Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember John Edwards? He Runs a Tiny Law Firm Now!

He has his own firm now, in Raleigh, specializing in personal injury and medical malpractice. He used to be America's most famous wealthy trial lawyer, and now look at him.

It's staggering how far he's fallen. His attorney profile reads like any ordinary ambulance-chaser, except this man was nearly president!

No mention of the love child, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 22, 2022 1:37 PM

I wonder if he’d eat my ass?

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 10:19 PM

Practice area: personal injury.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 10:20 PM

I had wondered what had happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 10:22 PM

He probably still makes enough to pay for hookers and wayward college girls. He's got what he needs.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 10:22 PM

[quote] His attorney profile reads like any ordinary ambulance-chaser, except this man was nearly president!

I can respect that he returned to his pre-political career. Too bad he was an ambulance-chaser before entering politics. Also, he earned the bulk of his fortune by going after doctors that delivered kids that developed Cystic Fibrosis. he was working under the now discounted, if not discredited, theory that CF is caused by mistakes during labor. He is one of the reasons it is difficult for women, especially in rural areas, to find doctors to deliver babies anymore. So fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 10:28 PM

Where is the sex tape with his side piece?

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 10:28 PM

What's his marital status now?

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 10:30 PM

R7- Cheerful widower?

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 10:35 PM

According to his Wikipedia, he was with Rielle Hunter from 2006–2015. I'm surprised by that. I thought he didn't really want any part of her. No mention of any current relationship.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 10:35 PM

Tawdry, just...

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 10:38 PM

He's hung.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 10:39 PM

Turkey neck.

Fillers.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 10:40 PM

I'd never watch any celebrity sex tape, but, if a gun was pointed at my head and I was forced to chose to watch one, it would be his and Hunter's.

Which is now either destroyed or sitting in a Judge's safe somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 10:42 PM

Too much rouge.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 10:44 PM

R12, can you imagine the doctor who does fillers on an ambulance chaser? Or any type of medical work for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 10:45 PM

[quote] Also, he earned the bulk of his fortune by going after doctors that delivered kids that developed Cystic Fibrosis

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited genetic medical condition. Doctors can’t cause it.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 10:46 PM

But didn't he also do other personal injury work? I seem to remember a pool drain manufacturer that sucked the intestines out of some poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 10:47 PM

I wanted to mess up his hair and give him a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 10:47 PM

As of 2022, John Edwards' net worth is estimated to be roughly $55.5 million. -- Google

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2022 10:48 PM

FUCKING DESERVES IT - pure pos.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2022 10:48 PM

He looks good.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2022 10:48 PM

He has a huge dick supposedly.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2022 10:48 PM

As of 2022, internet estimates of celebrity net worth are still considered fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2022 10:50 PM

His wife was a total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2022 10:51 PM

He could've been a good President.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2022 11:02 PM

What’s with the dongage rumors upthread.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2022 11:05 PM

R24, I wonder if she was always a total cunt or just became one when she developed cancer from the fertility drugs she was taking to have a child to replace the one who died?

John Kerry threw shade at her. He said he was invited to join the Edwards for their wedding anniversary dinner. The Edwards had this thing where they went to Wendy’s because that was where they had their first date. Kerry said he thought they’d just stop by as a “hat tip” gesture and then go on to a nicer restaurant but they had the whole meal at Wendy’s. You know Teresa Heinz probably cunted about that for a month.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2022 11:07 PM

His Youtube channel is still up. It's an interesting time machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2022 11:16 PM

I never heard anything bad about Elizabeth Edwards. It was weird to have a second batch of children, but that was something they both decided.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2022 11:21 PM

At least he didn't have his house raided by the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2022 11:24 PM

perhaps the handsomest man to ever run for president at least in modern history....

always envisioned him with a thick but groomed beard, a musclebound body and wearing a lumberjack outfit... plaid shirt rolled up sleeves, open unbuttoned down to his navel and spray painted on powder blue jeans and no underwear! laugh....

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2022 11:26 PM

It's almost quaint now that a sex scandal brought him down.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2022 11:28 PM

Botox? I always thought he was goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2022 11:28 PM

And to think, he was vilified for daring to have an affair and shamed out of running for office when look who we ended up with for president.

I just want to find out that trump years were all just a bad dream.

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote] Kerry said he thought they’d just stop by as a “hat tip” gesture and then go on to a nicer restaurant but they had the whole meal at Wendy’s.

Kerry has an unpleasant history with Wendy's so this must bring back horrible memories. On the 2004 campaign trail Kerry, Edwards, and their crew stopped at a Wendy's to show they were 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑘𝑠. It did the opposite.

Arriving in Newburgh (Orange County), NY the caravan, including ten buses, assorted campaign staff, actor Ben Affleck, and over 100 reporters, made a stop at Wendy's. As described in various news accounts, the Edwardses each ordered a Classic Combo Single (hers without cheese, his with) and a soft drink and they shared a Frosty while the Kerrys (perhaps recalling the chili feeds from the NH primary) had a bowl of chili and a Frosty.

The candidates' efforts to chat with several marines in the restaurant did not turn out well as they were Bush supporters. Further, the Wendy's stop caused Kerry and Edwards to arrive an hour and a half late for their rally in Scranton. Kerry's critics were quick to suggest the Wendy's stop was a "charade"--not "the real deal.

Cementing the Wendy's story entrance into the realm of campaign lore, MidHudsonNews.com reported on Aug. 1 that, "A member of the Kerry advance team called Nikola's Restaurant at the Newburgh Yacht Club the night before and ordered five-star lunches to go that would be picked up at noon Friday." The meals, which included 𝒔𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒑 𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒐, 𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒂 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒑𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒐-𝒘𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒏.

Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" on Aug. 2: "On Friday, it was John Edwards' wedding anniversary; Edwards, Kerry and their wives all stopped at a Wendy's to eat. That's a tradition with the Edwards to always go to Wendy's on their anniversary because that's where they went on their first date [sic] so they brought the Kerrys with them. I don't want to say that Kerry's wife Teresa had never been to a Wendy's before, but she ordered the pheasant."

Mark Steyn wrote a column on the episode in the Telegraph (United Kingdom) on Aug. 3 ("Could Kerry slum it in the White House?") opined that Kerry's "faux lunch order captures the essence of his crowd-working style: chilli and Frosty."

Photos of the Marine Sergeants coldly rejecting Kerry used to be online but it appears they are now gone down the Memory Hole.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2022 11:33 PM

Americans are prudish. A politician's sex life has nothing to do with their ability to run for office. And he slept with an adult woman. Was it wrong? Sure but that's between him and his wife. Not the public. Republicans have elected pedophiles and rapists into their party. Who are a public menace.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2022 11:35 PM

R16 That's what makes those cases he, and others like him, handled even fucking worse. Some of those doctors were bankrupted over something they had no control over.

R36 I agree to an extent, but if a person can't uphold their wedding vows, can I be sure they'll uphold their oath?

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2022 11:36 PM

R29. Those creeps Mark halperin and John Heileman trashed her in their book ( these are the same people who wrote the slobbering pro McCain propaganda Game change).

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2022 11:37 PM

Elizabeth Edwards was a legendary cunt. John hated every moment of his life after EE found out about the girl bastard child and turned her significant talents in bitchery on him. Her real nature was very much contained before the scandal; it ended up costing her her marriage and her good name.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]According to his Wikipedia, he was with Rielle Hunter from 2006–2015.

I think Rielle Hunter's definition of being 'with' him all those years is pretty elastic.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2022 11:38 PM

R29 That's only because she's dead now.

Read "Game Change," about the 2008 primaries. Elizabeth Edwards was a cunt and a half. A total diva. She had famous temper tantrums, threw stuff at John or interns, demanded nicer hotel rooms, and was generally such a fat tyrant that it's no wonder John started fucking the blonde "documentarian" on the bus.

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2022 11:39 PM

Why are people saying he is hung like a mule? What’s that about?

by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2022 11:42 PM

R35, Kerry’s team were constantly screwing up like that.

He went to a county fair to mingle with the unwashed and his team had to buy a corn dog and put it in his hand for a photograph. He wasn’t going to eat any of that fair food.

He was campaigning in PA. In Philly at the time, there were rival Philly Cheesesteak restaurants. After his team vetted which to go to, Kerry ordered a sandwich. When asked which type of cheese he wanted, he said provolone. Every resident of Philadelphia cringed because that’s not really an option for Philly Cheesesteaks.

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2022 11:47 PM

One of the wilder stories about the Edwards marriage in Game Change occurred in a plane hangar as the Reille Hunter affair become public knowledge. Elizabeth was screaming at her husband , at one point lifting her blouse in the hangar in front of campaign staff and screaming “LOOK AT ME JON.”

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2022 11:47 PM

Yeah, the story at r44 of her showing off her mastectomy scars is what put EE on the map.

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2022 11:51 PM

R44 Now THERE'S your Lifetime Original Movie!

"Battle Scars: The Elizabeth Edwards Story," starring Kate Burton as Elizabeth Edwards and Viggo Mortensen as John Edwards

by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2022 11:52 PM

John Edwards has millions in the bank thanks to the class action lawsuits he filed over the years, This law firm is just something to keep him occupied. He doesn't need the money

When he was charged with fraud, he refused a plea deal because it would mean a loss of his law license, and that was one thing he wanted to keep. He fought the charges and was willing to go to court - he did win (found not guilty) so it turned out okay

by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2022 11:55 PM

He also (according to "Game Change," and backed up by Obama campaign advisors) kept offering to endorse and hand over his delegates in return for increasingly crummier positions in a future administration. First he wanted to be VP, and Barack said no, so he came back with Supreme Court justice. Then it was Attorney General, and on and on like this. I think by the end, he was asking to be named Ambassador to Six Flags. And the Obama people still told him to go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2022 11:57 PM

R36 agreed. I will never understand why Americans think the state of some politicos marriage has any impact on their fitness for office.

by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2022 11:59 PM

He was the only one that had a decent political platform. It had labor issues upfront.

Kerry was the worst, the kind of Denocrats that has harmed the party. And isn't he the environment czar now for Biden? SMH

by Anonymousreply 50August 13, 2022 11:59 PM

R36 R49 Edwards was a losing candidate before his marriage fell apart. We were sick of his shit.

In 2004, he only looked youthful and human because he was standing next to that human oatmeal spoon John Kerry. But all the rest of Edwards' sappy bullshit - the home-spun attitudes, the "fighting for the little guy" career, those stupid yellow Livestrong bracelets, the fat wife - it was all a grift. The prick was a multimillionaire who made his living by chasing ambulances and poisoning our already-ailing legal system. He had multiple homes and a staff of servants, making him about as folksy as Princess Margaret. And he was fucking around on that fat wife with some floozy, who then got knocked up and let Edwards claim was impregnated by some innocent young staffer. Nothing about this man was authentic or based in reality. We were done with him, which is why he placed a distant third in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2022 12:04 AM

[quote] Sure but that's between him and his wife.

No, not when you’re posing for photo ops at Wendy”s on your anniversary for public cmsumption. Part of Edwards’ petsona was “man married to and deeply in love with wife who has cancer.”

His wife didn’t know he was fucking around and was devastated that he would make a fool out of a dying woman. She also was devastated that her children were already facing her death and would have to deal with the legacy of their low down dog of a father fucking a campaign worker as their mom was dying. That was a shitty burden to carry at one’s death.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2022 12:09 AM

R52, yeah, and that the floozy would participate in raising Elizabeth's two young children.

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2022 12:14 AM

Remember that story about Elizabeth ripping her shirt open making him look at her torn up breasts after finding out about his cheating?

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2022 12:14 AM

Damn r44 I just read your post. Are you me?

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2022 12:16 AM

Not only that r51, but it was the National Enquirer that broke the affair story. Up to that point, the National Enquirer was known for front page stories about alien babies. Elizabeth had to be schooled about her husband’s affair by a tawdry supermarket tabloid.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2022 12:17 AM

I don’t think it was the affair that did Edwards in, although the country was still sick about hearing Bill Clinton’s affair. It was that the woman was pregnant. That was the final straw. You can’t keep it in your pants AND you can’t use birth control or get an abortion?

I also remember that Edwards waaaaay overused the kitchen table metaphor. I wish Democrats would cut that folksy shit. Very few can honestly pull it off. It was one of Hillary’s weak points.

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2022 12:25 AM

“Game Change” is essential reading. It’s a bit of a sore point with me that I was completely taken in by John Edwards. I thought he was terrific, and would’ve voted for him as president in a second.

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2022 12:26 AM

The candidates who got disqualified because of their pecadilloes have to hate Trump

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote] I was completely taken in by John Edwards. I thought he was terrific,

Seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2022 12:31 AM

I know the stories of Elizabeth Edwards were legion but I worked at UNC Healthcare. I never had any interaction with her but I knew someone who did. She was receptionist in the cancer treatment. She only had positive things to say. Elizabeth even gave her a wedding present when she found out she had gotten married

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2022 12:32 AM

I remember him being criticized for his $200 haircuts while trying to play the 'everyman' card.

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2022 12:41 AM

I remember he came to campus when he was running in 2004 for the nomination, they all did, but he was the most phony out of the bunch, even Kerry. I have never seen a candidate from either party of either gender or any orientation look at himself in the mirror for so long to get his hair just right to walk on stage at a college with maybe 50 people in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 63August 14, 2022 4:22 AM

What happened to his Psychic Friends Network or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 64August 14, 2022 4:56 AM

OP, so what should be doing now to not be shamed?

by Anonymousreply 65August 14, 2022 4:58 AM

R63 Your writing skills are atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 66August 14, 2022 4:59 AM

He a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 67August 14, 2022 5:09 AM

His BDE is waning.

by Anonymousreply 68August 14, 2022 5:23 AM

R63's writing skills are perfectly fine, what is your problem? This place isn't a job interview.

by Anonymousreply 69August 14, 2022 5:25 AM

Poor Bunny Mellon was 100 years old and blind, but so dickmitized by John Edwards that she gave him $700,000 - which he then spent on his mistress.

by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2022 5:30 AM

The Bunny Mellon Story - what will be the name of THAT Lifetime Movie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2022 5:31 AM

John Edwards is no longer attractive and should stay cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2022 5:32 AM

He sucked off of Bunny's largess big time, though she allowed it. She was no dummy, and likely thought that his peccadilloes were just that and no big deal.

I do think that it wasn't so much that he had a side piece, but that he handled it SO sloppily. It was embarrassing for everyone involved in his campaign, from the lowly gofer to his wife. Bad look, and bad judgment two aspects which not so arguably would have made him a poor president.

I'm a die-hard Democrat, but damn, our politicians do seem to fuck up the same shit that Republicans manage to sweep under the rug and get away with it. Frustrating as hell.

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2022 5:43 AM

Boy, what an ass he is. His wife is dying of cancer, he's running for President, and what does he do? Why he has an affair with a rat faced cokehead whore named Rielle Hunter, that's what! And knocks her up and has a love child with her! I wonder if the fucks he had with her were worth the destruction of his political career and his total disgrace. So who's he fucking now? The last I heard he was fucking some woman many years younger than himself. Anyway, I never found him attractive. Too smarmy, too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2022 5:45 AM

Bette Midler sand "The Rose" at Bunny's funeral. Edwards and his daughter Cara arrived for the funeral and were seated with an overflow crowd outside the church, either because they were late or because the family did not want them in the church.

by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2022 5:45 AM

Barred from the church, but still showed up for the burial to work the crowd for donations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2022 5:49 AM

Sorry: *sang*

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2022 5:50 AM

“Bill Clinton’s accent makes him sound so stupid” -my mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2022 6:08 AM

Now that was a fun scandal! Ahhh, simpler times.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2022 6:48 AM

Edwards was the candidate middle America liked the most.

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2022 7:33 AM

It's like a John Grisham book in reverse.

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2022 7:38 AM

The mistress was plagued with bad men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2022 3:37 PM

R73, I agree it wasn't just having a side piece that killed him. It was how he handled it and who he chose to be his side piece.

Here was a guy with great looks and money who could easily have had a quality side piece.

Instead, he hooks up with the very trashy Lisa Jo Druck who changed her name to Rielle when she was 30. She was a desperate, childless woman in her 40s when he stupidly knocked her up.

More from Wikipedia:

"Brat Pack" novelist Jay McInerney said that Hunter, his former girlfriend, is the basis for the lead character Alison Poole in the 1988 novel Story of My Life. McInerney also said that he chose to write about her and her friends because he was both "intrigued and appalled" by their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 83August 14, 2022 7:14 PM

To add to all the Rielle Hunter scandal, political aide Andrew Young originally claimed the baby was his.

by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2022 8:42 PM

Getting knocked up at 45…divine intervention.

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2022 9:25 PM

His actual first name is "Johnny." Sums it up pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2022 9:27 PM

No one is commenting on the Lady Miss Clairol hair? It is very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 87August 14, 2022 9:59 PM

To think that this CLOWN could have become President of the United States...

by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2022 10:12 PM

He really played Bunny Mellon. She gave him thousands for his political campaign; some of that money was used to keep Rielle Hunter in comfortable circumstances. He asked for thousands of dollars in order to form a corporation that would "save America." He wanted her to pay his legal fees. She eventually wised up but was quite smitten for a while. He probably did a Max Bialystok number "Did you have the checkie, my darling? Can't run political campaigns without checkies!"

by Anonymousreply 89August 14, 2022 10:22 PM

R89 Why pay out of your own millions when you can fleece some horny, ancient billionaire instead?

Visits to her mansion probably also fueled his narcissism. Who doesn't like being fawned over like a Ken Doll?

by Anonymousreply 90August 14, 2022 10:24 PM

R88 Seriously

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 14, 2022 10:25 PM

R89 Many times children of rich people are on the look out for money grubbing gold-diggers and unethical caretakers, but they forget about the biggest whores of all, politicians.

by Anonymousreply 92August 15, 2022 1:43 AM

I remember watching this election from Australia and thinking that John Edwards was chosen for VP because of his hair.

by Anonymousreply 93August 16, 2022 4:01 AM

Princess tiny meat.

by Anonymousreply 94August 16, 2022 4:05 AM

Kerry and Edwards were both chosen in 2004 for the same reason. They were disliked by the DLC leadership and of no actual importance in the national scene. Hence they were expendable.

Hillary wasn't ready this soon but 2008 was supposed to be Hillary's turn. Bush was careful to have a VP who would be unelectable had he tried to run in 2008. However an incumbent democrat president would mean no vacancy for Hillary to fill. Remember how Clinton flunky Wesley Clark suddenly popped up to abort the Howard Dean campaign.

So find these two obnoxious throwaway patsies.

by Anonymousreply 95August 16, 2022 4:15 AM

Kerry would have made a good President. He's a good politician.

by Anonymousreply 96August 16, 2022 4:33 AM

Still bums me out that we lost out on Gore and then on Kerry. Gore could have moved the needle on climate change…who knows what could have been different if we’d acted 20 years ago. Kerry would have gotten us out of Iraq much sooner. Oh well. What could have been…

by Anonymousreply 97August 16, 2022 4:37 AM

He and his wife did IVF and had kids when Elizabeth was 49 and 51. Then 6 years later he began an affair with Rielle Hunter and then hired her. This was about a year and a half after his wife had been diagnosed with breast cancer. When rumors began to circulate that Rielle was pregnant, she announced that the father was one of John's campaign staffers. That man was married with kids. After tabloids insisted that John was the father, he finally admitted the affair but denied paternity. He didn't publicly admit he was the father until the kid was three years old. That was the same year his wife (separated after the affair) passed away.

I wonder what his grown kids think about the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 98August 16, 2022 4:58 AM

[quote] I wonder what his grown kids think about the whole thing.

They probably forgave him. He is their father after all. I wonder what they think about Rielle Hunter or if they have a relationship with their father's love child. I can't imagine that they'd want anything to do with Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 99August 16, 2022 5:19 AM

I believe the whole family is pretty tight these days and the bastard is definitely in the picture. His kids with EE all seem very sweet. The other thing to consider is that they’ve lost not only their mom but also a sibling. If your family can make it through those events, I imagine forgiveness is possible.

by Anonymousreply 100August 16, 2022 5:22 AM

[quote] This was about a year and a half after his wife had been diagnosed with breast cancer.

That is what tanked him more than anything. Especially since he kinda ran hard on the whole, my wife has cancer issue. Which made the public already very sympathetic to her and then he cheats on her. Hell even Bill Clinton, I think was like, dude, wtf?

by Anonymousreply 101August 16, 2022 5:23 AM

I quit my job to devote myself to this guy's presidential campaign.

by Anonymousreply 102August 16, 2022 5:38 AM

He is also psychic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 16, 2022 5:46 AM

Giving another plug for "Game Change". It is not only interesting, it is a fucking delightful camp fest! Have at it. Not worth buying but hit up the library.

by Anonymousreply 104August 16, 2022 11:01 AM

Why did they have kids when they were so fucking old??

by Anonymousreply 105August 16, 2022 11:10 AM

R105 I don't get that either. It seems so selfish to have children when you're about 65% done with your life. Does every politician feel the need to have kids to help their career aspirations?

by Anonymousreply 106August 16, 2022 11:41 AM

[quote]Why did they have kids when they were so fucking old??

Because they lost their son, one of the two older kids.

by Anonymousreply 107August 16, 2022 12:47 PM

Wow. That photo! He got the face he deserved didn't he?

Sorry, he always made my skin crawl. As a gay man with 2 sisters who I loved & who loved me, I love women. I have known many who have loved & supported me. He always seemed like a creep, then it all came out.

by Anonymousreply 108August 16, 2022 12:47 PM

He had an affair. Big Fucking Deal. “They ate gourmet food for lunch instead of Wendys!!!” That’s because fast food in edible.

Americans focus on the weirdest things when choosing a president, and we get shit like GWB and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 109August 16, 2022 11:14 PM

His wife was on an NPR show where she revealed that he had perfectly cut hair and didn’t use hair products

by Anonymousreply 110August 16, 2022 11:15 PM

[Quote] Wow. That photo! He got the face he deserved didn't he?

Deserved for what? Having an affair?

Looks pretty handsome for his age actually.

All candidates have to move on and continue working. I used to see Mike Dukakis on the Boston T. He was a professor at Harvard. Life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 111August 16, 2022 11:18 PM

Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 112August 16, 2022 11:18 PM

R110 So Elizabeth was as full of shit as John was?

by Anonymousreply 113August 16, 2022 11:18 PM

Gravity works differently on John Edwards’s head than anyplace else on the globe.

by Anonymousreply 114August 16, 2022 11:21 PM

R114 Damn right!! This chump doesn't know SHIT about power hair!

by Anonymousreply 115August 16, 2022 11:23 PM

A lot of them southern boys play it sweet and church-y in the public eye and in private WHOO BOY.

by Anonymousreply 116August 16, 2022 11:25 PM

[quote] Why did they have kids when they were so fucking old??

When asked Hunter said she didn't think she could have children. But the main reason is that they were both being incredibly stupid and irresponsible. They even made a sex tape. I'd love to see it exposed. Supposedly it shows among other things, him eating out Hunter when she was visibly pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 117August 17, 2022 12:25 AM

You should never trust a Southerner. They smile at you and talk nice. But mean something else.

by Anonymousreply 118August 17, 2022 12:32 AM

Well bless your heart r118

by Anonymousreply 119August 17, 2022 12:34 AM

[Quote] They even made a sex tape. I'd love to see it exposed.

No one cares at this point

by Anonymousreply 120August 17, 2022 2:36 AM

These political scandals are so quant now. Like someone cheating on their wives or being gay, so innocent. Nowadays it's denying scientific facts and inciting violence on the capital.

I remember when the former governor of NJ Jim McGreevey got exposed as a gay man and he resigned due to not only being threatened with a lawsuit that would have outed him but also because he appointed his boyfriend a position he wasn't qualified for. He wrote a memoir and tried to play the victim blah blah blah. Then he got a position as head of NJ's employment and training program for for er inmates until half a decade later he got terminated for illegally moving funds to a different program though he claimed he was doing so to help house the former felons during the Covid crisis. I don't believe his wives didn't know he was gay. He pinged for days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 17, 2022 2:49 AM

R121 That's nothing. I remember when the Mayor of Washington DC was caught on tape smoking crack with a whore. And then he got re-elected years later to that same office again.

by Anonymousreply 122August 17, 2022 2:55 AM

[quote] No one cares at this point

Oh, I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing it. It would give them a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 123August 17, 2022 3:01 AM

One thing that affair did was give the National Enquirer some creditability for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 124August 17, 2022 3:04 AM

[quote]You should never trust a Southerner. They smile at you and talk nice. But mean something else.

This is unfortunately all too true of a lot of Southerners. They put a lot of stock in appearances, so they will be effusive and polite to you in person and then make vicious comments about you behind your back. I can guarantee that Lindsay Graham would be horrified to know what his constituents say about him privately.

by Anonymousreply 125August 17, 2022 3:18 AM

there is video footage of him eating that whore's pussy. she was filming him while he was between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 126August 17, 2022 3:32 AM

I remember seeing him give a speech on CSPAN in 2003 and predicting he’d become POTUS one day. Can’t believe the turn his life took.

by Anonymousreply 127August 17, 2022 3:36 AM

[quote]One thing that affair did was give the National Enquirer some creditability for awhile.

Until they quickly returned to their abiding "DYING CHER'S SAD LAST DAYS" headlines.

by Anonymousreply 128August 17, 2022 3:36 AM

He should let his hair color go natural.

It would give him some much needed dignity.

by Anonymousreply 129August 17, 2022 3:39 AM

How much will you pay me to let it go natural??

by Anonymousreply 130August 17, 2022 3:46 AM

He was a cute jock when young

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 17, 2022 3:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 17, 2022 3:48 AM

Is he tiny? No BDE.

by Anonymousreply 133August 17, 2022 3:50 AM

R128 You would think the tabloids would at least vary the people they always say is dying, they've said Cher and Loretta Lynn have been dying since the early 80s, yet both live on. I wouldn't be surprised if both outlive print tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 134August 17, 2022 3:59 AM

If Edwards had a male lover instead there'd be no pregnancy, no emotional baggage, running to GQ for an exclusive interview, etc. There probably wouldn't be any scandal.

by Anonymousreply 135August 17, 2022 4:12 AM

He must be really, really stupid. If he was going to have a mistress you'd think he would have picked a better one than Rielle hunter. There was some article about her that featured a phot of her her without any pants on. Classy! And in an interview (I think it was with Oprah Winfrey) she was asked how she thought Elizabeth Edwards was affected by her and Edward's affair and she said "You'd have to ask her." Which prompted one critic to say Hunter was "undeniably awful."

by Anonymousreply 136August 17, 2022 5:07 AM

she hunted him down. She hung out at his hotel and him being a man, didn't pass up an easy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 137August 17, 2022 5:17 AM

For very good reasons, EE hadn’t been fucking much for a while. He was parched. So parched that he set his life on fire.

by Anonymousreply 138August 17, 2022 5:20 AM

where can we see that video of him eating pussy! you know it was a power trip for that nasty skanky unattractive Hunter to have this handsome running for president married politician to be on his knees submissively hungrily eating her out!....

by Anonymousreply 139August 17, 2022 12:03 PM

[quote]When asked which type of cheese he wanted, he said provolone. Every resident of Philadelphia cringed because that’s not really an option for Philly Cheesesteaks.

You got the story right except for the key detail. Provolone is a widespread and widely accepted option for cheesesteaks, but Kerry ordered SWISS, which is definitely not.

by Anonymousreply 140August 17, 2022 12:10 PM

R140, you are correct. My apologies. I knew that provolone was an accepted cheese because it’s the one I choose when I have one.

by Anonymousreply 141August 17, 2022 1:30 PM

In defense of EE I read Andrew Young's insider account "The Politician" and she comes off entitled and moody but fuck, she was fighting cancer, had a dead son, and was married to a huge asshole. This is from her Wikipedia page:

[quote] She was his chief policy advisor during his presidential bid,[1] and was instrumental in pushing him towards more liberal stances on subjects such as universal health care.[1] She was also an advocate for gay marriage[2] and was against the war in Iraq,[1] both topics about which she and her husband disagreed.[1]

by Anonymousreply 142August 17, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote]I wonder if he’d eat my ass?

For about $325 an hour, he probably would.

by Anonymousreply 143August 17, 2022 2:27 PM

Hot diggity!

by Anonymousreply 144August 17, 2022 2:28 PM

All politicians are whores. Everything is about money and status. These dudes get on their knees as much as the ladies open their legs. But only the women get slut shamed.

by Anonymousreply 145August 17, 2022 2:30 PM

He has no emotional core.

I remember when he was running for POTUS. It was announced that he was going to have a press conference. There was speculation he was ending his campaign.

He has the press conference and the news is that Elizabeth’s cancer had returned, but he was going to press on with his campaign.

That made him look slimy. That he would press on being POTUS while she was clinging to life.

by Anonymousreply 146August 17, 2022 3:01 PM

He was an idiot. I don't care if he had an affair but he chose the trashiest borderline personality woman to do it with. He could have hired an escort or something discreet. The fact he knew his wife was dying, MADE into a big part of his campaign as a wholesome god-fearing family man and carried on with some crazy bird and knocked her up. Did he think he was invincible and this wouldn't blow up in his face?

by Anonymousreply 147August 17, 2022 3:05 PM

In the book "Game Change", there was this incident.

John was being interviewed during the 2004 campaign and the interviewer asked John what books he had recently read.

Elizabeth, also in the room, began laughing and said, "Are you kidding? John, read a book?".

by Anonymousreply 148August 17, 2022 3:07 PM

OP he was never nearly president.

by Anonymousreply 149August 17, 2022 3:18 PM

R149, In 2008, it was down to Obama, Hillary and Edwards for the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 150August 17, 2022 3:21 PM

[quote]I wonder what his grown kids think about the whole thing.

If my father were worth $55 million I would be able to forgive him, no problem.

by Anonymousreply 151August 17, 2022 5:21 PM

Rielle Hunter was such a white trash whore, I think the public would've forgiven Edwards if he had cheated with some quality pussy.

by Anonymousreply 152August 17, 2022 5:29 PM

Edwards brought up his son who died in the Jeep accident as often as Joe brings up Beau.

by Anonymousreply 153August 17, 2022 6:29 PM

R153 JFK and Lincoln each had TWO children die, and they didn't bring them up in speeches.

Franklin Pierce lost two sons in infancy, and the third was decapitated right in front of his parents in a train crash while the family was en route to Pierce's inauguration as president. The man was so traumatized by watching his child gruesomely killed right next to him that it crippled his presidency and led in part to the eventual Civil War.

But I betcha that broken soul never wrote a politician's gimmicky book about his loss.

by Anonymousreply 154August 17, 2022 6:36 PM

Hmm, wonder about Gary Condit and the other guy who was involved with Chandra Levy.

by Anonymousreply 155August 17, 2022 6:42 PM

R155, That was just before 9/11. Larry King had covered her murder incessantly, then nothing.

by Anonymousreply 156August 17, 2022 7:53 PM

Franklin Pierce drank heavily when he was president, after his son was killed in the train wreck. He died of Cirrhosis of the liver twelve years after leaving the presidency, at the age of 64.

by Anonymousreply 157August 18, 2022 1:54 AM

His oldest Kate stuck by him through everything including his criminal trial and even worked at his firm for awhile. He showed up at Bunny Mellon’s funeral and was told to take a hike.

Elizabeth lost her mind when their son died in 1996. She was the one who pushed his political career. I think he was content being a PI lawyer, but Elizabeth had these grand “let’s do it for Wade” political dreams for John, and she would’ve been a much better political candidate then John. She projected all those dreams she had for their son wade on John.

Andrew young talked about how phony John was even buying an older used car to campaign in during the 98 senate run to look like he was a man of the people, but in reality wouldn’t be caught dead in.

There was an uncomfortable feeling that Elizabeth pushed to have the 2 younger kids as a way to replace wade/deal with her grief I don’t think John wanted more kids but did so to placate Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 158August 18, 2022 2:33 AM

[quote] You got the story right except for the key detail. Provolone is a widespread and widely accepted option for cheesesteaks, but Kerry ordered SWISS, which is definitely not.

Kerry was a PR nightmare. Surprised he didn't ask for Emmentaler.

Remember Howard Dean? Ran for POTUS then poof. All because he yelled out the names of states.

by Anonymousreply 159August 18, 2022 2:40 AM

This scumbag supposedly flirted with one of the jurors at his trial. And she liked it! No wonder he wasn't convicted.

by Anonymousreply 160August 18, 2022 5:23 AM

R159, There's a legendary story of John Kerry having a hissy fit while dining at The Charlotte Inn on Martha's Vineyard because the restaurant did not have any champagne butter.

by Anonymousreply 161August 18, 2022 7:02 AM

"Remember Howard Dean? Ran for POTUS then poof. All because he yelled out the names of states."

Howard Dean also had a very quirky, some might say odd, wife. And his idiot son broke into a Vermont country club late one night and stole their liquor, which led to an embarrassing arrest during his father's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 162August 18, 2022 7:08 AM

R162 I don't think Judith Dean was odd at all. She just wasn't a " Gaze at my husband lovingly for the cameras" Nancy Reagan type. But the new york times let that cunt Maureen Dowd write an entire column bitching about her for the crime of eschewing makeup and continuing to work as a doctor while her husband ran for office. Anyway, the corporate media ran the whooping into the ground. I guess they were scared that Howard was too progressive. Because he didn't have any real scandal the press had to concoct one.

by Anonymousreply 163August 18, 2022 7:16 AM

R163, The Deans sat down for an interview with Barbara Walters and wifey definitely came across as not First Lady material.

by Anonymousreply 164August 18, 2022 7:19 AM

Isn’t Kerry’s wife the heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune? Why is he so snobby about food?

by Anonymousreply 165August 18, 2022 7:39 AM

Why do so many rich girls whose family made their dosh from some humble things choose such assholes as husbands? Kerry's frau for example. Kerry never struck me as a stud muffin.

by Anonymousreply 166August 18, 2022 11:43 AM

What did she do, r164?

by Anonymousreply 167August 18, 2022 11:52 AM

No family interview could be as bad as Newt Gingrich’s mother telling Connie Chung that Newt thought Hillary was a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 18, 2022 1:08 PM

[quote]Isn’t Kerry’s wife the heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune? Why is he so snobby about food?

You really think the Heinz family sits around slurping up ketchup just because their forebears made their fortune selling it??

by Anonymousreply 169August 18, 2022 1:20 PM

He’s probably a lot happier.

by Anonymousreply 170August 18, 2022 1:25 PM

R166, Teresa Heinz Kerry(she dropped the Kerry name after he lost in 2004, btw) was not born rich.

Sen. John Heinz, her previous husband, died in a plane crash and she inherited his fortune, allowing John Kerry to swoop in and marry a rich widow.

by Anonymousreply 171August 18, 2022 1:51 PM

Why John Kerry? Teresa Heinz could have gotten someone who didn’t look like Lurch.

by Anonymousreply 172August 18, 2022 1:59 PM

R162 He did become chairman of the DNC after his WH run and was pretty successful.

by Anonymousreply 173August 18, 2022 2:56 PM

Teresa Heinz never legally changed her name to Kerry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 18, 2022 3:03 PM

R174, She requested to be introduced and addressed as Teresa Heinz Kerry during the 2004 campaign, bur reverted back to just Teresa Heinz after Kerry lost to "W".

I mean, why waste all that stationery?

by Anonymousreply 175August 18, 2022 9:23 PM

R172, She wanted to be married to another United States Senator.

by Anonymousreply 176August 18, 2022 9:24 PM

Remember, also, that he was John Kerry's running mate in '04.

by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2022 9:29 PM

Heinz (company) does more than make ketchup! It also produces mustard, pasta sauce, jarred pickles, baked beans, vinegar, mayonaise, 57 sauce, and sauerkraut!

by Anonymousreply 178August 18, 2022 9:55 PM

R177, Thank you, Captain Obvious.

by Anonymousreply 179August 18, 2022 10:08 PM

^ Not as obvious as you think. Particularly to our younger correspondents.

by Anonymousreply 180August 18, 2022 10:13 PM

R168, that’s fucking hilarious!!

by Anonymousreply 181August 18, 2022 10:20 PM

Heinz Meanz Beanz

by Anonymousreply 182August 18, 2022 10:21 PM

R177 is stupid beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2022 2:23 AM

Prone to a touch of hyperbole, are you, R183?!

by Anonymousreply 184August 19, 2022 5:34 AM

Rielle's opening line to Edwards was "You're HOT!" It worked like a charm. He was hooked after that. That seems to be what drives a politician wild with desire; tell him he'd "hot." That was Anthony Weiner's downfall, too. Some woman texted him "You're hot!", he started sexting her and poof, his political career was a thing of the past just like Edward's.

by Anonymousreply 185August 21, 2022 12:46 AM

The problem was that, while many considered John Edwards hot, nobody would consider Anthony Weiner hot.

by Anonymousreply 186August 21, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote] The problem was that, while many considered John Edwards hot, nobody would consider Anthony Weiner hot.

Huma Abedin did. If that didn't prove something is wrong with her then I don't know what does.

by Anonymousreply 187August 21, 2022 1:33 AM

Huma & Wieney STILL cannot get my head around that relationship. Or as my auntie Rose would say," Hun, that's what you call a relationshit."

by Anonymousreply 188August 21, 2022 1:36 AM

Huma Abedin did not. She considered Hillary Clinton attractive. Huma married Weiner because she thought it was a good career enhancement, they would be a political power couple.

by Anonymousreply 189August 21, 2022 1:38 AM

Yeah, I'm bemused that people are treating the Weiner/Abedin marriage as anything other than an arrangement. I don't know what Abedin's sexuality is, though the closeness with HRC is a bit something, but I do know that she's intensely ambitious and thought she was marrying a future governor or senator with Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 190August 21, 2022 1:49 AM

A Jew and a Muslim marrying was more scandalous than the Windsor/Markle pairing.

by Anonymousreply 191August 21, 2022 1:59 AM

R190, Huma allows Hillary to live out her Eleanor Roosevelt fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 192August 21, 2022 7:17 AM

Personal injury practice can be incredibly lucrative.

by Anonymousreply 193August 21, 2022 8:11 AM

love to see that sex clip of edwards eating hunter out, did a search on the internet and found nothing....

by Anonymousreply 194August 22, 2022 12:28 PM

Edwards kept denying the affair with Hunter until reporters from the National Enquirer cornered him in a mens room stall and he finally admitted it, but begged them not to print anything, but of course they did.

by Anonymousreply 195August 22, 2022 1:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!