Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actors From Another World On The Passing Of Anne Heche

Instead of creating multiple threads of this actor and that actor from Another World - this will be the one thread where all past actors from Another World pay tribute to Anne Heche

First statement inside thread

by Anonymousreply 61August 26, 2022 3:24 PM

Russell Todd who played Dr. Jamie Frame posted this on Facebook - more to come

I’m incredibly saddened and pained by this tragedy. Annie was my ex-wife and girlfriend on the NBC soap opera, “Another World” for a year and a half while playing identical twins Vicky and Marley to my character Dr. Jamie Frame. We worked together almost every day, sharing laughs, love scenes, preposterous stories, long hours, drama and triumphs, including a remote shoot we did in Nice, France where our characters fell in love. She was a force of nature. A beautiful and wonderfully talented actress. She was a guide and mentor to me, always there with advice and support. God bless you Annie. I am eternally grateful for our time together and will never forget your talent, devilish smile, indomitable spirit and endless energy. God’s speed my friend. My condolences as well to the family and friends. Love, your Jamie..Russell

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2022 11:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2022 11:30 PM

A stoopid soap opera? I was hoping Celestia knew performers from Neptune.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2022 11:49 PM

We haven't heard from Anna Stuart yet, but here are Donna and Marley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2022 11:58 PM

Anna Stuart & Anne Heche stayed in touch over the years and remained close.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 12:00 AM

Joanna Going (Lisa Grady) just released this statement

I had the honor of working with Anne Heche, on “Another World”. We had enormous fun as rivals onscreen & a lovely friendship off screen. She was a breathtaking star right out of the box & an extraordinary woman. My deepest condolences to her family, friends, & co-workers. 💔

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 12:16 AM

Have Linda Dano or Rachel Cory released statements?

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote]Have Linda Dano or Rachel Cory released statements?

Lady Eyes-a-Buggin’ is too busy at the moment sculpting a bust of Mac to comment.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 12:39 AM

I never watched daytime soaps, but I gather Anne was one of the best at what she did.

Can anyone explain? Seriously interested in her performance and characters.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 1:29 AM

R9 here is Anne Heche Emmy Reel from 1991 - which she won

She plays twins - one good one bad

First scene on this reel is the bad twin (Vicky)

Second scene on this reel is the good twin (Marley)

at the very end of this reel, she plays both twins in the same scene, where she acts against herself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 1:33 AM

Thank you, r10! That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 1:36 AM

R10 Big deal, Patty Duke did that for a full series. Well, they were cousins.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 1:39 AM

I know she had a nice career post-AW but she could’ve easily been the face of that soap had she stayed. That would’ve been her show.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 1:40 AM

[quote] Big deal, Patty Duke did that for a full series. Well, they were cousins.

Patty Duke only did one show a week with six months off

Anne Heche did FIVE different shows a week with only two weeks off

So it is a big deal

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 3:18 AM

[quote]R13 I know she had a nice career post-AW but she could’ve easily been the face of that soap had she stayed. That would’ve been her show.

It takes a certain kind of complacent performer to want to stay on one show for decades. Win or lose, the ones with vision move on.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 3:20 AM

Jensen Buchanan, her replacement, had a year of jail time for her issues with drinking as well.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 10:36 PM

Perhaps the role was cursed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 10:44 PM

I know Julianne Moore also won an Emmy for playing twins - for those who have seen both (I never watched the CBS soaps) who was better?

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 10:47 PM

Post on FB. His name is Christopher Clarens:

I was the production designer of Another World when Anne began her stint as Vicky/Marley. She was very young but her immense talent was evident from the get-go.

To say she was over-used and over-worked is an understatement. 12 hour days, day after day, 5 different directors with 5 different personalities and 5 different directing styles. It would be hard for anyone much less a young, inexperienced actress. I know she started a relationship with one of the female producers of the show and that she was always kind and well behaved with the cast and crew. She left the show exhausted and frayed when she could no longer handle it. I always liked her. This is a terrible tragedy. Period.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 12:01 AM

Here is the farewell montage AW aired for Anne in 1991.

She really was amazing as Vicky/Marley. Way better than any soap opera actress has any right or reason to be. Even more impressive that she was basically the star of the show at such a young age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 5:46 PM

[quote] I know she had a nice career post-AW but she could’ve easily been the face of that soap had she stayed. That would’ve been her show.

It still would have gotten canceled 8 years later. AW’s fate was sealed by then.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 5:47 PM

I'd forgotten how hot that Jamie was. Still remember the ugly red headed one.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 6:02 PM

Michael Fairman interviews Anne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 6:42 PM

Sandra Ferguson (Amanda) has posted this on Facebook

Anne Heche's first network TV show was Another World. It was mine, too. We auditioned and screen tested the same day. I remember being in awe of her because she seemed fearless in her choices, both in her work and in her life. (I was the opposite.) It took me years of learning to be kind to myself, and understanding that Fear is in everyone, and it serves a valuable purpose of keeping us safe. It is our decision just how much influence we give this part of ourselves called Fear. Getting "rid" of it (like as in stage fright) is impossible, but respectfully controlling it can be mastered. I lost touch with Anne many years ago. I realize now she wasn't fearless. No one actually is. Her ability to not let Fear stand in her way gave us the opportunity to enjoy full expression of her talent in every role she took. She was great at her craft. Prayers to her sons and family

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2022 11:10 PM

Has Crystal Gayle released a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2022 11:29 PM

😶😶😶😶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2022 12:39 AM

Did Anne ever speak about Connie Ford?

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2022 12:54 AM

R27 Ain't that a lick in the cunt?

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2022 12:58 AM

Maybe a two-cunt kick, r28 r27.

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2022 1:04 AM

Scoche Marin, who plays the recast and superior Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, will soon release a statement.

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2022 1:05 AM

Lol r30, do you *really* think now is an appropriate time for that?

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2022 5:46 AM

Where is Anna Bananas statement????? I want to hear from her, NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2022 12:58 PM

Russell Curry sucks cock.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2022 3:14 PM

Anna Stuart has given an interview to Roger Friedman about the death of "her daughter" Anne Heche

Early on Anne Heche had spent a lot of time at Anna Stuart’s home, even after she’d left the soap. “She was closer to me than almost anyone except my husband, my dogs, and my cats,” Stuart said softly.

They became close friends right away. Heche liked where Stuart was living enough that she rented a nearby cottage. “We were family,” Stuart says. “She’d bring boyfriends by. I was in her [very small] wedding [to husband Coley Laffoon]. Badgely Mischka asked to dress her. She had two dresses.” Over time, Heche brought both Laffoon and their newborn son, Homer, for visits.

Of the marriage to Laffoon, Stuart says, “Anne marched to her own drummer. I don’t know. They were on two different pages.” She added, not suggesting this had anything to do with Laffoon, “She had a mantra, Truth is my weapon.”

We did talk briefly about Heche’s relationship with Ellen DeGeneres. Stuart says, “I’m not sure she would have gone ahead with it if she’d known the toll it would take on her career.”

Now she tells me a story about Anne’s failed audition for Brian DePalma’s movie, “Carlito’s Way.” “She was supposed to play a stripper, a pole dancer,” Stuart recalls, “Penelope Miller got the part. Al Pacino thought Anne was too young. But still, Heche was all in. Stuart accompanied her to a private men’s club on 8th Avenue. “She took a stiff drink and then she got up and did it. She danced on a pole. And there I was, dressed like her prudish chaperone in my turtleneck. But I was like a mother at a 6 year old’s dance recital. I was so proud of her. And she was good!”

So what happened? Stuart doesn’t know. She hadn’t seen Heche since before the pandemic, but there were many calls and Face Time, birthday greetings last May. “If I’d known she was in so much trouble,” Stuart says. “I needed to see her in person. She was losing her way. There were signs. She lost her balance. She was obviously in a lot of pain. I can’t help anyone reason it out.”

In an earlier email, Stuart summed up her relationship with Heche for me: “Meeting Anne Heche, was like being transported up to the Starship Enterprise into a new galaxy. She was like no one I had ever met. Her sparkle, her enthusiasm, and fierce curiosity, made you want to stand close by, in the hopes that some of it might rub off on you. She affected everyone that way. I saw that magic over and over again.” She adds: “She is truly dancing with the stars.”

by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2022 12:00 AM

Here's the link to the Anna Stuart interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2022 1:41 AM

This was already IN one thread, not sure why we needed a second.

by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2022 1:43 AM

Read the title of this thread, r36, and you'll see this is where the Anna Stuart interview belongs. It's the only thread I'm still reading.

by Anonymousreply 37August 19, 2022 1:46 AM

Rena Sofer (General Hospital, Loving, Bold & Beautiful) had a recurring role as Joyce on Another World and released this statement

My first BIG audition was for #anotherworld when I was just 18 years old. I auditioned alongside another 18 year old newbie Anne Heche and Sandra Ferguson. We all three were fortunate enough to land roles on the show. Sandy GOT the job we were up for and I got a small recurring role but Anne shined so brightly she got a double role as the twins Vicky and Marley. She obviously went on to do such great things both in her career and in her life. I would bet her greatest achievement was being a mom to her two sons. I was not friends with Anne but I remember watching her work and being in awe of her talent. It always struck me that we started at pretty much the exact same time in the same way and I never forgot that. My heart goes out to her family and friends but especially to her sons. My heart breaks for them. Rest In Peace Anne💔

by Anonymousreply 38August 19, 2022 1:51 AM

R34 wow that makes me sad. And these enablers like the podcast host who thought her getting loaded on air was “cute.”

A cottage though - wasn’t AW filmed in New York?

by Anonymousreply 39August 19, 2022 2:08 AM

[quote] A cottage though - wasn’t AW filmed in New York?

I don't know where Anna Stuart lived, but Victoria Wydham lived in Westchester and drove the long distance from there to Brooklyn to film Another World

Anna Stuart likes nature, so she was probably living in an area with lush green landscape

by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2022 2:12 AM

AW taped in Brooklyn and ATWT took over the studio after AW ended. It was a common complaint how far it was to get there. It's why Miss Buchanan was given a chopper ride to come to work.

The studio itself, JC Studios, had a long history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 19, 2022 2:19 AM

I demand a statement from Lady Eyes A Buggin'.

by Anonymousreply 42August 19, 2022 2:19 AM

Has Tom Eplin released a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 43August 19, 2022 4:07 AM

Anna Banana gave Anne her first vibrator. I hope that Anna Banana gets it back from Anne’s estate!

by Anonymousreply 44August 19, 2022 7:57 AM

Vee, who is in the biz you know and bullies everyone at SON, scrubbed the toilets at JC Studios.

by Anonymousreply 45August 19, 2022 10:04 AM

Tom Eplin lives in a van down by the river these days.

by Anonymousreply 46August 19, 2022 2:13 PM

One poster said Tom Eplin sold her a car - that he now sells cars for a living

by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2022 5:03 PM

Tom Eplin is a bi-sexualist, according to those in the know.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2022 9:13 AM

I hope it wasn't THE car.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2022 9:16 AM

Waiting with baited breath for a Barbara Berjer statement.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2022 11:58 AM

Did Connie Ford take Anne ‘under her wing’?

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2022 12:04 PM

Anne wasn't Connie's type. She liked them dumb and naive.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2022 12:14 PM

Anna Stuart talks to Soap Hub about the famous slap Anne Heche improvised in her Emmy Reel (see below)

“The slap [back] was quite spontaneous on [Anne’s] part,” says Stuart, who applauds her scene partner’s choice. “It seemed only natural for her to follow her instincts to slap me back, and for me to say, ‘Don’t ever do that again!’ That was not scripted, but they liked it. We had many of those moments, but that one stood out. We surely did love working together. We were a good match.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2022 5:05 PM

Anna Banana taught Anne about vibrators.

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2022 10:10 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 55August 24, 2022 2:24 AM

Did Anna introduce Anne to her good friend Geri Court?

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2022 2:26 AM

Has Philece Sampler released a statement?

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2022 7:46 AM

What has Jensen Buchanan said about all of this?

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2022 8:31 AM

R58 she is being helicoptered in to the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 59August 25, 2022 6:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 25, 2022 6:23 PM

Has Ellen Wheeler issued a statement?

by Anonymousreply 61August 26, 2022 3:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!