Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Caitlyn Jenner has jealous and awkward feelings toward OJ Simpson

From "The secrets of my life" book by Caitlyn Jenner:

Kris restores my credibility. She helps to restore the image of Bruce. I also believe that Kris gets something from me. Her divorce from Robert Kardashian, a successful lawyer and entrepreneur later made famous for his ceaseless loyalty to his longtime friend O.J. Simpson, had been ugly.

Robert was angry . He could not believe that Kris was leaving. There was a great deal of acrimony. As in many difficult divorces, I believe that Robert wanted Kris to realize she had made a terrible mistake and end up in some crappy apartment in the Valley. It didn’t happen that way. We made a glamorous couple, clearly in love. We began to have success in business as a team. I was well known. So sometimes I wondered if Kris was making a statement to her former husband: a big fuck you.

It is because of Kris that my social life expands, She is extremely close with OJ Simpson and Nicole, which also means that O.J. comes into my life. I already know him a little bit, and a little bit goes a very long way because of his endless braggadocio. We have both come out of the same world of the male athlete. O.J. was at the completely opposite side of the spectrum as me.

For all our profound personal differences, our careers had shared many similarities.

He seized the attention of the nation when he played football at the University of Southern California, capped off with a Heisman Trophy and the indelible image of him running for a sixty-four-yard touchdown to beat UCLA in 1967 in one of the greatest college football games of all time. It put him high atop a public pedestal that only grew higher when he played pro football for the Buffalo Bills and set a single-season rushing record in 1973 with 2003 yards. I likewise seized the attention of the nation when I won the decathlon, capped off with setting a world record on live television and the indelible image of the victory lap I took waving the American flag.

We both became the faces of major brands, O.J. with Hertz and I with Wheaties. We both became sportscasters for ABC and later NBC. We both did motivational speeches. We both had modest film careers. We were both on the charity golf and tennis tournament circuit. We both knew what it was like to feel that pedestal, like a block of ice, begin to melt and the inevitability that others will take our places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 5:48 AM

Kris is the wiliest bitch of the past two centuries, my God. This nobody from nowhere has gotten everywhere. Pretty impressive.

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2022 3:50 AM

Because we had much in common, there perhaps should have been a lot for us to share and talk about. But there wasn’t. We may have been of the same world, but we were not in the same world. If I looked in the mirror and loathed myself, I looked at O.J. and saw a male athlete. I wonder if this contributed to my feelings of awkwardness around him.

I first met O.J. at the US Olympic Trials in Eugene, Oregon, in 1976. I was competing and he was broadcasting. I saw him after that at a charity tennis tournament in Forest Hills when we were both invited as celebrities. I always found him affable but his need for one-upmanship such that it was almost like he was on the football field again. I was always wary.

Kris’s relationship to O.J. also went back a long time. He had been an usher at her wedding to Robert Kardashian in 1978. When Kris first mentioned O.J. to me, the marriage between him and Nicole was fundamentally over.

Kris told me that Nicole had a love-hate relationship with OJ. She wanted to be with him but hated him to such a degree that she once had said to her: Every time he gets on a plane I hope it crashes.

The week after Kris shared Nicole’s comment with me, I saw O.J. at the Robert F. Kennedy charity golf tournament in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts. He was practicing putts. He was friendly.

It became even stranger when O.J. said he had taken a Lear jet from New York for the tournament and it was so crowded that he had to sit on the toilet in the back. He made fun of it, and I laughed along with him, but once again I was thinking something very different.

That would have made Nicole even happier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2022 3:50 AM

Kris was in town with me, so we made plans with O.J. to have dinner that night at a vintage New Orleans French restaurant. We got there early. All I wanted to do was be discreet, get in and get dinner and get out without attention since I was still frequently recognized. The restaurant—I think it was Galatoire’s—had a steady hum, and that was the sound of eating remarkable food. A thousand great and famous dignitaries and celebrities had eaten there.

O.J. walked in fifteen minutes later with his posse. : other diners turned in their chairs and started yelling “Juice! Juice!” (so much for the uninterrupted sound of eating).

We finished dinner and walked out onto Bourbon Street. The street was noisy and the crowd yelling “Juice! Juice! Juice!” just like he was back playing UCLA.

We stopped in front of a strip club. The line was thirty deep. As many people recognized me as they did O.J., He went right by high-fiving people as he walked right in. Once again the cries of “Juice! Juice!”

I had never been to a place like this. I know I was supposed to like it. I tried to act as comfortable as possible, at least as if I was amused. All I had to do was look at O.J. to see those expectations fulfilled, drinking and laughing and having lap dances like nobody’s business.

Once, I made small talk one time by mentioning a company I had signed with, and O.J. said, Oh yeah, I know the CEO, we are really good friends. After a while I never brought up anything because I knew O.J.’s response would be that he had done it first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2022 4:01 AM

I was in Chicago playing in a celebrity golf tournament on June 13, 1994, when somebody drove up to me in a cart and said I had to call home because there was an emergency. I instantly feared someone in the family had gotten hurt. I immediately called Kris, Nicole is dead… You have to come home right away.

Kris did not know the circumstances, whether it was a robbery or home invasion or what. I threw my stuff into my suitcase and headed for the airport. I did not know until later that O.J. had been in Chicago as well.

When I got to the ticket counter, the agent recognized me and smiled and casually uttered what would turn out to be the creepiest thing ever said to me, a chilling reminder that no matter how different O.J. and I were, people would always perceive us as being from the same male athlete gender mold, recognizable celebrities because of our sports accomplishments, peas in the same pod.

Oh, O.J. had to get back to Los Angeles, too.

I have tried to erase O.J. from my mind, but the trial caused enormous tension within the family because of all the improbably woven strands. Kris and I believed he had done it. Because of Robert Kardashian’s relationship to O.J.—being on his defense team and one of his longstanding friends—Robert’s daughters Kourtney and Kim were on O.J.’s side (Khloé was too young to really understand).

The case was impossible to discuss, two daughters firm in the conviction that he hadn’t done it , and their mother and stepfather firm in the conviction that he had done it. When O.J. was found not guilty, Kourtney came into the house after school and said to me: See, I told you he didn’t do it.

I am always cognizant of my role of stepfather, but this was one of the rare moments where I just stepped in without checking with Robert first, because that simply wasn’t possible given his role in the trial. I took both Kourtney and Kim aside privately and said to them: The name of O.J. Simpson will never be mentioned in this house again. It wasn’t.

But it still lingered in so many different ways, because he would always haunt us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2022 4:12 AM

You know what I fucks with Cait. I'm starting to think she's the most reasonable one out of the Kardashian brand. And this is coming from a Kanye superfan.

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2022 4:20 AM

Kris's body language vis-a-vis Bruce is odd in all of the photos.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2022 4:24 AM

R6 True

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2022 4:27 AM

R5 Don't be fooled, Caitlyn is a hypocrite and an attention whore just like the Kardashain clan.

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2022 4:34 AM

Caitlyn Talking about the relationship with Kris:

"Since—let’s not kid ourselves—everyone wants to know, Kris and I have good and frequent sex at the beginning. It is imbued with affection and love, but my attitude is no different than it was in high school: I’m just not entirely comfortable with it.

I tell Kris about my gender issues before I make love to her. I don’t want to repeat the unfairness of what I did to Linda, literally springing it on her one day after we had been married for several years. I don’t tell her the full extent, that Trudy Hill had said unequivocally that my condition would never change and the only thing I could do was somehow try to live with it on my own terms.

But I tell her a great deal.

This will always be a subject of dispute between Kris and me as to how much she could intuit about my gender issues. She insists that she was taken by surprise by my ultimate transition to Caitlyn, which obviously means in her mind that she did not know enough. On Keeping Up with the Kardashians she shed copious tears in coming to grips with it. Given what she saw, the whole reaction seemed a little puzzling then and seems puzzling now.

I told her there had been a woman inside me all my life. I told her I dressed as a woman, and she knew I did, because I did it several times in front of her after we were married. I don’t know how much I elaborated on the electrolysis to remove the hair from my face and chest, but I would say it was pretty self-evident.

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2022 4:45 AM

I also told her I had been in hormone therapy for roughly the past four and a half years before stopping six months earlier. It was obvious that the effect of the hormones had caused something—two somethings to be exact. To me they were the development of breasts, size 36B.

To Kris they were man boobs caused by my being out of shape. I was out of shape, but not out of shape enough in my mind to cause size 36B man boobs. In my mind, she must have known what they were, which would indicate someone very confused about gender. So the idea that she was later shocked by my transition is equally shocking to me. It implies that I left her in the dark about the severity of my struggles.

Kris and I talk. She is willing to see what it feels like. So the first time I dress up in front of her, she seems comfortable. But I am the one who is uncomfortable, I get the feeling that Kris is willing to let me cross-dress on certain occasions only because this is what I want. She has no real interest, and it’s kind of ridiculous of me to think that she would. So I stop after a few times. It is easier and causes fewer problems.

She married Bruce. It is Bruce whose career she is trying to resuscitate. She has defended Bruce to her friends who have heard the rumors. Eventually Kris and I do reach an understanding—take Caitlyn on the road—but she is not to play in our home or hometown. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2022 4:55 AM

Caitlyn Jenner was a deadbeat dad:

"Kris just did not want my kids around anymore once we had our own children, fierce in her belief that I had only one family now and that was her and the Kardashians.

Burt and Casey and Brandon and Brody are my children, and it was incumbent upon me to see them and make them part of my life regardless of what others wanted or didn’t want. The kids are a part of my life, and I had to do whatever it took to make them a part of my life. I needed to assert myself. But I could not. So I let go of them, which is a softer way of saying I abandoned them. Because I did abandon them.

I begin to see less and less of the Jenner children. As the years go by I barely see them at all. My parental efforts are concentrated entirely on the raising of the Kardashian children and then Kendall and Kylie. I miss birthdays with the Jenner kids. I miss graduations, either because I am not invited or am invited and just don’t come. Burt idolizes the rugged and daring image of Bruce, and I piss on it.

I cope the way I so often cope with things. I block the kids from my mind, almost as if they exist only as an abstraction, part of someone else’s life. I also don’t want to argue with Kris. I don’t want to argue with Linda and Chrystie. I cannot deal with any kind of confrontation. I run from it. Confrontation leaves me terribly wounded and even more insecure and filled with self-doubt than I already am. I am scared of asserting myself and often try to deflect with a humorous quip.

The Jenner kids have loving mothers and stepfathers. So maybe that’s what I tell myself: they are doing fine and don’t really need me. It is another way of coping with my guilt in not fighting as hard as I should have to see them when they were growing into their adolescence and young adulthood. I act as if I am powerless, that it wasn’t my fault, there was nothing I could do. I make myself a helpless victim.

I do the same with my sister, who has been such a mainstay in my life and whom I have adored since I was little. When Kris threw a party to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of my Olympic win, Pam was not invited. Neither was my mother (my dad was). Pam was devastated.

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2022 5:06 AM

R9, I love this cunt spilling the beans on this pretentious family and their tv tears. Put them out there Cait. I knew it was a reason Queen Bey didn't fuck with them or Kim.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2022 5:07 AM

R11 Nicole Brown and her friend Kris Jenner were both nasty cunts.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2022 5:09 AM

Bye Bye Breasts:

"In 1995 Kendall comes into our lives. It is an incredible moment, one that at a certain point we thought would never happen. I have been off hormone therapy for several years. But one of the possible side effects of therapy is that you shoot blanks, so to speak. Actually, you aren’t shooting much of anything. Kris and I discussed it and then together consulted with an endocrinologist, who after examination said that everything had returned to normal now that I had stopped the therapy.

After Kris gets pregnant with Kendall I become increasingly concerned about the breasts. I worry that I won’t even be able to go to a swimming pool because they are so obviously noticeable.

These are not man boobs, folks. These are breasts. You don’t go to a plastic surgeon to get man boobs removed. Imagine your own father having them while continuing to maintain that he is a man.

I talk to Kris about it. We go to a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. I tell him they are the residue of steroid use, a condition known as gynecomastia. Which of course is a lie: I have never taken any steroids in my life. But at this point I am willing to sully my own reputation.

The procedure is easy. He basically liposuctions them out, and from the vantage point of looking like a “normal” father I do look much better. But from the vantage point of myself I am sad for months afterward. I liked having them. Not only did they make me feel good about myself; I feel that my chest always should have been that way.

On the other hand, trying to hide them has become a pain in the neck. On windy days I am constantly pulling my shirt down so you can’t see them. On one occasion I am walking across the street with Kris and the shirt is loose and I keep grabbing at it.

So as sad as I am to get rid of them, it is the only thing to do. I am stuck in Bruce mode forever, and that’s that. Turn your focus elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2022 5:19 AM

Enough with the "I dressed like a woman" crap. It's sexist and ridiculous.

Give me a hairy bear lumberjack who says he's a woman and I'll respect that. Playing dress up is not being a woman.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2022 5:19 AM

OJ Simpson Talks about the former Bruce Jenner

In competition, X is X and Y is Y

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2022 5:27 AM

OJ Simpson talking about Caitlyn Jenner wanting to run for governor

Caitlyn Jenner, WHAT?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2022 5:32 AM

OJ Simpson denying the rumors about Kris Jenner and Khloe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2022 6:20 AM

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 1:08 AM

Anyone who is only able to write in the present tense is an idiot, Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 1:20 AM

I find Kris Jenner to be a luridly fascinating individual. She's almost Shakespearean.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 1:22 AM

R20, thank you! I was about to post the same comment. Pretentious bit$&.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 2:07 AM

She can turn an Olympic athlete trans, r21!

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 2:10 AM

Bitch needs an editor.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 2:39 AM

R12 I don’t see them as pretentious. I will always see them as lowbrow nouveau riche trash, which, despite the numbers of zeros in their bank account, they always will be. They are a zeitgeist of a certain era in time; the tacky mascot clan of the dark era in history where art was dead and corporate capitalism reigned supreme.

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 5:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!