Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Montauk beach house owned by Daryl Roth, Jordan’s mom, is for sale.

216 Old Montauk Highway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2022 8:08 PM

Beautiful until the hurricane washes it away.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 8:08 PM

Hideous new build and a video tour? NO!

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 8:14 PM

Tacky. Tacky. Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 8:16 PM

How much, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 8:17 PM

22.5M

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 8:19 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 8:20 PM

You tell us whose house it is OP, and I still had no clue. How I regret searching only to see photos of this revolting human scab.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 8:25 PM

Are we supposed to know who Daryl Roth and and Jordan are?

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 8:46 PM

DO NOT DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR THE LATTER, R8 - It's difficult to wash away the images.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 8:50 PM

I love it. But not for 22.5 million.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 9:48 PM

Oh, all right…I guess I’ll take it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 9:52 PM

Montaul is too far out. It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 9:54 PM

The exterior envelope of the house cannot be altered as it sits so close to the water. The neighboring houses are all set back much further. A house could not be built there today.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 10:11 PM

Holy shit, is Daryl still alive?! I met her professionally about 20 years ago and she was a 110 then. BTW, Daryl's had more work done on her than that house, and Jordan has had more workers inside him.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 10:29 PM

The nutty thing is that Daryl always just used this house as a little “escape” when they would have a lot of company at her bigger house on Georgica Pond in East Hampton, only about 10 miles away. She probably spent less than two weeks a year here if you added up all the nights.

But hey, that’s the luxury of having several billion dollars to play with. Daryl’s a nice lady though and not pretentious or showy, despite how owning two houses worth probably a combined $60 million within 10 miles of one another might seem. Even Jordan, crazy as he may be, is a nice person under all the attention whore artifice… but he’s best in very small doses, as being around him for more than a dinner date every few months can get really tedious.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 1:35 PM

Welcome to the dentist's office waiting room at a beach house.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 1:40 PM

I assume all the window dressings are lined in blackout fabric in order to protect precious Jordan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2022 1:50 PM

Does the house have a built in runway so the tranny son can model his latest party gowns?

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2022 1:55 PM

I certainly can't run my usual complaint that the ceilings are too low. Some lovely light-filled rooms there.

But it's on the frontal dune: in other words, it'll be cactus given the right succession of flooding rains and king tides. I wonder whether it's even insurable?

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2022 2:35 PM

The Roths are close friends of Trump and have donated plenty of money to him.

This house is canceled!

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 3:32 PM

Jordan Roth is beautiful (just Googled him cos I didnt know who he was cos I dont know theatre)

This house, not so much. Like R2 and R3 said, its a tacky new build. Cant make its mind up whether its modern or traditional, so its got the worst of both worlds. The traditional elements like the columns just look wrong. And the colours are underwhelmingly dull, although at least they are warm colours. R16 summed it up beautifully - it looks like someone mushed a dentist or medical centre in with a beach house.

And its 22.5 million and vulnerable to storm surges that close to the sea. Pass

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 3:44 PM

I can’t wait to see its transformation into driftwood in the aftermath of the next 500 year Nor’easter.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 3:44 PM

R22 that might be an improvement at least aesthetically

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 3:45 PM

R20 that’s Steve Roth, Daryl’s hubby and Jordan’s dad, who are both the polar opposite of him politically.

Jordan doesn’t have a great relationship with Steve because they disagree on most things in life. Daryl, well just she puts up with him… but I think that’s probably the case in a lot of families these days with GOP politics being so extreme. Anyway, cancel Steve but not Daryl or Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2022 7:37 PM

Daryl appears very cozy and friendly with Trump in photos.

She gets canceled along with Steve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2022 7:48 PM

"Daryl Roth is the seemingly beloved producer of — as she will tell you repeatedly — multiple Pulitzer Prize — winning plays, winner of ten Tony Awards, and proud mother of unskilled, spoiled son Jordan, for whom she and husband Steven (of Vornado Realty Trust, who was born in the 1941 milk-of-human-kindness drought) purchased the Jujamcyn theatres. Sippy cups and premium tickets have ensued."

Daryl Roth appeared on Trump’s NBC program “The Apprentice.”

Daryl and Steven Roth attended the wedding of Donald Trump and Melania Knauss.

Daryl and Steven Roth attended the “American carnage” inauguration of Donald Trump, and Steven Roth was also present at the desultory “victory” party for Trump on election night.

Daryl Roth happily accepted an invitation from Trump to join the Board of Governors of the Kennedy Center, along with other bastions of cultural worth such as Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas and Jon Voight, who has asked us to thank God for the rise and reign of Donald J. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2022 7:49 PM

A veritable festival of beige!

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2022 8:01 PM

Movie night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2022 8:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!