Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NBA’s Charles Barkley: ‘If you’re gay and transgender, I love you!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 17, 2022 8:39 PM

Yet he voted republican, the party trying to take away LBGT rights

by Anonymousreply 1July 16, 2022 9:40 PM

Gay is not in the same category as Trans. Fuck off, Charles!

Trans will not replace us!

by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2022 9:40 PM

Wish he'd said 'or' instead of 'and' because he's only talking to about three people with that 'and' statement. Does he have kids? Because that's usually the only thing that makes people talk like this.

by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2022 9:49 PM

I think that’s what he meant, r3. He’s not very smart.

by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2022 9:50 PM

He did not vote for Trump. There was an episode where he was joking about building the wall (Mexico border), right after the elections. He was roasting his cohosts (ESPN) about voting for someone based only on how much taxes they think they'd pay under the administration.

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2022 9:52 PM

Chuck has been pro gay for eons.

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2022 9:55 PM

You all need to look Barkley up. What he says makes sense—Black people get ignored until election years.

He usually votes Democrat, but criticizes both parties and their treatment of poor people and Black people. Read this article with his firsthand words rather than people on here saying whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2022 9:55 PM

Datalounge.

Always criticizing black homophobia. Here you have a black man being accepting of LGBT people and y’all are finding fault with that.

You gotta love DLERS….

by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2022 10:06 PM

I think it's lovely of him to say so, and I could not agree with you more R8.

by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2022 10:17 PM

I hope his friend Aaron Rodgers is paying attention!

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2022 10:26 PM

We need more vocal gay allies like him in the macho world of sports. Barkley does not give a fuck and speaks his mind. A lot of straight men behave homophobic due to peer pressure and trying to maintain s sense of masculinity. Kanye West is annoying but he was never homophobic and even criticized homophobia in rap and is good friends with the gays of the fashion world. Of course DL ignores this and we have apologists for types like Mark Wahlberg and Eminem.

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2022 10:37 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2022 10:41 PM

If you’re gay, ex-gay, I love you!

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2022 10:44 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2022 10:46 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2022 10:47 PM

Take this with a grain of salt. He says lots of things.

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2022 10:50 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2022 10:55 PM

Why do some of you just assume he voted for Trump without googling first?

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2022 11:00 PM

R16/17, then you're both idiots if you think that. He may not be very well-spoken, but he is definitely the anti-Herschel Walker and has always been politically-aware. Frankly, Barkley running for political office in Alabama would've made far more sense than that brain-damaged football player in GA.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2022 11:03 PM

I think he is well-spoken. If you've ever watched interviews of him, he has some well-reasoned answers to questions. No, I don't always agree with him, but I think he has some compassion and intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2022 11:05 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2022 11:07 PM

[quote]Take this with a grain of salt. He says lots of things.

Actually, he’s always been vocal about supporting gay rights - long before it was the “in” thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2022 11:35 PM

It is rather astonishing how many here are suggesting Barkley is somehow disingenuous, a "Trumper", or a Virtue-signaller. FFS. Such cynicism. He's a fine man.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2022 11:41 PM

Pro-trans is anti-gay. Can't be both.

by Anonymousreply 24July 17, 2022 12:23 AM

R24 This again? Seriously

by Anonymousreply 25July 17, 2022 12:24 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 26July 17, 2022 12:25 AM

Dwyane Wade, Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas all have gay sons that they totally support and have been for a long time.

Even that deplorable Herschel Walker fiercely defends and bankrolls that awful son of his.

by Anonymousreply 27July 17, 2022 12:26 AM

Herschel should take a page from that South Carolina lawyer’s book and get rid of Christian.

by Anonymousreply 28July 17, 2022 12:30 AM

Nothing 'again' about it, R25. Would you have been cheering this if he had said, 'If you are gay or a former gay, I love you!'? Trans is the new conversion therapy. Just ask Iran.

by Anonymousreply 29July 17, 2022 12:32 AM

R29 Iran forces gender reassignment on gays because it's a violently homophobic Islamic state government. The US is a secular Western society. Nobody is forcing anyone to be trans and it's still a small percentage despite what Fox News says. You're not convincing me with your irrational ideologies. Take it to Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 30July 17, 2022 12:37 AM

Just because it's voluntary (and with an agenda when it comes to the autogynephiles), doesn't make it any less of a conversion therapy. It's social contagion at this point. A huge percentage are doing it for attention and they are being given that attention which is reinforcing it. The number of girls transing in the UK has gone up 4000%...and that's not a typo. Eighty percent of the young gender dysphoric used to grow up into gay adults. Not anymore.

It is a concerted effort to erase gays and control women.

by Anonymousreply 31July 17, 2022 12:42 AM

I love how the anti-transers must come into a thread and make it all about trans. You guys are obsessed and derail every conversation rendering them useless.

by Anonymousreply 32July 17, 2022 12:42 AM

R31 Ok thank you for the lecture. Tell that to Charles Barkley yourself. Can we now go back to the conversation?

by Anonymousreply 33July 17, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote]Nobody is forcing anyone to be trans

Yet.

by Anonymousreply 34July 17, 2022 12:44 AM

[quote]I love how the anti-transers must come into a thread and make it all about trans.

Did you see the headline of this thread? White gay male progressives need to dial it back. Take a day off.

by Anonymousreply 35July 17, 2022 12:45 AM

If you're gay and transgender, clap your hands

If you're gay and transgender, clap your hands

If you're gay and trangender

you drain your pasta in a calendor

If you're gay and transgender, clap your hands.

by Anonymousreply 36July 17, 2022 12:47 AM

He also has called out - as bad tippers - Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, and Scottie Pippen.

by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2022 12:52 AM

Barkley is the one who brought up the trans. Part of the problem in this country right now is that the pro-gay people who would normally be on our side think they are supporting us by supporting the trans. They don't know any better and think being pro-trans is being pro-gay. They need to be educated that there is a big difference between those two communities and that a huge percentage of the T movement is anti-gay.

We're immersed in the gay community, so we know the difference. A lot of our allies are not and think they are helping us when they are actually helping one of the gay community's enemies. They might as well be supporting the evangelical conversion proponents. Both think of gays the exact same way, as something to be erased and replaced with brand new shiny heterosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2022 12:53 AM

You really think people who supported gay rights never supported trans rights until recently? Most people know the difference between gay and trans. You think people are that stupid to confuse them nowadays? What a pretentious ass you are, R38.

Evangelicals are a vocal minority and you're delusional if you think some redneck Evangelical would transition their child with all the costs it would involve and it would not be acceptable in their communities any more than if that child was openly gay. The disconnect with reality is so strong with the transphobes here..

by Anonymousreply 39July 17, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]Most people know the difference between gay and trans.

Completely false.

by Anonymousreply 40July 17, 2022 1:01 AM

People like this man think any effeminate man is a secret tranny.

by Anonymousreply 41July 17, 2022 1:03 AM

[quote]effeminate man is a secret tranny.

Many feminine gay men transition.

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2022 1:04 AM

It’s always so weird when an extremely feminine gay man can’t accept being gay, it’s always been so bizarre to me. I’ve encountered a few in real life.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2022 1:06 AM

[quote]The disconnect with reality is so strong with the transphobes here..

That’s rich. Trannies lecturing people about disconnects with reality.

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2022 1:10 AM

R39, reading comprehension is your friend.

Trans - converting gays into heterosexuals through "changing" their sex

Evangelicals - converting gays into heterosexuals through conversion therapy

Please, go ahead and explain away the 4000% increase in girls in the UK claiming to be trans AND the fact that before they starting medicating and cutting the body parts off of healthy young people, 80% of those who claimed gender dysphoria grew up to be gay. (But, of course, you won't.)

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2022 1:11 AM

[quote]Evangelicals

Someone posted that Evangelicals at one time supported transitioning as a way to “cure” homosexuals, but the transition surgery was too archaic and violent for them.

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2022 1:13 AM

R45 I know Evangelicals and was raised one. Trust me, they would rather have a gay or lesbian child than trans. Also The UK isn't a society with an Evangelical population like The US. Most British are irreligious. So how is that connected to American Evangelicals?

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2022 1:14 AM

Barkley’s always been good people when it comes to the LGBTQ community. He got the NBA to pull the All-Star Game out of North Carolina after the bathroom bill bullshit and was supportive of Jason Collins when he came out back in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2022 1:21 AM

Oh, yes. Alito was cool with the whole guys sticking their dicks into another guy's ass. It's when they started putting on dresses that his issue with homosexuality and non-hetero relations began!

I don't think there's a stupider group of people than those who hate trans so much that they've convinced themselves that the same Christian fanatics who took half the populations rights away over their own bodies and are now justifying making a 10yo rape victim go through with a pregnancy, are fine with guys fucking guys.

Morons.

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2022 1:23 AM

population's*

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote]Dwyane Wade, Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas all have gay sons that they totally support and have been for a long time.

Dwayne and Gabrielle transed their gay son Zair. He’s now Zaya.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2022 1:36 AM

R38 Perhaps Barkley does indeed love everyone, or wants and tries to love everyone. There doesn't need to be a political bent to any of this.

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2022 1:36 AM

Sorry, he was Zion is now Zaya. Zair is another of Wade’s sons.

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2022 1:37 AM

Look at all of these queens making assumptions about an athlete. Stick to Patti LuPone stories.

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2022 2:01 AM

Gabrielle Union push that kid in that direction so she could extend her 15 minutes of fame.

by Anonymousreply 55July 17, 2022 7:26 PM

Charles is a tranny fucker.

by Anonymousreply 56July 17, 2022 8:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!