Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Natalie Portman destroys Thor: Love & Thunder

Not that the film wasn't already a gigantic hunk of junk, but every single second of her onscreen was excruciating. Never has an actress so clearly conveyed her discomfort with the material; never has anyone been a more absurd super-hero (and I include the talking raccoon and that tree thing he hangs out with). And never has anyone been less interested in kissing/fucking/gazing upon the naked ass-crack of Chris Hemsworth.

Why they decided that this plot strand needed tying up in this way is beyond me. They could have done so with her being hit by a train in the first five seconds.

Other than that, fat Zeus was amusing, Bale was effective, and the weird little mini-planet was truly unsettling. But Ragnarok this wasn't even close to being.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2022 1:14 AM

And to think, superhero movies used to hit such Shakespearean highs.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2022 7:30 PM

She just didn't mesh well with the goofy Taika Waititi brand of humour, was clearly very out of her depth. It happens, not every actor can do everything.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2022 7:30 PM

Natalie Portman is just a shitty actress. She's beautiful but that's it. Did she cry in Thor too? That seems to be her default mode.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote] "That seems to be her default mode."

And she's not even good at that.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2022 7:38 PM

R4, I agree, when she cries I want to push her into a volcano. She's an ugly crier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2022 7:41 PM

R1, superhero films can be done well or they can be done not well.

This was the latter.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2022 7:52 PM

She has her uses but not very many.

She's just not very good. Has been lucky with what she was cast in being big for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2022 8:49 PM

Enough of this Marvel shit.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2022 9:08 PM

Something about her performance just felt low energy. I guess it's apt given her character's personal issue, but still.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2022 1:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!