Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why wasn’t Bonnie Hunt a Bigger Star?

Five canceled series. In my opinion hysterically funny. Should have been the next Meg Ryan. What happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2022 9:46 PM

LOVE Bonnie. And she's a genuinely nice person to boot.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2022 2:21 PM

She lacks... edge.

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2022 2:32 PM

I don't care how cornball it is, I love "Return to Me."

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2022 2:34 PM

She doesn't suck

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2022 2:56 PM

She should have stuck to drama.

She was excellent in Loggerheads!

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2022 2:58 PM

KYRA SEDGWICK!

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2022 2:58 PM

She’s so Midwest, bordering on Frau.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2022 3:12 PM

David Letterman certainly agrees with OP.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2022 3:12 PM

Very midwestern, very whitebread, very Catholic.

It's amazing Hollywood gave her the opportunities it did. (And yes, Letterman was her big champion. To Bonnie's credit, I don't think she ever touched him. Ewww.)

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2022 3:21 PM

Loved her on the Tom Snyder show. They had a great rapport

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2022 3:25 PM

She seems to have a bit of edge. This cooking segment with Joan Cusack on her talk show is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2022 3:55 PM

Bonnie reminded Dave of his mother or aunts they’re both Midwest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2022 3:55 PM

I liked her first sitcom "The Building". It didn't get much of a chance, debuting in the summer, but even with low ratings it might have gotten renewed today. If you scroll down there's a funny clip from the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2022 5:21 PM

She just didn't have [bold]it[/bold]. Some people do and most people don't. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2022 7:06 PM

I've heard she can be a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2022 7:09 PM

R14 is right, but she almost had it and she should have had it. If she was the age now she was when she was getting all those shots at it, I think streaming probably would have been very, very kind to her because she's one of those great, off beat talents. I think she was too soon. Nobody knew what to do with her and the zeitgeist wasn't right for her quality.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2022 7:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2022 7:58 PM

I always liked her, but I can kinda see how she didn’t catch on with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2022 8:03 PM

Loved her and her talk show. But yes, she was quite frau.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2022 9:45 PM

Her sister Helen

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2022 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!