Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Salman Rushdie's attacker

Why is the pattern on his jail garb so mismatched? Does it serve some special purpose?

Oh, and I'll take the cop in the back to go, thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2024 3:59 AM

Not pictured is the ginger officer who led him into the courtroom, and given my weakness for gingers, I'll take him over the one pictured any day.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 2:19 PM

I laughed when I saw the getup. I had no idea they still used prison stripes.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 2:19 PM

Rushdie will spend the rest of his life being guarded because sooner or later, yet another Muslim will come along to attempt to murder him for insulting Islam.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 2:19 PM

LMAO, I cracked up when I read some of the earliest articles, which were careful to note the assailant’s motives were unknown. Lo and behold a Muslim was arrested!

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 2:20 PM

Prisons and jails often use clothing that would never be worn outside of a prison, ostensibly to make it easier for a prisoner to be caught if they should escape.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 2:21 PM

Princess Beatrice is now designing prison attire.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 2:22 PM

The ginger officer can be seen in the accompanying YouTube video that's in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 2:23 PM

Will he get the full whack of the reward or just the verbal approval of the Iranian guy. He should get a least some part. He dd do an eye for an eye. Know that's Old Testament but the Muslim appropriated loads of Jewish stuff. Jerusalem, Moses, among others. So maybe they claim eye for an eye too. If so Slahser needs a taste.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 2:40 PM

Sanpaku eyes, nice hairy forearms - I'd do him.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 4:17 PM

Will he be raped in prison?

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 4:19 PM

Ape-type.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 4:23 PM

A Venessa Huxtable Creatia!

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 4:23 PM

The attacker has a nice bubble butt.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 4:24 PM

I'm almost ashamed to say I noticed that, too, R13 — but I think it's just the trousers puffing up because of the belt around his waist.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 4:30 PM

Way to focus on the important things, boys. Salmon Rusty is in the hospital fighting for his life on a ventilator and you’re worried about his attempted assassin’s ass?

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 4:33 PM

I'd suck that Officer's big hairy pinga too!

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 4:38 PM

And we have let all of these crazies into the US! You import the third world and you become the third world.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 4:42 PM

This guy isn’t as handsome as the last few Muslim American attackers have been. The Boston Marathan dudes set a very, very high bar.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 4:47 PM

Rushdie is off the ventilator and talking, he's not fighting for his life at this point.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 4:50 PM

R17 The attacker was born and raised in New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 4:52 PM

I love those Prison stripe uniforms. They look like they are right out of 'Guys & Dolls'.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 4:53 PM

Oh really r20? Did he emerge from the sea, then?

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 4:53 PM

R17 and were his parent born in Nantucket?

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 4:55 PM

[Quote]The attacker has a nice bubble butt.

It's gonna experience plenty of action in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 4:56 PM

Spread those buns and open wide....baby!

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 5:03 PM

He'll be bred the first night in prison. No one will care.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 5:12 PM

It's the British criminal justice system's tribute to Op Art and the Swinging Sixties!

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 5:16 PM

Lucky Bastard!

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 5:16 PM

Why would David Blaine commit such a crime?

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 5:21 PM

[quote] Why would David Blaine commit such a crime?

Him and his magic!

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 5:24 PM

[quote]Why is the pattern on his jail garb so mismatched? Does it serve some special purpose?

It's because they're made ON THE CHEAP, OP.

Lining up stripes takes more time+labor and more time+labor costs more money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 5:57 PM

I think he's rocking the 'dazzle ships 1918' look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 5:58 PM

Thanks OP for posting the ginger bailiff for all to see ❤️

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 6:12 PM

The jumpsuit could have been in Sue Ellen's brilliant fashion show that saved the company at the end of Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 6:18 PM

The attacker's last name means to kill in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 6:25 PM

Interesting, r32.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 6:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2022 3:11 AM

Prisoners probably made his uniform.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2022 3:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2022 3:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2022 3:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 3:25 AM

[quote] When asked about the then-Supreme Leader Ruhollah Khomeini’s [bold]fatwa and the "right to put a bounty on someone’s head[/bold]," according to a 1989 Reuters report, Iranian scholar and former diplomat Mohammad Jafar Mahallati responded: "I think all Islamic countries agree with Iran. [bold]All Islamic nations and countries agree with Iran that any blasphemous statement against sacred figures should be condemned[/bold]."

[quote] Mahallati added, "I think if Western countries really believe and respect freedom of speech, therefore [bold]they should also respect our freedom of speech. We certainly use that right in order to express ourselves[/bold], our religious belief, in the case of [bold]any blasphemous statement against sacred Islamic figures[/bold]."

In addition to the mental white ones, this is the kind of professor Oberlin loves to employ. Terrorism-sympathiser, supporter, apologist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 3:32 AM

[quote] OP, the desert landscape in eastern Oregon is also an interesting are.

What type of young man becomes more religious in his twenties?

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2022 7:52 PM

Salmon Rushdie’s agent says the author has lost sight in one eye and the use of a hand as he recovers from an attack from a man who rushed the stage at an August literary event in western New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2022 8:17 PM

[quote] a Muslim

[quote] Ape-type.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2022 9:46 PM

NYT:

Salman Rushdie, the acclaimed novelist and free speech advocate who was viciously attacked at a public event last year, will write a memoir about the experience, his publisher, Penguin Random House, announced Wednesday. “Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder” will be published on April 16, the publisher said.

“This was a necessary book for me to write: a way to take charge of what happened, and to answer violence with art,” Rushdie said in a statement. Rushdie was attacked onstage at the Chautauqua Institution, a summer arts community in New York, where he was scheduled to speak about the United States as a safe haven for exiled writers. As the event was about to begin, a 24-year-old man jumped onstage and stabbed Rushdie repeatedly in the face and the abdomen before members of the audience pulled the assailant away. Rushdie was gravely injured, placed temporarily on a ventilator and left blind in his right eye.

The attacker, Hadi Matar, a resident of New Jersey, has pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted murder and assault.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2023 2:36 AM

11 months and 11 days later…you reply.

😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2023 2:48 AM

New interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2024 2:13 AM

R1 you can have the ginger dough boy I'll take the other cop!

by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2024 2:18 AM

I think the pattern is rather chic.

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2024 2:39 AM

At my local jail (pre-trial and those serving short sentences), orange is the normal color for the inmates. There was a guy who tried to escape and I noticed that they put him in black and white horizontal stripes, afterwards, like the guy at OP.

In a well-made garment, the stripes should line up at the middle, where the buttons are. The stripes should also have some symmetry, as far as the sleeves. But it's prison garb, so what the hell.

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2024 3:07 AM

Thank you for all your answers regarding the uniform and the hot cop. I admit I have a special fondness for my pre-cancer threads.

Believe it or not, the trial still hasn't started. Was postponed again in January because Matar's lawyers successfully positioned the court for Rushdie's memoir (published this month, see r46) to be subpoenaed as evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2024 3:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!