Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wendy Williams Claims to Be Married Again But Publicist Denies It

Wendy Williams’ excitement got the best of her.

The former daytime talk show host claimed to Hollywood Unlocked founder Jason Lee that she secretly married a New York Police Department officer named Henry, but her rep says she spoke too soon.

“That’s inaccurate,” William Selby tells Page Six exclusively. “She is excited about a new relationship and probably got carried away in conversation.”

As for whether Williams’ mystery man is, in fact, a cop, Selby adds, “Wendy doesn’t wish to disclose details at the moment.”

On Tuesday night, Lee recalled his phone call with Williams, 58, who told him she was flying to Los Angeles later this week but also had some other bombshell news.

“She says, ‘I’m married.’ I’m like, ‘What?’ She’s like, ‘I got married,'” the podcast host recalled of their back-and-forth.

“I’m like, ‘You got married when?’ And she’s like, ‘I got married last week.'”

Williams appears to have a penchant for police officers, as a 2019 report claimed she was dating a former cop and criminal justice expert named Dr. Darrin Porcher; however, he later denied the relationship.

“It’s flattering to hear, but it’s not the case,” he told us. “I’m in a relationship. I just worked security for her for a couple of weeks after she filed for divorce [from Kevin Hunter].”

While understandably in disbelief, Lee also shared that Williams told him she had instructed her publicist to keep her “entire family away from [her] except for [her] son for at least a year” and that her American Express credit card no longer works because her finances remain under Wells Fargo’s control.

The bank took hold of Williams’ money after her former financial manager Lori Schiller recommended a court-appointed guardian because she was of “unsound mind.”

“Please be advised that Wendy is not in agreement with the appointment of a financial guardian by the court,” Williams’ former attorney shared with Page Six in May. “Wendy has been very clear that she does not want a financial guardian to tell her what she can and cannot do with her money.”

Williams’ case against Wells Fargo remains ongoing, but a spokesperson for the bank previously denied “any allegations of improper actions with respect to Ms. Williams’ accounts.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 8:34 AM

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 11:09 PM

“Wendy doesn’t wish to disclose details at the moment.”

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 7:40 AM

"Williams appears to have a penchant for police officers."

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 7:41 AM

Good way to give that guy sign to propose to her.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 7:50 AM

R3 Why not, it is mostly black men that have trouble with police not women.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 7:53 AM

She’s as nuts as ever!

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 8:08 AM

Good way to stall while filing for an annulment.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 2:06 PM

Dumb stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 8:04 AM

Will the monkey man on the unicorn come play with us in the candy garden today?

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 8:10 AM

Sadly, she got everything she deserves.

I have a retaliating, stubborn and willful mentally deficient mother I dealt with for over 20 years until I got power of attorney and was able to rein her in her behavior. I feel bad for her children because nowadays there’s a thriving economy of scam artists that prey on the wealthy infirm. My mom received hundreds of calls a week and pounds of scam mail that looked identical to official, urgent, and “must respond” correspondence. Once scammers ferret out that their mark has dementia, they tighten and hone the focus, I had to change her phone number repeatedly to short circuit their scam.

I repeatedly tried to restrict her banking and set up a “child” account because of her dementia, lock down her card’s charging capability, and repeatedly they’d simply order her a new card when she went to the branch and complained. Banks wire cards right into Visa/Mastercard for ease of use but a scammer can ask for the number over the phone. I had an old school “Christmas” passport account for a decade so no one could get her money. The bank manager said as long as she was the primary account holder, she must legally have unrestricted access to her money. There’s NO other way around it other than getting a power of attorney to lock down her access- something I’m sure Wendy would refuse.

There is a whole lot of mess behind the scenes they’re trying to keep out of the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 8:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!