Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What would you do? I purchased one item but received two of the same thing.

The one item cost me $350.00. It's from a large retail outlet. I looked to see if I was charged twice but I wasn't. Both boxes have the same info/numbers on the shipping stickers. All the same.

Should I let them know about their mistake? Should I send it back? I can't lie it would be great to have two of these.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 8:16 PM

Nope all yours. Thier mistake. Keep it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 1:11 AM

I dislike that you wrote "$350.00" with the extraneous decimal and two zeros. Inelegant. Evidence of a cluttered mind, as is this whole post, really. This is a non-issue. There's no question, only a decision to make. Look at your life and clean up the mess.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 1:12 AM

Don’t be heartless, OP. What if someone got written up or fired because you raised this as an issue? Don’t make waves.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 1:12 AM

Why would you ever willingly help a corporate business? They steal from the public every day. You didn't steal. They will probably destroy it if you tried to "do the right thing" by returning it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 1:12 AM

Big box store or Amazon? Keep it. Once I ordered an Xbox Kinect from Amazon (just one) and got a case of SIX of them. I gave one away and sold 4 on eBay. Poor Jeff Bezos probably had to have a domestic wine with dinner that night.

Boohoo.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 1:13 AM

r2 eats shit for breakfast lunch and dinner.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 1:18 AM

Like the Roseanne episode when she kept getting stoves delivered to the Lunch Box.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 1:18 AM

Fuck em, keep it. I once had Amazon send me a DELIVERED message with a picture. I looked at it and it was not my porch. I called them, they asked me if I looked on my porch. I told them I don't need to, that picture is not my porch, unless the driver was doing a photo shoot with it on someone else's porch. They told me it would take a few days to figure out what happened. A week later I get a message saying they will re-ship. Guess what, they send me a delivered pic again...not my porch. Now they think I am just lying and stealing shit. I took a picture of my porch and sent it to them. Turned out the delivery driver was stealing shit but it took weeks to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 1:20 AM

When I receive items in error and contact customer service, I'm usually told to keep it. And my friends tell me I'm stupid for offering to send it back, but I always imagine a warehouse worker being wrongly accused of theft if I don't speak up.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 1:23 AM

[qiote]I dislike that you wrote "$350.00" with the extraneous decimal and two zeros. Inelegant. Evidence of a cluttered mind, as is this whole post, really. This is a non-issue. There's no question, only a decision to make. Look at your life and clean up the mess.

OMG, I can't believe you found time away from scrubbing the underneath of your car with a toothbrush and compulsively washing your hands to post that!

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 1:25 AM

What was it, OP?

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 3:08 AM

[quote]What was it, OP?

I hope it was a male real doll or something similar. But I think those are like $3,000.00 (just for you r2!) instead of $350.00 and I'm sure they would want that back.

Maybe it was just the disembodied asshole and dick part.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 3:20 AM

It’s your lucky day, OP! When I get a freebie like that I figure it helps make up for all the times I’ve been charged twice for something.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 3:24 AM

Do you really NEED two sex dolls, OP?

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 3:26 AM

[quote]Do you really NEED two sex dolls, OP?

How are you supposed to have a three way with just one?

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 3:27 AM

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 4:08 PM

[Quote] What was it, OP?

Electronics is all I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 4:46 PM

Tree fiddy.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 4:48 PM

This happened to me, once. I notified the company that if they wanted their erroneously sent merch returned, all they had to do was send me a prepaid return label. Just that simple a request, and never heard from them again. Made the offer, now mine.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 4:53 PM

I once got a a bottle of Neocell Super Collagen C by mistake in my Amazon order and not the item I ordered. I called Amazon right away to report the issue, and it was rectified to my satisfaction. They were sending my item no questions asked. I told the CSR to make sure to send me a label to send the Collagen tabs back. She nonchalantly tolld me "just keep it." I immediately went onto the cite to price the Collagen. That shit was $50!

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 5:36 PM

We've all seen the photos of brand new merchandise destroyed before it's trashed. They don't operate on our logic, only that of resource hoarding and profit value.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 5:43 PM

I got an expensive shirt delivered to me by a clothing company I occasionally shop at. I didn’t order it and it wasn’t on any charge cards of mine. I debated what to do but eventually took it back to the store and returned it for store credit. I’m still mystified how I got the shirt. And I brought all the paperwork that came with the shirt so did return it correctly. But WTF.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 5:54 PM

I got five articles of clothing from Land's End. My size, too! The shipping label had my address but it was not my name. I checked the names of everyone on my street. Nope. I called Land's End and they said I could send it back but it was also fine if I just kept it. I was going to send it back but a neighbor showed up the next day asking about it -- her sister sent it for the neighbor's hot hubby but put her own name on it and the wrong address.

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 6:02 PM

Something sort of like this happened to me at Best Buy several years ago. I specifically wanted a Lenovo computer and they only carried one model at the time. When the employee went to retrieve a boxed one for me I immediately noticed that was not the same as the floor model they had for display, it was actually a much more expensive model - which was selling online for like $500 more

I pointed that out to him, because I didn't want to get him in trouble, but he insisted it was ringing up as the much cheaper model. I just took it and left.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 6:09 PM

It's the warehouse pickers! Yhey don't give a shit. "$10 fucking dollars an hour? FUUUUUCK YOOOOOOU, AMAZON!!"

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 6:21 PM

I once got two bags of Peets Big Bang when I only purchased one with my Amazon points!

Found money!

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 6:31 PM

I remember a thread like this a year or two ago...same shit.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 6:33 PM

This happened only once in my life. I picked up a "five pack" of Shea Moisture soap, (the original w/Frankincense & Myrrh) at Target... Only to realise much later that the stock people were meant to remove the cellophane, as the price was for one bar.

I didn't lose sleep over it, but when it comes to something more valuable, and from a business shipping direct to the customer; I'd think differently on the matter. R5 still made me laugh, and I gave him a W/W. I reckon he has a point there.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 6:34 PM

I ordered a brass bed for my first apartment, could only afford the head board, but they sent both by mistake. That was about 40 years ago, and I still have it. In the state I live in (RI) anything that is sent to your house that you did not order, you can consider a gift. Check on your particular state/city laws. If it were me, I would keep it. It's not hurting anyone - their profit margin is so high, they're still making money.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 6:36 PM

Thank you, Debbie @ R27!

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 6:37 PM

No good deed.... I had this happen once. I emailed them and returned the second item. They charged me for the second item after I had sent it back. It was a mess. Trust me, the employees would rather that you just keep it so that they don't have to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 6:51 PM

/////////

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 8:50 PM

sexy!

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2022 7:17 PM

[quote]I immediately went onto the cite to price the Collagen.

Oh, dear. Next time, price a dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2022 7:19 PM

OP, always ask yourself what would Jesus do and then do that.

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2022 7:23 PM

[quote]Electronics is all I'll say.

It's a fuckbot. Probably the electronic blowjob device.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2022 7:26 PM

^ Awe. You're so sweet. Look at you, R34! Being all hostile corrective and shit! Okay, bubs, I'll tell my auto correct featur that he got "Oh deared." 😉

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]auto correct featur

Oh deer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2022 7:34 PM

O. deering!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2022 7:37 PM

You posted your pronouns “they, them “, OP so naturally they sent you two.

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote]bubs

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 8:15 PM

Do the right thing and it'll be a star in your crown should you need it when "that time" comes.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!