Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump’s passport taken by FBI.

Apparently they think he’s a flight risk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 18, 2022 4:19 PM

That is f'ing hilarious. The walls are closing in on him.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2022 8:09 PM

He’s such a fucking liar. He probably flushed it down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2022 8:09 PM

I'm not a lawyer, but this doesn't seem like how it works.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2022 8:10 PM

"Ha! Ha!"

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2022 8:10 PM

Yeah I wish we would stop reporting "things Donald Trump says" as "legitimate news" -- since when can we trust that tub of lard?

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2022 8:12 PM

Nah, he's lying, if they took the passport it would be on the receipt. They're not going to fuck up their case by doing something stupid like take his passport.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2022 8:16 PM

I don't believe a fucking word this lying, fat cunt says.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2022 8:19 PM

Flight risk to Russia

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2022 8:24 PM

If this is true (and given the source, I doubt that it is), the FBI have fucked up massively, and the entire world is going to be incredibly pissed at them for legally fucking up a great opportunity.

The FBI would never risk that. It's got to be another lie.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2022 9:18 PM

He's trying so hard not to do something egregiously sleazy and criminal because it would taint his gold-plated brand. He has conveyed such thoughts in private before, until his posse talked him down. But anyone cornered is going to have their breaking point.

I would like to see a Waco-like barricade situation around Mar-a-Lago, with tragic results.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2022 9:22 PM

The federal government cannot “steal” a passport. It is considered property of the IS government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2022 9:28 PM

Cunt was president for four years and still doesn’t understand basic civics.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2022 9:31 PM

Two of the passports are most likely to be diplomatic ones and he was supposed to surrender those when he left office.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2022 9:32 PM

He is most definitely a flight risk. He's probably making arrangements to whisk away to Moscow as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote]He is most definitely a flight risk.

He's a walk risk too if you've ever seen him walking down a platform.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2022 9:51 PM

I want him indicted for the murder of Ivana, and whatever is buried on that golf course exhumed. She ain't there.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2022 10:24 PM

Oh, you bitch R15!!

🙀🙀🤣

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2022 10:34 PM

R13 why does he have more than one? Thank you for that detail! I hope they took them all

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2022 10:39 PM

Sad last days for lard ass.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2022 10:53 PM

Don't worry honey I'm still able to take that fabulous European vacation we scheduled at the end of summer. I will take plenty of pictures. Hugs and kisses!!

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2022 10:57 PM

I wish he would fly far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2022 11:01 PM

All the cash bills in your wallet technically 'belong' to the Government too, r11, and you are only allowed to use it as legal tender. But if FBI agents take it during a search, it has to be mentioned in the warrant and signed off on by a judge. It also has to be noted prominently on the receipt of seized items.

Otherwise it violates the 4th Amendment of the Constitution. If they did that then yes, the defence can argue that the FBI fucked this up and the entire search results could be scrapped.

That's why I'm choosing to believe that the former Liar-in-Chief is merely lying yet again. I mean let's be honest - that's by FAR the most likely scenario here. But if by some bizarre circumstance he's not, the FBI might have fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2022 11:02 PM

Were they OLD, out of date, passports? Is Trump just lying about this? Having your passport taken away from you is not part of a search warrant to look for evidence (or retrieve stolen government documents, in this case). If Trump's passport WAS confiscated, he has almost certainly been indicted or accused of a *very* serious crime. There is something that stinks of horseshit here, based on what has been reported in the news so far. And Donald can be counted on for one thing, and one thing only: LIES.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2022 11:06 PM

Honestly the best punishment is to make him work at McDonald's and ask people for the rest of his life if they want fries with that. Shuffle him from restaurant to restaurant, but watch him at all times. They'll need a very strong manager.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2022 11:11 PM

Wake me when he goes on a drug fueled rampage and crashes into a MacDonald's before bursting into flames and dying in a grease fire. Grease courtesy of trump's humongous rump.

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2022 11:11 PM

That’s what HE says.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2022 11:16 PM

Hang the fucker

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2022 11:16 PM

R13 probably has the best explanation.

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2022 11:18 PM

"Lessee, wudja like extra ketchup with that order?"

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2022 11:18 PM

So… question. Could Dump’s indictment be sealed? Could the passports be taken under that circumstance? I agree with other posters—if the passports were in the pile of documents seized, they should show up on the list of items. But what if they were taken because he’s under indictment? Any DL legal eagles know?

On the other hand, he might have just misplaced them.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2022 11:19 PM

The Orange Turd doesn't need a passport to go visit his boss in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2022 11:23 PM

^It would NOT have happened like this, R30. He would have been required to hand them over by a Federal Magistrate Judge, in court, if he had been indicted. As others have speculated above, the passports in question (if this is even real) are probably types of governmental, official, passports that Donnie 2-Scoops is no longer authorized to possess, which I'm sure he just FORGOT to hand over in the confusion and uncertainty at the end of his reign.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2022 11:25 PM

Well, I guess Dump lied! Shocker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2022 11:27 PM

The FBI did not take the passports, they are not Top Secret or on the receipts. They had no reason to take them and they didn't

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2022 11:27 PM

If he didn't announce on social media that the FBI was "raiding" his home, we probably wouldn't have known about it for a while.

Then he and his cronies play Twister and tie themselves up in knots trying to come up with an explanation as to why he had those types of documents to begin with.

Now he claims the FBI took his passports.

7+ years of this idiocy and we're still dealing with the daily shit.

Have we not learned that nothing this POS says is the truth?

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2022 11:27 PM

The FBI would be legally obligated to turn over the Passports to the relevant agency, so their statement today that they are 'not now in possession' of the documents doesn't mean they didn't seize them, just that they don't have them anymore, r33.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2022 11:36 PM

^ THEY WEREN'T ON THE RECEIPT. Taking those passports could destroy their case. IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2022 11:39 PM

I agree, r37, on all points.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2022 11:40 PM

passports actually are government documents that belong to them - so maybe they were taking all government documents like the warrant said

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2022 11:43 PM

@r38, Thank you 🙂

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2022 11:45 PM

The Trump people are tweeting out this response "email from the FBI" (who knows if it's real) saying that "two filter agents" took three passports and will be returning them at 2 pm today.

Who the fuck knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 11:45 PM

^^^^ Here's the tweet the above image is from:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 11:47 PM

^ I'll believe it when the FBI confirms it

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2022 11:47 PM

[quote]He's trying so hard not to do something egregiously sleazy and criminal because it would taint his gold-plated brand.

Since when?

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2022 11:53 PM

Like tRump does not have his passports at arm’s reach…

by Anonymousreply 45August 16, 2022 12:03 AM

Trump lied.

But it is noteworthy that he has passports on his mind.

by Anonymousreply 46August 16, 2022 12:04 AM

^ Exactly, why all of a sudden is he worried about his passport 🤔

by Anonymousreply 47August 16, 2022 12:13 AM

Tee-hee. In my imagination the FBI now is just fucking with his head and I heartily approve!

by Anonymousreply 48August 16, 2022 12:14 AM

My Bad, they were in my other safe.

by Anonymousreply 49August 16, 2022 12:17 AM

I'm sure they didn't go through everything but I think sometimes LE will take id (even a bill) to prove these are your records. Then, make a copy and return it.

by Anonymousreply 50August 16, 2022 12:22 AM

"He's trying so hard not to do something egregiously sleazy and criminal because it would taint his gold-plated brand."

That is just a day that ends in Y for him.

by Anonymousreply 51August 16, 2022 12:24 AM

I hope that lying, loathsome pig gets epsteined.

by Anonymousreply 52August 16, 2022 12:26 AM

Per a DOJ official speaking to CBS news, Trump's passports were not taken.

by Anonymousreply 53August 16, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote]Honestly the best punishment is to make him work at McDonald's and ask people for the rest of his life if they want fries with that. Shuffle him from restaurant to restaurant, but watch him at all times. They'll need a very strong manager.

Good luck with THAT! He'd eat up all the profits - LITERALLY!!

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2022 12:31 AM

^. Assuming DOJ is correct, I really don’t understand why djt would lie so outrageously.

by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2022 12:31 AM

He probably was planning on handling over the top secret files to his boss, Putin.

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2022 12:31 AM

When I was a government employee, I had THREE valid passports at one time. One was my personal (blue) passport; the other two were "official" (brown; one step down from diplomatic passports). I needed two because I was traveling to countries that did not allow entry if you'd been to another country that they didn't approve of (think "Middle East") so you had to play these silly passport games to be able to go there.

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2022 12:32 AM

This won't bother his supporters; most of them will never leave their own county.

by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2022 12:32 AM

Glenn Kirschner says yeah, they may have had good reason and legal basis to take Donnie’s passports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2022 12:53 AM

Politico is confirming the passports were taken and will be returned along with other unwarranted materials taken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2022 1:28 AM

Based on the linked tweet, Politico is simply confirming that Trump's people are releasing a screenshot of what purports to be an email.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2022 1:37 AM

Maggie HAberman at the NYT confirmed the DOJ returned the passports today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2022 2:33 AM

I know Glenn and have worked with him. I like him and we have had to trust each other on cases. But I do get disappointed when he starts pandering to his followers and is simply telling them what he thinks they want to hear rather than more realistic and honest assessments. He's just wrong on the passports and overlooked simple explanations for more sensational speculation.

I was very disappointed in his Rittenhouse commentaries in which he was way off base and rather dishonest. I thought he was afraid he'd lose subscribers. Of course, I do have to remember he was pretty much a life long prosecutor and that can skew your thinking.

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2022 4:46 AM

^ I'm sure he'll appreciate the back-handed endorsement of a trusted colleague 🙄

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2022 4:51 AM

AND THEY RIFLED THROUGH MELANIE'S BEAUTIFUL CLOSET!!! She can't find those crotchless undies that I make her wear when she pisses on me.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2022 4:54 AM

r63 Glenn? Who's Glenn?

by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2022 4:56 AM

^^^^ Ignore my question at r66 - Sorry, r63 I just figured out who you mean.

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2022 4:58 AM

My theory is: he was looking high and low for them, and discovered them missing. But why? Going somewhere, Mr. President?

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2022 5:00 AM

I always know where my passports are. I lost them once in a fire and ever since then I ALWAYS know where both are, and if they're not with me or near me, they're in a fireproof bag inside a firesafe in my house.

People who do not know where their passports are, or are surprised to find they're missing completely baffle me.

by Anonymousreply 69August 16, 2022 5:03 AM

Frank Figliuzzi said Trump shouldn't have the diplomatic passport anymore. He has no need for it.

They're going to have to create a strict protocol for exiting Presidents. Search bags and boxes; tie-up loose ends. If they did none of this would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 70August 16, 2022 5:07 AM

R69, they may have been in the safe, which means he knew where they were.

They must think he’s a flight risk, and since they know everything, they must have a good idea where he’s going.

And if he recently repaired his plane, which has sat grounded for years because he didn’t have the funds to repair it, there’s a good chance some of Jared’s two billion in Saudi money went to that cause. Which means it wasn’t all for Jared, he was just the bagman.

They must have seen the plane repairs as evidence of a flight risk. He hasn’t repaired it for years.

by Anonymousreply 71August 16, 2022 5:13 AM

If he's a flight risk then I sincerely doubt that the FBI would have rushed the passports back to him today, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2022 5:23 AM

I kept my passport and112 piece place setting of WH China in poosey when raid happened. They no find them, but did smell tuna, he he he

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2022 5:28 AM

Don't know why Trump is so wound up - he still has his Russian and Saudi passports.

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote]Could Dump’s indictment be sealed?

Doubtful. The whole "sealed indictment" thing that Louise Mensch started has been one of the most pernicious conspiracy theories in this whole mess, and I would bet anything that Trump said his passport was taken -- when it wasn't -- in part to trigger certain types of people to claim "there must be a sealed indictment."

I suspect, if anything, that his old diplomatic passports were in the safe, like r13 said. Or it could be entirely made up.

Or he's about to flee to another country and thinks saying he doesn't have his passport will throw the FBI off the trail.

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2022 5:46 AM

Are the MAGAtards chanting “lock him up! Lock him up!”?

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2022 5:59 AM

Do keep up, r75. The passports were taken, apparently accidentally, and were duly returned to him by the DOJ earlier tonight. Storm in a teacup, and all over now.

Also, Louise Mensch is considered Legendarily Insane in the UK. As in 'Mad As A Box of Hair" levels of insane.

She used to make UK politics so weird and fun. I hope she comes back soon.

by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2022 6:00 AM

A flight risk? That's for defendants. He's not a defendant. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 78August 16, 2022 6:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 16, 2022 6:29 AM

Would he even need a passport to take a private plane to Saudi Arabia or Russia?

by Anonymousreply 80August 16, 2022 6:34 AM

As of 5 hours ago, it was reported that those passports have been returned to Fatso.

by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2022 6:57 AM

So - what now?

by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2022 7:42 AM

^ It means that Trump is still President and will be moving back to the White House today... 😏

Nothing, today there will be some new Trump outrage to get the deplorables all bent out of shape about. Every time the Right thinks they've got the ultimate "gotcha" and every time it turns out to be a big pile of shit

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2022 7:57 AM

Oh, thank you for explaining, r83. I think I had it all backwards - I was really hopeful earlier that there was a secret indictment of him and now my hopes feel a little bit dashed. But never mind. I'm sure he'll make another blunder.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2022 8:02 AM

The passport thing is another con.

Look over there! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

OMG! THAT THING ABOUT THE WIZARD OF OZ IN THAT OTHER THREAD WAS RIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2022 11:11 AM

Thank God he got his passport back before his upcoming trip.

"Former US president Donald Trump looks set to visit his golf club and hotel in Doonbeg, Co Clare, at the end of August."

We will see if he actually goes, we will see if he bothers coming back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2022 11:55 AM

I don't really care if he ever comes back, but if he doesn't we get all his stuff 😁

by Anonymousreply 87August 16, 2022 12:02 PM

[quote]I don't really care if he ever comes back, but if he doesn't we get all his stuff

Enjoy those gold-plated toilet seats.

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2022 1:35 AM

Last I heard his Trump jet was Missing an engine. He can’t afford to flee

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2022 2:28 AM

FBI gave them back! They took three passports; two were expired and the other was current diplomatic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2022 6:28 AM

DT is thinking about taking a trip to his properties in Scotland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2022 6:30 AM

Is there a Scotland, Russia?

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2022 6:48 AM

@r88, "Enjoy those gold-plated toilet seats. "

I will, they're attached to some pretty nice houses

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2022 8:39 AM

Ireland is expecting him to visit at the end of August. He has reportedly fixed his plane up.

If he doesn't go you might have to wonder if it's because he's not being allowed to go by the DOJ. I would be fine with him going and never returning. Fugitive from justice is a fitting title for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2022 1:12 PM

DT has managed to get himself out of tight spots before, but something tells me this time might be different.

He's into things up to his neck, and the noose is tightening.

If things go to court and DT sits up there and pleas 5th amendment time after time, it won't look good. Even if there isn't a conviction damage to DT personal and other reputations will be damaged.

DT has always been a slimy, oily and nasty piece of work. Problem is he's now going to take GOP party and his supporters down with him.

by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2022 2:43 PM

Having already "taken the Fifth" 440 times in that deposition in NYC will be spread out all over media if he runs for President again. It's like a giant confession of criminality without having uttered a word about it. It was a HUGE mistake on his part to have done that. It's fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2022 2:52 PM

Everything you wanted to know about passport revocation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2022 2:54 PM

Anyone know of a good attorney?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2022 2:58 PM

The ongoing saga of Donald Trump's passport.

It's all about possession. His passport was in the safe, therefore it's circumstantial evidence of the contents of the safe belonging to him.

He is so screwed. I believe his lawyers were at least able to make him understand this, and that's what the freakout is about.

by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2022 2:59 PM

[quote]Anyone know of a good attorney?

What am I, chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2022 7:26 PM

Jenna Ellis, Krazy Kraken Kunt Sidney Powell, and Christina Bobb--scraping the bottom of the barrel for Z list attorneys. Dump hires all the best people!

by Anonymousreply 101August 18, 2022 3:07 PM

The good attorneys don’t want to have anything to do with him. He lies, doesn’t follow instructions, and he doesn’t pay the their fees.

by Anonymousreply 102August 18, 2022 3:25 PM

Trump has lost much of his power now. He is toxic. Rats jumping the ship to save themselves.

by Anonymousreply 103August 18, 2022 3:29 PM

We should encourage him to leave and then not let him back in for Treason.

by Anonymousreply 104August 18, 2022 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!