Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Andrew Shue's career go straight down the shitter?

He was good-looking, even after Melrose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2022 11:37 PM

Are you fucking kidding, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 7:40 PM

Because he wore jeans at D&D.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 7:42 PM

He intentionally left acting after "Melrose" was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 7:42 PM

I'm not kidding about him staying good looking for many years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 7:42 PM

He was an incredibly poor actor. I mean, I love MP and Billy was hot and gave us some great TV but holy shit he sucked.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 7:43 PM

But his activities after acting didn't amount to much, either. So why the big zero? He and his sister seem like weirdos. I get a 2nd generation Up With People vibe.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 7:44 PM

Nice looking but too preppy for my tastes. His sister also not a great actor despite the oscar. They have family $$ so correctly don't give a shit about Hollywood famewhoring.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 7:45 PM

Ah. Half old WASP. I understand now.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 7:48 PM

Being on a nighttime soap pretty much destroys any future career. Heather Locklear was able to make the complete leap to a non soap in prime time, but she’s the rare exception.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 7:52 PM

He was so hawt.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 7:53 PM

He had an annoying lisp. Courtney Thorne Smith and Heather Locklear must have been covered in his spittle at the end of a scene.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 7:55 PM

Shue is extremely lucky that his wife, TV journalist at ABC, Amy Robach, is gainfully employed!

He's a terrible actor. He must be a much better husband, they've been married since 2010. He has three sons from his first marriage.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 7:56 PM

I've only recently started watching the show and am still on season 1. Shue has been horrible in every episode I've seen. He's somewhat cute, but a horrible actor. Does he get any better?

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 8:15 PM

R13, he does not.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 8:17 PM

I could not stand his lisp.

Holy Christ it was irritating.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 8:29 PM

His lips were always wet, which was odd.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 8:29 PM

Looks like he’s packing in the underwear pic.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 8:30 PM

Supposedly, Andrew Shue is worth $100 million. He didn't get that from Melrose Place or from wife, Amy Robach's salary at ABC.

Shue was born in Wilmington, Delaware. His mother, Anne Brewster (née Wells; born 1938), is a bank executive who was the vice president of the private division of the Chemical Bank Corporation. His father, James William Shue (born 1936 – died May 24, 2013), was a lawyer and real estate developer who was the president of the International Food and Beverage Corporation and was active in Republican politics, having once unsuccessfully run for the U.S. Congress in New Jersey. His mother was a descendant of Pilgrim leader William Brewster and his father was of German ancestry, from Pennsylvania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 8:32 PM

Has he presented hole?

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 8:37 PM

I think his wife founded a Baby website (Clubmom?) back in Internet 1.0 days and maybe sold it to P&G for millions?

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 8:39 PM

Melrose Place wasn't really known for great acting, but he the worst of the main cast members. He really had very little experience or training before and really showed. He just sorta fell into acting and got really lucky. I think he knew that though and didn't really have a passion for it and moved on to something else he did have a passion for.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 8:39 PM

I looked it up. Apparently HE founded ClubMom which became CafeMom with his childhood friend. It was very successful.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 8:42 PM

He didn't suck the right cock

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 8:44 PM

He is still so hot

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 8:44 PM

Shue's gots $$$$$ Bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 8:46 PM

Master acting scene between Andrew Shue and Kristin Davis on Melrose Place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 8:50 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 8:51 PM

Loves football (soccer).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 8:54 PM

R26 OMG that's hilarious. Like a Second City or SNL skit.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 8:54 PM

Is he still fucking that "cancer-ridden Bitch" of a wife?

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 8:55 PM

So butch.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 8:56 PM

Shue was a college soccer player who Aaron Spelling randomly spotted and gave the gig on Melrose Place to. He wasn't even interested in acting at that point.

He wasn't a great soccer player after college and he wasn't a great actor and he knew it.

He quit acting and eventually founded DoSomething (and CafeMom which is up above). DoSomething is still around and pretty big to this day.

It's a combination of acting being something he tried and not his actual passion.

I still remember Adam Sandler playing his Melrose Place character on SNL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 8:58 PM

He and Kristen Davis were well matched in terms of talent. I think she was worse than him.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 8:58 PM

Catching Emirates game back in 2015 with I believe are his sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 8:59 PM

That scene at r26 is so funny. It's like he knew he wasn't going to act with KD much longer and he decided that for some reason that meant he didn't have to try anymore. Also the scene's pacing is insane...or perhaps nonexistent is a more precise. It goes from their sitting down to dinner to her throwing a plate (with garish breaking sound effect) in 0.5 seconds. And what was up with the sound quality? Amazing. Good times, good times.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 9:02 PM

I haven't gone through this thread, so this have been repeated

But he decided to retire from acting and go back to what he liked doing, playing Soccer

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 9:04 PM

I"d like him to visit my casting couch. He always looked so delicious.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 9:11 PM

r32, I had completely forgotten that David Spade played Jane! That's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2022 9:47 PM

That clip at R26 is hysterical! Andrew and Kristen together is bad acting camp gold. I don't even think Olivier could make something of that scene, but give it to those two and it turns into high quality comedy.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2022 11:08 PM

Wow, that clip was really awful. Kristen Davis certainly found her niche and level with SATC! I didn't realize what a terrible actress she was.

Andrew is completely awful, how did he ever get any acting gigs?!

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2022 11:55 PM

It's certainly a mystery why he got hired, R40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 12:00 AM

Shue was at his "best" on Melrose in Season 1 before the show became a major soap opera as he was pretty much playing himself and he came off as a cute earnest puppy dog as Billy. His nadir acting wise on the show was when Billy became evil after Brooke died.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 12:33 AM

Elisabeth never got an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2022 12:37 AM

I can’t believe Amanda let Billy wear jeans to work.

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2022 12:59 AM

What was his connection to Zimbabwe? Was he born there or did his family live there? I have a vague recollection of something but I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2022 1:04 AM

He owned farms in Zim, r45. He flew over to defend them from looting/reclamation during some troubles and manned a machine gun turret/fought hand-to-hand for his land. There’s footage of it online somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote]He intentionally left acting after "Melrose" was cancelled.

The other way around — acting intentionally left Andrew Shue.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2022 1:36 AM

Today Billy would be accidentally presenting hole during a work-from-home Zoom meeting.

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2022 1:38 AM

It's weird that Melrose Place was such a long-running hit, yet none of the gorgeous male leads came out of it with any career to speak of at all.

I was working in a small 42nd St. theater in the late 80s and watched Thomas Calabro get changed in the men's dressing room a couple times. He was so beautiful it hurt.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2022 1:54 AM

Andrew's mother's name was Anne Wells!

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2022 2:05 AM

Was Andrew fighting Hand to hand combat with the dark sweaty Zulus, were they rubbing& touching and sweating all over each other? Did they shoot their massive loads all over each other chests and faces? Lick it off BB!!

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2022 6:52 PM

I was surprised Thomas Calabro didn't have a better career. He aged very well and wasn't a bad actor when given good material.

Doug Savant did get Desperate Housewives and Grant Show has worked consistently and had regular roles on Devious Maids and the Dynasty reboot. Both probably have no problems paying the bills.

Of the women, I'm surprised Laura Leighton hasn't had a better career. She's worked consistently, but nothing nearly as good as what she was given as Sydney on MP.

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2022 7:36 PM

I miss Daphne Zuniga doing bigger things. She had a nice likable quality no matter the role she was playing.

by Anonymousreply 53August 16, 2022 1:06 AM

Is Laura L still married to Doug Savant?

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2022 1:17 AM

Andrew’s first screen appearance was as a frat guy with no lines in his sister’s movie Adventures In Babysitting. He’s the dude toward the end of the bar next to the girl with the dark sweatshirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2022 1:20 AM

I enjoyed season 1, before it became the Amanda Show. I liked Vanessa Williams’s Rhonda and Amy Locane’s Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2022 1:24 AM

Laura Leighton married Doug Savant, didn't she?

Lucky slut!!

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2022 2:32 AM

Indeed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2022 3:21 AM

Thomas Calabro has been working steadily, but yeah, it's kind of weird how low-rent it all is. I would have expected better of all the actors on that show. Almost none of them went very far. Doug Savant probably the farthest, with Grant Show a close second maybe?

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2022 5:41 AM

Courtney Thorne-Smith worked the most consistently and even got another long-running series with According To Jim.

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2022 6:17 AM

"Melrose Place" was just a really silly soap opera. I am amazed that any of them got any significant work after it. Courtney Thorne-Smith found several jobs afterwards, and Marcia Cross and Doug Savant switched to another, even sillier soap opera with "Desperate Housewives." That Kristin Davis found work after "Melrose" and is still working is astonishing. Laura Leighton genuinely had some talent, so I'm surprised she didn't pop up more often. Josie Bissett, who was genuinely pretty but had zero acting talent, so I'm not surprised not much happened with her. Andrew Shue was so awesomely untalented that he was wise to leave acting. I'm glad he;'s done well (though rich kids usually do well if they have both gumption and intelligence).

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2022 6:25 AM

People also seem to forget that Courtney Thorne-Smith was on Allie McBeal for years and then went straight to According to Jim. She was literally on a television series for fifteen years straight.

by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote]It's certainly a mystery why he got hired, [R40].

Oh please, tons of attractive actors and actresses CAN actually act. Not every attractive performer is devoid of talent.

Unless you are a fashion model, most people are not hired solely on their looks, especially for films and TV shows. The audience isn't as stupid as you assume they are, they know bad acting when they see and hear it. Who cares how attractive this man was/is, he cannot act for shit. He's so monotone, there's no range or emotion whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2022 6:52 PM

Courtney Thorne-Smith also had a recurring role on Two and Half Men, as Jon Cryer's character's user GF, Lyndsey. Lyndsey was horrible.

Actually, every character on that series was pretty awful. Every Chuck Lorre show has loathsome, mean spirited, awful people, guess that's his 'schtick'.

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Courtney was also a series regular on Day by Day. She’s done many roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2022 7:07 PM

Damn, she must be loaded. I remember enjoying her on Ally McBeal whenever I occasionally caught that.

by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2022 7:08 PM

The first season of Melrose Place takes itself far too seriously. I've heard it gets more fun as it goes along, yes?

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2022 7:28 PM

Yeah Courtney Thorne Smith worked constantly since MP. Met her a few times she is super sweet and stunningly beautiful in person. No one really broke out of the MP cast. The nail in the coffin was the addition of Lisa Rinna, who if you didn't know was the replacement for DL Fav Hunter Tylo, who left B&B to join MP but was fired because she was pregnant. They recast Rinna in the role, who also got pregnant but they didn't fire her. Tylo got millions in the lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2022 7:29 PM

[quote] Damn, she must be loaded.

If she's loaded, why is she hawking Crepe Erase and doing infomercials?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 16, 2022 7:31 PM

Because Rich actresses get a bigger cut of the gross of the sales of the products they are selling on TV& the internet.

Especially in the foreign markets.

by Anonymousreply 70August 16, 2022 8:26 PM

R12, It was Amy who got Hunter Biden's only sit down/one on one interview.

He probably thought it would lead to sex.

by Anonymousreply 71August 16, 2022 8:33 PM

Courtney has been in the game for years. She’s been in some classic ‘80s flicks (Lucas, Revenge of the Nerds 2, Summer School, Side Out).

by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2022 8:50 PM

She was a solid co-star towards the end of Two and Half Men. For five years. Salaries were astronomical on that show. I wonder if she made bank.

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2022 8:56 PM

[quote] The first season of Melrose Place takes itself far too seriously. I've heard it gets more fun as it goes along, yes?

It gets campily enjoyable once Sydney and Kimberly appear.

Heather Locklear got a lot of positive press about infusing the show with some energy because her character Amanda was considered a good nemesis for Allison and Billy (she's always trying ti bed Billy, but also loves scolding him and making him feel worthless), but I actually got very sick of her character--she's too one-note. Locklear is supposedly a very nice person in real life, and she was fun as the trashy Sammy Jo on "Dynasty" because she didn't have to do very much except be slutty and bitchy, but she's asked to carry a big acting load here and she's not up to it.

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2022 9:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2022 9:27 PM

R75 substance abuse and hideous relationships. Why is that a shock?

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2022 9:29 PM

Grant Show has worked steadily since MP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2022 10:06 PM

R77 - as well he should!

by Anonymousreply 78August 16, 2022 11:34 PM

Guess Grant will continue working in some capacity, since the shitfest Dynasty was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2022 12:45 AM

R77, Grant has a gorgeous curved cock.

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2022 12:46 AM

Grant has aged well, is a good enough actor and has a lengthy resume, so I'm sure he'll continue to work. He's worked so much; I'm guessing he's easy to work with too.

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2022 12:21 PM

Grant is/was beautiful but incredibly short.

by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2022 2:18 PM

Andrew Shue didn't know how to act, but he sure knew how to sweat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2022 2:37 PM

I've been crushing on Grant since he was on Ryan's Hope in the mid 80's. I doubt he's short where it counts.

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2022 5:06 PM

R80, you can't just drop info like that without details.

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2022 5:15 PM

I loved Grant in the short-lived Swingtown, a show about suburban swingers in the '70s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2022 5:21 PM

R86 Loved that show but it needed to be on cable not CBS

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2022 5:26 PM

Grant has aged beautifully and he's not a terrible actor on top of it all. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2022 6:24 PM

Grant on Ryan’s Hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2022 7:49 PM

R85, Jennifer Young, daughter of Gig, was on Howard Stern years ago and in revealing the Hollywood guys she'd slept with, said that she once spent a weekend in a NYC hotel with Grant Show and that he has a perfectly curved cock that hit all the right spots.

by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2022 9:57 PM

^SLUT!

by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote]I miss Daphne Zuniga doing bigger things. She had a nice likable quality no matter the role she was playing.

What are you talking about? Daphne was a star! A legend! Hollywood won't see her like again anytime soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2022 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!