Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can we just admit that Beyoncé sucks?

We all have to sing her praises because she’s light skinned, but her voice is bland. She doesn’t have half the talent that Kelly Rowland has. Her music has never been anything but samples and bland vocals. And now that she’s 40 she’s gotta be nude everywhere. I just don’t get the whole diva thing with her. What makes her so special?

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2022 11:48 PM

She had one good song twenty years ago. And she’s been coasting on image every since.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 9:01 AM

She can sing and dance but lack authenticity. Beyonce is specifically created to make hits after hits. There is not much artistry in "her" work (which is produced by a team of producers hired by big music company). So she is entertaining, but she is not nina simone or joni mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 9:06 AM

I hate her.

I've always hated her.

I hate her stupid fat face, her huge hips, and her stank diva attitude.

Her voice is horrible and sounds like screeching nails on a chalkboard to me.

She's also a fake and a phony.

Always had to be in the middle of Destiny's Child, faked her pregnancy with a pillow, married to a closet case, and has bad breath.

It brought me great joy to know never won an Oscar.

Beyonce SUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 9:08 AM

This ALWAYS makes me laugh!

I could watch this 24/7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 9:10 AM

Anyone want to see my stank twat???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 9:17 AM

How about my FAT ASS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 9:18 AM

Fake.

Ass.

Bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 4:23 PM

She’s one of those celebrities whose success has less to do with actual talent than ingenious marketing targeted at audiences desperate for someone to worship.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 4:29 PM

I wouldn't mind her as much if it wasn't for the constant barrage of hype and propaganda surrounding her. Not to mention the dumbass Beyhive.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 4:31 PM

I’ve never heard a thing she’s done but I’ve seen pics, in all of which she has seemed to fear moving even half an inch to the left or right because it might destroy the perfection that is her pose after the endless hours she spent sitting in “hair and makeup” to achieve it.

She looks profoundly uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 4:38 PM

She is bland, but what a body. I am Kinsey 6, but even I am admire her tits. Rihanna, on the other hand, is crap.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 4:40 PM

^^Fake gay at r11.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 4:40 PM

Beyoncé? Okay... great gowns, beautiful gowns...

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 4:43 PM

No, I am not fake R12. Woman do nothing for me. Men only. But I praised her body strictly as an observer.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 4:45 PM

She doesn’t suck but she doesn’t appeal to me. Also, I have a tendency to be repelled by those who are overexposed in media. The gay world may worships her but I don’t and I’m good with that.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 4:46 PM

[quote]but I’ve seen pics, in all of which she has seemed to fear moving even half an inch to the left or right because it might destroy the perfection that is her pose after the endless hours she spent sitting in “hair and makeup” to achieve it.

One of the reasons it was so shocking when she forgot she was supposed to be pregnant, and bent over at the waist, causing the pillow to deflate she had under her dress. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 4:49 PM

I can’t stand the constant media hype and praise and promotion of a slew of garbage.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 4:50 PM

If you haven’t seen this before, you need to. Now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 4:52 PM

You guys are playing with a level of fire that you don't want any parts of. Does anyone have any sage or holy water? Good luck to you bitches. You're gonna need it.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2022 4:55 PM

“Hi, I’m Destiny’s Child. OH, OH; I mean *WE’RE* Destiny’s Child.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2022 4:57 PM

What's amazing is how few good songs she has. Whereas Rihanna has had a relatively short career but quite a few international hits. Rihanna is kind of what Beyonce strives to be.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2022 4:57 PM

Her signature nasal, whiny way of singing sounds terrible to me. Driving somewhere yesterday, one of her new songs came on a random SiriusXM channel so I thought, “Maybe this will be different…” It wasn’t. It’s awful. And I don’t think anything about her is authentic or intrinsically creative, which is actually more terrible to me than her voice. It seems like it’s ALL manufactured by other people.

On the other hand, it’s evident that Rihanna, Ariana Grande, etc., have some degree of input in their music/image, their personality, and of course, their talent. Sure, some of their image is manufactured, that’s the business. But they aren’t afraid to actually expose their human side. Beyoncé doesn’t. At all.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2022 4:59 PM

Rihanna was a single's artist.

And Beyonce may not be for you most people here but people who suck don't have the kind of career she has had. She's been famous most of my life in one incarnation or another.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2022 4:59 PM

*singles

[quote]If you haven’t seen this before, you need to. Now.

I love it how relevant this was back then and still is even now.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2022 5:00 PM

I dont remember any song in her latest album . And I have no desire to listen to the album again.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2022 5:01 PM

Doja Cat has much better music than Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2022 5:03 PM

Beyoncé is a snooze. And I find her pussy to be wanting.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2022 5:10 PM

I think Beyonce is a generational taste. Millennials and Gen Z love her. That's a feat in itself because you'd have to go all the way back to 1984 (and Tina Turner) to find another time when teenagers were enthralled by a 40 year old Black woman.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2022 5:30 PM

R28 = Gen Z doesn't listen to her though. I'm 27 and have two younger sisters who are Gen Z and they don't bump her stuff at all. Look at her Spotify streams they are terrible. She's only #10 on Daily Spotify right after releasing a new album.

Her fanbase at this point is millennial feminist black women and gay men.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2022 6:23 PM

She's always been more hype and marketing than actual talent.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2022 6:37 PM

The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice!

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2022 6:44 PM

She's very pretty, she can sing, and she's a great dancer. She deserves to have had a successful music career. But her position as the number one star on the planet and the be-all, end-all of entertainment is shocking to me. If you had told me in 1999 that the vapid girl from Destiny's Child would become the voice of a generation, I'd have laughed in your face. It's especially chilling to hear other, more talented performers who should know better genuflect to her as if she were some sort of genius.

I suspect those overly ambitious parents have a contract signed in blood locked in a vault somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2022 6:55 PM

The moonbump fail was hilarious. Why not simply be honest about surrogacy in the first place? I mean so what if she had the baby/babies herself?

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2022 7:53 PM

*if she DIDN'T have the baby/babies herself?

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote] The moonbump fail was hilarious. Why not simply be honest about surrogacy in the first place? I mean so what if she had the baby/babies herself?

Because she's a fake. A phony.

Nothing about her "image" is real.

That's the primary reason that I cannot stand this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2022 8:23 PM

I've always thought she was overrated. And I hate that she's illiterate. There's no excuse for that.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2022 10:05 PM

And then that whole spectacle where they had to close down a floor of Lenox Hill Hospital so she could pretend to "give birth".

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 1:14 AM

Beyonce's pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2022 7:54 AM

Who???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2022 8:47 AM

Beyonce? Who??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2022 8:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2022 8:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2022 8:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2022 8:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2022 8:55 AM

Her writing talent is amazing. Adds an ‘ooo’ or ‘oh’ to a fully realized song written by someone else… BAM… song writing credit.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2022 8:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2022 8:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2022 8:58 AM

[quote] And then that whole spectacle where they had to close down a floor of Lenox Hill Hospital so she could pretend to "give birth".

I forgot about that, R37.

The hospital should have told her to FUCK RIGHT OFF.

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2022 9:03 AM

Lol is she really illiterate.

Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2022 5:00 PM

Rihanna is not as iconic as Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2022 5:17 PM

[quote] Rihanna is not as iconic as Beyoncé.

Rihanna is not as fat or ugly as Beyonce, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2022 5:20 PM

Oh no, is R50 the whack Beyonce fancunt? Has this nutcase finally found this thread?

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2022 5:21 PM

This is a big fat person waiting to happen.

My favorite was the fake pregnancy with the collapsing/folding baby bump on live t.v.

Her wigs are too big just like her ass. Marginally talented and allegedly illiterate.

Don't buy the hype.

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2022 5:33 PM

Renaissance is the best reviewed and queerest album of the year. It's a shame that so many DL queens are such bitter haters.

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2022 5:35 PM

[quote] This is a big fat person waiting to happen.

Waiting to happen? Those monstrous boobs she got herself are only here to deflect from her fat ass and fat thighs. Lots of photoshopping too to give her a waist.

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2022 5:36 PM

Renaissance is the worst and dumbest album of the year. It's a shame that so many Beyonce fancunts are that deluded and deranged.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2022 5:38 PM

R56, read the album's reviews, you Refuglican. Renaissance is next-level exhilarating so it's probably beyond your ability to enjoy something that's so relentlessly fun when you have to exist with your bitterness toward the world 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2022 6:48 PM

Can't stand any of those singers. Manufactured celebrities. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2022 6:57 PM

LOL at the Beyonce cunt @ R57 etc WW her own posts.

How pathetic.

Just like Beyonce is.

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2022 7:13 PM

I never liked the tone of her voice. It surprises me that she became such a huge star because she has zero charisma.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2022 7:13 PM

[quote] It surprises me that she became such a huge star because she has zero charisma.

She got manufactured and hyped beyond belief.

Being married to the fat ass-loving asshat who pumps his money into her PR is also of great help.

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2022 7:16 PM

I think you're being very mean. She's truly a musical genius with her profound lyrics, such as "All the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies," or the superlative, "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no, Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no, Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no, Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no".

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2022 7:18 PM

Bouncy, Bouncy Hair Flip was great when Crazy In Love was released - that is all I have for this one. No interest in her since then.

by Anonymousreply 63August 14, 2022 7:18 PM

R54 if you pay em you can get a good review.

by Anonymousreply 64August 14, 2022 7:24 PM

[quote] I think you're being very mean. She's truly a musical genius with her profound lyrics, such as "All the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies," or the superlative, "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no, Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no, Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no, Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no".

You just know the lyrics she actually wrote, because they reveal her true colors.

That song "Irreplaceable" is the real Beyonce:

In the closet that's my stuff, yes If I bought it please don't touch

And keep talking that mess, that's fine But could you walk and talk at the same time?

And it's my mine name that is on that tag So remove your bags let me call you a cab

'Cause the truth of the matter Is replacing you is so easy

You can just tell that this bitch was treated like a little fucking Princess.

And at her birthday parties, she would scream at the other kids: "That's MY present!!! Don't touch it!! It's MINE!!!"

by Anonymousreply 65August 14, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote]You can just tell that this bitch was treated like a little fucking Princess.

She going to get hers when her bitch-on-wheels daughter Blu becomes a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 66August 14, 2022 7:37 PM

For years, Beyonce has taken all the hate and turned it into love. I've been here long enough to recall a thread about this 2003 Billboard Awards performance. Nearly 20 years later she is still winning. Hatred is her fuel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 14, 2022 8:06 PM

It's not hatred that is her fuel these days, but fat for her wobbly ass is.

by Anonymousreply 68August 14, 2022 8:08 PM

R67, nur andere fettarschige Huren mögen diese fettarschige Hure.

by Anonymousreply 69August 14, 2022 8:10 PM

R1 which one?

Beyoncé sucks and always has.

by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2022 8:14 PM

Kelly Rowland sucks, OP. Beyonce is much better. Better voice, better songs

by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2022 8:17 PM

I can admit it, OP!

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2022 8:20 PM

Kelly Rowland has a pert ass, OP. Beyonce's ass is wobbly. More fat, more cellulite.

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2022 8:23 PM

At least she is close to her fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2022 8:24 PM

Datalounge has been taken over by 12 year old girls. Or this thread proves what complete losers most gay men are on this board to be posting this nonsense on a Sunday afternoon. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2022 8:30 PM

She is like Madonna, Rihanna, Brittney.... a lot of hype, a lot of T&A, not a whole lot of talent.

by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2022 8:43 PM

And an ever-increasing fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2022 8:44 PM

I'm a 70 year old Eldergay and I approached the Renaissance album dubiously based on all the dismissive comments here but I was more than pleasantly surprised. It's a terrific album. I've listened to it maybe a dozen times on Apple Music. It's a wonderful homage to house music and it brings these sounds into a contemporary framework that seems quite fresh and exciting. It makes me long for the nights of dancing in NYC clubs into the wee hours of the morning. Sonically, it's quite adventurous. I also think her vocals are great. I don't get the hate.

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2022 9:01 PM

R78, seriously, fuck off, Bey cunt, nobody falls for the fake story you're trying to sell.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2022 9:14 PM

I find her boring and vacuous. I just don’t see the appeal. So much hype, so much…vapidity

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Poor Blue Ivy looks just like her father. It's a weird law of the universe that when a hot woman and an uglyass man have a daughter together, the daughter always looks like the uglyass father. Always.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2022 9:24 PM

^ Hot woman? What hot woman?

by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2022 9:25 PM

Blu Ivy looks like a little thug. She’s gonna pop a cap in Beyoncé’s ass if she disrespects her.

by Anonymousreply 83August 14, 2022 9:33 PM

Tbh, I can't see what's supposed to be wrong with Blu. But those piggy curls need to go stat. Either braids or curls, but not this mess of a braids-curls hybrid.

by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2022 9:37 PM

I don't know about sucks but I feel if she's that much of a superstar I should know more than two of her songs. The songs I know are "Halo" and "All the Single Ladies." Shit, I know more Rihanna songs than that and I'm not a Rihanna stan either. Michael Jackson, for example, even if you ignored his career there were about ten songs that were unavoidable.

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2022 9:38 PM

R78 The 127 writers and 47 producers thank you for your support.

by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2022 9:57 PM

Her daughter is cute and it’s not nice to make fun of a little kid’s looks. I hope she is smart because her mother seems genuinely low IQ.

by Anonymousreply 87August 15, 2022 12:30 AM

She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 88August 15, 2022 12:44 AM

Even LaToya Jackson has called her lame ass.

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2022 12:46 AM

R78 = Tina Knowles.

by Anonymousreply 90August 15, 2022 1:12 AM

All you DLers who are calling Bey a future fat girl should post photos of your Harry Knowles-looking selves. We all know you live in your parents' basements and have never had sex.

by Anonymousreply 91August 15, 2022 1:27 AM

She is VERY fat. She is always air brushed and filtered and posed with her clothing strategically draped. If she was just an average mom in a tankini at the beach, she’d look very overweight.I would guess her BMI puts her in the obese range. And she is NOT an average mom. She’s a beautiful woman with a decent build and all the money in the world. She wasn’t born with an unfortunate physique and she was not overweight as a young adult. Like Mariah Carey, she’s got the build to pull off being a size 8 or 10, but they are way past that. It’s not like she’s working 40 hours a week and caring for elderly parents and bringing up kids with minimal help. She can have a chef, nutritionist, and trainer at her beck and call.

by Anonymousreply 92August 15, 2022 1:30 AM

Nothing against her personally, but I HATE HATE HATE her voice and four note range!

It's like the Bizarro Planet that "Queen Bey" is so adored as she really sucks, jumping around like a cheerleader and singing her canned, over-produced "hits". She really gets on my fucking nerves!

by Anonymousreply 93August 15, 2022 1:32 AM

The very definition of a mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 94August 15, 2022 1:33 AM

Beyonce is the greatest music performer of all time. She changed pop music. She changed the world.

She has been at the forefront of gay rights and BLM. She is a pioneer. An activist. A legend.

She's also one of the greatest songwriters of all time, better than McCartney/Lennon, Stevie Wonder and Cole Porter.

by Anonymousreply 95August 15, 2022 1:35 AM

The cult worship has to stop. The Beyhive is almost like the Trumpsters. Their idol can do no wrong. And anyone who criticizes them is bound to get dragged.

by Anonymousreply 96August 15, 2022 1:36 AM

[quote]She has been at the forefront of gay rights and BLM.

Queen Bey threw the first brick at Stonewall-BLM Edition!

She gave us ALL our RIGHTS!

by Anonymousreply 97August 15, 2022 1:40 AM

I feel sorry for those who subscribe to the Datalounge groupthink. They're missing out on joy in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 98August 15, 2022 1:41 AM

She’s overrated, thinks she’s the Oprah of music and is in some weird aaa fake marriage for clout. He didn’t cheat because she’s not into sex but into fame / power so he has the go ahead to fuck (guys from what the rumors say) But she knew an album dedicated to a cheating man and a woman scorned but empowered would make every Beyoncé Stan buy it and then the me too morons take notice as well. It’s crap music. JayZ has one of the most hideous faces and they created kids that looks sadly favor him. They ensured their daughter would hold some weird ass Grammy record for her young age. She is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 99August 15, 2022 1:44 AM

The Beyonce and JayZ marriage was never about love or attraction.

In her feeble mind, she envisioned them being some music industry "power couple" who would rule the world.

The only problem is that neither of them has any talent.

by Anonymousreply 100August 15, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote]All you DLers who are calling Bey a future fat girl

"FUTURE"???!! She's wide as fuck right now!

by Anonymousreply 101August 15, 2022 2:14 AM

R97, she DID throw that first brick. And don't DARE question it or say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 102August 15, 2022 2:16 AM

Ask Jay Z. Ask if she swallows too

by Anonymousreply 103August 15, 2022 2:41 AM

For big time female pop stars from Bey's era?

Give me Rihanna and Gaga everyday of the week over Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 104August 15, 2022 2:44 AM

She doesn't suck, she's just way overrated. There was a time she was almost as overexposed as Phil Collins.

by Anonymousreply 105August 15, 2022 3:52 AM

One of THE most overrated acts ever.

by Anonymousreply 106August 15, 2022 4:47 AM

[quote]

Beyonce is the greatest music performer of all time. She changed pop music. She changed the world.

[quote]She has been at the forefront of gay rights and BLM. She is a pioneer. An activist. A legend.

[quote]She's also one of the greatest songwriters of all time, better than McCartney/Lennon, Stevie Wonder and Cole Porter.

It's not discussed much, but Beyoncé herself dug the Panana Canal singlehandedly, invented the recording of sound, piloted the first moon landing by remote control, taught Beethoven and Rachmaninoff how to play the piano, cracked the genetic code to cure all cancers, taught Mother Theresa how to dance the Virginia Reel, changed Jay-Z's diapers while solving Fermat's last theorem.

by Anonymousreply 107August 15, 2022 5:10 AM

Has this bitch paid Cazwell back his $10 yet?

by Anonymousreply 108August 15, 2022 6:47 AM

BeYAWNce sucks at sucking.

by Anonymousreply 109August 15, 2022 7:17 AM

The media is so up her ass. Her new album is highly acclaimed. Got a 92 on Metacritic. Not a classic song on the album though. Break My Soul is shit and the rest of the album sounds samey. It's queer and black though, and that's enough for woke Twitter and the media to declare it a masterpiece. I'll give to Beyonce, she, or should I say her people, know how to craft a product that will appeal to and flatter Twitter and the critics.

by Anonymousreply 110August 15, 2022 8:23 AM

[quote]It's queer and black though, and that's enough for woke Twitter and the media to declare it a masterpiece.

It's almost insulting, isn't it? There is SO much excellent music out there made by black and gay artists over the decades. Beyoncé's latest album is barely memorable by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 111August 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Renaissance is a great party record by anyone's standards. I'm not a big Bey fan, but she delivered something fantastic with this album.

by Anonymousreply 112August 15, 2022 2:26 PM

She’s stank.

by Anonymousreply 113August 15, 2022 2:38 PM

Look at Tina’s fillers and facial implants! Never mind about Beyoncé’s hair being real or not…Tina jacked up her face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 15, 2022 2:40 PM

That break my soul song sucks

by Anonymousreply 115August 15, 2022 11:05 PM

R115, I've heard it several times now and I still can't tell anyone what it sounds like. It's so unmemorable!

by Anonymousreply 116August 16, 2022 12:42 PM

That's because it sucks.

Just like Beyonce does.

by Anonymousreply 117August 16, 2022 12:46 PM

R115 yeah, it is so generic and just bland. Also, upon reading this thread, I realized Beyonce couldn’t speak. She like couldn’t communicate her thought.

by Anonymousreply 118August 17, 2022 12:54 PM

R78 = “Gee, Your Cunt Smells Terrific!”

by Anonymousreply 119August 17, 2022 12:59 PM

Her team uses imagery and symbolism in her music videos to make her look like she is woke. But she never speaks about the issues because she’s simply not intelligent enough or aware of current events to do so. Her interviews are always laughably painful to watch.

She’s got the vocabulary of a Stepford Wife.

by Anonymousreply 120August 17, 2022 1:51 PM

Beyonce, Britney, Timberlake, Christina, Usher, Ciara, Chris Brown, Rihanna and Bieber came of a time when the industry really had an A&R department and invested heavily in the artists they signed on. Giving them a ton of media training and a selection of hits written by committees.

Beyoncé had a very good team that scooped up hits like Crazy in Love which was musically distinctive at a time when pop and R&B songs sounded the same. Destiny's Child being huge from 2000 to 2005 gave her any leg up. She already was in Austin Powers which she plugged a song in too. Her connection to Jay-Z got her more money to invest into her albums and she found a niche in making video albums since B'Day. Doing movie roles like Cadillac Records, Dreamgirls, Pink Panther and Obsessed kept her in the public eye. Then Sasha Fierce basically cemented her as a huge pop girl. The video albums she kept up and the online fandom happened and supported her religiously. She also hopped on the pro-black trend in the 2010s as it was gaining traction which was smart because the press loves social consciousness and good messages even at the expense of quality.

She's not as big as 2003 to 2009 though but she was surrounded by geniuses who knew how cultivate huge hype and a loyal fanbase. Similar to Taylor Swift who isn't as big as 2005 to 2015 but still has hype and devoted fans.

Rihanna really is comparable to Britney and Madonna honestly in her amount of hits. She can't sing but her attitude, sex appeal, personal life and controversies helped extend her fame. And she's a fashion icon who ventured into designing clothes and makeup. So savvy businesswoman or just has good handlers like Jessica Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2022 10:54 PM

I find it funny how she still dresses like a country bumpkin with loud and colorful girly clothes, floral patterns, big hats, tons of makeup and high heels all the time. It's charming actually but she's not a fashion icon.

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2022 10:58 PM

I'd like her more if she'd dump Jay-Z and go the Tina Turner or Cher route and make actual music about female empowerment music not standing by your cheating thug of a man.

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2022 11:09 PM

Pop music just seemed to turn to complete shit around the turn of the Millennium.

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2022 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!