Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why was Shania’s album, “Come On Over”, so popular?

It was huge in the late 90s. My first international trip was in ‘98 and I was really surprised to hear so many of her songs all over Europe. And in the US, none of her videos even had really hot guys. Yet this album stuck around for what seemed like ages.

Pretty sure they slipped you a copy with your diploma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 24, 2022 12:38 AM

Shania, like Celine Dion, was one of the last Gen X Adult Contemporary successes.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2022 10:45 PM

Because she was the original "cross-over" pop/country artist. She was the Taylor Swift of her time. Wrote most of her own material and had a decent voice. She was also super sexy to straight men.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2022 10:48 PM

“The album's best sales week was its 110th week, during which it sold 355,000 units to settle at number ten (Christmas 1999).”

That’s crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2022 10:55 PM

I have never understood why or how she did so well. Her songs were so meh. Fine. But meh.

I get Celine, Alanis and other mid 90s supernovas. But not her.

But damn she was giant. Didn't she have like three diamond albums? I don't even think Madonna or Whitney did that.

She did seem super nice, btw. And she was hot. Eh, maybe I do it get it!

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2022 11:27 PM

I always think of this one with cute Billy Currington. She was sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2022 11:43 PM

I can’t tell from the lighting, but her teeth look like fluorescent white caps, or veneers.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2022 12:23 AM

Her then husband was the mastermind behind her pop hits. He turned out to be an asshole but he was a top notch producer.

He was fucking Shanias' best friend. There was an ugly divorce, she had health issues (both mental and physical) and then retreated to Switzerland.

Her videos were well done and she was sexy. Always seemed nice unlike her biggest rival, the cunt Faith Hill.

Ironically, she ended up married to her cheating best friends' husband.

You can't make this stuff up & good for her.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2022 12:26 AM

She immediately owned up to what she clearly regretted saying about Trump at the time, and made very public statements about it. Read her words carefully, and consider the timing. I forgive her.

In the late 1990's, driving up to see my parents at Thanksgiving where they decided to retire cheaply in right-wing far Northern California, the normal radio stations faded, so you only had Jesus Radio or Country. And then this chic sings the campiest, catchiest tune, "Man, I Feel Like A Woman". It felt subversive. Every gay muscle in my partner and my bodies dancing up I-5. And then there was the snarky, bitchy "That Don't Impress Me Much". This Canadian woman was a Goddess, like kd lange.

One year later, was in the Sydney gay bar where Pricilla was filmed. The (something) Hotel. Every half hour a table folded over the bar to become a stage. A half dozen men dressed like Shania Twain did an impeccable rendition of "Man, I Feel Like A Woman". By that time, I owned the CD.

The album is so much fun. Am glad she retracted her statement about Trump and her comment about inclusiveness. I think she's on our side.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2022 12:27 AM

R8: “ the cunt Faith Hill”

Daniel Hill has entered the thread

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2022 12:30 AM

Because it had like 10 hit singles, OP? Why is this so hard for you to figure out?

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2022 12:37 AM

It had 2 albums worth of catchy hits for 2 radio formats - pop and country. They released the famous pop singles like “You’re Still the One”, “Man! I Feel Like A Woman” and “That Don’t Impress Me Much” to the Top 40 but the album had another world of country radio had hits like “Love Gets Me Every Time”, “Don’t Be Stupid” and “Honey I’m Home” that weren’t played Top 40.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2022 12:38 AM

R9, you made me pull up the song and I had never seen the video, a takeoff of Robert Palmer’s Addicted to Love. Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2022 1:38 AM

r13, totally homoerotic. Sculpted, vapid man toys wearing sexy eye makeup. And subversive at the time this came out.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2022 1:47 AM

If I remember, that album came out in three versions: one mixed for the country crowd, one mixed for pop radio and one mixed for Eurobeat.

It was seen as a cynical move by a hollow artist but proved pretty smart.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2022 2:37 AM

R15, yup. The international version was more poppy rather than Country. There's no way she was going to sell 40 million albums or whatever around the world with by-the-numbers country music

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2022 2:40 AM

Weak voice. Over produced. Used sexy image to sell her music.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2022 3:33 AM

R9 Never forgive a Trumpster. She meant it.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2022 8:30 PM

Op is limited

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2022 8:39 PM

R9, the movie starts off at the Imperial Hotel in Erskineville. The Palace Hotel is hours and hours inland to Broken Hill. You were at one of them, probably the former. :)

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2022 8:40 PM

She's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2022 8:41 PM

Canadian women rocked the 90s - Celine, Alanis, Shania and The Corrs (LOL)

From a UK perspective, Come On Over didn't become A MUSICAL EVENT until the summer of 1999.

You're Still The One and From This Moment On were top 10 hits in 1998 and had great videos, and When was released in between with little impact. You're Still The One was around the same time as Leann Rimes' How Do I Live which was the 6th best selling song of the year despite only making #7 but spending 5 months in the top 20.

What changed was the pop remix of That Don't Impress Me Much released in May 99. It spent 10 weeks in the top 10 and became one of the best selling singles of the year despite not making #1. Man I Feel Like A Woman was released at the end of the year and was a big hit, long after the US release, and then Don't Be Stupid was released in 2000 with (I think) a pop remix. You've Got A Way was also featured on the Notting Hill soundtrack.

Come On Over was re-released with the remixed version of That Don't Impress Me Much and remained in the top 10 between June 99 and May 10, spending 11 weeks at #1 and 11 weeks at #2.

From memory this around the time supermarkets started selling CDs and a single CD was generally under £10 and music became more accessible to buy.

And it was a great time for country pop with poppers remixes - in addition to Faith and Leann Rimes there was also Lee Ann Womack with I Hope You Dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2022 9:22 PM

I never understood why she was so popular back in the day. I thought her music was trite, basic crap. She was HUGE for a few years, though.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2022 9:30 PM

LOL I just made a genius playlist on my old iPod for Shania.

LeAnn Rimes, Faith Hill, Trisha Yearwood, Carrie Underwood, Dolly Parton, Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood, Wynonna Judd, Shelby Lynn.

They didn't include The Corrs, Savage Garden, Sarah McLachlan or Celine, or Jennifer Paige's Crush (Crush) or Paula Cole or Sheryl Crow.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2022 9:50 PM

A favorite of mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2022 10:52 PM

Never have really gotten the criticism of her voice. It’s pretty solid, as pop singers go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote] Because she was the original "cross-over" pop/country artist. She was the Taylor Swift of her time. Wrote most of her own material and had a decent voice. She was also super sexy to straight men.

I have no proof but I have always doubted that she was very involved with songwriting. Just compare her work with and without Mutt Lange.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2022 11:09 PM

All my straight male friends thought Shania was the hottest woman in music. And after watching some of her 90s music videos, I have to agree.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2022 11:26 PM

“ Canadian women rocked the 90s - Celine, Alanis, Shania”

Sarah McLachlan was one of the creators of Lilith Fair. In the grand scheme of things, she was among the most influential of Canadian female artists and of female artists and of artists in the 90s.

Also, she sold shitloads of records in America.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2022 11:45 PM

She was smart to quit while she was ahead ....... anyone listen to the 1917 comeback?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2022 12:48 AM

I really liked her following album Up and the various country, pop and worldbeat mixes they released.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote] anyone listen to the 1917 comeback?

I liked "Skip To My Lou" and "There's A Hole In the Bucket."

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2022 1:07 AM

The Woman in Me, Come On Over and Up! are great pop-country albums. It was the right timing, she had a decent voice, a great look and the hooks from Mutt. She was probably one of the last big pop stars to enjoy sales from strictly physical media. It really is impressive how many records she sold.

Come On Over's era went on for almost three years.

Apparently a deluxe edition remaster is coming later this year. There are so many mixes for the song, one would need at least five discs to cover them all.

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2022 1:24 AM

Of all the great successes of pop stars and record sales - The myth of Shania Twain is most like packaged cheese. Shania is also extremely dumb. Britney has 40 IQ points on her.

Mutt Lange took Eileen and made her a superstar. Shania was kind of like a young Ann Margret - very sexy but wholesome about it. Shania is NOT sexy. She doesn't even understand sex. And she always had to wear boots or long dresses to cover up her peasant legs. Shania's marketing and packaging is one of the more cynical exercises in pop stardom. Combined with her stupidity and conservative values = no thanks.

Country music didn't reject her because she wasn't country enough - but because she wasn't real and couldn't sing. Back when you were supposed to still be able to come on a fucking award show and sing your dumb song - not just pile on layers of makeup and leopard print. Plus Shania made up more lies about her heroic young life in Northern Ontario than any country song. She's a fake. And her talent should have taken her no further south than Parry Sound. Sketchy.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2022 1:28 AM

Fake Twangs are gross. Anne Murray or Terry Clarke don't affect a southern twang. Eileen is from Northern Ontario. She talks like a stunned moose.

Now, Dolly is kind and Shania recorded this song as a duet with her - Dolly never let someone's lack of talent get in the way of her making a buck. Remember when Madonna "learned" to play guitar? Well Shania learned 4 chords and a dead mic. Dolly had a 'crush' on Shania.

Put a steel guitar on stage and get Alison Krauss on harmony - and anyone can sing Coat of Many Colors. Shania's voice remains colorless. Lacking in dimension, range and dynamics. Is she awake on that stool?

Shania Twain is not so much a fraud as just barely talented enough to take a stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2022 1:43 AM

"Because she was the original "cross-over" pop/country artist. "

Was she now?

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2022 2:04 AM

Correct, R36.

The real Come On Over is by Olivia Newton John.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2022 2:10 AM

I have a theory that when the top 40 pendulum swings toward more R&B/hip-hop sounds a lot of MOR listeners turn toward country music. I saw it happen in the 70s too.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2022 2:13 AM

Terrible voice and unpleasant, ugly and grating melodies. Never understood this woman's popularity.

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2022 2:50 AM

R39 cause not everyone shares the same opinion you have. Considering she has the best selling record for a woman I'd say she has many fans that think she has good music. I personally think she has a great voice, especially in her peak in the 90s. Many catchy songs and while her ballads can be a bit treacly the melodies are pretty.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2022 2:59 AM

If you think that Shania Twain has a great voice - then you know nothing about singing. Or voices. Or music. Or singers. It's just your stupid fanatical impression, r40.

She never "sang" live in the 90s? She never sang live. You liked the production on her records, at her popular peak in the 90s. And when she did try to put on shows later - she failed and embarrassed herself with all the protools and autotune she used. And the bad lip syncs. Bitch can't even move her ass. Autotune can't give your voice range honey. Shania has barely ONE octave. Happy Birthday is a stretch for her.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2022 3:10 AM

I like her voice, too. I remember when she was on Divas Live with Celine Dion, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey and Gloria Estefan, there was a version of You've Got a Friend that featured Dion, Estefan and Twain with Carole King. I thought Twain sounded great. I love the tone of her voice.

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2022 3:14 AM

Sounds prettu good here. But again what one thinks is good is just an opinion right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2022 3:18 AM

There a 400 other country female singers with as good a tone to their voice - who can also SING.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2022 3:18 AM

R44 maybe but there is a lot more to selling as many albums as Twain and many other performers do than just singing well. Some quite superficial and not.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2022 3:26 AM

The comment about fake twangs made me think about how sometimes I speak with a twang and I'm never sure if it's because that's how I naturally speak and usually I hide it or if my other way is natural and for some reason I'm affecting it to seem as folks see as my mom was.

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2022 3:27 AM

None of Eileen's family had twangs. She's from far north Ontario. She's not imitating anyone from her land or people.

Neither is she of native blood. Her mother's second husband was a full-blooded Ojibwe. Eileen took the native name of Shania and has been lying ever since.

Still the bitch had it hard. No money - singing in northern Ontario mining bars as a kid, both of her parents dying in a car crash. She performed at the Deerhurst Inn to look after herself and brothers.

That she became a star is totally do to Mutt Lange. She has no talent, is dumber than a hairpiece and was totally protected. In a fucking castle. Some good campy videos for sure. She's Canadian so she has some sense of humor. But her accomplishments and success are wildly disproportionate to her miniscule vocal talent and bland good looks. She's canned cheese. Charisma and taste free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2022 3:46 AM

[quote] Country music didn't reject her because she wasn't country enough - but because she wasn't real and couldn't sing.

Huh? She was a staple on country radio for years!

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2022 2:16 PM

I love Still The One and Don't Be Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2022 2:22 PM

She looks quite different now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2022 2:34 PM

Her ex-husband had a lot to do with her success. She should enjoy her laurels and live happily in her mansions.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2022 3:28 PM

She's definitely more on the pop side. Her music is harmless. Why are people here pretending Nashville cared about talent after the 1980s? Country was already crossing over and becoming more and more pop by the time of Shania.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2022 3:33 PM

Because she had to crawl through broken glass?

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2022 3:47 PM

The over production of her songs make Britney Spears’ catalog seem acoustic & unplugged. The goofiness of some of her lyrics make Weird Al’s songs seem intellectual. Her lack of sexual energy makes Meryl Streep seem like a whore. That said her voice was pleasant, she’s pretty, her ex-husband was good at churning out palatable dreck and marketing her asexuality as a bombshell.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2022 6:35 PM

The first time I heard some of her songs I thought they were parodies.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2022 6:36 PM

Shania does have this childishness to her that many CSA victims have. Her sexiness is performative and not organic. She sexualizes herself because that's all she knows. I think Kim Kardashian and Beyonce have that sort of sterile sexpot look too.

R55 So true. Like they were written for teenage girls and gays and not GOP-loving conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2022 6:39 PM

She’s country. Next!

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2022 6:40 PM

Country music is not popular outside of North America. It's a distinctively American style of music that's hard to translate globally. Unlike pop, jazz, R&B and other genres which are big globally.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2022 6:43 PM

This song just seemed written for a gay audience. The leopard print, the hot guys in the desert and her acting like a size queen. She also kinda does that talk-singing that Janet and Madonna do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2022 6:49 PM

She recorded a dance-pop version of That Don't Impress Me Much and that's why it charted in Europe. It was brilliant marketing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2022 6:53 PM

Still the one annoyed the hell out of me. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2022 6:55 PM

My sister played this over and over when we were teenagers. I guess she liked it because the songs were catchy but it just grated on me.

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2022 6:58 PM

Shania is definitely a pop star because Post Malone, Harry Styles and Halsey name her as an influence. She was played on MTV which proved she was pop enough to crossover. Young teens wouldn't be listening to actual country unless they were rural teens themselves. But country music in general shifted to a pop sound and now it's incorporating autotune, hip-hop and trap.

by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2022 7:03 PM

I love that Shania rocked cuntry music in 1995 with her videos on CMT. That is what helped rocket her to the top. Country radio was still skittish about her, but once Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under video hit, radio jumped on the bandwagon. She didn't do it the way Reba, Trisha, Faith or Wynonna did it (they were not songwriters) and she was resented, but she was outselling them all by a ton. Along the way, she and Mutt had help from Bo Derek, Sean Penn and other Hollywood folks who knew how to create an image. For the most part, she kept her mouth shut and avoided controversy. There was some question about her Indian heritage - it was only on her non bio stepfather that she 'embraced' it - but she skirted around that without too much trouble. Come On Over never hit no. 1 in Billboard, but it's still the no. 1 seller of all time by any female.

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2022 7:06 PM

R34 Shania not sexy? Get real. She is and was very sexy. She also can sing. Don't know what planet you were on, in the 90s.

I saw her leopard outfit from the Don't Impress Me Much (they had it at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas, not sure if it's still there) and she was TINY. I couldn't believe how small it was.

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2022 7:06 PM

I can't believe a load of bitter homosexuals are discussing a female singer and are claiming

1. she can't actually sing

2. she didn't write her own songs

3. she fucked her way to success

4. she wasn't actually popular

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2022 7:09 PM

No matter how much she starved herself or how small her midriff, Shania was never as tiny as her talent.

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2022 7:10 PM

R66 Have you seen the Madonna, Beyonce, Janet and Britney threads? Shania isn't the only one. I think she can sing and she was obviously popular by the record sales and hit songs, so 1 and 4 aren't up to question. As for writing her songs (she probably had help like 90% of the industry and her ex-hubby's influence is undeniable on her success). And a lot of people in the industry fuck their way up, plenty of pretty boys in Nashville sucked dick too (I can't hold anyone's hustle against them).

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2022 7:13 PM

I still want to know about that part where she crawled over broken glass.

by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2022 7:19 PM

[quote][R66] Have you seen the Madonna, Beyonce, Janet and Britney threads? Shania isn't the only one.

Yes. When I said "I can't believe" I wasn't being entirely serious.

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2022 7:29 PM

Madonna, Britney, Janet and Beyonce are ALL more talented than Shania Twain.

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2022 7:36 PM

Shania is inconsistent in regards to gays I feel. Didn't she say she would have voted for Trump? Country music and rap music are the two main genres where homophobia is still allowed. Filled with closet cases. Also many of them men are unattractive. And the audience for country is mainly red state conservatives, The Chicks (FKA Dixie Chicks) got so much backlash for speaking their mind on GWB. CMAs got pissed at Beyonce for recording a country song and refused to acknowledge Lil Nas X's Old Town Road (though I agree it's really country in the traditional sense, country in general is pop/trap nowadays, so that criticism was invalid). Dolly Parton and Billy Ray Cyrus (I don't think he's talented but that's besides the point) are the two I can think that are vocal gay allies.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2022 7:41 PM

Because people in the 1990s liked good, catchy songs, unlike schizoid ranting we have nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2022 7:43 PM

Martina McBride and Garth Brooks have spoken out in support of gay people before, too.

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2022 8:42 PM

Reba, Garth and Trish, Carrie Underwood, Faith and Tim, Dolly. Kacey Musgraves of course. Tanya Tucker has recorded with RuPaul and guest judged on Drag Race. As have Shania, Wynonna, Pam Tillis and ONJ. All of them support gay people. Reba has been to a few gay weddings of her friends. She's spoken of it.

Anyway, it's a tired debate. All lot of celebrities in all forms of entertainment are pretend allies anyway. But in country music - you're risking sales, radio play and ticket sales if you openly support gay causes. So Kudos to the ones who do their best.

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2022 8:58 PM

She used to look great, so same old story, beautiful blonds get attention beyond their actual talent level.

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2022 9:05 PM

This is the APEX of Shania Twain. So much AUTOTUNE, but man she looks beautiful. And it's probably her best song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2022 9:08 PM

She's more talented than Janet or Britney. I saw Janet live, and she literally has a track of her singing, then pipes in the random whisper coo. She blows lots of kisses, too. Britney is hilariously campy, and essentially just a pole dancer. We've heard the auto tune on her, geez.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2022 9:20 PM

Shania’s not a Leann Rimes-esque belter but I love the tone of her voice. And her pitch is generally pretty good from what I’ve seen of her live. She had vocal issues right?

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2022 9:22 PM

R79 she contracted Lyme's disease in the early 2000s which severely affected her voice. Even her speaking voice sounds so different now.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2022 9:44 PM

Autotune IS pitch correction R79. That's what it's for. Shania can't sing without it.

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2022 9:45 PM

R77 I remember growing up hearing that song at almost every wedding I went to.

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2022 9:45 PM

Most modern country I hear is absolute garbage and all about sex appeal and image of being this redneck in a pickup who pulls their bootstraps. It has the same autotune and overproduction as pop and rap. It's just as manufactured as any genre. When I heard old country and western music from the 1950s to 1980s, it sounded like a whole different world and way more authentic. I like alternative country, folk and bluegrass but that's an outlier and niche subculture. Modern country is just pop music with a drawl and cowboy hat.

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2022 9:52 PM

The sad truth, is that she's dreadful. Shania can't move or sing. Or dance. She's a distracted performer with ZERO presence. She was never sexy - just drawn that way. Now she looks like Raquel Welch's older sister and a low rent pole dancer. She's not country or POP. Or Ann Margret. Hard as she tries. And don't blame it on her age of marital issues or illnesses.

Paula Abdul KILLED it in Vegas. Why? Because she a great dancer and performer in fantastic shape. Fun songs and she works her ASS off. Miss Ross and 78 year old Gladys Knight still get the vocal job DONE! Why? Because they are real singers.

Shania doesn't need the money. PLEASE stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2022 9:55 PM

I totally forgot about her having different mixes of her music for different audiences all with the same album. That was VERY skeezy. So OF COURSE she sold a lot. If she’d left the songs in one format she’d cut her sales in half. Garth was a master of skeezy sales with having double/triple CDs selling at regular prices so it would be certified at double/triple. Shania was popular but her sales with those skeezy practices have to be considered when assessing her. She was never Madonna level popular and Madonna took chances with her music after True Blue. Alanis had a genuinely HUGE moment. I really thought Alanis would challenge Madonna for superiority she was that popular. Shania never seemed to be near Alanis level popular.

Shania really can’t sing well. She truly has no range. It is easy to stay on pitch with no range. You’re Still The One was dreck. Her voice was so flat for a ballad. Reba is no powerhouse vocalist either but she blows Shania away.

That said, she was fun and pleasant. That is much needed in pop.

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2022 10:21 PM

"It is easy to stay on pitch with no range."

Then explain Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2022 10:27 PM

R86 Dude, Madonna blows Shania’s vocals away. Madonna has over 3 octaves. Some of you are so focused on hate you can’t accept reality. Madonna can sing. Shania could never have done Evita like Madonna. Not even close. Has Shania given anything close to what Madonna did live at the Oscars in 1991? Hell no. Shania is not near Madonna’s talent in singing, songwriting, producing, performing.

Shania can definitely outsing Janet and Britney.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2022 10:31 PM

Madonna can't sing for shit. Just because she can sing slightly better than Janet and Britney doesn't mean she's a good singer. We know Madonna doesn't write her big hits at least without help.

Of course Vadge stan will hijack this thread just like she did the Michael Jackson thread

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2022 10:33 PM

This is the Honest Vocal Coach reacting to Madonna’s unfiltered vocals. Some industry guy got Madonna’s studio vocals from Lucky Star to Rebel Heart. Don’t take my word, listen to someone who knows singing talk honestly about what Madonna is capable of. She notes how Madonna has a good vibrato and developed it early. She really makes interesting comments about Madonna’s true singing ability. She credits Madonna with starting a singing style for women that caught on starting in the 90s.

Many vocal coachs on YouTube have commented about how good Madonna can sing when she’s on. Her #1 issue is breath support and tongue/throat tension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote] The over production of her songs make Britney Spears’ catalog seem acoustic & unplugged. The goofiness of some of her lyrics make Weird Al’s songs seem intellectual. Her lack of sexual energy makes Meryl Streep seem like a whore.

So many things wrong here. Her songs are not overproduced to the degree that Spears's are, not even close. Unless you are referring to the pop/remix versions of her songs. Lack of sexual energy? Bullshit. STraight men in the late 90s went nuts over her. IT wasn't because she "lacked sexual energy".

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2022 10:47 PM

Shania isn't amazing but she definitely sounds like a real singer. I don't understand why people in this thread acting like that era of country music Shania is in was full powerhouse voices and authentic artists. It was all manufactured back then too. But Shania does have a voice even if it isn't soulful. Now, Taylor Swift is someone who can't sing but she came from the time when country became indistinguishable from pop.

I don't think Madonna, Janet and Britney are known for being able to sing well. They're performers. They're certainly better than Jennifer Lopez who is so bad she has ghost singers. I would rank Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry as better singers.

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2022 10:48 PM

[quote] I totally forgot about her having different mixes of her music for different audiences all with the same album. That was VERY skeezy.

How is that skeezy? That's just savvy.

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2022 10:49 PM

Shania has a serviceable voice and nothing more. When she was young she used to push it much more, but there was a lot of tension in her notes above B4 and I guess that she decided to stick to her tessitura instead of taking vocal lessons, which would have allowed her to expand her range and access her upper register. The video below shows that up to her late 20s she could sing Barracuda with a lowered key, but still managed to hit E5, a somewhat strained G5 and a G#5 later on. She isn't a spectacular singer, but she could be reasonably good with training.

However, her success was mostly based on her demure Barbie doll image and her catchy, but ultimately silly and inoffensive songs. Her image was aspirational rather than unattainable and her radio-friendly songs could be sung by most people on karaoke night at the local bar, so she became a massive success. However, her uneven technique and gruelling touring schedule ravaged her vocal chords and she had to retire to count her millions in Switzerland.

Contrarily to what some people are saying in here, she isn't a terrible singer. She is just technically unsound and too lazy to do anything more than smile and look pretty while performing non-threatening pap. She also seems to have a very bland, but cordial enough personality and this, added to her personal struggles (both the real and fabricated ones), has made her relatable to most people.

That is the key of her success.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2022 10:52 PM

Her songs have aged like monkey shit.

by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2022 10:53 PM

"Shania could never have done Evita like Madonna."

You're right, it would have sounded a bit less undersung with Shania.

Look, I'm not a Madonna hater. I actually thought she sounded angelic in her Evita, despite a certain lack of power. She has some sweet spots in her voice that some people, no matter how many vocal lessons they take, will never have (Sandra Bernhard). But Madonna is not a consistent live singer. It's just the truth.

by Anonymousreply 95August 5, 2022 11:11 PM

I wish all of Madonna's vocal performances were on this level

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 5, 2022 11:15 PM

I couldn't believe how insanely popular she got because her songs were basic dreck.

However, I will give her a lot of credit for not turning into an overexposed media whore who was in our faces 24/7 after her initial surge of fame. Unlike so many other celebs who can't stand having the spotlight off of them for two seconds, Shania Twain moved to Switzerland lived a quiet life, enjoying her money. She didn't want to play the celebrity media whore game like so many of them. I admire that about her.

by Anonymousreply 97August 5, 2022 11:17 PM

R95 No one said Madonna was a consistent live singer. For one, her songs are so different and require different styles it must be difficult to sing them and dance. As the vocal coach said she has breath control issues. And she sings in a way (sometimes), and I forget what they call it, where it dries out her throat which was most evident on Blond Ambition where she had massive throat issues. And Madonna has power in her voice (the Oscars perf and Lament from Reinvention Tour show this most starkly). When she’s on, she’s really good. When she’s off, yikes.

by Anonymousreply 98August 5, 2022 11:21 PM

r85 Shania was 10 times more popular than Alanis ever was, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 99August 5, 2022 11:21 PM

R99 Shania did not have quite the apex Alanis had. Shania’s, as was pointed out, was steady because the hits kept coming and the different versions were catching on at different times. Shania also never reached Taylor or Beyoncé level hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 100August 5, 2022 11:23 PM

Madonna has the lovely golden centre to her vocal tone. Her mid and low ranges are unsteady but round and warm - it really is her sweet spot. And her head voice is very pretty too - if also very thin. She's not much good and traversing between registers. Even Ronstadt and Karen Carpenter share that problem, though they are much better singers than Madonna. We hear their influence on her though.

She's singing Don't Cry For Me Argentina in a lower key than she recorded the Evita soundtrack in, R96. It's in her sweet spot. I love that performance too. Her tone is beautiful but her singing is always a bit choppy.

Madonna does have really poor breath control - she cannot sustain a quiet note and hold it with getting very pitchy or running out of air. Choppy.

This Shania review is savage. Gives her some props for better days gone by, but it never overestimates her modest talents or the cynicism or her ascent. It's pretty accurate in terms of how relevant she EVER was. Not much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 5, 2022 11:24 PM

R100, that makes no sense. Beyonce has sold 90 million and Shania sold 82 million. Shania did that with basically three albums while Beyonce has released wayyyy more. Shania definitely exceeded Beyonce's peak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 5, 2022 11:27 PM

Does every thread on a female pop star become about Madonna or Janet on this site? Shania's no worse than any other Nashville country singer to me. I don't see what makes her especially bad.

by Anonymousreply 103August 5, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote]I totally forgot about her having different mixes of her music for different audiences all with the same album. That was VERY skeezy.

What's so skeezy about that? She provided different mixes of her songs for different audiences. That's pretty damn smart. It's reaching out to different markets and giving them what they want.

by Anonymousreply 104August 5, 2022 11:31 PM

R104 In a way, yes. But then it can’t be compared to others who don’t. If others did it, they’d sell 4 times her. Singers with crossover appeal start on the 50 yard line as far as audience. For selling that much she sure was forgotten fast.

by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2022 11:35 PM

r100 the so called "hysteria" Beyonce or Taylor Swift has is just social media noise. Why didn't their hysteria translate into bigger sales than Shania's ?

by Anonymousreply 106August 5, 2022 11:35 PM

[quote]Does every thread on a female pop star become about Madonna or Janet on this site?

It's Janbot and the Ancient White Fags troll, mostly. The AWF troll is all over this thread with his "professional opinions."

by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2022 11:37 PM

[quote]Shania's no worse than any other Nashville country singer to me. I don't see what makes her especially bad.

Then you understand nothing of singing or vocal production, R103.

Or how many GREAT female country vocalists there have been. Since when does Nashville mean can't legitimately sing? WoW.

Beyonce and Taylor Swift are vastly more influential and well known than fucking Shania Twain. Please.

by Anonymousreply 108August 5, 2022 11:38 PM

R106 I think it's obviously due to the fact by the time Beyonce went solo and Taylor Swift debuted, physical sales declined and while iTunes downloads were popular and CDs still sold. There was so much piracy that it severly hurt the industry. Also YouTube made it easy to watch music videos and listen to songs. Then Spotify came around and shifted the model to streaming. I would say both B and TS had a hysteria initially around them but today, it's mostly regulated to their stans. Shania isn't relevant anymore.

by Anonymousreply 109August 5, 2022 11:38 PM

R108 I'm talking modern Nashville, not the golden age of country and western music which peaked in the 1970s. Shania sounds better to me than the garbage that is modern country music.

by Anonymousreply 110August 5, 2022 11:40 PM

Madonna only sounds thin when she lifts her tone in a certain way. She’s much fuller and stronger when she sings her higher notes properly. Madonna was never trained vocally until Dick Tracy and, while she showed really good vocal quality and strength before in songs like Papa Don’t Preach, Open Your Heart, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Crazy For You, her live voice was much improved after the training. Madonna really does have a sweet spot in her voice that cannot be taught like was stated. She doesn’t always have breath control issues. When she does, that is when she gives shitty vocal performances. She’s not the most fluid singer.

by Anonymousreply 111August 5, 2022 11:43 PM

There was never any hysteria over Shania. She just sold because her songs were overproduced (but very catchy) by the guy who did the same for Def Leppard.

by Anonymousreply 112August 5, 2022 11:45 PM

How does a peformance like this "blow Shania's vocals away"? It's better than certain other performances of hers, but there are still pitch problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 5, 2022 11:48 PM

R113 STFU. How fucking stupid are you? That performance is universally praised by actual vocal coaches as strong, on pitch, great control, great mixing, and everything else. You’re trying to gaslight. It’s like Trump’s doctor saying he’s the most fit president ever. We have eyes. And we have ears here. Professionals praise the fuck out of this vocal performance.

by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2022 12:01 AM

So is this a Madonna thread now?

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2022 12:04 AM

R115 if R114 had their way it would be. Is Madonna paying you to kiss her ass on here?

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2022 12:08 AM

R116 Move on. Giving honest opinions or pointing out what experts say is not kissing ass. Just like dragging Shania is not going to sway people who like her.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2022 12:12 AM

I totally agree with you R114. Not only is that a very good and powerful vocal from Madonna, it is a fully inhabited LIVE performance. She's got the mood and the presentation and movement and Va Voom of the song. It's not flawless - but it is very good.

When Madonna sang You Must Love Me at the Oscars, she was clearly very nervous and it showed in some wobbly notes and intonation problems. But she still acted the song and conveyed the emotion beautifully.

Shania was a totally canned product. Nice videos.

Not everyone can sing it like this. Very beautiful from Solea. She's legit.

Madonna tried to become a better singer and by Evita and Ray of Light she was.

Shania let studio wizards do the vocal work for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 6, 2022 12:13 AM

R118 Madonna always had a voice. She just had much better technique by Evita. Her voice was trained. But I think it lost some edge.

by Anonymousreply 119August 6, 2022 12:20 AM

OK Madonna can sing. There. Let's get back on topic with Shania now.

by Anonymousreply 120August 6, 2022 12:21 AM

R120 I can’t see this poster. Blocked troll.

Shania was fun. Period. Did she have a successful tour? Or tours?

by Anonymousreply 121August 6, 2022 12:24 AM

Can we make a section on DL to quarantine the Vadgebot? At least Janbot stays restricted to the threads they make and only come out to defend Janet. Vadgebot invades other threads to make it about Vadge when nobody even brought that bitch up to begin with. It's not our fault, nobody gives a shit about Madonna anymore

by Anonymousreply 122August 6, 2022 12:33 AM

She was white, sassy, fun and country. She hit the target market just right during the late Nineties. But due to whatever reason, she couldn't really maintain her hit status.

by Anonymousreply 123August 6, 2022 12:40 AM

Everyone knows the reason her career was short - her Svengali left her for the maid. Without him, Shania Twain the singer and video vixen doesn't exist. Eileen is a terrible talent on her own. Prone to depression and lies. Self harm.

Shania is worth about $400 million. Please stop "singing."

by Anonymousreply 124August 6, 2022 12:48 AM

Yes, Mutt was definitely behind her success. He has a stellar track record.

by Anonymousreply 125August 6, 2022 12:55 AM

Madonna stole the bitch's look. Shania. And did it better. This WAS iconic. Britney could dance bitch. Her walk is on beat and she comes with Missy E too. Xtina had THE VOICE that cuts through the room and all her dirty girl energy. The kiss. Madonna sings up there on a melodically difficult song with ATTITUDE. Poise, confidence, real SEX appeal.

And the audience!! Stank face from Avril and Mary J, but Beyonce, Snoop, the rappers and gay boys love it!!

None of these people are in my faves - but this was ICONIC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 6, 2022 1:15 AM

You ADHD bitches cannot stay on topic. Vadge and Britney can't sing at all. Britney cannot dance that good. Christina can sing though. Not every gay like trashy shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 127August 6, 2022 1:19 AM

It was trashy shit, R127. But fun and full of energy. Nowhere near as tacky as a Shania Twain "hit" song.

21 year old Britney could DANCE. Don't be crazy. She was the sexiest pretty bad girl ever.

And yes, everyone should remember that XTina is STILL the one who could sing.

Madonna was the ringmaster and superstar.

Shania has NONE of their talents.

by Anonymousreply 128August 6, 2022 1:29 AM

Britney couldn’t sing. Madonna can sing. Christina can SING. Shania could sing a tiny bit.

by Anonymousreply 129August 6, 2022 1:33 AM

R104 I never realized how negatively some people, even in the industry, felt about Shania releasing the same album with different mixes for different audiences, until I met this AR guy from Nashville who claimed he wanted to make me a star after hearing me sing karaoke. I figured he was putting me on to get me in bed, but I played along for a few days. He was hot, I'd have slept with him regardless. Anyway, at some point I told him that is how I wanted to release albums, so I could conceivably be able to have the number one on the Country, Pop, and R&B charts at the same time. He went on a diatribe about how releasing different mixes like that was trashy. I was like I think it is just good business sense and also artistic. To me the point of art is to share it with as wide an audience as possible.

I've never been a purist about music, if you look at the songs released as race(R&B) or hillbilly(Country) in the pre-R&R era many of those more "authentic" recordings were the same songs, the only real difference is the beat and the race of the singers. Many of the record labels were jointly owned and just operated musical segregation. Also, many of the original songs from those genres would cross over into Pop and be covered by Bing Crosby or the Andrews Sisters. And, those race and hillbilly singers recorded Tin Pan Alley and Hollywood songs, at times. 95% of all songs can work in any genre, as long as they are a good song being sung by a talented singer.

by Anonymousreply 130August 6, 2022 1:40 AM

True r130. Barbara Mandrell did a country cover of the R&B classic "If Loving You Is Wrong I Don't Want To Be Right" that was phenomenal, just as one example of what you're talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 6, 2022 1:44 AM

R131 Funny you mentioned that one, it was one of the songs I sang at the Karaoke that night.

by Anonymousreply 132August 6, 2022 1:46 AM

OMG r130 I have psychic powers!

by Anonymousreply 133August 6, 2022 1:54 AM

It's not Shania's fault, but Patty Loveless and many others were casualties of the stink that the popularity of Shania's music brought into country music.

25 years later and her clear, legit high mountain sound with real TWANG is in fine form. Patty is the real deal.

The good stuff from the 1990s women of country. Golden. Patty, Trisha, Leanne, Pam, Suzy, Lorrie, Kathy M, Martina, Reba and Mary Chapin. To name a few.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 6, 2022 1:57 AM

R134 I will say Shania's over popularity led to Country being overly dominated by women for a few years, which directly led into the period where the only women you seemed to hear on country radio were like Carrie, Miranda, and Reba. Now we seem to be in a period of women being pushed more in Country, again. Which I do not mind.

I will say Reba is hands down my favorite Country Queen, because she has like Cher power in Country. She can change her style just enough to get airplay, if she wants it. Kylie is another one that can do it, but with Madonna has troubles pulling it off. Reba's last few albums have been her "artistic" albums not meant to generate huge airplay. With a starring role on a network drama this fall, following a well received performance at this year's Oscars, and she seems to warming up to the road again, I think she will come out with a hit from out of left field, like Cher did with Believe. Believe to me was Cher coming out the same time you had all those pop princesses like Britney and Christina, and Cher was like I'm here now bow down bitches.

by Anonymousreply 135August 6, 2022 2:16 AM

R134 Not the ones you listed I mean the Sara Evanses and Faith Hills, both not bad singers, most of the time, but they were no where near as good as some others.

Also, the period of those women pre-Shania, were operating in a fairly gender balanced format where neither was dominating.

by Anonymousreply 136August 6, 2022 2:19 AM

R135 Reba’s Oscar performance was not well received and it was terrible. She struggles to hit the notes. Reba has never been a powerful singer. She’s middle of the road.

It is easy to get airplay on Country. It is not easy to do it in Pop/Top 40. Apples/Oranges.

by Anonymousreply 137August 6, 2022 2:22 AM

R137 That was a shit song, and people on social media liked it, especially that it was an all-star band. Reba has really seemed to excel at social media, and her sitcom is very popular with both millennials and generation z. If she can record something radio friendly plus her social media power, she could get on top once more and even crossover at least as high as she did last time the last time she had a country number one in 2010 and it went to 53 pop.

And, Reba's never been a powerful singer? She has, and can still do power for the right song. But, to me Reba is like George Jones, her greatness isn't in being technically a great singer, it is in her phrasing and interpretation. She basically acts out each song, she isn't singing about someone else, she becomes that person until the song ends.

Also, Linda Davis should've had a career much better than she has had. And, my dream was and remains getting Reba to record this song with me in the Linda Davis position making it a down-low bisexual cheating song. And, if Reba won't do it, I'd sing it with Linda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 6, 2022 2:44 AM

It is NOT easy to get airplay anywhere. And that's not where all decisions are made anymore. Beyonce is taking the world on - without much radio play - AGAIN.

Reba does have a powerful type voice, but (like Cher) she over-ornaments her singing and adds too many runs, riffs and trills. They are at heart concerned that their natural voice is flawed and not enough. They're not wrong. Too much vibrato and although they both have a wide and powerful range - there is little difference in tonal quality between their lower tones, chest voice and belts. Just volume. But a sameness of sound.

So they almost unconsciously attempt to mask this with a lot of vocal tics.

I don't love Reba OR Cher - but I get why they're here. They are far from lacking in power. What they lack is a NEXT gear to their sound. Their singing promises something that doesn't deliver.

Walking in Memphis by Cher should KICK ASS. But she can't get it there. She's edging us.

Reba is a gorgeous ballad singer - but she also has a big girl real singers voice. I think she's done everything she can do with it. She can't sing POP music. She and Kelly C did a nice act and tour together though. Reba was AMAZING in Annie Get Your Gun. Unheard of. A rodeo girl country singer from Oklahoma getting better reviews than the OG star, Bernadette Peters. Reba is a Queen.

Cher was signed to do Sunset BLVD in Toronto many years ago. She would have been fantastic in it. For exactly the same reasons. She got very cold feet. I was in that show with Diahann Carroll and Cher would have been a miracle.

Cher and Reba aren't the best singers technically, but their voices have that marching band sound coming....they excite. Deliver the drama, attitude and richness of sound. They have bad vocal habits but can sing their face off. Plus they both love to sing - which always comes across.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 6, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]Cher was signed to do Sunset BLVD in Toronto many years ago. She would have been fantastic in it. For exactly the same reasons. She got very cold feet. I was in that show with Diahann Carroll and Cher would have been a miracle.

Waitaminute..........you're the Ancient White Fags Troll, as anyone who hits ignore and reads your posts can clearly see. You have claimed many, many times that you were born in 1983. Diahann Carroll's "Sunset Boulevard" in Toronto was in 1995.

Busted, bitch! You are clearly MUCH older than you claim, no way in hell you were 12 years old and working on Sunset Boulevard in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 140August 6, 2022 3:20 AM

No one ever looked better in a leopard-spotted burnoose than Shania Twain.

by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2022 3:28 AM

Reba excels with material that is structured and requires her to exercise restraint. If she worked on her dialect earlier in her career she could have been a successful pop singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 6, 2022 3:54 AM

The evolution of Reba’s voice is interesting. She didn’t get mainstream success until 30 and hit her cultural peak at 40. Her voice peaked in the 80s. Her voice has held up well over the years, but she started to sometimes get too shrill, overwrought and rough in her delivery in the early 90s. She made an album that country considered “too pop” in the late 80s after her 1st divorce, she was lambasted for it. It’s actually pretty good. She has one of the most extensive catalogs of any performer in any genre. Her run of Female Vocalist wins ended then due to that “betrayal” of the country traditionalist movement that was big at the time. She performed her cover of Respect on an awards show too and the old school country crowd didn’t like that. Regardless, she made herself into a pop culture icon and you have to admire that. Other than Dolly and recently Tanya, to a small degree, no other 80s country females still have any relevance today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 6, 2022 4:13 AM

A lot of Shania's appeal was her beauty.

by Anonymousreply 144August 6, 2022 4:16 AM

Reba made a rare career misstep in 1995 by releasing an album of old pop & country covers instead of an album of new songs. It was to celebrate her 20 years in the music industry and was an ego project. It was received with lukewarm reviews and sales. It made her seem aged to the younger fans. Reba was the cool country act for teenage girls to listen to until Shania arrived. This helped open the door for Shania to take the top female country spotlight, as her first blockbuster album was released the same year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 6, 2022 4:23 AM

R145 Which I do not get. I was 12 years old when that album came out and I LOVED IT. It was actually the first time I wore out a cassette and I had to buy it a second time. I especially loved "Ring on Her Finger, Time On Her Hands." That was also the album that gave Reba a Number two hit on the Club music charts, with "You Keep Me Hanging On."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2022 4:50 AM

Were the clubs in The Castro blasting Reba in ‘96?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2022 4:58 AM

Also, R145 those four women should form a super group now and do an album. 90's nostalgia sells and for Country fans growing up in the 90s they were the sounds we grew up with, well three of them would sell and then you'd remind everyone who the other one was and she'd sell too. I love Linda Davis, but she would be the Ringo out of the four. Great and talented, just not the other three.

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2022 4:58 AM

None of the women you've listed can hold a candle to Lee Ann Rimes or Jennifer Nettles. They have real pipes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2022 5:03 AM

R147 I don't know if they were, but in 2001, I was second in command of my school's prom, because the Junior class officers were the prom committee at my high school. One of my responsibilities was music. Of course we just had a DJ and the way we picked him was by asking them for a sample set list because we wanted a varied one. We wanted the black kids, the rednecks, and those in between to hopefully get something they liked that night. And, the one I chose, which was the one everyone agreed to, had it on his setlist, it was literally why I chose him.

by Anonymousreply 150August 6, 2022 5:08 AM

Doing the math, the Ancient White Fags Troll would have to be in his late 40s at the absolute minimum if he worked on the Toronto production of Sunset Boulevard in 1995. We always knew he was full of shit!

by Anonymousreply 151August 6, 2022 5:16 AM

I always preferred "The Woman In Me". "No One Needs To Know" is my favorite Shania song. Of course, this album is decidedly more country, than pop.

And the video is really cool, and a lot of fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 6, 2022 5:46 AM

R151 I just want to make sure you aren't directing that to me, R150. Because the person you quoted in R140 was R139 which is a different poster. It is just confusing to me because I really was born in '83. We were having a fun back and forth between R130 and R133, earlier.

by Anonymousreply 153August 6, 2022 5:49 AM

No r153, r140 is the Ancient White Fags troll if you put him on ignore and read his posts. He just got royally busted. I wasn't directing anything at you.

by Anonymousreply 154August 6, 2022 6:02 AM

^ this old whore keeps upvoting his own posts and talking to himself from different devices. He congratulates his own posts - pretending to be someone else! Sad, Sick OLD fuck. His prom was in 1947. Crazy old bitch having an orgasm about shitty Shania in her tacky leopard hoodie. ^

R154 IS the Ancient RACIST white F@G of Datalounge. The one who is so unwelcome and hated on this site.

RIP

by Anonymousreply 155August 6, 2022 6:44 AM

[quote]Does every thread on a female pop star become about Madonna or Janet on this site?

Every thread about a female singer becomes a hotbed of misogyny and snobbery where the woman's contribution to her own success is dismissed.

And yes, comparisons with Madonna are inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 156August 6, 2022 10:19 AM

Brilliance. Bey and Madonna. The Queens Remix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 6, 2022 10:31 AM

What’s with the nonstop Reba posting? She doesn’t have that great of a voice- at all. She is shrill and her tone is not pleasant. That said, she sells the hell out of her songs. She does “play” the character and that is the secret to her success. It’s a skill that cannot be taught. Reba’s acting is likewise limited. She does fine for what she does.

Cher has a very limited range. Not as limited as Shania.

by Anonymousreply 158August 6, 2022 11:43 AM

That VMA performance of Britney/Madonna/Christina was not trashy. It was a very well put together performance and was/is one of the best, most exciting performances of any VMAs. It’s a performance that strikes all the right elements. I loved that remix of Hollywood as I hated the album version. That should have been the single.

The only true legends mentioned in this thread are Madonna/Reba/Cher. Shania, while her place in the 90s is secure, will never reach that status.

by Anonymousreply 159August 6, 2022 11:59 AM

The psycho queens in this thread are hysterical. No one gives a shit about Vadge anymore. She's just as irrelevant as Shania is. And that's Vadge's fault. If she was a true legend then she wouldn't be so desperado on social media and release shitty albums nonstop since the mid-2000s. Only 80s and 90s Vadge is worth being a fan. But she could never sing well either.

The fact you Vadge stans have to bring up Vadge in this thread and make it about her because her own threads are dead.

by Anonymousreply 160August 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Rimes is interesting. She doesn't have nearly the catalog or recognition that a voice like hers should warrant.

by Anonymousreply 161August 6, 2022 12:44 PM

R161 her career was derailed by her controlling daddy and a lawsuit

by Anonymousreply 162August 6, 2022 12:47 PM

Leann and Reba

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 6, 2022 12:48 PM

Ladies who can SING. Kelly C and Martina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 6, 2022 12:59 PM

Shania is a horrible singer. I think her popularity and album sales are owing to nice hair and a leopard print leotard.

by Anonymousreply 165August 6, 2022 1:03 PM

Martina’s voice now is as blown out as Vadge’s hole

by Anonymousreply 166August 6, 2022 1:16 PM

Martina McBride is exciting to watch as a wet cardboard box

by Anonymousreply 167August 6, 2022 1:19 PM

R167, she is one of many frau queens in country music.

by Anonymousreply 168August 6, 2022 2:31 PM

But what is the “crawling through broken glass” comment about her about?

by Anonymousreply 169August 6, 2022 5:27 PM

I thought the purist shit stopped after the Olivia Newton John debacle and the outrage over Dolly relocating to LA. Shame Reba was still getting that same treatment in the late 80's.

I don't recall Barbara Mandrell or her sisters getting much flack for having their own TV show.

by Anonymousreply 170August 6, 2022 6:01 PM

There's very little middle ground on DL about Madonna. But most of her output from the 80s and 90s (the singles especially) hold up. Arguably the best female music catalog overall. I don't care for most of her output since then though and a lot of her antics since has turned off some fans. Still, with the trend lately of artists selling their catalogs, hers would no doubt command one of the biggest payouts.

Shania was very attractive and had some very catchy songs and videos. Not a great singer at all but I agree with other posters that there are worse, Britney and Janet especially. Britney probably being the worst overall. I can't think of one song of hers that I liked her vocals and didn't think this song would be much better with just about anyone else singing it.

by Anonymousreply 171August 6, 2022 6:47 PM

Shania and Britney are shit singers, but at the same time you can't expect every pop singer to be a great vocalist, although some are. Pop music is show business, it's entertainment and spectacle, like Vegas. If you're bitching about certain pop singers being shit vocalists, you should really be listening to opera and jazz instead.

The flame wars about which female pop singers are terrible vs. not terrible is pretty silly since you're talking about a genre of music where outstanding vocal ability isn't a requirement, although sometimes great singing ability is present.

And I love that the insane 'you're all ancient white fags' troll slipped up and outed himself as an old fraud. Haha!

by Anonymousreply 172August 6, 2022 6:53 PM

[quote]There's very little middle ground on DL about Madonna. But most of her output from the 80s and 90s (the singles especially) hold up.

Definitely. She did have some clunkers, but for the most part her 80s/90s catalog is fantastic, some of the best pop music ever imho.

Her first album still holds up remarkably well. My personal favorite is Physical Attraction, which was never released as a single, but god that song is tight.

by Anonymousreply 173August 6, 2022 11:59 PM

[quote]Arguably the best female music catalog overall

Better than Streisand and Aretha Franklin? Joni Mitchell? Ella Fitzgerald?

Put down the crack pipe.

by Anonymousreply 174August 7, 2022 12:31 AM

And can we get back to Shania Twain please. And not have this be another thread in which Vadgebot talks to itself?

by Anonymousreply 175August 7, 2022 12:32 AM

r174 none of those women are pop music.

by Anonymousreply 176August 7, 2022 12:41 AM

"If you're bitching about certain pop singers being shit vocalists, you should really be listening to opera and jazz instead."

That's debatable. Opera singers don't always have the most pure voices. Some of them sound rather forced.

by Anonymousreply 177August 7, 2022 2:20 AM

[quote] Better than Streisand and Aretha Franklin? Joni Mitchell? Ella Fitzgerald?

Madonna has the best catalogue in pop music, regardless of gender. None of the women listed here are pop (but Madonna's catalogue is still way better than Streisand's).

by Anonymousreply 178August 7, 2022 3:11 AM

Shania is/was beautiful. The songs were pretty catchy. But she has a metallic burr on her entire range that is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

by Anonymousreply 179August 7, 2022 3:30 AM

There was no woman who looked as beautiful as Shania Twain in this music video ever. The world went crazy for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 7, 2022 3:57 AM

Here's the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 7, 2022 3:57 AM

According to scientists, she has the most perfect female face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 7, 2022 3:59 AM

Madonna only released 14 studio albums. Reba and Barbra have both released around 35 and have over 100 singles each. Madonna’s single count is inflated because she’d release every song on an album or EP to radio.

by Anonymousreply 183August 7, 2022 4:00 AM

[quote] I don't recall Barbara Mandrell or her sisters getting much flack for having their own TV show.

Barbara got a pass I feel like more than anyone. Partly because she had always had a more poppy/r&b sound to her country, so that was seen as her being "authentic." Also, I think just like when Buck pushed the line, they were just like, "well, that's California!"

It did always seem strange that her big "Country Music is awesome" signature song doesn't even sound that country, even with George Jones singing on it.

And, I LOVE Barbara but she is the least country of the major Country Queens. Even Crystal Gayle seems more country because you know who her sister is and she insists on growing that long ass hillbilly/hippie hair.

by Anonymousreply 184August 7, 2022 4:10 AM

Barbara Mandrell seems like such a WASP country club wife.

by Anonymousreply 185August 7, 2022 4:17 AM

She's adorbs here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 7, 2022 4:27 AM

Mandrell is a mean cunt who didn't sell records. Not many of the real country queens sold many records.

Tanya Tucker had the last laugh on them all with her While I'm Living comeback. Country music didn't reward her, but the Grammy's did. It's an authentic and fantastic album. Way too real for country music of today.

The Dixie Chicks, Carrie Underwood, Shania, Taylor Swift and Dolly are the only ones who sold many records.

Shania Twain was pretty. And pretended to be sexy. She was never beautiful. Not with that nose and THOSE heavy LEGS!!

by Anonymousreply 187August 7, 2022 4:28 AM

Tucker's success with Brandi Carlile producing her was monumental. Her reviews for this album were raves across all music platforms. She even had a New Yorker profile before the album release.

It's that good. Tanya is THE female outlaw of country music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 7, 2022 4:34 AM

So r187 aka Ancient White Fags Troll, tell us how you worked on the Toronto production of Sunset Boulevard in 1995 if you were only 12 years old at at the time.

by Anonymousreply 189August 7, 2022 4:44 AM

Shanna Twain!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 7, 2022 4:55 AM

HUH? I was born in 1983. Why are you harassing me. People know who YOU are R189. Do I need to involve lawyers and DL again.

Shania Twain should shit in your mouth. Your fixation on talentless singers from when you were in your forties gets boring. She's fun to discuss - but she can't sing and is not the least bit important. Far from beautiful. Almost forgotten. I guess that's why you relate.

Don't you have a Kareen Carpenter or Donna Summers or INSANE John Mulvaney thread to post on? Just keep on harassing other men of color on this site. We HATE you, and all of your accounts!! The list grows long. Your life is short. May jesus visit healing to your diseased mind and body - tonight. 🙏🏾 🙏🏾

SHOO R189. You fucking ANCIENT RACIST FAG!

by Anonymousreply 191August 7, 2022 4:55 AM

r191 you wrote that you worked on the Toronto production of Sunset Boulevard starring Diahann Carroll, in 1995. No fucking way you were born in 1983. You are an 'ancient fag' yourself. You must be in your late 40s at the youngest, probably in your 50s. You were busted.

by Anonymousreply 192August 7, 2022 4:58 AM

Fuck you r191. Your gig is up. You're a total fraud and a nutcase. So how old are you, really? Are you even black? The Playbill for the Toronto Sunset Boulevard is easily accessible online. Maybe it can be posted here? Your identity wouldn't be that hard to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 193August 7, 2022 4:59 AM

r191 you might be one of the oldest posters here, you're certainly quite a bit older than me.

by Anonymousreply 194August 7, 2022 5:01 AM

A singer. With integrity. And guts. Intelligence and longevity. A personal mess but a deep, true and resonant musical talent.

(not eileen twain)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 7, 2022 5:05 AM

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

by Anonymousreply 196August 7, 2022 5:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 7, 2022 5:12 AM

KK face is surgically altered though

by Anonymousreply 198August 7, 2022 1:44 PM

She has the look of a Karen and the voice of a Karen. But she is slightly attractive. She is the Karen next door.

by Anonymousreply 199August 7, 2022 2:02 PM

Shania's nose is fine. Catherine Zeta Jones has a more bulbous nose, and she was considered beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 200August 7, 2022 2:41 PM

Cute song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 7, 2022 8:30 PM

R201 that is insipid

by Anonymousreply 202August 7, 2022 8:32 PM

So's your mom!!

by Anonymousreply 203August 7, 2022 8:35 PM

No One Needs to Know has to be one of the greatest country songs ever. I love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 7, 2022 8:47 PM

OK, Shania, you can stop posting your entire discography.

by Anonymousreply 205August 7, 2022 9:44 PM

It’s the tori Amos 90s troll posting until everyone pukes

by Anonymousreply 206August 7, 2022 9:56 PM

The ancient white fags troll was all over this thread until he got busted. He's been quiet ever since.

by Anonymousreply 207August 7, 2022 11:48 PM

RACIST ANCIENT white F@G @ R207.

by Anonymousreply 208August 7, 2022 11:57 PM

r208 how old are you really? You certainly couldn't have been 12 years old if you worked on Sunset Boulevard in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 209August 8, 2022 12:01 AM

What I'd love to know is what they all really think of each other, not what they say in interviews and on award shows. I mean when Reba and Barbara Mandrell, who are known to be actual friends, sit down for lunch and if they were to discuss the other women of Country Music, what would they really say about them?

by Anonymousreply 210August 8, 2022 12:03 AM

John Mulaney DIVORCES Anna: “I am heartbroken John has decided to end our marriage,” sez jilted wife

Link to meth thread, please.

by Anonymousreply 211August 8, 2022 12:06 AM

R204 that is a great song

by Anonymousreply 212August 8, 2022 12:50 AM

Little Orphan Fanny. Dead behind the eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 8, 2022 2:43 AM

R212

by Anonymousreply 214August 8, 2022 2:49 AM

R213

by Anonymousreply 215August 8, 2022 2:50 AM

. . . . . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 8, 2022 11:53 PM

Her real name is Eilleen Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 217August 9, 2022 5:15 AM

Shania's next single.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 9, 2022 6:19 AM

R22 The Corrs are Irish, not Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 219August 9, 2022 9:58 AM

We have in our midst a loon singularly obsessed with hating on Shania Twain. Very odd, and very specific.

by Anonymousreply 220August 9, 2022 7:11 PM

We have in our midst the heartbreaking death of Olivia Newton John. Whose beloved voice, beauty, charm and strength puts the meager, cynical and alleged talent of Shania Twain in proper perspective.

RIP Olivia.❤

by Anonymousreply 221August 10, 2022 3:02 AM

[quote][R22] The Corrs are Irish, not Canadian.

hence the LOL immediately after it.

Seriously though, you must associate Shania with The Corrs? They were huge at the same time and then both kind of disappeared.

The Corrs worked with Bobsy Mutter Langer on Breathless, their only UK number one.

All The Love In The World (from the movie America's Sweetheart, as featured in the TV show The Staircase) was another Mutter Langer song and could have been a Shania hit from Come On Over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 10, 2022 6:21 AM

“Breathless” is such a perfect pop song

by Anonymousreply 223August 10, 2022 7:47 AM

R140/R151/R192/R193/R194/R207/R209, I'd like to give your a complementary blowjob for your excellent detective work. AWF troll is my Ignored User #4 and #9 (and has been for over a year). I distinctly remember her implying she was 38-ish before I placed her on Ignore. It turns out she is an old whore like me (I'm 48, but she always has the audacity to say I'm 80). I can confirm you just busted a bitch.

She still hasn't defended what you called her out on. Has anyone gone through the playbill yet?

I could only find a list of primary singers. Normally, I would say live and let live, but AWF troll is such a nasty person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 10, 2022 8:21 AM

I'm a man you OLD faggot whore aka R224. Stop harassing me. I'm 39 years old. Black. Musician. Handsome, muscular, hung and coupled. Successful.

Stop responding to your own posts. Everyone already knows what a sick OLD fuck you are. You're closer to 80 than 50 years old.

You have bad taste and odd fixations. Multiple accounts. You're 76 years OLD. Don't make DL prove it. Again.

I prove it all night.

by Anonymousreply 225August 10, 2022 8:35 AM

Male ensemble members seem to be all white:

Timothy J. Alex (white actor living in NYC probably born before 1970), Michael Fox (goes by Michael Fawkes so to not be confused with Alex P. Keaton, white English actor probably born before 1955), Brian Hill (white Canadian actor probably born before 1970), Peter Kevoian (born 1952 white Los Angeles actor), George Kmeck (born 1949, white New Jersey actor), Gordon McLaren (born 1951 white Canadian actor), Martin Murphy (??? not sure due to generic name, but is he related to AWF fave Donna Murphy?), Avery Saltzman (born 1956, white Canadian actor), Matthew Thibedeau (white Midwest actor, died in 2009; super cute), James Vezina (born 1962, white Canadian actor).

This all makes me wonder if AWF troll is white and his black "persona" is all performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 10, 2022 8:46 AM

Cince when is it news that Sinesnatch is also the sickest poster on so many threads? Harassing and stalking others. A perverted old fag who loves SCAT and young boys. Cinesnatch is the only name he signs, and only about one in 50 posts. It's AKA miss warwicke and the Tori Amos Troll. The Donna Summer Troll, John Mulaney stalker creep, the Streep Loon and the 23.5 hour a day continual poster on Datalounge? Take a little time to enjoy the view. R224 is a sick fuck and the most hated person on this site.

by Anonymousreply 227August 10, 2022 8:49 AM

Dead Ass, Cinesnatch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 10, 2022 8:56 AM

What kind of jigged up fake white bitch is calling herself shaneia? She needs more vocal help than merly streep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 10, 2022 9:09 AM

AWF Troll got busted. He's an old white guy. Hahaha!!

by Anonymousreply 230August 10, 2022 2:20 PM

R2 “Sexy to straight men”!!!! If they like pre-op ladies.

I can see her balls in that catsuit!!!!

by Anonymousreply 231August 10, 2022 2:26 PM

Shania was huge during my high school and college years. I remember my girlfriends, female relatives, and the industry in general going crazy for her. I actually never really liked her music in my youth, but it has grown on me. I love her Gonna Getcha Good number, and I think she has some very clever lyrics-abilities (assuming she writes them). But what really popped her into stardom is a mystery to me. Like others have said, none of her music is really exemplary of any outstanding talent. But hell if she isn't a fun time.

by Anonymousreply 232August 10, 2022 7:43 PM

My favorite song of hers is Ka-ching

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 10, 2022 11:36 PM

Shania hit in Canada just slightly earlier than the US. I remember an interview with her on Canada AM, before she got big in the US, and she came off dumber than s box of hair. Like monumentally, not one original though in her head, dumb.

But the songs were catchy, and she was pretty. She was everywhere, for a while.

Back when albums actually mattered, it always fascinated me when an in artist managed more than a couple of singles per album. Come on Over had ELEVEN singles. That's impressive.

by Anonymousreply 234August 11, 2022 6:27 AM

She was bland and inoffensive. But she looked good and had a cool image and people liked her. The Jennifer Aniston of ‘90s country/pop.

by Anonymousreply 235August 14, 2022 2:38 PM

Shania was sexy as fuck! Her cheetah get-up in the middle of the desert in one of her videos questioned my sexuality growing up

by Anonymousreply 236August 14, 2022 2:54 PM

That video for "Any Man of Mine" explains Shania's appeal. She could play the rural country girl and the classy, sophisticated woman. Both images were youthful due to Shania's beauty. That's part of the reason she became the first true country-pop crossover success.

by Anonymousreply 237August 14, 2022 3:18 PM

R236 I could see her balls in it!

by Anonymousreply 238August 14, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote]Were the clubs in The Castro blasting Reba in ‘96?

I can't recall any gay club or gay bar in SF/LA/NYC playing any country music at all back in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 239August 14, 2022 5:46 PM

There are plenty of queens out there who worship Reba. I know a couple but I stay clear of them

by Anonymousreply 240August 14, 2022 7:05 PM

R240, yup, plenty of Southern gays love Reba.

by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2022 7:14 PM

While Reba was bringing awareness and compassion to the AIDS crisis, Shania was shaking her ass about hetero cheating drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 14, 2022 7:38 PM

One of my coworkers’ claim to fame is having appeared in the “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” video as the himbo on the keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 243August 14, 2022 7:39 PM

While Reba was walking her gay friends down the aisle, Shania was getting caught being a MAGA Trump supporter.

Let’s go girls, indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 14, 2022 7:40 PM

Shania Twain is a worthless idiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 14, 2022 7:41 PM

She’s really fucked up her face with fillers the last few years. She’s heading into Madonna territory.

by Anonymousreply 246August 14, 2022 7:43 PM

Country music has never had any real presence with gay men on the East and West Coasts, but lots of Southern gays are into it.

by Anonymousreply 247August 14, 2022 9:32 PM

R239 As Reba's "You Keep Me Hanging On" went to number two on the dance club charts, they must've been playing that song. Though it wasn't "country" other than the person singing it.

by Anonymousreply 248August 15, 2022 1:47 AM

I don't recall that song being played in NYC, LA or SF clubs at the time r245. Like I said, I can't recall any country music being played. I didn't know any gay men who were into country.

by Anonymousreply 249August 15, 2022 2:01 AM

R249 Well great now you know there are other gay, lesbian, and bisexual people outside of NYC, LA, or SF, who have their own tastes.

by Anonymousreply 250August 15, 2022 2:18 AM

r250 I said upthread that country music is big with Southern gay men, but on the coasts it's not a thing at all.

by Anonymousreply 251August 15, 2022 2:24 AM

Mary Chapin Carpenter wore a red ribbon years after it became a 'cause'. She had zero glamour - and she never used smoke machines.

by Anonymousreply 252August 15, 2022 8:50 AM

R252 = lez who loves MCC

by Anonymousreply 253August 15, 2022 11:20 AM

I was watching John Oliver, last night, and when he showed Sarah Palin doing a Cameo video, my first thought was when did Shania Twain and Sarah Palin merge into one.

by Anonymousreply 254August 23, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] when did Shania Twain and Sarah Palin merge into one.

Funny but I can see what you're saying. The glasses definitely add to it.

by Anonymousreply 255August 23, 2022 12:22 AM

r2 Olivia Newton John crossed over from country to pop before her

by Anonymousreply 256August 23, 2022 12:31 AM

R256 Brenda Lee did it before ONJ

by Anonymousreply 257August 23, 2022 12:32 AM

She also let people think she was Native American when it was her stepfather who was not her birth father.

by Anonymousreply 258August 23, 2022 12:33 AM

She definitely had the teeth and cheekbones to pull off Native American ancestry. I'm surprised she isn't Native.

by Anonymousreply 259August 23, 2022 12:38 AM

Love this bit from Parks and Recreation...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 23, 2022 12:49 AM

r259 that's probably why it wasn't a raging controversy, even though she wasn't NA she could pass. If she'd looked like Taylor Swift maybe there would've been backlash.

by Anonymousreply 261August 23, 2022 1:08 AM

I've never been a fan of her music but I admire her grit and determination. Jesus fuck did she go through some rough times in her childhood and in her days as a struggling singer. She had it pretty rough.

by Anonymousreply 262August 23, 2022 1:10 AM

Brenda Lee... Patsy Cline.... Countrypolitan was the original Crossover Pop/Country.

by Anonymousreply 263August 23, 2022 1:35 AM

Also, many of the white rock n' roll singers started as country singers.

by Anonymousreply 264August 23, 2022 1:37 AM

Her mom seemed to have been a real piece of work. Waking up her daughter late at night to go sing at a club?

by Anonymousreply 265August 24, 2022 12:30 AM

It could be worse.

by Anonymousreply 266August 24, 2022 12:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!