Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anne Heche in coma; injuries much worse than initially reported.

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602August 12, 2022 4:53 AM

Anne Hashbrown.

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2022 10:14 PM

Couldn't you have simply informed one of the two ongoing threads?

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2022 10:21 PM

I really hope people who joked about this feel bad about what they said.

Yes, "pointless bitchery" and so on, but this woman has very serious psychosis and she should not have been a laughing stock.

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2022 10:22 PM

^ She also shouldn't be allowed out in public driving, but here we are

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2022 10:28 PM

Pull the plug!

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2022 10:30 PM

Nor to drink and drive. She knew she was getting drunk in her podcast and drove. That isn't psychosis. It is criminal.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2022 10:30 PM

I feel so sorry for everyone in this horrible mess that anne made. Sorry for the horrible pain she is on , sorry the the poor girl whose life was upheaved because if anne negligence, sorry for her children. What a MESS.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2022 10:34 PM

Yeah, that 90 mph in a residential neighborhood reduces my ability to empathize. I worked as an insurance transcriptionist for four years. In my first eight days I transcribed interviews of people involved in three fatal accidents. And I did a lot more as time went on.

No one who goes through that exercise has any fun. Not the insurance agent, not the transcriptionist, not the witnesses, and not the person who killed one or more people.

I shed no tears for He he.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2022 10:41 PM

r3 you sound like a scold. Why are you here?

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2022 10:43 PM

I can’t imagine her face made it through the crash and fire without getting fucked up beyond repair.

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2022 10:43 PM

I don’t feel bad for her AT ALL - I feel bad for her children and mostly for the poor woman who was minding her own business when Anne Heche drove her drunk ass into her home and burned it down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2022 10:44 PM

Hard to feel sad for rich drunks.

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2022 10:45 PM

Who will play Celestia in the movie? Will it be M or G?

by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2022 10:45 PM

She will be returning to her home planet soon.

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2022 10:46 PM

It’s sort of impractical to eat the rich, so I can at least take pleasure their tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2022 10:47 PM

Is a blue Mini Cooper the new 'White Bronco'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2022 10:48 PM

At least she'd be medium-rare, R15.

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2022 10:49 PM

[quote]At least she'd be medium-rare, [R15].

Put a fork in her, she's done.

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2022 10:52 PM

Drunk on her podcast?

Her podcast was released that day. Podcasts aren’t typically released the day they’re recorded. Lots of post-prod work has to happen before it’s uploaded, so let’s stop the nonsense about there being any relationship between the podcast and the accident(s).

She was clearly quite troubled. Drunk every day perhaps. But the podcast has nothing to do with anything.

by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2022 10:56 PM

From the Gofundme above. It has to be somebody here, right?

Peri C $25•22 mins That stupid bitch ran into your house and the only thing the news talks about is her well-being. She could’ve killed someone. I’m so sorry this happened to you. Take this $25 and get some margaritas. It’s all I got for now.

by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2022 10:56 PM

There was one guy arguing on one of the threads that she barely looked like she was burned and that her shirt just looked like it had dirt on it. We have medical backgrounds and he was arguing with us

I think they may have put her in a medically induced coma. I don't know if any of you know anything about burns, but the worst part is when the staff have to change the dressings. They give them as much pain killer as possible then they remove the dressings and scrape the dead skin off. It's like hell on earth. Poor Anne

by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2022 10:58 PM

R11, her house was worth almost $1 million. I'm sure she has insurance. It's still shitty what happened to her

by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2022 11:01 PM

In order to know how severe her burn injuries are, you would need to know the degree of her burns and the percentage of her body that is burned. The coma is the body's way of trying to heal itself.

by Anonymousreply 23August 8, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote]Podcasts aren’t typically released the day they’re recorded.

r19 Typically not, but sometimes they are. The Watch has episodes that are released the same day, for example. Depends on what you want from the editor, they can release it the same day with no problem. They're usually recorded in advance so that if something happens on the day of the recording, the podcast still goes out.

by Anonymousreply 24August 8, 2022 11:06 PM

[Quote] I really hope people who joked about this feel bad about what they said.

R3 do you know where you are? Are you okay? How many fingers am I holding up?

by Anonymousreply 25August 8, 2022 11:09 PM

I wonder if the surgical procedure was an escharotomy. Compartment syndrome is a real risk for severe burns.

by Anonymousreply 26August 8, 2022 11:14 PM

Also, somebody's gotta say it...iPod?

"Life is a Highway" and "Every Day is a Winding Road" surely.

by Anonymousreply 27August 8, 2022 11:20 PM

VoTN, you may find this thread of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 8, 2022 11:23 PM

I suspect they induced the coma because of the severity of the burns and pain.

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2022 11:28 PM

Holy shit, VotN! Missed you expertise in few comic book threads over the last few years. Heard you were in medical school and R26 sounds like it. Hope all is well ❤️

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2022 11:35 PM

The coma was NOT induced as per whatever article I read, I think deadline. Too lazy to check. Can someone check? TIA!

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2022 12:01 AM

I feel so bad her. Anne Heche has lived a life of suffering and now it seems like the moments she spent in intense fear and agony during and shortly after the accident will be her last moments of consciousness. So a life of pain, a painful accident, and now death will be coming to take her. But I believe with God's love, He will bring her to Heaven where she will never feel pain again. The peace she could never get in life will come to her with God's mercy. So perhaps she will be better off when the inevitable happens.

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2022 12:02 AM

I read a book years ago about the burn unit at Massachusetts General (since closed) so while not up on current medical practices I know a little about what severe burns are like. She deserves what she got.

PS I’ve suffered from moderate to severe depression all my life and have experienced my share of trauma, but would never dream of acting out in such a selfish and destructive way.

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2022 12:05 AM

You can feel sorry for someone - very sorry - and still feel that they should be fully accountable. But now that all appears to be moot anyway.

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2022 12:06 AM

R33 No one deserves to suffer. Houses and objects can be replaced but people only have one life. "She could've done this or that." Well, she didn't. It isn't fair for people to talk about her like she's a drunk driving murderess when she is not.

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2022 12:09 AM

[Quote]I know a little about what severe burns are like. She deserves what she got.

Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2022 12:12 AM

Let her die tomorrow. I don’t want her stealing Olivia’s spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2022 12:29 AM

The linked article says there were 59 firefighters on the scene and it was 65 minutes before they could remove her from her burning car.

No way is she going to survive.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2022 12:30 AM

Wait, Anne got her car all the way into the house when she crashed?

And we thought Aunt Diane was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2022 12:34 AM

The level of arrogance, even if drunk, to ruin so many lives and risk so many lives with the destruction she caused makes me feel less sympathy. I don't like anyone going through such pain but she had no care for the pain she was bound to cause others, and it is a miracle she didn't kill anyone else. I hope her death is painless as possible. Wishing life on her at this point seems cruel.

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2022 12:34 AM

If she wakes up she's gonna be PISSED.

I'm reassessing car crash as my preferred way to go.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2022 12:34 AM

It sounds like there were numerous construction detours inside the home. So maybe Anne was doing her best here.

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2022 12:40 AM

We know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2022 12:41 AM

R22 a million is nothing in LA, especially West LA. House is likely tiny and on a tiny lot and likely was a fixer upper before she totaled it. Also, woman living in it was a RENTER so unless she has good renters insurance, she's fucked. Her go fund me is killing it though.

PS Cate Blanchette should play crazy Anne He He in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2022 12:52 AM

[quote]R39 Wait, Anne got her car all the way into the house when she crashed?

It’s not that hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2022 12:53 AM

Reportedly she's on a ventilator

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2022 12:57 AM

R35. The woman whose house she drove into didn’t know Heche wasn’t going to kill her or her pets at the time it happened. Even though the resident was unharmed, do you think she’s going to forget about that incident quickly? I think I would be dealing with the anxiety that incident produced for a long time to come.

If I drove a car 30 feet into a house, my expectation would be that I would likely kill someone. Therefore, even though she didn’t kill anyone, Heche was clearly comfortable with the idea that she would kill someone’s when she drove into the house or when she decided to get so blindingly drunk that she was capable of driving into a house.

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2022 1:01 AM

[quote] Heche was clearly comfortable with the idea that she would kill someone’s when she drove into the house or when she decided to get so blindingly drunk that she was capable of driving into a house.

If she was 'blindly drunk,' then she likely was not doing mathematical calculations about the velocity needed for her Mini Cooper to crash into a home and continue rolling. She just had her foot on the pedal and was going dead ahead.

She crashed into a Jaguar and drove away shortly before this. She was out of her mind and driving like she was in a bumper car.

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2022 1:05 AM

R48. You will notice that I said she was responsible for one of two reasons: 1) driving recklessly or intentionally into the house or 2) deciding to get so blindingly drunk that she was capable of doing such a thing without intending it.

A lot of people, unfortunately, get drunk before driving, but driving into a house requires either malicious intent or a level of drunken abandon that few people achieve.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2022 1:15 AM

R41, if she doesn't die from this, there's likely to be a LONG time where she'll wish she had.

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2022 1:16 AM

R49 Again, she has psychotic mental illness. I can imagine that she is either taking antipsychotics that should never be combined with alcohol or else she is not medicated and may have been in a psychotic or manic state. Those states of mind drive people to do this sort of thing—not to sleep for days, to have delusions of grandeur, to feel invulnerable and to do things that endanger themselves and others with no self-awareness or self-control.

[quote] During a manic phase, they may believe they have special powers. This type of psychosis can lead to reckless or dangerous behavior. If bipolar psychosis occurs during a low period or a depressive episode, the individual may believe that someone is trying to harm them, or that they themselves have done something wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2022 1:20 AM

I’ve been waiting for Lindsay Lohan to do this. I had forgotten about Celestia.

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2022 1:22 AM

I think at this point, Lindsay is about as stable as she has been for a long time. At least she was the last time anything was written about her. She got married right?

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2022 1:26 AM

Severe burn patients are placed on a ventilator per protocol even if they are conscious and alert. Your trachea can swell shut at any time and you can lose your airway and suffocate. EMS probably sedated and intubated her en route to the hospital. They would have placed her on a vent in the ER.

If she doesn’t die from infection her life will be hell from now on from pain and mobility issues.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2022 1:26 AM

People can be BLIND DRUNK , where reason and thoughtfullness doesnt even happen. She didnt drive into the house on purpose. There is such a thing as ACCIDENTS.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2022 1:27 AM

R21 yes! My sister was a Medical assistant and the worse thing she said was helping with debridement - the process of removing nonliving tissue from pressure ulcers, burns, and other wounds.

It was so bad, she quit. Now she's working for a pediatrician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2022 1:29 AM

People who were saying she didn't look that injured in the video probably didn't realize how burns work, that the initial injury can look bad and then turn critical very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2022 1:30 AM

She has to be very careful of infection. That is what kills a lot of burn victims.

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2022 1:33 AM

R55. Hmm. If you fall down the stairs, that’s an accident. If you end up 30 feet in someone’s house that is something more.

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2022 1:33 AM

^ The initial injury "can look MERELY bad, and then turn critical" is what I meant to say.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2022 1:33 AM

Most likely suffering from psychosis and would not be mentally fit to stand trial (for her crimes which are misdemeanors, but it's a miracle she didn't take anyone out)

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2022 1:35 AM

[quote]It isn't fair for people to talk about her like she's a drunk driving murderess when she is not.

She's a drunk driving ATTEMPTED murderess.

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2022 1:37 AM

Driving drunk is criminal behavior

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2022 1:46 AM

I saw reports like this one, the day after the incident, that said her condition had been upgraded from critical to stable per her representative. Given what we already knew about the crash, that seemed like a big bag of publicist-spun bullshit.

[quote] Anne Heche is in stable condition Sunday, two days after the car she was driving crashed into a home and became engulfed in flames, a representative for the actress said.

Drove her car at 90+ mph, through a thick privacy hedge and 30 feet into some poor woman's living room. Car immediately combusts and burns for nearly an hour before she was extricated from it. But, miracle! Her condition was upgraded overnight from critical to stable. Yeah, right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2022 1:58 AM

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks He He is even slightly amusing.

by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2022 1:58 AM

R64, that doesn’t mean anything. As others have stated, you can be both critical and stable.

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2022 2:03 AM

I thought that was bullshit too. Saying she was stable. The condition of that car was almost close to Paul Walker’s.

by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2022 2:05 AM

R66 I'm no doctor, so I'm asking a serious question. Under what circumstances can a patient be both upgraded from critical to stable condition and "...in a coma and...not regained consciousness since shortly after the accident" at apparently the same time?

by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2022 2:15 AM

Is that action movie with the already elderly Harrison Ford good?

What would you recommend? I loved her in BIRTH, btw.

Tonight’s theme is ‘immolated actress’.

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2022 2:19 AM

Not a medical professional either but my understanding is that critical means it can go either way for hours or days. Patient improves or dies. Stable means vital signs have stabilized but doesn’t indicate seriousness of injuries like paralysis, amputation, brain damage. A person can be in a vegetative state for years and is considered stable.

by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2022 2:22 AM

They do have this thing called a UBER that drives you around drunk. You can get the app info from Jon Hamm.

by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2022 2:26 AM

I believe she was completely turned out.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2022 3:16 AM

Anne's life has sucked all her life. This psychological doctor is funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote] She has to be very careful of infection. That is what kills a lot of burn victims.

I don't think she can be very careful seeing as she's in a coma, Dorothy!

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2022 4:13 AM

R73 Wow - that guy basically roasted her a second time.

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2022 4:25 AM

You guys are feeling sorry for her when she essentially did the same thing that that nurse did? Anne could easily have killed innocent people, it's only by luck she didn't.

Fuck her and that nurse.

People's problems, whatever they are, shouldn't infringe on innocent members of society.

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2022 4:29 AM

Grim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2022 4:36 AM

Chronic binge drinking is rough on the lungs. It’s not uncommon for young alcoholics to get pneumonia from the common flu, and some even die of it. They are at much higher risk for pulmonary complications, just like the elderly, so this is incredibly bad news for her.

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2022 4:45 AM

Should have taken pills.

by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2022 4:47 AM

She was listening to Burning Up by Madonna

by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2022 4:50 AM

People here are obviously getting some sort of thrill in posting dire predictions of her fate.

Everyone differs in the details, but they all predict something horrible in vivid detail.

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2022 4:54 AM

FFS

Her life won't be worth living if she lives. So much painful rehabilitation. So many skin grafts.

By her drug-taking, drinking, and reckless behavior, she was screaming to die. If all the traumatic things that she says happened to her really did, I hope a merciful God would allow her to leave this earth.

by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2022 4:58 AM

Is there a clip of the podcast she did just before this out there? I heard they took it down because it was being “taken out of context”.

by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2022 5:08 AM

A mullet and totally incoherent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2022 5:11 AM

I can’t wish for the death of person with mental illness, but even if she pulls through, her recovery will be hell on earth. It would be kinder to let her go. I wonder at what point the family has that choice?

by Anonymousreply 85August 9, 2022 5:19 AM

R83 - Here it is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2022 5:20 AM

Never live in a house at the top of a T intersection.

by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2022 5:20 AM

R87 people who are buying or are the owners of, real estate in places like CA have no such luxury. One can only hope to not be Heched.

Or more properly He he "d.

by Anonymousreply 88August 9, 2022 5:31 AM

^ sorry, I missed a comma and used a quotation mark where I shouldn't have. Then again I'm not driving at high speed completely blotto.

by Anonymousreply 89August 9, 2022 5:53 AM

I want to touch that hat at r64.

by Anonymousreply 90August 9, 2022 5:54 AM

She seemed very happy much of the time and had a very successful career. It seems that being mentally divergent sometimes helps certain people in the arts, but she was unable to "maintain." In many ways, she was born blessed with the type of beauty that opens doors, but in many ways, she was born cursed due to terrible parenting and genetics linked to addiction or mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 91August 9, 2022 6:30 AM

Jesus, she was in that car for an hour while it burned? How on earth was she even alive when the medics finally got to her? She'd be roasted like a turkey for Thanksgiving!

by Anonymousreply 92August 9, 2022 6:33 AM

She done already done had herseses!!!

by Anonymousreply 93August 9, 2022 6:59 AM

Ellen are you having a stroke?

by Anonymousreply 94August 9, 2022 8:05 AM

But she is R35. She is a drunk driving murderess.

by Anonymousreply 95August 9, 2022 8:32 AM

Perhaps she is stable but braindead and has no medical directive.

by Anonymousreply 96August 9, 2022 9:09 AM

She looks like Cate Blanchett in OP.

by Anonymousreply 97August 9, 2022 10:05 AM

R81, it’s a bit of a thrill to see someone enjoy the consequences of their persistent bad choices.

by Anonymousreply 98August 9, 2022 10:20 AM

Just DIE already!

by Anonymousreply 99August 9, 2022 10:23 AM

"I'm a lesbian! Wait, I'm not!"

by Anonymousreply 100August 9, 2022 10:35 AM

[quote] She knew she was getting drunk in her podcast and drove. That isn't psychosis. It is criminal.

How many people make wise, thought-out decisions when shit-faced?

by Anonymousreply 101August 9, 2022 10:57 AM

FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE PODCAST WAS RECORDED DAYS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT.

by Anonymousreply 102August 9, 2022 11:01 AM

Anne has her problems, but putting my sympathies toward the innocent homeowner, her pets.... for the damage and trauma they are enduring. Anne willingly made the decision to speed at 90 mph in a residential area, putting everyone at risk. Now the homeowner has no home, thanks to this crazy person. Luckily, she still has her life.

by Anonymousreply 103August 9, 2022 11:05 AM

The coma is to be expected and is more for patient care than anything. If she has issues with her respiratory system especially her Trachea and lungs then its better she is not awake for that and for drs to deal with her injuries. In regards to critical but stable, it is actually two medical terms not one. Her injuries are critical as she could die from them, eg burns to the largest organ of the body and risk of infection, to her respiratory system. Stable means that she has plateaued for the time being, meaning she isnt getting worse or any better, she is staying a constant same.

by Anonymousreply 104August 9, 2022 11:19 AM

The home is almost certainly insured for full replacement value. Meaning the owner of a dated older home will get a brand new home, and not a flimsy piece of crap new home, but a solidly constructed one. The renter probably has renter’s insurance and will get reimbursed for all new furniture and clothing at full retail PLUS $75k and counting. Not no mention publicity for whatever pretend organizer “business” she has, if she wants exploit the incident. I WISH Anne Heche would drive into my house. And, yes, I know it was highly traumatic for the renter. Worth it.

by Anonymousreply 105August 9, 2022 11:19 AM

105, what has the renter lady done that you feel the need to put quotes around and refer her to her work as :

whatever pretend organizer “business”

Is she a scammer elsewhere? Would 75k change your life? Do you find that insurance payouts occur in a few days? Even if she could replace everything instantly, she will still lose work days because she has to take time to set it all back up.

If there's evidence of the renter being a scammer, please share it. Celebrity privileges are real, but im not willing to extend them to malign their victims without evidence

by Anonymousreply 106August 9, 2022 11:27 AM

Her and her “best friend” has a podcast and the podcast was far more important to the bff than trying to help Anne while she was drunk/high on air.

by Anonymousreply 107August 9, 2022 11:27 AM

There were probably "things" of sentimental value that were lost, never to be replaced. Regardless....a car slammed through this woman's home, causing a terrible fire. You're in the comfort of your home, then all of a sudden, you're inches away from death and you lose your house. Trivializing this in favor of this "poor soul" maniac says a lot. If there's a celebrity involved....people side with them, not the true victims.

by Anonymousreply 108August 9, 2022 11:50 AM

[quote]If all the traumatic things that she says happened to her really did, I hope a merciful God would allow her to leave this earth

I almost wanna ask you, stupid frau R82 were you came up with that steaming pile but I realized I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 109August 9, 2022 11:54 AM

One article said she had some type of pulmonary injury. Can’t recall how it was worded. Would that be something from the impact of the crash?

by Anonymousreply 110August 9, 2022 12:04 PM

R33, do you remember the name of the book? That sounds interesting

by Anonymousreply 111August 9, 2022 12:09 PM

[quote] PS I’ve suffered from moderate to severe depression all my life and have experienced my share of trauma, but would never dream of acting out in such a selfish and destructive way.

This drives me batty. I am not justifying what she did, but there is a difference between being anxious or depressed, even suicidal, and having a mental illness with psychosis. I don't understand why people insist on relating these illnesses, except that they are commonly lumped together casually as 'mental illness.'

Depression can be disabling. It can also lead to suicide. That is true. Most depressed people, though, have normal sensory perceptions and still can make rational decisions. That does not mean that they make *reasonable* decisions, but their thinking is well ordered. They can, for example, determine life is not worth living and go through a series of logical steps toward ending their lives. They also may act impulsively, but it's not the same as a person with psychosis.

People who have illnesses with psychotic episodes are not depressed. Their worlds are disordered. Depressed people still see and hear normally. Psychotic people do not. Their imaginations become as real to them as everyday reality is. If a person with severe anxiety progresses to the point of paranoia, that paranoia may lead to heightened anxiety and perceptions, and they may believe people are following them, but in most cases they will still understand they are being unreasonable and they will not actually see and hear people who are not there.

People with psychosis see and hear people who are not there.

People with psychosis from bipolar mania often believe they have superpowers. They are not capable of logical, rational, reasonable thought processes. They may believe they can fly. They may believe they are gods. They may believe they can destroy and create worlds. They may think they can make a car fly or that they can walk or drive through walls because they have power over the world.

It is NOT like depression and anxiety. It's tragic when people are depressed and want to kill themselves. But they are depressed in bed or on a sofa. They are not, in their minds, flying through clouds on magical ponies equipped with laser beams that can create planets. They don't believe they are extraterrestrial beings called Astra or Celestia who fly through the stratosphere...later to find themselves scratched up and bruised in a bush in a neighbor's yard, naked, with no idea of how they got there.

I'm not defending Heche harming anyone, but the media needs to start differentiating between what it means to be psychotic and what it means to be depressed or have anxiety. People who have psychotic episodes, often accompanied by intoxicants, are not living in the same world we are in their minds. They live in a world where they have super powers and are invulnerable, and oftentimes they even believe they are saving people's lives while they are doing wildly damaging things.

by Anonymousreply 112August 9, 2022 12:26 PM

Probably from the heat of the fire, R110. Burnt lungs.

by Anonymousreply 113August 9, 2022 12:27 PM

Smoke inhalation and heat can cause lung damage. It took so long for them to get her out that she is bound to have severe burns and pulmonary injury. She is, in a word, fucked. If she survives the acute phase, she is going to have horrible scarring and pain. She may end up trached if her pulmonary damage us severe enough. Again, it took so long for EMS to get her out, it would be surprising if she DIDN'T sustain debilitating injury to her lungs.

by Anonymousreply 114August 9, 2022 12:31 PM

Breathing fumes could be the injury, right?

by Anonymousreply 115August 9, 2022 12:35 PM

This is a supervillain origin story. She was young, delicate, pretty, talented. She lost her mind. She was horribly disfigured in a car accident/crime. The world turned against her. She was thought to have died from her injuries...but then...!

Good thing there are no real superheroes, and so no need for real villains.

by Anonymousreply 116August 9, 2022 12:42 PM

R112, I think you make an important point and I’m thinking a lot about what you’ve said.

But as you indicated, Anne Heche has suffered from psychotic episodes. That means she is not psychotic 24/7, right? Don’t you think, during her more sane and lucid moments, she is well aware of what she is capable of when she is intoxicated, stoned, and/or not not adhering to the drug regimen prescribed by her shrink? I doubt this is the first time she’s caused damage/heartache/suffering to herself and others. It’s just the most extreme such event.

My point is, since she has KNOWN for a long time that she has issues with her sanity, is it not her responsibility to make sure she absolutely avoids situations where she can lose control and do damage?

I suppose I just don’t buy in my gut that some who has managed a successful Hollywood career, someone with money, resources, and colleagues of means who care about her can’t have done more to prevent this.

Was she having a psychotic episode when she began drinking or was she still lucid at that point?

I wish her no pain, no ill will. But she and her doctors and family or whoever is close to her and knows what she’s capable of bear responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 117August 9, 2022 1:00 PM

Would someone who is knowledgeable please help me understand why it took rescue an hour to remove/ free her from the burning vehicle? Aren't they trained to recuse people from these types of emergency situations very quickly, even using the Jaws of Life to cut the hood off of the car? We have all seem news footage of devastating, fiery multi vehicle accidents and I can't recall it ever taking over an hour to free a trapped person from a burning vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 118August 9, 2022 1:02 PM

☝️ Rescue

by Anonymousreply 119August 9, 2022 1:03 PM

Well, there was a fire between her and EMS....

by Anonymousreply 120August 9, 2022 1:03 PM

She seemed like a good lady. A bit crazy but not any crazier than other celebrities like say Britney Spears, Rose McGowan, or Sinead O'Connor. She struck me as a total sweetheart and it's sad that her choices are either death or years of suffering.

by Anonymousreply 121August 9, 2022 1:06 PM

R120- Well yes I am aware of that, but I still do not understand why it took an hour. What type of gasoline was she using in that car, propane?

by Anonymousreply 122August 9, 2022 1:07 PM

Maybe the time was lost extracting the car from the house she destroyed by her actions she chose to take much earlier in the day resulting in her actions later for which the media is granting her a pass....maybe ems have protocols that dont get broken because you're famous....i don't know...just speculation

by Anonymousreply 123August 9, 2022 1:07 PM

To people clamoring for her to be punished, she already is going to be either with death or with life. If she survives this, she is going to suffer greatly whether she's in prison or not and live with the consequences of her actions every goddamned day.

by Anonymousreply 124August 9, 2022 1:12 PM

Yeah.

Sadly, she’s better of meeting her maker, so to speak, than surviving this.

So, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 125August 9, 2022 1:14 PM

I feel bad for her sons - especially the 13 year old. What a shitty age to have something like this happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 9, 2022 1:20 PM

I think any outrage at her is really just a tiny leak of generalized resentment at the rich and privileged taking a shit on regular ppl with no consequences....not truly focused on her....i dont think most ppl care that much about this specific actress

by Anonymousreply 127August 9, 2022 1:23 PM

I admit that I do not know , that is why I asked. The thought of being trapped in a burning car for an hour is nightmarish. Yes, she did this to herself, but I was asking because i wanted to know if it is normally takes that long to put out a vehicle fire. Idk.

by Anonymousreply 128August 9, 2022 1:23 PM

Whenever the police report is public, we can probably create a timeline....we don't truly know how they measured that hour, it could just as easily be from impact to being transfered into the ambulance which means a good chunk of time was whatever on site stabilization they did that had her under the sheet....

by Anonymousreply 129August 9, 2022 1:32 PM

But they had to put out a house fire as well.

by Anonymousreply 130August 9, 2022 1:32 PM

The car was wedged into the house, and both the house and car were on fire, r128. There wasn't any room to get to the side of the car and pry open the doors.

by Anonymousreply 131August 9, 2022 1:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 9, 2022 1:33 PM

R78 is right, chronic alcoholism is hard on the lungs. Think of someone with alcohol on their breath. The alcohol is constantly being exhaled through the lungs while they have alcohol in their system, resulting in damage.

by Anonymousreply 133August 9, 2022 1:34 PM

From the looks of that photo, they had to attach a chain to the car and pull it out before they could get to her.

by Anonymousreply 134August 9, 2022 1:39 PM

R134- Thank you for answering. I still am amazed that she wasn't killed on impact, not that I wish that on her, this was just such a violent crash.

by Anonymousreply 135August 9, 2022 1:47 PM

R91, “neurodivergence” is not a term I’ve heard floated about He He. She’s not autistic to any degree that I’m aware of and conflating mania and psychosis with spectrum disorders serves exactly no one.

by Anonymousreply 136August 9, 2022 1:52 PM

All this time I thot Ellen was the big vodka drunk. At least Ellen can hold her liquor.

by Anonymousreply 137August 9, 2022 2:19 PM

Is she he-he-hemorraghing?

by Anonymousreply 138August 9, 2022 2:19 PM

R127, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 139August 9, 2022 2:22 PM

Whatever the outcome, Cate Blanchett can play her in the film. That said, I hope she gets through it. I don't care for her all that much, but I don't wish death on her, either. And addiction is a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 140August 9, 2022 2:39 PM

Anne Heche was in a burning car inside a demolished and structurally damaged HOUSE. A department commander has to arrive on the scene to assess the scene and make sure it’s safe to send fire and rescue into a situation.

Special equipment and personnel may need to be transported to the scene. They have to extinguish the fire enough to send someone to do the job of extracting the victim from the car. They may have had to cut her out of the car. Her legs may have been crushed and trapped by twisted metal.

Yeah, it took an HOUR.

by Anonymousreply 141August 9, 2022 2:44 PM

[Quote] Her and her “best friend” has a podcast and the podcast was far more important to the bff than trying to help Anne while she was drunk/high on air.

And you know this how?

Her friend looked VERY uncomfortable on the podcast days before the crash. Chronic drunks don't listen to anyone. Chronic drunks cannot be stopped by others, they have to want to stop. And her getting in a car wasted and doing what she did - all that's on her.

I'm particularly amazed she took aff after hitting that wall in the apartment complex and ignored all those folks demanding she get our of her car, even after they snapped a pic of her while she was looking right at the phone. Feels pretty death wish motivated to me. Luckily she took no one else out.

by Anonymousreply 142August 9, 2022 2:44 PM

[quote] Whatever the outcome, Cate Blanchett can play her in the film.

Unfortunately the movie would never be more than Lifteime, which means she'll be played by Jessica Biel.

by Anonymousreply 143August 9, 2022 2:56 PM

R124. It’s not necessarily clamouring for punishment. It’s just a desire to be honest and proportional in the assessment of what she has done. She would have had every reason to expect her actions would make her a multiple murderer and she was comfortable with that. That is arguably worse than what her father did.

by Anonymousreply 144August 9, 2022 2:57 PM

"I feel bad for her sons - especially the 13 year old. What a shitty age to have something like this happen. "

You're very right about that. It's life-ruining for the kids whether she makes it and has to be helped for ever, or dies.

by Anonymousreply 145August 9, 2022 3:00 PM

R144, you sound insane and/or stupid. "She would have had every reason to expect her actions would make her a multiple murderer and she was comfortable with that." WHAT? What are you basing that extreme claim on? That she drove around at high speeds? Isn't it far more reasonable to assume, especially given her *documented psychotic episode*, that she was psychotic when this happened?

by Anonymousreply 146August 9, 2022 3:00 PM

so she was at the podcast before this?

They knew she was drunk and they let her get in a car and drive in that condition? Her "best friend" was at the podcast? that ain't no friend.

by Anonymousreply 147August 9, 2022 3:03 PM

I read that the victim has already raised 45k on gofundme. probably more now.

by Anonymousreply 148August 9, 2022 3:04 PM

R148 $109,618 as of right now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 9, 2022 3:08 PM

I was talking about the driving a car 30 feet into a house. I generally assume that has a high risk of causing death. But I am, as you note, very, very stupid compared to you so I could be totally mistake.

by Anonymousreply 150August 9, 2022 3:09 PM

R147 READ THE THREAD FFS.

The podcast was recorded DAYS before as many have pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 151August 9, 2022 3:11 PM

R150, as I mentioned you might also be insane, not necessarily stupid.

by Anonymousreply 152August 9, 2022 3:12 PM

R147, there are some podcasts were her “bff” was drinking right alongside her. She’s an enabler…

by Anonymousreply 153August 9, 2022 3:15 PM

R150. I saw that but concluded it was more likely my stupidity than insanity that led me to believe that driving into the house carries a high probablility of death or injury. I did indeed read your whole post and profiled from your wisdom and intelligence. Keep y to hem coming !

by Anonymousreply 154August 9, 2022 3:25 PM

R32- Ah. Thank you for posting that photo, now I understand why it took an hour. The photos that I have looked at on my small screen Android did not show that her car was wedged into the house like that. Damn, idk how she survived that at all.

by Anonymousreply 155August 9, 2022 3:28 PM

Ah but you’re still not understanding me, which does indeed take me back to thinking you’re stupid. Your claim that *Heche* “would have every reason to believe” yadda yadda is stupid given the circumstances and biography of the person in question. Your believing that is not what’s under discussion.

by Anonymousreply 156August 9, 2022 3:28 PM

R132- Thank you, now I understand why it took them that long.

by Anonymousreply 157August 9, 2022 3:31 PM

Has Ellen commented?

It seems like the nice thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 158August 9, 2022 3:34 PM

How many celebs are there with mental illness and substance abuse who manage not to take out an entire house while driving 90+ MPH in a residential area. I can name a whole bunch. She also just missed taking out a woman in the parking lot when she fled.

by Anonymousreply 159August 9, 2022 3:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 9, 2022 3:46 PM

Better days..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 9, 2022 3:50 PM

Isn’t her son Homer Buffoon partying with two chicks in Miami right now?

by Anonymousreply 162August 9, 2022 4:03 PM

Anne has always seemed mentally unstable to me based on her erratic interviews and things like being found wandering nude, or whatever that incident was from years back. And the many videos of her leaving restaurants and acting totally drunk or high with fans and photographers clearly show she is a mess. She acts messy and looks messy. So, what is the consensus here... I'm curious. Do we believe her claims of abuse in childhood? Or is that just her being crazy, seeking attention, or what?

by Anonymousreply 163August 9, 2022 4:04 PM

R163- I feel she exaggerated everything in her life, including her past. It was an easy way to gain sympathy and forgiveness, and an excuse for her selfish, mean girl behavior and drug use. That is just my opinion from the insincere and disingenuous manner in which she presented herself.

by Anonymousreply 164August 9, 2022 4:11 PM

Did I miss the Anne He he part 3 thread? I can’t find it…

by Anonymousreply 165August 9, 2022 4:17 PM

R165- I can't find it either. Is there one?

by Anonymousreply 166August 9, 2022 4:21 PM

Her mother is strange and her siblings also had problems (one brother may have committed suicide by crashing his vehicle...hmm). So I think it's likely that her father was fucked up and abusive to some extent. I think she also has a flair for embellishment and she may not even know exactly where the truth lies.

by Anonymousreply 167August 9, 2022 4:28 PM

I know, I know, the podcast was recorded several days before the accident, but it gives some insight into how far gone she was. Also, during the podcast she mentioned how an encounter with a pit bull that morning gave her a panic attack, so it’s possible the same thing happened when she crashed into the garage and the group of men confronted her. She hit the gas and tore out of the alley like a bat out of hell, so a panic episode could also have been a factor in her racing down residential streets at 90 mph.

by Anonymousreply 168August 9, 2022 4:33 PM

Has Dakota Johnson commented? Offered to pay hospitalization costs?

by Anonymousreply 169August 9, 2022 4:34 PM

R167- I agree that she probably had a very dysfunctional childhood and family, but how many haven't experienced the same or worse? Her brother's possible suicide by vehicle is why I suspect this was the same.

by Anonymousreply 170August 9, 2022 4:36 PM

Not everyone was sexually abused as an infant which is what she has stated, and it went on for years. So yeah, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2022 4:42 PM

I didn’t accuse anyone of scamming, R106. I just think her job is stupid. Jumping to scammer is quite a stretch, especially since I make it pretty clear that I would like to benefit from a GFM if a celebrity were to drive into my house.

- R105

by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2022 4:45 PM

R133 Yikes. I never considered that alcohol fumes can contribute to lung damage. Chronic drinkers also have lots of throat problems, so it makes sense that this is partly from swallowing alcohol but also from breathing it back out. If some of the “severe burns” are internal, I wonder how doctors treat that, aside from letting the damage heal on its own.

by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2022 4:49 PM

^^ I’m not saying that the vodka caused the burns, rather that prior pulmonary damage contributed to the severity of her injuries.

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote]I feel so sorry for everyone in this horrible mess that anne (Oh, dear.) made. Sorry for the horrible pain she is on (Oh, dear.) , (Oh, dear.) sorry the the (Oh, dear.) poor girl whose life was upheaved (Oh, fucking dear.) because if anne (Oh, dear. Oh, dear.) negligence, sorry for her children (Oh, dear.). What a MESS (Which one, dear? "anne" or your post?).

by Anonymousreply 175August 9, 2022 4:59 PM

I kind of think her mother implied that Anne was molested as a baby, and Anne herself may not know if she was or not. Everything I've read makes it sound like her mother told her she had a rash that wouldn't go away and herpes as an infant, and who knows if that means abuse?

This is biased on my part, I'm sure. I have a half-sister whose first husband back in the 70s was closeted, and the entire family decided that because he was gay, he was a molester. That belief about gays was very common back then. My sister made a big deal about claiming she sat guard on the floor in front of her kids' bedroom to protect them from her husband. She may very well have, but later it became clear that there had been no sexual abuse, it was just "gays molest children" stereotyping and anger because he was getting drunk and stepping out with men, along with a healthy dose of crazy St. Louis Catholicism.

However, I honestly think if the eldest girl (my niece) hadn't been old enough to remember that she had not been abused, the implications could have unduly affected her and her little sister.

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2022 5:00 PM

Every infant starts the abuse cycle by committing whole-body rape of their mothers when they're born.

So when Ms. Heche awakens in Purgatory, one of you can tell her she was right when you get there.

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2022 5:06 PM

Wait a minute r176. The guy was closeted and they assumed he was molesting little girls?

I mean, I was raised in St. Louis, but I only vaguely remember that the denizens were that fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 178August 9, 2022 5:12 PM

You never ran into the "he's a gay so he's a pedophile who molests kids" stereotype, r178? Really? Even in the late 1980s when I was in high school, a gay kid in my class was accused of being a pedo who messed with his little sister. No, it doesn't make sense, but do you think in 1974, someone was going to say, "Now now, Margaret, the man is a homosexual, he would only be molesting little BOYS."

by Anonymousreply 179August 9, 2022 5:14 PM

[quote]do you think in 1974, someone was going to say, "Now now, Margaret, the man is a homosexual, he would only be molesting little BOYS."

Just the ones with more than two fucking functioning brain cells.

by Anonymousreply 180August 9, 2022 5:18 PM

The reason I tend to doubt some of her abuse allegations is that they came out at a time when it seemed almost "trendy" in Hollywood to claim one was abused (usually sexually) as a child. I vaguely recall Roseanne Barr claiming to have been abused, but it seemed like maybe doubt was cast on that later.

by Anonymousreply 181August 9, 2022 5:24 PM

[quote]but driving into a house requires either malicious intent or a level of drunken abandon that few people achieve.

She achieved it.

by Anonymousreply 182August 9, 2022 5:29 PM

R181, that was when the 'recovered repressed memory' phenomenon was given credence. It's been more or less discredited now by psychologists and researchers as it's not really how memory and trauma work.

by Anonymousreply 183August 9, 2022 5:30 PM

I was a fan of hers when she was on a soap opera and have empathy for her regarding her childhood but seriously, fuck her.

That poor woman who was in the one place we presume we are moderately safe from violent chaos will not feel safe in her own home for a long time.

I had a car land in my house, I was sound asleep and it hit the second story right on the other side of the wall by my head and then slid down the wall lodging itself in my kitchen (the back end of the car was hanging from the trees). I couldn't sleep well for a long time even after I rearranged my room to put my bed away from any exterior walls. I wake up every single time a plow comes around the bend in the road because it sounds like it's going to crash into my house.

I think it always kind of sticks with you because how the hell does your brain prepare for just existing in your home and boom, car? I am disgusted by her and hope if she lives they send her to jail and the woman sues her for everything she has.

by Anonymousreply 184August 9, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote]R108 You're in the comfort of your home, then all of a sudden, you're inches away from death and you lose your house. Trivializing this in favor of this "poor soul" maniac says a lot.

Look, life’s to be lived. You gotta learn ta roooollllllll with the punches.

Could be just the wake up call the renter needed. Especially in isolation.

by Anonymousreply 185August 9, 2022 6:13 PM

[quote]R114 it took so long for EMS to get her out, it would be surprising if she DIDN'T sustain debilitating injury to her lungs.

She needs to sue the fire department for their shoddy rescue response.

by Anonymousreply 186August 9, 2022 6:16 PM

[quote]r61 Isn’t her son Homer Buffoon partying with two chicks in Miami right now?

Everyone deals with grief in their own way!

by Anonymousreply 187August 9, 2022 6:29 PM

This reminds me of some selected quotes from an old Bonnie Mace story.

[quote] "She looked like a young Jean Arthur, but a Jean Arthur who had been placed on a dirty stick in the woods and roasted over a fire so that nobody would want to looks past the burnt outside to get to the soft and gooey inside."

[quote]"...a flood of girl and death juices rushed out of Pam Vanessa's tender, yet well done, downtown lips."

by Anonymousreply 188August 9, 2022 6:43 PM

For those wondering why it took "so long" to get her out of the car/house...the first neighbor on the scene (who tried to speak to Anne) reported that the passenger doors were completely inaccessible, blocked by debris (the kitchen wall she'd plowed through). He had to crawl in through rear door to ask if she was okay.

I've linked the live-feed from Fox LA's helicopter reporter. I'm not sure how long after the crash he arrived, but there were already 5-6 fire engines on scene & firefighters had already punched a hole in the roof to fight the fire. At about 4:00 minutes, the LAFD heavy-rescue crane arrives to extract the car (which was a good 30 feet into the house). The car emerges at about 17:00 minutes. Anne (who the reporter thought was a male) is first seen on the stretcher at about 19:00...and then surprises the hell out of him at 19:45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 9, 2022 6:47 PM

is she shirtless? did the fire burn off her tits?

by Anonymousreply 190August 9, 2022 6:56 PM

The owner of the house set up the GoFundMe for Renter Lady. She's owned the property since the 90s so if she sells, she's making BANK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 9, 2022 7:03 PM

This fucking dingbat drives her car into a house, brings down the walls and r186 thinks the fire department did something bad or wrong. Let’s see how long it takes you to rescue a damsel in distress from a burning car covered in rubble in the middle of a burning house that’s falling down around it.

Too bad you weren’t there to show them how. It would have taken a few minutes if you’d been in charge, right?

by Anonymousreply 192August 9, 2022 7:37 PM

Was she burning... down there?

by Anonymousreply 193August 9, 2022 7:47 PM

It was an older home, likely in need of a total makeover anyhow. Anne did them a solid.

by Anonymousreply 194August 9, 2022 7:51 PM

Cybill Shepherd’s looking super sane and easygoing at this point.

by Anonymousreply 195August 9, 2022 7:53 PM

Note to self: pitch a show idea to HGTV where drunk celebrities crash into an ordinary person's home and then help them rebuild it.

by Anonymousreply 196August 9, 2022 7:53 PM

Yes. It could be combined with plastic surgery nip/tucks for the reckless guest star. The houses and celebs both get repair work.

by Anonymousreply 197August 9, 2022 7:59 PM

[Quote] Note to self: pitch a show idea to HGTV where drunk celebrities crash into an ordinary person's home and then help them rebuild it.

I want Bridgette Nielsen! She looks like she could carry a bunch of 2x4s.

by Anonymousreply 198August 9, 2022 8:22 PM

I hope they don't send her to prison. She deserves to have a good life. And I hope she makes it through everything with just a few scars and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 199August 9, 2022 8:23 PM

She crashed her car before 11 a.m. You imagine there was time to record, edit and upload a podcast before she went on her binge?

Quite a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 200August 9, 2022 8:26 PM

There was time to have a few drinky poos.

by Anonymousreply 201August 9, 2022 8:33 PM

R167

Her surviving sister has pretty much called her a liar.

A tell of lying, or at least embellishment, to me is that Heche claims the abuse started when she was an infant. How would she remember that? She claimed that her mother knew, but that's the specific point, the mother knowing, where her sister has outright accused Heche of lying.

by Anonymousreply 202August 9, 2022 8:34 PM

It’s sad but why are we talking about this very minor celebrity? Her main claim to fame was she used to do Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 203August 9, 2022 8:41 PM

I love how someone now people are thinking the owner of this house needed some sort of "wake up call" through a vehicle crashing into at a very high rate of speed. I probably would have died of fright.

by Anonymousreply 204August 9, 2022 8:42 PM

Her sister is not calling Anne a liar.

[Quote]Anne’s sister, Abigail Heche: “It is my opinion that my sister Anne truly believes, at this moment, what she has asserted about our father’s past behavior; however, at the same time, I would like to point out that Anne, in the past, has expressed doubts herself about the accuracy of such memories.

by Anonymousreply 205August 9, 2022 8:43 PM

Again, people: The owner of the house DOESN’T LIVE IN IT.

by Anonymousreply 206August 9, 2022 8:44 PM

Abigail has bee pictured with Anne a recently as 10 years ago, so long after the Call Me Crazy publication.

by Anonymousreply 207August 9, 2022 8:49 PM

*as recently

by Anonymousreply 208August 9, 2022 8:49 PM

*as recently

by Anonymousreply 209August 9, 2022 8:51 PM

The owner of a Venice hair salon claims she was coherent when she purchased a red wig from him about a half-hour before the crash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 9, 2022 8:51 PM

HGTV: Love it or Level it.

by Anonymousreply 211August 9, 2022 8:53 PM

R210, she was coherent but a little, arguably a lot, off. She grabbed the guy's face (!!!, especially something that white people shouldn't be doing to black people, though no one should do it to anyone, really) and asked him if he'd done her hair before. Buying a fright wig is a little something, too, but I guess it's a salon and people buy wigs.

by Anonymousreply 212August 9, 2022 8:55 PM

[quote]r204 I love how now people are thinking the owner of this house needed some sort of "wake up call" through a vehicle crashing into at a very high rate of speed.

Are you gay? That post at R185 is signed by HL (Helen Lawson)

by Anonymousreply 213August 9, 2022 8:57 PM

Not as gay as you , clearly.

by Anonymousreply 214August 9, 2022 8:58 PM

R212. Seek help.

[Quote]She was polite, cordial and engaging — and she was coherent,” insisted Glass. “It was extremely pleasant — she was a delight,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 215August 9, 2022 9:02 PM

Well, work on it.

by Anonymousreply 216August 9, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote]I hope they don't send her to prison.

She didn't kill anyone (unlike Caitlin Jenner) so I don't think there's any possibility of that.

by Anonymousreply 217August 9, 2022 9:05 PM

She’s not going to prison, I agree. But if she survives, her life is going to be unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 218August 9, 2022 9:07 PM

Anne's reps have got to the wiggotry expert.

by Anonymousreply 219August 9, 2022 9:07 PM

Maybe Anne purchased the red wig as a disguise for her stalking activities? But in her impassioned state she forgot to put it on.

by Anonymousreply 220August 9, 2022 9:10 PM

Did the firefighters save the wig???

by Anonymousreply 221August 9, 2022 9:11 PM

If the wig survived, she should give it to the turtle. He's going to be traumatized by all of the interview requests on how he outraced the fire.

by Anonymousreply 222August 9, 2022 9:16 PM

R217 Jenner screwed up and hit the brakes too late in a multi-car slowdown, (was actually driving below the speed limit) when it happened, so regardless of the fatality, it was purely an accident. I don’t see how you can compare that to someone intentionally barreling through residential streets at 90 mph and miraculously not killing anyone.

by Anonymousreply 223August 9, 2022 9:17 PM

Maybe she wore the wig... ya know... downstairs...

by Anonymousreply 224August 9, 2022 9:19 PM

Who will get the exclusive Renter Lady interview, and how much will she get paid for it?

by Anonymousreply 225August 9, 2022 9:29 PM

What about Owner Lad(d)y?

by Anonymousreply 226August 9, 2022 9:36 PM

R224 - FIRE IN THE HOLE

by Anonymousreply 227August 9, 2022 9:36 PM

The owner wasn't there. What can she have to say? "Losing my rental property sucks"

by Anonymousreply 228August 9, 2022 9:37 PM

Cheap synthetic wigs might makes one's crotch burn faster, no?

by Anonymousreply 229August 9, 2022 9:38 PM

Maybe there's a history there. The owner rented to Joan Crawford when she was taping Here's Lucy or something.

by Anonymousreply 230August 9, 2022 9:38 PM

Did they save the receipt for the wig? Maybe Anne can get a refund. She'll need it.

by Anonymousreply 231August 9, 2022 9:40 PM

Is the red wig for her alter ego Celestia?

by Anonymousreply 232August 9, 2022 9:41 PM

two points -

1. i was scrolling through twitter about this, not much to report. Although Prudential Insurance had an add that came up on my feed. Well played. I'm not being snarky, this really did make me think about what sort of coverage I have. Not great, and added to the top of my to do list. Some of the people on there threads are talking about this being a windfall for the renter, but that's not reality. if I had to replace every single I own, it would be a nightmare.

2. I was then browsing through the GoFundMe site, and saw this KATHLEEN GRIFFIN $25•8 hrs I am so very sorry for your devastating loss, but thankful that you are are well and healthy. You're in my thoughts and prayers

No idea if it's the Kathleen Griffin, but thought it was interesting anyway.

by Anonymousreply 233August 9, 2022 9:44 PM

R222 No I think he's going to become a media whore. Expect him to use this to increase his instagram following.

by Anonymousreply 234August 9, 2022 10:17 PM

I'm happy the lady in the home got her pets out. It would have been devasting if she wasn't able to.

by Anonymousreply 235August 9, 2022 10:18 PM

I want pics of the rescued turtle.

Will he testify in court?

by Anonymousreply 236August 9, 2022 10:21 PM

Oddly, the turtle might be the most difficult to move on as a renter. They're easy to sneak in because they don't make any noise, but they're frequently on the no-no list for renters.

by Anonymousreply 237August 9, 2022 10:28 PM

That wig isn’t worth shitting in!

by Anonymousreply 238August 9, 2022 10:29 PM

[Quote] if I had to replace every single I own, it would be a nightmare.

Just stream.

by Anonymousreply 239August 9, 2022 10:31 PM

Anne Heche "Another World" co-star just announced he has lung cancer

by Anonymousreply 240August 9, 2022 10:34 PM

Well unless a celebrity destroys my things, I have my insurance coverage and whatever happens to be in my bank account at the moment to rely on.

by Anonymousreply 241August 9, 2022 10:34 PM

[quote]R240 Anne Heche "Another World" co-star just announced he has lung cancer

He’s faking.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes - -

by Anonymousreply 242August 9, 2022 10:35 PM

What about Anne Heche’s insurance? Can that pay for anything for the renter (Lynne)? The renter and the homeowner should both sue her.

by Anonymousreply 243August 9, 2022 10:38 PM

The LAPD is pressing charges or no.

by Anonymousreply 244August 9, 2022 10:41 PM

R164, I feel the same way.

She's been a working actress since a teen, was "discovered" and IMO had a pretty easy career trajectory despite her complaints about being blackballed after Ellen. Nobody's entitled to be the leading lady in studio films. She was always castable for TV which IMO was a better medium for her.

A red flag to me is how somebody else is always to blame for whatever decisions she makes in her life. Particularly her romantic history, her self-report is the other person was trying to contain or own her and she had to break free. This also burnishes an impression that she's very magnetic and desirable since her love interests (thinking Steve Martin and Ellen in particular) become so possessive.

Another red flag is she's worked for decades in every medium without ever pulling a Britney. Her work product and her health issues never bled over. She did a run on Broadway in the leading role and was nominated for a Tony. Somehow her erraticism was able to dissipate for that. None of the "crazy actor" behavior of missing shows or being bizarre on stage.

I think she's very spoiled in many ways and allergic to accountability. AND has problems as most of us have. But she uses hers to be grandiose, to set herself apart, and to escape accountability and consequence.

by Anonymousreply 245August 9, 2022 10:46 PM

Why is this thread being used to relitigate the past abuse? Seems like a very concerted effort to rubbish this woman's entire life, when she's fucked it up badly enough for herself already.

More "women do nothing but make up shit" DataLounge misogynist trolls again?

by Anonymousreply 246August 9, 2022 10:47 PM

Wasn't Elizabeth Ashley freebading while starring in Agnes of God?

by Anonymousreply 247August 9, 2022 10:49 PM

*freebasing

by Anonymousreply 248August 9, 2022 10:49 PM

[quote]The LAPD is pressing charges or no.

They can't do anything until they have toxicology results.

by Anonymousreply 249August 9, 2022 10:50 PM

[quote]Another red flag is she's worked for decades in every medium without ever pulling a Britney. Her work product and her health issues never bled over. She did a run on Broadway in the leading role and was nominated for a Tony. Somehow her erraticism was able to dissipate for that. None of the "crazy actor" behavior of missing shows or being bizarre on stage.

Britney has zero talent. That's why she wasn't able to "work" after she melted down.

by Anonymousreply 250August 9, 2022 10:52 PM

Sounds like the wig survived, so it's not a complete tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 251August 9, 2022 10:55 PM

I wonder what Alec Baldwin meant with his comment. Anne was better able to deal with his meltdowns than, say, Jan Maxwell?

by Anonymousreply 252August 9, 2022 11:10 PM

I'm surprised Baldwin hasn't run for prez yet.

by Anonymousreply 253August 9, 2022 11:15 PM

R249, but let’s just say she was completely sober but was on a manic rampage and ran into that house as a form of mental breakdown. Wouldn’t they charge her with something anyway?

You can’t just go around ramming peoples houses on purpose, no matter how bad a day you had. If you could, certain cities wouldn’t have a house left standing.

by Anonymousreply 254August 9, 2022 11:18 PM

[quote]but let’s just say she was completely sober but was on a manic rampage and ran into that house as a form of mental breakdown. Wouldn’t they charge her with something anyway?

Maybe reckless driving or something like that, which is a minimal charge.

by Anonymousreply 255August 9, 2022 11:21 PM

Not sure why the house burnt like a wad of cotton. Were they hoarding gasoline in the basement?

by Anonymousreply 256August 9, 2022 11:21 PM

Maybe there was a lot of paper. Paper burns quick and hot.

by Anonymousreply 257August 9, 2022 11:23 PM

It was built out of cardboard. A million dollars for that dump is the real tragedy here.

by Anonymousreply 258August 9, 2022 11:25 PM

The video at R189 makes the house look very BIG. There are many firefighters on the roof, and the roof goes on and on! I thought was a small house? It looks like it goes way back. Also, I'm shocked by how close these houses are built to each other!

by Anonymousreply 259August 9, 2022 11:27 PM

About the wig buying story at R210 -- How could Anne be coherent when buying a wig only 30 minutes before the accident? The guy she bought the wig from says that she was "coherent"!!! Her eyes and expression look focused and normal in the photo with him as well.

What could have happened in that 30 minutes for her to go totally psycho???? How is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 260August 9, 2022 11:29 PM

Mar Vista, ew. Why not just live in Santa Monica?

by Anonymousreply 261August 9, 2022 11:29 PM

It was an ACCIDENT!

by Anonymousreply 262August 9, 2022 11:30 PM

The fact that the People story is reporting that the land lady owner of the house is the one who started the Go Fund Me for the renter makes me think the renter did not have renter's insurance. Most people think the landlord's insurance covers their renter's possessions in the house. It does not! Most renters do not have renter's insurance, which the renter (not the landlord) must purchase separately to cover the renter's possessions.

by Anonymousreply 263August 9, 2022 11:32 PM

Have you seen a car on fire? Again, the level of ignorance on these threads is astounding. I was at work one day when a car on the top of a multi-level garage caught fire. We eventually looked down on it from an upper floor. The fire truck could not fit through the garage, and they had to figure out another way to get the hose up there. So we watched it for quite a while. Cars put out an enormous amount of fire and smoke. I was watching it all go down from a corner office, and we all had to leave the room after a while. It's extremely strong.

I've seen one other car on fire off the side of a highway. They really go up in flame. As odd as it sounds, if you ever have the opportunity to watch a car on fire, check it out.

by Anonymousreply 264August 9, 2022 11:35 PM

Many property managers /landlords in Vermont require renters insurance in the past few years. I am surprised it's not required in most places.

by Anonymousreply 265August 9, 2022 11:37 PM

Heche's deceased sister, Susan Bergman, was a respected writer who published a book about their father. Her version of their family's story is probably closer to reality than Anne's.

Anne's tortured relationship with reality was in some ways reminiscent of her father's, but also shaped and intensified by the ways her family did (and didn't) deal with its shared trauma when she was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 9, 2022 11:37 PM

I rent in Chicago and my last 2 residences required me to have renter's insurance, I think it's becoming more commonplace when it wasn't years ago.

by Anonymousreply 267August 9, 2022 11:39 PM

[quote]R256 Not sure why the house burnt like a wad of cotton. Were they hoarding gasoline in the basement?

Meth lab??

The renter “worked from home,” my ass!

by Anonymousreply 268August 9, 2022 11:44 PM

I can't lie, this sort of makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 269August 9, 2022 11:46 PM

R265 Are you drunk when you post? You realize this isn't in Vermont? Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 270August 9, 2022 11:47 PM

Susan got married in 1979? That does beg the question about whether she was around for abuse Anne may have suffered as a preteen.

by Anonymousreply 271August 9, 2022 11:48 PM

I think she made it out barely alive because she was encased in the car. Who knows, it may have still been running with the A/C on. And then the firehoses would have been raining-down water atop the car. But if she was in a 'burning car' she would have burnt to a crisp.

by Anonymousreply 272August 9, 2022 11:49 PM

R271 "beg the question" - please check the usage of this phrase

by Anonymousreply 273August 9, 2022 11:49 PM

If you read the fine print, a lot of rental agreements require rental insurance, R270. It's not uncommon anymore.

by Anonymousreply 274August 9, 2022 11:50 PM

Damn this celebrity event has me mesmerized. All the layers. Jayne Mansfield level fascination. Morbid.

by Anonymousreply 275August 9, 2022 11:50 PM

r270, did you read the last sentence or were you too busy imbibing?

by Anonymousreply 276August 9, 2022 11:50 PM

R196 that’s first genuine laugh-out-loud comment I’ve read on DL in ages.

by Anonymousreply 277August 9, 2022 11:52 PM

Susan was pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 9, 2022 11:53 PM

The person who reported, quite early in this saga, that the renter had saved her turtle was legit. The People article mentioned the turtle.

by Anonymousreply 279August 9, 2022 11:53 PM

You just never know where Anne He he might pop up. You could be living in Fresno and she might show up at your door looking for a spaceship. Or she might come flying through your living room at 11am on a random Friday.

by Anonymousreply 280August 9, 2022 11:53 PM

Susan was 11 or 12 years older than Anne. She certainly would've been around for years of her sister's abuse if you go by Anne's timeline. And Anne originally liked Susan's book and all three sisters bonded over it.

By the time Anne's book came out years later, Susan and Abigail were upset that the publisher didn't fact-check with them because they felt Anne was in and out of reality.

by Anonymousreply 281August 9, 2022 11:54 PM

It is a tortoise, not a turtle.

Please respect the tortoise’s species.

by Anonymousreply 282August 10, 2022 12:00 AM

[Quote] Bergman recalls one particular tale her father told about a $10 billion oil deal he was working on with a prominent sheik. The deal, which went on for months, took her father out of the house on overnight trips. When he was home, Bergman says, he would make the family promises of a new life, abundant with material things and a mansion on Long Island. "It was not until we had dropped my father off on a corner near Times Square, with one small Sportsac of weekend belongings, did the house seem unreal. `What will you eat?' I remember asking him. He was growing thinner and blamed it on his pace, his working through the night to finally close the deal. `I will eat oatmeal,' he said, to confirm his wholesome appetites, his self-neglect. I knew he had only the money he had borrowed from his children in his pocket. We did not have enough among us to pay for his bus home. `I'm going to find you the perfect prom dress,' he promised Abigail over his shoulder."

This is weird. Was the father hooking? He was in his forties, so it seems unlikely. Did he suspect he was gravely ill and he went off to receive some cockamamie "treatment"?

by Anonymousreply 283August 10, 2022 12:00 AM

R280, and it’ll be your fault, you stupid renter. You’re probably cooking meth and your life’s possessions are worthless, too.

by Anonymousreply 284August 10, 2022 12:01 AM

R279 Please read R282. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 285August 10, 2022 12:10 AM

R276 You poor thing. "Can we please somehow make this about me?"

by Anonymousreply 286August 10, 2022 12:10 AM

738 sq ft.

And whether the renter has insurance or not, this is AMERICA. Do you think she's getting a check ANYTIME soon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 10, 2022 12:12 AM

I wonder why she wanted the wig and didn't care if it were styled.

Maybe she had something in mind where she wouldn't be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 288August 10, 2022 12:15 AM

R283 this is so very sad! It sounds like the dad either had a complete break with reality or was trying to punish himself for not being a good provider, or as you suggest, he may have known he was dying and was leaving for good and making up a story to spare his family. Sounds like he was weaving a fairytale for his children of the life he wanted to provide for them and could not.

by Anonymousreply 289August 10, 2022 12:17 AM

R285, the People article said “turtle.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 10, 2022 12:17 AM

Is Ellen playing Girlfriend In a Coma on loop?

by Anonymousreply 291August 10, 2022 12:18 AM

R250 she had a four year Vegas residency and was a judge on the X-Factor after her meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 292August 10, 2022 12:28 AM

She appears to have a lot of projects on the go, according to IMDB. I think her talent is immense. It would be a sad end.

by Anonymousreply 293August 10, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote]What does any of that have to do with a car accident?

Because getting trashed in the morning and speeding your car all over town while crashing into things, eventually crashing full speed into a house and destroying it, seems like the actions of someone who is suffering from emotional or mental problems, and we know Heche has these problems because she's spoken about it in the past.

But you didn't really need that explained to you, you were just doing that irritating, immature thing of asking questions instead of just flatly stating what you meant, which appears to have been "I hate men and you're all sexists and you're not allowed to talk about this topic because I say so."

by Anonymousreply 294August 10, 2022 12:34 AM

Thanks r266.

For anyone interested I found the book on https/:archive.org (free digitized version).

by Anonymousreply 295August 10, 2022 12:59 AM

Let's try that again....here's the book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 10, 2022 1:09 AM

Are there any new updates on He he’s condition?

by Anonymousreply 297August 10, 2022 1:38 AM

Now, whenever I see her referred to her as "He he", all I can think of is Michael Jackson's hiccuppy "he-he!"s in The Way You Make Me Feel, et. al.

by Anonymousreply 298August 10, 2022 1:53 AM

...which seems appropro, given that they both caught on fire.

by Anonymousreply 299August 10, 2022 2:00 AM

Ellen speaks, or at least her publicist does

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 10, 2022 2:04 AM

She has a good team. They're saying just enough and clearly at work behind the scenes. She had a real career and real money for help like that. It's a terrible shame she's so deeply ill.

by Anonymousreply 301August 10, 2022 2:09 AM

Her eyes are cold and seething

by Anonymousreply 302August 10, 2022 2:17 AM

I'm not an Ellen defender, but seriously....what else would (or could) she say? Anyone who knows anything about them knows the relationship ended very badly. If she said anything TOO nice ("please pray for Anne"), she'd get roasted like Baldwin & Arquette and we'd all think it was disingenuous, anyway.

But she can't just say "No comment" either, or she looks like a heartless bitch. "I don't want anyone to be hurt" is the appropriate t middle-of-the-road comment.

by Anonymousreply 303August 10, 2022 2:23 AM

Has anyone brought up that she was buying a red wig minutes before the crash?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 10, 2022 2:24 AM

All jokes I've made on here aside, I do actually feel bad for her and hope she survives. The recklessness of her actions can't be excused, but I do hope she comes out of it and this ends up being the hardest (or hottest) rock bottom she could possibly hit. It could, best case scenario, be a wake-up call of extreme proportions. The fact that she's been in a non-medically-induced coma for days though is not promising news for her survival. I always thought she was a tragic figure before, but this has pushed her life's tragedy to a whole new extreme.

by Anonymousreply 305August 10, 2022 2:35 AM

Rock bottom would make sense if it were merely addiction. But with mental illness..

by Anonymousreply 306August 10, 2022 2:38 AM

Remember when she went nuts on David Letterman?

by Anonymousreply 307August 10, 2022 2:38 AM

What is the best case scenario for someone in her condition? I read varying reports on whether the coma was medically induced or not. When do you think she will wake up, if ever?

by Anonymousreply 308August 10, 2022 2:38 AM

If she had open wounds on her lower legs from the impact is it possible the inside of her leg(s) were burned when the fire flared up? Or would the wounds get cauterized? Was she smoldering for an hour? If they hadn't been able to get to her at all would she have ended up hours later like a spontaneous combustion victim, a few random parts left and everything else gone?

by Anonymousreply 309August 10, 2022 2:47 AM

R304, I saw that in one of the threads. Looks like a long red one. (That’s what she said.)

The salon guy said she was a delight. What that probably means is that she was being zany and probably flattered him like mad. People really are suckers.

by Anonymousreply 310August 10, 2022 2:48 AM

Of he got a payoff from her team to make the comment.

by Anonymousreply 311August 10, 2022 2:49 AM

R309 I read she was trapped in the car for almost a half-hour before firefighters were able to safely pull her out, so I'd frankly be more concerned about the pulmonary damage she sustained from smoke and fume inhalation, which is what apparently caused her to go into the coma. The burns are bad and life-threatening for sure, but the state of her lungs is what has her in dire straits it sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 312August 10, 2022 2:49 AM

Fuck the woman that got rode in on and lost her SHIT. Cold blooded fucking queens reserving your sympathy for HER. Maybe she lost her bread maker! Hah, Elder gays? Or her poodle was almost hurt, my goodness!

by Anonymousreply 313August 10, 2022 2:53 AM

R303 true, but this was still a person she (apparently) loved. Whether she wants to make a public statement or not is up to her, but I know that I would be very upset by this if it was one of my exes, no matter how badly the relationship may have ended. She may have made her thoughts known privately so as to avoid any scrutiny from the public. That being said, Ellen is by many accounts a stone-cold cunt, so maybe she actually doesn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 314August 10, 2022 2:55 AM

R314. Her response seemed perfect. It expressed her concern for everyone involved in the situation.

by Anonymousreply 315August 10, 2022 2:59 AM

Yes. It was a good response.

by Anonymousreply 316August 10, 2022 3:06 AM

They broke up 22 years ago! Ellen's response is solid.

by Anonymousreply 317August 10, 2022 3:07 AM

I honestly don’t see how she can recover from her injuries.

by Anonymousreply 318August 10, 2022 3:34 AM

I don't either, R318. All this talk about if/when LAPD will charge her (waiting on tox reports) seems a little pointless. From the sound of things, she'll be dead by the time they get they get the tox reports back. And IF she is still alive....she wouldn't be able to stand trial for a very, very long time.

by Anonymousreply 319August 10, 2022 3:45 AM

What do you make of that R304?

by Anonymousreply 320August 10, 2022 3:48 AM

Do you have a link R307?

by Anonymousreply 321August 10, 2022 3:51 AM

Ellen's chilly response intimates that all the vitriol leveled at her might be warranted. "We are not in touch with each other (Anne is unable to make calls right now), so I would not know (maybe you could make a few calls, send some flowers?). I (it's not about you) don't want anyone (she has a name) to be hurt (but she is, Blanche)."

by Anonymousreply 322August 10, 2022 4:00 AM

[quote] How could Anne be coherent when buying a wig only 30 minutes before the accident? The guy she bought the wig from says that she was "coherent"!!! Her eyes and expression look focused and normal in the photo with him as well.

A friend of mine was bipolar - and she would go on weird buying sprees and be hyper-friendly during manic episodes, so that's a possibility. And she and Heather were saying somebody gave them bottles of Smirnoff (I think that's what they say at the very beginning - not sure as they talk fast and over each other - but it's at the start of that last podcast, linked in one of these threads). So since that was Tuesday and there was still voda in the bottle, maybe she hadn't had a lot of it, at least the wreck-day. You'd think the salon guy would be able to tell if she was blotto. Didn't someone say she cupped his face in her hands (could be either the action of a manic bipolar, someone drunk, or both)

by Anonymousreply 323August 10, 2022 4:03 AM

One bipolar celebrity - Patty Duke i think - would become hypersexual when manic - so that might be related to her cupping his face in her hands, and maybe even buying the 'sexy' long red wig, then heading out for some excitement somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 324August 10, 2022 4:05 AM

R313....who hurt you? As a child? You seem positively unhinged, my friend....

by Anonymousreply 325August 10, 2022 4:07 AM

Maybe she was on some medication, chugged some of the vodka after she bought the wig and had a bad reaction.

by Anonymousreply 326August 10, 2022 4:09 AM

Another bipolar person I know, a man, would be hospitalized for being psychotic, but he'd escape from the hospital and wander the streets of the city interacting with homeless people, and just random people - and he'd run from police and others trying to get him to calm down and do what they said.

You never know what a manic person will do - especially with psychosis, which is common in the manic phase.

by Anonymousreply 327August 10, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote]You'd think the salon guy would be able to tell if she was blotto. Didn't someone say she cupped his face in her hands (could be either the action of a manic bipolar, someone drunk, or both)

She did cup his face in her hands and say "Haven't we worked together?!" (in a People Mag article about their interaction) which is odd to say the least.

[quote]Glass added that, during their interaction, Heche "grabbed my face" and wondered if he had done her hair before. He said he hadn't but offered to work with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328August 10, 2022 4:26 AM

R322 - but wasn't Anne rude and catty about Ellen in a recent podcast ("she's having trouble getting work" - something like that - like with her money, she'd care)

I think Ellen's statement reflects the coolness - and the wanting no one to get hurt - Anne did just use her car like a weapon, crashing into others' cars and buildings, so in context, that makes sense, that she doesn't want Anne or any of the people involved in that tragic situation to get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 329August 10, 2022 4:36 AM

I think the wig incident was her last hurrah as a manic pixie dream girl, flitting around the shop in chick flick whimsy, slow-dancing in front of a mirror while twisting those magenta locks between her fingers and giggling uncontrollably.

by Anonymousreply 330August 10, 2022 4:37 AM

Oh and the "we're not in touch" explains that there's no friendship left - and that she's in no position to know what Anne's state of mind may have been lately (or for years), so like, "Beats me what happened with her but hope everyone will be ok." The renter lady is in a position to be in a state of shock as well.

by Anonymousreply 331August 10, 2022 4:38 AM

[quote]The salon guy said she was a delight. What that probably means is that she was being zany and probably flattered him like mad. People really are suckers.

I did like how he said she didn't seem to be "speaking in cursive," which was his way of saying "she didn't sound drunk."

Apparently she originally wanted a blue wig, but it was sold, so she said she was coming back for a red one. That doesn't sound like she wanted a disguise, as others have suggested.

by Anonymousreply 332August 10, 2022 4:42 AM

I've never hard that colorful phrase (she was speaking in cursive). Makes me think of someone who's speaking extravagantly or flamboyantly.

by Anonymousreply 333August 10, 2022 4:44 AM

It would be interesting if she woke up from her coma and thought it was still 1998 and she was married to Ellen

by Anonymousreply 334August 10, 2022 4:44 AM

* oops I misread (I'm sleepy). So she DIDN'T speak in cursive.

by Anonymousreply 335August 10, 2022 4:48 AM

r322 = idiot

by Anonymousreply 336August 10, 2022 4:59 AM

Waiting for the "Anne Heche is dead to me" post

by Anonymousreply 337August 10, 2022 5:01 AM

[quote] did like how he said she didn't seem to be "speaking in cursive," which was his way of saying "she didn't sound drunk."

"Speaking in cursive" is the greatest description I've ever heard of someone slurring their words! I will be using it from here on out!

by Anonymousreply 338August 10, 2022 5:02 AM

R271

She was 22 in '79, and since Anne claimed the abuse started in infancy, Susan was undoubtedly living in the house for a few years when it was allegedly happening. As the eldest sister, you'd think she would have noticed that her baby sister had herpes.

by Anonymousreply 339August 10, 2022 5:10 AM

R271

Susan was 22 when she got married, and Anne claimed the abuse started in infancy (Anne was born in '69). If Susan moved out at 18, that would have been in '75, and you'd think, as the eldest child, she would have noticed that her baby sister had herpes.

by Anonymousreply 340August 10, 2022 5:13 AM

Sorry for the double post.

by Anonymousreply 341August 10, 2022 5:15 AM

Too little, too late.

BLOCKED!!

by Anonymousreply 342August 10, 2022 5:25 AM

I've poked around on the Internet and can't get a definitive answer. So, what's the consensus on whether Anne's homosexual father raped her as an infant? Do people believe it actually happened or that it's a repressed memory/bipolar craziness thing on Anne's part?

by Anonymousreply 343August 10, 2022 8:44 AM

Its a real thing. The CHRISTOFASCISTS are coming for us.

by Anonymousreply 344August 10, 2022 8:55 AM

[Quote] since Anne claimed the abuse started in infancy,

That may be a false "memory." Abuse later is much more likely to be remember accurately, and Susan likely wouldn't know about the latter.

by Anonymousreply 345August 10, 2022 12:26 PM

The turtle’s name is Marley. What are the fucking odds?

by Anonymousreply 346August 10, 2022 12:42 PM

Cancel the "cursive" hairburner. Especially since Anne had all her hair burned off.

It's bad enough that kids can't write cursive any more. Now ignorant attention-seekers are distorting its meaning.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 347August 10, 2022 12:55 PM

Singing in cursive is also a common insult.

by Anonymousreply 348August 10, 2022 12:58 PM

Anne has severe mental health issues, by her own admission. She also taken various drugs that can (and have, in her case) induce psychosis. Her sisters evidently disputed the sex abuse stories. Finally, the dad died of AIDS in 1983 and according to Anne, was raping both her and Nathaniel for more than ten years until at least 1981, yet neither of them contracted AIDS, nor did their mother.

All of the above makes me think the sex abuse didn't actually happen. That said, he was clearly (from what Susan wrote) a very bad and emotionally abusive parent. And Anne was no doubt traumatized by her childhood, as were her siblings.

None of it removes her personal responsibility, but it does help me to understand why despite so much potential, she has made such an absolute train wreck of her life.

by Anonymousreply 349August 10, 2022 1:01 PM

Huh. Rosie O'Donnell injected herself into a celebrity news story before Kathy Griffin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 10, 2022 1:03 PM

Train wreck? In 2002? Laffon and Anne were still together. Did they have a bizarre wedding or something?

by Anonymousreply 351August 10, 2022 1:14 PM

R245 you got it right. Crazy white woman gets let off again.

And I don’t mean Caitlin Jenner btw

by Anonymousreply 352August 10, 2022 1:15 PM

[QUOTE] The turtle’s name is Marley. What are the fucking odds?

No fucking way! That is beyond coincidental.

I think the scene in Another World where Marley (Anne Heche) confronts Jake (Tom Eplin) in the hospital about raping her is some of the most powerful acting I’ve ever seen, in a soap opera or otherwise. Anne was/is a huge talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353August 10, 2022 1:17 PM

Anne Heche is alive to me!

by Anonymousreply 354August 10, 2022 1:18 PM

[quote]"I don't want anyone to be hurt" - Ellen

For once.

by Anonymousreply 355August 10, 2022 1:20 PM

Surviving a head-on crash at that speed in a Mini? I guess she must have been wearing her seat belt.

by Anonymousreply 356August 10, 2022 1:26 PM

R260 She is under MK-ULTRA mind control by the Illuminati owned Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 357August 10, 2022 1:37 PM

R357- I thought she was a Q-loon? Huh.

by Anonymousreply 358August 10, 2022 1:43 PM

She didn’t play Vicky in AW? Who was Vicky??

by Anonymousreply 359August 10, 2022 2:01 PM

She played both Vicki and Marley on Another World.

by Anonymousreply 360August 10, 2022 2:05 PM

I hope they treated this cunt with the same regard she gave the little John Q Jr in the film. She could have killed lots more. Crazy drunk.

by Anonymousreply 361August 10, 2022 2:50 PM

r361 As she's been placed into a coma, she's likely likely been treated well.

and besides, too much of the world is watching now... anything happens to her, you'd see firings from the top to the bottom.

... . the headlines are likely shit, so she's been placed into the coma for recovery. Which is predictable because of her alleged drug and alcohol problems as well as the mental illness. . . than her injuries in and of themselves. No one is really giving to give a shit until she hits the two week mark. They dont like keeping them under much longer than two weeks.. but it has happened, still two weeks is the standard limit.

by Anonymousreply 362August 10, 2022 3:05 PM

She's not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 363August 10, 2022 3:44 PM

R363 = Ellen

by Anonymousreply 364August 10, 2022 3:45 PM

Ellen might as well have said "I don't give a damn. Fuck that bitch." with that half-assed statement.

by Anonymousreply 365August 10, 2022 4:20 PM

Can someone provide a link to Ellen’s statement? I don’t see it on her Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 366August 10, 2022 4:22 PM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 367August 10, 2022 4:26 PM

Actually, it was a video - Ellen was walking down a sort of alleyway going to lunch in Santa Barbara and a reporter ambushed her and asked her about Heche. As she was walking along she made the statement.

by Anonymousreply 368August 10, 2022 4:46 PM

In all honesty, what is one expected to say about an ex who hurt and humiliated you? Hope she doesn't die would be about the only positive remark I could choke out, lol.

by Anonymousreply 369August 10, 2022 4:50 PM

[QUOTE] In all honesty, what is one expected to say about an ex who hurt and humiliated you?

I’m an author and I created a character in my new book based on my ex. Then, I had the character die of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 370August 10, 2022 4:53 PM

I did not know that speaking or singing in cursive was an insult since this is the first time I have heard it but it should not be an insult since it sounds fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 371August 10, 2022 4:58 PM

R370- Lololol! Does your ex know this?

by Anonymousreply 372August 10, 2022 5:00 PM

He does, R372! We’re actually on pretty good terms now and he congratulated me on the book recently and said that it was brilliant.

I honestly thought that he would never speak to me again.

by Anonymousreply 373August 10, 2022 5:04 PM

What do you guys think Ellen should have said? Their relationship was over 20 years ago. Saying "we're not in touch, I don't want anyone to be hurt," is completely appropriate in this situation. I think Ellen was a bully on set, but I don't think she's wrong here.

by Anonymousreply 374August 10, 2022 5:08 PM

[quote]Ellen's chilly response intimates that all the vitriol leveled at her might be warranted. "We are not in touch with each other (Anne is unable to make calls right now), so I would not know (maybe you could make a few calls, send some flowers?). I (it's not about you) don't want anyone (she has a name) to be hurt (but she is, Blanche)."

Ellen has a shit ton of issues. Look at Portia and the shit she's had to endure. Being with Ellen was probably no picnic for Anne either and it is interesting that she had her first public meltdown after Ellen dumped her.

I believe her too when she says Ellen had her blacklisted. It definitely seems like something she'd be fucking cruel enough to do once her talk show became big again.

Ask Liza Minnelli about what a cruel bitch Ellen can be.

by Anonymousreply 375August 10, 2022 5:08 PM

Ellen is evil.

by Anonymousreply 376August 10, 2022 5:10 PM

Anne was trying to get away from Ellen at the time of the crash.

by Anonymousreply 377August 10, 2022 5:11 PM

If she has smoke inhalation injuries, they’ll be keeping her intubated and on the ventilator until the airway and lung swelling goes down, which could be more than a week. They’ll be keeping her sedated during that time to avoid excessive coughing and to reduce oxygen requirements.

by Anonymousreply 378August 10, 2022 5:20 PM

I still suspect that this was a suicide attempt, especially considering that her brother died the exact same way.

by Anonymousreply 379August 10, 2022 5:32 PM

I don't think so. She was out of it.

by Anonymousreply 380August 10, 2022 5:35 PM

R380- Any info on why she was driving around on that street?

by Anonymousreply 381August 10, 2022 5:36 PM

Interestingly, actress Jensen Buchanan also played the role of Vicky Hudson on Another World. And she was also involved in a car crash while driving under the influence. She spent time in jail after being convicted.

Actress Cynthia Watros also played Vicky Hudson, and she has also been busted for DUI in the past.

Perhaps the role of Vicky Hudson has a curse associated with it??

by Anonymousreply 382August 10, 2022 5:37 PM

If it was a suicide attempt, this is a good example of how you might end up even more worse off if you live.

by Anonymousreply 383August 10, 2022 5:37 PM

What’s wrong with what Ellen said? They caught her off guard going into a restaurant. That’s about all she could say about someone who she broke up and hasn’t seen in 22 years.

by Anonymousreply 384August 10, 2022 5:42 PM

Nothing is wrong. People just want to hate on Ellen. I don't object to the hating, but her Anne comment was well judged.

by Anonymousreply 385August 10, 2022 5:51 PM

Can someone refresh my memory on what Anne Hehe did to humiliate Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 386August 10, 2022 5:58 PM

What if the tox screen comes up clean (not in cursive?)

by Anonymousreply 387August 10, 2022 6:05 PM

It’s better.

by Anonymousreply 388August 10, 2022 6:07 PM

R386, if I remember correctly Anne left Ellen for a man and/or cheated on Ellen with a man.

by Anonymousreply 389August 10, 2022 6:29 PM

Anne's husband was the camerman on a documentary Ann was making about Ellen's comedy tour.

by Anonymousreply 390August 10, 2022 6:30 PM

Because she was never gay. She used Ellen to futher her career.

by Anonymousreply 391August 10, 2022 7:04 PM

I looked at the GoFundMe for the people who lost their house after our Annie ran into it.....

And had to share that Our Lady of Perpetual Exhaustion, Roxane Gay, made a donation!

by Anonymousreply 392August 10, 2022 7:08 PM

I don't believe Anne has faked same sex attraction. She has lez energy.

by Anonymousreply 393August 10, 2022 7:15 PM

The person living in the house was only a renter.

by Anonymousreply 394August 10, 2022 7:16 PM

"Only a renter"

She still lost everything she owned, jackass R394!

by Anonymousreply 395August 10, 2022 7:50 PM

Apparently. Did she even have renter's insurance?

by Anonymousreply 396August 10, 2022 7:51 PM

She didn't lose her doggos and tortoise-o's.

by Anonymousreply 397August 10, 2022 7:52 PM

Well, one does not own pets....they own you!

by Anonymousreply 398August 10, 2022 7:55 PM

Owned by a tortoise? The ignominy!

by Anonymousreply 399August 10, 2022 7:57 PM

[quote]R391 she was never gay. She used Ellen to futher her career.

That seems like an extreme measure. The manipulative character in BOWFINGER is supposedly based on her, however. She had a relationship with Steve Martin before he wrote it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 10, 2022 8:14 PM

Heather Graham is as ugly as she is talented.

by Anonymousreply 401August 10, 2022 8:15 PM

Heather Graham is actually the most beautiful person I’ve ever met in person. The quality of her individual features is truly remarkable close up. Skin like ivory silk, hair like a Clairol ad, full rosy lips, big blue eyes with lush lashes… it’s a bit sci-fi!

And she wasn’t even wearing noticeable makeup.

by Anonymousreply 402August 10, 2022 8:21 PM

r400 she hooked up with Ellen on her downswing. . and don't think for a second Ellen wasn't pleased to have a str8 trophy wife like one time gal pal Etheridge, they used to attend closeted lez parties together, including with an underaged Sara Gilbert.

People forget what a nutjob Ellen was back then too... even more so after her show was cancelled. She was only able to maneuver back into place because her allies were bigger douches than she was.

by Anonymousreply 403August 10, 2022 8:30 PM

Are you suggestion Sara Gilbert was molested?

by Anonymousreply 404August 10, 2022 8:32 PM

R403- You are right that I had no clue about Ellen back then. I must confess that I bought her entire nice guy act. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 405August 10, 2022 8:34 PM

Anne said she was bi all along. Ellen thought she could make her lez.

by Anonymousreply 406August 10, 2022 8:45 PM

I thought Gilbert was around the older lesbians because she was dating Gina Schock.

by Anonymousreply 407August 10, 2022 8:52 PM

I am not an Ellen fan but I find nothing objectionable about what she said when cornered by paparazzis. It wasn’t a prepared statement and their relationship was more than two decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 408August 10, 2022 9:07 PM

Well, smell you R264! “Corner office”

by Anonymousreply 409August 10, 2022 9:10 PM

Her childhood was horrific! Her closeted gay dad RAPED her. Then her mom was in denial and her dad was like the first official AIDS death on record or something crazy. She never had a chance to have normalcy and clearly has never gotten proper therapy to erase these memories. She’s been drugging and drinking herself to death every since . Now her kids will be motherless, it’s very sad!

by Anonymousreply 410August 10, 2022 9:16 PM

I feel for Anne. She's clearly destructive and sick, but as with Courtney Love, monsters aren't born, they're made.

by Anonymousreply 411August 10, 2022 9:17 PM

Wouldn't he be a closeted Bi dad?

by Anonymousreply 412August 10, 2022 9:20 PM

R410, is that a parody post of a deranged fibro frau?

by Anonymousreply 413August 10, 2022 9:20 PM

Her older son has a stepmother.

by Anonymousreply 414August 10, 2022 9:20 PM

[Quote] If it was a suicide attempt, this is a good example of how you might end up even more worse off if you live.

So....make it count?

by Anonymousreply 415August 10, 2022 9:27 PM

Basically.

by Anonymousreply 416August 10, 2022 9:44 PM

A tortoise? What’s that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417August 10, 2022 9:53 PM

BRAVO R417

by Anonymousreply 418August 10, 2022 9:56 PM

A second source noted to ET that everyone is “absolutely devastated and heartbroken” about what happened last week, but they are also concerned that “her character is being attacked” since the facts of the crash haven’t been sorted out yet. “They are trying to focus on getting Anne better, and it’s very hard when they have these negative distractions” the insider continued. “Anne is in a coma and fighting for her life. She has no voice here.” - Yahoo

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 419August 10, 2022 9:56 PM

Most people having a stroke do not respond with three successive drag-race bumps and crashes, and most don't have a bottle of vodka rolling around in the front seat as they tear around like a drunken Batman.

Sudden psychological snap? Manic episode? Shizophrenic break? What, with no recent precursors?

No.

Hear it. NO.

by Anonymousreply 420August 10, 2022 10:05 PM

Another odd coincidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 10, 2022 10:10 PM

That's a wee bit chilling R421. What is also odd is how much she and the renter whose stuff she demolished look alike.

by Anonymousreply 422August 10, 2022 10:12 PM

Alternate angle of her throwing off the burn barrier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 10, 2022 10:17 PM

It looks like young Homer is going to be saddled with a lot of responsibility...poor kid. No matter what their relationship is like, it can be overwhelming to be the one tasked with making those difficult decisions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 10, 2022 10:19 PM

Is Homer close with Abigail?

by Anonymousreply 425August 10, 2022 10:20 PM

Does everyone really think that she was dating for the publicity? She was doing well at that point, starring as the romantic lead in Six Days Seven Nights, Volcano, etc.

The lezzie stuff was the kiss of the death back then. I feel like being a movie star and then dating a female TV star would be a step down.

She really predated the Demi Lovato theybie type. I had respect for her because there was something at stake. When Demi says she swings both ways, it’s for edgelord points but there’s really no risk to her future earning potential in saying so.

by Anonymousreply 426August 10, 2022 10:31 PM

R426 she was a fast rising star and was very possibly on her way towards being a household name, but with Ellen she saw a chance at instantaneous, universal attention - and even if much of it was negative, she seems the type who has to go for the instant gratification and fame. Dumb move though, in my opinion. Between her talent and hooking up with Steve Martin she had a good shot at the A list. She overplayed her hand.

by Anonymousreply 427August 10, 2022 11:34 PM

Instant gratification and fame? Anne was working from the late 1980s, no? I think it's revisionist to suggest Anne saw lesbianism as a career move. I think her subsequent marriage allowed that narrative to gain traction. I don't think it was true. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 428August 10, 2022 11:37 PM

I'm sorry, was Ellen A-List in the late 90s?

by Anonymousreply 429August 10, 2022 11:42 PM

It could actually be argued that Ellen was using Anne. She wanted some arm candy to make her more palatable to the masses. Portia isn't exactly hard on the eyes (though I think she's got some mental issues of her own).

by Anonymousreply 430August 10, 2022 11:48 PM

[quote]what a nutjob Ellen was back then

Back then?

by Anonymousreply 431August 10, 2022 11:49 PM

Ellen got a huge amount of publicity around the time of coming out. Three years was a long time for Anne to fake a relationship for publicity...

Btw, are there any pics of Anne with Lindsey Buckingham?

by Anonymousreply 432August 10, 2022 11:51 PM

Homer is teeny-tiny short. Was Anne drinking/drugging when she was baking him? Seriously, he’s verging on little person.

by Anonymousreply 433August 10, 2022 11:52 PM

Ellen-Anne: my two cents: it was real, a short love affair.

by Anonymousreply 434August 10, 2022 11:53 PM

He was taller than Anne. This pic was five years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 10, 2022 11:57 PM

She’s 5’5”. Not a good comparator for whether his height is normal. He looks scrawny as well as short.

by Anonymousreply 436August 10, 2022 11:58 PM

Who names their fucking kid “Homer”? Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 437August 11, 2022 12:01 AM

It's better than Apple of Jermajesty.

by Anonymousreply 438August 11, 2022 12:04 AM

*Apple or Jermajesty

by Anonymousreply 439August 11, 2022 12:04 AM

R423’s video is fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 440August 11, 2022 12:10 AM

I can imagine flailing like crazy if I was in agony. Burns and open wounds on her broken legs - I hate to even try to imagine what that must have felt like. I hope they sedated her strongly asap.

by Anonymousreply 441August 11, 2022 12:12 AM

R427 the 90s were a different time. Now everyone loves the cute lipstick lesbian who announces to the world that she loves women or "Doesn't see gender" ( eye roll). But there was a huge stigma in the 90s. Anne was quite attractive. If all she wanted was to climb the career ladder she would have had better luck fucking some older jack Nicholson type or a studio executive. I think Ellen and Anne are both messed up people who genuinely loved each other....for a brief time of course. I don't think anyone was using anyone.

by Anonymousreply 442August 11, 2022 12:13 AM

I think the flailing was panic. Like you see in people who go running down the street when they are engulfed in flames.

by Anonymousreply 443August 11, 2022 12:16 AM

I think you're right, r443. It looked like the sheet was over her head/face.

by Anonymousreply 444August 11, 2022 12:22 AM

[quote]I think it's revisionist to suggest Anne saw lesbianism as a career move. I think her subsequent marriage allowed that narrative to gain traction.

r428, No, everyone was thinking it at the time. SNL even made fun of their relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 11, 2022 12:23 AM

Why did they put a sheet over her face? They thought she was dead? Protect her from the cameras?

by Anonymousreply 446August 11, 2022 12:27 AM

I wonder how many of the EMTs shat themselves when she went from being totally still to nearly making a break for it? I would have been at least one of them.

by Anonymousreply 447August 11, 2022 12:31 AM

That looks like a zombie rising from the dead, R423. So creepy.

by Anonymousreply 448August 11, 2022 12:32 AM

Wow the skit at R445 is vicious.

by Anonymousreply 449August 11, 2022 12:37 AM

She was promoting the Tommy Lee movie on Leno and telling people very brashly how to spell her name. She may have loved Ellen, I also think she has a cold and calculated side and saw Ellen as a leg up.

by Anonymousreply 450August 11, 2022 12:52 AM

If These [Garage] Walls Could Talk

by Anonymousreply 451August 11, 2022 1:04 AM

What was the deal with her and Ami Goodheart? Are/were they really together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 11, 2022 1:26 AM

Do we think Anne He He was a cunnilingus bottom or did she schlorp on Ellen's vag?

by Anonymousreply 453August 11, 2022 1:40 AM

R453, she’s a pillow princess.

by Anonymousreply 454August 11, 2022 1:42 AM

I think Anne ate the puss greedily.

by Anonymousreply 455August 11, 2022 1:43 AM

Heche has dykey hands in much of her work; I think she's genuinely bi and concur with R455.

by Anonymousreply 456August 11, 2022 1:46 AM

Yes… the telltale dykey hands expose them every time.

by Anonymousreply 457August 11, 2022 1:59 AM

cane face as well

by Anonymousreply 458August 11, 2022 2:00 AM

R420, Did she purposely cause this accident? Please say it isn't so.

by Anonymousreply 459August 11, 2022 2:02 AM

Neighbor talks about what actually happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 11, 2022 2:11 AM

[quote] Why did they put a sheet over her face?

Because there was a helicopter filming from above. For privacy

by Anonymousreply 461August 11, 2022 2:20 AM

OK, I will bite, why are some people referring to her as Anne He He? I feel stupid for asking but I always feel stupid so....

by Anonymousreply 462August 11, 2022 2:34 AM

Inhalation injuries such as she must have experienced, plus the serious burns mentioned, make prognosis difficult. She was in the fire scene for over 60 minutes, even if active flames were not present the entire time. The likely chemical components of the smoke also can be devastating with inhalation apart from the smoke damage alone.

Avoiding sepsis will be very difficult, if she manages to get that far given respiratory damage and other trauma or injuries they have not described.

I guess the absurdity of the what and how don't make for humor at this point.

by Anonymousreply 463August 11, 2022 2:40 AM

If she makes it, life will be much different for her.

by Anonymousreply 464August 11, 2022 2:48 AM

R464 Such wisdom. Never would have had that thought in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 465August 11, 2022 2:50 AM

[quote]r462 OK, why are some people referring to her as Anne He He?

Their fingers atremble with excitement, an early poster mistakenly wrote “Anne He He” instead of “Anne Heche” moments after the crash.

: (

by Anonymousreply 466August 11, 2022 2:52 AM

r466 Sweet fucking Jesus. Really? We are doomed. I love your image by the way. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 467August 11, 2022 2:55 AM

Sad last days

by Anonymousreply 468August 11, 2022 2:57 AM

Will she die in time to be included in the In Memoriam segment at this year's Emmy Awards?

by Anonymousreply 469August 11, 2022 3:00 AM

How did she go from jumping off the stretcher to being in a coma? Lol Hollywood lol

by Anonymousreply 470August 11, 2022 3:03 AM

R469, Save the date, September 12th.

by Anonymousreply 471August 11, 2022 3:03 AM

R19- Huh? I listen to lots of podcasts and produce my own podcast. They are all released the day they are recorded. Editing is not that difficult. Gotta get it out before it’s dated.

by Anonymousreply 472August 11, 2022 3:03 AM

In the comments section for the article R424 posted someone wrote: [italic]Now is not the time for judgment[/italic].

Like hell it isn't! Anne Heche destroyed everything that poor woman owned. It's a miracle that Heche didn't kill her or anyone else while driving like a maniac all over Mar Vista and Venice.

by Anonymousreply 473August 11, 2022 3:25 AM

I agree with R440 about R423's video being creepy. That's a much clearer angle of her horrific injuries. I pity Anne Heche and her loved ones right now.

Yes, I also feel bad for the renter lady who lost most of her worldly possessions in the fiery crash. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 474August 11, 2022 3:41 AM

She looks good at R452

by Anonymousreply 475August 11, 2022 4:04 AM

I saw a few articles that said that she was offered a role on As the World Turns before she took the roles on Another World. Does anyone know which ATWT character it was? The timing (1987) suggests maybe... Emily Stewart?

by Anonymousreply 476August 11, 2022 4:37 AM

OMFG re R423.

That looks really bad.

by Anonymousreply 477August 11, 2022 5:06 AM

Considering how just a small oven burn hurts like hell, I can’t imagine the agony until they were able to sedate her.

by Anonymousreply 478August 11, 2022 5:10 AM

R476 My understanding is that she auditioned in 1985. She was 15 and still in high school, so a little young to play Emily but the right age for Lily or Meg.

by Anonymousreply 479August 11, 2022 5:34 AM

R472 that's not true at all. I l've worked with podcasts and they release anywhere from that day to a month later.

It's been confirmed the podcast was filmed 3 days before the upload/crash.

by Anonymousreply 480August 11, 2022 6:32 AM

The Video can't be watched anymore.

by Anonymousreply 481August 11, 2022 7:05 AM

R470, my uninformed theory is: adrenaline. Sometimes people with gunshot wounds don’t even realize they’ve been shot right away. They think someone shoved them and that’s why they fell, etc. The pain isn’t always instantaneous.

Although I would imagine that after an hour, it would have worn off and she’d be in immense pain and settled down.

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 482August 11, 2022 12:40 PM

Burn injuries and injuries to the lungs from inhaling gasses and hot air often don't cause immediate life-threatening problems. Acute inhalation injury can often have delayed effects of up to 48 hours, depending on what was inhaled.

by Anonymousreply 483August 11, 2022 1:41 PM

[quote]I think the flailing was panic

After seeing the alternate angle, I think she may have been coughing.

by Anonymousreply 484August 11, 2022 1:44 PM

Damn. I wonder if Steve Martin wrote that SNL skit? It was brutal and he was pissed when she left him for a woman after 3 years together

by Anonymousreply 485August 11, 2022 1:56 PM

R379 [quote]I still suspect that this was a suicide attempt,

Yes, because when trying to commit vehicular suicide it’s always important to wear your seatbelt. Safety first!

by Anonymousreply 486August 11, 2022 1:59 PM

She'll probably get a tracheostomy soon...

by Anonymousreply 487August 11, 2022 3:10 PM

…and a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 488August 11, 2022 4:48 PM

What is Steve Martin's "type"? He went from Bernadette Peters to Anne Heche to Victoria Tennant.

by Anonymousreply 489August 11, 2022 4:53 PM

I thought Ellen handled the question well. I especially liked her inflections on "Sure was." when the interviewer said, "It was quite a dangerous accident."

by Anonymousreply 490August 11, 2022 4:53 PM

Is there video of the Ellen response? I feel like everyone has seen it but I can’t find it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 491August 11, 2022 5:01 PM

No one has questioned what Anne Heche was doing in Mar Vista? It's a very working class neighborhood that no one would have a reason to drive through.

by Anonymousreply 492August 11, 2022 5:04 PM

[Quote] He went from Bernadette Peters to Anne Heche

Bisexuals?

by Anonymousreply 493August 11, 2022 5:24 PM

Mar Vista is adjacent to fancy neighborhoods and is by no means “very working class.” Now if she were in Ladera Heights, that would be worth commenting on.

by Anonymousreply 494August 11, 2022 5:36 PM

Bernadette Peters is an inveterate misogynist and that extends to her sexuality. She’d never go near another woman sexually. They’re all competition to her.

by Anonymousreply 495August 11, 2022 5:38 PM

She's in "extremely critical" condition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 11, 2022 5:59 PM

she had coke in her system! if reports are to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 497August 11, 2022 6:58 PM

Los Angeles Police Department sources told TMZ Thursday that the actress’ blood test results came up positive for both substances.

by Anonymousreply 498August 11, 2022 6:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499August 11, 2022 7:08 PM

R499 I wonder how did the Daily Mail confirm she was high on cocaine? Maybe the guy in the lab coat who was interviewed by ET (see R496) provided this tidbit based on his analysis of helicopter footage from the accident scene. I bet there was coke in the smoke!

by Anonymousreply 500August 11, 2022 7:28 PM

Really a sad state of affairs. I feel bad for all involved, especially her children. the woman that had her rental destroyed...sure she will have some trauma but she can easily get over it....especially with all that GoFund me help. And she lives in LA so there's already a good chance she is a narcissist and this "trauma" will give her publicity and attention for years. Anne's kids though...if she even lives, physically she is going to have a long, dark journey ahead of her, and no child should have to go through that. And if you think we're cruel on Datalounge...imagine the shit kids at school will say to them.

by Anonymousreply 501August 11, 2022 7:28 PM

Oh, Anne Heche, we love you, get up.

by Anonymousreply 502August 11, 2022 7:47 PM

The Grossman Burn Center saved Richard Pryor. They’ll save Anne too. Also, she’s a fighter, as seen in the clip where she pops up from the gurney like Jason Voorhees out of Crystal Lake. Anne lives!

by Anonymousreply 503August 11, 2022 7:56 PM

I am frequently astonished at how good the Daily Mail reporting is. They seem to have details on our mass shootings way before any body else - if any body else EVER gets what they do.

Coked up AND a bottle of vodka in the cup holder. And buying the crazy red wig (and wanted the blue one). Starting to make sense. (I guess - I don't know much about coke - maybe it exacerbates bipolar manic swings? Many people do coke - but not many crash into multiple buildings)

by Anonymousreply 504August 11, 2022 8:16 PM

Oops - so TMZ had it too? R498 - were the two substances coke and vodka - or coke and something else?

by Anonymousreply 505August 11, 2022 8:20 PM

R504 She probably did coke, drank and had prescription drugs in her as well, all on top of a schizo or manic episode. Which would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 506August 11, 2022 8:21 PM

The other substance TMZ mentioned was fentanyl. But additional testing has to be done because it might not have come from the coke, given the treatments that were administered at the hospital. They're still waiting on additional toxicology tests (including alcohol).

by Anonymousreply 507August 11, 2022 8:22 PM

She’s toast.

by Anonymousreply 508August 11, 2022 8:22 PM

Close to death from smoke inhalatia!!

by Anonymousreply 509August 11, 2022 8:23 PM

R492, Ho please

by Anonymousreply 510August 11, 2022 8:36 PM

R492 is probably a trust fund baby. They think any lower end professional even those making only100k is working class.

by Anonymousreply 511August 11, 2022 8:37 PM

"I am frequently astonished at how good the Daily Mail reporting is."

Envy is a powerful emotion.

by Anonymousreply 512August 11, 2022 8:52 PM

Did the renter lady get her dogs and tortoise out or did the firefighters do it?

I hope they don't suffer ptsd! (oh and that goes for the lady too)

Can she sue Anne for her distress?

by Anonymousreply 513August 11, 2022 8:57 PM

I'm having a Diet Coke right now - jeez, it's just caffeine!

by Anonymousreply 514August 11, 2022 8:57 PM

Oh and the DM said she tapped on her brakes - maybe that's why she barely missed the pedestrian lady. But they said she didn't really brake.

My god. Can you sue someone who barely misses hitting you while you're walking down the sidewalk and they're coked and maybe fentanyled up?

For some reason, I really want Anne to pay a penalty for this -- she also sounded mean to me, on that last podcast. I need to stop being so judgmental - I mean, who among us....

by Anonymousreply 515August 11, 2022 9:00 PM

Team Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 516August 11, 2022 9:01 PM

Breaking news: Anne Heche’s driving app to blame for nightmare crash by navigating her into a residential home instead of the Taco Bell drive-thru, according to a witness (who prefer to remain anonymous).

by Anonymousreply 517August 11, 2022 9:20 PM

Yeah R501 the woman who lost everything she owns, and her home, will easily get over it. Jesus Fucking Christ.

And it wasn't even a tornado or some other natural disaster. A coked out lunatic crashed through her house like the Koolaid Man while she was just minding her business.

It wouldn't surprise me if that lady is having trouble sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 518August 11, 2022 9:42 PM

It wasn't her home. Only a renter.

by Anonymousreply 519August 11, 2022 9:42 PM

if she's in a coma, why don't they just pull the plug?

it sounds like she inhaled a shit load of toxic fumes. Her brain must be fried.

and organ transplants are wasted on her coz she's an addict and will just fuck up the new organs.

She's better off dead. Really.

by Anonymousreply 520August 11, 2022 9:43 PM

R519 home: noun 1. the place where one lives permanently

It's still her home. Or it was.

by Anonymousreply 521August 11, 2022 9:45 PM

[quote]I am frequently astonished at how good the Daily Mail reporting is

Anne Heche sizzles in her risqué outfit as she makes an impromptu visit to a fellow Angelena on her way back home from shopping for merkins.

by Anonymousreply 522August 11, 2022 9:46 PM

Isn't a lot of coke these days contaminated? Sorry, don't know these things, haven't thought about coke since maybe 1982.

by Anonymousreply 523August 11, 2022 9:47 PM

A visit to the scene of The Crash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 11, 2022 9:54 PM

Probably sheer panic, being wrapped up and strapped down to a gurney like that. I feel a bit panicky just looking at this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525August 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Lynne Mishele watching her home and all her belongings go up in smoke (in the red top.) She looks like a nice person.

Yes I know she’s “just a renter” but it’s still her home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526August 11, 2022 10:37 PM

Are you sure that's her? She doesn't look remotely like Anne, whereas the woman some have labelled the renter does look like Anne.

by Anonymousreply 527August 11, 2022 10:41 PM

Buying a wig. Cruising around a random neighborhood. Sounds like she was spying on someone. Maybe her recent lesbian fling? Lesbian flings do tend to get dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 528August 11, 2022 10:43 PM

I'm sorry for Anne and I hate to say this, but we are living in an open-air insane asylum, too many mentally ill people roaming around, endangering the public. Imagine a deranged homeless person getting behind the wheel of a car, same thing. I have no solution anyone wants to hear.

by Anonymousreply 529August 11, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote]r515 the DM said she tapped on her brakes - maybe that's why she barely missed the pedestrian lady. But they said she didn't really brake.

Because Ellen cut them.

by Anonymousreply 530August 11, 2022 10:59 PM

Why do the tragic crazy celebrity incidents always occur in August

by Anonymousreply 531August 11, 2022 11:10 PM

R513, yes and she will. If Anne dies the estate will have a big check to cut.

by Anonymousreply 532August 11, 2022 11:39 PM

R526, there is no such thing as just a renter when it come to your home. A home is your home. It's nobodys business whether you will someday own that house or not.

by Anonymousreply 533August 11, 2022 11:40 PM

[quote] Mar Vista is adjacent to fancy neighborhoods

Oh, my sides! Palms? Culver City?

by Anonymousreply 534August 12, 2022 12:02 AM

TMZ is usually correct. Cocaine but no alcohol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535August 12, 2022 12:04 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 12, 2022 12:33 AM

That's because the cocaine prolly ate up all the alcohol. She did what many drunks do who are also cokeheads. Did some lines after a night of drinking. Full speed recovery. Then prison.

by Anonymousreply 537August 12, 2022 12:52 AM

This “just a renter” and “she can easily replace what she lost” cunt here is a real heartless cunt.

It is a terrible pain in the ass to replace your driver’s license and social security card and health insurance card and passport and your birth certificate when it’s ALL destroyed. You need to have one in order to replace the other. How do you prove your identity if you have none of these things?

Never mind all the other things she lost. Imagine aliens plucking you up out of your little cunt nest and you have to replace every single thing you own. Keepsakes and mementos, your yearbooks and favorite jeans and your grandfather’s watch and that painting your sister did of your mother and all the things that can’t be replaced by a trip to Pottery Barn.

I hope you never have to find out what it’s like to lose every earthly possession.

by Anonymousreply 538August 12, 2022 1:06 AM

If her lungs are destroyed why don't they let her die.

by Anonymousreply 539August 12, 2022 1:22 AM

She hasn't lost her doggos. She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 540August 12, 2022 1:27 AM

I read somewhere that the lady whose home was crashed into ran a business from it? Something about losing her "life's work" - so maybe an artist? I'm just guess - but I thought the wording was odd. Most of us don't lost out "life's work" if our houses burn down -- we just lose our ordinary living stuff that can easily be replaced - furniture, appliances, clothes, etc.

But she could easily have lost her life (and her pets' lives) - still, if it really was her creations over years... that would be much worse that the usual.

by Anonymousreply 541August 12, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]Why do the tragic crazy celebrity incidents always occur in August

The heat and humidity, plus lack of holidays or any real purpose.

by Anonymousreply 542August 12, 2022 1:29 AM

The lady renter was working on constructing a spaceship. Anne caught wind of it and... the rest is herstory.

by Anonymousreply 543August 12, 2022 1:31 AM

When I think of the agony Anne would go through during her recovery, I just wish they'd be compassionate and let her die. Spare her the months of torture followed by permanent disfigurement and disability.

If she does live, she'll be begging them repeatedly to stop the torment and just let her die.

No one should have to endure that.

by Anonymousreply 544August 12, 2022 1:35 AM

Maybe she can work on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 545August 12, 2022 1:37 AM

That is Lynne in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 546August 12, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote]r538 This “just a renter” and “she can easily replace what she lost” cunt here is a real heartless cunt.

She’s fine. She sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 547August 12, 2022 1:56 AM

R541 I read that she was a professional organizer, the kind that cleans out people’s homes and closets. She worked out of her home—all of her files and materials and databases were destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 548August 12, 2022 1:57 AM

R538 Agreed 100%. Yes, ordinary things can be replaced, but not sentimental or historical items. And it’s going to be hell for the homeowners. Insurance companies love to find reasons to shortchange you or not pay.

by Anonymousreply 549August 12, 2022 2:00 AM

Well, the renter still has her breast implants.

by Anonymousreply 550August 12, 2022 2:03 AM

Felony DUI. Something showed up on her tox screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 12, 2022 2:05 AM

The above tweet says she is being investigated as a felony DUI.

by Anonymousreply 552August 12, 2022 2:10 AM

Coke, huh? It’s a hell of a drug.

by Anonymousreply 553August 12, 2022 2:14 AM

It's because the "lowly renter" did suffer injuries. That ups the charges. The coke doesn't hurt either.

by Anonymousreply 554August 12, 2022 2:16 AM

The GoFundMe is stalling out a bit. I'm reposting the link. LA is fucking expensive. She's going to need more than this while waiting on the insurance companies who are famously slow as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555August 12, 2022 2:18 AM

Maybe she can move out of state. She works from home, after all.

by Anonymousreply 556August 12, 2022 2:23 AM

Let her have Anne's place...I don't think she's going home

by Anonymousreply 557August 12, 2022 2:27 AM

Does Homer live with Anne?

by Anonymousreply 558August 12, 2022 2:28 AM

R556, you cooze, she’s a house organizer, which involves her visiting clients and helping them throw shit out. Her client base is in LA.

by Anonymousreply 559August 12, 2022 2:31 AM

Coke and possibly fentanyl for Anne. And the Mercedes driver, she apparently was NOT on alcohol or drugs. She floored it through that intersection stone cold sober.

by Anonymousreply 560August 12, 2022 2:39 AM

She might as well have had a bomb strapped to her chest.

by Anonymousreply 561August 12, 2022 2:43 AM

R560 She could have been given fentanyl by the EMTs (or in the ER) prior to having blood drawn.

by Anonymousreply 562August 12, 2022 2:45 AM

Fuckin’ renter may as well’uv just hit the lottery.

[bold]#TeamAnne

by Anonymousreply 563August 12, 2022 2:59 AM

A lottery win with PTSD attached. Pass...

by Anonymousreply 564August 12, 2022 3:06 AM

So you really wish she had crashed into your house while you were home, R563?

by Anonymousreply 565August 12, 2022 3:17 AM

This is sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566August 12, 2022 3:26 AM

It’s probably a blessing that she won’t make it. What a painful hell her life would have been.

by Anonymousreply 567August 12, 2022 3:31 AM

Hmmm... It wouldn't surprise me if the rep is phrasing things so that a "miracle" narrative can occur.

by Anonymousreply 568August 12, 2022 3:32 AM

Well, fuck. This isn't unexpected but the death watch has been pretty hard to take. We are close to needing a part 2 on this thread. I guess this would be the headline? She's not dead until she's dead so too soon for a Dead to ME thread. I'm too depressed (Mary!) to do it, anyone feel like posting?

I had a TBI from a car accident. With all of the talk about the damage to her lungs, that this could be what will likely end up making the end of life/plug pull decision for her, never crossed my mind (no pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 569August 12, 2022 3:33 AM

"It has long been her choice to donate her organs and she's being kept on life support to determine if any are viable," the rep tells PEOPLE.

So this is why the wait I guess. I wonder what would be left in shape on her to harvest.

by Anonymousreply 570August 12, 2022 3:37 AM

Well, that being in People and straight from her rep, with them speaking of her in the past tense already, pretty much confirms it for me. Sad. I hope some of her organs can be used for donation.

by Anonymousreply 571August 12, 2022 3:41 AM

Damn. I feel so bad for her sons.

Was she an addict all along or did it escalate recently...was she still with that Ami woman?

by Anonymousreply 572August 12, 2022 3:43 AM

Welp, her estate will be cleaned out

by Anonymousreply 573August 12, 2022 3:47 AM

Well, someone theorized that Britney was able to work in Vegas because her meds worked but then stopped working, which led to the cancellation of the Vegas return. Anne Heche worked a lot, which suggest that she was able to manage pretty well for, what, almost twenty years? No doubt there were relapses but she and her intimate coped more than they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 574August 12, 2022 3:48 AM

Someone said that Anne was talking about dating on her most recent podcast, so it would seem that she was single.

by Anonymousreply 575August 12, 2022 3:48 AM

From article:

[quote] the actress has suffered a catastrophic brain injury after the car crash and that plans for an organ donation process are currently underway

A brain donation?

by Anonymousreply 576August 12, 2022 3:57 AM

This makes me sad.

Fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 577August 12, 2022 3:59 AM

Poor Anne. And her poor kids, though at least she got to have them.

This is out there, but could Anne have been somehow bizarrely triggered by news coverage of that other woman who went speeding and crashing in LA a few days before?

by Anonymousreply 578August 12, 2022 4:01 AM

Just waiting for the announcement at this point. She's been declared brain dead now, and they have decided to remove her from life support. I hope she doesn't feel any pain. Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579August 12, 2022 4:02 AM

Being in a coma, I'm sure she didn't suffer.

by Anonymousreply 580August 12, 2022 4:04 AM

I'm actually commenting, because it's so sad.

by Anonymousreply 581August 12, 2022 4:14 AM

The photo of her buying the wig, with the shop owner. She was smiling....and 20 minutes later, the crash. Things happen so fast.

by Anonymousreply 582August 12, 2022 4:16 AM

Terrible news 😢

by Anonymousreply 583August 12, 2022 4:19 AM

Could Lynne have been hired to organise Anne's life...?

by Anonymousreply 584August 12, 2022 4:22 AM

Anne is...gone. 😩

by Anonymousreply 585August 12, 2022 4:22 AM

But the devastation she left in her wake LIVES ON.

by Anonymousreply 586August 12, 2022 4:23 AM

I think she, and most stars, are frankly too self involved to be affected by everyday news stories.

That was a bad crash in the other case - but I’d think Heche was motivated by something closer to home if this were self planned.

by Anonymousreply 587August 12, 2022 4:27 AM

Her idiot podcast partner - who clearly enabled Anne’s obvious alcoholism and addiction - should be punished. Fuck her and all the other enablers who leeched off her celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 588August 12, 2022 4:35 AM

R578 was in response to

[quote] This is out there, but could Anne have been somehow bizarrely triggered by news coverage of that other woman who went speeding and crashing in LA a few days before?

by Anonymousreply 589August 12, 2022 4:36 AM

[Quote] Her idiot podcast partner - who clearly enabled Anne’s obvious alcoholism and addiction - should be punished. Fuck her and all the other enablers who leeched off her celebrity.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 590August 12, 2022 4:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591August 12, 2022 4:37 AM

Representatives for the family and friends of actress Anne Heche have said that she has officially been declared brain dead after her fiery car crash in Los Angeles and will be taken off life support.

The actress, 53, will stay on a ventilator to determine whether any of her remaining organs are viable to be donated, per Heche's wishes.

A rep for her loved ones said: 'We want to thank everyone for their kind wishes and prayers for Anne's recovery and thank the dedicated staff and wonderful nurses that cared for Anne at the Grossman Burn Center at West Hills hospital.'

'Unfortunately, due to her accident, Anne Heche suffered a severe anoxic brain injury and remains in a coma, in critical condition. She is not expected to survive.'

They added that it has 'long been her choice' to be an organ donor, so she will remain technically alive until the check is complete.

The statement continued: 'Anne had a huge heart and touched everyone she met with her generous spirit. More than her extraordinary talent, she saw spreading kindness and joy as her life's work - especially moving the needle for acceptance of who you love. She will be remembered for her courageous honesty and dearly missed for her light.'

by Anonymousreply 592August 12, 2022 4:38 AM

GODDAMN IT! I meant r587 was in response to

[quote]This is out there, but could Anne have been somehow bizarrely triggered by news coverage of that other woman who went speeding and crashing in LA a few days before?

by Anonymousreply 593August 12, 2022 4:40 AM

This is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 594August 12, 2022 4:43 AM

So, wait. Do I have to report to the set of the Men in Trees reboot tomorrow or not?

by Anonymousreply 595August 12, 2022 4:43 AM

RIP

I guess they can go after her estate for damages now.

by Anonymousreply 596August 12, 2022 4:45 AM

WHEN WILL THE TEARS STOP?

by Anonymousreply 597August 12, 2022 4:47 AM

Truly a tragedy for such a talented, beautiful woman. Life boils down to choices. You either get the help you need, especially for someone like Anne who had resources, or you choose to live in darkness. Anne chose the latter. I hope Anne finds the peace now that eluded her in life, but she could’ve easily killed a few people during her breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 598August 12, 2022 4:48 AM

May as well use this active thread for part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599August 12, 2022 4:50 AM

I think that's unfair. We don't know often Anne successfully found help. People relapse and they often make even more fucked up decisions when they do so. And someone suffering from mental illness is already impaired.

by Anonymousreply 600August 12, 2022 4:50 AM

*how often

by Anonymousreply 601August 12, 2022 4:51 AM

A sad end to a life with many highs and lows. She had her demons but she accomplished a lot in spite of them.

by Anonymousreply 602August 12, 2022 4:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!