Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

REVENGE Part 6 - The Tom Bower Book discussion thread

Part 5 is almost filled.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 600August 25, 2022 12:35 PM

Here's the link back to Part 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2022 2:09 PM

I'll just write all the usual frauisms first:

I guarantee the Harkles will DiVoRcE in July at the latest. Those poor precious chirrins. Are Harry's imaginary inheritances community property? The Harkles are BROKE. Fer sure that's not her real birth certificate. OMG I saw the sex tape but can't find it now anybody got a link? She was nevar pregnant that was stuffing. They have way too many bathrooms. STRIP THE TITLES!!1!

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2022 2:52 PM

Harry had better keep his inheritances and assets in a separate bank in the UK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2022 3:16 PM

How long are they going to continue to film for this docuseries? Adding more footage will not make it any less tedious.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2022 5:28 PM

r4 I do think it's going to perform way below expectations

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote]Adding more footage will not make it any less tedious.

How lovely for the charities that they are being visited specifically to enable a pap-walk for a 'steaming service'.

Guess that streaming service chose not to use the Platinum Jubilee HUMILIATION footage.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2022 5:58 PM

Book me in to anything in Europe! Anything dammit! we must be perceived as GLOBAL! Darling, we are GLOBAL CITIZENS! GLOBAL dahling, GLOBAL!!!

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2022 6:03 PM

Jealousy of William's Earthshot prize and upcoming trips to the US.

Sucks to be you, Haz and the Duchass. Can they get through all that without a big blowup?

Will they see the Queen? Someone said the timing was same as her having to go meet the new PM. (good excuse there)

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2022 6:56 PM

R8: Actually not. A new PM has to kiss hands (metaphorically, no longer physically and that long before Covid) with the monarch in order to serve and for this, Her Majesty says she's coming down to London rather than have the new PM, presumably Truss, go up to Balmoral in Scotland to see her.

So Her Majesty will be in London when H&M are there, but one wonders - as one does - if the Queen's diary will suddenly fill up completely, making anything more than a fly-by impossible.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2022 7:11 PM

Megan must be camped out in the Best LA lipo clinics. Wonder if she can squeeze in time for visit to Sally's Beauty for a quick consult on her 'stensions'. Maybe her new champion Tyler can advise her on hair & make-up. She would look fetching ala Madea.

Wonder if anyone is lining up for her to merch for them. Reitman's? Maybe not. The paps will have a bumper crop of bad photos, since top dollar will be paid for them. Sweat stains, cheap hair, bumpy feet, too tight clothes.

Can't wait for your another record breaking Epic Fail, Shit show. The hilarious Markles. They are the gift that keeps giving, laugh & more laughs. Keep em' coming kids. And please, please say more dumb & dumber things!!

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2022 7:15 PM

Stooopid and stoooopider go to london to grift the only charities that will have them.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2022 7:26 PM

They are just determined to be “global humanitarians”, aren’t they? Why doesn’t that stupid cunt just go back to “acting”?

Also, I thought their Netflix reality show was supposed to debut this year, to coincide with all the Diana shit and his dumb book. They’re still trying to cram more in? You can’t make this shit up.

I hope they never go away. It’s so fun to watch them fail.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2022 7:32 PM

R11, it’s all they have left. Their “media empire” is dust and stale wishes.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2022 7:33 PM

When is the LV stripper's royal underwear auction?

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2022 7:33 PM

It started Thursday and they are up to $250,000. Jewels not included.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2022 7:39 PM

Wish it was a livestock auctioneer, with the nasty pants being swirled on a stickover head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2022 7:42 PM

That's what I don't get, R11 and R13, why would any of these organizations still want to be associated with Harry and Meghan, especially when it would be so easy to drop them now they are living on another continent. There are rumors Invictus is "going in another direction" , whatever that means. Maybe it means they are sending Harry on his way.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2022 8:57 PM

R15 that's gross, why would anyone want Harry's smelly pants?!

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2022 9:30 PM

Maybe there's some HRH sperm still viable in them?

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2022 10:54 PM

I can’t believe how many of those strippers are covered in tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2022 11:01 PM

Now CAN Harry fix his life? Crawling back to the BRF will only make him miserable and bitter. Getting a divorce and ditching his kids will make him miserable and guilty, getting a divorce and spending the next 18 years in a custody dispute will make him miserable and angry. Chucking it all to go run an African game preserve after all this will make him miserable and lonely, and he'll drink himself to death like the White Hunters of old!

He doesn't have any good options, he has no career and he's had children with someone who's nothing but trouble. Seriously, his best bet is to marry a real bitch with money, who will fight with his first wife so he doesn't have to. He won't be happy with her, because he has no purpose or inner resources, but at least he'll be able to live the way he feels entitled to live.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2022 11:25 PM

R584 on the last thread.

There - was - no - Queen - Mother - Trust - Fund, for either Wales boy.

A representative of Harry's estate finally put paid to it last year when the rumour was floated yet again, and made a public statement that there had been no such fund - not the slightest evidence of revenues from such a fund, which would have been subject to tax, was ever evidenced.

And if there had been, you can bet your arse Princess Anne wouldn't have been the Trustee.

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2022 11:26 PM

Harry probably saw Diana about 3 weeks out of the year. They were away at boarding school then Summer went to visit Gran at Balmoral. So it probably won’t be difficult for Harry to live in the UK while the kids live in the US. British upper class don’t do child raising.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2022 11:32 PM

R21 has a very good point -- Harry's options are few. There's no going back to the UK as a working royal, not at least under Elizabeth or William. Charles may be a different matter -- he's soft. Africa? Possible, but there's not enough polo. Stay with Meghan? I suppose, but for how long?

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2022 11:39 PM

A fairy appeared to me and told me I could be Pope AND King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2022 11:41 PM

Harry and Meghan aren't showing up in England as a signal that they want to return as working royals. They're showing up to refresh their royal creds in America. They are two of the three most disliked members of the royal family, and neither the Queen nor Charles will allow it - especially if Harry trashes Camilla and washes too much dirty linen in his upcoming memoir.

Ffs, Harry is suing the government to try to get the taxpayers to shoulder the astronomical burden of armed 24/7 security whilst in Britain, despite living on another continent and not representing the monarchy or Britain any longer.

They're showing off, brazening out and trying to blunt the fallout from the Bower book, replenishing their stock of Look At Royal Us images.

They were booed entering and leaving St Paul's Cathedral two months ago. The idea of them returning as working royals is mental.

Even Charles isn't that stupid. He wouldn't even look at them in the Cathedral.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2022 11:48 PM

R17 Because they're smallish organisations and need whatever names they can get. They aren't Dr Barnardos or the National Theatre or the National Portrait Gallery or the All England Lawn Tennis Club.

The rumour about Invictus wasn't a rumour, but a formally announced splitting off of the IG from the British Ministry of Defence, which had fielded and supported participants for the IG for years:

"Prince Harry's Invictus Games will no longer receive the support of Help For Heroes, following a decision made by the Ministry of Defence. 'Help For Heroes has contributed to the selection, training, and development of veterans for the annual sports event since it was founded by the Duke of Sussex in 2014.'"

There were plenty of rumours as to why the split occurred, which ranged from discovery of dodgy use of contributed funds, to the view that the IG had become more a PR vehicle for Harry and Meghan than being of any real value for participants.

This was why Ben Wallace, the Secretary of State for Defence, came to The Hague to meet briefly with Harry when the Sussexes were in The Netherlands for the IG: to give him the bad news.

That was one of the reasons Harry looked so angry during the games, and why he gave that nasty interview on NBC before returning to America.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2022 11:59 PM

Perhaps Meghan is hoping that during this upcoming visit to the UK she can manifest Charles blowing her a kiss like he did Kate and her Netflix camera crew will catch the touching moment....

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2022 12:04 AM

Hilarious that they aren't actually listed as speakers for these charity events.

You can smell the desperation from outer space.

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2022 12:12 AM

In a few years they will be doing meet and greets outside Boston Market restaurants with the Honey Boo Boo clan.

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2022 12:31 AM

Here's a job they could do!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2022 1:25 AM

Surprised Meghan hasn't converted to Scientology.

Charles should cut a deal with them. In exchange for full paid lifetime security they both have to give up their titles for good.

In the end Meghan is going to be found wandering around the red light district bald, barefoot and high on heroin, crack and pills mumbling to herself about how she is a princess as she works every street corner she can.

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2022 2:11 AM

Scientology probably would have ejected her after the first 3 hours.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2022 2:14 AM

Apparently these visits to their "favorite charities" are to create content for Netflix. They've done so little, they can't provide the material they promised.

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2022 2:25 AM

Seriously, why doesn't Netflix just give up?

by Anonymousreply 35August 16, 2022 2:31 AM

I was just thinking - what does it add, to see them presenting things?

But if they're still committed to the Invictus Games - there's some year-ahead meeting or something?

And if the UK gov't isn't helping with the project any more, will it be able to continue? I feel sad for the veterans, if it falls through.

by Anonymousreply 36August 16, 2022 2:35 AM

How is that the MoD separating itself from the Invictus Games, R27? It sounds like they removed a charity (Help For Heroes) from a sponsorship position?

IG isn't a money-making venture. It is also far more a PR vehicle for Harry than it is anything else. If the MoD is funding it doesn't that mean British taxpayers are funding it? Or is there some other org playing the Help For Heroes role now?

by Anonymousreply 37August 16, 2022 2:40 AM

So they don't actually do anything for these "favorite" charities, yet are going to foist themselves on them in order create content? So humanitarian!

by Anonymousreply 38August 16, 2022 2:41 AM

I said back at the time in the spring, I am increasingly certain these two are trying to return to some kind of official royal role.

by Anonymousreply 39August 16, 2022 3:49 AM

I think that they're using OYW to pay their expenses for the trip. Just like Meghan's done before.

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2022 4:35 AM

Megs goal has always been to live in southern California as an A-list star, feted, adored, lavished financially. She reiterated that goal in Bower's book. Given this, Megs will never, EVAH return to reside in the UK, no matter how attractive the incentives because a grifter never, EVAH returns to the scene of her previous, destructive grift.

by Anonymousreply 41August 16, 2022 4:37 AM

I was just thinking of something. Didn't Guy Richie take Madonna to the cleaners b/c they were married in the UK? CA community property didn't count. I wonder if Meghan would get a much bigger payout b/c she was married there.

by Anonymousreply 42August 16, 2022 4:45 AM

It's going to be complicated and bitter, whatever happens.

by Anonymousreply 43August 16, 2022 4:47 AM

I wonder whether there’s anything they could do to publicly rehab their images now, except going away for a very, very long time which they seem incapable of doing. If they had any stardust it it’s long, long gone.

The thing that’s interesting about what this has revealed is that their lives are so incredibly boring, unglamorous and just not fun. Setting aside the virtues of scheming, playing polo and rescuing chickens, do they do anything that looks remotely fun, enviable or exciting?

by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2022 5:46 AM

Come on, Harry! Divorce the old battle axe and steal wifey #2 Nicola Peltz away from Brooklyn! You can do it! Not only will she not claw and paw at you 24/7, you won't be able to get her to acknowledge you at all! Plus she's loaded and her dad will set you up in whatever pathetic "career" you choose!

by Anonymousreply 45August 16, 2022 5:54 AM

>>>>>Seriously, his best bet is to marry a real bitch with money, who will fight with his first wife so he doesn't have to.

Classic!

by Anonymousreply 46August 16, 2022 6:36 AM

I wonder if more people will come out about their experience of Wallis and Vomit now that the Bower book has been published. I bet there's a lot more to it.

by Anonymousreply 47August 16, 2022 6:45 AM

This is one pathetic thread. No matter how much you despise them, they actually have the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 48August 16, 2022 6:57 AM

R48, Yes, they're obviously laughing. Harry looks like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown and Meghan can only resort to her rictus grin. They're clearly living their best life.

by Anonymousreply 49August 16, 2022 7:05 AM

Lol R48. Keep telling yourself that.

by Anonymousreply 50August 16, 2022 7:08 AM

I'm no fan of the Harkles but I'm laughing at your post, R2.

[quote]OMG I saw the sex tape but can't find it now anybody got a link?

That is so accurate! Along with posts saying, "I heard somewhere that xyz", sort of implying that this is legitimate gossip and not just something from Quora/Tattle/Tumblr/whatever the hell sites these people read.

by Anonymousreply 51August 16, 2022 7:57 AM

There's no doubt in my mind that this Meghan and Harry era will make the history books. Future generations will be able to read about the faux-Royals with their pretend 'official engagements', their useless nonprofit Archewell and their preaching about environmental causes while taking private jets absolutely everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 52August 16, 2022 8:52 AM

R48 Please. You can say that about every rich annoying celebrity discussed on DL. It's practically a prerequisite for discussability.

They'll always be rich and most of us won't. But as for "laughs": does Harry Windsor look like a happy man to you?

The Queen, the Cambridges (speaking of having the last laugh), even Andrew and Fergie will all live richer more comfortable lives than most of us.

Don't get us started on Madonna and Swift and Sam Heughan and the test of the celebrity lot.

We're having fun. And, as pointed out, Harry looks incapable of anything resembling happiness. I wouldn't trade my life for his psyche with the money.

The Harkles are one of DL's prime all-time best gossip sagas.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 53August 16, 2022 11:23 AM

R48 aside, remember how Meghan's fans (bots?, paid pr?) used to flood these threads and continuously get them shut down? Now, nary a peep. Just goes to show how far her star has fallen (or how light her wallet) that we no longer get barraged by these types.

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2022 11:47 AM

R48: the last of the Meghicans. Let us hope, anyway.

It IS funny her bots have been sooooooooo quiet these days. Sooooooooo quiet. You think they’d be here 24/7 arguing every last point in Bower’s thoroughly researched and documented book. But crickets ?

I guess they won’t work for free.

by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2022 11:57 AM

Re the crazy Megh fancunts who used to infest this place:

Has Muriel finally blocked them? I guess there were complaints to Mediapolis re those lunatics and their homophobic ramblings.

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2022 12:01 PM

Does anyone think Harry will ever wake up to the fact he got played ? Nah , he's really too stupid .

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2022 12:25 PM

Harry doesn’t seem like a good person so I find it humorous seeing his marriage backfire on him.

by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2022 12:32 PM

Please let it start imploding soon. The last really fun big breakup was Megxit.

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2022 1:21 PM

Amber and Johnny were pretty fun - the trial, anyway. Glad they got away from each other!

I hear Johnny's in a film AND set up to direct one! And Amber's got new attorneys and is appealing - oh joy.

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2022 1:33 PM

I suppose they're having fun. That is, ifyou consider pulling together a motorcade for a trip down the road to have a pretend visit with Oprah to be fun.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2022 1:47 PM

Harry will spend out his days walking Jalama Beach County Park, alone, barefoot, unshaven and barely recognizable, muttering to himself and hoping to see the Green Flash every sunset.

Meghan will spend out her days slamming the phone down and staring out the window at the Montecito house, endlessly replacing the photos of the house on Zillow, and not opening the letters from Archie and Lilibet arriving from their private schools.

The rest of us Spares learned to cope with our fate in our own ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2022 1:56 PM

It's hard to imagine a way out for Harry. I think maybe making a career out of having been an alcoholic, going to rehab, doing the British talk shows about his recovery, and then trying to restart his semi-royal life - maybe an honest memoir about the years with the narcissistic ex-wife and how she hoodwinked him - and a warning to other people who might run into such people.

That is, if he's not one himself but I don't think so -- just dumb and spoiled. Maybe he can grow up, but he'd have to be honest about his mistakes and failings as a person, and not blaming his problems on Diana's death (or anything else besides himself - he's nearly 40!)

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2022 2:15 PM

It makes me sad to see all the black people who think Meghan is somehow aspirational or that she represents them. She wouldn’t spit on any of them if they were on fire, but she means something to them.

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2022 2:19 PM

I keep hoping Harry will redeem himself, and big time, with the "She Done Us Way Wrong" interview; Tom and Haz knocking back a couple of brews on Rosario beach being interviewed by Piers Morgan about their life with the Megster. An uninhibited yet laid back hour of reminisces and insights. It would be the interview of the decade.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2022 2:22 PM

The Man Child has been pathetic for a long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2022 2:36 PM

Rosarito Beach

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2022 2:48 PM

Harry will never wise up. From the Palace Papers and Bower's book, it seems it was beginning to dawn in Charles and Diana that Harry had real issues requiring professional help. Diana died shortly thereafter and Harry never received the help he needed. Charles used him for PR and was otherwise too busy to be bothered. He was left blowing in the wind while simultaneously learning how easy it was to use his mother's death to manipulate others. (And, now we know, the press, too.) It's no wonder he has so much obvious contempt for most people as he has been manipulating them for decades now. Add to that the palace machinery always jumping in to fix his mistakes and gild his path. All that to say, his psyche is set (and ruined beyond repair).

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2022 2:54 PM

"Maybe he can grow up, but he'd have to be honest about his mistakes and failings as a person, and not blaming his problems on Diana's death (or anything else besides himself - he's nearly 40!)"

R63, the only way a future Harry could redeem himself with the public and the BRF is to get help, grow up, get a divorce, and stop blaming other people for his problems... and that includes his father, AND his ex-wife!

Yes, she's a pretty dreadful person, but if Harry blames her for everything then he's going to keep coming across as an immature manchild. He has to take responsibility for his share in the debacle, and not go around slamming the mother of his children in public. Because yes, if he wants to convince the public that he's now a responsible adult, he needs to do what so many do, keep things civil with his ex for the sake of the children, because a responsible adult thinks that his children's happiness matters more than his own resentment of his ex.

by Anonymousreply 69August 16, 2022 4:19 PM

I agree if Harry ever gets away from her and all he does is whine and complain about how she ruined his life, it won't rehabilitate him in the public's eyes. He has to prove he learned something from the situation he put himself in. I have no doubt right now Meghan is screeching at him 24/7 that he's totally screwed up their exit from the Royal family. She certainly won't accept any responsibility for the post-Meghxit shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 70August 16, 2022 4:34 PM

Post-Meghan, Harry could make a killing on QVC!

Ladies, this is a replica of the tea set my Gran uses at Windsor. It’s produced by Royal Doulton. Can’t you imagine sitting by a nice fire, using this tea set to drink Earl Grey? And don’t forget a chocolate biscuit. Make a night of it by watching that dishy vicar on Grantchester on the telly.

The PBS fraus would go berserk, as long as he was divorced from the she-devil.

by Anonymousreply 71August 16, 2022 4:36 PM

If Harry was in his 20s one could attribute his behavior to the stupidity of youth. There would also still be hope for growth and maturity.

HOWEVER, he is pushing 40 and the cloth has already been cut. His lifelong enabled entitlement and innate behavior/mental problems makes the chances of him improving slim to non-existent. There are reasons children didn't want young Harry invited to their birthday parties. He was a disruptive, uncontrollable and mean kid and he is the same as an adult. Diana's death is only a portion of his problems, he already had serious issues before she died.

by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2022 4:40 PM

Harry's problem is he's stupid. If he surrounded himself with other dumb upper-class twits, he'd be a happy man. But he has pretentions - pushed by Markle - to be some sort of intellectual. He's thick as a brick. She's not much better.

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2022 5:17 PM

Wait until his book comes out. If he trashes Camilla, Charles will be not as inclined to give the spoiled brat his “allowance.” Harry is truly fucked if he reveals anything at all that is negative to the family; they’ll just double down on the snubs at the very least.

The kids should be rescued before they get too psychologically damaged.

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2022 5:40 PM

I don't think Harry will ever leave the marriage. He will not be able to stand hearing the "told you so" type conversations. He will stay with her just to prove a point. Meghan, however would drop him if the right sort of man fell for her, or when she sucks his bank account dry. Whichever comes first.

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2022 6:23 PM

I got the first page of Harry’s book.

Camilla was a cheap tart that smelled of nicotine, cheap booze and desperation. Her black teeth were more crooked than Tony Blair and it was rumored that her lady parts had been ridden hard, much like Auntie Anne’s horse.

She was part of the horsey set that my father only joined because Gran thought Daddy was getting older and not producing an heir. To compare her to Wallis Simpson was a laugh. At least Wallis owned a cigarette holder and would occasionally use it.

On the first day of meeting my father, she claimed she was a descendant of a whore who played with my great-great-great-great-great grandfather. Then she told my father that the back door was always open and he didn’t even need to knock. I don’t know what she meant by that, but it didn’t sound like fun.

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2022 6:47 PM

:^;^^ that sounds just like the kind of moron harry really is !

by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2022 10:08 PM

R66 that is hilarious, what a weenie

by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2022 5:30 AM

Meghan Markle has a huge anus.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2022 5:31 AM

This fall on Netflix...

Meghan and Harry: The Power Couple That Wasn't

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2022 5:31 AM

Meghan Markle IS a huge anus.

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2022 5:32 AM

R79 Uh, no. Harry does. Megs is fucking him far more, longer and harder than he is her.

by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2022 5:34 AM

As in pegging?

by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2022 5:51 AM

Is that clip at R66 Harry grnuinely upset or a calculated trick to seem more human and down to earth, i. e. "The People's Prince"..?

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2022 6:08 AM

I remember thinking Harry was laying it on thick at the time that happened, R84 (there are no tears, his eyes aren't even glassy, but this guy gets off on being mom-ed and he had a whole roomful of women just itching to mom him in that situation), but others may have a different view.

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2022 6:11 AM

"If he surrounded himself with other dumb upper-class twits, he'd be a happy man. But he has pretentions - pushed by Markle - to be some sort of intellectual. He's thick as a brick."

Not quite... theyjust don't know how to present themselves to the public, other than as do-gooders. They want to be famous and beloved, they have to give the pubic some pretense for loving the even though neither actually does anything, and they don't dare present themselves in a way that might offend the Bank of Charles... so that rather limits their options for publicity whoring. The problem is that they don't dare present themselves as anything but do-gooders, and they absolutely suck at do-gooding! So all their own efforts on that front have fallen flat, because they suck at appearing concerned and at supporting others, and they're completely uninteresting when they speak on issues they know squat about, so the public scoffs at their attempts.

Now if they were free to make her social media all about aspirational lifestyle shit and his all about booze, some people would actually like them.

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2022 6:57 AM

Harry was beloved as Harry the Lad. Now he is reviled and a laughingstock as an earnest do-gooder living in luxury. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

He should go back to carousing and falling out of nightclubs.

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2022 7:07 AM

Maybe Harry can get a job as a brand ambassador for Casamigos?

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2022 8:18 AM

R74 Harry isnt getting an allowance from Charles any longer. Charles said he'd float Harry for one year when the Harkles left. He did, and that was it.

And "won't be so inclined" is an understatement if Harry trashes Camilla and tries to humiliate his father again.

Camilla is Charles' non-negotiable, the love of his life.

Charles will leave Harry and his kids nothing, and leave Camilla handsonely provided for, who will invest it soundly and then leave it in turn to her grandchildren in a delicious irony, and the bulk will go to hefty trust funds for the Cambridge kids.

Way to go, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2022 10:53 AM

For the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone can antagonise rich elderly relatives. In Europe, you are obliged by law to leave your children half your estate equally. In America, there are no restrictions, apart from being mentally competent and free of undue influence. Where does it stand in the UK?

Certainly no one is required to give a legacy to grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2022 11:50 AM

Oh, I don’t think Charles would completely shaft Archie and Lili. I think he would leave them a modest amount in ironclad trust. Surely he understands what utter cunts Harry and Meghan are, but it’s not their fault they slid out of the wrong cooter.

by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2022 12:07 PM

R88, Harry has plenty of jobs. He’s a producer, founder of Travalyst and the Invictus Games. He’s the brand ambassador for BetterUp and a trophy-hoisting polo star.

Anyway, I think the Clooneys have thrown him over.

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2022 12:10 PM

He’s the producer of something that has yet to be produced. Travelyst is doing what, exactly? The MOD has stopped supporting the Invictus games and have you seen him working on behalf of Betterup?

Not much winning there.

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2022 12:18 PM

Agree with the poster about draining his bank account, we would see a divorce ( after she left ) quicker than shit if Harry runs out of money. MONEY is all that matters to her. An fame. She has become infamous

by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2022 12:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2022 2:10 PM

Someone needs to do the BRF a huge favor and introduce Countess Dumbarton to Rupert Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2022 2:15 PM

The Royal Family is doing just fine without you Megs. They send their love.

by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2022 2:17 PM

I wish someone would rip MM for that “I tried to change the BRF.” Obviously, she didn’t try very hard.

by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2022 3:05 PM

So they're trying to start a competing royal family.

Call me when you have a few castles, Harry.

Call me when you have a few tiaras, Spider Eyes.

Call us when you have a country to be the royal family of.

Let's see who Charles bequeaths his assets to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2022 3:13 PM

It wasn’t clear where they hope to set up their monarchy. That shit won’t fly in the US. And as r98 points out, she didn’t try very hard.

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2022 3:22 PM

Also, I don’t think the UK would welcome an alternative monarchy. The one they’ve got it hanging on by a thread.

Unless they think they can usurp when the queen dies.

by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2022 3:24 PM

The Dumbartons delusion of recreating Royalty and accompanying fanfare in the U.S. has failed miserably. Laughable really.

Their dream of also being A-list celebrities strolling the movie premiere red carpets is also fantasy and will never happen.

They have no talent, no expertise, no intellect, no sincerity in their endeavors, nothing to offer on any level. Just spoiled vindictive babies fueled by jealously and out to exploit charities for their own gain.

by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2022 3:31 PM

Levin despises Meghan and has turned against Harry, so she's throwing shade at Meghan on that modernising front.

And it's typical of Meghan not to understand that the monarchy's appeal is its blend of history, tradition, and modernity

And typical of her special brand of hubris to believe that she could walk into the 1,000 year old institution in a foreign country and reshape it in her image.

Then she wonders why only Andrew is more detested than she is in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2022 3:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2022 4:25 PM

It's Travalyst not Travelyst, dummy R93. And it's not true that the MOD has "stopped supporting the Invictus Games." Come on now.

by Anonymousreply 105August 17, 2022 4:33 PM

When is the divorce coming? And why are they going back to the UK?

by Anonymousreply 106August 17, 2022 5:00 PM

I love reading that Meghan has "enormous bitterness."

by Anonymousreply 107August 17, 2022 5:22 PM

They're claiming they're 'working' for their charities but simultaneously they're making their living off their charitable work. WTF? They're like a couple of teenagers fantasizing about what they'll do when they grow up which necessarily involves getting revenge on everybody who was mean to them in high school.

They're only interested in money and revenge. They are basically Donald Trump clones.

by Anonymousreply 108August 17, 2022 5:53 PM

R90 I was going to call bullshit on your claim Europe dictates who you can leave your estate to but I looked it up and you're right! That's nuts! Thanks for educating me.

Here in the UK you can leave your estate to anyone you please, many people leave a lot to their animals, friends and charities. Assuming you have a valid will and make it when in sound mind its totally up to you, as it should be.

Can anyone explain why some countries dictate who your estate goes to?

by Anonymousreply 109August 17, 2022 5:53 PM

R109, I suspect it has to do with not wanting the state to have to support your family. In the most states in the U.S., for example, if you leave property via a will you cannot disinherit your spouse, no matter how much you may want to. Your spouse is entitled to a third or half of your estate.

by Anonymousreply 110August 17, 2022 6:10 PM

R110 I can see the sense in that. Although the beneficiary could still blow through the money and still be dependent on the state.

by Anonymousreply 111August 17, 2022 6:14 PM

It was the Napoleonic law that abolished primogeniture (among other things) and granted equal succession rights to children. Didn’t you say you looked it up, R109?

by Anonymousreply 112August 17, 2022 6:22 PM

"For the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone can antagonise rich elderly relatives. "

That's why I think that Meg isn't completely controlling Harry the way some of you do! Meg wouldn't alienate Charles and the Queen's money if she could help it, but Harry hates them and wants to make them pay for his unhappiness, and I have no doubt that he's the one who decided to have an antagonistic relationship with all the people who control the royal family's money.

Meg isn't nearly as bright as she thinks she is, but she's not that stupid! Hell, she'd probably be banging Charles for spending money if all the decision-making were up to her.

by Anonymousreply 113August 17, 2022 8:47 PM

I think it's her. Harry didn't have problems like this until he met her - and he was well into his 30s and had had a couple of long-term relationships.

He would have just Andrewed his way through life... but she thinks she's the most amazing, astonishing person in the world, who will outdo Diana in every way (and the Queen and Kate and everybody else.) A Donald-Trumpette.

She thought she'd star in a superhero film when they got back to Hollywood. Maybe she still expects it, but she has her eye on the next prize: she thinks she'll be President!

by Anonymousreply 114August 17, 2022 8:53 PM

Can hardly wait for revenge to hit bookstores here. Think thats why the filthy duo are going on their fake royal tour , to escape the release here.

by Anonymousreply 115August 17, 2022 9:39 PM

In a world stressed out about Covid, mass-shootings, inflation, the war in the Ukraine and monkey pox, thee two clueless grifters really are the gift that keeps giving. It's like watching a continual train wreck. Good times! :)

by Anonymousreply 116August 17, 2022 9:43 PM

How can the Harkles "escape the [October] release" when they'll be out of the US for less than a week in early September?

Bring back the wit and intelligence of the Dangling Tendrils days, please.

by Anonymousreply 117August 17, 2022 11:24 PM

You can order from Book Depository for free U.S. delivery. You can also get it on kindle UK if you switch your Amazon to UK and give a random UK address. Just remember to switch it back before ordering any deliveries. That's what I did, when it came out. R115

by Anonymousreply 118August 18, 2022 12:17 AM

I had no issue ordering the Kindle version on U.S. Amazon a couple oof weeks ago, on sale no less.

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2022 1:04 AM

R114 - On the contrary, this is the real Harry. Meghan was just the catalyst. He was a volatile, aggressive, angry kid, and those two long-term relationships ended partly because of his dour, angry, defensive, self-regarding personality.

Max Hastings wrote that after Harry had to leave the army because his lack of academic ability meant he would never be able to progress to higher officer status, everyone knew Harry was a train wreck waiting to happen.

Everything the public once assumed about Harry was wrong, a crafted image that covered the mess underneath.

Cart before the horse: if Harry hadn't had all those problems, he wouldn't have had anything to do with Meghan, and he'd have treated Chelsy and Cressida decently and persuaded one of them to marry him.

Irony of ironies: it's the women who didn't Harry's title, cachet, or modest wealth and status to live terrific lives who would have made him the better consort.

It was the hungry bitch who knew Harry was her only ticket to global celebrity fame and status who is helping him ruin whatever possibilities remained of avoiding the psychotic toxic plunge off the cliff we've witnessed since she came on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2022 1:14 AM

^*it's the women who didn't NEED Harry's title . . . etc.

by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2022 1:15 AM

Harry and Meghan bring out the worst in each other. It really is something.

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2022 1:16 AM

I'm glad r119. On it's UK release date the U.S.version wasn't available.

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2022 1:18 AM

How will this train wreck end?

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2022 1:19 AM

Not that they are serial killers or ANYTHING that bad, the situation reminds me of Fred and Rose West where, had they never met they would have just been awful people, but them ending up together resulted in fueling each of their terrible potential.

by Anonymousreply 125August 18, 2022 1:24 AM

Why were there no other women trying to get Harry? Obviously he was seen around with Chelsy and Cressida but weren’t there other women trying to date him?

by Anonymousreply 126August 18, 2022 1:52 AM

I'm pretty sure that word got around that he was a pathetic, miserly man-baby with anger issues, R126. Much more trouble than he was worth.

by Anonymousreply 127August 18, 2022 1:55 AM

It would be like marrying an ill-tempered, spoiled little boy with mommy issues. And ugly too with the little beady eyes.

What decent and emotionally mature woman would want that?

by Anonymousreply 128August 18, 2022 2:03 AM

Harry looks like he'd be a very selfish lover.

by Anonymousreply 129August 18, 2022 6:16 AM

'Hungry people make poor shoppers.'

by Anonymousreply 130August 18, 2022 6:55 AM

Renewal of vows for Netflix? I did not have that on my bingo card.

by Anonymousreply 131August 18, 2022 12:00 PM

Que?

by Anonymousreply 132August 18, 2022 12:36 PM

r131 Sounds like they are selling their souls. But surely only a small hard-core buy into their fairytale love story?

r130 A very wise saying!

by Anonymousreply 133August 18, 2022 12:50 PM

The Countess of Dumbarton is getting her backyard wedding after all!

Sunshine Sax interns are on the phone at this moment calling all their clients to strong arm them into attending the vow renewal and pretend to be "friends" of the desperate duo.

Will Pwife Delfina attend?

Poor Jessica Mulroney, no encore performance of her trying to appropriate Pippa's butt wiggle for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 134August 18, 2022 12:52 PM

Pwife Delfina ain’t got time for dat. She’s busy living a Ralph Lauren (Brokeback Western iteration) ad, road-tripping America.

I’d imagine everyone else has plans for the rest of the summer.

It’ll be an intimate affair.

by Anonymousreply 135August 18, 2022 1:11 PM

Who renews their vows only 4 years into their marriage? Are they going to lie and say they did it two days before?

by Anonymousreply 136August 18, 2022 1:17 PM

Will Thomas Markle be on hand to give the bride away? Will sister Sam be a bridesmaid?

by Anonymousreply 137August 18, 2022 1:25 PM

Harry and Meghan venturing into the lion’s den!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 18, 2022 1:38 PM

What are they vowing to do? Whine, grift, seek PR at every opportunity, lie, pretend they are important, and not do an ounce of work?

by Anonymousreply 139August 18, 2022 1:47 PM

I have no idea what they’re trying to accomplish with this “tour”. Is it the “alternative monarchy” they’re hoping to establish?

It doesn’t look any different than the traditional one: entitled people living in the lap of luxury, playing at being charitable. Indistinguishable.

by Anonymousreply 140August 18, 2022 2:01 PM

They wouldn’t be trying this monarchy crap in the US if the Kennedys hadn’t been so reckless. JFK jr was selfish not to leave an heir and a spare.

by Anonymousreply 141August 18, 2022 2:18 PM

They are the epitome of pathetic losers

by Anonymousreply 142August 18, 2022 3:03 PM

Harry’s previous positive and genial persona is truly a miracle result of the Palace’s PR staff.

by Anonymousreply 143August 18, 2022 4:20 PM

Sorry.... source for me this renewal of vows business. Speculation or confirmed? Because God Almighty if it's true...

by Anonymousreply 144August 18, 2022 7:25 PM

Those are some cheap-ass vows if they need to be renewed after only 4 years and 4 months. I told them to get the name-brand ones, they would last for maybe 10 years easy.

Unless Meghan is going to REVISE and AMEND the vows...

by Anonymousreply 145August 18, 2022 7:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 18, 2022 7:28 PM

Have the hookers in Mozambique been warned?

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2022 7:35 PM

Look at those chicken legs. Does DL still think he is "hot?"

by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2022 7:38 PM

Who's with him?

Probably not his wife, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2022 7:40 PM

I suspect the trip was really to get away from her.

by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2022 7:46 PM

I guess he's enjoying the company of some hot guys with great schlongs.

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2022 7:49 PM

Does anyone think SHE is hot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2022 8:18 PM

WEHT Adam Bidwell? Wasn't he Harry's special friend when visiting Africa?

by Anonymousreply 153August 18, 2022 8:20 PM

Meghan couldn't join him, she has to get botox and lipo procedures done before that trip in September.

by Anonymousreply 154August 18, 2022 8:26 PM

Will she do a pap walk with the kids again now that he's out of town? She did that before, so . . .

by Anonymousreply 155August 18, 2022 8:27 PM

So . . . ?

by Anonymousreply 156August 18, 2022 10:08 PM

Renewing vows before you're 25 years in to your marriage is a tell-tale sign that the marriage has been on the rocks, then a temporary reprieve at which time the couple feels they must re-affirm their vows to one another to 'prove' that they each made the right choice to marry in the first place, then its commonly followed up by a straight up bitter and ugly divorce a few short years after.

by Anonymousreply 157August 19, 2022 12:20 AM

r143 Yes I agree.A lot of people are so shocked by how he has behaved that they attribute most of it to her , yes she helps draw the poison out-they bring out the worst in each other, but the poison had to be there to begin with. People need to accept the Harry they thought they knew NEVER existed.Meghan didnt take away the real Harry.She revealed him.

by Anonymousreply 158August 19, 2022 12:27 AM

Why do they keep trying? You can only get married, renew your vows, miscarry, or give birth so many times in life. They can never make this work. Even if people were genuinely interested in these events (they are not), only a limited number of them can occur in the life of one couple.

by Anonymousreply 159August 19, 2022 1:28 AM

R158 Truth. Prince Dimwit has always been an asshole. Before, he had the Rf to cover up for him. He is the same as he ever was

by Anonymousreply 160August 19, 2022 1:43 AM

How much will it cost them to have PR people screen out anyone who looks like they will start the torrent of boos. There is no way they are going to avoid that. The people of the UK Hate them. They also know they now have Markle & Dumbo on the run.

This has to be one of the craziest things to attempt. The pap photos will be delicious in the horribleness. Every awful angle, bump, lump, sweat stain, you name it, will be highlighted. In the words of that great wise sage Jada., "I'm here for it!!"

by Anonymousreply 161August 19, 2022 1:57 AM

It's probably the only angle they have left for Netflix

by Anonymousreply 162August 19, 2022 2:00 AM

I agree R162. The vow renewal is one of the few things they could think up to produce content for Netflix. Maybe one of the new people Netflix put on the project came up with the idea - because really, what CAN you do with these two?

They've got the Invictus speech - but that may be in its own documentary. So if it's a show introducing America's royal family - there are probably millions who haven't paid attention to the original wedding and subsequent saga -- anyway, wipe the slate clean and marry again in America and maybe they'll get some dimwit fans. God knows we (the US) has enough dimwits for nearly anybody to create fanbase. Conartists (& Suckers)"R"US.

by Anonymousreply 163August 19, 2022 2:32 AM

There was some talk (probably pure speculation) that NF was thinking of rolling the Invictus footage into the reality series rather than making a whole separate Invictus series. Which makes sense to me, I don't think anyone is really interested enough to spend hours of their time watching a show about an obscure annual games for veterans series. Supporting charitable works is one thing, spending one's leisure time listening to the dim rich people behind those works is another.

by Anonymousreply 164August 19, 2022 2:40 AM

Who will the guest list include? The Obamas? The Clooneys? The Beckhams? Oprah and Gayle? I can't wait to see the glittering assemblage!

by Anonymousreply 165August 19, 2022 2:41 AM

There are other things they could do to keep the ratings up. Maybe a Very Special Episode where Harry gets hit on the head out by the chicken coop, gets amnesia, wanders around Montecito, thinks he's Meghan's butler. A second fortuitous bump to the head brings him back to reality...he really is Meghan's servant! Or they could adopt a third kid named Oliver or Seven. Just spitballing here.

by Anonymousreply 166August 19, 2022 2:42 AM

The classic go tos for attention and relevancy:

Vow renewal ceremony with faux leaked rumored guests. They can print anyone one’s name as rumored to attend and then sponge up the fame by association

Health scares! Especially if they or children have rare health condition, then they will go on tour to raise awareness. Reality show to document the drama. If it’s to “raise awareness” they hope to escape famewhore charges.

Weight loss stories, transformations.

They’ve tried most of the usuals..charities, cooking book, children’s book, cooking, fashion, lifestyle guru.

by Anonymousreply 167August 19, 2022 2:46 AM

And of course biographies, podcast and reality shows. Is there an unturned stone left to these scammers?

by Anonymousreply 168August 19, 2022 2:47 AM

Everything they do is blatantly contrived and their motives utterly transparent. Their ineptitude is jaw-dropping.

by Anonymousreply 169August 19, 2022 2:49 AM

Any chance Samantha crashes this vow renewal ceremony and starts flipping tables over and calling Meg a "prostitution whore"?

by Anonymousreply 170August 19, 2022 2:50 AM

They need to hire Mama Kris Kardashian as a consultant - oh wait, I know, CAITLYN! SHe can prove he's just as good a promoter as her ex-wife!!

by Anonymousreply 171August 19, 2022 2:51 AM

Yeah, this show needs more Samantha. She’s entertaining. I don’t hate her family, bunch of characters which may all be more interesting than MM

by Anonymousreply 172August 19, 2022 2:52 AM

Porn. they make that sex tape video.

Netflix can do a soft core version. Then for a high price, like the old pay Preview for Fights, for the XXX raw charge a load. Watch Harry get Pegged, Meg, peed on. You name it. Could be a win for Netflix..Hell, they ain't gonna make any money from them any other way.

by Anonymousreply 173August 19, 2022 2:54 AM

Hauling old Thomas up for a tearful re-connect would be so heartwarming - meeting the little ones - and hugging his darling little princess after all these years (and meeting his son-in-law for the first time). He could walk her down the sand to the deck where they say their homemade vows. Love American Style (which was a dopey show from the 60s -- we'll fall for anything)

by Anonymousreply 174August 19, 2022 2:54 AM

Tom Jr. calls the Countess of Dumbarton "flamingo legs" on his YT channel. He could be a lot of fun too.

by Anonymousreply 175August 19, 2022 2:54 AM

Oh god - Tom Jr sounds like a winner for the show - he could give the wedding toast!

by Anonymousreply 176August 19, 2022 2:57 AM

Reuniting with Dad would be a master move right about now. You’re right heartwarming.

The old our private sex tape was stolen from our vault move.

selfishly I’d like to see her on QVC, I really think she might be good, with a thigh master or some such.

by Anonymousreply 177August 19, 2022 2:58 AM

American ninja? Foxy boxing? Jane Fonda type exercise tapes? makeup consulting? Hair care tips? Nah, sex tape, the big money shot for sure. Hell how much did that hooker get for Dimwits dirty pants?

by Anonymousreply 178August 19, 2022 3:01 AM

Maybe he can sell his used underwear on eBay for a side hustle? Just to tide them over in this recession. It’s America Harry, every man for himself, survival of the fittest, cash is king. You’re flying without a net now, sometimes you got to pick yourself up and do what needs to be done. Less whining, posing and using. It could be an opportunity to earn some much needed respect.

by Anonymousreply 179August 19, 2022 3:08 AM

R167 You left out transing Archie

by Anonymousreply 180August 19, 2022 3:09 AM

Dancing with the stars would be great!

by Anonymousreply 181August 19, 2022 3:09 AM

I see The Masked Singer in their future.

by Anonymousreply 182August 19, 2022 3:14 AM

R180, so sorry you’re absolutely right. Archie is definitely slated to take one for the team. Or he will be neurodivergent, and his story and that of his suffering, yet nobly put upon parents, simply must be told. Share Our truth, have a voice, raise awareness, support, use our celebrity and clout for good.

by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2022 3:15 AM

She could claim she's carrying a headless fetus and then just have a timely miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 184August 19, 2022 3:16 AM

Sneak peak from the vow renewal rehearsal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 19, 2022 3:19 AM

If Tyler Perry is so fangirl-crazy about "Princess Meghan" as he calls her, why doesn't he produce something for Netflix starring thrm?

by Anonymousreply 186August 19, 2022 3:26 AM

Type in "meghan markle blow job" on google under images and you will see the sex tape I was talking about. She is on her stomach wearing red panties. Here is a screenshot of it that someone saved on twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 19, 2022 3:30 AM

I'm guessing Givenchy declined to design her vow renewal costume since they are probably still in therapy from their previous dealings with Charlotte's least favorite Auntie.

by Anonymousreply 188August 19, 2022 3:37 AM

I want to see them in the garden singing "One Hand, One Heart," dubbed by Johnny Mathis and Adele. Television for the ages. And so sincere.

by Anonymousreply 189August 19, 2022 3:38 AM

Whatever she wears will be an ill-fitting, inappropriate style from whatever designer she can coerce into sending her a loaner.

by Anonymousreply 190August 19, 2022 3:50 AM

Oh, the product placement you'll see!

by Anonymousreply 191August 19, 2022 3:52 AM

I can see Meghan wearing a white wedding dress again for the renewal ceremony. Doing her Diana doe-eyed look at Harry and the fake grin while babbling, "love always wins". Harry's eyes well up with tears again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 19, 2022 4:22 AM

I'm not sure Harry's nerves can take a second round of bridezilla escapades.

by Anonymousreply 193August 19, 2022 4:32 AM

Harry has gone to Africa, alone. It’s been reported that he’s staying in a luxury beach resort. I know he needs Netflix footage but it’s startling he’s without his Klingon.

by Anonymousreply 194August 19, 2022 5:58 AM

Quite shocking Harry was let off leash. He'd been planning it for weeks. Learned to swim, threw a rock at a street light, pretended to drown, swam to shore, flushed his wedding ring and he was outta there. Or he snuck out of the house while she was doing her vegan soy latte yoga with ear pods in. What I wouldn't give for the Archbishop of Canterbury to release a statement that their Windsor wedding wasn't legal due to some oversight they just caught. WWHD? What Would Harry Do....

by Anonymousreply 195August 19, 2022 6:42 AM

Harry Having Hijinx in Darkest Africa with Adam Bidwell!

by Anonymousreply 196August 19, 2022 6:56 AM

Will the Archbishop of Canterbury lead the vow renewal? Will the long-winded pastor be invited to reprise his role for those didn’t get enough of him the first time? Will Lilibet be old enough to replace the deficient Charlotte in the redo? Will Omid Scobie tweet the origins of the donated bridal bouquet as Meghan and Harry begin their exchange of their self-penned renewal vows? Will Her Majesty join by Zoom?

This could fill an entire season of the docuseries.

by Anonymousreply 197August 19, 2022 7:05 AM

Caught lying again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 19, 2022 7:38 AM

Working titles for Archie documentaries:

Archie: A Very Royal Autist

Archie: A Very Royal Tranny

by Anonymousreply 199August 19, 2022 9:30 AM

You KNOW Meg is begging Oprah to officiate at the vow renewal!

by Anonymousreply 200August 19, 2022 11:50 AM

Long time DLer here and o slouch at mocking the Harkkes, but I do o jectvat mocking the kids. I called put the KGT and the Megaloons for their hate filled jokes about Charlotte being a whorecby 15 and trying to spread the rumour that Louis is autistic. And I'm calling out Archie the Autist.

That kid deserves nothing but our sympathy for having two psychotically self-absorbed parents, one a cauldron of toxic rage, and the other a cauldron of delusions of grandeur.

There isn't anything funny about Archie the Autist.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but . . .

by Anonymousreply 201August 19, 2022 11:53 AM

^*but I do object to . . .

by Anonymousreply 202August 19, 2022 11:54 AM

There's only one way for Harry to come back to the UK and thats as the face of men suffering domestic abuse. He'd have to go into a hospital for a couple of years first. He'd have to work with a therapist who could explain coercive control to him. But after a period of quiet, he could come back as a spokesperson representing men who are victims of domestic abuse. Raising the profile, explaining that Women's Refuge also have places for men to go.

It's a serious issue and one that needs highlighting. Men need to be supported in the same way that women survivors need to be supported. And we have to lose the ridiculous idea that men can't be abused by women. (And I am a woman)

So Harry could be the perfect person for that. But he'd definitely need a few years out first. And he'd actually have to learn from the therapy. Not sure that he's capable of that.

by Anonymousreply 203August 19, 2022 11:54 AM

I've got to agree to R201: as long as the kids don't turn out to be grifting narc psychos like their parents, they ought to be off limits. At this point, these kids deserve our sympathy, not our scorn.

by Anonymousreply 204August 19, 2022 12:00 PM

Lady Louise off to St Andrews for University.

by Anonymousreply 205August 19, 2022 12:07 PM

R205, we already know. See upthread.

by Anonymousreply 206August 19, 2022 12:09 PM

R201, if I understand your post correctly, then I agree that the children should be off limits. My post was intended to mock how Meghan would market a neurodivergent/transgender child. Now dismount.

by Anonymousreply 207August 19, 2022 12:14 PM

Hell, she already used Lilibet birthday bash to try & deflect the Jubly(yes, this a fav. DL moniker)disaster.

She is Hollywood FFS. The use & abuse of kids..let me count the ways & times. Jolie for one. The list goes on & on. You think she won't use those kids. No one is making fun of the kids or widhing them ill. People are commenting of what this Hollywood grifter will do to them for money & clicks. Lily's real name is Clickbet.

by Anonymousreply 208August 19, 2022 12:34 PM

R203, there are two problems with your little idea. 1) We have absolutely no evidence that Harry is being abused, just your suppositions, and 2) if he goes from blaming his family for everything wrong in his life to blaming his ex-wife, he's going to look as much of a giant manbaby as ever.

No, his only way out is to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for his own life, instead of blaming others. But he'll never do it.

by Anonymousreply 209August 19, 2022 1:02 PM

So Harry is pretending that he invited the delegates to Mozambique?? WTF. This is just like the UN speech that they tried to pass off as a keynote with about ten people in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 210August 19, 2022 1:17 PM

R207 - All right, fair enough.

R201

by Anonymousreply 211August 19, 2022 1:39 PM

Harry may be so obtuse, deluded and non-questioning to believe the hype that Sunshine Sach's is arranging, per his wife's directions. Keynote speaker at the UN, right. Like he actually developed the Invictus Games and is capable of any position at Better Up, much less its Chief Impact Officer.

by Anonymousreply 212August 19, 2022 2:31 PM

R212 Presumably his Better Up job requires him to do some kind of work to make an impact.

He’s not, not the kind of work employers want, like, you know, working.

by Anonymousreply 213August 19, 2022 2:36 PM

These two are the most shameless grifters since the Trumps. Figureheads of shady companies who exploit the working class. It’s really something.

by Anonymousreply 214August 19, 2022 2:43 PM

R209 I didn't say he SHOULD do it. I merely said it was the only way he'd ever get back. I don't think that he'll ever learn but if he comes up with a believable story and then represents other men, he could pull it off. But you're right that he can't blame other people. What's the betting he will though?

As for 'my suppositions', I'm not the only one who thinks he's looks like he's being abused. And the way she touches him all the time is very controlling.

Of course she'll be screaming abuse as well and she has all the evidence of his mental health issues/paranoia/drug and alcohol problems etc etc etc. The problem is that they're both liars.

It's all going to be great fun to watch. Get the popcorn ready!

by Anonymousreply 215August 19, 2022 2:59 PM

Angie's FBI antics are going to look tame compared to what Medusa will sling during their divorce.

by Anonymousreply 216August 19, 2022 3:07 PM

I don't enjoy jeering at them any more. Harry looks like he is being hunted, looking for a safe shelter everywhere to no avail. MM is grimly battling on. They backed the wrong horse and have run out of options.

by Anonymousreply 217August 19, 2022 3:10 PM

r210 The Harkles do like the word keynote don't they?!

by Anonymousreply 218August 19, 2022 3:59 PM

I’ve said it before. They could take up the issue of homelessness / lack of affordable housing in LA / Santa Barbara.

Of course it’s hard to do this from a 20M mansion, so they’d have to walk the walk which I’m sure they’re not going to do.

Having Prince Harry involved might bring over some NIMBYS and convince them development can be done in a sustainable, beautiful way (not the horrible condos of the 1980s.)

by Anonymousreply 219August 19, 2022 4:47 PM

This sounds like the kind of false story famous people tell select people to find out who in their circle is leaking to the press. Although with these two, it’s hard to imagine anyone in their circle leaking more than H&M.

by Anonymousreply 220August 19, 2022 7:08 PM

^The renewal of the vows story

by Anonymousreply 221August 19, 2022 7:09 PM

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention but for how long have posts linking to Daily Mail articles been replaced by posts describing the Mail as a putrid rag? Like this >

by Anonymousreply 222August 19, 2022 7:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 19, 2022 7:16 PM

Muriel is testy, r222. And a snob. The DM is a rag, but it does also contain legitimate news. I don’t think it’s putrid, just low brow.

by Anonymousreply 224August 19, 2022 7:35 PM

LOL according to a story in the Daily Beast (yeah, I know), Her Majesty is making no effort to find time on her calendar to see Dim and Doritos. Also, this little story reeks of "We're declining the invitation that isn't coming from the Cambridges."

Regarding the Harkles taking on homelessness? Forget it. That would require real work, plus they would have to mingle with "icky" people.

by Anonymousreply 225August 19, 2022 7:37 PM

We extend our regrets that we will be unable to attend the renewal of vows ceremony. Schedules are often quite full for us working royals.

by Anonymousreply 226August 19, 2022 7:46 PM

Hell, I'll go.

by Anonymousreply 227August 19, 2022 7:47 PM

Honestly, I don't give a fuck what these two tosser do.

by Anonymousreply 228August 19, 2022 7:55 PM

Harry is Africa's Great White Hope! The White Man's Burden! White Saviors Unite!

by Anonymousreply 229August 19, 2022 8:29 PM

I regret to inform you that I cannot attend your marriage vow renewals. Much as I would like to stroke my latest brooch, I have consulted my calendar and that is the day that I wash my hair. Now if you'll trot off back to the colonies and let us live in peace!

by Anonymousreply 230August 19, 2022 9:11 PM

I think Pa Markle, Tom Jr. and Samantha should get a town permit and set up a lemonade stand on the road leading to the vow renewal venue.

Those Sunshine Sachs clients recruited to be her "friends" that day might be parched and appreciate a beverage at a reasonable price.

by Anonymousreply 231August 19, 2022 10:00 PM

Can we expect another hideous ill-fitting wrinkled white dress made of stiff fabric that doesn't move or flow, and a long white veil?

by Anonymousreply 232August 19, 2022 11:22 PM

r223, it started today.

by Anonymousreply 233August 19, 2022 11:37 PM

I doubt Harry and Meghan’s next project will be any lamer than all the unfunny “snark” on this thread. JFC, it’s embarrassing. Yes yes, now call me “hall monitor” etc.

by Anonymousreply 234August 19, 2022 11:48 PM

There was a discussion regarding whether Dimwit (Prince H) should claim abuse.

Dumbass (MM) will claim abuse before Dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 235August 19, 2022 11:58 PM

I'm thrilled that Harry and Meghan will save the world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 20, 2022 12:15 AM

"[R209] I didn't say he SHOULD do it. I merely said it was the only way he'd ever get back. "

R203, you really think that for Harry to claim to be an abused husband and to become an advocate for other abused men would go over better with the public than... growing the fuck up and taking responsibility for his mistakes? You really think people would respect him if he went from blaming his father for all his woes, to blaming the mother of his children???

If he wants the love of the public back the #1 thing he needs to do is to stop blaming others for his mistakes, or his unhappiness. Yes, Meg is an asshole and the marriage has been a huge mistake, but it was *Harry's* mistake. As he blamed others for his unhappiness, he looked to someone else to "make him happy" - so instead of making a self-actualized life for himself, he expected his hustler wife to provide him with happiness and fulfillment. And seriously, the only way to real happiness and fulfillment is to realize that nobody else can provide it, it has to happen inside your skull.

by Anonymousreply 237August 20, 2022 12:57 AM

Oh my some scandalous pictures of Smegs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 20, 2022 2:27 AM

Who the FUCK would even come to a vow renewal of theirs? They have no friends or family. They would legit have to hire people to attend. Is this the best idea Netflix could come up with for content?

by Anonymousreply 239August 20, 2022 3:09 AM

Because they both devote themselves to humanitarian causes, maybe the guest list will be limited to the people they've helped?

by Anonymousreply 240August 20, 2022 3:33 AM

They should renew their vows AT Invictus Games WHILE addressing the UN and feeding the homeless.

by Anonymousreply 241August 20, 2022 3:34 AM

The pictures at r238 in one she has her legs spread and bare chest (blacked out) and the other she is giving a blow job? WTF!?

by Anonymousreply 242August 20, 2022 4:11 AM

"Who the FUCK would even come to a vow renewal of theirs? "

Netflix staffers.

by Anonymousreply 243August 20, 2022 7:28 AM

Don't you bitches wonder how these embarrassing photos got on the web?

Someone with a little grudge to pay back, maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 20, 2022 7:30 AM

Except for the pic with Jessica, that's not her.

by Anonymousreply 245August 20, 2022 9:42 AM

Hanya Yanagihara’s To Paradise is not to be missed. And tons of gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 246August 20, 2022 10:12 AM

R234 Read every last post have you?

Now, how should that be?

by Anonymousreply 247August 20, 2022 10:46 AM

Well, having at last finished the Bower book, the topic of this thread, I'll stand by my initial impression: some of it, and having finished it this impression is even stronger, feels rushed, especially the last third. There isn't anything about Megxit that we didn't know or suspect here on DL, and the stuff about the Platinum Jubilee has a real Last-Minute-Stop-The-Presses-There's-More! feel. He must have had to insert that at the last moment, it doesn't even mention the booing, the deliberate late arrival so as to seem more important by arriving solo in their own car, the hasty retreat when they saw how they'd bee grey-rocked, the farce of the Lilibet Birthday Party . . .

But - and this is a significant BUT, the first half, where one really gets the well-source, detailed, and therefore irrefutable portrait of a woman consumed by hunger for fame and celebrity and willing to do anything and shaft anyone to get it, is what makes the book important.

The information that the Sussexes were talking to Oprah and Netflix as the fucking wedding took place tells you everything you need to know about Harry and Meghan and their Poor Us! victim story. I don't think they ever intended to stay longer than it took to seed their fame, manage a few of what they assumed would be "iconic" images, produce a baby that had a royal christening, and then blow that clambake.

The Platinum Jubilee got startlingly hasty treatment, and I suspect that's why Bower wants to issue a "re-edited" paperback edition. By then, of course, Harry's memoir will also have come out, and Bower will probably have to rewrite the book and call it a Second Edition. The disastrous appearance at the UN with Meghan cutting Harry's balls off with that OTT performance, the fight they allegedly had that the staff overheard as she berated him for not getting her up on the stage with him . . . oh, yes, there will be so much to get into that Second Edition!

It was worth publishing it to see laid out in all its ugliness who Meghan and Harry really are. The information about Meghan agreeing to say nice things about a known murderous dictator so she could get her photo ops in Africa when she went there to get her "humanitarian" photo ops to up her celebrity creds was also new, her treatment of Nelthorpe-Cowne, what Pickerell, Toabti, Lathan, Knauf, and Cohen endured at her hands - the whole nasty, sordid record.

The book is, in that respect, a landmark that at least lays it all out there, unchallenged by the Sussexes except through that "new" book Scobie is promising in the winter to, yet again, "set the record straight".

The book is still on the Best Seller list - which is more than The Bench or Finding Freedom could say. They lasted five minutes. Bower's book is still selling successfully.

by Anonymousreply 248August 20, 2022 12:30 PM

As for the upcoming "vow renewal" - it screams TIP.

People don't do "vow renewals" until their Silver Wedding Anniversaries. The Sussexes have been married just over four years.

Who the fuck does wedding vow renewals after only four years, and well after the actual wedding anniversary (they were married 19 May 2018)?

Answer: people who need to convince the world and themselves that they're still Terribly In Love - this tends to be true especially after a very bad patch.

I suspect the rumours of a huge and bitter fight during the UN visit, and Meghan's behaviour sitting with Harry, treating him like an idiot child, his snatching his hand away from her and then giving it back . . . are true.

As far as content for Netflix goes, a vow renewal after four years in a private backyard with a few celebrity friends and no family except her mother, the ever reliable Black Totem figure, doesn't seem to me to be anything for Netflix to get excited about.

They blew their opportunity with the Jubilee, Harry's family will never, ever again let the Sussexes make bank on images of themselves with the top tier royals, and those three events in September are the Sussex's last shot at quasi-royal imagery. I'd lay odds Netflix have hired a few dozen cheerers outside and, of course, a bank of photogs.

People assuming those two events in Britain are the Sussexes trying to get back into being working royals are delusional. The world knows now how they stabbed the entire family, including the Queen, in the back.

As the Daily Beast said about the Queen possibly meeting the Sussexes on 5 September, "once burnt, twice shy". The last time she met with Harry, he talked about it on NBC and asserted that she told him things she wouldn't tell anyone else, and implied that the rest of her family wasn't capable of "protecting her".

On 5 September, the Queen will be back in London to welcome a new PM and invite (the likely) Liz Truss to form a new government. Her schedule, according to leaks from the Palace, is "packed". Then she'll head back to Balmoral.

The other event is in Manchester.

That's the thing about the Sussexes: they're always trying too hard and it shows. These events will be more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 249August 20, 2022 12:46 PM

I always though in her first wedding gown she looked like a roll of paper towels, and dress had as much movement as one. If they do this renewal she's going to go the exact opposite so she can say "it's the wedding I wanted, but was not allowed to have!!!"

by Anonymousreply 250August 20, 2022 12:56 PM

Actually it's their first wedding. Meghan was forced into the spectacle by the racist royal family. Now they'll have the wedding of their dreams surrounded by all their real friends, the A listers and Billionaires who love to be with them. And all filmed by Netflix.

Presumably Meghan won't destroy the video of this one.

by Anonymousreply 251August 20, 2022 1:02 PM

Here's a story about people actually helping the people of Uvalde rather than just using them for a photo op. Looking at you, Meghan...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 20, 2022 1:06 PM

I'm not sure whether a view a renewal of vows as a desperate move to announce that they REALLY ARE IN LOVE, or a stunt to give their Netflix film some content. The video of the two of them before the UN talk is particularly disturbing: the way Harry pulls his hand away and then seeks contact with her suggests he is a highly conflicted man. Similarly, his guffaw/laugh/cry in his recent speech is concerning. I see a man who is caught between two drives: the drive to shout out to the world that he was mistreated by his own family and, underneath, his love for them. A corollary may be the conflict between him needing Meghan for strength and to share the fight with the royal family versus his frustration at her manipulative behavior and her pursuit of a very self-promoting agenda. He may be dim but he's not blind.

by Anonymousreply 253August 20, 2022 1:24 PM

R253 You see a man who is caught between two drives.

I see an overprivileged selfish spiteful little boy who throws tantrums when he can't get his own way and refuses to grow up. Don't think much of her either.

by Anonymousreply 254August 20, 2022 1:32 PM

The reason we're going is that I fully expect to be appointed as Prime Minister.

by Anonymousreply 255August 20, 2022 1:46 PM

You can always tell when Harry and Meghan are laying low, because these threads get silly, everyone doing tiresome schtick. We need specific new shenanigans to comment on.

by Anonymousreply 256August 20, 2022 1:51 PM

I hold no grudge. Dad will be King someday. Mom will be Queen. George will eventually be King. I will be the Princess Royal. Louis will be... ...well, he will always ahead of Harry in the line of succession. We will be fine. The Sussex family, on the other hand, will be... ...well, one must assume that is up to them.

by Anonymousreply 257August 20, 2022 1:53 PM

You're right, R256. This web site is for hard news only. No commentary is allowed.

by Anonymousreply 258August 20, 2022 1:55 PM

R258 It's just so witless. Frauen "snarking."

by Anonymousreply 259August 20, 2022 2:00 PM

The vow renewal is so she can have the wedding she always wanted but those meanies the BRF wouldn't let her have. That will be the spin and the new complaint lobbed at the BRF.

She will drive this point home in the promos for the episode with voiceover "finally my dream wedding come true as I had envisioned but was not free to pursue".

The episode will be sponsored by Glade Air Fresheners.

My sincere apologies to r234 if my nattering falls short of his or her high standards for constant wit and snark.

by Anonymousreply 260August 20, 2022 2:26 PM

R260 I detest "snark."

by Anonymousreply 261August 20, 2022 2:27 PM

r261, do you also hate spunk? Are you Lou Grant? He hated spunk. Or spooge. I don't recall which.

by Anonymousreply 262August 20, 2022 2:40 PM

R262. Don't say that. The Tra's will retrospectively turn the poor man into a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 263August 20, 2022 2:45 PM

I’m interested in Harry’s version of “Revenge”.

I suspect there’s going to be a delay because they want to shoehorn in a chapter or two about the Jubilee, and there’s a haggle about that. Presumably the ghostwriter has a contract that discusses “overtime”, or whatever the authorly version of that is. If he delivered a complete manuscript, is he obliged to keep adding to it after X date? If I signed a contract to deliver 500 pages of completed product by July 31, and I did that, I’m done. If someone wants more chapters, they’re going to have to pay me more. Or maybe it works differently in publishing.

by Anonymousreply 264August 20, 2022 2:46 PM

They would be wise not to use their titles in the ceremony. That would be perceived as highly hypocritical. But, then, what am I saying? Of course they'll use their titles...

by Anonymousreply 265August 20, 2022 2:52 PM

I hope and pray that Meghan wears a replica of the tiara she had her hopes on but was DENIED by that racist hag, The Queen.

by Anonymousreply 266August 20, 2022 3:06 PM

R266 According to some sources she was wearing a replica tiara at the 'spectacle'. I wouldn't be surprised. Would you trust her with the real thing?

by Anonymousreply 267August 20, 2022 3:09 PM

R253 Goid points but I think they play well with mine. I like your point about Harry not being blind. What that tells us is that what he saw and valued in her is the obnoxious persona we've all seen.

But I still think the four-year vow renewal is about more than Netflix. I mean that's really reaching for significance . . . Four years?!

He's not only conflicted, he's stuck in a corner he put himself in. They must know hotel staff heard the screaming, and that the only lasting image from the UN appearance is that truly disturbing footage.

Like almost everything else they do, the vow renewal reeks of damage control and desperation.

No couple on really solid ground does vow renewals four years and four months after the wedding.

R249

by Anonymousreply 268August 20, 2022 3:13 PM

Even "the family she never had" doesn't want her.

by Anonymousreply 269August 20, 2022 3:51 PM

Vow renewals at four years are a sure sign of divorce as far as I'm concerned. Seen it happen many times over.

by Anonymousreply 270August 20, 2022 3:57 PM

I'd agree - except these fools need "content" so that might be the only reason for the stupid vow thing. Plus her love of hurting other people (i.e., the first wedding the BRF put on for her sucked - she's already downgraded it by saying they were already married anyway)

by Anonymousreply 271August 20, 2022 4:11 PM

I HIGHLY recommend Revenge on Audible. The narrator is so over the top and fun. It really makes come alive, even though I have heard everything. Hearing the events chronologically really gives an idea of the rapid decent and fall of the Sussexes. It also gives some glimpses of how the Cambridge's retaliated and/or used the Sussex incidents to their benefit. As much as I love Meghan as the ultimate villainess & adventuress she is and not doubt she is cuntiest cunt whoever cunted, the one thing I will give Meghan is that relentlessly goes for it. I'm in the book as the begin the Oprah interview. I was thinking, as I thought before, that Meghan should have just enjoyed her Duchess of Montecito destiny, her gorgeous mansion, and faded off into the sunset. She would have won, at least by her standards. The only thing she has in common with Diana, which was crystalized even further in the new HBO documentary, is an addition the fame. The huge difference between the 2 is that I really believe Diana felt like an outside, one of us in a way, and she seemed to get real joy and satisfaction helping and talking with the underdogs of life. You can't fake that despite her other issues. Meghan is just a straight up LA gold digging ho with no class, which ironically is her favorite word and adjective. If you have to call yourself classy, you aren't. There are some many things not mentioned on the DL, little tidbits that haven't been discussed in the book worth pointing out, but I always forget by the time the primetime is unlocked.

by Anonymousreply 272August 20, 2022 4:15 PM

Where did this vow renewal story come from? As far as I can tell, someone here posted it as fact and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 273August 20, 2022 4:16 PM

R272 I like that about her too. She should star in a woke remake (even woker than the Reese Witherspoon one) of Vanity Fair. She IS Becky Sharp.

by Anonymousreply 274August 20, 2022 4:18 PM

R273, it’s circulating in the gossip underworld as “unconfirmed.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 20, 2022 4:28 PM

r253 Goid post but I thought the Harry laughing crying thing happened in 2019 and not recently? Where Gaby Roslin guided him away from the microphone? My interpretation of that was his mask shipped and he was laughing at the platitudes for the charity he came out with but didn't really believe in? Harry made clear in the prank call someone made to him pretending to be Greta the environmentalist that charity to him is a way to make lots of money for himself.

by Anonymousreply 276August 20, 2022 5:08 PM

R257 “Mom”?

by Anonymousreply 277August 20, 2022 5:42 PM

I've murdered the Queen's English! I shall be thrown in the Tower of London forthwith!

by Anonymousreply 278August 20, 2022 7:54 PM

So the wedding in St. George's Chapel on May 19, 2018 was NOT the wedding Meghan always wanted?

What did she want? Something like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 20, 2022 7:58 PM

So the idea of renewing vows has been floated about and is mostly criticized. Their PR machine will deny it was ever a consideration and back they ho to the drawing board.

by Anonymousreply 280August 20, 2022 8:00 PM

It came from Heat magazine, R273, which even in tabloid/gossip rag world is not a reliable source in any sense of the word. It's now being picked up by the less discerning tabloids like the Express. At this point I consider it pure gossip and nothing more until we get better sourcing.

by Anonymousreply 281August 20, 2022 8:27 PM

I hope for their sakes it is unconfirmed gossip, because, as stated above, vow renewals at four years begs more questions than anyone should want generated.

by Anonymousreply 282August 20, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote]back they ho to the drawing board

Well put!

by Anonymousreply 283August 20, 2022 9:08 PM

Meghan has been so nasty to so many people at every level I imagine she has unwittingly swallowed copious amounts of Servers' spit over the years.

There's probably a housekeeper in Montecito doing vile things to her toothbrush as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 284August 20, 2022 9:12 PM

R284, I certainly hope so.

by Anonymousreply 285August 21, 2022 12:17 AM

She's such an extreme cluster B case - I really think close to psychopath.

Who hates a little girl who just turned 3? Insults her, comparing her to another child - and I read she shoved her? (or set her up to be shoved?)

WHO? A person filled with rage with a severe sadistic streak. I hope we hear more about this streak in the "Courtiers" book? Can't remember the exact title, but the people behind the scenes who have seen this nasty piece of work in action.

That rage and sadism will doom her - more than garden variety narcissism, which hell, nearly everybody has in H'wood (and Washington). But not many are as far on the psychopath side of the spectrum as she is. She's scary.

by Anonymousreply 286August 21, 2022 1:29 AM

A whole new chapter is about to be written in September!

by Anonymousreply 287August 21, 2022 2:00 AM

She's bunny boiler crazy.

by Anonymousreply 288August 21, 2022 2:04 AM

Meghan and Harry will not get a divorce. They will have an uncoupling ceremony. Meghan will attempt to wear a Diana revenge dress knockoff and merch some Claire’s earrings.

by Anonymousreply 289August 21, 2022 2:33 AM

R287 Do you know if the new chapter will be included in the paperback release or in the US hardcover release (which Amazon is showing as Oct. 4)?

by Anonymousreply 290August 21, 2022 2:38 AM

I think this has been discussed, but did anyone catch the part of Scobie claiming he was 33, but was really 39 back in 2018, making him mid 40's now? Also, he lied about something about his ethnicity as well, but I forget what Bower said.

by Anonymousreply 291August 21, 2022 2:39 AM

Oh please,please,please let the renewal rumor be true ! It will be priceless fodder for the grist mills!

by Anonymousreply 292August 21, 2022 2:43 AM

They should renounce their vows instead of renewing them. I'd pay the pay-per-view fee for that.

R290, publication of the book really should be held up, so that the wreckage Meghan and Harry will cause in September can be included. It is hurricane season, after all.

by Anonymousreply 293August 21, 2022 2:55 AM

That Omid lied about his age (claiming to be 9 years younger than his real age, iirc), has been confirmed, R291. I think it was confirmed before Revenge was released but I'm happy it was included because there's a lot of people who didn't get the memo.

by Anonymousreply 294August 21, 2022 4:25 AM

Some say there's proof she just turned 45 not 41 -- something about school pictures/dates? I assume it's not in the book. Some of the royal "reporters" like Lady C and H. G. Tudor say she's 40 (and then they clear their throats like, 'yeah right')

I'd actually be surprised if she didn't lie about her age - aren't actresses (even actors) encouraged to do that to lengthen their careers?

by Anonymousreply 295August 21, 2022 4:29 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 296August 21, 2022 5:22 AM

R295, it’s a shame that actresses lie about their age in a desperate attempt to appear young.

by Anonymousreply 297August 21, 2022 5:29 AM

It just occurred to me, Harry and Meghan tried to latch onto JLo back in 2020. They sent out PR that they went out to dinner with JLo and ARod in Miami when Harry gave his one-and-only paid speech for J.P. Morgan Chase. Really, it sounded like they were part of a group dinner, not a double date.

Anyway, I think JLo gave them the cold shoulder (or, firmly warned them to back off) since they never again mentioned her in their PR. I bet Meghan now despises JLo and leaked this vow renewal nonsense because in her warped mind she thinks she'll overshadow their event (much like she used to do with Kate's birthday, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 298August 21, 2022 12:09 PM

R295, "Tudor" doesn't seem like he's all that interested in royal stuff per se: Meghan has been very useful to him but you can tell from listening to him that his actual knowledge of royalty is patchy, so I doubt he has any gossip connections. That's not a criticism: I think he's totally right to have identified Meghan as one of the most flagrantly narcissistic public figures of the moment.

As for "Lady" C, she will say anything to amuse/enthrall her army of ill-informed American fraus.

by Anonymousreply 299August 21, 2022 12:17 PM

I believe Bower himself announced that he would be re-editing and updating the book for the paperback edition, not the American hardcover edition. It's too late for the latter. Hence, the somewhat rushed feel of the last part of the book dealing with Megxit.

I'm still curious as to who leaked the Megxit story to Dan Wootton before the Palace announced it. Wootton states that he sent the story, as per custom, ten days before publication for denial or correction, but got no reply whatsoever, and then broke the story. The Harkles then asserted that they'd been "forced" by Wootton's story to blindside the Palace and make their own announcement.

As blindsiding the Palace seems to have been a tactic liberally employed by the Sussexes, I find it difficult to believe that they didn't engineer the leak to Wootton through a third party so that they could do an end-run around the Palace.

Wootton has never given a hint about who leaked the Megxit story to him, but I'd give a good deal to know. As the Palace had nothing to gain from it, and would very much have preferred to make a measured announcement itself in order to get ahead of the furor, I would guess that someone from the Sussex camp leaked it, on orders from the Sussexes so they could slant the announcement to their own agenda.

I am definitely going to read Valentine Low's upcoming book, "Courtiers". A goodly portion of it will have to deal with the Sussex saga, ditto the Charles/Diana/Camilla saga, and, farther back, the Margaret saga.

It will be better written, offer more insight into the Palace workings, and not mince words about Meghan and Harry, as Low was the journalist who got the first-hand accounts of what Meghan put her staff through.

by Anonymousreply 300August 21, 2022 1:03 PM

Tom Jr. keeps jokingly mentioning she is almost 50......

At about 4:00 mark he mumbles something about 45....

He also calls her "flamingo legs" in one of his other videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301August 21, 2022 1:51 PM

Cost of a ticket to Manchester event is 1000 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 302August 21, 2022 4:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 21, 2022 4:56 PM

LOL the event costs nearly $1,200 a day and those two are going to squawk about equality? And Meghan is giving the keynote? You can hardly make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 304August 21, 2022 5:17 PM

R295 You must not listen to Lady C. She has said things that turn out to be both timely and accurate.

by Anonymousreply 305August 21, 2022 7:06 PM

Okay frau, sure.

by Anonymousreply 306August 21, 2022 7:22 PM

The three-day Manchester Summit is one thousand pounds PER DAY to attend. The "brightest young leaders from every country and sector" aren't that bright if they shell out three thousand pounds to hear Meghan tell her laundry detergent story yet again.

by Anonymousreply 307August 21, 2022 7:46 PM

They want to feel important and royal and the cameras and crowds and charities are just stage props. It doesnt amtterhow much criticism they receive from those props, they live in their own world and comfort themselves with delusions.

by Anonymousreply 308August 21, 2022 8:01 PM

I'd love to know who leaked the Megxit news as well, R300. You could see people on both sides having motivation to do so (or believing they did, anyway). It's very plausible that it was H and M themselves.

Can't wait for Valentine Low's book either. It's not (so far) being marketed as a Sussex-centric book but I agree it will cover them and I think he might be my favourite journalist for Sussex coverage. He doesn't hedge or play coy, he's very direct without being trashy.

by Anonymousreply 309August 21, 2022 9:12 PM

It will be ridiculous if the US hardcover hasn't fixed the multiple tiny, stupid errors before publication. Not asking for Jubilee updates or anything that needs legal approval. Just clean up the mistakes that will be glaringly obvious to American readers.

by Anonymousreply 310August 21, 2022 9:58 PM

You mean like when Daddy Tom did the lighting for Meghan's school productions of "Damned Yankees" and "The Pyjama Game"?

by Anonymousreply 311August 21, 2022 10:17 PM

Those aren't unforgivable but the book is riddled with mistakes like that.

by Anonymousreply 312August 21, 2022 10:19 PM

Just started reading the book. I haven’t read the last couple of threads

But, first observations: poor Thomas Markle. He really pampered Meghan. She got a great education and had a lot of early success due to him.

Just what she did to him makes her a shit person

by Anonymousreply 313August 21, 2022 10:36 PM

OYW sounds like such a scam. Idea exchange, my ass. What actually gets accomplished at these things except ego massaging and cash changing hands? I suppose one could hypothetically expand their network, but who wants to connect with losers like Harry and Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 314August 21, 2022 11:20 PM

R314 It almost sounds like a money laundering or at least greenwashing/wokewashing event. National meetings and conventions in the US don't cost that much to attend.

by Anonymousreply 315August 21, 2022 11:48 PM

I saw a DM headline that Tom Markle's son wants him to have a Britney type conservatorship

by Anonymousreply 316August 21, 2022 11:53 PM

Tom Markle may be in dementia by this point, and advanced dementia can legally qualify a person for conservatorship. He's 78, it's always possible at that age.

So if he's in dementia now, he would have been in an earlier stage 4 years ago, which makes Meg's treatment of him even more dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 317August 22, 2022 12:06 AM

^That Manchester do costs £1,000 a DAY to attend.

Can you imagine people paying that to hear Meghan talk about herself?!

by Anonymousreply 318August 22, 2022 12:08 AM

R304 - Sorry, I missed your post upthread before I put mine up.

R315

by Anonymousreply 319August 22, 2022 12:09 AM

^*R316

by Anonymousreply 320August 22, 2022 12:10 AM

:"Can you imagine people paying that to hear Meghan talk about herself?!"

Besides obsessive Dataloungers, you mean?

by Anonymousreply 321August 22, 2022 12:10 AM

[quote]Just what she did to him makes her a shit person

This is one thing that kind of blew me away about the Bower book. It's not like you read the whole thing and at the end are left with the impression of an unpleasant person. It's that you can randomly open it up to almost any one page and find enough proof that she's a garbage human being.

by Anonymousreply 322August 22, 2022 12:16 AM

We interrupt this discussion to bring you this classy red carpet moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 22, 2022 4:49 AM

"My cooter itches yall"!

by Anonymousreply 324August 22, 2022 4:57 AM

I've only casually been following these threads (I've missed a few Revenge Parts - can't believe we're on 6 already!), and I haven't been talking to anyone about the drama that is the Harkles. So, imagine my surprise when I see my Mum at the weekend, and she casually mentions that she's just finished the book. She didn't watch their wedding and isn't much of a Royalist in general, so it came as a shock that she not only bought the book but had a lot to say about Meghan and Harry, none of it positive.

I think it speaks volumes about the reach of Tom Bower's publication; his take-down of the Montecito Duke and Duchess is attracting people who knew nothing about the pair before, and cared even less about the drama... until now.

by Anonymousreply 325August 22, 2022 7:52 AM

Just wait til TQ dies, people will turn on the Sussexes ferociously because of the stress they piled on her in a very obvious way.

And it will be '....for reasons well-known to him'.

by Anonymousreply 326August 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Stress is universal.

by Anonymousreply 327August 22, 2022 8:01 AM

So is back fat, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 328August 22, 2022 10:40 AM

Cooter scratch aside, WTF is Meghan wearing in that video? Another in a parade of hideous designer frocks. The messy hair and hand clutching speak for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 329August 22, 2022 1:56 PM

What does her hair always look like it's been styled by a seagull having a seizure?

by Anonymousreply 330August 22, 2022 2:06 PM

To answer the question about her age, Bower lists her birthday in the book as 4 Aug 1981.

by Anonymousreply 331August 22, 2022 2:39 PM

How much has Meghan cost Harry?

by Anonymousreply 332August 22, 2022 2:51 PM

In terms of dollars/pounds, R332, or in terms of reputation, standing, and sanity?

by Anonymousreply 333August 22, 2022 3:03 PM

That is the outfit that looks like she is wearing the top half of a very matronly bathing suit.

by Anonymousreply 334August 22, 2022 3:16 PM

[quote]How much has Meghan cost Harry?

Everything worth having.

by Anonymousreply 335August 22, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote]How much has Meghan cost Harry?

HIs family; his standing; his starting-point for relevance; the chance of emotional maturity; the opportunity for personal healing; the chance for a decent marriage; his career, the respect and tolerance of his relatives, his country's people, the Commonwealth and the world at large; the hope of not going down as a stained asterisk in the history of the realm well-served by five generations of his direct family line, as well as his father and his brother; and the always-unlikely possibility of not living and dying as a tiny-brained and dependent fool.

That's all. Well, if you don't count giving up a life of not waking up near the person who is his greatest enemy and, ultimately, worst traitor to his heart and well-being.

by Anonymousreply 336August 22, 2022 4:39 PM

How much has Meghan cost Harry?

A third orgasm.

Not tonight Haz, Archie and Lilibet have been such monsters today. I had to scold the nanny four times…before lunch!

by Anonymousreply 337August 22, 2022 4:53 PM

Meghan's prop, er, mom, is still in the picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 22, 2022 6:04 PM

Did Doria, the CEO of Loving Kindness Senior Care Management, show some KINDNESS and send poor old stroke victim Thomas Markle Sr. a home health aide to help him out? Or is KINDNESS something her and her daughter are totally devoid of? Or is the company in fact just a front for some money laundering? Inquiring minds want to know.

by Anonymousreply 339August 22, 2022 6:10 PM

^^^*she* and her daughter, not "her" and her daughter.

I'll "oh dear" myself and see myself out.

by Anonymousreply 340August 22, 2022 6:18 PM

Good point, R339, but he lives in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 341August 22, 2022 6:39 PM

No extra bedrooms in Montecito? No efficiency apartments available in San Diego near the hospital and doctors that provided his care?

by Anonymousreply 342August 22, 2022 6:47 PM

She's a craven fabulist, creating her past out of whole cloth any time she needs another corner of marketing to reflect another new trial/challenge/victimhood with a subsequent success/triumph/proof of her immeasurable brilliance and HUMANITY.

The fattest, dirtiest cunt in British history since Thatcher. And Thatcher had to work (as bad as she did at it) for her step-up with a title.

by Anonymousreply 343August 22, 2022 7:31 PM

Did we somehow slide over fabled author Lady/Dame Antonia Fraser (ex-wife of Harold Pinter), now 90, in an interview saying that the Oprah interview was "worse than a crime" and that she "vainly wished [Meghan] would shut up?

I know I take naps more than I used to, but could I really have missed this?

by Anonymousreply 344August 22, 2022 7:36 PM

Link to the Fraser comments on Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 22, 2022 7:38 PM

That old lady read her for pure filth ! Part of me has to believe that somewhere,deep down,that bitch Markle feels a twinge of embarrassment .Theres absolutely no one offering a positive opinion of them.No one of note,I should specify.

by Anonymousreply 346August 22, 2022 8:03 PM

Doubtful. For Megs any criticism of her is born of jealousy or racism. Nothing to do with her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 347August 22, 2022 8:48 PM

I’m no fan of Meghan—I consider her an insufferable, self-important nobody who kisses up and kicks down—but I disagree with DLers who think she’ll take Harry to the cleaners when they divorce (which they will).

First, I imagine there is a rock solid prenup in place (see:Sarah Ferguson) and our Megs is far too invested in her deluded vision of herself as a power broker to cast herself as a gold digger.

When they get divorced, she’ll be fine financially and she’ll know that her kids will be cared for. I highly doubt she’s n this for the money—she’s in it for the power, which she’s squandered. I sense she knows she can regain it if she doesn’t do a money grab in the divorce and leverages the victimhood to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 348August 22, 2022 8:50 PM

I don’t think she’s in it for power. She wants fame and the luxuries serious money can buy.

by Anonymousreply 349August 22, 2022 9:07 PM

After reading revenge, meghan is probably the most disgusting low class trash around today. What a nasty viper. Devoid of a soul.

by Anonymousreply 350August 22, 2022 9:50 PM

Pre-nups not applicable in English law ,Andrew just had no personal fortune.

by Anonymousreply 351August 22, 2022 9:52 PM

She didn’t sign any damn prenup. They couldn’t even get her to brush her goddamn hair or wear hosiery. They certainly weren’t going to make her sign a prenup. Harry broke with his brother over the suggestion that Harry take it slow and date Meghan a little longer before getting engaged. Imagine the horror that a suggested prenup would engender.

by Anonymousreply 352August 22, 2022 10:06 PM

I'd be surprised if the palace didn't make sure there was a prenup and everything was in place. They've had experience with this, and this close to the throne, it matters. Charles/Diana, Andrew/Diana - I mean, I'd be shocked if they were so slipshod that they let an "adventuress" take advantage of a member of the BRF financially - and also put his children in jeopardy. I would assume airtight trust-funds for the kids that she can't touch - probably one for her too, but carefully managed, like a wealthy person can do with his kids - put all sorts of requirements on the fundee so they can't just blow the money on... well, crap - drugs and unscrupulous people and things.

by Anonymousreply 353August 22, 2022 10:57 PM

* Andrew/Sarah - oops

by Anonymousreply 354August 22, 2022 10:58 PM

There was a lot of reporting there was no prenup. Odds are it isn't wrong, doncha think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355August 22, 2022 11:00 PM

Well - I see that prenups don't work in the UK. But surely they have some strings attached to Harry's inheritances - I mean, can you imagine the royal family not employing very talented estate specialists, who plan just for such a case - divorce - or multiple divorces - the grandchildren being taken care of in case of a deadbeat parent, especially in the case of the direct heir's two children.

by Anonymousreply 356August 22, 2022 11:14 PM

I hope there's no pre-nup. The fool deserves to get taken to the cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 357August 23, 2022 12:28 AM

She better get moving. At the rate those two spend there won't be much left to take. Those private jets don't run on their farts.

by Anonymousreply 358August 23, 2022 12:37 AM

Between the house

the upkeep for it,

landscaping,

the cost of all the PR,

private jets to wherever,

their clothes (and she probably spends a fortune to look as bad as she does),

polo fees and ponies,

servants,

bodyguards,

cars and their maintenance,

food,

money to her mother,

money to Scoobie Doo,

...etc.

The $20 million that Diana left him wouldn't have lasted long at all.

by Anonymousreply 359August 23, 2022 1:17 AM

Recent sighting of Meg on Zoom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360August 23, 2022 1:31 AM

Now I understand why Harry is so "concerned" that the Queen is "protected." He wants Buckingham Palace to start paying Loving Kindness Senior Care Management.

by Anonymousreply 361August 23, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote]polo fees and ponies,

harry wouldn't have to pay to play, he's invited by the Polo Club for his celebutard endorsement. He's a lousy polo player btw

by Anonymousreply 362August 23, 2022 1:39 AM

Harry got the US to donate $41 million to Mozambique. 😉

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 23, 2022 2:11 AM

Meghan's hair looks a bit more au natural than usual in that zoom shot. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 364August 23, 2022 2:38 AM

[quote]Harry got the US to donate $41 million to Mozambique.

Amateur!

by Anonymousreply 365August 23, 2022 3:12 AM

In the recent photo I thought her nose looked funny - wider than it's supposed to be. Then I looked at some other pictures from the last several years - and it varies, and it finally hit me, PHOTO SHOP. Of course! Sometimes she whiddles it into a thinner shape.

One of her lesser flaws - if she does it - but I think it's clear she does. Those July 4 parade photos had her looking 30 pounds thinner, but voila - next thing, she's back to like before. I swear, I now feel like I can't trust anything about her whatsoever. 100% grifter.

by Anonymousreply 366August 23, 2022 3:43 AM

Bowers estimated that Harry and Meghan would need to net 10 million pounds so approx 13 million dollars+ to fund their lifestyle. Charles was paying him around 1M-ish per year when he was a bachelor and he said he got something from "his grandmother" per year.

Something that I thought was on point about Meghan and this can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing but no matter the indignities she puts herself through, the sheer embarrassment of it all, she always dusts herself off and keeps on going. Also the balls to continue to try to take on the Queen and the Palace is astounding. That's a true observation.

There is great interview on the very fuckable Russel Myers Podcast, Pod Save the Queen, this week w/ Bower that is so good and worth the listen. He said the moment he knew Meghan was not what she seemed was the Oprah interview b/c she spouted complete lies that were easily fact checked. He also talks about the strategy to keep them in check at the Jubilee.

I finally finished the Audible and again, the narrater really brings the snark to the words. I can't remember what the last line of the book was, but it was so good - it ended with a zinger! I am glad I listened to it even though I have been following the threads.

by Anonymousreply 367August 23, 2022 3:50 AM

@r300 I actually know the answer to that - or did at one time- and it’s v dishy. I am forgetting the details and no way can I ask the person who told me but the leak did not come from camp Sussex. I believe William had someone working for him who was gay and sleeping with someone dan knew or whom he was sleeping with. That’s a rumour I heard amongst london journos. Harry was incandescent ab it actually and blamed William, who did not fire the guy suspected of leaking either.

by Anonymousreply 368August 23, 2022 4:46 AM

I think these zoom shots are faaaake.

by Anonymousreply 369August 23, 2022 5:23 AM

I think Bowers uncovered Doria's whereabouts during her absence from MM's childhood; certainly Tom Markle would have told him. He made a few portentous comments, eg, she smoked a lot of pot with her friends at home whilst he was at work, and she did not adapt easily to her role as MM's mother, but left out any other facts. Why was this?

by Anonymousreply 370August 23, 2022 6:29 AM

R370 Bower mentions that, that a year or two after Megs birth, Doria hit the road to "sell jewelry", relegating care of her daughter to Tom. Doria's parents were several times divorced, moved on to their new families without looking back, a stance which both Doria and her daughter inherited.

by Anonymousreply 371August 23, 2022 6:37 AM

^^^ behavior, not stance

by Anonymousreply 372August 23, 2022 6:38 AM

Comments like r330 is why I love these threads.

by Anonymousreply 373August 23, 2022 7:32 AM

Smeg’s Spotify podcast debuts today, who wants to take the bullet for us and listen to it and report back?

by Anonymousreply 374August 23, 2022 12:13 PM

[italic]She actually got one done?[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 375August 23, 2022 12:16 PM

R374 Sorry can't:

Have to wash my hair, sucked a REALLY big one last night so my gag reflex is a bit OTT today, have 30 days clean & sober & can't do it without copious amounts of vodka & Zanax, have to trim my toenails, have to crawl across a long bed of hot coals, have to trim Madonna's bush, have to look at Chrissy's holiday snaps

Hope this get me off the hook

by Anonymousreply 376August 23, 2022 12:22 PM

It may just be as simple as Doria being a deadbeat pothead. Seen plenty in real life, although, it's usually un- or underemployed men who live off their sucker wives and stay baked all day. Doria just decided to go live her life whatever way she wished, husband and kid be damned. People are so used to men taking off that it's difficult some women do the same.

by Anonymousreply 377August 23, 2022 12:59 PM

R374 The teaser, wherein the term "bitch" is examined...

and ending with "I'm sipping on an iced coffee in an underground studio with a duchess. Where are you?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378August 23, 2022 1:07 PM

The first podcast is with Serena Williams. The description says: Meghan talks to the one and only Serena Williams about the double standard women face when they are labeled "ambitious" and the ripple effect this has on other aspects of their lives. This groundbreaking premiere episode also features Dr. Laura Kray, a leading expert on gender in the workplace.

I refuse to listen to it and give this woman clicks.

It seems as if Spotify is not promoting this podcast. I could be wrong, but the articles so far published seem like Meghan's go-to publications. My Spotify app does not mention the new podcast at all, not even on the 'New Episodes' section of the app.

by Anonymousreply 379August 23, 2022 1:09 PM

On another site, a Spotify user listened to the podcast and said Meghan starts it off by once again recounting her dish soap story. You know, the same one Bower dismantled. Christ almighty she is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 380August 23, 2022 1:23 PM

Fell bad for Serena. This load of loose shit will make her stink as well. Can't believe Serena. is so poor that she has to get a big discount on her SS bill by doing this one. She usually has good advice. Bad move, Serena. Lie down with a dod with a bad weave you could wake up with fleas.

by Anonymousreply 381August 23, 2022 1:24 PM

Is this the same Serena Williams who told Tom Bower she really doesn't know Meghan at all?

Do the Sunshine Sachs clients all have to do whatever the SS orders them to do? Seems a bit backwards.

by Anonymousreply 382August 23, 2022 1:30 PM

Just checked Serena's SM and she promotes Archetypes on Twitter but nowhere else (at least, that I found). Maybe she was contractually obligated to co-promote for her episode and left it to Twitter since those posts will quickly get pushed down by new posts thus quickly forgotten.

Mariah Carey will be in the next episode. Makes me wonder if the reason there is so little fanfare for this series is people signed on some time ago but are now keen not to be associated with Meghan given her plummeting in popularity. Everyone but Meghan wants this thing to quietly go away.

by Anonymousreply 383August 23, 2022 1:34 PM

Poster upthread is correct: prenups are, as the man said, "more like guidelines" and may be taken into consideration by the court on a case by case basis, but they are not the iron-clad legal instruments they are in America.

Harry's inheritance is off-limits, period, end of. Only assets accrued after the marriage come into play in a divorce. If Harry dipped into his trust fund for a down payment on the house, then the house itself, partly purchased with his inheritance funds, is fair game in the divorce. But the trust fund itself is not.

When the Yorks divorced, part of the settlement was that Andrew use his own funds (he had a trust fund and an investment portfolio, he was not the cash poor sod he was made out to be) to set up a trust fund for each daughter. Harry, in a divorce, might be asked to do the same, and might have to dip into his own trust fund to set up trust funds for his two children.

But the actual trust fund itself is, ipso facto, off limits as "community property" or any legal channel for Meghan to claim.

The house, investments made with revenue accrued by the two in salaries, payments for appearances, book sales, royalties, etc., are what would come into play. As they don't own Frogmore Cottage, that, too, is off the table. That belongs to the Crown Estates. Its furnishings, however, if they include, e.g., valuable artwork purchased after the marriage, would be included.

I imagine that Meghan might also claim years of being unable to work to earn a living as an actress (let the laughter flow) due to her marriage.

All that said, I don't believe a divorce is remotely visible on the horizon. They're still busy fighting the BRF and establishing their problematic brand. Especially until Harry's lawsuits against the rulings of the Home Office re his security status are resolved, they'd be mental to pursue anything like a divorce.

If those suits finally end with RAVEC coming to the same decision it did initially, I think the handwriting on the wall for Meghan might be that their royal days are over. Then talk to me about divorce.

Personally, I strongly believe that the purpose of those two upcoming quasi-royal events are to present Harry to the Home Office as a royal with a real working presence in England, and therefore entitled to such protection, even though he isn't representing anyone but himself and his own interests, and not the monarchy or the country.

I don't accept as coincidental the timing of those two events with upcoming reviews of his case for Judicial Review of RAVEC's decision.

Nothing is coincidental with the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 384August 23, 2022 1:37 PM

Meghan recalls during the South Africa tour that Archie's nursery caught fire while Meghan and Harry were at an event. Archie and the nanny were not even in the room, and in no seeming danger, but Harry and Meghan wanted to cancel their afternoon plans to spend time with Archie. They were advised not to as it would create 'bad optics'. Apparently, this made Meghan 'feel small'. FFS.

by Anonymousreply 385August 23, 2022 1:47 PM

Doria figured out when Meghan was only 2 that she was an insufferable narcissistic sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 386August 23, 2022 1:49 PM

The nursery fire story falls into the same category as the married in the garden three days before the wedding extravaganza story.

by Anonymousreply 387August 23, 2022 1:59 PM

They're really laying it on thick with the PR. Spotify clearly has zero faith that Meghan can draw listeners without Harry.

[quote]Harry also makes an appearance in the episode, with Meghan saying: 'You wanna come say hi? Look who just popped in.'

[quote]Meghan and Williams greet Harry with 'Hello' in British accents, with Harry telling Williams: 'I like what you've done with your hair. That's a great vibe.'

[quote]Williams replies: 'Thank you. Good to see you too as always, I miss you guys.'

[quote]The duke responds 'Well come and see us', with Meghan saying they will make a plan.

[quote]As Harry leaves, Meghan remarks: 'Thanks my love.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388August 23, 2022 2:02 PM

I'm cringing at how out-of-date and clumsy Meghan is. Women being up-in-arms over being called "ambitious" is straight out of the Lean In era, which is almost ten years ago now.

by Anonymousreply 389August 23, 2022 2:15 PM

I only listened to snippets and as I expected Meghan deflects the conversation back to herself the entire time. Serena is something of an after thought.

BTW It's hugely telling Spotify dropped this with no fanfare.......

by Anonymousreply 390August 23, 2022 2:20 PM

That podcast sounds like their usual boring and preachy.

She could have easily done a lot more, she could do them after the children are in bed. What do she and Harry do all day besides look for their names mentioned online?

by Anonymousreply 391August 23, 2022 2:22 PM

So is it fair to say this will be a collection of people she knows or wants to meet (who she can get) and each theme of the week is one of her grievances?

by Anonymousreply 392August 23, 2022 2:23 PM

Will she interview the rescue chickens? Because that would be really great.

by Anonymousreply 393August 23, 2022 2:26 PM

Two of the most privileged people yet Cringe and Whinge always play the victim.

by Anonymousreply 394August 23, 2022 2:26 PM

Sorry I don't buy the story that Archie's nursey caught on fire while they were on tour in South Africa. You're telling me a fire broke out in the suite of members of the British royal family on a royal tour where there is a ton of press of staff and no one noticed...........

by Anonymousreply 395August 23, 2022 2:28 PM

Yep, total bullshit. But, she doesn't have much of a life nor a conscience, so she has to make up lies to fill the space.

by Anonymousreply 396August 23, 2022 2:34 PM

Yeah the fire story is utter fiction. I find it highly unlikely that in four years not a single eyewitness, reporter, staff member, firefighter has leaked that a member of the royal family was nearly killed in a fire. You're also saying that all of Harry and Meghan's biographers (Lady C, Tom Bower, Andrew Morton, Tina Brown, Scoobie Doo, etc.) have never found this out.

by Anonymousreply 397August 23, 2022 2:42 PM

Neither Meghan nor her PR fabulists are acquainted with the truth.

PR interns are working overtime concocting more anecdotes for her next lame ass podcast. They will have to step up their level of absurdity to keep up with Mariah. I wouldn't be surprised if she claims there was a kidnapping attempt they've kept secret.

by Anonymousreply 398August 23, 2022 2:48 PM

I also don't believe that Harry's son could have died in a fire and we never heard a thing about it before. Why didn't she mention this in the Oprah interview? I mean that seems a lot more traumatizing to me than Archie not getting a title.

by Anonymousreply 399August 23, 2022 2:51 PM

The Queen's great-grandson nearly died in a fire and no one has said anything .... suuuuureeeeeeeeeee

by Anonymousreply 400August 23, 2022 2:56 PM

It has one fucking like LMAOOOOOO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401August 23, 2022 2:57 PM

Nursery fire? On tour in South Africa?

First I've heard of it. And being told it would be "bad optics" tobspend the afternoon with their son.

Were there headlines in the Times, Telegraph, et al.?

by Anonymousreply 402August 23, 2022 3:11 PM

My God - so much whining from her! The MM MO seems to be nothing more than that: whining, bitching, moaning, rinse and repeat. Woe is their pathetic life and how incredibly hard done by they are and were by the BRF. They still sound like petulant spoiled teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 403August 23, 2022 3:13 PM

So, major incident, a heater catching fire in a royal baby's room, somehow doesn't make it into the news until . . . Meghan's long overdue podcast? And, lo and behold, serves as another stick to beat the royal ethos about the head.

No one hurt, kid wasn't even in the room, but they made a to-do about cancelling an engagement that their hosts had planned at least a year in advance.

Put the Cambridges in that same scenario, and they would have made a public announcement at the time that it happened, thankfully baby and carer were elsewhere, damage minimal, and gotten on with the job.

Not Meghan. Why waste an opportunity to show how cruel, heartless, anti-family, and anti-Archie the BRF are?

Saving it for a rainy day, as it were.

by Anonymousreply 404August 23, 2022 3:22 PM

Didn't Bower discredit the soap commercial story, that it was in fact a fiction made up by her father?

by Anonymousreply 405August 23, 2022 3:25 PM

R405, yes, it was completely debunked, not just by him but by Vanity Fair’s own research. Yet she can’t let it go.

by Anonymousreply 406August 23, 2022 3:40 PM

Finally turned in her homework, nice! The hair is so long in the cover photo. She and Kate are going to fight this battle to the death, until both have long straggly locks hitting the ground. Anyway the episode sounds predictably earnest, downbeat and boring but I might give it a few minutes of a curiosity listen.

by Anonymousreply 407August 23, 2022 3:50 PM

When you have an evident and implacable enemy like The Daily Mail, why would you tell porkies that will make life worse instead of better? Bizarro.

by Anonymousreply 408August 23, 2022 3:50 PM

There’s something to be said for doubling and tripling down as a tactic. I’d do it.

by Anonymousreply 409August 23, 2022 4:02 PM

Sure enough... the Maul headlines:

Meghan claims royal aides forced her to go on an engagement in South Africa after a fire started in Archie's room and takes swipe at being 'labelled' as ambitious when she began dating Harry in first Archetypes podcast with Serena Williams

by Anonymousreply 410August 23, 2022 4:07 PM

Does anybody really buy that with all the empowerment babble she constantly spouts that this woman, with her doggedly devoted husband at her side, avenging his victim mother and seeking a duel with all threats at every turn, would really have continued with her schedule because a staffer told her to?

Fucking come on.

by Anonymousreply 411August 23, 2022 4:16 PM

Daily Mail has a transcript of the podcast. I am curious the word count spoken by Meghan vs Serena. At a quick glance it looks like, as usual, MM turned the conversation back to herself most of the time. I'm sure one of you intrepid DL investigators can figure out how to assess the number of words spoken by each of them in the podcast. I am old so I do not know how to do it other than count each word manually which I would definitely mess up.

by Anonymousreply 412August 23, 2022 4:19 PM

r387 So the question is why is Meghan so addicted to lying and making up stories that often centre her as the victim or hero?

by Anonymousreply 413August 23, 2022 4:34 PM

r387 So the question is why is Meghan so addicted to lying and making up stories that often centre her as the victim or hero?

by Anonymousreply 414August 23, 2022 4:34 PM

Above r474 is for r397

by Anonymousreply 415August 23, 2022 4:35 PM

Why make up stories that can be so easily disproven? It doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 416August 23, 2022 4:40 PM

But enough about me. Tell me, what do you think of me?

by Anonymousreply 417August 23, 2022 4:41 PM

If William wanted to troll her (and I'm increasingly confident William just wants to forget she exists) but if he did, he would be photographed today wearing AirPods and fucking howling with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 418August 23, 2022 4:44 PM

Why would she have Serena on to talk about ambition since it is pretty much an essential aspect of being a sports star.

by Anonymousreply 419August 23, 2022 5:09 PM

One down, two more announced (Mariah Carey and Gloria Steinem). Any guesses or bets if she will be able to fulfill her 12-episode contract (or, if this thing will quietly die after a few more episodes a la 40X40)?

Spotify is very quiet today. That and the rumored difficulties in getting Meghan to produce something makes me think any hope of a contract renewal is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 420August 23, 2022 5:10 PM

The Times gives it one star.

Ouch: "The podcast is a tastefully soundtracked parade of banalities, absurdities and self-aggrandising Californian platitudes. The effect of all the tinkly music and vapid conversation is to make you feel you’ve been locked in the relaxation room of a wellness spa with an unusually self-involved yoga instructor. Even those sympathetic to Meghan’s plight (and I had once thought I might be one of those people) will find that the full hour of an episode of Archetypes will put them in an unusually grumpy mood."

"The listener’s overwhelming sense is of futility and irritation. It’s been two years since Meghan and Harry signed an $18 million deal with the streaming platform Spotify. This is only the second episode they’ve produced for it (their previous effort was a slightly less grating waffle about the “power of connection”). The executives at Spotify must be wondering whether they have spent their money entirely wisely."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 23, 2022 5:10 PM

[quote]you’ve been locked in the relaxation room of a wellness spa with an unusually self-involved yoga instructor.

I am peeing myself!

by Anonymousreply 422August 23, 2022 5:11 PM

[quote]One down, two more announced (Mariah Carey and Gloria Steinem).

Who's next, Dianne Feinstein?

by Anonymousreply 423August 23, 2022 5:15 PM

[quote]Comments like [R330] is why I love these threads.

Thank you r373! A dour DLer complained over the weekend that this thread is devoid of wit so I tried to step up my game. I made a typo in my haste to placate said dour DLer, *what* should have been *why*, but I think readers got the gist of it!

I'll be here all week!

by Anonymousreply 424August 23, 2022 5:16 PM

The Podcast is next. Did anyone listen to Meghan and Serena? I read that the mean royal family made her stay in the Africa tour after there was a fire in Archie’s room.

by Anonymousreply 425August 23, 2022 5:18 PM

Serena said before that MM was just an acquaintance, not a friend. Yet the podcast (I only read a part of the script) made it look as though they are bff.

by Anonymousreply 426August 23, 2022 5:21 PM

OMG ! Archie almost perished in a conflagration and they made her go to work ! proof that slavery is still very much alive ! Im surprised she didnt claim they beat her with whips !

by Anonymousreply 427August 23, 2022 5:29 PM

Here are other guests slated for future episodes: Mindy Kaling, Margaret Cho, Amanda Seales, Allison Yarrow, Robin Thede, and Ziwe Fumudoh.

Robin Thede is disappointing. Maybe she signed on a couple of years ago before Meghan's lunacy became apparent to the general public.

by Anonymousreply 428August 23, 2022 5:37 PM

I'm glad Serena is hitching her wagon to Meghan; they can both go down on with the ship for all I care about either. Serena, hon, you played tennis and excelled largely due to genetic gifts. But in the end, you're a person playing the GAME of tennis. Meghan, well, what to say?

by Anonymousreply 429August 23, 2022 5:39 PM

What's with the croaky voice? She sounds like she has half a ton of phlegm in her lungs. Cough it up lass and speak clearly.

by Anonymousreply 430August 23, 2022 6:08 PM

Just question...why would you need a heater in September in South Africa where the average temperature is 26C.

by Anonymousreply 431August 23, 2022 6:11 PM

Maybe she’s a closet smoker

by Anonymousreply 432August 23, 2022 6:12 PM

"Women of colour" only need apply, per R428. Tge only three cards she has to play: my mother's black, I have a vagina, my husband's nan is the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 433August 23, 2022 6:14 PM

Gag a maggot!! Does this college graduate not know the definition between an archetype and stereotype?

And still, the podcast sounds like parts from the first volume of Meghan's life story, from her very skewed perspective.

by Anonymousreply 434August 23, 2022 6:16 PM

The Reviews are coming in and they are terrible. The Times just called it a vapid pointless chat focusing on the host not the guest.

by Anonymousreply 435August 23, 2022 6:17 PM

It would appear that even her usual chorus of deluded defenders are embarrassed by this episode of Open Mike with Meg.

No praise. None. From anyone.

by Anonymousreply 436August 23, 2022 6:18 PM

R430, it's a voice trick. Elizabeth Holmes did the same thing. The point is to make the person sound more masculine so they seem more authoritarian.

by Anonymousreply 437August 23, 2022 6:21 PM

Lets just say this fire thing happened. Archie was not harmed and if they were told by royal advisors to continue on with the tour is because it would make their SA hosts look bad and good guests don't want to shame their hosts.

by Anonymousreply 438August 23, 2022 6:22 PM

Sparkles is like the guy who still talks about his Army Reserve experience 50 years later.

by Anonymousreply 439August 23, 2022 6:29 PM

Good guests don't, R438

But....

by Anonymousreply 440August 23, 2022 6:29 PM

Meghan's podcast isn't even trending on Spotify...not even in the top 50 most listened to podcasts.....

by Anonymousreply 441August 23, 2022 6:29 PM

r420 Are you sure her contract is only for 12 episodes? r441 Then the big bucks spent enticing the likes of Mariah is 💰 down the drain for Spotify.

Is Harry no longer interested in being part of the podcast? The contract was originally announced as being for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 442August 23, 2022 7:00 PM

R442, that’s a good question! They seem to be doing separate things lately. She probably wanted all the glory at first and now she’s getting all the ridicule.

Also, I’m getting tired of “diversity” meaning “WOC”. Oh. Gloria Steinem is white.

by Anonymousreply 443August 23, 2022 7:04 PM

It seems Spotify threw away a shitload of money for this failure. The podcast will be swiftly cancelled after it's first season.

That being said, in the battle between egotists, Mariah is going to win. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 444August 23, 2022 7:15 PM

Royal Reporter and DL fav Russell Myers saying this is the first time he heard of a fire in Archie's nursery and he was with the Sussexes on the whole tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 23, 2022 7:16 PM

Fire in South Africa.

Shouldn't the South Africans comment?

See next post.

by Anonymousreply 446August 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 23, 2022 7:19 PM

I might have to listen to the Mariah Carey one. It’ll be about being biracial, right?

by Anonymousreply 448August 23, 2022 7:20 PM

r445 It's a pretty pathetic and evil thing for her to lie about. What's the matter with her?

by Anonymousreply 449August 23, 2022 7:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450August 23, 2022 7:20 PM

Yawns ^^^

by Anonymousreply 451August 23, 2022 7:21 PM

Way to fuck over their South African hosts.

Is that retaliation for the UN debacle?

by Anonymousreply 452August 23, 2022 7:21 PM

It is mystifying why ANYONE wants to associate with the grifting duo.

In a court of law, it was documented that Markle lied. She and her husband are lawsuit trigger-happy and they continually badmouth and bully others.

There is a term for this: being “Markled”.

Why would anyone want their dignity, ethics and name entwined with these two?

What benefit could there possibly be??

by Anonymousreply 453August 23, 2022 7:24 PM

I would never listen to this kind of crap, but the DM's quote from the podcast (apparently) is exactly the Becky-Sharp Meghan I love: "Hey, it's me! I'm just excited to be myself and talk and be unfiltered... it's fun.... (People can get to know) the real me they've never gotten to know." Me me me!

She's such gossip gold.

by Anonymousreply 454August 23, 2022 7:24 PM

I never knew she had a sorta- Goop website called The Tig. Never heard of it before I read it in Bower’s book.

by Anonymousreply 455August 23, 2022 7:43 PM

"When you have an evident and implacable enemy like The Daily Mail, why would you tell porkies that will make life worse instead of better?"

Because nobody with sense believes anything printed in the Daily Fail? I mean I'm from California, and even I know!

by Anonymousreply 456August 23, 2022 8:00 PM

R455, The Tig has been chewed over for years, and I admit that for the first year or so... I wondered why the Meghan Haters were talking about that lesbian comedian.

by Anonymousreply 457August 23, 2022 8:01 PM

I might have a touch more interest if she interviewed women from all walks of life. Like maybe a top female surgeon, the gal driving a school bus for 30+ years who raised four kids, a female Air Force or Navy pilot (even an astronaut), a top female mathematician and so on.

So are most or all of the list represented by Sunshine Sachs?

by Anonymousreply 458August 23, 2022 8:14 PM

I love how Meghan refers to the British High Commission (with it's dozen bedrooms) as a Housing Unit.

by Anonymousreply 459August 23, 2022 8:15 PM

Good point, R458.

by Anonymousreply 460August 23, 2022 8:58 PM

After the break, we'll ask Princess Henry and his wife, Prince Meghan, why they didn't interrupt their wedding ceremony even though their baby was on fire.

by Anonymousreply 461August 23, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote]Why would anyone want their dignity, ethics and name entwined with these two?

Cash is king. And exposure of any kind is the life blood of needy and otherwise forgotten names of yesteryear.

None of these women have an ounce of sincerity. This is their kind of business.

by Anonymousreply 462August 23, 2022 11:44 PM

Why didn’t she ask JLo? I don’t recall a LATINA on her list of Archetype interviewees.

I am so mad at Margaret Cho. How could she fall for that lure?

by Anonymousreply 463August 24, 2022 12:13 AM

I mean, Mindy Kaling is just the kind of outcast-trying-to-be, a vain desperate try-hard like Meghan. But I guess they’re all that way.

I’d pay good money to see a Meghan - Gwyneth encounter.

by Anonymousreply 464August 24, 2022 12:16 AM

A girl’s gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 465August 24, 2022 12:17 AM

I wonder how the BRF feel about this latest slanderous lie ? If H&M still go ahead with their UK tour,then they have way more balls than I gave them credit for.You KNOW the British public arent going to be very warm and welcoming.

by Anonymousreply 466August 24, 2022 12:18 AM

Meghan's voice coupled with Mindy's voice? My head hurts just thinking about that kind of grating noise.

by Anonymousreply 467August 24, 2022 12:22 AM

The Margaret Cho one could be a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 468August 24, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote] I wonder how the BRF feel about this latest slanderous lie ?

Recollections may vary . . .

by Anonymousreply 469August 24, 2022 12:30 AM

Markles is such a scintillating interviewer, just stellar.

by Anonymousreply 470August 24, 2022 12:41 AM

Why was a space heater on in Archie's room when it was like 70°in South Africa at the time? Does she not realize she is characterizing the SA government as shabby hosts that gave royal diplomatic guest faulty equipment with this lie? What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 471August 24, 2022 12:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 24, 2022 12:48 AM

These guests are too old for Gen Z and even many Milennials. Nobody is tuning in to see what Mindy Kaling has to say.

by Anonymousreply 473August 24, 2022 12:49 AM

Prediction: We can look forward to one Extraordinary Revelation per episode. This one had the OMG Nursery Fire. What are the other ones going to be? (Would she dare claim someone threw hot tea at her?) Two things are certain. Every revelation will have the passive-aggressive theme of Uncaring Royals Forced Us To Continue With Our Duties even though teary-eyed Meghan was at the breaking point, and she will unthinkingly and stupidly embarrass a third party. Today it was the South African government for providing life-threatening accommodations to a Royal baby. And it's not even a true story, there's a kernel of truth in it (perhaps) that got greatly embellished.

by Anonymousreply 474August 24, 2022 12:58 AM

Here's the Telegraph, equally scathing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475August 24, 2022 12:59 AM

^*Ooops, sorry: this is the link to the Tellygraph's equally scathing review.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 24, 2022 1:02 AM

Margaret Cho stopped being cool years ago.

by Anonymousreply 477August 24, 2022 1:05 AM

R471 - There are already quite a few posts up in South Africa angry at her for throwing shade at their country, and calling where they put her "a housing unit". It was spring in South Africa and a balmy day, according to those who were there. What the fuck was a space heater doing on?!

Many of the posters from SA are saying that as not a single media outlet reported the fire, they think she made this up.

Nah, Meghan wouldn't make anything up (and I got a letter from Hillary Clinton - only I don't know what I did with it so I can't show it to you . . .)

by Anonymousreply 478August 24, 2022 1:05 AM

#MeghanMarkIsaLiar

Now trending on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 479August 24, 2022 1:10 AM

And there's Serena, another one trying to hoover up every ounce of fame and celebrity within her grasp.

I don't even want to begin to imagine the sugar-coated farewell montage tributes to Serena that we're going to have to endure through the upcoming US Open. But at least she has a body of extraordinary work worthy of respect, unlike....

by Anonymousreply 480August 24, 2022 1:11 AM

So, they had a space heater going on a balmy day in an empty room? Meghan really has given up on making her lies plausible, hasn't she? IF it really happened, there's no way she wouldn't have come out with "The horrible, racist RF made me go out and shake hands right after my baby nearly didn't die in a fire that happened in a room he wasn't even in!"

by Anonymousreply 481August 24, 2022 1:14 AM

Why does she DO this? This woman is a compulsive liar. And it’s not even “he said, she said”. She says these things in front of cameras in recordings that are broadcast everywhere!

She’s a sick woman. Really delusional.

by Anonymousreply 482August 24, 2022 1:43 AM

I know Harry is a bit dim but if she keeps lying doesn't he notice?

by Anonymousreply 483August 24, 2022 1:45 AM

I think he looked down nervously when she told that whopper about really being married a couple days before the wedding.

She lies like a first-grader trying to impress her new classmates - and my daddy gave me the biggest pony you've ever seen and I won this big race called the Kentucky Derby!

by Anonymousreply 484August 24, 2022 2:51 AM

[quote]Just question...why would you need a heater in September in South Africa where the average temperature is 26C.

And who leaves a space heater running unattended in an empty room?

by Anonymousreply 485August 24, 2022 3:09 AM

Next up: Monica Lewinsky

Monica: I got down on my knees thinking that would boost my self-respect. I had my face in the crotch of the President of the United States and yet I felt such loneliness.

Meghan: Gurl, Ghislaine Maxwell chose me to be Jeffrey Epstein’s best girl. I was on his private island and yet all I felt like was this unworthy girl from near Compton.

by Anonymousreply 486August 24, 2022 3:10 AM

Does Meghan's insinuation that the South Africans in charge of Merchie's accommodation could've killed him, rise to the level of a minor diplomatic kerfuffle wherein both sides have to have a formal meeting to acknowledge what she said, reiterating no such thing happened (South Africa) and nobody is upset about it (UK), everybody offers effusive apologies to everyone else, and then they all go off for drinks and make fun of Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 487August 24, 2022 3:24 AM

[quote]Does Meghan's insinuation that the South Africans in charge of Merchie's accommodation could've killed him, rise to the level of a minor diplomatic kerfuffle wherein both sides have to have a formal meeting to acknowledge what she said, reiterating no such thing happened (South Africa) and nobody is upset about it (UK), everybody offers effusive apologies to everyone else, and then they all go off for drinks and make fun of Meghan?

No. No, it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 488August 24, 2022 3:48 AM

Did Harry have a guttural reaction when he heard about the inferno in the nursery?

by Anonymousreply 489August 24, 2022 4:07 AM

I have a guttural reaction to the unfair archetyping of Duchess Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 490August 24, 2022 4:11 AM

A little OT, but Her Majesty regularly uses space heaters at Balmoral. That building is cold and drafty and it costs a fortune to keep the bad central heating running for the season.

by Anonymousreply 491August 24, 2022 4:13 AM

Nailed it, R462.

by Anonymousreply 492August 24, 2022 4:55 AM

R490 I thought that she’d been rebadged as “Princess Meghan”?

Much simpler if she just went with “Mrs Windsor” - stay at home mom and proud mother of kiddos, doggos, chickens and DH.

by Anonymousreply 493August 24, 2022 5:01 AM

Holy shit. Two years for this tripe? Megs, no one cares. And also, irrelevant to anything prescient. This is an Oprah show ca.1995. We have all moved on since that was nearly 30 yrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 494August 24, 2022 5:01 AM

British: "Recollections may vary."

American: "You lying sack of shit."

by Anonymousreply 495August 24, 2022 5:15 AM

r494 Meghan is firmly stuck in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 496August 24, 2022 5:22 AM

Tyler Perry tried to grant her the title of "Princess Meghan," a title which is impossible for her to ever have.

by Anonymousreply 497August 24, 2022 5:23 AM

Harry to the rescue to put out the fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498August 24, 2022 7:50 AM

#meghanmarkleisanarcissist

now trending on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 499August 24, 2022 7:56 AM

R306 Too lazy to check for yourself. Has anyone informed you that laziness isn’t an attractive trait?

by Anonymousreply 500August 24, 2022 8:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501August 24, 2022 12:35 PM

^Dear, you know that no one is paying the slightest attention to that automatic shit you put up every time someone links to a DM story, right? That the story is out there no matter what you do?

You won't stop the truth about your idol, you mental Meghanloon, no matter what you do.

The DM has done us all a favour and posted snippets from all the OTHER broadsheets mercilessly skewering Meghan's latest fiasco.

I wonder if Spotify has an OUT clause citing poor product performance? Or, of course, they could always pay them off: 50% of $18 million isn't chicken feed and probably worth having Meghan fuck off for good. Or will they grimly go ahead with the contract and keep wiping the egg off their faces?

I wonder what Netflix is thinking tonight? (Sung to the tune of "I wonder what the King is thinking tonight?" from "Camelot".)

by Anonymousreply 502August 24, 2022 12:40 PM

A few tidbits from the DM consolidation review piece:

"Meghan Markle's new Spotify podcast has been slammed by critics who said it was 'almost entirely preposterous' and 'just another way she can talk about herself'.

The Duchess of Sussex released her long-awaited Archetypes podcast yesterday in the form of a conversation with her close friend, tennis great Serena Williams.

But Celia Walden in the Telegraph said it was 'an interview with this inspirational sporting figure in name only', and that Meghan was 'interviewing herself'.

She also said the Duchess was the sort of person 'who hijacks every distressing anecdote with one of their own – only theirs is longer drawn-out, more distressing'.

The Spectator's columnist Steerpike said it was 'hard to believe that it took 28 people, including eight executive producers, to make the episode - plus Meghan'.

The review added that tennis enthusiasts who listen to the podcast to hear from Williams 'might be a bit disappointed' because it 'is in fact all about Meghan'.

And James Marriott in The Times described it as a 'tastefully soundtracked parade of banalities, absurdities and self-aggrandising Californian platitudes'.

His one-star review said the podcast will 'make you feel you've been locked in the relaxation room of a wellness spa with an unusually self-involved yoga instructor'.

But in The Independent, Clémence Michallon told how the podcast made it clear that Meghan 'made the right decision when she cut and ran' from the Royal Family.

She said the story about how Meghan had to carry on with her duties after her son Archie narrowly escaped a fire in his room must have been 'uniquely infuriating'."

Note that only the Independent, a notoriously anti-monarchist paper, had a kind word for the Fire In The Nursery story, without bothering to ask why a space heater would have been used on a balmy spring day of 70F temperature, and why no one, anywhere, heard the story, which insulted the Sussex's South African hosts and made quite a few of its residents angry.

by Anonymousreply 503August 24, 2022 12:49 PM

^P.S.: The Independent columnist writes on "American culture" for the paper, and is based in New York City.

She's clearly imbibed rather too much American culture, which questions nothing and worships celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 504August 24, 2022 12:52 PM

The Redacted Post Troll is trying to stifle free speech and a free press.

by Anonymousreply 505August 24, 2022 12:53 PM

So, no response from the people in South Africa? I'm sure the nanny and the baby weren't the only ones in the housing unit at the time.

by Anonymousreply 506August 24, 2022 1:00 PM

Spotify is in a weird position. If they continue broadcasting, Meghan will probably make even more outrageous claims (can Harry sue Spotify for allowing embarrassing content). If they cut the podcast, that’s fuel for Meghan to call them racist and she shouldn’t have returned after the Rogan kerfuffle.

by Anonymousreply 507August 24, 2022 1:04 PM

There are several South Africans posting online about their distaste for Meghan painting their country so poorly.

by Anonymousreply 508August 24, 2022 1:10 PM

“Thanks for, like, inviting me to your housing unit, I guess.”

Her decision to call it a housing unit and the contempt in her tone just confirms she had to be the guest from hell. And the daughter-in-law from hell. And the employee from hell. Etc. .

by Anonymousreply 509August 24, 2022 1:13 PM

Spotify has been very quiet. They, and their shareholders, are probably hoping this is all soon forgotten by the public.

by Anonymousreply 510August 24, 2022 1:13 PM

R510, or they're secretly hoping for proper ridicule by the public so that they can tell her without any problems there won't be any contract extension after the first season of Archeshytes.

by Anonymousreply 511August 24, 2022 1:21 PM

I didn't listen to the podcast. Did she really refer to their residence in SA as a 'housing unit'?

by Anonymousreply 512August 24, 2022 1:21 PM

Yes. She did.

The moment we landed, we had to drop him off at this housing unit that they had had us staying in," she recalled. "He was going to get ready to go down for his nap. We immediately went to an official engagement in this township called Nyanga, and there was this moment where I'm standing on a tree stump and I'm giving this speech to women and girls, and we finish the engagement. We get in the car, and they say there's been a fire at the residence. What? There's been a fire in the baby's room."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513August 24, 2022 1:41 PM

Small wonder she has to worry that no one asks if she's ok.

by Anonymousreply 514August 24, 2022 1:46 PM

I wish I'd lived to see how much better I'm looking.

by Anonymousreply 515August 24, 2022 1:46 PM

R513, "this housing unit that they had us staying in." You'd think they'd been forced to stay in a cement-block dormitory.

by Anonymousreply 516August 24, 2022 1:49 PM

R516. I included a picture of it above.

by Anonymousreply 517August 24, 2022 1:56 PM

I requested the Vladimir tiara, but the Queen gave me this headpiece unit thing instead.

by Anonymousreply 518August 24, 2022 1:58 PM

According to the Publication Which May Not Be Linked, "others" who recall the incident say that a heater began to smoke and was unplugged. That was it.

by Anonymousreply 519August 24, 2022 1:59 PM

With the housing unit issue, you know that the Brits vetted the place before the Harkles showed up, for security reasons if nothing else.

From the Bowers book, we know how demanding MM can be and with Harry “What Meghan wants, Meghan gets.”

I’m Team South Africa on the housing unit issue.

by Anonymousreply 520August 24, 2022 2:01 PM

Wait. She was told there was a fire in the residence and she immediately thought it was the baby's room? Did she plug in a faulty heater herself? She really needs to practice her lies more.

by Anonymousreply 521August 24, 2022 2:04 PM

As a northerner, when you plug in a space heater after it has not been in use for a period of time, you do get a smell of akin to 'the dust burning off the coils'. It kinds/sorta smells like something is burning, but there is no actual flame .... maybe she could have used the left-over air fresheners she ordered for St George's Chapel.

by Anonymousreply 522August 24, 2022 2:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523August 24, 2022 2:22 PM

R522. That is exactly what I thought. The dust smells like smoke.

by Anonymousreply 524August 24, 2022 2:28 PM

So who turned on the heater? Was it the amazing Zimbabwean nanny?

by Anonymousreply 525August 24, 2022 3:03 PM

One might anticipate the risks when one is relegated to a public housing unit.

by Anonymousreply 526August 24, 2022 3:07 PM

I have to give it to them. Just when you think they can't sink any lower, they find another way to shimmy under the limbo stick

by Anonymousreply 527August 24, 2022 3:23 PM

Serena must be okay with Meghan having spread her flamingo legs and flashed Serena's husband at that tennis match.

by Anonymousreply 528August 24, 2022 3:51 PM

Most people know the difference between "good" and "bad" ambition" but obviously Nutmeg isn't one of them.

Good ambition = I grew up poor but somehow I'm going to work my butt off, go to university and get a good job so I can take care of myself and my family and not have to depend on anyone else. I will use my hard earned talents and skills to become independent and not be a burden on society. I will treat all people the way I would like to be treated: with respect.

Bad ambition = I grew up in an upper middle class background with very BASIC skills and was spoiled to the point of delusion by my single parent. I don't need to work because Big Daddy will pay my way through school and university. I will play nice with people when I have to (eg. when I need them to secure employment) and ghost them when they're no longer of use to me. I will step on people who I consider to be beneath me (the help/staff) as I make my way to the top. I will plot to make an advantageous marriage to a dumb Prince who won't know what hit him so I can be rich and famous.

by Anonymousreply 529August 24, 2022 4:27 PM

Meghan in the baby's room: "It's fucking cold in here! Turn on the fucking heater in this shithole, the baby is a crying pain in the ass again, probably because it's freezing to death in this shithole country and particularly in this shithole house!"

Nanny: "But Your Royal Highness, it's rather too warm for the baby in here, may I suggest---"

Meghan: " "The baby"? Who do you call "the baby"?!? MY son is A PRINCE OF THE UNITED KINGDOM! He's a prince AND Diana's grandchild!!! Who do you think you are, peasant bitch?!?"

Nanny: "I'm sorry, Your Royal Highness, I just want Prince Archie to feel as comfortable as possible while you're away for this tour's engagements."

Meghan: "That baby wants what I want. And what I want, I get! And now turn on the fucking heater stat, you useless piece of shit, or I'll tell anyone somewhere in the future that you, your shithole country, and your entire shithole continent were trying to kill the baby because of all of you being fucking racists!"

by Anonymousreply 530August 24, 2022 4:45 PM

R484

[quote] I think he looked down nervously when she told that whopper about really being married a couple days before the wedding.

No, I don't think so.

I do remember that it was Harry who piped up with "...and the Archbishop of Canterbury" right after his wife came out with that wedding lie.

I remember wondering if she trashed him after the interview for involving the AofC. Perhaps realizing that the AofC would be asked whether her tall tale was true or not. Thus leading to exposing what a big fat liar she was.

by Anonymousreply 531August 24, 2022 4:50 PM

Years ago at that U.S. Open match, someone from Serena's camp told the press that Serena held a dinner with her friends and family that night. They also added that Meghan was not invited. To me, it was a roundabout way of letting everyone know that Serena was not truly friends with Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 532August 24, 2022 4:58 PM

Who know if the baby story is true. I suspect as someone said above that it might have been an odor created when the heater was plugged in. I’ll bet a version of this happened. I have a cousin who is also narcissistic. Her lies involve spinning a version of the story that has nothing to do with what actually happened. She thinks it makes her a sympathetic figure. We all know she’s not truthful.

by Anonymousreply 533August 24, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote]Bad ambition =

I will fully deploy my vagina as necessary to get what I want

by Anonymousreply 534August 24, 2022 5:18 PM

Can anyone make her plans/ end game make sense? If she wants to go into it us why would she trash other nations? If she wants to be seen as uber feminist/ working mom extraordinaire, why would she complain about getting on with the job, when that is what working mothers everywhere do every day? I just can’t make understand what she’s going for.

by Anonymousreply 535August 24, 2022 6:35 PM

Harry's book likely pushed back to 2023. Allegedly, Harry is debating removing some "truth bombs" after some worry the may be "subjective truth." Additionally, it appears Harry is reluctant to commit to a big promo tour (aka serious worries he may be booed or smaller than expected crowds will turn up).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 24, 2022 6:45 PM

I always thought that rumor that Harry's book would be released within a week or so of Michelle Obama's sequel was bonkers. Wait till it's a dull time - till Bower's book has faded from consciousness a bit although maybe a little interest is spurred by Bower's, like let's see what Harry has to say NOW ? But I'm not sure that's a 'positive' - more likely to have attack-dogs at the ready. But in six months, maybe a calmer environment? (although there's always Bower's revised edition coming in paperback, with a new chapter)

Oh I don't know - there's probably never a good time for Harry's book. If he takes out the salacious stuff, it'll be so damned dull. If he attacks Camilla, his father, brother, Kate, then it will get a lot of attention and probably more buys, but at what cost?

Thank god I'm not trying to manage these nincumpoops.

by Anonymousreply 537August 24, 2022 7:01 PM

He mentions me and he’ll regret it. I know people!

by Anonymousreply 538August 24, 2022 7:15 PM

If they thought it necessary to drop the fire story to promote the podcast, to what extreme will they go to in September at Young World to stir up another frenzy? Kidnapping attempt? Jewlery heist Kardashian style? Will there be a threat to one of their lives in Germany? Does Keyeleigh Thomas Morgan at Sunshine Sachs stay up nights coming up with this contrived drama or is it relegated to an intern?

by Anonymousreply 539August 24, 2022 7:27 PM

Oh boy, is it a dud.

To understand why it is such a lemon you only need to look at two numbers. Meghan, based on the word count from the transcript available here, was responsible for about 61 per cent of the conversation and Serena Williams, a woman whose achievements include 23 Grand Slam Singles titles and who is, in Meghan’s words, a “trendsetter, trailblazer, businesswoman, mum” only hits the 39 per cent mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540August 24, 2022 7:57 PM

^ Direct link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541August 24, 2022 7:58 PM

There she goes again, trying to hide her underbite sixth set of veneers with a gumby grin.

by Anonymousreply 542August 24, 2022 8:02 PM

It’s awful even from Serena. “Yeah. So I define myself as I'm Serena. I'm powerful, and I have a voice, and I'm not afraid to use it. And I really define myself as someone that's super understanding. And even how I try to be as a mom, I try to be extremely understanding, extremely thoughtful and extremely compassionate. I try, I really try to do those things. Um…and yeah… And I think above all, I’m just a mom. And I love being a mom.”

by Anonymousreply 543August 24, 2022 9:30 PM

"Enough about me... now what do you think of me?"

by Anonymousreply 544August 24, 2022 9:34 PM

R543 Serena’s compassion was certainly on display when she was beaten at the US Open by Naomi Osaka.

by Anonymousreply 545August 24, 2022 9:37 PM

#MeghanMarkIsaLiar

now trending on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 546August 24, 2022 9:50 PM

The only guest people may tune in for is Mariah. Her podcast is going to bomb.

by Anonymousreply 547August 24, 2022 11:10 PM

Re the podcast, Spotify's only real hope for an audience is for all the haters and scoffers tune in.

Nobody's actually interested in listening to Meghan's mealy-mouthed public do-gooder face, even her remaining fans just want to hear her dish about how to social climb and claw your way into the 1%! And that's not happening, is it.

by Anonymousreply 548August 24, 2022 11:17 PM

It took them how long to deliver a podcast? I'd be amazed if that book is released before 2033.

by Anonymousreply 549August 24, 2022 11:18 PM

New Yorkers have the perfect word to describe what Meghan just served up:

SCHLOCK

by Anonymousreply 550August 24, 2022 11:20 PM

Someone on another thread suggested that Ohanian, Serena's husband, may be an investor in BetterUP. That would explain why Serena keeps referring to Harry as her "life coach" and how she takes all her issues to him.

I'll wager this is where the Why Did Serena Do This? dog is buried.

by Anonymousreply 551August 24, 2022 11:27 PM

I've never warmed to Serena's personality, but had a degree of respect for her tennis career despite my inclination to give more credit to her genetics for her success than she does. However, now, I'm easily done with Serena. What a stoopid move to align herself with the failed actress Meghan and the failed Royal, Harry. Serena is another one to add to the 'hope she disappears off the media landscape' list.

by Anonymousreply 552August 24, 2022 11:44 PM

Serena is course and rude, I too think there is another motivation for her playing nice like r551 said.

by Anonymousreply 553August 24, 2022 11:49 PM

^^^^ oh dearing myself, that should be COARSE

by Anonymousreply 554August 24, 2022 11:50 PM

Gee, I think Serena could do better than Harry as her life coach.

by Anonymousreply 555August 25, 2022 12:01 AM

[quote]I've never warmed to Serena's personality, but had a degree of respect for her tennis career despite my inclination to give more credit to her genetics for her success than she does. However, now, I'm easily done with Serena. What a stoopid move to align herself with the failed actress Meghan and the failed Royal, Harry. Serena is another one to add to the 'hope she disappears off the media landscape' list.

Long Story Short......have a friend that works in an acclaimed position in entertainment in Hollywood. Yet, she’s [italic]behind the scenes [/italic]. She says Serena has some traits that are not too dissimilar from Markle: egocentric, demanding, self-absorbed and a bully. So Serena’s tantrum when she lost to Naomi Osaka was a small glimpse of how she really is behind closed doors.

The friend tells the story of her first meeting with Serena. Serena would not come down to the lobby restaurant to meet a group of people as she was upset about a personal issue (that had nothing to do with the planned meeting). When informed of this, my friend was encouraged by Serena’s PA to follow her up to Serena’s hotel room and meet her in an attempt to gently coax from the room to the meeting.

When friend arrived in the room, Serena was barricaded in the bathroom. When the PA announced their presence, Serena ROARED with one of the loudest sounds my friend said she’d ever heard. An actual roar - like a lion. After a few minutes, Serena then came barreling out of the bathroom cursing and screaming and “sweating like a chased pig”. The PA was frightened a bit and backed away as Serena gave her a small chase as if she were going to physically attack her.

This was my friend’s intro to Serena Williams. Needless to say, she is not impressed with the woman. And oh, Serena never did go down and attend the meeting in the lobby. She point blank refused to do so.

This was several years ago.

So, Serena and Markle together are no surprise whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 556August 25, 2022 12:02 AM

Harry is doing splendidly as Harry's Life Coach. He told her her new hairdo has a great vibe.

by Anonymousreply 557August 25, 2022 12:03 AM

Try that again.

harry is doing splendidly as Serena's life coach. he told her her new hairdo has a great vibe.

by Anonymousreply 558August 25, 2022 12:06 AM

I just checked the Times best seller list. As of four days ago it's still #1 on the General hardcover list . Hasn't it been out for six or seven weeks now? That's some longevity. I don't think it will be nearly as successful here, but I curious how well it will do. What a boon for that tiny publishing house.

by Anonymousreply 559August 25, 2022 12:23 AM

The PageSix bit on Harry's book is somewhat interesting. I believe the re-edited paperback edition of Bower's book is expected out in early 2023, well after the American publication of the hardcover; but also alleged to be out in early 2023 is yet another Scobie book, promising "revelations that will shock the world".

It would be quite something if all three came out in early 2023, wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 560August 25, 2022 12:47 AM

Sorry to be a pest but I'm not sure how to find a quick "take" on this: Does anybody know if Tom Bower's biography of Charles was neutral, pro-BRF, critical or a relative hit job?

by Anonymousreply 561August 25, 2022 12:49 AM

R561 Bower doesn't go in for "pro" anyone. He's interested in furor and money; his portrait of Charles was, shall we say, unflattering.

They're all unauthorised biographies. Here's a list of his other subjects - that should tell you something.

Robert Maxwell, Mohamed Al-Fayed, Conrad Black, Richard Branson, Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson.

I think Maxwell, Black, and Branson took Bower to court - they all lost. He did, however, have to make a public apology to Jeremy Corbyn, I think after characterising Corbyn as antisemitic (oh, surely not!), but no money was involved.

Maybe if he undertook St Francis of Assisi . . .

by Anonymousreply 562August 25, 2022 12:58 AM

Thank you, R562! Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 563August 25, 2022 12:59 AM

I didn't read it, r561, but the discussion I recall here was that it was rather negative about Charles and included details which might not be true (e.g. traveling with his full bedroom suite, personal artwork, and a padded toilet seat when visiting friends' homes). IIRC, he was criticized for not being much parent to Harry and Bower also laid into William for not picking up the slack and parenting Harry himself. I think Bower softened his stance in later articles he wrote.

by Anonymousreply 564August 25, 2022 12:59 AM

Thanks also to R564. Weird that he'd expect William, not much older, to figure out how to "parent" Harry. Too much to ask of Auntie Anne, Uncles A & E, or Grandma to step in? No, we'll put it on the other kid.

by Anonymousreply 565August 25, 2022 1:03 AM

Oh and Diana had sisters, didn't she? (I know she had a brother but I think he was in South Africa? Still, he could have stepped in, as well)

by Anonymousreply 566August 25, 2022 1:04 AM

Diana's sisters were at Archie's christening.

by Anonymousreply 567August 25, 2022 1:32 AM

If Meghan was truly sincere, had a good/honest heart, treated all people with respect, and followed basic rules of the monarchy she would would absolutely be a beloved superstar right now

Her shortcomings are what did her in, not racism or anything.

She’s her own worse enemy

by Anonymousreply 568August 25, 2022 1:41 AM

Was that Bower, R564, who had a go at William for not parenting his brother, or Robert Lacey? (or both?)

by Anonymousreply 569August 25, 2022 1:47 AM

I think Diana's sisters helped keep Harry away from William at the unveiling of that awful statue of Diana with the two children (who weren't her children). The sculptor made her look to manly imo. The whole thing was weird to me. Will there be memorials for Diana every few years from now until the end of time?

by Anonymousreply 570August 25, 2022 1:50 AM

* too manly

by Anonymousreply 571August 25, 2022 1:51 AM

I think it was Robert Lacey, R569. Bizarre notion.

by Anonymousreply 572August 25, 2022 1:52 AM

Did Meghan really say “layers of thrive?”

by Anonymousreply 573August 25, 2022 1:59 AM

I'm not sure r569. I might be conflating the two authors.

by Anonymousreply 574August 25, 2022 2:04 AM

Ugh Thomas Markle breaks my heart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575August 25, 2022 2:18 AM

Notice Harry always happens to "pop in" when she is doing something online, it's because he needs to make an appearance to make it legit. She is not an ambitious independent woman, without Harry nobody cares what a D List actress has to say.

by Anonymousreply 576August 25, 2022 2:38 AM

To be fair - he couldn’t be seen juggling his balls outside on a podcast.

by Anonymousreply 577August 25, 2022 2:42 AM

I still wonder WTF does Harry do all day? I can't imagine she lets him out of her sight much.

by Anonymousreply 578August 25, 2022 2:43 AM

I also care what Harry has to say.

by Anonymousreply 579August 25, 2022 3:13 AM

Did she introduce herself as Meghan, Duchess of Sussex on the podcast?

by Anonymousreply 580August 25, 2022 3:13 AM

Plays with kids, plays video games, naps, watches TV, messes around on the internet, maybe vape pot/nicotine p, drinks a few beers.

by Anonymousreply 581August 25, 2022 3:15 AM

Didn't Diana do the parenting? I remember Earl Spencer saying something at Diana's funeral about her remarkable parenting style. She took them on the log ride at some amusement park.

by Anonymousreply 582August 25, 2022 3:16 AM

Anything Earl Spencer at that funeral should be taken with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 583August 25, 2022 3:17 AM

Neither Charles or Diana did much parenting. That's what nannies are for.

by Anonymousreply 584August 25, 2022 3:18 AM

I wonder how much Thomas Markle sacrificed,how much happiness he let go by just to spoil that monster ?Did he date ? Have friends? He seemed well thought of in his work life.Did Meghan drive away prospective mates ? I couldnt see her sharing her bank with some other woman. He is a broken dying man now,and she cant reach out PRIVATELY and offer some sort of tenderness for the man who gave her a much better life than that mother ever would ? I respect the game but Jesus Meghan,show a sliver of humanity .

by Anonymousreply 585August 25, 2022 3:18 AM

Doesn't Harry drive her back and forth to LA so that she can "work" in the Beverly Hills Hotel?

by Anonymousreply 586August 25, 2022 3:20 AM

I love how these Millennial heaux think gold digging = ambition.

Whatever happened to law school?

by Anonymousreply 587August 25, 2022 3:24 AM

[quote] I respect the game .....

What [bold] game[/bold] do you respect, R585? “Shoddy and Unethical Behaviour”?

by Anonymousreply 588August 25, 2022 4:12 AM

I wonder, R576, how much strong-arming, implied legal threats and tears it took from Meghan for Spotify to accept this Harry-less pod from the Sussexes (they signed with BOTH of them). It's not that anyone cares about anything Harry has to say, but he is definitely the draw, and his royal connection is part of it. Nobody would give a fuck about MM if she wasn't married to him.

by Anonymousreply 589August 25, 2022 4:16 AM

Thomas said that he suffered a lot of injury doing his work, lifting and carrying heavy lighting equipment. He worked all hours of the day. He's had a heart attack and a stroke. He's old, alone, ill, and not well-off. How anyone can interact with MM on any level, listen to her complain, listen to her preach kindness and compassion, and not confront her with her hypocrisy is a mystery to me.

by Anonymousreply 590August 25, 2022 4:58 AM

Serena has always seemed an unbalanced, crazed psycho.

No big surprise to hear she’s such a freak.

by Anonymousreply 591August 25, 2022 5:04 AM

[quote] Serena has always seemed an unbalanced, crazed psycho. No big surprise to hear she’s such a freak.

Yep. She really is. Believe highly perceptive people can tap into this. There are others that are so enamoured by her athletic prowess that they cannot see the bad behavior and bullying. (She also intimidates physically: that is, she makes physical threats via body language and vile language.) Again this is something that people know via working with her outside of the public view. Just as with Ellen, there are “incidences” with others, but they have yet to make their way into the public consciousness.

Reportedly, her husband is messed up also. As is their dynamic. Some have suggested they will be surprised if the two don’t eventually divorce.....

by Anonymousreply 592August 25, 2022 5:20 AM

Maybe Meghan picked up on the Williams- Ohanian tension and capitalized with her Basic Instinct crotch shot aimed at hapless Alex?🤔

[QUOTE]Serena has always seemed an unbalanced, crazed psycho. No big surprise to hear she’s such a freak.

She wa never socialized to be a proper, decent human being, of any race or ethnicity. Her social and emotional development stymied once her father demanded focus on tennis and tennis only. Her behavior only suggests her intellectual and emotional development lag at least a couple of decades behind her chronological age.

In other words, she has no real life coping skills and freaks the fuck out when she's frustrated. Almost like a toddler at loose ends who has to be put down for a nap. Except she's really huge and muscular and commands multi-millions with, at best, an adolescent's extremely ego-driven perspective on the world.

by Anonymousreply 593August 25, 2022 6:50 AM

William is only tep years older than Harry. The idea that he should have served in loco parentis for his brother is worse than unfair: it's psychologically and emotionally impossible.

Robert Lacey picked that theme up in his book about the brothers last year, and when he got slammed for it, also softened that aspect of his not terribly enlightening book in the later edition.

Diana's brother is now Earl Spencer, and lives in South Africa. His son, Viscount Althrop, is now the heir to the earldom. Her two sisters made apparently happy, long marriages, and have five children between them, and presumably some young grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 594August 25, 2022 10:26 AM

Why would Meghan make a play for Serena’s husband. He looks very basic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595August 25, 2022 10:57 AM

He may be basic looking but he's basically loaded.

by Anonymousreply 596August 25, 2022 10:59 AM

Serena has to be doping. She was always an athletic-looking woman, but she is huuuge now. I think it’s disturbing to her husband. She’s got bad body dysmorphic disorder, and grooves off the power of intimidating regular people. “Do I look puny? I look puny” and she pops another roid pill.

I can’t stand her, so I don’t even care.

by Anonymousreply 597August 25, 2022 11:09 AM

The only episode people have said they are interested in is the Mariah Carey one. And only to see how two egos will share the mic.

by Anonymousreply 598August 25, 2022 11:16 AM

R567, Diana's sisters had to be there so that, like fairy godmothers, their Diana magic could rub off on the child and also so that Harry could rub his preference for the Spencer side of things in the Royal Family's face.

The two women looked quite awkward, to be honest. As well as anything else, Lady Fellowes' husband was once a senior courtier, so I'm sure she saw right though Harry's (already transparent) manoeuvres.

Plus we know from the Bower book that the Spencers were all mystified at Harry's insistence that Meghan's plight mirrored Diana's.

by Anonymousreply 599August 25, 2022 11:44 AM

[quote] Some have suggested they will be surprised if the two don’t eventually divorce.....

Don't half of all marriages end in divorce? Really going out on a limb there, Cassandra.

by Anonymousreply 600August 25, 2022 12:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!