Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn't you gays tell me Jessie Ware was back?

LOVING this new song of hers. And so glad to see that she's not abandoning the disco/soul/House-influenced sounds of the What's Your Pleasure album. This one is an instant earworm. Can't wait to hear more.

Apparently she's opening for some of Harry Styles' shows in the U.S.?? I wonder if all the children will appreciate Jessie. Regardless, probably a good gig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 12:30 PM

And the video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 7:42 AM

[quote] Why didn't you gays tell me…

Because we are not your fucking secretary

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 7:49 AM

The song is good but I'm finding her increasingly irritable as a person. I stopped listening to the Table Manners podcast. She's trying too hard.

The message of the song and the message in the video is cringe. She's a straight white (Jewish) privately educated middle class woman appointing herself as an ally of the LGBTQIA+ community. "We" don't need her to tell "us" to be ourselves and be free, thanks hun.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 8:37 AM

Does it matter?

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 9:08 AM

Does it matter that a straight singer makes a video in which she tells gay/queer people to "free yourself" and they free themselves?

Only if you don't want people to cringe.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 9:13 AM

To put it into context for eldergays, imagine if Wilson Phillips had recorded Free Your Mind instead of En Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 9:14 AM

I’ve got every kind of person telling me what to do. Black women telling me I can’t talk about hair, trans people telling me I can’t talk about biology, rich people telling me to take public transit and ditch the car, fat people telling me they’re healthy and hot.

This is not especially upsetting to me, just another voice.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 9:23 AM

Fair enough!

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 9:53 AM

Reeks of Dua Lipa middlebrow corporate taste.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 11:25 AM

Her Oct 4th show at Webster Hall in NYC sold out in 3 minutes. Granted Webster Hall only holds 1,500 people.

But I think that is the perfect sized venue to see Jessie Ware.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 11:51 AM

Sounds like a Kylie outtake.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 12:23 PM

Oh great. Another video with glammy trans scenesters dancing in 1 and 2 second slow mo clips because they don't dance that well and if the eye ever lingered longer the brittle illusions would shatter.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!