Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Days of our Lives leaving NBC - moving to peacock

Just 3 broadcast soaps now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2022 5:30 AM

No way it will last long. Peacock has been hemorrhaging cash and paid subscribers are stalled at 13 million (compared to 40 million for Paramount Plus, for example).

And now I would assume there would be no ad dollars to offset the cost.

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2022 9:30 PM

Don't watch but moves to paramount and peacock are starting to piss people off. With companies being so money grabbing is a big turn off.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2022 9:31 PM

[quote]And now I would assume there would be no ad dollars to offset the cost.

If it stays on the basic Peacock tier, where it is now, there would be ad sales. If it's moved to the subscription tier, no. I don't think there's been any clarification of that yet.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2022 9:35 PM

Sad, Last "Days."

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2022 9:36 PM

Soap Central: Days of our Lives will only be available on the premium, or paid, tier on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2022 9:40 PM

R5 Bad decision!

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2022 9:47 PM

Yes, I'd say Days is not long for this world if that is indeed the case.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2022 9:49 PM

OP, you sonofabitch. I posted this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2022 9:50 PM

R7 Yeah, not looking good. Paid subscription only!

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2022 10:21 PM

Essentially, going streaming where it would be easier to cancel! Soaps going to streaming is like hogs going to the slaughter house.

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2022 10:22 PM

R8, you are worse than Putin.

How do we know OP didn't post first. Instead of attaching viciously, you should be apologizing.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2022 10:51 PM

[quote]How do we know OP didn't post first.

We look at the time stamp.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2022 11:33 PM

R11 WTF. I don’t have to lie about stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2022 11:40 PM

So essentially, cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2022 12:00 AM

R13, so you say....

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2022 12:09 AM

R13, hun, I am kidding.....are you new here??

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote]No way it will last long. Peacock has been hemorrhaging cash and paid subscribers are stalled at 13 million (compared to 40 million for Paramount Plus, for example).

Apples and oranges. Paramount Plus doesn't have an unpaid option; Peacock does.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2022 12:43 AM

Pee cock

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2022 12:48 AM

But peacock is hemorrhaging cash, so it’s not working.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2022 1:57 AM

R8, you’re Eileen Davidson and I’m Stacy Haiduk.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2022 2:00 AM

If Days viewers can just give up ONE box of Little Debbie's every month, they can now afford Peacock!

Apparently, the desperate streaming service is now offering a "September Special" reducing the subscription fee for its premium tier from $4.99 to $1.99 per month. New subscribers will get that deal for a full year.

Of course, since many won't pay that same amount for Datalounge, even this may not bode well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 29, 2022 9:00 PM

Is Paramount Plus any good in the US, then? I'm in the UK and am currently on a free one month trial - pretty unimpressed with the selection on there to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 22August 29, 2022 9:05 PM

r22

evil and 1883 are really good

by Anonymousreply 23August 29, 2022 9:09 PM

NBC seems to be throwing up their hands at traditional linear broadcast television with little more than Today/News, a few "talkers," and Law & Order. And now wanting to give a primetime hour back to the affiliates. I'd say Days moving over to Peacock is the least of their problems.

by Anonymousreply 24August 29, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote]Is Paramount Plus any good in the US, then?

If you like Star Trek, it is. The only things I like on it are The Good Fight and Evil -- but I like those a lot, so I subscribe for a couple months when there's a deal.

by Anonymousreply 25August 29, 2022 9:25 PM

[quote] I'd say Days moving over to Peacock is the least of their problems.

Yeah, especially since NBC-Peacock already has six months of the show in the can, ready to stream, and won't have to make any financial decisions about whether or not to re-license Days from Sony until about February 2023. And even if they decide to axe it then or greatly alter its production model, they'll still have the episodes produced from now until February to stream through August 2023.

by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2022 9:36 PM

Dee Dee’s best acting in years…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 29, 2022 11:55 PM

Dee is transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 28August 29, 2022 11:58 PM

[quote]Dee is transitioning?

Well, she is going the Stephanie Forrester route and only wears pants suits these days. She's been doing that for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 29August 30, 2022 12:38 AM

Dee was wearing suits even when she was a teenager, and as one can see, was also a fan of sensible footwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 30, 2022 12:52 AM

KooKoo wakes up at 6am to watch Days on the peacock!!

Vee, who is in the biz, is bullying Dumb Dylan, who has the scoop, again at SON! Why won’t Vee who is in the biz work on getting spamming KooKoo banned? KooKoo is posting lists of her Youtube searches for F’Anne content!

Did one of the fat soap twitter queens sit on the THE ANOTHER WORLD bench in Central Park and break it?!? KooKoo needs answers!!!

by Anonymousreply 31October 2, 2022 10:49 PM

Dee has been married 4 times. I highly doubt she went to all of that effort to conceal any lady lovin’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 2, 2022 10:58 PM

That crazy KooKoo at SON is driving posters away with her crazy posts. She’s one weird person. She’s a friggen kook. Vee, who’s in the biz, wants her banned. Even dumb Dylan is smarter than KooKoo.

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2022 5:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!