Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anne Heche: Love Affair with Ellen Destroyed My Career

[QUOTE] “It changed my life forever,” Heche admitted in a 2020 interview. “The stigma attached to that relationship was so bad… I didn’t do a studio picture for 10 years. I was fired from a $10 million picture deal.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2022 1:58 PM

Pick at those bones, vultures.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 1:01 AM

For christ sakes. SHE made the choice to eat Ellen’s pussy. No one forced her.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 1:04 AM

Ellen looked human during their time together. Today, she looks like a demonic old troll.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 1:36 AM

Gosh I forgot how pretty Ellen was when she was younger - prettier than Anne when they were together imo.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 1:39 AM

Anne was very pretty and in her prime when she was with Ellen. I saw some pics in another report.

Ellen controlled the way Anne dressed, didn't like her to dress sexy.

She said she had sex with Ellen the first night and it was the best sex of her life. Ellen must have a magic tongue.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 1:42 AM

I was thinking forked, but I guess magic is possible.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 1:49 AM

I met them multiple times when they were a couple in the late 90s. They were both charming...and even though its cliché, the seemed genuinely in love.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 1:52 AM

Anne is now home with the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 1:52 AM

With her dad and half-brother, Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 11:50 AM

Wasn't the consensus that Anne Heche was basically a "LUG" -- "lesbian until graduation" -- and her affair with Ellen was an opportunistic one? Guess it backfired on her. She went back to men after they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 12:24 PM

Can I have her stuff?

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 12:24 PM

R10, she dated at least one woman after Ellen. Whether or not her relationship was short-lived, she was perfectly comfortable being in an open and public same sex relationship at a time when lifelong lesbians like Rosie O’Donnell were cowering in the closet, and she dealt with the public mockery and career limitations that the other girls had been warned about but were able to sidestep until after her and Ellen made the strides they did.

She earned her lesbian credentials. Let’s drop the fake lez bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 12:56 PM

True. People seem to forget that at the time, Anne was on her way to being one of the top female movie stars, cast opposite Harrison Ford. However, there was a backlash from audiences, who felt she could no longer play a convincing hetero role after coming out with Ellen. Since most roles for women are based on women being with men or wanting to be with men, that eliminated most big roles for her in major films when she was most bankable. Whether or not she passes the mustard for being a "real lesbian" these days, she paid the price with her career when young and at her greatest potential for making it big.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 1:31 PM

[QUOTE] For christ sakes. SHE made the choice to eat Ellen’s pussy. No one forced her.

Ellen did her DIRTY!

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote] Anne is now home with the Lord.

Great, just what I need. More flakey, freeloading roommates!

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]Whether or not she passes the mustard for being a "real lesbian" these days

Oh, dear.

I bet she passed the mayonnaise a few times.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 7:33 PM

Anne was probably bisexual and I hated her at the time for what she did to Ellen but now I realize being in a lesbian relationship ruined her career. I had no idea it was so hard for women to be in same-sex relationships and be A-list actresses. It's still very hard. Hollywood was and still is very homophobic and misogynistic. Canadian actress Wendy Crewson who starred in movies like The Good Son and Air Force One, came out when she was 48 and she mentioned that she couldn't see herself as a successful actress and openly gay. For her, the two didn't go together. That's why Greta Garbo who was sleeping with every woman in Hollywood in the 20s and 30s was pretty damn awesome and courageous.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 7:39 PM

R17 Greta Garbo was protected from being seen as a lesbian by the gigantic MGM PR machine. Today such protection doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 7:41 PM

I think getting loaded during a podcast and driving into a house killed her career

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2022 7:44 PM

The podcast was Tuesday, crash was Friday, and I'm pretty sure they said no alcohol in her system but they found cocaine and fentanyl (which might have been administered by EMT or hospital)

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2022 7:46 PM

I was trapped in Laguna Beach with my Grandma one summer and the small cinema there only showed Six Days, Seven Nights. I saw it maybe ten times, out of boredom.

She probably wasn't going to make it without the Ellen buzz.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2022 7:48 PM

She should led exodus international.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2022 7:50 PM

*have

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2022 7:50 PM

A picture? She spoke like it was 1953.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2022 7:55 PM

I remember reading things back when Six Days Seven Nights came out that test preview audience were snickering every time they had a “scene” together. So I’m sure studio execs took note and I did hurt her career a lot.

That said, she seemed to be someone who loved any sort of attention - good or bad - and that seemed to be a motivating factor for a lot of her “personal choices.” She still became a household name overnight by dating Ellen in a way that no hit movie would (I agree though that she was very much “on her way.”)

And she did happen to be a very good actress.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2022 8:05 PM

I don’t think audiences will ever accept an openly gay actor. I just don’t. Which is fine, gay actors need to figure out their niche.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2022 9:10 PM

They’ve accepted Ben Barnes, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2022 9:26 PM

Who’s Ben Barnes? I’m 43, so I don’t know actors anymore.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2022 9:41 PM

[quote] Canadian actress Wendy Crewson who starred in movies like The Good Son and Air Force One, came out when she was 48 and she mentioned that she couldn't see herself as a successful actress and openly gay

R17 I’m Canadian and this is the first time I’ve heard about Crewson coming out at gay. Good for her.

That being said, I suspect the bigger hurdle for her was turning 48, which sadly is well past the sell-by date for Hollywood actresses.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2022 10:39 PM

R29, She said she didn't come out sooner because she couldn't see how she could have a successful Hollywood career and be a lesbian. So she came out when she was no longer relevant.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2022 11:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2022 1:43 PM

Heche was not gay. She phucked men and women. She was opportunistic, but probably also sincere. Humans being the messes that they are.

by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2022 1:54 PM

Was Anne Heche openly bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2022 1:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!