Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shawn Mendes and Timothee Chalamet are not included on the Vipfaq website were they poll if celebritirs are gay

The vast majority of mainstream celebrities have a biography page on the Vipfaq website were the public votes in polls include on whether or not they think a particular celebrity is gay, bi or straight.

But Shawn Mendes and Timothee Chalamet for some reason have no pages included on the website.

My suspicion is their agents have managed to block pages going up on them perhaps out of fear they would poll highly on the gay option in the sexuality poll.

What do we reckon? Are agents that influential?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2022 1:06 PM

No, they are not. You're that delusional.

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2022 9:11 PM

r1 I asked a question, I didn't make any concrete claim. It does seem odd that many less people have pages on there but not these two. I find it puzzling but interesting

You think agents and pr companies for example don't have any sway or power? I would say that is naive and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2022 9:14 PM

I didn’t think Chalamet was as hot as the fangirls made him out to be or as great as the media made him out to be but he really did seem like a breath of fresh air at first. Funny, polite, well spoken, seemingly about the work, etc. It’s disappointing that he’s become of late the white Billy Porter: an egotistical attention seeking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2022 12:16 PM

r3 I don't care for Chalamet much, but how is an egotistical attention seeking asshole? He pretty much disappears until its promo time for his projects

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2022 2:08 PM

R4: Sorry I meant when he is in the spotlight promoting projects and such. Baring his sternum at the oscars this year for example. I'll bet he'll probably wear assless chaps at Venice next month. His fangirls are annoying as fuck too. He not only stood up and applauded Will Smith but then posed for a picture with him. He could literally rape and kill a prostitute and his fangirls would still be defending him.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2022 2:32 PM

R3 Only Billy Porter is funny, Chalamet isn't.

Agree. I liked him a lot before, but he started to be a bit annoying lately, particularly after that scene of sucking up the Slapper on Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2022 3:42 PM

And I don't know if he is a BBC lover (not TV) or is he trying to prove that he is the most uber woke BLM supporter.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2022 3:45 PM

R6: Agreed. Also, he kept the French Dispatch cast waiting while he stopped to sign autographs and soak in his own ego and he ignored the press aide and kept sticking his face in the cameras. Fame has really gone to his head. He thinks he's untouchable and will always stay at the top. I hope a scandal rocks him or he fucks up big time.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2022 3:50 PM

r6 But why do you think both he and Shawn have no vipfaq page when lesser known celebrities do??

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2022 3:58 PM

I don't believe there is something really scandalous about him though. He is thirsty, but that's probably ut. Maybe, if he turns out to not be straight, it could ruin his aspirations to be the HW leading man, not his whole career.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2022 3:59 PM

R10: If he is gay or bi, he'll never come out.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2022 4:00 PM

OP/R9, you could be right about his agent, he is a very influental man. And as I said I have noticed that they try to make him a big star and he must be straight to achieve such big goals. Because in homophobic HW there are as many gay A listers as in Putin government.

I remember these silly PR stunts of him making out with girls on yachts and beaches.

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2022 4:04 PM

How ironic is it that his agent is a happily married gay man with kids.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2022 4:07 PM

But it seems that it is not so easy to make him a household name in spite of the efforts. I thought he would become more popular after Dune, but it doesn't look so.

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2022 4:08 PM

Andrew Garfield did make the list. Only 15% of voters think he is heterosexual. However, the site also claims his net worth is $430493344 in 2022. I'm sure he's doing well financially, but nearly half a billion dollars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2022 4:10 PM

Like others have said, he's thirsty and ambitious. All he cares about his career and staying on top so he'll make out with any woman or man his people tell him to.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2022 4:12 PM

He is talented, but his PR is silly when they promote him as new di Caprio. He just haven't got that X factor that Leo has.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2022 4:15 PM

r17 I like Timmy far more than I ever liked Leo, even when Leo was Timmy's age or younger. I have never once seen a movie just because Leo is in it. That he has a career in acting is one of life's great mysteries. Leo...bleargh!

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2022 4:18 PM

Not to mention his creepy personal life, climate change hypocrisy, and the fact that he's a fat pumpkin head.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2022 4:25 PM

R10: I don't think there's anything scandalous either other than him supposedly being an asshole (according to the blinds anyway).

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2022 4:54 PM

r12 Thanks. There really does seem to be a purple mafia in Hollywood. r13 Goodness I had no idea his agent is gay. Who is it?

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2022 5:11 PM

r15 Did you vote in any of the celebrities are they gay straight or bi polls?

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2022 5:12 PM

r22 I voted "gay" for Andrew Garfield and Jake Gyllenhaal, "straight" for Topher Grace.

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2022 5:29 PM

R21: Brian Swardstrom with United Talent. The fact that an elite agent took the kid on when he essentially had no resume other than Homeland seems very fishy. I'm convinced that they fucked or fooled around at least once.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2022 6:05 PM

R24 Allegedly he has some family ties.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2022 6:09 PM

r24 And of course, Swardstrom is married to Peter Spears who produced Call Me By Your Name.

by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2022 6:10 PM

Swarstrom said that he had met young Chalamet when his husband was in pre production of Cmbyn and he instantly called him (the husband) saying: I have found Elio.

At least that is the official version.

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2022 6:21 PM

But, could it be that Timmy is not in this poll because he is not the household name and people forgot to put him there, unlike his older colleguaes? Same with Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2022 6:42 PM

r27 Or "I've just fucked Elio"

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2022 6:53 PM

R18 Leo in Catch Me If You Can is better than anything Timothee has done.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2022 7:54 PM

R17: Just like it's silly when DiCaprio's PR promotes him as being in the same league as DeNiro and Pacino. Please how insulting.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2022 3:00 AM

Which way round is that insult? Because if we're basing it on their recent stuff...

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2022 11:55 AM

But di Caprio is in de Niro and Pacino rang. He is only younger than them, but he has been in top 5 HW actors in last 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2022 12:00 PM

And considering the quality of the projects he works on, the fact that he is working constantly with the last great American filmmaker, after Day Lewis has retired, he is probably the actor with greatest career at the moment. Other big names play mainly in shitty movies and crowd pleasers.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2022 12:07 PM

r29 That's my suspicion too...

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2022 5:42 PM

R35: Swardstrom does have a thing for young male actors: Chalamet, Emilie Hirsch, Ben Foster, Jamie Bell, Jonathan Groff, etc. Yeah they fucked.

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2022 6:46 PM

And oh look, his new film drops a teaser and suddenly he's active on social media again

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2022 9:14 PM

Is that website even relevant? I had never heard of it before tbh.

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2022 11:47 PM

r36 Gosh quite the delicious banquet he has sampled.. !

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2022 12:35 AM

R37: I don't mind that he uses social media primarily to promote his projects. At least he's not whoring himself out all the time. Anyway he probably has a PR team manage his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2022 12:57 AM

His looks - if he ever had any - are slipping away. Even more ratty now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2022 11:33 AM

R41: I think he’s had some work done.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2022 12:51 PM

He should get a refund then

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2022 2:27 PM

r38 It eas actually thread Datalounge that I heard of it a few years ago!

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2022 1:05 PM

r44 Sorry^^^ Through Datalounge that I heard of vipfaq a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2022 1:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!