]Is this what it means to be liberal now?

Well, we've learnt from our mistakes.

I wonder how many F&F you are away from being trolldared, R43 🤭

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2022 8:44 AM

Democrats and mainstream media mourn.

Some of the tributes came in advance of the final call. Lincoln Project’s George Conway, husband to Kellyanne Conway and prominent anti-Trump commentator, tweeted in before the end that regardless of the outcome, Rep. Cheney “won the general election for dignity.”

The View‘s Alyssa Farah Griffin was one of many to say that this “is the beginning, not the end” for Cheney. View colleague and CNN contributor Ana Navarro was a bit more past tense in her tweet, saying Cheney will be “remembered and admired as a profile in courage.”

Democrats and mainstream media pundits and commentators paid loving tributes to Cheney, praising her fight against Trump, her leadership on the January 6 committee, and touting her as courageous and bound for bigger things.

Lincoln Project’s George Conway anti-Trump commentator, tweeted in before the end that regardless of the outcome, Rep. Cheney “won the general election for dignity.”

There were many, many, many more such tributes from the media, pundits of various stripes, and prominent Democrats with the general sentiment, as stated by Nate Bell below, that Cheney has not been defeated but rather “unleashed.”

Other notable remarks included January 6 Committee member Rep. Denver Riggleman saying “the fight continues,” Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel tweeting that Cheney “is now and forever more will be known as an American hero, and CNN’s S.E. Cupp saying history will remember the congresswoman’s “enduring commitment to public service, the Constitution, and the rule of law.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 17, 2022 8:48 AM

Liz is a cunt. Going after Trump doesn't change that. Same goes for Adam Kinzinger. Both were happy to go along with Trump and his Nazi shit for years and when they saw they couldn't rise on top in their own party they started to get snippy and now are on Trump's and the Deplorables' shit-list.

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2022 8:54 AM

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2022 9:22 AM

R59 Exactly and Democrats give her this “hero” tag. She’s nothing of the kind.

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2022 9:22 AM

If Darth Vader had a daughter...

by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2022 11:36 AM

As appreciation for all her work to get Trump Pres. Biden should appoint her (and Adam Kinzinger) into highly placed roles in his administration (if they're interested). Preferably roles where they could stick it to as many republicans as possible. I think it would show a great level of bi-partisanship and help Biden's poll numbers.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2022 11:51 AM

[quote] Her father, a vicious sociopath who allowed the murder of thousands, is worse than Trump ever was.

Give me a fucking break, you nitwit. I can only the carnage if the average Datalounger ever became POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2022 11:59 AM

R61 Well, she lost her seat, and let's face it, her political career because she refused to drink the Trump Flavor-aid. I'd call that a hero. You're just not used to people with dignity.

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2022 12:00 PM

[quote]The enemy of your enemy is not your friend!!!

True. But she can be your ally ... temporarily.

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2022 12:05 PM

A truly terrifying proposition, r64!

“THE FIRE RISES…”

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2022 12:18 PM

I'm still picking buckshot out of my face.

by Anonymousreply 68August 17, 2022 12:18 PM

There are no words..See below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2022 12:54 PM

Trump said that now she can just disappear but he is in for a big surprise because bigger and better things are in store for her.

by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2022 1:06 PM

Apparently the voters don't think so..I refer you once again to what they said to her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 17, 2022 1:12 PM

R42 Exactly. Liz gets paid, regardless.

"Good night and thank you, Liz Cheney. You've completed your task, what more can we ask of you now?....Please sign the book on your way out the door. That will be all, if we need you, we'll call. But I don't think that's likely somehow." 🎶

by Anonymousreply 72August 17, 2022 1:35 PM

[quote] She’ll get a job on MSNBC or some NGO or something. Don’t cry for her.

She's very rich, and now she's angry. Not a good combination.

by Anonymousreply 73August 17, 2022 2:54 PM

This goes to show you how different democrats and republicans are in that democrats always seek to do the right thing even if it means eating our own while republicans always stick together because the minute one of them decides to stray even if it’s the right thing to do they are cast out and shunned. Republicans rule by fear.

At least Liz will be remembered for having stood up to the orange loving goons.

by Anonymousreply 74August 17, 2022 2:59 PM

Breitbart must have posted 30 threads celebrating her loss.

They must be feeling super confident but, personally, I wouldn't put anything past her very well connected father and the power he wields.

by Anonymousreply 75August 17, 2022 3:48 PM

R53 I’m not a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 76August 17, 2022 3:54 PM

[quote]Benjamin Connolly: Cheney is a carpet bagger liberal who has never lived a day in Wyoming. She's an establishment liberal, and the fine people of this State finally woke up and kicked her ass out. She's a career politician, a scum bag just like her dad was. I find it hilarious that the same liberal morons who called her dad a corrupt warmonger suddenly called him a hero when he came out against Trump. You people are all excuses.

What a brain-damaged idiot. What kind of fucking idiot must you be to think simply knowing that Trump is an absolute shit, means you're a "liberal"? No, she's not a liberal at all. In fact, it was pointed out that percentage-wise, she voted with Trump even more than Mark Meadows when he was in Congress!

You really do have to be a genuinely stupid person to be a Trump supporter. They actually think policy has nothing to do with ideology and it only comes down to whether or not you worship one of the stupidest, scummiest people on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 77August 17, 2022 3:58 PM

I would have been surprised if she won. This was expected.

by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2022 4:01 PM

But as expected, she is starting her presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote] This goes to show you how different democrats and republicans are in that democrats always seek to do the right thing even if it means eating our own while republicans always stick together because the minute one of them decides to stray even if it’s the right thing to do they are cast out and shunned.

Besides being patently false, your statement even contradicts itself. Casting out someone is obviously not sticking together. Liz Cheney, Murkowski, Romney, Kinzinger, etc., are all huge examples of Republicans not sticking together. You’re just stringing words together without any concern for accuracy.

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2022 4:07 PM

[quote]But as expected, she is starting her presidential run.

Yes, a lot of people expect her to run as a independent. But will that really hurt Trump?

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2022 4:13 PM

R81, based on how much campaign money she got, absolutely. There are tons of Republicans who hate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2022 4:16 PM

I hope she runs as an independent. Two out of three outcomes are acceptable —either she wins or she fragments enough of the Republicans so a Dem is voted in. I guess the first scenario is more likely.

by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2022 4:19 PM

r74 thinks putting male rapists in female prisons and sterilizing gay children is "the right thing".

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2022 4:47 PM

If a repub is going to win in 2024, I would want it to be her....even though I'll vote Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2022 5:00 PM

R82 Hitlery had a lot of money too. Unfortunately it all went to consultants and, probably, to shady business deals, and none of it went to booking a flight to Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2022 5:04 PM

For an incumbent to lose by 37 points is incredible. Even incumbents with sex scandals don't typically lose by that much. And to a first -time non-politician?

She can run for president if she wants. It would be fun to watch, but I wouldn't bet any money on her actually winning.

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2022 6:02 PM

She’s an extremist with apparent mental issues, and unlike Trump, her base is in the other (Democratic) party and they won’t take her either. She will never win another election.

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2022 6:07 PM

Liz Cheney is on to bigger and better things, she will be vindicated when Trump and his thugs are proven to be the slimeball crime syndicate everyone already knows them to be, at least she had the balls to speak the truth and uphold the Constitution, no matter the political consequences, I admire her for that...

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2022 6:15 PM

Sometimes, you have even more power being out of office. She may be one of those people.

by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2022 6:16 PM

The woman who won will just be another noisemaker clown with those others. She'll have no real power.

by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2022 6:17 PM

As awful as Republicans are, at least if she were in the Oval Office, you could be assured that she wouldn’t try to wipe her ass with the Constitution…unlike literally every other Republican in Washington today.

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2022 6:25 PM

[quote]Benjamin Connolly: Cheney is a carpet bagger liberal who has never lived a day in Wyoming. She's an establishment liberal

It’s hilarious they think Liz Cheney is an “establishment liberal”.

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2022 6:26 PM

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she’s always seen wearing blue now.

by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2022 6:27 PM

People here now love Dick Cheney? I guess Rump Derangement Syndrome is real.

by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2022 6:30 PM

R95, are you seriously still using that stupid line? You think people who aren't MAGAts are that simplistic in how they think?

Grow up, hon. Come up with something new to say, because this one is among the stupidest I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2022 6:34 PM

It's really not, R16. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2022 6:39 PM

[quote]Liz Cheney is on to bigger and better things

Has she started an OnlyFans account yet?

by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2022 6:42 PM

How far to the right does someone have to be to think Cheney is a liberal? That's fucking scary.

by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2022 6:53 PM

The deplorables are having a field day with this on twitter

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2022 7:03 PM

It is clear the republican party is a lost cause. We really need the few "sane" republicans to work with the Democrats for a while. The good of protecting our Constitution should take precedence over any philosophical differences.

by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2022 7:19 PM

I’m not sure why Liz Cheney would even want to remain a Republican. The entirety of the Party today, from the leadership to the base, isn’t aligned with anything she believes in. She’d be better off trying to establish a legitimate third party.

by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2022 7:25 PM

She is the devils offspring

by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2022 7:31 PM

Liz Cheney is absolutely a hardcore conservative r102. Just because she refused to play along with Trump's bullshit about the election that doesn't change her political viewpoints.

by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2022 7:34 PM

She has nothing to lose and has a mission/purpose. She is going to make Trump's life hell...if she runs for President to terrorize him, even better (granted, I want a DEM to win but not a fan of Newsom).

The bad thing though is there a some sick fucks that are stupid enough to hurt her....what has our great nation become???

by Anonymousreply 105August 17, 2022 7:41 PM

[quote] based on how much campaign money she got, absolutely. There are tons of Republicans who hate Trump.

There are tons of out of state democrats and neocons who took an opportunity to unsuccessfully screw with a republican primary.

Cheney raised over $15 million in her reelection bid, with nearly $1 million coming from Texas and another $1.4 million from California, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission. That makes the two states her highest contributors, raising only $386,000 from donors in Wyoming.

Much of the out-of-state financial assistance came from high-profile Republican donors, such as former President George W. Bush, who donated $2,900, and his onetime deputy chief of staff Karl Rove, who gave $2,800, according to the FEC filings.

Glancing at her list of contributors I thought this was a funny one.DAY & ZIMMERMANN INC FEDERAL PAC (AKA 'DAYPAC - FEDERAL')

The Day & Zimmermann is a privately held company in the fields of construction, engineering, staffing and 𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆, operating out of 150 locations worldwide. Its corporate office is at 1500 Spring Garden Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Day & Zimmerman.

Good friends for a neocon.

by Anonymousreply 106August 17, 2022 8:50 PM

Justin Amash, POC, running as a Libertarian in 50 states and DC will do more harm to Trump than she will. He will siphon off fiscal Republicans and independents.

by Anonymousreply 107August 18, 2022 12:44 AM

She’s the side of Hitler who painted and had a beloved dog. It’s hilarious people are ignoring who this cunt truly is.

by Anonymousreply 108August 18, 2022 8:45 AM

I'm absolutely agog at all the people on this thread who appear to feel sorry for the Cheney family. Boohoo, the MAGA people are disrespecting Dick Cheney? Good!

Who are you people?

by Anonymousreply 109August 18, 2022 9:42 AM

As the Republican Party is presently constituted she will have little effect if she runs in the primaries. They don't want her. She can keep the spotlight on the Donald's crimes but he's likely to be out of the running by 2023 even.

He's going down and not in the good way.

The one to benefit from the Donald's destruction will be DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2022 9:47 AM

Oh, we have allowed our blind faith in the January 6th hearings to cloud our judgement. The Cheneys are dispicable cunts and America is better off without any of them holding public office, even if it's only a reprieve.

Has it never occurred to anyone that Liz may be fucking the hearings up?

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2022 9:51 AM

The Constitution - absorbent and keeps you clean with no lint!

by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2022 10:05 AM

Liz Cheney didn't just lose her primary election bid by huge percentage points, there was also a huge voter turnout in numbers. Two together shows Wyoming voters wanted to send a message, and it was received.

Ms. Cheney could try to run as an independent or whatever, but don't fancy her chances in current Wyoming political climate.

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2022 10:56 AM

R74 ABSOLUTELY. Watching Fox news is similar to watching a bunch of mean girls talk about others students in the lunch room. Also, they got Manchin and Gym Jordan swearing revenge upon ANYONE participating in any Trump investigations once they win the midterms.

It's ALL so unsettling. It's like a high school football team is running the country.

Y'know...I used to roll my eyes whenever someone would suggest that Republicans are "Evil" because that's such an indoctrinated word and let's be honest, kind of a simple way of looking at things, BUT they're certainly intent on making EVERYONE miserable if they don't fall in line.

I mean...what do you call that if NOT "evil"? Fascism? Maybe it is black and white.

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2022 11:37 AM

R111 Exactly, she is fucking things up. She has obviously fired up Trump's base, and reminds people of the Bush-Cheney gang, neither side wants them back in power. She scored a few points but now she's a liability.

by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2022 1:12 PM

[quote]She’s the side of Hitler who painted and had a beloved dog. It’s hilarious people are ignoring who this cunt truly is.

I could not loathe this woman anymore than I do and none of us would vote for her, but we are talking about the very survival of this country. You make alliances with people you loathe when there is a far, greater threat. Trump, DeSantis and their parasites are a far greater threat.

by Anonymousreply 116August 18, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote] we are talking about the very survival of this country.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 117August 18, 2022 3:17 PM

Do some of you not understand that there is a segment of Reps/IND who are like Cheney and loathe Trump? She may have lost IN WY (a whopping 113K people are apparently a reflection of the entire country when it isn't even a friggin neighborhood in NYC), but she made millions in campaign $ because so many people outside of that minuscule state DO believe she's on the right side of history.

WY is meaningless. It is in fact an outlier even among the stupidest and ignorant states. Her mission is now to fuck with Trump and the idiots adopting his insidious policies *knowing* it's wrong. Be glad about that.

by Anonymousreply 118August 18, 2022 3:19 PM

If she runs as a third party candidate she will siphon off more votes from the Republicans than Democrats. Go Liz go!!!

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote] She scored a few points

Where? All she has done is parrot six years of MSNBC primetime

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2022 4:07 PM

𝐶ℎ𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑦'𝑠 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 60 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠, when you look at races featuring only one incumbent.

As of Wednesday afternoon, she trailed Hageman by 37.4 points, which is just worse than California Rep. Marty Martinez's loss by 37.2 points to fellow Democrat Hilda Solis in a 2000 blanket primary.

Assuming the Wyoming result margin stands, South Carolina Republican Bob Inglis would then be the only House incumbent in the last 60 years to lose by a wider margin than Cheney. He lost by 41 points in a 2010 primary runoff to Trey Gowdy.

by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2022 4:13 PM

I hate her father, he is a soulless man who engineered a war for profit and is responsible for many innocent lives lost.

Liz is not our friend, she votes along her party lines and her only redeeming quality is that she took on the orange turd and refused to back down, the others repubs looked the other way while trump subverted our country for his personal gain and incited a riot at our capital in an attempt to steal the presidency from Biden.

It takes integrity to stand up for what you know is the right thing to do while knowing that acting on it can come at a high personal cost.

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2022 7:10 PM

R79 Yup, she’s playing the same game as Pete. She’s gonna run because she wants a cabinet position. It’s really not rocket science. But I’m not so sure she won’t run simultaneously as an independent for her Wyoming seat. She’s covering her bases.

by Anonymousreply 123August 19, 2022 2:36 AM

A cabinet position in what conceivable administration? What does that mean r123? She's a political loner, really. She should embrace that. Be a one-woman Fuck Trump party. She won't win anything but she can have a lot of fun along the way. Hell, join the Forward Party and take that boring shit over. Get on a debate stage and fuck shit up. It's the only actual option.

by Anonymousreply 124August 19, 2022 2:41 AM

She can't fart unless Daddy says when, where & how loud. She lost, big time. Daddy spank. Who knows what he will make her do next.

by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2022 2:47 AM

I don't know r125. I'm not sure this whole war with Trump is because of Daddy. He supports her, apparently, but I'm not sure it didn't start with her.

by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2022 2:52 AM

So, you're saying together Dad & daughter have half a brain?

Still can't get over how stunned & shell shocked she looked after the defeat. Daddy must have pumped her so full of gas. This bitch is totally a legend in her own mind.

by Anonymousreply 127August 19, 2022 2:58 AM

Honestly, I don't think she really thought she would win. Maybe she didn't picture this blowout. Maybe she still clung to the hope that the Republican Party wasn't a complete clusterfuck of stupid and crazy, and in that case, yes, she should have known better.

by Anonymousreply 128August 19, 2022 3:01 AM

Losing maybe, but trounced. Her face looked totally shocked. She never thought it would be that bad.

by Anonymousreply 129August 19, 2022 3:03 AM

She is one pissed off bitch!

by Anonymousreply 130August 19, 2022 3:07 AM

Good, r130. Use your hatred, Liz. Destroy your foes!

by Anonymousreply 131August 19, 2022 3:08 AM

R124 Desantis. He loathes Trump.

by Anonymousreply 132August 19, 2022 3:11 AM

He'll whore for the Trump Cult, though, r132. He knows it's his ticket, if he actually gets that for. Whoring for the Trump Cult is job one of every Republican politician that has any hope of national office.

by Anonymousreply 133August 19, 2022 3:13 AM

One again, you have to marvel at the stupidity all the people who contributed to her campaign, even though it was guaranteed that she was going to lose. I know we have resident morons on DL who regularly throw away money with political contributions. How do they feel about their money going up in smoke on this race?

by Anonymousreply 134August 19, 2022 3:22 AM

I don't know, r134. How do people feel about giving money to Trump, knowing he will just steal it all and spend it on bullshit and nonsense. Some people seem to spend for emotion reasons, self satisfaction of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 135August 19, 2022 3:25 AM

R135, omg, even this situation has to be met with whataboutism to try to justify it? Enough.

by Anonymousreply 136August 19, 2022 3:33 AM

R131=Palpatine

by Anonymousreply 137August 19, 2022 3:33 AM

What situation r136? The situation of a prominent Trump critic, maybe the most prominent, going down to overwhelming defeat because her party turns out to be a cult? That situation?

That's not actually whataboutism.

by Anonymousreply 138August 19, 2022 3:37 AM

R138, you’re trolling. You saw that the context was contributing to a definitely losing political campaign, not whatever you are babbling about.

by Anonymousreply 139August 19, 2022 3:41 AM

Who cares why somebody contributed to Liz Cheney r139? Yes, everyone should have anticipated her losing this primary in a cult for the heresy of opposing Trump. And really, did a bunch of DLers contribute to her campaign? What are YOU on about, really?

by Anonymousreply 140August 19, 2022 3:43 AM

[quote] Who cares why somebody contributed to Liz Cheney [R139]?

You admit you didn’t care about the subject and you didn’t even understand what was written and yet you felt the need to comment anyway. Yes, you’re definitely trolling.

by Anonymousreply 141August 19, 2022 3:54 AM

No, and no r141. Cared about the subject, and understood what was written. Also, no, not trolling, which really is about not caring about the subject at hand.

The subject at hand is the decline and fall of the Republican Party into an authoritarian cult of personality built around Trump, and how Liz Cheney's overwhelming loss in a primary she won overwhelmingly a few years ago illustrates that. The weird idea that a bunch of mythical DLers should feel bad about all the money they gave her to win that primary is a distraction from that issue.

by Anonymousreply 142August 19, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote] Cared about the subject, and understood what was written.

And like a good troll, you’re now contradicting yourself. Of course you don’t care about keeping your story straight.

by Anonymousreply 143August 19, 2022 4:01 AM

Explained already, r143.

So, why exactly are you in the Trump Cult? What do you hope to gain from it? What emotional void does it fill? What do you see as the primary reasons to let Trump steal the presidency?

by Anonymousreply 144August 19, 2022 4:04 AM

For those who are feeling sorry for her: don't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 19, 2022 7:17 PM

R145, we don't feel sorry for her. None of us would vote for her.

Her only use is of being a nail in Trump's ass - that's good enough.

by Anonymousreply 146August 19, 2022 10:19 PM

To be a Cheney and suddenly get so much love from the kool kids must have been intoxicating for her. She probably got caught up in her own publicity.

by Anonymousreply 147August 19, 2022 11:57 PM

She’s running for president. She’s losing the battle to win the war. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but she’s a better option than trumptard DeFatis

by Anonymousreply 148August 20, 2022 12:04 AM

I’m thrilled she lost. She has better things to do, like help save our country from itself.

I’m not crazy about her politics and vehemently disagree with her on many things, however, it takes a very specific kind of Republican, with a very specific kind of background and upbringing, along with butlloads of cash that’s not going to make one beholden to foreign interests, to take down the new ghouls who inhabit the modern day GOP.

She would be wise to get commitments from allies, including former legitimate Presidents and former Presidential candidates from BOTH sides of the aisle, if she wants put together a winning strategy, to permanently incise this cancer from our body politic.

Now is not the time to go at it alone or with just one side or few people from one side supporting her.

She needs a competent surgical team who are all highly skilled and on the same page.

It CAN be done. She just has to contemplate that maybe it could be done a lot differently than she may have initially imagined, regardless of what her role going forward, will be.

by Anonymousreply 149August 20, 2022 12:11 AM

[quote]She needs a competent surgical team

Doctor Oz will be available after November 8th.

by Anonymousreply 150August 20, 2022 12:30 AM

See, what she said at the link at R145, that she wouldn’t vote for a democrat ever, is just an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

Anyone in the GOP who has any amount of intelligence and integrity, needs to stop it with this silly shit.

The old guard GOP is DEAD. If you want re-animate, you’re going to have to stop playing silly little games about “all democrats are evil & incompetent”, because the facts are that even if you believe this? The new GOP are even MORE evenly and MORE incompetent than ANYONE who has ran for POTUS, and/or won the election, who did so while being a democrat.

THIS is why the GOP lost it’s bloomers in the windstorm. Because it has spent too much time running on extreme emotionality, rather than on good old fashioned practical policies and grass roots organizing.

What’s apparent to most is that the GOP will never be made normal or whole again, unless it stops kissing the ass of FOX News and its audience.

Even the MSM whom we think are liberals, are actually pretty fucking conservative and GOPish.

Just listen to Morning Joe, or CNN, and tell me any different. You cannot. Sure, they try to placate a tiny fraction of the woke BS, but not much, as teens aren’t getting ready to go to work or driving to the office, while listening to these “liberal” (LOL-liberal my ass) morning shows.

Stop playing in the same playground these nutjob’s play in, and start appealing to adults who actually have their shit together mentally and emotionally.

There’s way more of us than you conservatives who cannot “see things a tad differently” think!

by Anonymousreply 151August 20, 2022 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!