Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olivia Newton John is DEAD to ME Part 2

First one is full

by Anonymousreply 82October 27, 2022 11:21 AM

Still dead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2022 2:53 AM

Lol. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2022 2:57 AM

Is John Travolta comforting Matt Lattanzi?

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2022 2:59 AM

Matt Lattanzi is 63, r3. He doesn't look like he used to look.

Nor does John Travolta, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2022 3:18 AM

“Magic” is worth revisiting in memoriam.

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2022 3:26 AM

Kristin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2022 6:08 AM

I can't see any pictures online of the bald 63 year old Matt Lattanzi.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2022 6:10 AM

I always thought Matt Latinas was 100 percent Italian, then reading his Wikipedia entry today, I learn his dad's Italian and his mom is Polish. DL fave Thom Bierdz is also of Polish-Italian descent. I guess that ethnicity combination is capable of producing some stunning male beauty.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2022 6:37 AM

And yet again I ask - why are some Americans so obsessed with race?

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2022 6:41 AM

Oops should say Matt Lattanzi not Matt Latinas above (auto-correct error)

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2022 6:43 AM

This article summarizes well Olivia's underrated impact on the music scene:

[quote]While she faded from the pop mainstream, her peers knew when credit was due: Mariah Carey invited her to perform Hopelessly Devoted to You live in Australia in 1998; Dua Lipa’s 2020 single Physical is evidently (shamelessly) indebted to Newton-John’s hit of the same name. “Since I was 10 years old, I have loved and looked up to Olivia Newton-John,” Kylie Minogue tweeted. “And I always will.” And even without those namechecks, Newton-John’s legacy endures: as one of the earliest women in pop to embrace different eras, genres, sounds and even self-presentation, she lives on in the DNA of every female pop star’s self-reinvention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2022 8:05 AM

[quote] And yet again I ask - why are some Americans so obsessed with race?

Not obsessed, curious.

Some of us aren't scared of facts.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2022 8:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2022 8:32 AM

So many absent / fake-death husbands! Such friendship with Karen Carpenter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2022 10:50 AM

For those on the previous thread interested in what a state funeral might comprise in Australia: her body is to be buried in the US, so this is being known as a memorial service and there won't be a coffin or, probably anything in the streets (that will be at next year's Mardi Gras, where both the marchers and the crowd will be singing ONJ songs till your ears bleed).

If it takes after other recent state funerals, the main thing is that it will be televised nationally and no doubt the stream will be available internationally. I assume it will be in Melbourne. If the family wants a church service it will happen in one of Melbourne's largest and most central ones. If not, it will happen in a large enough venue to accommodate an audience of hundreds, plus the requisite TV cameras.

The public will be allowed in if there is space after the invited guests, and they will likely have a screen outside the church/venue for the overflow. There will be music, possibly video clips of her, and many eulogies and readings, some by family, some by celebrities, some by the people she has worked with from her cancer foundation. (Her Wellness and Research Centre is an imposing building in Melbourne.) The Premier and/or the Prime Minister will probably speak briefly. Some overseas celebrities and friends will attend and others will likely appear by Zoom.

Link attached to show her cancer research and care centre. If you go to its home page there's a lovely tribute to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2022 1:21 PM

Have You Never Been Mellow?

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2022 1:28 PM

Damn it, when will I stop crying?

MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2022 1:51 PM

Also happened in Sydney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2022 2:04 PM

Question: in his tribute, Travolta says something like "we'll be together again." Do scientologists believe in an afterlife?

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2022 3:35 PM

Now the Internet is just pushing things to me to make me cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Warning: the song at the end of that clip, where Olivia and Andy sing together, will tear you to shreds. Bring tissues.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2022 5:01 PM

For those who want to see how Matt looks nowadays...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2022 5:03 PM

Thank you all for posting your thoughts on Olivia. I, too, feel like I’m mourning a good friend.

I was in 7th grade when “I Honestly Love You” was a big hit on the radio. A friend had given me the album (If You Love Me) that year. I’ve been a fan ever since. I bought all of her albums, watched every appearance on tv and went to every movie she was in. But what I really wanted to do was to see her live. I lived in Upstate NY at the time and the closest venue was SPAC (in Saratoga).

Finally, she came the to SPAC in the summer of 1982. And where was I? Doing a goddam summer internship at the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel in Yellowstone Park. I was PISSED!!

I didn’t get to see her until years later. Once in Boston and again in Lowell(!), MA. The thing that amazed me seeing her live was to see how many gay men were in the audience. All my friends used to make fun of me for being such a huge fan, but at the concerts, I was one among many. Even my boyfriend (husband now) who I had to drag along with me said, “Who knew?”

I've posted it before, but even though "Sam" is my favorite song, this holds a special place in my heart for where my life was as I listened to it years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2022 5:04 PM

Olivia continues to dominate the daily iTunes charts, with Hopelessly Devoted To You at #1, Magic at #2, You're the One That I Want at #4, Let Me Be There at #6, Physical at #8, Have You Never Been Mellow at #9, and I Honestly Love You at #10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2022 5:12 PM

Still kvelling!

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2022 5:42 PM

This was just posted on the Carson Show's account. Featuring performances of If You Love, Let Me Know and I Honestly Love You.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2022 6:10 PM

I hope younger generations have come to realize how awesome this lady was. RIP Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2022 9:29 PM

ONJ in her heyday 1978

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2022 2:33 AM

I wasn't into her music but she seemed sweet.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2022 2:50 AM

^ I'm not American so I don't understand the habit of applauding a performer during the first verse of a song as well as after it.

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2022 2:51 AM

R30- If you are referencing my post- This video is a live performance in Amsterdam, Netherlands 1978- NOT the United States.

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2022 3:02 AM

From John Farrar:

[quote]Pat and I have no words to describe how we feel at the loss of our dear friend Olivia. She has been a major part of our lives for so many years. Olivia we love you and always will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2022 6:26 PM

Richard Wilkins loses it (his emotions, that is).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote] Richard Wilkins spawned a brainless freak.

Much worse than the brainless freak spawned by Livvy and Matt Lattanzi.

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2022 12:35 AM

Final photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2022 3:33 AM

John Travolta is getting together a Hollywood group to fly to the state funeral in Australia. He approached Eric Roberts who declined. Eric had forgotten that Olivia was in It's My Party in which he had the starring role. He reported he could not go to Australia because Greta Scacchi would be waiting at the airport for him with a pitchfork.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2022 5:01 AM

Latest on the state funeral is "it may more closely resemble a memorial concert". IDK how reliable that is. Not surprised Travolta is coming to it, though. He's been to Australia many times, having first been sent by ONJ.

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2022 5:11 AM

Deadline reports:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2022 5:17 AM

^ The much-hated State Premier of Victoria in Australia announced the "special send-off" will be orchestrated by the same people who did the "special send-off" to that cricketer named Shane Warne.

It will be very schmaltzy with "peak-emotion points" throughout the 90 minute spectacle in which the audience will be expected to cry.

(I know it will get tawdry if that obese geriatric numbskull named Johnny Farnham is allowed to take the microphone.)

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2022 5:43 AM

Elton John performed at the Shane Warne memorial so wonder if he will do the same for Olivia?

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2022 10:14 AM

Kylie Minogue also.

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2022 10:16 AM

Farnham and Olivia were great friends, so yeah, he probably will be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2022 10:23 AM

Susan George published a lengthy text about her long friendship with Olivia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2022 11:05 AM

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with her daughter? Why does everyone say she is troubled? I saw the interview upthread and she seems lovely, just overdid it with the plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2022 4:20 PM

Thx r32 I’ve been watching out for his response

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2022 4:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2022 7:59 PM

Olivia Newton-John on "Boomeride" (1965)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2022 9:01 PM

R47 Olivia always looked like Olivia. Even when she was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2022 9:05 PM

Molly Meldrum has shared an emotional tribute to Olivia Newton-John, revealing his pain over losing a friend he considered “family”.

“Tonight, the stars will shine a little brighter and I am heartbroken!” the 79-year-old wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2022 9:06 PM

Do we think that ONJ's cancer was caused by fertility treatments? In that interview, she says she tried to have more after Chloe but wasn't able to carry them to term. That is what ended up killing Kelly Preston, too.

by Anonymousreply 50August 13, 2022 9:15 PM

She’s got cancer genes in her family. Her father and sister died from it

by Anonymousreply 51August 13, 2022 9:21 PM

Just saw on Amazon you can pre-order a Deluxe Edition 2 CD of If Not For you that gets released September 9th.

by Anonymousreply 52August 13, 2022 11:17 PM

R52 It will have 2 previously unreleased tracks!

by Anonymousreply 53August 13, 2022 11:21 PM

R19...I think a better question is: Does Travolta really believe in scientology? Compare to other high profile members of the cult, his commitment seems rather vague.

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2022 12:29 AM

Olivia sings at the Olympic Games in Sydney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2022 12:55 AM

Her first cousin Max Born starred in "Fellini Satyricon," and her third cousin was Ben Elton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2022 6:33 AM

In all the writeups I haven't seen it mentioned she won a Hayley Mills lookalike contest.

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2022 9:45 AM

Olivia makes chart appearances Down Under.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2022 1:33 PM

[quote]In all the writeups I haven't seen it mentioned she won a Hayley Mills lookalike contest.

And eventually a Juliet Mills marry-alike contest?

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2022 3:47 PM

I do weekly shopping on Sunday and as I'm driving the local station plays old American Top 40 episodes.

For this week in 1980 (August 16) the number one song was.....Magic.

*sobs!*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2022 6:24 PM

How Olivia made it in the US when others didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2022 7:36 PM

I had never read anything about her family before her death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2022 8:24 PM

Images of Olivia's properties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2022 12:57 AM

An article about Olivia's songwriting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2022 3:05 PM

Final wish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2022 1:03 AM

Olivia and Moe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2022 11:09 AM

I was expecting Moe Howard of the Three Stooges and I am bitterly disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2022 3:59 PM

New TV special Olivia - A Magical Life. will share an abundance of intimate memories from the late star’s life and feature a never-before-seen interview where the music icon shares details of her final resting place in Australia, prior to her tragic death.

The programme will be a star-studded event featuring appearances from Bee Gees’ Barry Gibb, music veteran Cliff Richard and Australian pop singer Delta Goodrem.

Newton-John’s co-star Didi Conn, who played Frenchie in Grease, will also make an appearance for the special.

Songbird Dani Im will also be lending her vocals for the special, alongside Wendy Mathews, Katie Noonan and Samantha Jade, who will perform Newton-John’s hit classic I Honestly Love You.

by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2022 10:46 PM

When r68?? What channel????

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2022 10:53 PM

Article about special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2022 10:55 PM

Everyone saw this coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2022 10:56 PM

I wonder what's happening with the State Funeral/Memorial. Pretty sure this is the longest it's taken to get one on. Nothing about it on Oz TV yet.

I assume either a lot of international guests want to take part in person, or there's a family issue.

by Anonymousreply 72August 21, 2022 10:37 AM

Plans for Newton-John’s state memorial are still underway with Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews promising that the day will be “celebrating her life … her music and film and all the other amazing contributions that she made”.

by Anonymousreply 73August 21, 2022 1:08 PM

Remember Olivia in the October annual Walk for Wellness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2022 8:50 PM

But Chloe will not be attending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 24, 2022 8:52 PM

Olivia's hidden talent - photographer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 9, 2022 12:06 AM

On Monday, September 26 it would be her 74th birthday. Does anyone know when they are having her state funeral in Australia, or any memorial service in America ? I'm sure she has been cremated or buried by now - we're nearly going on two months. Nothing has been said about her funeral since a few days after - no updates at all.

by Anonymousreply 77September 22, 2022 7:37 PM

She was sadly upstaged by the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 78September 23, 2022 10:34 AM

R78. Seems I'm always second best but you learn along the way that's the price you have to pay...

by Anonymousreply 79September 24, 2022 3:19 AM

Wow r62, I had no idea she was Jewish!

by Anonymousreply 80September 24, 2022 3:45 AM

[quote]She was sadly upstaged by the Queen.

Except ONJ died over a month before the Queen. There’s no reason a funeral should have taken this long to plan.

by Anonymousreply 81September 24, 2022 3:53 AM

An article dated October 13 reports the state funeral is to be in early December with the ceremony is to be held at Melbourne's Royal Botanic Gardens - one of the late actress' favourite places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 27, 2022 11:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!