Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Manti Te'o Untold: "The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist" on NETFLIX

A new Netflix documentary will explore one of the most talked about moments in recent college football history.

UNTOLD, Netflix's sports documentary series, will examine the story of Manti Te'o, the former Notre Dame football star who made headlines a decade ago when it was discovered he had been the target of a catfishing hoax.

The series' second volume will kick off on August 16 with The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist, a two-part documentary focusing on Te'o and how it unraveled that his supposed girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, whom he thought died of leukemia during his senior football season, didn't truly exist.

"My whole world changed," Te'o says in the trailer for the docuseries, which PEOPLE can exclusively premiere. "And I'm questioning everything."

The episode will also feature interviews with Naya Tuiasosopo — who had gone by Lennay Kekua with Te'o — where she shares that she is a transgender woman.

In a statement, directors and executive producers Chapman Way and Maclain Way said Te'o's story is "more complex and nuanced than we understood at the time."

"Our goal with UNTOLD has always been to take these moments in sports history — whether infamous, like the Tim Donaghy betting scandal, or lesser-known, like the history of AND1 — and give viewers an unfiltered, inside-access look at what really happened, told by the people who lived it. With each story we're continually surprised by our subjects — at how vulnerable they are willing to be, but also how relatable their experiences and journeys are on a deep, human level," they say.

"Our Volume 2 premiere is The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist, which explores the story behind college football star Manti Te'o's headline-grabbing online relationship," the pair adds. "It was impossible to miss this story when it first broke in 2012, but as viewers will see in the documentary, what really transpired is so much more complex and nuanced than we understood at the time. We're incredibly grateful to both Manti Te'o and Ronaiah 'Naya' Tuiasosopo for sharing their truths with us."

Te'o was a star linebacker at Notre Dame when he announced that Kekua had died after battling leukemia in 2012.

"She's the most beautiful girl I have ever met, not because of her physical beauty but because of her character and who she is, she's just that person that I turn to," Te'o told ESPN at the time, according to CNN.

Te'o also said his grandmother died just hours before Kekua's death in September of that year. He claimed these tragedies inspired him, and he eventually helped Notre Dame reach the BCS National Championship during his senior year.

But an investigation by Deadspin published in Jan. 2013 found no evidence Kekua ever existed. Not only were there no records of her, but the pictures Te'o said were Kekua's were discovered to be of a 22-year-old woman from Torrance, California, who said she never met the athlete.

Deadspin's report revealed Te'o and Kekua's supposed relationship did not start in person as the footballer had suggested. Instead, it began over Twitter in Oct. 2011.

It was eventually reported that Te'o was the victim of a catfishing prank planned by three people.

Te'o told ESPN that he had never met Kekua in person, and her picture was always blocked whenever they spoke over video chat. After being told of Kekua's death, Te'o said he felt uncomfortable telling the media he had never met her.

"I even knew that it was crazy that I was with somebody that I didn't meet," he said. "So I kind of tailored my stories to have people think that, yeah, he met her before she passed away."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 2, 2022 6:51 PM

He's so gay.

This guy is a flaming queen.

No surprised that he recently bearded up and married a trashy looking hoe.

I'm not buying it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2022 11:14 PM

He was sooooooooo cute!

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2022 11:15 PM

GAYFACE for days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2022 11:15 PM

[Quote] He was sooooooooo cute!

IS cute!

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2022 11:16 PM

[quote] The Boy Who Cried Dead Girlfriend

Act I - In Which Manti Te’o Is a Golden God

The story is a classic of the genre. It opens on February 4, 2009—with an event that is, in the world of college football, the biggest day of the year that doesn’t involve tackling. This is National Signing Day, when the nation’s top high-school players officially commit to their chosen colleges. Among the most publicized and coveted recruits of 2009 is our protagonist, Manti Te’o, an explosive linebacker from the Hawaiian island of Oahu.

That Te’o happens to be of Hawaiian-Samoan descent—and Mormon, to boot—burnishes his star appeal. One of the N.F.L.’s biggest stars, Troy Polamalu, of the Pittsburgh Steelers, comes from a long line of Samoans. Pacific Islanders routinely play at the University of Southern California (because of its proximity) and Utah’s Brigham Young University (because it’s Mormon). And one extended family of Samoans with a large presence in Hawaii—the Tuiasosopos—has produced a steady stream of collegiate and professional stars.

Te’o, being the country’s top linebacker recruit, is primed to sign with U.S.C., the country’s top program. Everyone agrees they’re the ideal match—right up until the minute Te’o faxes in his commitment letter.

To Notre Dame.

This reversal rocks the college-football universe, which can’t fathom why a devoutly Mormon kid from Hawaii would select a devoutly Catholic university in frigid, landlocked South Bend, Indiana. “A matter of faith,” Te’o explained. “I closed my eyes and said a prayer. And after I said that prayer, everything just lined up.”

This divine intervention plays rather well at Notre Dame, a school with 105 winning seasons in 124 years that marries piety and public relationship better than any other. Inevitably our soul warrior makes 63 tackles and wins Freshman All-American honors. Over the next two seasons, he leads the Irish in tackles and becomes, in addition to an All-American and an Academic All-American, the most famous player on the most famous team in America’s second-most-popular spectator team sport (after professional football). Although Te’o is sure to be selected in the first round of the 2012 N.F.L. Draft, he surprises everyone by eschewing seven-figure riches in favor of one last season in the warm embrace of his school. There he determines to reverse three years of his team’s recent mediocrity, underscored by its 1–6 record against its storied rivals—U.S.C. and Michigan. Heading into the 2012 senior season, the Irish are unranked, facing the toughest schedule in America.

And guess what?

The team scraps its way to an undefeated regular season in which it combines several truly impressive wins with a few lucky escapes born of the fortuitous bounces and cowed officiating that can be endemic to Notre Dame Stadium.

But the driving force, in every win, is Manti Te’o, whose legend reaches full flower on September 15, in the aftermath of Notre Dame’s upset victory over the Michigan State Spartans. On national TV, an awestruck sideline reporter asks Te’o how he managed to play such inspired football—12 tackles—given that he was just a few days removed from a six-hour period in which he lost both his grandmother Annette Santiago, to complications stemming from diabetes, and his girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, to leukemia. “They were with me,” Te’o replied. “I’m just so happy that I had a chance to honor my grandmother and my girlfriend and my family.”

One week later, Te’o records two interceptions and eight tackles during a big win over the Michigan Wolverines. Afterward, he explains why he spent the day at Notre Dame Stadium rather than at his girlfriend’s funeral in California: Kekua, he says, made him promise he wouldn’t miss a game. “All she wanted was some white roses,” Te’o adds. “So I sent her roses and sent her two picks [interceptions] along with that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2022 11:18 PM

From this point forward he’s basically Manti Tebow—a less preening, more sympathetic version of last year’s self-styled football Christ figure. By the end of the regular season, which is punctuated by a win over U.S.C., Notre Dame is ranked No. 1 and is preparing to play the University of Alabama in the Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game. And Te’o is the only defensive player selected as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.

Act II - In Which Manti Te’o Is a Fraudulent Scoundrel

The plot devolves into an ongoing riot of multiple story lines written and re-written by multiple authors: the media, Notre Dame, the College Football Industrial Complex—and, not least, by Manti Te’o, an elusive figure who becomes a kind of tabula rasa for all that is right and wrong with college football.

Since its founding, in 2005, the Web site Deadspin has been the hockey goon of the sports-media world. Foulmouthed and down-and-dirty, it goes straight at all the phonies, narcissists, and boneheads who inhabit the dark universe of big-time jock-dom, although its worst vituperation is reserved for the practitioners of “traditional” sports journalism, whom it views as corrupt, lazy, and slavish. That Deadspin itself sometimes seems devoid of any standards of taste or ethics—it has practiced checkbook journalism and has published alleged “dong shots” Brett Favre reportedly texted to a woman—is, by its light, just a way of keeping it real.

[quote] “The relationship, to me, was real,” says Te’o. “The illness, the accident, her dying—these were all real to me.”

Deadspin’s biggest story was born on January 11—just four days after the 2012 college-football season ended with Alabama’s violent defeat of Notre Dame, by a score of 42–14. The loss proved especially humbling for Te’o.

In the game, as in the voting for the Heisman Trophy awarded to quarterback Johnny Manziel one month prior, he finished second.

The story arrived at Deadspin via an e-mail from an anonymous tipster who claimed to be from Laie, Hawaii. The e-mail read, in part:

[quote] I know you guys get thousands of tips that are “out there” or crazy. This is one that should really be looked into. . . . While Manti Teo is a loved native son here in Hawaii he is also a fraud. The story about his girlfriend dying is completely made up. . . . The story floating around the island is this: Manti was [duped] by a man online pretending to be this girl, Lennay Kekua. Once Manti found out he had been tricked he made up the story that she died in order to ensure that no one asked questions and he never looked foolish.

The lucky reporter who fielded the tip was Jack Dickey, a 23-year-old wunderkind who was splitting his time between Deadspin and Columbia University, where he was halfway through his senior year. Within an hour of Deadspin’s receiving the tip, Dickey called dibs on the story and received a go-ahead from his editor, who teamed him with a second reporter, Timothy Burke, 34, a newcomer to the reporting game, having spent most of his journalistic career as a Ph.D. candidate in the field of “critical media theory.”

When Burke plugged “Lennay Kekua” into search engines, he found nothing but news stories about Manti Te’o and his dead girlfriend. Most of the stories, including those in The New York Times and on ESPN, rehashed the basics: 2012 was, to Lennay Kekua, the best of years and the worst of years. First she was in a car accident that left her “on the brink of death,” as Sports Illustrated put it. Months later, she was diagnosed with terminal leukemia—a prospect that would have proved devastating had it not been for the love of a good man.

The South Bend Tribune, having interviewed Te’o, detailed the moment young love had first bloomed, on November 28, 2009, after a tough road loss at Stanford: “Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te’o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes.”

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2022 11:23 PM

HUGE penis! Delish!

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2022 11:23 PM

In Sports Illustrated, a writer named Pete Thamel reported that, as Lennay lay dying in a hospital, Te’o routinely spent all night comforting her by phone from Indiana: “Her relatives told him that at her lowest points, as she fought to emerge from a coma, her breathing rate would increase at the sound of his voice.”

Increasingly, a couple of things jumped out at Burke. For starters, news accounts rarely agreed on even the most basic details pertaining to Lennay’s life and death: the date of her accident, the location of her funeral. Also, Lennay seemed to exist only within the context of Manti Te’o stories; otherwise, she was a person without any digital footprint of her own aside from the one thumbnail avatar photo that appeared in every news story.

Over the next five days, Team Deadspin assembled a bombshell so explosive that it would relegate to outlier status Lance Armstrong’s mid-January Oprah confessional about his use of blood doping. On January 16, Deadspin published the story, whose headline said it all: MANTI TE’O’S DEAD GIRLFRIEND, THE MOST HEARTBREAKING AND INSPIRATIONAL STORY OF THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON, IS A HOAX.

The article correctly pinned blame on a 22-year-old enigma named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a former high-school quarterback born and raised just north of Los Angeles. Starting in 2008, Deadspin reported, Tuiasosopo created a fake virtual persona—that of Lennay Kekua—by exploiting multiple social-media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. And the doe-eyed beauty seen in the avatar photo? Although Diane O’Meara did know Tuiasosopo from high school, she was neither Lennay Kekua nor a party to the hoax. Tuiasosopo had conned her into sending him a photo she thought would be used to cheer up a cousin injured in a car accident.

That Lennay was a fictive character raised questions about the veracity of Manti Te’o’s version of events. Obviously, there was no starry-eyed meeting in Palo Alto.

Also, Deadspin reported, “Te’o and Tuiasosopo definitely know each other.” As evidence, the publication cited friendly Twitter exchanges between the two. Te’o wished Tuiasosopo a happy birthday; Tuiasosopo addressed Te’o as sole—Samoan for “brother.”

Then came the money shot: “A friend of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo told us he was ‘80 percent sure’ that Manti Te’o was ‘in on it,’ and that the two perpetrated Lennay Kekua’s death with publicity in mind.”

The sentiment was widely shared. That afternoon, ESPN’s on-air news ticker shrank the story to a headline: DEADSPIN REPORTS: 80 PERCENT CHANCE TE’O INVOLVED IN HOAX. The ticker failed to mention that the claim was based on speculation by an unnamed source who proved to be wrong. Given that ESPN is to sports media what TASS was to the Soviet Union, nightfall brought a riot of screaming media attacks on Te’o.

Act III - In Which Manti Te’o Is College Football®

That college football is a professional sport masquerading as an amateur one has been a given since the 1980s, when top-tier football schools began making millions from ticket receipts, merchandising, donors, and TV revenue. By the 2000s, coaches of A-list teams—Alabama, Louisiana State University, U.S.C., Texas—earned upwards of $3 million a year. In 2012 the teams mentioned above made, on average, $45 million in profits. The figure would have been significantly higher but for the precipitous drop-offs in revenue at U.S.C. and Penn State, both of which are in N.C.A.A. prison—the former for alleged major recruiting violations, the latter for the Jerry Sandusky scandal. And, really, these are merely the two headliners in a period of widespread corruption wrought by the various moneyed forces—boosters, coaches, universities, media—who together compose the College Football Industrial Complex.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2022 11:24 PM

The Penn State scandal, being a textbook case of how not to handle an internal problem, also marked a sea change in the way both schools and players dealt with impending crises. To wit: Even before Deadspin revealed the hoax, both Notre Dame and Te’o determined to, in the words of Brian Te’o, Manti’s father, “get out in front of the story.” They had the advantage of time. On Christmas Day—three weeks before the piece was published—Te’o returned to Hawaii and told his parents, Brian and Ottilia Te’o, that his dead girlfriend had called to inform him that she was not really dead, that she’d faked her demise in order to fool murderous drug dealers out to get her. Also, Te’o told them, he strongly suspected that perhaps the girlfriend was neither dead nor alive, except in someone’s imagination. Or maybe not. At this point, according to Manti, he was as confused as they were.

The parents told him they wanted the hoax exposed, no matter what. They instructed Manti to lay it all out there to Notre Dame and to Tom Condon, a football superagent with whom Manti planned to sign immediately after the Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game. According to the family, Condon, who works for the Creative Artists Agency and represents New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, told them, “We’ll talk to our legal and P.R. departments, and we’re going to coordinate with Notre Dame. We’re going to come out with a statement and then we’ll see where this goes.”

For nearly three weeks, though, the story went nowhere. That this silence happened to coincide with the lead-up to Notre Dame’s biggest game in decades was, at the very least, noteworthy.

Only after the Deadspin story broke, on January 16, did Te’o and Notre Dame publicly acknowledge LennayGate. Te’o issued a written statement saying that he’d been duped and that he was embarrassed. Notre Dame’s athletic director, Jack Swarbrick, discussed the matter at a press conference. Fighting tears, Swarbrick called Te’o the blameless victim of a complex “catfishing” scam. But the press conference raised more questions than it answered. Most notably, Swarbrick’s time line seemed at odds with the one Te’o would provide two days later, to ESPN. He told the network that Fake Lennay had revealed herself on December 6; Swarbrick said Te’o hadn’t told Notre Dame until the 26th.

If the hoax had been revealed to Te’o on the 6th, and if Te’o purported to be a blameless victim, why did he say two days later, on December 8, to a group of journalists, “I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer.” It seemed suspicious, given that this was the day of the Heisman Trophy ceremony, when the winner was announced. And, not least, why the hell did the kid never once visit—or even Skype—a woman he had described as “the love of my life.”

If nothing else it was a new chapter in Notre Dame’s long history of self-mythologizing malarkey. (That I happen to be a diehard fan of Michigan—and therefore weary of all things Notre Dame, especially their dancing leprechaun mascot—makes this assertion pointed but no less true.) That “win one for the Gipper” speech in the 1940 Ronald Reagan film Knute Rockne All-American? Fictitious. Rudy, the 1993 hit about a tiny walk-on player who sees the field in the final game, a) was loose with the truth, and b) immortalized a guy, Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger, who was later accused of being complicit in a scam involving penny stocks. (Ruettiger admitted no wrongdoing and settled with the S.E.C.) In recent years, Notre Dame has stood accused of downplaying criminal offenses committed by its football players. In 2011 a star receiver convicted of multiple D.U.I.’s was quickly reinstated on the team. A year earlier, the Chicago Tribune had reported that a young woman, having accused an unnamed Fighting Irish player of sexual assault, faced a gauntlet of harassment and institutional resistance. (Notre Dame strongly denied that they were slow to act or that there was any cover-up.)

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2022 11:25 PM

Act IV - In Which Manti Te’o Is Here but Not

The Te’o family lives on the North Shore of Oahu, the Hawaiian vacationland famed for its beach houses, five-star resorts, and the surfing mecca known as “the Banzai Pipeline.” But trying to find the Te’os is to hear directions like “O.K., just keep heading east out of town, past the shrimp trucks, the pineapple plantation, and the cow pasture.”

There you will find Laie, a tiny coastal town with one stoplight and four houses of worship affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Laie being among the first beachheads established by Mormon missionaries in 1865.

Laie is also home to a small, one-story house stocked with large Hawaiian-Samoan Te’os.

[quote] “He was afraid to tell me he’d never met Lennay in person,” says Te’o’s father. “In the end, he didn’t lie to anyone except me.”

“This isn’t Honolulu,” says Brian Te’o, a gregarious bear of a man who works as an educational coordinator at the Punahou School, the private college-prep academy where Manti became a high-school all-American. Brian, too, is a former high-school football player. So are his three brothers.

“No liquor. On Sunday, nothing’s open except church, fishing, and our garage,” Brian explains.

Inside the garage is a typical Sunday luau populated by 20 or so of the Te’os’ closest relatives and friends. The group digs into a potluck feast of pork ribs, sushi rolls, poi doughnuts, and PowerAde sports drink. Everyone here believes the media coverage of the scandal is born of a fundamental ignorance about Samoans. “They don’t understand our culture,” says Manti’s uncle Ephraim Te’o. “This is the part we’re having a hard time with.”

“He’s a typical local kid,” says Manti’s mother, Ottilia, a tall, powerfully built woman who played volleyball at the University of Hawaii. She adds, “Fake Facebook profiles? Within our community, it’s not how our kids operate. They don’t set up a fake person. I don’t think that ever crosses their minds.”

The hoaxer, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, knew that Manti, being a traditional Hawaiian-Samoan, would trust anyone who came with the blessing of a close friend or family member. When Lennay first contacted Manti, she mentioned her connection to two people—a cousin and a football acquaintance—Manti knew and trusted. Both vouched for Lennay (even though, as it turns out, they’d met her only on Facebook).

That Manti never actually laid eyes on Lennay makes sense. Throughout most of their “relationship,” they were just casual friends. The actual romance lasted less than a year—during which Manti had only two opportunities to visit the West Coast. One of the opportunities fell by the wayside when Lennay abruptly canceled; Manti canceled the other. His parents had wanted him home, and Samoan sons do not disobey their parents.

“Our kids are raised to be obedient,” says Ephraim Te’o, Manti’s uncle. “They’re not raised to be skeptical. When you’re asked to do something, there’s very little to discuss.”

At great length, they describe the degree to which Lennay infiltrated not only Manti’s life but their own. On multiple occasions, they received calls or texts from her and/or one of her many siblings. After Lennay supposedly died, her “older brother” cried to Ottilia, “I don’t know how I’m going to handle this!” Notwithstanding Tuiasosopo’s claim that he alone perpetrated the hoax, the Te’os remain certain that they were hearing the voices of three distinct people.

“I talked to Lennay several times,” says Manti’s friend and former teammate Roby Toma. “She’d be talking to Manti on speakerphone, and she’d say, ‘How’s it going, Roby?’ Her voice was definitely female-sounding. I didn’t doubt her for a second.” He adds, “She called me to tell me Manti’s grandmother had died. I guess one of Manti’s family members had texted her. So she told me to go find him.”

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2022 11:27 PM

so handsome

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2022 11:51 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2022 11:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2022 11:53 PM

Lovers hugging...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2022 11:56 PM

I was molested!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2022 11:59 PM

The funniest sports scandal ever

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2022 12:08 AM

I'm alive!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2022 12:11 AM

Gurl!

Miss RuNaya's voice really does sound like a girl.

It's hard to believe they were both quarterbacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2022 12:22 AM

Lindsey Graham found a new girlfriend! It's Lennay!

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2022 1:27 AM

Can I have Lennay's phone number?

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2022 2:09 AM

FFS WHO NEEDS TO SEE THIS?

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2022 2:30 AM

What does he do now?

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2022 2:57 AM

[quote] What does he do now?

Not sure what Manty does, but Ronaiah is now a tranny living in the Seattle area, and working at Lowe's!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2022 3:44 AM

R24 Samoan men can pass as Samoan women quite easily.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2022 3:48 AM

R21 Shitflix is hard up for content, after strangers things they have ……crickets……

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2022 3:49 AM

Here's "Naya's" dance crew, R24.

I don't know. Some of them are passing, but some.... not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2022 3:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2022 9:30 AM

Haven't watched it yet but it's going to take a lot to convince me he didn't know

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2022 7:50 AM

Oh brother the Catfish they are trying to make look sympathetic with a sob story

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2022 8:11 AM

He's def grown into his looks. He's very handsome now. He's a bigun'

R28 Not sure why it would take "A lot of convincing" unless you genuinely don't want to be. This was catfishing before it was even labeled as such. Intricate and downright diabolical IMO. I can't imagine spending THAT much time and effort deceiving someone without getting ANYTHING out of it. Not sure who I felt sorry for more.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2022 10:16 AM

Imagine speaking English as a first language and watching Netflix in this day and age.

😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2022 11:58 AM

Shitflix has the scoop!

Really makes you think, brehs…

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2022 11:59 AM

well smell you r31, if it is too lowbrow for your delicate sensibilities. Netflix has had some great original series, you are missing out.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2022 9:50 PM

R30 Facial hair is good at hiding the ugly in most men.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2022 9:52 PM

R30 A girl I was friends with in college was catfished by someone, and when I found out that was my reaction as well.

Weirdly, I also went to Notre Dame, though several years before this guy AND the dude who catfished my friend is a tranny now too.

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2022 12:14 AM

TRANNIES!

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2022 12:52 AM

Has he come out of the closet yet?

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2022 1:15 AM

Naya is such a troll.

I'll bet she's a top, too.

Mantie definitely looks like a hungry bottom.

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2022 1:22 AM

All fat trannies/seacows are trolls and sex pests.

by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2022 1:23 AM

Made sense that he opted for a long distance relationship hoax or not so there will be no intimacy and can stay in the closet

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2022 2:26 AM

Always the trannys doing this mad shit.

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2022 2:36 AM

R41 Why are so many trannies fat? Is it hormones?

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2022 2:53 AM

R42 FAT bottom loons become trannies because they are always ignored by tops . They mistakenly believe tranny chasers will show them more interest.

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2022 2:57 AM

You got to get up pretty early in the morning to fool r40!

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2022 3:02 AM

Fat bottom seacows/trannies get ignored by tops constantly on grindr. The only time someone replies back to them is when they catfish straight men (gay tops can spot a catfish a mile away) That is why seacows always claim straight men treat them better than gay men.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2022 3:05 AM

The roommate from Notre Dame sort of pings.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2022 3:27 AM

R46 They were a package deal recruiting wise. Manti was a five star recruit while his friend was barely 2 star recruit. But Manti would not consider any school that wasn’t offering his friend/future roomate a scholarship as well. Notre dame offered them both, USC and Alabama would not.

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2022 3:57 AM

FB links are dead. What's the catfishing trans name?

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2022 4:14 AM

Big Samoan Tranny.

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote] They were a package deal recruiting wise. Manti was a five star recruit while his friend was barely 2 star recruit. But Manti would not consider any school that wasn’t offering his friend/future roomate a scholarship as well.

Like Brick and Skipper!

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2022 4:57 AM

R35 That's crazy!!

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2022 10:05 AM

I don't understand. Why do people think Manti is in the closet? Or is this the typical "He's gay" bullshit from the DL ancients?

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2022 10:14 AM

R30 Sorry but no. The truth is he used the girlfriend story to get sympathy, even if it was a catfish he used a non existent woman to gain popularity

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2022 10:19 AM

R53 "Sorry but no" What?

I mean...really? He was not some manipulative Kardashian media star looking to get clicks. He was a dumb, dogmatic footballer who thought the girl he was TALKING to had died on the same day as his grandmother and used that for inspiration when he played his dumb football game. Which is typical football fashion. He was already EXTREMELY popular.

WHY the cynicism? Besides the obvious

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2022 10:41 AM

R54 He talked about the girlfriend, he talked about the death of the girlfriend when he knew there wasn't any girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2022 11:08 AM

R53 I agree. I went through a rough time during my freshman year of college. I opened up to a friend and he stopped speaking to me, even though I had been extremely supportive when he was going through a breakup. I later found out that he used my personal problems to look like a good guy in front of others, including a girl that he had a crush on.

When I told others in our circle, he spread a rumor that I was "in love with" him. Which wasn't true. I wasn't attracted to him at all (he looked like an uglier Jesse Eisenberg), I just wanted to be friends like we had been.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2022 12:49 PM

My comment was meant in response to R54

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2022 12:49 PM

I'm watching this now. Teo is a total lunkhead. The tranny is obviously getting off on his scheme and shows no remorse at all.

by Anonymousreply 58August 25, 2022 9:36 AM

I'm watch the show now (episode 1) and Lennay seems too giddy recounting his/her exploits. Manti seems kind of excited at times to have the spotlight on him again. Sometimes it seems more like a performance. I don't know, the vibe is weird. Manti's parents and his best friend seem more believeable.

by Anonymousreply 59August 25, 2022 11:49 PM

I wonder how much he got paid to relive this experience

by Anonymousreply 60August 26, 2022 2:19 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 1, 2022 11:42 AM

He is starting to look like Hootie

by Anonymousreply 62September 2, 2022 12:47 AM

I bet he’s still a virgin

by Anonymousreply 63September 2, 2022 3:22 PM

[quote] I bet he’s still a virgin

His ass isn't a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 64September 2, 2022 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!