Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olivia! ABC-TV Special with Andy Gibb & ABBA.

Clips from the special and they all sing live and sound great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2022 12:27 AM

Andy Gibb, dead at 30 and gone 32 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2022 1:22 AM

Why did ABBA lipsync so much? I don't think Agnetha ever sang The Winner Takes It All live on TV.

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2022 1:47 AM

R2 Just guessing, but ABBA had such a slick precise sound that they probably didn't want to deviate at all from the recordings.

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2022 1:57 AM

I’d eat Andy’s hairy ass.

by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2022 2:09 AM

Andy Gibb was super fine, I was Crushing all over him back in the day, his music,, his hairy chest,, his hypnotic moving hips,, I must have been a 10 yo gayling, and when he died, it was such a shock to me, I cried silently into my pillow all night and sad for at least a week thereafter. Now everytime I see a picture or a story about him, he brings a smile to my face, a short life, but impactful in many ways. He's eternally youthful and cute and sexy in my mind, he reminds me of my early youth... :-)

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2022 2:20 AM

I hope Andy was uncut so his glans remained pink and tender even after he was so cruelly taken from us.

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2022 2:25 AM

I have never been mellow.

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2022 1:01 AM

r7, have you never tried to find a comfort that's inside you?

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2022 1:22 AM

At the end they sing snippets of "Thank You for the Music," but disappointingly they don't sing the "I've been so lucky, I am the girl with golden hair" lyrics! SUCH a bummer! Would they have let Olivia go solo on it (since it's HER special), or would they have left it with Agnetha?

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2022 1:30 AM

Have you ever taken someone to a suggestive movie?

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2022 4:16 AM

I wonder if Olivia liked Sandahl Bergman's rock hard titties.

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2022 4:16 AM

Olivia's bouncy hair seems Farrah inspired.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2022 5:32 AM

R2 Well, English isn't their first language, so their accent probably is more noticeable when they're singing live.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2022 5:58 AM

The full special features DL fave Gary Frank of Family in a bizarre dramatic bit.

See 26:50:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2022 6:02 AM

Olivia's TV specials were fun. This one had Karen Carpenter, Elton John, Tina Turner and Andy Gibb:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2022 6:07 AM

I didn't realize how tiny Andy was.

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2022 6:08 AM

I love Livy!

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2022 9:13 AM

Frida's dry permed hair is unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 18August 7, 2022 9:52 AM

R2, ABBA used to multiply Agnetha's and Frida's own voices on the recording as part of the wall of sound effect you get in their songs. (I think they used to play the replicated voices a fraction of a second later than the primary voices to make it sound even richer.)

Benny and the sound engineer were the movers and shakers behind ABBA's highly recognisable sound. But yeah, you couldn't replicate it on a TV special. When they toured they had back-up singers, but they didn't on the recordings.

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2022 10:49 AM

Google says Andy was 5.5 in height.

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2022 11:39 PM

Wednesday there's something special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2022 11:51 PM
by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2022 9:53 PM

I hope Olivia does more specials!

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2022 12:24 AM

She's doing blow with Nell Carter and Andy Gibb.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2022 12:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!