Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

April Fool's Day (1986)

What do you think of this movie?

I think it has the best cast ever assembled for an 80s slasher movie.

I get the feeling the writer is a gay male with all the gay undertones/humor (subtle and not-so-subtle) and the way the women are written. He also wrote the Beverly Hills Cop movies (the original also has a ton of gay undertones and humor).

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2022 3:38 PM

Love the film. You are right, it's a great cast. Ken Olandt is at his beefiest and looks great in his underwear (and brief side nudity). Amy Steel is a once again a great final girl. Would love to see the lost alternate ending

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2022 12:23 PM

Love Deborah Goodrich and her silky voice.

She was so fab as the scheming Silver Kane on All My Children.

“You better get out of here and you better get out of here fast because the sight of you *sickens* me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2022 12:40 PM

It certainly has its good points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2022 1:25 PM

It’s a lot of fun. I’d also love to see the deleted ending but I fear it no longer exists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2022 2:05 PM

Biff Tannen? The Valley Girl? Griffin O'Neal? Gag me with a spoon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 8:50 PM

Deborah Foreman was wonderful in "Valley Girl," then the good roles kind of dried up.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 9:00 PM

What made you think of this movie, op?

I haven't seen it in decades, but Showtime started showing it last month.

I thought it was a fun horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 9:03 PM

I loved it, but in hindsight, Buffy was kinda a genuine sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 9:08 PM

r6 She has moved on from acting. She has some other talents and apparently has accepted the loss of her celebrity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 9:12 PM

It’s been so long I can’t remember if it was in one of the extra features in the DVD, or in the film itself, but there’s a funny moment where Thomas F. Wilson is queen-ing out and acting gay while someone films him with a video camera.

When I saw that I was sure the actor must be gay (he seemed totally at ease) but, um… yeah I definitely don’t think Thomas F. Wilson is gay.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 9:22 PM

r6 and r8 I LOVED Deborah Foreman back then - so great in My Chauffeur too with Sam Jones!

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 9:36 PM

The new movie Bodies Bodies Bodies is a character driven mystery that feels tonally similar to April Fools Day, though the endings are nothing alike. I wonder if that’s why it’s been airing on cable recently

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 2:43 AM

Several friends of mine went to high school with Deborah Foreman in Plano/Dallas, and they all have said she was a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 2:56 AM

Q&A with Deborah Foreman, Deborah Goodrich Royce, Leah Pinsent and Amy Steel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 8:55 PM

I watched that panel a while back, r14. Leah Pinsent is...something!

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 9:00 PM

Danilo Bach actually only wrote the first Beverly Hills Cop.

The Burning (1981), Halloween II (1981) and Friday the 13th 4 (1984) arguably have even better casts, but the chemistry/charisma isn't as strong as this one.

There's talk of a bunch of different alternate endings, but I don't how much of it was just scripted or actually filmed.

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2022 12:43 PM

The host at r14 is hot.

R15, I wonder if the three actresses were so late for the Q&A because Leah was being read the riot act for not wearing black like they’d all agreed to do.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2022 1:43 PM

Yum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2022 3:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!