Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stock Market Has Regained Half of Its Losses

Just in the past two months. Is there hope for us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 6:43 PM

It does bounce back eventually. That's why it's important to just hold on and not sell. That's a surefire way to lose money. I learned that the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2022 3:39 PM

Everyone loves a bargain but few people recognize that the stock market has been on sale recently. The easiest investment is a "total stock market" or S&P 500 mutual fund /ETF.

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2022 3:51 PM

It has really bounced back since mid June, but I don't trust this rally. I have cash to invest but I'm sitting on the sidelines for now in anticipation of further falls.

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2022 4:14 PM

Me too r3

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2022 4:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 3:25 AM

College student makes $110M trading shares of Bed Bath & Beyond

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 4:39 PM

Historically if you look at the stock market it's always gone up in the long term. I don't bother trying to 'time' the market and just invest what I can.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 4:42 PM

I've typically tried to increase my contributions when the market is down.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 4:48 PM

Some unsolicited recommendations since I love my DLers.  You might consider buying stock in Amazon and Google due to recent stock splits.  Also, Tesla will have an upcoming 1 to 3 split so keep that in mind too.

Blue Chips stocks are always a safer bet and a good investment.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 5:10 PM

So the hedge fund managers and finance bros are recouping their money. Meanwhile average everyday Americans are being raped at the gas pump and the grocery checkout.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 5:20 PM

^ so invest in the stock market.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2022 5:22 PM

It’s still missing the other half, and we’re still behind with much higher mortgage rates.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2022 6:13 PM

^ it will all come back over time.

You need to take a very thoughtful approach with your investment portfolio. When in or nearing retirement, you should have a least 3 years of income in cash ready assets so you don't have to sell stock with down.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2022 6:20 PM

My REITs are doing well. I thought with the pandemic and WFH, commercial real estate would suffer. I understand that it's all spread out but I was (pleasantly) surprised.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2022 6:33 PM

R14 non traded REITS or traded REITS like Realty Income Corporation (stock symbol O)?

If you are own non traded REITs, what are they?

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2022 6:43 PM

I try to "pad" my portfolio when there's a big downturn. It's a modest amount, I'm conservative at this point in my life, but buy low...an ETF or blue chip stock in the S&P 500.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2022 6:55 PM

I bought siga stock at 10. It's more than doubled thanks to whores all over the world!

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 6:09 PM

[quote] Some unsolicited recommendations since I love my DLers. You might consider buying stock in Amazon and Google due to recent stock splits.

What is a stock split?

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 6:20 PM

R18, say Amazon is $2,500 per share. If they do a stock spilt of 1 to 10, you would then have 10 shares at $250. Opportunities like that are good to get into the stock at a cheaper rate.

When Apple split years ago, I bought about $30,000 worth of stock and now it is worth over $200,000.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 6:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!