Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Omnicron BA.5 is no joke

We are in trouble. Good luck getting people to boost up/ šŸ˜· etc. I dread whatā€™s common in fall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 17, 2022 12:02 PM

Nobody cares anymore, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2022 3:59 AM

I work in healthcare, as well as members of my family. One was working the ER this weekend in New Jersey and said cases have skyrocketed but that most of the people coming in presented with other issues and didnā€™t realize they have it.

I have two clients with this variant at the moment. One is older and one is younger. Both have had minor symptoms, a harsh cough and low grade fevers that never topped 101 and only lasted for a day or two.

It seems like this variant is extremely contagious but ultimately not that strong.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2022 4:00 AM

Thanks, China

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote] I have two clients with this variant at the moment. One is older and one is younger. Both have had minor symptoms, a harsh cough and low grade fevers that never topped 101 and only lasted for a day or two.

I'm just getting over it.

101 fever last week, that lasted for about a day.

After that, I had a sore throat, stuffed up nose, and now a cough (still a week later).

I took a trip to Vegas for the 4th of July weekend and two days after returning home I came down with Covid.

Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2022 4:08 AM

I am CONCERNED too, OP!

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2022 4:15 AM

The sooner the multi purpose broad spectrum vaccines to cover all covid variants are created and producded the better.They are in the research and development pipeline at multiple universities and pharmaceutical labs but the technology is still being explored refined and tweaked. In future we will likely need a booster jab annually but not because of changing variants but because the all variant vaccine needs a top up due to declining immunity.

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2022 4:17 AM

I have seen a surge of mask wearing in stores this week, I put a box of masks in my car now and will start to wear one.

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2022 4:19 AM

Here we go. The virus has learned to spread faster. All we need to do is wait till it becomes more deadly and KABOOM, people will be complaining about their rights not to wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2022 4:19 AM

OP, I would hate having your life. Being worried about everything all the time.

Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2022 4:20 AM

R8 that's now how viruses work. Viruses that become more deadly go extinct. They all become more contagious and less deadly over time.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2022 4:21 AM

I dread things common in the fall, as well, OP. Orange leaves, your whore motherā€¦

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2022 4:23 AM

r10, I waiting for COVID 22 to show up.

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2022 4:23 AM

OP is furiously jerking off to this.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2022 4:24 AM

How many boosters are we supposed to be up to in order to be fully vaccinated? Is it four or five?

It's endemic, not pandemic, now. Wash yer hands, etc.

One thing I wish we'd kept from the scary early days was the elbow bump rather than the handshake. It's just so silly but also sort of cool, and I hate hand-shaking. The germaphobes have a point about that. Most people don't wash their hands after the bathroom. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2022 4:25 AM

R8, I avoided Covid for two years.

Then on my two most recent flights, I sat in front of two pigs who were absolutely coughing their heads off, with NO MASK on.

They were both in their 20's. One male, one female. I put on my mask, but to no avail. I got sick any way.

I don't understand some people. These two were clearly sick. Not just a little sick, but REALLY sick. And coughing. With no mask.

I mean, WHO FUCKING DOES THAT????

The dropping of mask mandates assumed that people would still be vigilant, and at least try to protect other people if you yourself got sick.

But nope. People are fucking stupid and selfish, and they always fucking will be.

And this was on a flight to Los Angeles, where Covid numbers are skyrocketing.

When I saw that, I wasn't surprised at all.

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote]I dread whatā€™s common in fall.

Leaves. Dead leaves are common in fall.

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2022 4:27 AM

[quote] They were both in their 20's. One male, one female. I put on my mask, but to no avail. I got sick any way.

For the billionth time, the mark protects others. It doesnā€™t protect you.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2022 4:29 AM

^^^ mask

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2022 4:29 AM

I got covid in May but I do not know which variant it was. i didn't get tested, only did the home self tests and came back positive. i had the fevers, chills, muscle aches, coughing etc.

I was not boosted. I wonder if I should wait for the new version of the booster shot in the fall or should i go get the booster now? I heard the current booster isn't very effective.

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2022 4:30 AM

Yes it does.

by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2022 4:30 AM

you should have worn a face shield or eye googles.

I

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2022 4:30 AM

Actually, the correct mask does protect the wearer.

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2022 4:31 AM

[quote] I dread things common in the fall, as well, OP. Orange leaves,

Orange is a whorish color.

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2022 4:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2022 4:35 AM

r14 It will be annually or biannually like the flu jab.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2022 4:39 AM

That Fauci bitch needs to shut up for the rest of his life. Dumb bitch took paxlovid outside of guidelines and got bounceback Covid. Fuck off, old man. Are National Institute heads appointed for life or something? Is this like the SC? No one outside of the truly deranged--the types who got vax tattoos, that ilk--want to hear another thing from him. New blood, please.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2022 4:39 AM

R26, take a pill and go to bed.

What do you mean outside of guidelines? The man is in his 80s. That's the most "inside the guidelines" for taking Paxlovid possible.

Go back to your Oath Keepers mailing list, you bullshit-spewer.

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2022 4:45 AM

Fuck off, R27. He took it well after the guidelines for symptoms--nothing to do with age--and it fucked him up. And you can fuck off with your Oath Keeper shit, too. People from all over with all kinds of beliefs are sick of his ass. Go kiss your Fauci ouchie sites in quick succession you weak-minded simp.

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2022 4:47 AM

My triple vaxxed dad & stepmom both caught it & were sick for almost a week, theyā€™re both otherwise in great health.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m 4x vaxxed (all Moderna); I was going to wait on #4 until Moderna comes out with the Omicron-specific vax this fall, but opted to get the regular one about 6 weeks backā€”glad I did. I guess Iā€™ll get the superior one when itā€™s available, as #5, though #4 really did a number on me, Iā€™ve never had a more severe reaction to a shot.

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2022 4:52 AM

I really don't care anymore. Now I just live my life as usual.

by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2022 4:53 AM

I just got a monkey pox vaccine today, should I get a covid booster shortly after ?

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2022 4:55 AM

Which PROVES the vaccines are ineffective R29. I mean, how many more dozen vaccines will you need to feel 'safe'.

Meanwhile, people are going back to work, going to movies, ballgames, theater, eating out...instead of living in fear and believing the CDC cares about them.

Thanks R30. Me too. I swear the DL pays someone to post these new 'The Covid Sky is Falling' threads every other day...

by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2022 4:56 AM

MRNA is top trending for anti vaxxers. We are so fucked

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2022 5:06 AM

R32, it is crazy contagious and numbers arenā€™t being accurately reported because so many people are doing at-home tests. Itā€™s a weaker variant but people who are seriously at risk still should take precautions.

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2022 5:08 AM

R32, the vaccines keep you from getting seriously ill or dying you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2022 5:10 AM

r32 The vaccines for the most part make the symptons less severe and reduce risk of death.This is not the smallpox vaccine were infection is completly prevented.It has a taming effect and anyone who gets covid who has been vaccinated and becomes fairly ill would have experienced it much more severely if they had not of been vaccinated.The vaccines work as claimed in the way they always said they would work once discovered.

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2022 5:13 AM

Bring on the variant!

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2022 5:14 AM

R35, January called, they want their time machine back.

As R34 and all of science says, although it's very contagious, it's a weaker variant -- weaker than Omicron, and no one, vaccinated or not -- is dying from it.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2022 5:14 AM

As bad as Covid is, I think the jury is still out on the long term effects, I think weā€™ll be shocked in 5 years or so, I think lots of people who seemingly recovered will have some serious health consequences. Iā€™d rather vax to the max, myself.

by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2022 5:15 AM

R28, go back to 4Chan, micropenis

by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2022 5:16 AM

Anyone who says [quote]Fauci ouchie

is not here in good faith, nor do they take any precautions seriously.

by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2022 5:23 AM

Here's my thing: If you don't believe Covid is a problem needing mitigations, then why are you on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2022 5:24 AM

I love Faulk but think ā€œFauci ouchieā€ is cute, & loved Jimmy Kimmelā€™s Elf on the Shelf spoofā€”Fauci on the Couchie.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2022 5:25 AM

[quote]Go kiss your Fauci ouchie sites in quick succession you weak-minded simp.

I don't think you know this, R28, but calling strangers "simps" on the internet is actually the number 1 symptom of simp-dom. You should take an at-home test and isolate until your IQ rises 10 points and your gullibility fades.

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2022 5:29 AM

A colleague just got covid. She was extremely cautious for 2 years and then just let her guard down and attended a big family gathering over the 4th of July weekend. Lots of partying and drinking. Her Dad was playing golf with a bunch of friends who were already sick. He gave it to his entire family. Mom and Dad surprisingly only had mild symptoms, but the kids are all severely sick. Fever, cough etc. Lost her ability to taste and smell. She's been sick for over a week now and it's no joke. My boss is really angry bc she missed some important meetings and deadlines. Could potentially lose her job if she has to stay home much longer.

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2022 5:31 AM

Kill the fat deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2022 5:32 AM

COVID has been linked to permanent brain damage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2022 5:32 AM

[quote]I am CONCERNED too, OP!

However, I do think Covid-19 has learned a lesson and therefore I stand behind my decision and endorse it wholeheartedly.

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2022 5:35 AM

Interesting, R45. A healthy, normal weight 35 year old female friend got it from her 70 year old dad 2 weeks ago. He got over it in a few days, no real hardship, and she's still coughing her lungs up 3 or 4 times an hour. Said it's the sickest she's ever been.

I can't get myself filled to the brim with the new variant vax soon enough, tbh. Stick it in me, Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 49July 13, 2022 5:36 AM

That perfectly explains why I came down with Covid last week of April and then came down with it 2nd week of June. I thought I was like the Teflon Don and had good immunity for at least a few months. And no, it wasn't "rebound Covid," I took several negative tests prior to the 2nd week of June and all symptoms were gone.

Luckily, my symptoms were mild with the 2nd infection, except I did have a low grade fever for at least 2 weeks and big time fatigue for several weeks.

by Anonymousreply 50July 13, 2022 5:45 AM

Many believe that omnicron and monkey pox are reactias to the covid injectias

We do also

by Anonymousreply 51July 13, 2022 5:47 AM

R49 She is also in her mid 30s and triple vaxxed and said she's never been so sick before. She's the one who has always been cautious, staying at home when someone at the office tested positive, always wearing a mask everywhere, did not attend her families Christmas and Thanksgiving parties for two years. One weekend partying with family three years later.....boom.

by Anonymousreply 52July 13, 2022 5:48 AM

I am under 50 and have not been able to get my fucking forth shot yet! It is frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 53July 13, 2022 5:50 AM

Would all the Moderna recipients please continue to identify themselves so we know exactly how much more superior they are to the Pfizer recipients.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 54July 13, 2022 5:54 AM

Moderna - 2 vaxs, 1 booster (wasn't able to get 2nd booster before contracting 2nd infection as it hadn't been 4 months yet).

by Anonymousreply 55July 13, 2022 6:05 AM

Iā€™m Moderna-lover R29, was exposed at Thanksgiving but my (at the time) 3 shots kept me safe despite close contact & kisses & hugs.

Iā€™ve had 5 sex partners during the pandemic & have never caught it.

by Anonymousreply 56July 13, 2022 6:09 AM

Bump For scary times

by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2022 6:29 AM

This is just life now.

Be fully vaccinated, take reasonable precautions in problematic situations, and just get on with your life.

by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2022 6:36 AM

Why didn't Brandon protect us?!

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2022 6:43 AM

I agree R58. Remember in the old days (2021) when saying something like that resulted in everyone screaming RIGHT WING MAGA TRUMPER!!!!! It was ridiculous. It's nice to see common sense returning.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2022 6:44 AM

R60 The difference between then and now, is that there is now good vaccination coverage available and I also specified that one should take precautions. For me that means wearing a mask in certain crowded places like public transport, I'd also maybe not do certain things that can wait until this wave peaks. The truth is this virus is never going away and will constantly produce new variants throughout our entire lifetimes. Obviously if you have underlying health issues or are elderly you should take particular care.

by Anonymousreply 61July 13, 2022 6:49 AM

R61 I was AGREEING with you and pointing out that it's nice that people don't screech MAGA at people for not supporting stay-at-home lockdowns every time there's a another wave. Life is moving on and people just need to use common sense about protecting themselves and others. And the hysterics are free to stay home for another 20 years if they so choose.

-R60

by Anonymousreply 62July 13, 2022 6:55 AM

Yes I understand.

by Anonymousreply 63July 13, 2022 6:57 AM

Well, fuck. I was about to buy Reba tickets for my sister and I. I realize the pandemic hasn't ended, but I was beginning to somewhat quasi-relax a bit (anxiety). I've actually avoided contracting Covid in all of its forms, so far. I may save my money, and suggest we take some other kind of day trip instead.

by Anonymousreply 64July 13, 2022 7:00 AM

I've had two AstraZeneca, one Pfizer and just the other add a Moderna shot.

I've managed to avoid COVID so far but it is just a matter of time. I always mask up indoors and try to avoid crowds.

by Anonymousreply 65July 13, 2022 7:08 AM

Booster shots are no longer effective against BA.5. People who die are those who are meant to die anyway. It is what it is - a natural selection.

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2022 7:18 AM

I hope you're one of them R66.

by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2022 7:26 AM

Wouldn't BA.5 just die out if we threw it into a grease fire?

by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2022 7:33 AM

[quote]She's been sick for over a week now and it's no joke. My boss is really angry bc she missed some important meetings and deadlines. Could potentially lose her job if she has to stay home much longer.

Not if her doctor fills out the FMLA paperwork, which protects her from being fired. She can get up to 3 months off work with her job protected.

by Anonymousreply 69July 13, 2022 7:40 AM

I am so mad I am shaking.

My mom, 68 -- with early-onset Alzheimer's -- just texted positive yesterday. She is symptomatic.

I knew she and my dad had been vaxxed and boosted. When I asked my dad if she'd had the second booster, he said, "No."

I am fucking pissed at him and kicking myself for not insisting they get it. I have no idea why he wouldn't. They were first in line the other two times.

by Anonymousreply 70July 13, 2022 7:41 AM

^^^ tested

by Anonymousreply 71July 13, 2022 7:42 AM

I'm sorry about that, R70. I hope your mom will be OK. Can you get her Paxlovid?

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2022 9:46 AM

[quote]all of science says, although it's very contagious, it's a weaker variant -- weaker than Omicron, and no one, vaccinated or not -- is dying from it.

"Science" doesn't say that at all. At the end of June, the 7-day average of daily deaths was 375. As of yesterday, it's climbed to 410 deaths on average per day.

by Anonymousreply 73July 13, 2022 9:57 AM

r72 my dad spoke with her GP yesterday afternoon. I think she's going to put in an order.

I guess my ONLY consolation is that it appears the second booster isn't very effective against the new variant. I'm also worried about my dad testing positive now. A study showed a case of COVID increases the risk for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and stroke in older men.

by Anonymousreply 74July 13, 2022 10:09 AM

Omicron or not , please bring back social distancing and 6 feet space!

by Anonymousreply 75July 13, 2022 10:12 AM

r72 I'm just exhausted from worrying about her, every single day since March 2020. And so fucking mad that her last years on Earth are being marred by a global pandemic.

We were going to take a trip together out west during summer 2020, which obviously never happened. Now, she's in no position to travel anymore. My heart is utterly broken on so many levels.

And now, this.

by Anonymousreply 76July 13, 2022 10:24 AM

Fuck all of the haters in this thread OP. Their bridges must be under construction.

by Anonymousreply 77July 13, 2022 10:33 AM

One of my bosses just got back from a two week honeymoon in Greece. He tested negative for a week after he came back. Then he went to a family gathering where three people had symptoms. Both of his parents are sick and my boss is isolating himself for at least a week because he has a sore throat.

by Anonymousreply 78July 13, 2022 12:16 PM

Stop living in fear. We are all going to get Covid. Instead of trying to avoid the inevitable, just be brave and live your life.

by Anonymousreply 79July 13, 2022 12:45 PM

r79, that would be lovely r79, if it weren't for Long Covid and all the chronic horrors that come with Long Covid.

by Anonymousreply 80July 13, 2022 12:54 PM

I'm sure fatty R67 minger will die before me, because of her morbid obesity and diabetes. Keep lashing out, fat minger, but it will change nothing.

by Anonymousreply 81July 13, 2022 12:56 PM

Yeah. I can't just shut my business down for a week. I also don't want to be sick . It sounds awful and it fucked up my brother's heart and kidneys and he's in way better shape than I'll ever be

by Anonymousreply 82July 13, 2022 12:57 PM

Yes quit living in fear, everyone is going to get it.

by Anonymousreply 83July 13, 2022 1:19 PM

Headline is misleading. If you get BA.5 you mostly certainly will not be reinfected by BA.5

by Anonymousreply 84July 13, 2022 1:23 PM

R84 is lying. Reinfections are common, especially with the highly contagious strains now circulating. It's been shown over and over.

by Anonymousreply 85July 13, 2022 1:31 PM

Let me guess revenue is down and the papers have decided to amp up for the fear porn to get people clicking again. Covid is here, it's not going anywhere, do what works for you and stop worrying about what everyone is doing or not doing. You're not going to die and you are more likely to get struck by lightning than you are to get this mythical long Covid. Stop being babies.

by Anonymousreply 86July 13, 2022 1:37 PM

R85 and a few other real winners in this thread derive meaning in their lives from feeling like theyā€™re among the select few who take Covid as seriously as it deserves. However, this creates an existential challenge as the Covid threat recedes. Behold as they scratch at the walls of their self-made prisons until their fat fingers bleed.

by Anonymousreply 87July 13, 2022 1:43 PM

I donā€™t understand how so many of you are so cavalier about this. This is an entirely new thing with a lot of uncertainties. We donā€™t know if itā€™s going to operate the way viruses have in the past (e.g. growing weaker rather than stronger). There is growing evidence that getting constantly reinfected is really bad for basically your entire body. Long COVID has basically disabled some healthy people. This whole thing is still one big roll of the dice. Thereā€™s so much we donā€™t know. Itā€™s only been a couple of years, and things keeps changing.

by Anonymousreply 88July 13, 2022 1:54 PM

"[R84] is lying. Reinfections are common, especially with the highly contagious strains now circulating. It's been shown over and over. "

No, it's clearly in the article. The scientist is quoted as saying if you've had BA.2 you can be reinfected with BA.5 - 4 weeks later. A different strain of Omicron. Omicron reinfection is possible but not with the exact same strain. At least that hasn't been proven yet.

by Anonymousreply 89July 13, 2022 1:56 PM

R87 Why don't you let people decide, asshole? It's their health and none of your fucking business if they're concerned about a new variant. Get the fuck out of this thread and follow your own advice and live your life. Meanwhile the adults choose to have a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 90July 13, 2022 1:57 PM

^ and trust me BA.5 is horrible - I've had 4 shots and still got it. And my lungs are still iffy and I have zero sense of smell. I'm not mitigating the article - only pointing out the click bait aspect of it.

by Anonymousreply 91July 13, 2022 1:58 PM

R87, get well.

by Anonymousreply 92July 13, 2022 1:59 PM

long covid is the contemporary fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 93July 13, 2022 2:00 PM

[quote]I donā€™t understand how so many of you are so cavalier about this.

Being afraid isn't going to change one single thing. You can only deal with life as it is, not as it might be. Covid is going to do what Covid is going to do. If you need to mask and social distance, go for it. If you don't want to mask and social distance, go for it. Worrying about Covid (long Covid) is like worrying about being hit by a bus.

by Anonymousreply 94July 13, 2022 2:03 PM

I donā€™t think so, R93. I have an acquaintance who is a young marathon runner. One of those people who would piss you off with their energy. She got COVID this year and can barely walk for ten minutes without needing to sit. She sometimes even uses a wheelchair to get around.

by Anonymousreply 95July 13, 2022 2:03 PM

Itā€™s not about being ā€œafraid,ā€ R94. Itā€™s about being real. There are many who want to convince themselves that this is just a cold and that we can just wish it away for the sake of normalcy.

by Anonymousreply 96July 13, 2022 2:05 PM

Been wearing masks since day one and never wavered. You canā€™t say ā€œitā€™s overā€ and the virus listens šŸ¤¦šŸæ also shocking people act like itā€™s cool to get it and have ā€œmild symptomsā€ um dears, thereā€™s LONG COVID! Itā€™s no bloody joke! A friends father , normal healthy 65 yr old , got Covid from a cunt he was golfing with, heā€™s now in a wheelchair with long Covid effecting his walking (neurological issues). Covid is real. Covid kills. Stop the spread.

by Anonymousreply 97July 13, 2022 2:09 PM

[quote] Actually, the correct mask does protect the wearer.

An N95 is not a ā€œcorrectā€ mask. Itā€™s just one of several types. And itā€™s not proof against covid. It offers a small level of protection.

But any mark offers very good protection *to others.*

by Anonymousreply 98July 13, 2022 2:09 PM

R96, anyone who thinks it's just a cold is an idiot. But on the other hand some people are treating a Covid diagnosis or possible diagnosis as something akin to a stage 5 cancer diagnosis. It's not that deep. You need to take it seriously, but you also can't let it rule your life.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2022 2:11 PM

I care- some people get very sick still. And I prefer not to get sick at all. Wearing a mask indoors among people is not a very difficult to big to do-

by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2022 2:16 PM

[R35] you're the fucking idiot. I'm old, have had covid 3 times, never been vaxxed and it was never more serious than a fucking everyday cold. shove those jabs up your ass!!

by Anonymousreply 101July 13, 2022 2:16 PM

R90, my pointing out the truth isnā€™t precluding conversation. Hit close to home for you?

by Anonymousreply 102July 13, 2022 2:19 PM

r101

[quote]have had covid 3 times

You must be pretty fucking stupid...

by Anonymousreply 103July 13, 2022 2:26 PM

Hysteria! And just in time for the midterm elections!!

by Anonymousreply 104July 13, 2022 2:27 PM

How many stories of 3rd cousin's best friend's wife's secretary's sister's father in law's mother who was healthy and vibrant until the long Covid and now they're wheelchair and have lost their teeth stories are we going to hear? Those are all anomalies and we know nothing about their prior medical history. Please just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 105July 13, 2022 2:31 PM

But if I get a fourth shot now, will it protect me from this new variant? I thought they were still developing a vaccine for that.

by Anonymousreply 106July 13, 2022 2:32 PM

[R103] really??!! and what are you, a covidiot moron ready to shove the 5th booster up his ass? hope that in spite of having the 4 jabs, you get it really bad...

by Anonymousreply 107July 13, 2022 2:33 PM

[Quote][[R35]] you're the fucking idiot. I'm old, have had covid 3 times, never been vaxxed and it was never more serious than a fucking everyday cold. shove those jabs up your ass!!

You got covid 3 times and you're actually proud of this? Moron.

by Anonymousreply 108July 13, 2022 2:34 PM

I'm 4 vaxxed, probably had it last month but still wear my mask on the subway and crowded into places. Not in indoor places with lots of space and few people. Not outside. You take reasonable risks.

by Anonymousreply 109July 13, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote]people just need to use common sense about protecting themselves and others

The problem is, SO MANY people are *not* using common sense, and are *not* doing anything to protect themselves and others.

Wearing a mask is the bare minimum that people could do to help protect others and help curb the spread, and yet so many refuse to do it or treat it as some kind of extreme hardship.

Thus, COVID keeps spreading, and we keep getting new variant after new variant, constant spikes and surges in infection rates, already-exhausted healthcare systems being strained to their limits, nurses and doctors quitting their profession, etc.

And the road back to (a new) normal keeps getting longer and longer.

by Anonymousreply 110July 13, 2022 2:34 PM

[R39] or you'll have serious health consequences from all those poisonous genetic jabs...

by Anonymousreply 111July 13, 2022 2:35 PM

If you stay in your basement, you will never develop immunity by being exposed to the virus and deleting a fighting response, much like the boy in the bubble.

by Anonymousreply 112July 13, 2022 2:37 PM

[R108] who said I'm proud, asshole? just stating a fact.

by Anonymousreply 113July 13, 2022 2:37 PM

Almost everyone I know has had covid, both before and after vaccines. None of them have long covid. Where are all these people? Btw Iā€™m still masking and 4x vaxxed so donā€™t hate.

by Anonymousreply 114July 13, 2022 2:51 PM

[quote]really??!! and what are you, a covidiot moron ready to shove the 5th booster up his ass? hope that in spite of having the 4 jabs, you get it really bad...

I'm twice vaxed, no booster, been traveling the whole time and still never had Covid. You're just a stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 115July 13, 2022 2:54 PM

TBH getting covid made me terribly depressed. Part of it was just getting the virus (after avoiding it for 2.5 years and doing everything right) and the other part was realizing it wasn't just going to be a head cold. I thought I was superman but turned out to be just a weak human like everyone else. It's my top flu ever.

by Anonymousreply 116July 13, 2022 2:55 PM

how is someone a moron after catching a highly infectious airborne disease?

covid shaming?

get a life!

by Anonymousreply 117July 13, 2022 2:58 PM

This weekend I went to a string of small, locally-owned shops all in the same trendy strip and was disgusted to find the underpaid, overworked store employees wearing the strongest possible masks while 95% of their shithead shoppers were maskless (and, in two cases, hacking).

There's constant bitching on Nextdoor about how often these shops sometimes close abruptly for days at a time. But no one cares that many of those temporary closures occur when a staffer tests positive.

by Anonymousreply 118July 13, 2022 3:02 PM

I work for a chain of hospitals, overseeing ICU admissions. I'm seeing a shit-ton of people asymptomatic incidental positives, in people who have come in for totally unrelated issues like ulcers or car crashes, plus a worrisome number of people who've recently having COVID coming in with heart attacks, strokes, and other potentially related issues. So the new variant virus IS out there, there are lots and lots of people spreading the virus with no symptoms, so take precautions! Masks in public, and clean your hands at every opportunity!

We're also seeing a slow rise in COVID with respiratory symptoms, but so far most of the people effected have been unvaccinated or with pre-existing issues. But we *are* seeing some vaccinated people with respiratory symptoms, so again, take steps. THERE IS NO CURE, THERE'S ONLY PREVENTION.

by Anonymousreply 119July 13, 2022 3:09 PM

your hospital staff page please, r119.

by Anonymousreply 120July 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Lots of people in entertainment production have been getting it but haven't been very sick, more like regular flu. Some haven't even shown any symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 121July 13, 2022 3:15 PM

From teh article:

"Dr. Eric Topol, the director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla, San Diego, called BA.5 "the worst version of the virus that we've seen" in a recent blog post because of its ability to evade immunity and increased transmissibility."

BUT ITS STILL LESS FUCKING DANGEROUS THAN OTHER VARIANTS. The more transmissible viruses become the less fatal. ITS GOOD THAT ITS MORE TRANSMISSIBLE you hysterical cunts.

by Anonymousreply 122July 13, 2022 3:24 PM

R120. Why would would anyone post their personal information on an open forum?

by Anonymousreply 123July 13, 2022 3:42 PM

Why would people post long covid stories from FB or Nextdoor?

by Anonymousreply 124July 13, 2022 3:44 PM

We can't allow birth control pills because a fertilized egg might fail to implant in a uterus, but over a million people can die of a preventable disease and no fucks given.

by Anonymousreply 125July 13, 2022 4:55 PM

R1 - they will...

by Anonymousreply 126July 14, 2022 12:52 AM

R42, to try and argue some common sense with the morons who insist covid is unstoppable and getting worse and worse and worse.

by Anonymousreply 127July 14, 2022 4:37 AM

I tested positive earlier and I think this is the strain that has me sick right now. It's not as bad as when I first got covid, but I feel absolutely horrible.

by Anonymousreply 128July 14, 2022 4:47 AM

[quote]The sooner the multi purpose broad spectrum vaccines to cover all covid variants are created and producded the better.

Let me preface this by saying I'm triple vaxxed and pro-vaccine and wear masks and work from home now that my company allows me to do so indefinitely. I have not yet had COVID of any variant and hope to try to avoid it as long as possible though I'm not in a particularly high risk category.

Having said that, the reality is that this virus mutates very quickly and in unpredictable ways. Hence, there IS no broad-spectrum vaccine in development that can deal with even the emerging mutations - just up to BA.5, but there are new ones on the horizon that may render those vaccines drastically ineffective at best. SO FAR the new variants have been less deadly, in part due to public health mitigation strategies but in part due to their mutations. However, we have no guarantee that will continue to be the case, and "less deadly" is still very deadly to vulnerable populations which constitute millions of people.

COVID is unfortunately seemingly not going anywhere, and may get worse, and will continue to kill many people - some of them previously healthy - for the foreseeable future. I believe the science and that's why I wish the news was better. The only things we can do right now are to continue to get boosted when available, keep wearing masks, keep avoiding crowds, and hope that the buildings we live and work in have good ventilation.

by Anonymousreply 129July 14, 2022 4:49 AM

This is nothing new. You could always get reinfected....

by Anonymousreply 130July 14, 2022 5:24 AM

Great comment R129, thank you.

It's true that there is a general tendency for viruses to become less deadly as they mutate, but it's certainly not a hard and fast rule and there is a chance a Covid mutation would pop up that would be significantly more deadly. I will continue to get vaccinated, wear my mask and be responsible for my sake and that of others.

by Anonymousreply 131July 14, 2022 5:26 AM

[quote]you are more likely to get struck by lightning than you are to get this mythical long Covid.

My aunt, mother, friend, friend's brother, and my 12 year-old client all have long COVID. It's hardly "mythical." All of them had COVID more than once.

by Anonymousreply 132July 14, 2022 5:40 AM

I'm sneezing like crazy and that's irritating my throat. But it's hay fever season. No fever. Damn when this whole shot started in March 2020 I was checking my temp all day long. LOL! I have an old regular mercury thermometer. My doc says that's the best kind.

by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2022 5:49 AM

[quote]An N95 is not a ā€œcorrectā€ mask. Itā€™s just one of several types. And itā€™s not proof against covid. It offers a small level of protection.

The 95 means 95% of particulate matter is caught by the mask. It offers more that "a small level of protection.

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2022 5:50 AM

Are the symptoms the same or different for this variant?

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2022 6:12 AM

Yeah well I got vaccinated and then caught the thing and I keep getting the phantom smells (smelling a very particular odor that isnā€™t there). And then I got boosted and have avoided infection again. I believe in vaccinating, but it sucks to have this phantom thing still happening eight months later. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 136July 14, 2022 6:38 AM

Phantom thing? That sucks. Did you check the closet?

by Anonymousreply 137July 14, 2022 7:00 AM

by Anonymousreply 138July 14, 2022 7:16 AM

[quote]Having said that, the reality is that this virus mutates very quickly and in unpredictable ways. Hence, there IS no broad-spectrum vaccine in development that can deal with even the emerging mutations

There is one. It starts testing this Fall.

DL keeps having fits when I try to post a link, so just read up on 'pan-coronavirus vaccine'. It's from Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 139July 14, 2022 7:18 AM

testing on you!

by Anonymousreply 140July 14, 2022 7:26 AM

I assume you have never had any vaccines then, moron at R140? They were all tested on people.

by Anonymousreply 141July 14, 2022 7:29 AM

R139 no, the fall one is for BA.4/BA.5, not the ones being studied as emerging at the moment.

[quote]Are the symptoms the same or different for this variant?

It's my understanding that the symptoms for BA.5 are a bit different: most commonly, very sore throat (still), no congestion, faster loss of sense of smell and taste, and primarily gastrointestinal (both vomiting and diarrhea). I believe there is a higher incidence of cardiovascular issues as well.

by Anonymousreply 142July 14, 2022 7:32 AM

R142, you literally just had to google what I said to google and you'd see you are wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 14, 2022 7:37 AM

Surprised Moderna is not on a universal corona vaccine (at least from what I've heard).

by Anonymousreply 144July 14, 2022 7:39 AM

They are, R144. They're still in the preclinical phase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 14, 2022 7:44 AM

Again, there is a brand new variant, BA 2.75 a.k.a "Collossus", for which they've done very little sequencing, and which shows greater immunological evasion and "exponentially" greater transmission rates that is not (yet) included in the Pfizer "universal" vaccine pipeline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 14, 2022 8:27 AM

This doesn't mean that it will never have a vaccine, but as of right now, all vaccine production will be slightly behind the curve of new mutations dueo to production times and how rapidly this virus mutates.

by Anonymousreply 147July 14, 2022 8:30 AM

I have that internal vibration thing a lot of long Covid users have. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 148July 14, 2022 8:55 AM

r148 - can you explain what you feel?

I don't know if I have it, but it's constant fatigue, depression, lack of appetite (no more than 1 meal and a snack a day), muscle weakness. I also don't think I've gotten taste all the way back because I made a spicy Mediterranean stew with chili peppers the other night and although my body reacted in a hot way (sweating/hot), my tastebuds had no register. I also forget days/dates pretty easily (at 53) for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 149July 14, 2022 9:04 AM

I got my 4th shot back in April, and got Covid for the first time in early June after two years of being careful. Went to a big indoor party where I caught it, as did six of my friends. Had about 4 days of sinus congestion and sore throat and fatigue and mild fever. Never really a cough or loss of taste or smell, whereas some of my friends had those symptoms but not the ones I had. Itā€™s weird how this thing effects people differently.

I have been operating under the theory that Iā€™d have immunity for a while, but sounds like maybe not?

by Anonymousreply 150July 14, 2022 10:15 AM

r150 that's what i thought as well. I tested positive for covid on 4/27, but was clear (with several tests by the end of May/beg of June. Thought I was golden for at least 2 months, but I was wrong. I contracted it again mid June.

I'm masking in public for the forseeable future after having covid at least twice in a 6-7 week period.

by Anonymousreply 151July 14, 2022 10:46 AM

[quote] that's now how viruses work. Viruses that become more deadly go extinct. They all become more contagious and less deadly over time.

R10, past performance is not indicative of future results, as they say of shares. Still waiting for the less lethal version of Ebola for one and that has been around for long enough. One thing that medics stressed time and time again about Covid was that it was a novel virus and didn't behave like viruses before.

by Anonymousreply 152July 14, 2022 10:57 AM

Just getting over it. Caught it (first time) at NYC Pride. My main issues - throat congestion and loss of appetite. No fever, cough, pain, loss of tastr/smell - nothing else. I don't mind the loss of appetite (loss 10 pounds in 2 wks - perfect for the summer!), but hate the nagging throat congestion which I am still dealing with even after testing negative last Fri.

by Anonymousreply 153July 14, 2022 11:24 AM

[quote]that's now how viruses work. Viruses that become more deadly go extinct. They all become more contagious and less deadly over time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 14, 2022 11:51 AM

So nice to see so many Trump supporters with us today.

So sad to think many of you will not be with us shortly no, wait, that's nice too!

Remember - Trump likes a slick, glistening labial display, so be sure to stick a golf club up yourself and give it a solid half-dozen twirls before spreading your 300-lb legs at the next rally, girls!

by Anonymousreply 155July 14, 2022 12:06 PM

Some viruses become less deadly as they infect more people and mutate -however covid doesn't exactly behave like most viruses which is why there is some question as to whether it was studied and escaped from a lab.

by Anonymousreply 156July 14, 2022 3:39 PM

R146, what the fuck is wrong with you? Can you not read? This is not a "universal" Covid vaccine. It is a pan-coronavirus vaccine against all (or at least most) coronaviruses. The testing starts this Fall. Read the Nature link.

by Anonymousreply 157July 14, 2022 5:02 PM

Huh, people who had SARS back in the day and who now have had the mRNA vaccine have better antibodies, according to the Nature article.

by Anonymousreply 158July 14, 2022 5:46 PM

I just recovered from my only bout of Covid last week, and I'm sure I had the latest Omicron variant. I had had two booster shots, and because I have to take a blood thinner, they gave me Paxlovid right away. My Covid was just like a cold: I had two days of a runny nose and sneezing, and only one day of those with a scratchy throat, a dry cough and headaches. Then I was fine. It was not a big deal.

I may yet have Paxlovid rebound (though statistically that is very rare), but my experience of it at this point was pretty mild.

by Anonymousreply 159July 14, 2022 5:51 PM

THIS SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 160July 14, 2022 6:05 PM

If I catch it again, I am pushing for Paxlovid too!

by Anonymousreply 161July 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Yup next time I get it I'm asking for paxlovid too. I'm not fucking dealing with it again.

by Anonymousreply 162July 14, 2022 6:49 PM

Where go I get Paxlovid?

by Anonymousreply 163July 14, 2022 6:53 PM

All of you hysterical MARYs. I ~*wish*~ more people would die so there would be cheaper real estate and less fucking traffic. I could get a killing on a fucking new place.

AND I could then have the pleasure of no longer listening to you bitch and moan all the time about how your ninny nanny state isn't doing enough to ~*accomodate*~ your irrational fears: either via you dying or ME dying. Whichever.

Alas, this will not come to fruition because whether it's the BA.5, or the super-charge ultra, or the omicronomega meme strain it's *not* fucking deadly so I'm stuck having to see your ugly masked faces walking around outside showing the world how retarded you are, all while you try to shut down everything FUN.

by Anonymousreply 164July 14, 2022 7:16 PM

Shut down everything FUN, R164?

No one is preventing you from sucking your own shit off your father's cock, I assure you.

by Anonymousreply 165July 14, 2022 7:21 PM

Go drown yourself in your toilet, R165!

by Anonymousreply 166July 14, 2022 7:23 PM

And rob myself of the FUN to be had watching you do public anal insertions with fireplugs?

by Anonymousreply 167July 14, 2022 7:31 PM

I'm a good citizen who triple-masks everywhere to keep my community safe! I wish my government would beat corgis to death to keep us safe! Anything to stop the LONG COVID!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 14, 2022 7:31 PM

The irony of comments from people like R164 and R168. You know you sound way more hysterical than anyone else on this thread, don't you? You sound genuinely bothered by how other people are choosing to deal with Covid.

by Anonymousreply 169July 14, 2022 7:38 PM

I'm always amused that my wearing a mask makes trash like R164 shit blood.

Go lick your mother's juices of the stripper pole and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 170July 14, 2022 7:41 PM

R136 yeah, you can train your brain to stop remembering phantom smells. It is not long covid but sometimes your brain will remember things like an earworm does. My brain has phantom smells too. I have two of them. One of them Is the smell of the ocean and I don't want to get rid of that one because I don't live near the ocean anymore but the other one is the smell of my lunchbox from 64 years ago. Also a pretty pleasant smell. My friend lost her ability to smell anything for a year and was adamant that it was long covid aided by the many support groups and died 3 weeks ago from a brain tumor. If you lose your smell you should be on the safe side and check to see if you have a tumor. It is the first sign of a brain tumor.

by Anonymousreply 171July 14, 2022 7:59 PM

My sister and her family (husband and two kids) in LA just tested positive for Covid.

by Anonymousreply 172July 14, 2022 8:01 PM

R168 bathes in the blood of those around her whoā€™ve died from Covid

by Anonymousreply 173July 14, 2022 8:03 PM

No, I just think you look like a retard wearing a mask outside, R170. At least we don't have to see your ugly mug! <3

by Anonymousreply 174July 14, 2022 8:04 PM

covid deaths doubled in the USA for last week

by Anonymousreply 175July 14, 2022 8:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 14, 2022 8:11 PM

Bump for precaution

by Anonymousreply 177July 15, 2022 1:48 AM

But R177!!! You are against FUN!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 178July 15, 2022 2:03 AM

R149, I just feel like my legs and arms are shaking internally all the time. I don't notice it externally at all. Saw a nuerologist, he said it could be an essential tremor. MRI should no issues yet it still goes on. There was some article released around Christmas last year that talked about people with long Covid reporting internal vibrations.

by Anonymousreply 179July 15, 2022 2:35 AM

The FDA approved Novavax a few days ago. I don't know if it's approved as a booster for other vaccines or only as a primary 2 dose series, but it's what I plan to get before winter sets in. It's a vaccine made with traditional technology but is about as effective as the mRNA vaccines.

Meanwhile, I'm starting a new gig next week and was told to bring proof of vaccination and a mask. This won't involve working with the public, so I was a little surprised at this requirement. I guess shit is getting real again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 15, 2022 2:37 AM

^Whoops, link broke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 15, 2022 2:39 AM

Reporting r180/r181 for misinformation/broken links/fearmongering/lying.

by Anonymousreply 182July 15, 2022 2:40 AM

r164, you sure sound like a real prize.

by Anonymousreply 183July 15, 2022 2:47 AM

[quote] Where go I get Paxlovid?

You pick your own out in the Paxlovid patch, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 184July 15, 2022 2:48 AM

It's Gay Pride in San Diego this weekend, July 15-16-17.

Is this going to put a damper on my once a year night out of debauchery?

by Anonymousreply 185July 15, 2022 3:16 AM

These superlative sounding names for this god-forsaken, stupid goddamn virus is grating on my nerves- Omicron, Colossus! Next someone will come up with MegaRona or somesuch. Just stick to numbers - 1a, 1b, ... 99a,99b, etc.

by Anonymousreply 186July 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Right, like Monkeypox 69

by Anonymousreply 187July 15, 2022 8:48 AM

[Quote]These superlative sounding names for this god-forsaken, stupid goddamn virus is grating on my nerves- Omicron, Colossus! Next someone will come up with MegaRona or somesuch. Just stick to numbers - 1a, 1b, ... 99a,99b, etc.

Remember it was the South African or Indian etc. variant for quite some time, but that was apparently racist so now we have fancy names like Omicron and B.5.

by Anonymousreply 188July 15, 2022 8:54 AM

R185, MonkeyPox should've done that already, but yeah another thing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 189July 15, 2022 12:40 PM

I've travelled on the packed London Underground every day for the last nine months without a mask and have never caught covid. Sick of doom trolls like the OP.

by Anonymousreply 190July 15, 2022 12:44 PM

R185, Brigafuck?

by Anonymousreply 191July 15, 2022 12:48 PM

[QUOTE] Where go I get Paxlovid

Datalounge is not the place for illiterate spastics like you.

by Anonymousreply 192July 15, 2022 12:49 PM

R190 So live your life and stay away from this thread. Why do you have to comment and argue with a bunch of trolls? Hit the ignore button and fuck off. No one will miss you here.

by Anonymousreply 193July 15, 2022 12:49 PM

So what R190. I traveled to LA and did all the touristy stuff, AnimeCon NYC with tons of people, Broadway plays and concerts at Carnegie and did not catch it - until 3 wks ago. It is just a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 194July 15, 2022 12:51 PM

Los Angeles County likely to issue an indoor mask mandate soon.

"Health officials have long said the county was inching closer to the metrics for a new mask measure, and those warnings are now closer than ever as the latest COVID-19 wave continues to wash over the region.

Should L.A. County remain in the high COVID-19 community level, which is defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for the next two Thursdays, a new masking order would be issued with a likely effective date of July 29."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 15, 2022 1:20 PM

For you who have had Covid (or multiple times), have you got your head, lung, etc. medically checked up? It's not the actual flu-like symptoms-suffering (or not) but the permanent damage part that has concerned me the most since the beginning. Oh I have lived my life, travelling, eating out, etc. but stayed as hygiene-obsessed as ever and have no intention to drop physical distancing and mask and sanitising... Esp. places like underground are gross enough, packed worse.

by Anonymousreply 196July 15, 2022 1:42 PM

R196 - I am going to see an ENT about my lingering throat congestion issue. Maybe, they can shed some light beyond "take a decongestant/expectorant and wait it out".

by Anonymousreply 197July 15, 2022 1:46 PM

That's what scares me too r196

by Anonymousreply 198July 15, 2022 1:47 PM

[quote]I am going to see an ENT about my lingering throat congestion issue.

A friend of mine is going to the ENT today for his lingering head/ear issue -- still feels clogged up and it has affected his hearing -- three weeks after he "recovered" (or at least, tested negative).

by Anonymousreply 199July 15, 2022 3:09 PM

The CDC has raised the covid risk levels for three counties in Texas -- including Dallas County -- and recommends that everyone there wears masks indoors in public and on public transit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 15, 2022 3:28 PM

by Anonymousreply 201July 15, 2022 9:12 PM

Lol. Theyā€™re seriously trying to do COVID again. These peopleā€¦

by Anonymousreply 202July 15, 2022 9:20 PM

Does COVID itself - the virus, which we are now able to track incidences of and contagion levels etc. in a population - just not exist to people like R202? Do you just deny that masking mandates etc. have anything to do with the existence of a very contagious and sometimes deadly/serious virus? Is it your actual, sincere belief that a given population of people have just randomly, over the past couple of years, developed a fetish for asking other random people to wear masks etc.?

It's such low IQ conspiratorial bullshit to talk about "they" here. Ooooh, THEY want us to wear masks again! Who could say why?! THEY love masks and THEY love to ask us to wear them! No others reasons, nothing else going on here, just THEY trying to implement tyranny as usual!

by Anonymousreply 203July 15, 2022 9:26 PM

[quote]Los Angeles County likely to issue an indoor mask mandate soon.

This could get interesting. Long Beach (which is within LA County) has its own Health Department and doesn't have to follow the mandates issued by LA County. In the past, they have mostly stayed in line. But this time, rumor has it that may not be the case unless hospitalization counts rise to the level in LA county overall (currently they are much lower). Long Beach borders Orange County and lots of people are just going to start crossing into OC to do their shopping if LB re-institutes a masking mandate. OC won't do a mandate again. LB has a City Council and Mayoral run-off election coming up and nobody wants to see any negative impacts to local businesses.

by Anonymousreply 204July 15, 2022 10:05 PM

[quote]Los Angeles County likely to issue an indoor mask mandate soon

So many mandates and they still can't get it under control. Schools and hospitals, I get. But let adults make their own choices about their health. This has to be affecting tourism.

by Anonymousreply 205July 15, 2022 10:14 PM

It's time for the nanny-state bullshit to end. Early in the pandemic, it was appropriate for emergency public health orders to be issued. Now, two years later, we have vaccines and post-exposure treatments that are not perfect but significantly reduce the risk of hospitalizations and deaths, we understand how the virus is spread, and know that staying away from crowded public spaces is important for people at risk. Let adults make their own decisions and be responsible for the outcome of their choices. It is not the government's job to run people's lives for them.

by Anonymousreply 206July 15, 2022 10:21 PM

I have a friend who became positive again in a 60 day period!

by Anonymousreply 207July 15, 2022 10:23 PM

this is not the "i forgot my hiv undetectable meds" thread, r207.

by Anonymousreply 208July 15, 2022 10:26 PM

I dunno two plus years in and they still know very little about this virus. When I got it I actually had to go to reddit for anecdotal info because most of the shit I was experiencing had not been studied since 2020. So continue to mask up and try and avoid it as much as possible because we really don't know what the long term consequences might be or say maybe after 10 covid infections you just stop fighting it. Who knows?!

by Anonymousreply 209July 15, 2022 10:28 PM

Do what works for you R209.

by Anonymousreply 210July 15, 2022 10:36 PM

My brother believes he's had Covid at least 4 times in the past year and a half. Most of my family and friend have been infected, but so far, my sister and I have not. I honestly don't know why we haven't caught it yet. I've been out to eat in indoor places many times. But I do wear my N95 when I go into any store or indoor public place. I'm in LA but I disagree with the indoor mask mandates at this stage. Let those of us who are smart continue to wear them and stay Covid free and the rest who opt not to wear one at this point deal with Covid when they catch it. It's pretty ridiculous considering it's not as deadly anymore and has pretty much become something that can be survived.

by Anonymousreply 211July 15, 2022 11:45 PM

When a new virus hits a virgin population it causes more damage to people and it is usually old people that are 85 plus. years ago when populations got hit with a new cold virus a lot of people died. because a person's immune system doesn't fight off a virus that it has never seen before and doesn't know it is a danger to the body. But the cold virus is old now and the only people that die are old people who get secondary infections. Covid is the same. When it first hit more old people than usual died. Old people are weak and something eventually will kill them. The other group that got hit hard was diabetics. Diabetics have vascular problems and have a particularly hard time getting over anything. It takes a long time for instance to get over infections. I suspect that long covid hits people that have diabetes more often. This virus was pretty mild when it came to death. In the U.S. it killed a million but statistically, it killed less than 1%. 1 million out of 330 million is less than 1%. Worldwide it killed 6.3 million out of almost 8 billion. Because it is so contagious I believe almost everyone has had it but so many people, don't get symptoms at all and don't realize they have it. With every mutation, it seems to get less and less deadly. You have to remember that even though you don't have immunity for very long after you get it or get vaccinated, your T-Cells have immunity to it and your body knows enough about it to fight it off. Every cold virus that has come along had gone this way and they always become endemic. Covid seems to be settling down now and is becoming endemic. No one in my own county had died in months even though they are still getting covid and I live in a red county. No one around here wears a mask. When the Spanish flu hit it killed 1/3 of the world's population. Mostly 20-40 year-olds. There is way more hype and hysteria about this virus and long covid is being hyped. I suspect it is mostly diabetics who generally take a long time to get over things due to the vascular nature of the disease.

by Anonymousreply 212July 16, 2022 12:42 AM

R211, is anti vax Republican

by Anonymousreply 213July 16, 2022 12:43 AM

R213 eats shit for breakfast lunch and dinner.

by Anonymousreply 214July 16, 2022 12:44 AM

R214, eats shit from Trumpā€™s rectum with intense enjoyment

by Anonymousreply 215July 16, 2022 1:00 AM

People here are not wearing masks and I can't see them starting again. I went into the Secretary of State which was wall to wall people and only saw one old lady with a mask.

by Anonymousreply 216July 16, 2022 1:01 AM

The covidiot @ R206 as [bold]STATED HER MOTHERFUCKING BOUNDARIES[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 217July 16, 2022 1:05 AM

Hardly, r213. I've been vaxxed and boosted (twice). I'm all for vaccines. But I do enjoy the glee I feel whenever I read sorryantivaxxer .com and see another idiot MAGA dying from Covid.

by Anonymousreply 218July 16, 2022 1:32 AM

Has anyone got the 3rd booster. I got the first 2 but never got the 3rd. Wonder if I should get it now?

by Anonymousreply 219July 16, 2022 1:38 AM

Boosters donā€™t seem to help

by Anonymousreply 220July 16, 2022 1:39 AM

Thanks, r218. I forgot the name of that website.

It appears that the death rate has slowed down, but the fact is that most of the photos on that page read pure MAGA!

And their orange God is vaxxed and boosted. Fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 221July 16, 2022 1:40 AM

[quote] Boosters donā€™t seem to help

Tell me about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 16, 2022 1:51 AM

I wouldn't be unhappy if we had to go back to working remotely because of a highly contagious new variant. Going back to commuting has sucked.

by Anonymousreply 223July 16, 2022 1:53 AM

I enjoyed avoiding family get togethers, that is one thing I miss about the beginning of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 224July 16, 2022 1:57 AM

In this economy, no way will They shut us down .

by Anonymousreply 225July 16, 2022 1:58 AM

The genie is out of the bottle. The country is not going back to masks and social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 226July 16, 2022 2:06 AM

This shit is crazy. I avoided coffee, spicy food and white wine for 3 weeks - afraid it would make my post CV congestion worse, but nope - it cleared it up! IDK... whatever works!šŸ˜…šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

by Anonymousreply 227July 16, 2022 2:22 AM

the main reason we went into lockdown in the first was that the hospitals were getting overwhelmed. We don't really have extra hospital beds and when it hit there weren't enough beds available. Now people are not having to go to the hospital much anymore and the hospitals aren't being overrun. They don't need to lockdown now.

by Anonymousreply 228July 16, 2022 2:24 AM

My first three shots were all Pfizer (last shot back in November), and this thread has convinced me to get my 2nd booster this week. Should I get another Pfizer shot, or go with Moderna this time?

by Anonymousreply 229July 16, 2022 2:26 AM

I don't know about that R228. Hackensack Hospital Emergency was crazytown a week ago!

by Anonymousreply 230July 16, 2022 2:30 AM

I got my 4th Pfizer injection about 2 months ago.

How "protected" am I?

by Anonymousreply 231July 16, 2022 2:39 AM

[quote]How "protected" am I?

Generally speaking, with boosters you're quite strongly protected against severe symptoms, hospitalization, intubation, and death. Unfortunately you only have strong protection against infection for roughly 2 months after the booster.

The new strain is CRAZY contagious, possibly the most infectious virus in human history. Just take common-sense precautions.

Do I wanna hang out in a sticky, sweaty, slutty bar tonight swapping spit with a random fuckboi? Fuck yes. Am I? Fuck no.

by Anonymousreply 232July 16, 2022 2:58 AM

You diseased gremlins are sad saps who never built up a robust immune system. You drive to the office and sit in your cubicle, then come home and don't go out. Your reclusive lifestyles leave you without immunity to viruses.

by Anonymousreply 233July 16, 2022 2:59 AM

Drink bleach, R233.

by Anonymousreply 234July 16, 2022 2:59 AM

[QUOTE] Unfortunately you only have strong protection against infection for roughly 2 months after the booster.

Stop lying, troll.

by Anonymousreply 235July 16, 2022 3:00 AM

I ain't scared. I've lived a good life.

by Anonymousreply 236July 16, 2022 3:45 AM

R229, there is some research suggesting that mixing COVID vaccines like that gives you stronger immunity.

by Anonymousreply 237July 16, 2022 4:01 AM

Mixing vaccines doesn't give you stronger immunity, per se. To be precise, there is some cursory evidence that it may decrease your odds of death or hospitalization from disease by a percentage point or two. But it's a very small advantage.

by Anonymousreply 238July 16, 2022 6:30 AM

R155, once again people like yourself assume that anyone that isn't quadruple vaxxed is a rethuglican.

Check out the comments under this youtube video put out by the liberal news org 'Democracy Now', where they tried, belatedly, to say Joe Rogan should be silenced because...he's a racist, he's spreading "misinformation", blah, blah, blah.

The comments are from LONG-TERM SUBSCRIBERS, and 90-95% of them expressed shock and dismay and many said they're cancelling their support because of their blatant hypocrisy.

Read the comments -- even 5-10 of them, and you'll see you're wrong. A wide mix of people were/are angry about the one-note narrative that didn't allow any discussion or questioning that the CDC, etc., handed down. That's a fact, and it's just one more reason why the Dems will lose big both this year and in 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 16, 2022 6:32 AM

Some of you covid hystericals (the ones who want everyone to mask UP again, do lock down quarantines, whatever) need to drink some bleach and shove a nice big lightbulb right up your asses. The rest of us will use the same common sense we use when experiencing OTHER coronaviruses (you know, like the common fucking cold) and stay home for a day or two and get better and then get on with life. The hysterics about "long covid" (aka the new FIBROMYALGIA) are ridic. Don't bother posting "links" to try to "prove" anything about "long term covid".

by Anonymousreply 240July 16, 2022 7:45 AM

Basically the media and the population got bored with the war in Ukraine, so now COVID is back. I'm sure there will be a mass shooting somewhere this weekend and COVID will disappear again for a while.

by Anonymousreply 241July 16, 2022 7:48 AM

What a great life, huh R241?

by Anonymousreply 242July 16, 2022 7:55 AM

R241 you should put the monkey pox in the mix too

by Anonymousreply 243July 16, 2022 7:59 AM

yeah I forgot about that R243

by Anonymousreply 244July 16, 2022 8:12 AM

You have to remember that even though you don't have immunity for very long after you get it or get vaccinated, your T-Cells have immunity to it and your body knows enough about it to fight it off.

Odd that people are getting reinfected within the space of a few months, then.

by Anonymousreply 245July 16, 2022 11:58 AM

[quote]Let adults make their own decisions and be responsible for the outcome of their choices.

Tell that to all the exhausted and overworked nurses, doctors and the like, who have to treat COVID patients.

THEY are the ones struggling to manage "the outcome" of those choices.

by Anonymousreply 246July 16, 2022 12:47 PM

and their fat paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 247July 16, 2022 12:48 PM

Raise your hand if you're tired of healthcare ppl being hailed as heroes for staying in well paid jobs they've had 30 months to leave if it's oh so bad

by Anonymousreply 248July 16, 2022 12:59 PM

Bitter isn't pretty, R248.

by Anonymousreply 249July 16, 2022 1:17 PM

[quote] The hysterics about "long covid" (aka the new FIBROMYALGIA) are ridic. Don't bother posting "links" to try to "prove" anything about "long term covid".

Is that because you are TOO STUPID to read or appreciate the MEDICAL EVIDENCE about Long Covid, R240?

[bold]Denial [/bold]is obviously a River in Egypt for you.

You give yourself away with your Dee Plorable posts, R240.

by Anonymousreply 250July 16, 2022 1:31 PM

This time instead of encouraging the contards to get vaccinated letā€™s just not say anything and let them all die

by Anonymousreply 251July 16, 2022 1:48 PM

Long COVID is neither well-defined nor well understood, in part because the research base is still in its infancy. The term ā€œlong haulerā€ is broadly used to characterize individuals whose symptoms persist or develop outside the initial viral infection, but the duration and pathogenesis are unknown.

by Anonymousreply 252July 16, 2022 1:52 PM

R247 I think. you'll find the nurses all over the world are very poorly paid. And younger doctors working in the Public Health system wouldn't be paid much more.

by Anonymousreply 253July 16, 2022 1:53 PM

My partner had a mild case a couple of weeks ago. I, surprisingly, managed to avoid it. We're both vaxxed and boosted once. I had Covid back in January and wonder if some immunity factored into me not getting sick. Regardless, I've getting a second booster this week.

by Anonymousreply 254July 16, 2022 2:02 PM

Rational discussions about Covid are impossible. This has never been a disease; from the beginning it has always been a political wedge issue, and it continues to be. Neither side gives a fuck about science, it's all about I vote this way, so this is how I feel about Covid. Anyone with a moderate position need not apply to this particular issue.

by Anonymousreply 255July 16, 2022 2:08 PM

R255 ā€œthis has never been a disease.ā€

What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 256July 16, 2022 2:13 PM

i think the spanish flu was politicized.

by Anonymousreply 257July 16, 2022 2:14 PM

You're the idiot R256 since you didn't read the entire sentence. But you do you.

by Anonymousreply 258July 16, 2022 2:23 PM

Useful thread for blocking covidiots resurfacing like a raging case of herpes.

by Anonymousreply 259July 16, 2022 2:25 PM

I think the black plague was politicized.

by Anonymousreply 260July 16, 2022 2:31 PM

Vaxxed and boosted for the second time two weeks ago. Tested positive a week ago, despite wearing a mask when I go somewhere indoors. This version is rampant.

by Anonymousreply 261July 16, 2022 2:34 PM

I love the people who only want to live in an echo chamber and can't handle different views. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 262July 16, 2022 2:34 PM

R120 what is your problem? Who would ask someone to post their personal info so creeps like you can stalk and abuse them? Take them at their word and stop trying to bully people for info so you can scare them. Youā€™re a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 263July 16, 2022 2:39 PM

Bears repeating one more time:

[bold]VIRUSES DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHAT YOU BELIEVE.[/bold]

They're just a DNA cluster stuck in a tiny ball of fat. They're looking for an easy host to reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 264July 16, 2022 2:40 PM

ha, i don't take anyone's word for a fact on an anon message board.

ru new to the internets?

by Anonymousreply 265July 16, 2022 2:41 PM

Long Covid is real. This virus doesnā€™t behave like traditional organic viruses as it was produced in a lab to use as a bio weapon. We do not know the long term effects of any variant of Covid-19. Thereā€™s no need to keep boosting if you socially distance and ALWAYS wear a mask. The new variants become immune and sometimes become STRONGER with certain boosters. Just be smart about where you go, who you see and not exposing your nose and mouth. A mask is not hard to wear and theyā€™re designed for breathing just as a condom is designed for fucking. Both help prevent disease and virus (and pregnancy) the most effectively of all the ā€œpreventativesā€.. Doctors and Nurses use them for hours in operating rooms and never scream ā€œI Canā€™t Breatheā€. The wimpy COVIDIOTS decided to spread that fake narrative to keep them off the faces of people. Why? Who knows considering most people are FUGLY AS SIN and NEED a mask! šŸ˜·

by Anonymousreply 266July 16, 2022 2:48 PM

Seeing comments that " masks don't protect you, but protects others" is both ridiculous and telling.

Ridiculous - Ample evidence that wearing a well fitted n95 does afford the wearer some protection, although best if others wear a mask. So if you are only getting a percentage of protection one should say the hell with it?

Telling - The premise that wearing masks only protects others but not yourself tells us all we need to know about the largely selfish and ignorant US population. They won't mask because they don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Same reason that we cannot get an effective and comprehensive health care system or address climate change.

For myself, I have been vaxxed and boosted, Moderna. Fortunately, I am retired and am not forced to work in a public setting or use mass transit. I try to socialize outdoors in small groups (golf, walking, tennis). Mask indoors when shopping or in public buildings. On occasion I dine in restaurants , try to go during off hours when not busy. I try to mitigate my risk by limiting my exposures once or twice per week. I play cards with a group, we mask during high risk periods. I have traveled during a lull in cases last year by plane. Everyone was masked in airports and planes then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 16, 2022 2:59 PM

[quote]Seeing comments that " masks don't protect you, but protects others" is both ridiculous and telling.

I see comments like that as the often confusing and changing communications strategy of the CDC. Granted, in the beginning most scientists were feeling their way through this thing. The messaging has changed many times over the course of the last two years. Early on the messaging was clearly a mask protects others, more so than the wearer. I can't blame people if that early message stuck.

by Anonymousreply 268July 16, 2022 3:49 PM

R246, 2020-2021 called. They want their headline back.

by Anonymousreply 269July 16, 2022 6:37 PM

Iā€™m so amused that people are still invoking the tired nurses and doctors shit, which was largely a social media phenom created by drama queen healthcare staff. Nurses and doctors know that their jobs are to treat sick people. Unfortunately some of them also want tiktok and Twitter clout.

by Anonymousreply 270July 16, 2022 7:36 PM

Send R270 to the far end of the hospital parking lot triage!

by Anonymousreply 271July 16, 2022 8:03 PM

[quote]Let adults make their own decisions and be responsible for the outcome of their choices.

Fine, but the consequences of those actions will have to be a denial of healthcare if they get sick and are not vaccinated and being held financially responsible if they get someone else sick. Testing at the ER's entrance door. If you have it and are unvaxxed, you can just go home. People and employers can sue you for purposefully passing on an infectious disease. So, no mask or vax mandate but a denial of care mandate and the ability to be sued for being irresponsible in the face of a public health crisis because of your love of consequences as the sole way to deal with this. Deal?

Now watch this asshole go on and on about 'ma freedums!' even though he's the one who pointed out living with the consequences as their price to pay. It's easy to say that when you're not the one paying the consequences. Typical irresponsibe, entitled, and selfish asshole bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 272July 16, 2022 8:03 PM

Most people getting Covid today do not go to the doctor, let alone the hospital. I know 4 people sick with it right now and none have required a hospital. In fact, over the course of the last 3 years, only one person I know personally went to the hospital and he later died from it. But this was before the vaccines. When one of my family members got it, they were so sick they thought they were going to need to go to the hospital but they didn't. It took each person about a week to a week and a half to get better. At this point, the majority of the folks going to the hospitals are still the elderly and the non vaccinated. And I agree that anyone who isn't vaccinated and boosted should be denied care.

by Anonymousreply 273July 16, 2022 8:10 PM

"The new variants become immune and sometimes become STRONGER with certain boosters."

No, they become stronger because of reinfection in the unvaxed. I blame them. And fuck them very much.

by Anonymousreply 274July 16, 2022 9:31 PM

You're an idiot R274. And an angry one at that.

by Anonymousreply 275July 16, 2022 9:45 PM

R275, it is 100% fact that infection over and over produces these variants. Every single one of them. If you are unvaxxed, you are more likely to be infected. End of story. You are ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 276July 16, 2022 9:46 PM

and the vaxxed still get infected.

by Anonymousreply 277July 16, 2022 9:53 PM

They do, r277 but to to the extent that the unvaxxed do and the vaxxed aren't dying from covid at the rate that the unvaxxed were. R276 is correct. The variants are all happening due to the antivax movements around the world...because most people are fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 278July 16, 2022 10:02 PM

yes, read my post at r277.

it doesn't matter. you still get it. it can still mutate in both.

are you an idiot?

by Anonymousreply 279July 16, 2022 10:09 PM

Unreal that some people are still linking vax status with whether you get Covid. ā€œFacts be damned! I am going to stay mad and stay ignorant!ā€

by Anonymousreply 280July 16, 2022 10:12 PM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 281July 16, 2022 10:14 PM

You really don't know how the fuck to read, do you R280?

by Anonymousreply 282July 16, 2022 10:15 PM

I'm sorry your parents were hippies R280...

by Anonymousreply 283July 16, 2022 10:37 PM

Lots of self righteous asshats in this thread, screeching at everyone who doesn't share in their hysterical viewpoint. They sound like un-educated people trying to sound smart and be "right" about things (be sure to post in bold, all caps, and post a "link!", when in fact they sound like fools while calling other people idiots. The hypocrisy is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 284July 16, 2022 11:02 PM

It's the COVID threads where I'm reminded that so many of you get "witty" and "rancid cunt" all mixed up in your diseased little brains.

by Anonymousreply 285July 16, 2022 11:29 PM

R283, Iā€™m vaxxed in case youā€™re implying otherwise. The fact is that Covid scolds in the millions canā€™t accept that vaccines do a great job reducing symptoms but a terrible one preventing infection. Itā€™s too much for the scolds to hold in their brains, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 286July 16, 2022 11:41 PM

^r280

by Anonymousreply 287July 16, 2022 11:41 PM

The multiple vaxxed are now getting sick from this variant

by Anonymousreply 288July 16, 2022 11:48 PM

I'm not sure I understand why anyone is arguing with someone about not being vaxxed. My personal opinion is that you're stupid if you're not vaccinated, but I'm not going to waste time arguing with someone who isn't. What's the point? What I get annoyed with is the people who think that mask mandates are a solution to anything.

by Anonymousreply 289July 16, 2022 11:48 PM

R288 sick or on a ventilator? There is a very big difference.

by Anonymousreply 290July 16, 2022 11:58 PM

R289, if a disease comes along that has an 80% fatality rate and the vaccine was 85% effective in preventing spread, would you still not care if people got vaxxed or not, knowing that the unvaxxed are more likely to spread it? What fatality or disability level would be enough for you to give a shit about the community rather than just yourself? What if it had a 5% fatality rate for kids under 5 instead of people over 65? Is there anything for you that would make you believe that the good of the community outweighed the good of the ignorant?

by Anonymousreply 291July 17, 2022 12:19 AM

R291, I am old enough to know that an adult who doesn't want to do something isn't going to do it, no matter how right it may be for the community or him/herself and no amount of lecturing and nagging is going to change their mind, in fact they will dig their heels in even more.

The information is out there, they are literally giving away vaccines. What do you think lecturing these people is going to accomplish?

I am strong believer in personal responsibility when it comes to adults. I'm not going to tell a fat person to lose weight or a smoker to stop smoking or a druggy to stop drugging. They need to make those choices for themselves.

If you want to spend your precious time on this planet trying to get people who you don't agree with your way to see your way towards the light, then you have too much time on your hands.

by Anonymousreply 292July 17, 2022 12:40 AM

70 Million Americans refuse to get vaccinated

Which means only 66% of the USA has been vaxxed

by Anonymousreply 293July 17, 2022 12:43 AM

R292, they would if the consequences of not doing it were harsh enough. They needed to be treated like the giant, stupid toddlers they are. Instead they were coddled and like any coddled toddler allowed to get away with their tantrums, they turned into monsters.

by Anonymousreply 294July 17, 2022 12:44 AM

Meh.

Means more dead Trumpers.

I don't much care. Let them croak.

They're not exactly the sort of people apt to add anything to human experience in general, so we won't be missing anything.

Maybe some tattoo parlors will go bankrupt. That's about it for the down side.

by Anonymousreply 295July 17, 2022 1:22 AM

gays don't get tattoos?

by Anonymousreply 296July 17, 2022 1:23 AM

Read what I wrote and point out where I said gays don't get tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 297July 17, 2022 1:25 AM

you implied anyone with tattoos are tRumpers.

by Anonymousreply 298July 17, 2022 1:31 AM

I said tattoo parlors going out of business would be a down side, allowing for the fact that those who have tattoos who are not Trumpers will have to go elsewhere for same.

by Anonymousreply 299July 17, 2022 1:34 AM

R297 is blacked out.

by Anonymousreply 300July 17, 2022 1:34 AM

like his 90's biohazard trampstamp with a panther, his "spirit" animal.

by Anonymousreply 301July 17, 2022 1:43 AM

My four-year-niece now has the new variant. She caught it from another four-year-old she spends a lot of time with. She has a newborn sister. Her father and she are isolating in the basement, to protect the newborn.

by Anonymousreply 302July 17, 2022 2:44 AM

2.5 years into this and you fucking moron Rethuglicans still don't understand that your choices in this instance can kill other people. Or you do understand and you don't care because you psychopathic bitches are all in a death cult.

by Anonymousreply 303July 17, 2022 3:53 AM

Help! I cant get another COVID booster. The last one nearly killed me and my 80 year-old mother due to extreme sude effects. We both thought we wouldn't make it: tachycardia, loss of appetite, nausea and inability to keep food or water down, joint pain, muscle aches and inflammation. It was horrible. If this new variant cones, weā€™ll just have to suffer through it because another booster seems just like death anyway.

by Anonymousreply 304July 17, 2022 4:16 AM

COVID is over. It's every man for himself.

by Anonymousreply 305July 17, 2022 4:58 AM

Lots of posters obviously suffering from PTSD on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 306July 17, 2022 7:03 AM

So many Qanon fraus panicking over what is just a cold virus now. Pathetic how DL has been overrun with this type of hysteric.

by Anonymousreply 307July 17, 2022 9:16 AM

I'm pretty sure QAnon isn't the crowd worried about Covid. Quite the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 308July 17, 2022 9:27 AM

[quote]2.5 years into this and you fucking moron Rethuglicans still don't understand that your choices in this instance can kill other people. Or you do understand and you don't care because you psychopathic bitches are all in a death cult.

Look around you, it's not just republicans. Everybody is moving on. Go ahead and keep turning this into some kind of political litmus test and you will soon find yourself on an island all alone, which I think you'd like.

by Anonymousreply 309July 17, 2022 12:53 PM

You have to sort of wonder why R309 and his little proud boy pals are so invested in this.

If it really is just a handful of shut-ins...then why do they care?

by Anonymousreply 310July 17, 2022 1:03 PM

You clocked me R310. You figured me out. Oh boy, I feel burned with that little proud boy reference. But I will respond to this part,

[quote]then why do they care?

You know what, I don't care. Not really. And I really don't know why I keep posting in these threads because it really is just a circular fight now. The same people just arguing the same 2 points and people like you calling people republicans and proud boys, because you live in a bubble of who is supposed to believe what.

by Anonymousreply 311July 17, 2022 1:11 PM

R52 do you think it has something to do with the "original antigenic sin"?

by Anonymousreply 312July 17, 2022 1:19 PM

My entire unvaccinated family had it last week. Including my 85 year old grandmother. Its like a mild cold. No biggie.

by Anonymousreply 313July 17, 2022 1:22 PM

R313 says 800,000 people died from a mild cold, folks. No biggie.

by Anonymousreply 314July 17, 2022 1:25 PM

Yes, I am certain the bOOSTER is more dangerous than getting Covid. Give me a fucking break. Why are there so many fucking TROLLS

by Anonymousreply 315July 17, 2022 1:26 PM

IT IS JUST LIKE A COLD OR FLU

OH SO MILD!

THE VAXX IS TERRIBLE! THE BOOSTER IS WORSE!

YOU JUST WANT TO LIVE IN FEEEEAAAR!

WE HAVE TO LIVE OUR LIVES!

THIS VARIANT IS EVER SO MILD! IT IS A GENTLE KISS ON YOUR BUTTHOLE! NOTHING TO FEAR!

by Anonymousreply 316July 17, 2022 1:27 PM

Do they like hard lockdowns because their ancestors were used to prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317July 17, 2022 1:30 PM

R314 none of us got that sick. Sue us.

by Anonymousreply 318July 17, 2022 1:42 PM

R317 The Aussies crave a jackboot on their neck. Always have.

by Anonymousreply 319July 17, 2022 1:43 PM

Iā€™m fascinated by how hardheaded the Covid doom trolls are. Anything, anything!, that weakens their narrative is a thought crime and a definitive marker of the thoughtcrimā€™s entire worldview. Sad and annoying people.

by Anonymousreply 320July 17, 2022 2:35 PM

I had the misfortune of knowing this person.

Her two small children will be better off being raised by their father

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321July 17, 2022 2:43 PM

Bump Australia is doomed

by Anonymousreply 322July 17, 2022 3:14 PM

[quote]What fatality or disability level would be enough for you to give a shit about the community rather than just yourself?

Sadly, the whole "it's just a cold/flu" narrative has spread as fast and effectively as the virus.

Throughout the pandemic, I've said if COVID made you bleed uncontrollably out of your eyes, or caused instant (and permanent) blindness, EVERYONE would be scrambling to get vaxxed, would be triple-masked and would be keeping their distance.

by Anonymousreply 323July 17, 2022 4:11 PM

duh.

by Anonymousreply 324July 17, 2022 4:12 PM

R323 'if covd was ebola be people would be more worried."

You don't say, genius .

by Anonymousreply 325July 17, 2022 4:16 PM

R323ā€™s comment is one of the stupidest Iā€™ve ever read here, one of the dumbest Iā€™ve ever seen on the internet, really. And the confident toneā€¦what a marvel!

by Anonymousreply 326July 17, 2022 4:20 PM

Yowza -- I didn't mean to sound stupid (but succeeded, nonetheless, clearly!).

I'm not R289, and all I meant in response to the R291's question (which was actually posed to R289, not me) was that it's sad that it would apparently require outrageously severe side effects/consequences in order for some people to actually take COVID more seriously.

by Anonymousreply 327July 17, 2022 4:47 PM

r327 has a spreadsheet.

by Anonymousreply 328July 17, 2022 4:52 PM

Most Americans aren't very concerned about "brain fog" as they'd hardly notice a further drop in their IQs.

by Anonymousreply 329July 17, 2022 5:05 PM

[quote]Lots of posters obviously suffering from PTSD on this thread.

Not possible unless you don't know what the 'P' stands for in that acronym.

Case rates and hospitalizations are reaching January 2022 levels right now but you all prefer to live in fantasyland. Of course, it's only icky old people dying, so, whatever, right? I really think this entire thing would have gone differently if it harshly affected children instead of old people. This country is sick with its youth obsession. They'll gladly sacrifice their grandmother to not have to wear a mask or go out to the bars on Saturday and get drunk.

by Anonymousreply 330July 17, 2022 6:57 PM

Well do you want to take care of šŸ‘µ?

by Anonymousreply 331July 17, 2022 6:58 PM

We are so fucked

by Anonymousreply 332July 17, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote]Case rates and hospitalizations are reaching January 2022 levels right now

As long as it's not March 2020 when we knew nothing about this, then we're golden.

From the CDC website:

[quote]CDCā€™s Coronavirus Disease 2019-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network (COVID-NET) shows that overall rates of COVID-19-associated hospitalizations have increased since the week ending April 2, 2022. Notably, rates among adults ages 65 years and older have seen a sharp increase, from 6.7 per 100,000 population on April 2, to 26.2 per 100,000 population on May 14. These rates have remained elevated and relatively unchanged in recent weeks, ranging from 25.8 to 28.9 per 100,000 between May 14 and June 25.

In case you missed it, adults 65 and older. The same group that gets taken out by the flu and pneumonia every year.

If you're 65 and older, get vaxxed, wear and a mask and stay in the goddamned house.

by Anonymousreply 333July 17, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote] you will soon find yourself on an island all alone, which I think you'd like.

If you're young, I know of one!

by Anonymousreply 334July 17, 2022 7:31 PM

Me and my bf had covid a few times. Him 3x me 2x. Nothing but a minor cold. No long covid. We didn't get none of that shit. We moved on and if we get it again then so be it. A nuisance cold is not the fucking end a the world.

by Anonymousreply 335July 17, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote] I really think this entire thing would have gone differently if it harshly affected children instead of old people.

Yet another example of the stunningly obvious fact that if COVID were a different disease, people would have reacted differently to it.

Even without invoking blood gushing from eyeballs, it really is the same sentiment that someone else upthread called "one of the stupidest Iā€™ve ever read here, one of the dumbest Iā€™ve ever seen on the internet, really."

And yet people can't stop repeating it.

by Anonymousreply 336July 17, 2022 8:01 PM

[quote] I don't know if I have it, but it's constant fatigue, depression, lack of appetite (no more than 1 meal and a snack a day), muscle weakness.

Gurl, you got lucky with the loss of appetite! I have everything you have but I have unsatiated hunger and have been eating like Chrissy Metz on a stressful day. Vaxxed and double boosted (4 shots total). Got COVID for the first time last week.

by Anonymousreply 337July 17, 2022 8:10 PM

R335, remove your fist from your father's asshole and realize that your experience is not necessarily going to be any other given person's experience.

Otherwise we wouldn't be looking at almost a million deaths thus far.

You fucking idiot.

I love that narcissistic twats like R335 screech about their own experiences as universal...and then accuse others of living in a bubble.

by Anonymousreply 338July 17, 2022 8:21 PM

R335, do you and your boyfriend still have any of your original organs?

by Anonymousreply 339July 17, 2022 8:24 PM

I probably had Covid, and it was mostly congestion and a head cold. Big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 340July 17, 2022 8:27 PM

If you're looking for hearts and brains, you're shit of luck, R339.

by Anonymousreply 341July 17, 2022 8:27 PM

R340, I fucked your father and it was mostly three teeth and him saying five dollars please after we'd finished. Big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 342July 17, 2022 8:29 PM

Moron at R336, the point isn't about it being a different disease. The point is that because it only killed old people to a great extent, a whole lot of people didn't fucking care. It's an indictment of the horribleness of those people, idiot.

[quote]If you're 65 and older, get vaxxed, wear and a mask and stay in the goddamned house.

Like this asshole. Because, you know, no one under 65 interacts with people over 65 so who fucking cares about taking very simple precautions to protect themselves from possibly infecting those most at risk. Who cares if the old people die as long as these assholes don't have to do even the easiest things in the world to protect them. Selfish losers.

by Anonymousreply 343July 17, 2022 8:34 PM

R343 is olllllllld-old, bro. You can bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 344July 17, 2022 8:35 PM

R344, I'm in my mid-40s. Next idiotic, non-responsive comment as is usual for your type.

by Anonymousreply 345July 17, 2022 8:41 PM

R343 might not be old, but she's definitely the most vile cunt on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 346July 17, 2022 8:43 PM

R343 would be better suited to a ā€œpublic health expertā€ Substackā€™s comments section except for his need to feed his pesky addiction to self-righteous scolding. So he comes here. Eat up, piggy.

by Anonymousreply 347July 17, 2022 8:45 PM

[quote]Like this asshole.

Why do you have to interact with anyone over 65? Teach them to Zoom. Order their groceries on Instacart and everything else from Amazon. They never have to leave the house. What is this desperate need of yours to spend time with people at risk? They would probably welcome the break from your lectures.

by Anonymousreply 348July 17, 2022 8:47 PM

It's hilarious that none of you can counter what I said and can only name call...and do even that badly.

R348, thanks for sharing the fact that you don't give two shits about old people. Obviously, you've never bothered to help any of your older relatives and your parents are probably glad to not see you. Your answer is to just isolate them completely from their families and all activities in the world so you can go party without having to wear a mask when you are inside around other people. You are just proving my point that you don't care at all about older people.

by Anonymousreply 349July 17, 2022 8:57 PM

R343, what is your point though? Literally everyone is agreeing that a different disease would have provoked a different response. Is your point that the world isnā€™t perfect? That old people are frequently neglected and cared for less than children? Is that the profound statement that we are simply missing? That blindingly obvious insight is your magnum opus? Well then. We are in the presence of greatness.

by Anonymousreply 350July 17, 2022 9:01 PM

oldies go and your caregiving is done. cash that inheritance check!

by Anonymousreply 351July 17, 2022 9:08 PM

R350, the point is that these selfish fucks should know that they are selfish fucks and that their life philosophy of "I'm fine, fuck everyone else" makes them completely in line with the fascist scum they despise.

by Anonymousreply 352July 17, 2022 9:13 PM

Thatā€™s a stupid fucking point. And youā€™ve made it now. Feel better? No? Huh. Maybe look at that?

by Anonymousreply 353July 17, 2022 9:15 PM

R353, I'm sorry that the truth and facts are stupid to you. Do you just put your fingers in your ears or actually stick your head in the sand to avoid the realities of the world around them? Or, do you just shrug and say, "oh well". You are part of the problem. "Can't change it so I don't care." is also a shit life philosophy but go ahead and embrace it. Make your little world all good for you.

by Anonymousreply 354July 17, 2022 9:20 PM

R354, the conditions that gave rise to the Covid response arenā€™t partisan but everything is tribal to you. Thatā€™s one of your problems, a big one. Your condescending, world-weary, patronizing tone is another. Good luck with all of that.

by Anonymousreply 355July 17, 2022 9:32 PM

You don't think the Covid response was partisan??? That response can only come from someone on the Trump side.

by Anonymousreply 356July 17, 2022 9:34 PM

Every time I see a fucking covid thread here I thank whatever power is out there that I'm not American. You people really are insufferable. ALL OF YOU.

by Anonymousreply 357July 17, 2022 9:37 PM

Eat shit, cunt at R357.

by Anonymousreply 358July 17, 2022 9:49 PM

that's just some argumentative elder kook with multiple accounts.

by Anonymousreply 359July 17, 2022 9:51 PM

I remember the early 80s, when AIDS was ravaging San Francisco and the virus in the rest of the country would soon follow. Ten years later, some people would still have unprotected sex. They figured if the virus hadn't hit them by now, they're never going to get it. We all knew how wrong that was.

by Anonymousreply 360July 17, 2022 11:01 PM

Posters R1-R360.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 17, 2022 11:51 PM

[quote] I really think this entire thing would have gone differently if it harshly affected children instead of old people.

Oh, honey. The COVIDiots don't give a fuck about kids either. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 362July 18, 2022 3:58 AM

I took the nyc subway today. 80% of people were not wearing masks

by Anonymousreply 363July 18, 2022 6:01 AM

R360 Equating Covid with AIDS is as ridiculous as the moron above equating it with ebola.

It's neither of those diseases. It has a negligible death rate and most people are rightly sick of the hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 364July 18, 2022 9:04 AM

[quote]I took the nyc subway today. 80% of people were not wearing masks

Good for that 80%

by Anonymousreply 365July 18, 2022 1:05 PM

NYC subway in the summer, there are definite advantages to wearing a mask (odors being number 1). In the winter it's just smart to mask up on public transport. Who wants to get sick?

by Anonymousreply 366July 18, 2022 1:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 18, 2022 4:07 PM

Why are we comparing COVID with Ebola now!? Ebola is a hemorrhagic fever. COVID is primarily a respiratory illness. Not at all the same!

by Anonymousreply 368July 18, 2022 4:19 PM

It's a trip reading these threads, you get some information and a whole lot of entertainment.

My husband and I have been triple vaxxed, and we're waiting for the Pfizer shot in the fall for boosters. Despite being vaccinated and wearing masks, I have had Covid twice and my husband has had it once. First time I had it, I lost taste and smell and felt like going into the next room was like running a marathon. Just drained. Second time was much milder, and stranger. My sense of smell and taste would be gone in the morning, and back in the afternoon. This went on for three or four days. And I couldn't stop sneezing. My nose felt like it always had something in it that I couldn't get rid of. And the fuzziness. Someone asked earlier in the thread if there were people that had Covid more than once that had gone to their doctor, and yes I have. I have had blood work done, and the numbers are the same as pre-Covid.

by Anonymousreply 369July 18, 2022 5:05 PM

[quote]It has a negligible death rate

If you blithely call a million American lives and millions more around the world "negligible" you are a sociopath, full stop.

by Anonymousreply 370July 18, 2022 11:18 PM

A minimum of 52,000 people died of flu in the USA in 2017. Unless you were equally passionate about masking and vaccinating for their benefit call bullshit on your concern.

by Anonymousreply 371July 19, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote] A minimum of 52,000 people died of flu in the USA in 2017. Unless you were equally passionate about masking and vaccinating for their benefit call bullshit on your concern.

Since that's 1/20th as many deaths, can he be 1/20th as concerned?

by Anonymousreply 372July 19, 2022 12:13 AM

R371 That is the seasonal flu which also has vaccine which can be anywhere from as low as 20% to 85% effective from getting it depending on the annual strains. But many people get it, especially those who seem to get the flu regularly and suffer from it, or those who are older or have health issues. The difference with COVID is it about 10 to 50 times more contagious and 10 to 20 times more lethal depending on the strain.

What you appear to have is an illogical approach to what is reasonable and unreasonable, or you don't have the capability of critical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 373July 19, 2022 12:52 AM

R373 if seasonal flu made you bleed from the eyeballs you'd care more.

by Anonymousreply 374July 19, 2022 9:57 AM

The WHO said today that coronavirus cases have tripled across Europe in the past six weeks, accounting for nearly half of all infections globally. Hospitalization rates have also doubled, although intensive care admissions have remained low.

WHOā€™s Europe director, Dr. Hans Kluge, described COVID-19 as ā€œa nasty and potentially deadly illnessā€ that people should not underestimate. He said super-infectious relatives of the omicron variant were driving new waves of disease across the continent and that repeat infections could potentially lead to long COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375July 19, 2022 4:02 PM

R370, a million deaths out of a population of 332 million is less than 1/2 of ONE PERCENT of the US population.

In other words, 99.6 percent of the population hasn't died from covid.

by Anonymousreply 376July 20, 2022 12:08 AM

Er...blowing off a million deaths seems pretty cunty.

You know what libs hate? People who eat their own shit.

Maybe you should try that. Only kills a small percentage of those that do, after all.

by Anonymousreply 377July 20, 2022 12:13 AM

Don't worry, R376. The bats from Ghana are coming.

by Anonymousreply 378July 20, 2022 12:14 AM

R376 Too bad you weren't among them. Perhaps soon?

by Anonymousreply 379July 20, 2022 12:27 AM

[quote]In other words, 99.6 percent of the population hasn't died from covid.

Even fewer Americans have died of AIDS over the past 40 years.

Are you similarly dismissive of gay mensā€™ efforts to get the government to do something about it?

by Anonymousreply 380July 20, 2022 12:55 AM

The 1940 census counted 132 million Americans. About 298,000 Americans were killed in World War 2. That's about 2/1000. They must be insignificant as well...

by Anonymousreply 381July 20, 2022 3:04 AM

There you have it, DL academics: World War II was as bad as the common cold.

by Anonymousreply 382July 20, 2022 8:26 AM

The Bleed From The Ears Troll is hilarious. If there are ever cases of ebola in the US, he'll get so excited.

by Anonymousreply 383July 20, 2022 2:23 PM

[QUOTE] Are you similarly dismissive of gay mensā€™ efforts to get the government to do something about it?

You are clearly a frau. Untreated AIDS has a 99.9% mortality rate.

by Anonymousreply 384July 20, 2022 2:25 PM

Untreated AIDS mortality rate: 99.9%

Covid-19 mortality rate: 1.4%

by Anonymousreply 385July 20, 2022 2:30 PM

Bump and r385 is a trump supporter

by Anonymousreply 386July 20, 2022 2:38 PM

AIDS deaths in the U.S: 700,000 over the course of 40 years.

COVID deaths in the U.S.: 1.02 million over the course of 30 months.

by Anonymousreply 387July 20, 2022 3:16 PM

Shh, R387, maths hurts their wittle heads...also, reality and facts.

by Anonymousreply 388July 20, 2022 9:06 PM

someone I know got it. he had it for 17 days. took the pills and had a rebound.

by Anonymousreply 389July 20, 2022 10:55 PM

I heard someone got COVID in March 2020 and still has it.

by Anonymousreply 390July 20, 2022 11:45 PM

If, on average, about 1.5% of the US population dies per year, having an extra .4% die in a year is actually a pretty big deal, especially when you consider that COViD is the number one cause of death amongst 35-55 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 391July 20, 2022 11:52 PM

Life has a 100% mortality rate.

by Anonymousreply 392July 21, 2022 12:09 AM

r391, with all due respect, elder les , are you just using this as an excuse to stay isolated from society ?

by Anonymousreply 393July 21, 2022 12:36 AM

Iā€™ve been back in the office for over a year, go on vacation, eat in restaurants and attend shows so I am not sure I understand your question R393.

by Anonymousreply 394July 21, 2022 12:52 AM

"Hey, not everybody died!" isn't nearly the own that you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 395July 21, 2022 12:56 AM

Did someone "get owned?" I didn't see that.

by Anonymousreply 396July 21, 2022 1:07 AM

Aids killed young men. And it hit a much smaller population. It was statistically significant and much more deadly. Covid hit a population that is old and non-productive and basically a drain on society. We accept that a certain % of the population is old and nonproductive but most older adults would not be alive if it weren't for modern medicine. Most old people are being kept alive by meds or other intrusive procedures. Also by the time you hit 80, your chances of getting Alzheimer's goes up by 50% and keeps going up as you age.

by Anonymousreply 397July 21, 2022 1:11 AM

I don't think r393's "with all due respect" was sincere, r394/ElderLez.

by Anonymousreply 398July 21, 2022 1:17 AM

shit-stirrer cunt. no friends?

by Anonymousreply 399July 21, 2022 1:24 AM

Elderlez is a liar šŸ¤„

by Anonymousreply 400July 21, 2022 1:26 AM

No, r400/OP, she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 401July 21, 2022 1:34 AM

šŸ¤’ [italic] Nobody Knows nothing' Bout The Omicron.

by Anonymousreply 402July 21, 2022 1:39 AM

Elderlez is a nerd recluse

by Anonymousreply 403July 21, 2022 1:51 AM

Early reports are that many who are getting infected with the Omicron BA.5 variant are acquiring lower respiratory infection, which is the more severe kind.

by Anonymousreply 404July 21, 2022 1:51 AM

R404, I heard the opposite. Upper respiratory infections for Omicron BA.4 and 5.

"BA4 and BA5 variants target your upper respiratory system, causing common symptoms like congestion, headache and fatigue."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405July 21, 2022 2:44 AM

R404 Links?

by Anonymousreply 406July 21, 2022 10:06 AM

Elderlez is a sacred, protected poster, but if you want to upset her you should advise posters wanting a cat or dog to buy a pedigree kitten or puppy.

by Anonymousreply 407July 21, 2022 10:40 AM

All the Omicrons are cold viruses. And yes, the common cold can also kill the old and weak, but should be no problem to a healthy adult.

OP is clearly a fearful 85 year old. He used to be on the original covid threads two years ago squawking about children 'coming home and killing their grandmother.'

by Anonymousreply 408July 21, 2022 10:44 AM

R404 Here you go.

"BA.5 is different, according to a study published June 10 on medRxiv, a Yaleā€“ and British Medical Journalā€“affiliated website that publishes studies not yet certified by peer review. Recent reports show BA.5 shifting back to the lower respiratory tractā€”at least in animal modelsā€”ā€œwith a potential increase in disease severity and infection within lung tissue,ā€ researchers from Australiaā€™s Kirby Institute wrote. They referenced another May preprint study that found BA.5 and close relative BA.4 replicate more efficiently in the alveoli of human lungs than so-called stealth Omicron, BA.2."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409July 21, 2022 10:47 AM

If that's true, R409, and it goes along with continued increased infectiousness, this Fall is going to be fucking awful with filled up ICUs again. All because you morons couldn't wear a mask when in public around other people.

by Anonymousreply 410July 21, 2022 10:58 AM

Outside of my home I've been wearing a mask in closed spaces since March 2020, unless it's a large open inside space with high ceilings and sparsely populated.

by Anonymousreply 411July 21, 2022 11:35 AM

[quote]this Fall is going to be fucking awful with filled up ICUs again

Since you're looking into your crystal ball, can you tell me if I should sell or keep my Tesla stock? And if you have time, will manpris have come back in style?

by Anonymousreply 412July 21, 2022 12:27 PM

Manpris arenā€™t currently in style?

Ahh so I see the worst (and only) true would be pejorative claim about me is that I am a nerd. Yep, I am the nerdiest nerd that ever nerded. Generally speaking when discussing a topic that requires a basic understanding of math and science that is not considered a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 413July 21, 2022 2:12 PM

R409, that is animal models. What evidence for human subjects? Not saying it won't/don't happen, but it is not common in humans, if vaccinated - yet.

by Anonymousreply 414July 21, 2022 2:33 PM

Covid, monkeypox, now polio:

State and county health officials in New York announced on Thursday that a case of polio has been discovered in Rockland County, New York.

No polio cases have originated in the U.S. since 1979. The last time the virus was brought into the country via travelers was in 1993. Based on the strain of polio that was detected, officials believe the virus likely originated abroad.

Polio is considered to be very contagious, and symptoms can take up to 30 days to appear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415July 21, 2022 7:21 PM

where can we get the polio vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 416July 21, 2022 11:26 PM

You should have already received it as a child R416

by Anonymousreply 417July 22, 2022 12:27 AM

Most Polio cases these days are caused by the vaccine itself.

by Anonymousreply 418July 22, 2022 12:59 AM

Most Polio cases these days are caused by the vaccine itself.

by Anonymousreply 419July 22, 2022 1:00 AM

like covid!

by Anonymousreply 420July 22, 2022 1:02 AM

Sure enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421July 22, 2022 1:02 AM

And in London too. Due to the live virus vaccine used in Africa and parts of Asia. Pretty ironic that the vaccine is stopping the disease from dying out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 22, 2022 1:15 AM

some lucky cunt from CA got covid and monkey pox at the same time lol

by Anonymousreply 423July 22, 2022 2:52 PM

California man infected with COVID-19 and monkeypox: ā€˜Incredibly bad luckā€™

A California man contracted COVID-19 and monkeypox at the same time ā€“ a double-dose of misery that left him flattened for weeks.

Mitcho Thompson, of Sebastopol, told NBC Bay Area he initially tested positive for the coronavirus in late June. He felt decimated by the virus, but then started noticing small red lesions throughout his back, legs, arms and neck.

ā€œThe doctor was very certain that I have monkeypox and that I had both,ā€ Thompson told the station in an exclusive report. ā€œBecause that was the question. Could I get them at the same time? And he said, ā€˜Yes, yes, yes.ā€™ā€

Thompson said the twin viruses left him feeling as if he had a severe case of influenza. He also had a fever, labored breathing, chills, body aches and skin lesions.

ā€œReally sick,ā€ Thompson recalled. ā€œAnd the worst of it was honestly where I just could barely get out of bed, and you could barely like get a drink of water.ā€

An infectious disease specialist at Stanford University confirmed itā€™s possible for someone to become infected with both viruses simultaneously.

ā€œItā€™s certainly not impossible for that to occur,ā€ Dr. Dean Winslow told the station. ā€œItā€™s just incredibly bad luck. They are very different viruses.ā€

More than 2,400 cases of monkeypox have been reported nationwide as part of an international outbreak that began two months ago. The virus spreads primarily through skin-to-skin contact, but it can also be transmitted through linens used by an infected person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 22, 2022 2:52 PM

Partner has it. First time he ever got - double vaxxed. Got it on a work trip. I was around him all week and havenā€™t gotten it. Odd. I had Covid pre-vaccine and once post-vaccine. Perhaps thatā€™s given me some immunity? Iā€™ve been testing all week and nothing - even on PCR.

by Anonymousreply 425July 22, 2022 2:59 PM

r70 here: my mom had a pulmonary embolism last night (she had been treated with an antiviral), as a direct result of COVID.

She's expected to be okay, but she's still in the hospital.

Fuck every last one of you "COVID isn't that serious" trolls.

by Anonymousreply 426July 22, 2022 3:02 PM

Glad she's recovering, R426. Covid gave my brother a pulmonary embolism as well, even though he's on a blood thinner.

by Anonymousreply 427July 22, 2022 3:05 PM

Thanks r427

by Anonymousreply 428July 22, 2022 3:06 PM

I also had a 45 year old friend die from Covid. Before vaccines. He would have never died from a flu. Yes Covid is serious. But I think getting vaccines and being somewhat cautious is enough for me now. Iā€™ve gotten it after the vaccine. Bad and undesirable - but not deadly with vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 429July 22, 2022 3:14 PM

r429 did he have any preexisting conditions? (Just curious.)

by Anonymousreply 430July 22, 2022 5:55 PM

R425, of course, you have immunity. The only people who have no immunity are the ones who hide away from society.

by Anonymousreply 431July 22, 2022 8:29 PM

well, i'm just using it to excuse to get out of awkward social situations.

by Anonymousreply 432July 22, 2022 8:32 PM

Yes, with the umpteenth surge Iā€™m back to bailing on social activities lm not feeling by using COVID as an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 433July 22, 2022 8:56 PM

COVID vaccines causes the same amount of COVID protein spikes as the actual virus itself. Thus, you MAY experience similar symptoms to actually contracting COVID itself some weeks after vaccination.

If you are most unlucky to acquire ā€œLongā€ COVID, then you are simply fucked! You may suffer mild symptoms like loss of taste or smell for an undetermined period of time, or any assortment of crippling impairments/disabling effects for an undetermined duration of time. (Often termed ā€˜Long haul COVIDā€™). One can be a marathon runner and weeks later may find oneself barely able to stand without breathlessness. There are manual documented cases of long term COVID sufferers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434July 24, 2022 9:37 AM

Men also suffer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435July 24, 2022 9:41 AM

[quote] Omnicron BA.5 is no joke

Yet Kamala is giggling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436July 24, 2022 10:03 AM

R436, it's all she has.

by Anonymousreply 437July 24, 2022 1:46 PM

[quote] California man infected with COVID-19 and monkeypox: ā€˜Incredibly bad luckā€™

How is it ā€œincredibly bad luckā€ when you stack the odds in your favour by going to sex parties and bareback fucking with multiple people?

by Anonymousreply 438July 24, 2022 2:18 PM

And coming soon

Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever with approximate 30 per cent mortality rate found in Spain

by Anonymousreply 439July 24, 2022 2:20 PM

judge much. r 438?

by Anonymousreply 440July 25, 2022 12:28 AM

Gurls, is it a cold or Covid? I feel like I had the OG Covid when traveling in Jan 2020 but it wasn't a thing yet so who knows. Otherwise, I've avoided while traveling through Europe during Omicron. I'm a swimmer and I do get sinus infections from time to time when I'm swimming a lot. I have a runny nose, a mucous chest, but no fever and I tested negative today. No fever and I feel fine otherwise. I am supposed to travel this weekend, so I guess I'll just gauge it and take another test closer to Friday if things stay the same or if I get worse than get tested sooner. Sound like a good plan? Perhaps there is a summer cold going around San Francisco?

by Anonymousreply 441July 26, 2022 6:28 AM

R441: sore throat? That is usually a telltale sign for Omicron.

by Anonymousreply 442July 26, 2022 7:14 AM

It could be Monkeypox!

by Anonymousreply 443July 26, 2022 7:17 AM

[R115] eat shit and die, vaxx lunatic!

by Anonymousreply 444July 27, 2022 12:56 AM

This thread is now making me horny, which I use my right hand and certain toys to give me great sexual pleasure . Letā€™s utilize our imagination and self control and take a month break . Can you do that sex feign?

by Anonymousreply 445July 27, 2022 1:31 AM

No sore throat or body pains R442. Sinuses still blocked and light chest - another negative test today. Wouldn't I be testing positive if I have active symptoms at this point. I buy individual test instead of a pack to make sure a pack of two isn't defective. Not monkeypox! I haven't had any sex and I just got back on prep about a week ago so I could fuck. I haven't had sex since monkeypox was a thing so a while.

by Anonymousreply 446July 27, 2022 1:46 AM

Honestly unless you present with a fever I wouldn't even bother testing. I didn't test poz until my fever showed up.

by Anonymousreply 447July 27, 2022 1:50 AM

R447, that's interesting to hear. I had extremely mild but very Covid-like symptoms, though no fever, about 1.5 months ago. I tested negative for 2 days, my symptoms subsided, and I assumed it was just a passing cold. Hmm...maybe I got extremely lucky with a very mild case.

by Anonymousreply 448July 27, 2022 1:54 AM

I know R447, but I work in a office and I am supposed to fly to see friends this weekend. I don't want to be Typhoid Mary.

by Anonymousreply 449July 27, 2022 1:54 AM

^unless you're doing a PCR I think you need very specific symptoms with Omicron for them to show up on a rapid.

by Anonymousreply 450July 27, 2022 2:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 451July 28, 2022 9:58 PM

Gurls, I am feeling better after 4 days of what I think was a head cold. I have tested everyday and everyday I tested negative. I feel like the mood is definitely back to office and just pretend you are not sick like it was pre 2020.

by Anonymousreply 452July 29, 2022 6:27 AM

R449, or Typhoid MARY!

by Anonymousreply 453July 29, 2022 6:44 AM

Or Monkeypox MARY!

by Anonymousreply 454July 29, 2022 6:52 AM

THREE Canadian doctors from the same hospital died within days of one another; coincided with mandate of 2nd booster

Random events?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455July 29, 2022 6:57 AM

Statement from the hospital

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 29, 2022 7:00 AM

IMPORTANT Clarification from the hospital

[quote]

Trillium Health Partners

@THP_hospital The rumour circulating on social media is simply not true. Their passings were not related to the COVID-19 vaccine.

[quote]We ask to please respect their familiesā€™ privacy during this difficult time. 3:32 AM Ā· Jul 28, 2022Ā·Twitter Web App

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457July 29, 2022 7:02 AM

^ One does feel so much *better* and *reassured* after reading that Trillium Health Partners clarification

by Anonymousreply 458July 29, 2022 7:05 AM

R457, They denied it so then it MUST be true.

by Anonymousreply 459July 29, 2022 7:05 AM

R459: yes, as the replies to that Denial tweet indicate: the hospital somehow miraculously can rule out the vaccine as cause of death within the same week

Real efficiency at work!

by Anonymousreply 460July 29, 2022 7:14 AM

Interesting link regarding COVID-19 origin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 29, 2022 8:05 AM

R447 Sure Jan

by Anonymousreply 462July 29, 2022 9:48 AM

Interesting, r461.

I'm still intrigued by the lab leak theory. I don't know. ...just something.

by Anonymousreply 463July 29, 2022 9:53 AM

and all you old bitches that diss vegans and veggies.

by Anonymousreply 464July 29, 2022 9:57 AM

Scientists have not yet ruled out a lab leak due to its proximity to the Wuhan wet market. It would be reasonable that a lab worker could have contaminated persons at the wet market or inadvertently caused a contamination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465July 29, 2022 1:40 PM

[Quote] that's now how viruses work. Viruses that become more deadly go extinct. They all become more contagious and less deadly over time.

No, thatā€™s not how viruses work. While the variants that are more contagious dominate faster, thereā€™s no say that just because something is more contagious means itā€™s less deadly

by Anonymousreply 466July 29, 2022 1:47 PM

[Quote] yes, as the replies to that Denial tweet indicate: the hospital somehow miraculously can rule out the vaccine as cause of death within the same week

Yes, when someone has a heart attack, itā€™s because of clogged arteries, not the vaccine. If it were a known side effect of the vaccine, weā€™d have seen millions more heart attacks

by Anonymousreply 467July 29, 2022 1:49 PM

Fun fact: Mice studies showed that, after getting Covid 10 times, the mice all died

by Anonymousreply 468July 29, 2022 1:50 PM

[Quote] COVID vaccines causes the same amount of COVID protein spikes as the actual virus itself.

Um, no. The vaccine causes antibodies to the protein spike

by Anonymousreply 469July 29, 2022 1:51 PM

Details, details, R469.

by Anonymousreply 470July 29, 2022 1:52 PM

Link r468?

by Anonymousreply 471July 29, 2022 2:20 PM

Way way way way way way way (times millions) more chance of dying of COVID than the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 472July 29, 2022 2:22 PM

Just saying that the side effects from the COVID vaccine is no walk in the park either. It was shitty.

by Anonymousreply 473July 29, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] Scientists have not yet ruled out a lab leak

Yet consider how for so long the health agencies, media, and twitter acting in concert silenced and attacked anybody who even suggested it was a leak

by Anonymousreply 474July 29, 2022 10:35 PM

I agree that people were too quick to shut down the lab leak theory...but since then some pretty solid evidence has emerged that it came from the animal market after all.

by Anonymousreply 475July 29, 2022 11:25 PM

The lab leak theory may have been a possibility at first but when the MAGA right started pushing it relentless as a way to blame China (instead of Trumpā€™s incompetence), thatā€™s when it had to be shut down

by Anonymousreply 476July 30, 2022 12:21 PM

Investigations into the source of pandemics should never be shut down for political reasons.

The pathetic, xenophobic, racist, responsibility distracting messaging from the incompetent, defensive Trump administration needed to be shut down.

My money is still on zoonotic spillover, but I donā€™t think the 100 different type of lab leak possibilities have been entirely ruled out yet.

by Anonymousreply 477July 30, 2022 1:47 PM

Biden tested positive for covid again

by Anonymousreply 478July 30, 2022 6:49 PM

President Joe Biden tested positive for Covid-19 again Saturday morning, per a letter from presidential physician Dr. Kevin O'Connor, in what is likely a "rebound" Covid-19 positivity that the doctor noted is "observed in a small percentage of patients treated with Paxlovid."

Biden has experienced "no reemergence of symptoms, and continues to feel quite well" and will, as a result, not resume treatment, the White House said. O'Connor said the President tested negative on Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning and Friday morning before testing positive on Saturday morning.

"However, given his positive antigen test, he will reinitiate strict isolation procedures," the doctor noted. Biden ceased isolating on Wednesday after testing negative on successive antigen tests, celebrating his return in remarks from the White House Rose Garden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479July 30, 2022 9:23 PM

[quoteI dread whatā€™s common in fall

BeyoncƩ.

by Anonymousreply 480July 30, 2022 9:25 PM

[Quote] Investigations into the source of pandemics should never be shut down for political reasons.

The investigations all pointed away from a lab leak. It was the right that kept push even more investigations just for political purposes

by Anonymousreply 481July 30, 2022 9:48 PM

Whether itā€™s a lab leak or not at least people have samples of the pathogen to reverse engineer in the lab to enhance the vaccine development. It comes from patients so it canā€™t be a secret for long

Apparently this form of Covid the op mentioned has a high level of transmission but is not as severe once people catch it. That doesnā€™t mean it works that way for everybody. Covid is deadly for some and people need to take it seriously.

My concern is there is a good portion of the population that denies Covid exists, refuses to get boosters even if they got initial shots, and or never got any vaccines to begin with and have refused to wear masks. Otherwise known as vectors

These people need to understand that the strain that youā€™re talking about has a two week immunity time. In other words the people that say that theyā€™re going to rely on natural immunity only have two weeks from the strain that you mentioned in the original post. Think about that.

by Anonymousreply 482July 30, 2022 10:24 PM

how do vaccines stop it?

they don't.

by Anonymousreply 483July 30, 2022 10:28 PM

My friend, a doctor in a conservative area, says sheā€™s now seeing patients who have never gotten vaccinated against Covid get the new variant. All the signs and symptoms of the original variantā€”cloudy lungs, loss of smell and taste, strange oxygen levels, etc., are showing up in these people. At least now there are anti-Covid pills and better hospital techniques

by Anonymousreply 484July 30, 2022 11:09 PM

and vaxxed biden got it twice. your point?

by Anonymousreply 485July 30, 2022 11:11 PM

Rich people in Beverly Hills refuse masks so Los Angeles then drops plan to reinstate indoor mask mandate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486July 30, 2022 11:23 PM

[Quote] and vaxxed biden got it twice. your point?

And the infection was mild and he seems to have survived without any problems

by Anonymousreply 487July 31, 2022 2:59 AM

and he was still a vaxxed "vector" capable of spreading it.

by Anonymousreply 488July 31, 2022 5:00 AM

[quote] And the infection was mild and he seems to have survived without any problems

Which is what the vaxx is *supposed* to do, of course.

by Anonymousreply 489July 31, 2022 5:05 AM

[quote] and vaxxed biden got it twice

Are there still morons out there who think the vaxx is supposed to be a mini orbital laser battery zapping the virus before it enters your body so you wonā€™t get infected?

by Anonymousreply 490July 31, 2022 5:07 AM

r484

by Anonymousreply 491July 31, 2022 5:40 AM

We've been forced back into the office 3 days out of every week and I really resent it. And about two weeks ago, someone in our office -- who had just been talking to us in person the day before -- sent us an email saying he just found out he tested positive after attending a wedding, so the rest of us had to run out and get COVID tests to see if we'd been infected. Thankfully, most of us were not but it just brought home yet again the resentment I feel at having to be forced back into the office at a time when cases are going up just to do a job I can easily do from the safety of my home.

by Anonymousreply 492August 1, 2022 2:21 AM

[Quote] and he was still a vaxxed "vector" capable of spreading it.

Sure. Your point?

by Anonymousreply 493August 1, 2022 3:05 AM

Emerging evidence suggests that catching the coronavirus a second time can heighten long-term health risks.

A new pre-print study suggest that, compared with those infected only once, individuals who caught the coronavirus a second time were at 2Ā½ times greater risk of developing heart or lung disease and blood clotting issues. Subsequent infections also were associated with a higher risk of potentially serious health problems, as well as death from COVID-19.

Those with repeat infections had a higher risk of gastrointestinal, kidney, mental health, musculoskeletal and neurologic disorders, as well as diabetes. Moreover, the risk of developing a long-term health problem increased further with each reinfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494August 1, 2022 5:47 PM

Kaiser Health News:

Recent data suggests Long Covid may affect 10-33 million working age adults in the US, who experience a range of potentially disabling symptoms. Unknown how long it lasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495August 1, 2022 8:49 PM

Good for Beverly Hills in leading the charge against mask mandates.

by Anonymousreply 496August 2, 2022 12:51 PM

It shouldnā€™t matter if there are mask mandates. It shouldnā€™t matter that everyone you see are not wearing a mask. You can always wear a mask if you choose to for your own protection. Periodt.

by Anonymousreply 497August 2, 2022 12:55 PM

A friend works for CVS in Atlanta, and so many people are getting boosted. It's hard to get an appointment.

by Anonymousreply 498August 2, 2022 1:40 PM

R497 Masks are more effective in containing the virus in an infected person than they are from keeping a masked person from getting infected.

by Anonymousreply 499August 3, 2022 2:14 AM

Yay looks like Muriel has FINALLY lifted primetime which seems to have been "on" 24/7 for the last week or more!

Nobody really gives a shit about covid anymore. Los Angeles county declined to implement a new mask mandate, after multiple cities told them to fuck right off. Several city councils formally voted and declared they would not enforce a mandate even if the county put one in place. Two of the "County Supervisors" went on record they did NOT support a mask mandate and felt it would be disruptive and ineffective.

by Anonymousreply 500August 5, 2022 10:18 PM

Let's see what their tune is this fall.

by Anonymousreply 501August 6, 2022 1:15 AM

When the fuck are they going to let people 49 and under get a second booster shot? 50 has been the cutoff for months.

by Anonymousreply 502August 6, 2022 1:16 AM

Are they going to limit the omicron specific boosters to the over 50 crowd, too?

by Anonymousreply 503August 6, 2022 2:28 AM

Mother nature is done with us. This year we hit 8 billion and she said NOPE. Now we have Covid, Monkeypox, Polio, and hemorrhagic fever. Way to go, humans.

by Anonymousreply 504August 6, 2022 2:39 AM

Monkey pox is the new kid on the block!

How do we prevent this? besides not fucking anyone.

I mean, in public, wear gloves? wear long sleeves and pants?

by Anonymousreply 505August 6, 2022 3:05 AM

Um, wait, what is this hemorrhagic fever you speak of? Is that what we get from the Ghana bats?

by Anonymousreply 506August 6, 2022 3:05 AM

Covid is spreading like wildfire again, and the fall will be crazyā€”but most people are pretending like it doesnā€™t exist

by Anonymousreply 507August 6, 2022 3:11 PM

"Masks are more effective in containing the virus in an infected person than they are from keeping a masked person from getting infected"

That makes zero sense. You really need to think about that statement (which is false btw -and mostly because it's not only stupid, it's borderline retahhhded).

by Anonymousreply 508August 6, 2022 3:21 PM

R506 they found Marburg in Ghana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509August 6, 2022 6:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 6, 2022 6:54 PM

I hope he gets a second negative test since he won't be getting a second term.

by Anonymousreply 511August 7, 2022 12:32 AM

R508, you are wrong and stupid. Of course an infected person wearing a mask helps keep them from spreading it. The best situation is for both people to be wearing a mask but if you had to choose the infected person or the uninfected person to make it safer, the infected person should wear the mask. (Of course, they should actually have their fucking contagious ass at home but they're assholes so...)

by Anonymousreply 512August 7, 2022 3:14 AM

^uh think about the statement:

"Masks are more effective in containing the virus in an infected person than they are from keeping a masked person from getting infected"

If a mask reduces transmission of the virus from an infected individual why would it then not protect a person wearing the mask from getting the virus? That's why that statement was stupid. And you obviously have cognitive issues from not wearing one at some point.

by Anonymousreply 513August 7, 2022 3:29 AM

[quote] [R506] they found Marburg in Ghana

Interesting. Neighbour just returned from Ghana having been there in late June all through July until early August. [Sheā€™s a former Peace Corp Worker who married a Ghanaian.]

Donā€™t know exactly where she was, but she traveled all throughout the country to visit the husbandā€™s extended family. As an aside, she traveled to Italy for a 100th Birthday party for a family member on HER side of the family; and several family members contracted Covid there. Quite a few were down for the count in Italy, and she was terrified sheā€™d take Covid to Ghana. Now it seems this might have been the least of her worries.....

by Anonymousreply 514August 7, 2022 3:32 AM

[quote]Mother nature is done with us. This year we hit 8 billion and she said NOPE. Now we have Covid, Monkeypox, Polio, and hemorrhagic fever. Way to go, humans.

What did humans *do* to deserve any of these diseases? Also, gain-of-function research plus a lab leak, not Mother Nature, is probably responsible for COVID so, in that particular case...way to go (idiot) scientists!

by Anonymousreply 515August 7, 2022 4:21 AM

We don't do disease and sickness on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 516August 7, 2022 6:46 AM

Well, they drummed Covid right out of Hollywood! Can't bear to cover those enhanced faces!

by Anonymousreply 517August 7, 2022 6:55 AM

R513, the N95 masks are really the only ones that have been shown to make a real difference. The cloth ones -- in hindsight -- not so much.

by Anonymousreply 518August 7, 2022 8:35 AM

[quote] What did humans *do* to deserve any of these diseases?

Um, we've destroyed this planet with our arrogance maybe?

by Anonymousreply 519August 7, 2022 1:56 PM

What did we do to deserve it? Overpopulation for one thing. 8 billion is 7 billion too many. the planet cannot sustain 8 billion. Virus is nature's defense against man.

by Anonymousreply 520August 7, 2022 7:01 PM

ā€œCOVID is overā€ might trend within social media circles, but weekly U.S. death tolls tell a different story.

In July, more than 12,500 Americans died of COVID-19.

ā€œWeā€™re sitting on this horrible plateau,ā€ said Dr. Daniel Griffin, an infectious disease specialist with Pro Health Care in New York and a clinical instructor of medicine at Columbia University. ā€œItā€™s been this way for the past couple of months, and weā€™re getting used to it.ā€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521August 7, 2022 8:21 PM

I just am barely getting over this last generation of covid. I had the worst fatigue I have ever had in my life but the only other symptom was a constant runny nose and some breathing problems. I am not even sure about the breathing problems because I have COPD anyway but they seemed worse than usual. I was boosted only a month and a half before I became infected. Vaccines don't seem to be working at all.

by Anonymousreply 522August 7, 2022 8:45 PM

The first 2 strains of COVID were very lethal, the subsequent ones were more contagious but less lethal. The latest ones are more lethal because they are infecting the lower respiratory system .

by Anonymousreply 523August 7, 2022 8:46 PM

R522 The boosters probably kept you out of the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 524August 7, 2022 8:47 PM

R523, wasn't that disproven about affecting the lower respiratory system?

by Anonymousreply 525August 7, 2022 9:10 PM

[quote] Overpopulation for one thing. 8 billion is 7 billion too many. the planet cannot sustain 8 billion.

Our earth can handle, house and feed several times our current population, but not with the current levels of energy consumption and pollution. Overpopulation isn't the issue; resource distribution is.

by Anonymousreply 526August 7, 2022 9:41 PM

R526, you are an idiot who is the definition of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. Go read something beyond whatever fringe article you are repeating. The real science disagrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 527August 7, 2022 10:33 PM

R256 It is the same thing. The earth can only feed 1 billion without fossil fuels. We would still be a small population if we lived without fossil fuels. Big AG is responsible for overpopulation.

by Anonymousreply 528August 7, 2022 10:53 PM

The industrial revolution was the worst thing that ever happened to humanity and the planet.

by Anonymousreply 529August 7, 2022 11:02 PM

Excuse us?

by Anonymousreply 530August 8, 2022 12:37 AM

R521, put it in context. That's down from 70-75 thousand/month back in January-February.

And the total number of deaths in the US is still less than 0.4 percent of the population.

by Anonymousreply 531August 8, 2022 6:24 AM

COVID CASES USA 7-DAY AVG

118,432 AUG 04 2022

96,055 AUG 04 2021

DEATHS 7-DAY AVG

489 AUG 04 2022

415 AUG 04 2021

by Anonymousreply 532August 8, 2022 6:41 AM

[quote] And the total number of deaths in the US is still less than 0.4 percent of the population.

Just 1.03 million? Well that's OK then

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533August 8, 2022 7:06 AM

And, R532, those current case numbers don't include the vast majority of home tests. Some are saying that the real number of cases could be 10x the reported number.

by Anonymousreply 534August 8, 2022 8:04 AM

Perhaps that's true R534, but it still doesn't change the fact that 99.6 percent of the population hasn't died from covid.

by Anonymousreply 535August 9, 2022 8:03 AM

R535 Don't forget about the million suffering from long COVID.

by Anonymousreply 536August 9, 2022 9:27 AM

R536 Let's not be dismissive of all the millions of fraus cradling their mugs during their Fibromyalgia flare-up either. Or heaven forbid Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 537August 9, 2022 11:56 PM

Thanks reply 2, I hope you are right. It's been almost four months since our second booster and we're just waiting for the BA 5 updated booster which should be available in September. My partner's brother and family are currently in forced isolation aboard a cruise ship and have to prove negative before going home to Canada. Don't know why they chose to go on a cruise during a world wide pandemic, but people do strange things.

Should I get a Paxlovid script if testing positive at home? Do the old government issued Covid test kits still detect the virus?

by Anonymousreply 538August 10, 2022 1:45 AM

R538: The gov't tests in the orange and white box were accurate for me. Luckily, you can get Pax at your pharmacy (with a positive test and proof of age). I would def. take it - even with a rebound, the symptoms are shorter and less severe. May have kept me from congestion hell last month.

by Anonymousreply 539August 10, 2022 2:09 AM

Thank you for the information. Thank you, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 540August 10, 2022 2:12 AM

I'm leaving town on the 20th and I got my 4th shot today. Pfizer. So, my second booster. I caught Covid in January for the first time. it lasted about 8 days. Muscle aches chills feverl and a massive head ache. I tried to get a sore throat but it never caught on. No cough, no respiratory. Just drank a lot of fluids and took tylenol.

by Anonymousreply 541August 10, 2022 2:44 AM

China has discivered an entirely new virus in the past few days. Nothing to do with COVID as far as a know. This is something new. We need to keep our fucking masks and keep washing our hands and exercise judgement about where we go and when as far as public places go.

by Anonymousreply 542August 10, 2022 3:46 AM

Fuck China!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543August 10, 2022 4:50 AM

Why is it always China? The conditions in India aren't any better but they don't seem to produce these new diseases all the time.

by Anonymousreply 544August 10, 2022 6:54 AM

If China did indeed accomplish creating a new virus, I hope they repeat their attempts and once again fuck their own asses!.

by Anonymousreply 545August 10, 2022 10:36 AM

[quote] Why is it always China? The conditions in India aren't any better but they don't seem to produce these new diseases all the time.

There's no time when you are customer support 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 546August 10, 2022 12:27 PM

Is BA.5 over yet? Has a new strain emerged?

by Anonymousreply 547August 10, 2022 2:00 PM

R547 BA5 remains the dormant variant virtually well wide. Some others have emerged but have been out gunned by BA5.

by Anonymousreply 548August 10, 2022 2:13 PM

R548 'BA5 remains the dormant variant virtually well wide.'

O-tay.

by Anonymousreply 549August 14, 2022 8:36 AM

R537, 1996 called, they want their Time Machine back.

CFS is known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. It's real, and if we're lucky, you'll get it.

by Anonymousreply 550August 14, 2022 8:38 AM

R49 I meant dominnant.

by Anonymousreply 551August 14, 2022 8:39 AM

[quote] [R537], 1996 called, they want their Time Machine back. CFS is known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. It's real, and if we're lucky, you'll get it.

R550, R537 is an ignorant buffoon: on the level of QAnon/Trumplandia Delusional.

R537 refuses to acknowledge science (which is DEMONSTRATING the pathology of Long Covid via vasculitis) and instead spouts their own claptrap to support their backward beliefs.

tl;dr R537 is an ignorant, uninformed troll. Block and F&F.

by Anonymousreply 552August 14, 2022 2:42 PM

So Iā€™m someone who never had covid. I recently went to the doctor for a check up and he ran an antibody test and covidsab screen. I was positive with a >250.00 spike protein. I took the vaccine in 3/2021 and never did anything else as far more shots like boosters. So I am surprised the vaccination lasted so long considering what theyā€™ve said. There doesnā€™t seem to be a need for a booster either (under 50 here).

by Anonymousreply 553August 14, 2022 2:51 PM

But look 35, right?

by Anonymousreply 554August 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Go get all your boostersā€¦.more boosters and vaccines will make sure you donā€™t get or spread covidā€¦I swear. Donā€™t believe me, watch the news that I sponsor and listen to the politicians I donate to. Thank you and god speed.

by Anonymousreply 555August 14, 2022 3:02 PM

I just got my 4th Pfizer. I now have 2 boosters. And I intend to mask at the supermarket and the Mall and I'm fine with that because there are too many people who are not fully vaccinated. So you do you and I will mask and wash my hands frequently as needed.

by Anonymousreply 556August 14, 2022 3:13 PM

R556 Must be hard to drink the kool-aid with a mask on 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 557August 15, 2022 12:43 AM

R557, you do realize it's the idiots who've been pretending it's over since it started that are part of a cult, right? Everyone should be wearing a mask in a public setting when they are around other people and everyone should be fully vaccinated. Those are the sane positions. Anything else and you are either a Trumpie moron or a moron who doesn't realize he's acting like a Trumpie moron.

by Anonymousreply 558August 15, 2022 12:54 AM

[quote] Why is it always China? The conditions in India aren't any better but they don't seem to produce these new diseases all the time.

Because Indians donā€™t try to eat any and every fucking animal that crosses their paths, thatā€™s why R544!

by Anonymousreply 559August 15, 2022 12:56 AM

Actually R558, you're misinformed. While yes, some Trumpers early on were spouting nonsense without anything to back it up, in the last 18 months Independents and many Democrats (look at LA and SF) realized "the science" wasn't really science at all, but mandates/contracts with Pfizer, etc. And that's one of the main reasons republicans will unfortunately win big in November and 2024.

But hey, keep your head firmly planted in the sand if you choose to.

by Anonymousreply 560August 15, 2022 1:07 AM

R560, written like a true cult member. There is literally nothing you've written there that isn't bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 561August 15, 2022 1:17 AM

The lock-down during the first year and the masks and social distancing and then the vaccines all probably saved millions of more lives in the US alone. The vaccines allowed us to go back to mostly normal behavior. Younger and healthy people are much less likely to get serious symptoms or die, but yet some still do. Older people, those who are overweight, those with preexisting conditions or some immune disorder are still very much at higher risk. Common sense says that you still wear a KN95 or N95 mask in enclosed public spaces like public transportation, bus/train/plane, or at venues, theaters/concerts/cinemas. You certainly don't need masks walking outside, but you should wear one in small stores. I still wear a mask entering office buildings (I take it off when get off the elevator on my floor), or retail businesses, subways. I always wear masks at concerts, but lately I see that I'm in the minority. It's about taking common sense steps in different scenarios. Thee problem is many people do not have common sense , or they are fed up with masking and social distancing, which I can understand because I am as well, but I still do it. There is growing evidence that those who get COVID several times are now stuck with long-term or possibly permanent symptoms or heath issues.

by Anonymousreply 562August 15, 2022 1:34 AM

Whatever R561. The fact remains that people besides republicans are fed up with forced mandates that didn't really make a difference, like the overall lack of a difference between 'strict' California and 'lax' Florida. You're mad because it's hard to admit you've been accepting everything Fauci said, even though he changed his tune a half dozen times. Remember when he said the vaccine would stop the virus from spreading? If not, I'll post the link for you.

And R562, you make some good measured points, although because omicron is so mild, most don't probably need masks as much as you say. Those who took their health for granted, like the obese and those with type 2 diabetes (both preventable and reversible), are indeed at greater risk. But just like past coronavirus infections, this one is slowly going away and will not be an issue next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 15, 2022 6:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564August 15, 2022 6:46 AM

Thank goodness we woke rich people never had to pay attention to the rules for the peasants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565August 15, 2022 6:51 AM

R563/R564, you realize your Trumpie stench is detectable through the computer, right? You are literally writing right wing talking points, you morons.

by Anonymousreply 566August 15, 2022 6:53 AM

R566 -- read the articles at the LINKS. They're not 'talking points', they're things Fauci said, and the country's REACTION to those policies.

SHEESH. No wonder we ended up with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 567August 15, 2022 7:17 AM

Uh oh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568August 15, 2022 7:37 AM

So much pearl clutching going on.

by Anonymousreply 569August 15, 2022 8:40 AM

Omnicron what's that ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570August 15, 2022 9:31 AM

[quote}the overall lack of a difference between 'strict' California and 'lax' Florida.

Florida ranks #1 in deaths per 100,000 people. California ranks #36.

by Anonymousreply 571August 15, 2022 11:28 AM

I am just getting over it and it was worse than what I imagined it would be. I was doubled vaxxed with Moderna and had a booster.

I was sick for almost 2 weeks and still taste or smell fully. There was one point I was so sick I didnā€™t care if I lived or died.

And Iā€™m in my early 30s and go to the gym regularly.

by Anonymousreply 572August 15, 2022 11:58 AM

[quote]Florida ranks #1 in deaths per 100,000 people. California ranks #36.

There are 14 states with higher death rates per 100K people than Florida, so Florida doesn't rank #1. California (238 deaths per 100K) has done better than Florida (366 deaths per 100K), but Florida's rank is similar to New York (363 per 100K).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573August 15, 2022 12:02 PM

R573, Florida is thought to have undercounted COVID cases. Yes, there was hypocrisy from some left wing politicians too. But there was nothing righteous about downplaying COVID to Floridaā€™s elderly and at risk population.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574August 15, 2022 12:23 PM

Florida still has time to catch up. It's no. 1 in deaths per 100K in the last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575August 15, 2022 1:02 PM

R568 That is bullshit article and I am in no way a COVID denier.

Cases are DECLINING in Australia. If sites want to do scare pieces they need to get their facts right. BA5 is by far the dominate variant in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 576August 16, 2022 8:08 AM

R576, I donā€™t know what itā€™s like in Australia, but in the U.S. it seems there is less testing as people move past the pandemic, and personally Iā€™ve been doing that too. But the COVID hospitalization rates are not declining with the cases, suggesting some of the decline is because fewer people are getting tested.

ā€œNationally, COVID-19 case rates have been at a slow decline, with hospitalization rates showing a plateau or slow growth, the release stated.ā€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577August 16, 2022 12:47 PM

Australia appears to be having a difficult flu season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578August 16, 2022 1:00 PM

Jill Biden tests positive after experiencing cold-like symptoms.

The first lady, who is double vaccinated and twice boosted, is taking Paxlovid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579August 16, 2022 2:23 PM

R557 Hospitalisations are going down in all states except New South Wales where they are remaining steady.

Testing is reasonable but not as good as it could be. Around 500 people dying across the country every week which word a population of 25 million is not too good but not dreadful. The next few weeks will be really telling when we start moving into Spring in September.

It has also been a really cold winter (sometimes we) and there have been lots of other colds and flus around.

I picked up a cold from my partner a few weeks ago. He did a RATS and it came up negative. I caught the same cold one week later but didn't bother with a RATS test. We both fell well, just had irritating cold like symptoms. He had a cough and I had a sore throat but otherwise we felt fine.

by Anonymousreply 580August 16, 2022 2:38 PM

How is the President and First Lady contracting Covid? Are they not practicing social distance and masking? At their age they should be more careful about getting Covid.

by Anonymousreply 581August 16, 2022 3:10 PM

Because even the careful people who have done all of the right things are getting this particular variant.

by Anonymousreply 582August 16, 2022 3:25 PM

UK approves omicron vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583August 16, 2022 3:29 PM

Just in time for a new variant to take over.

by Anonymousreply 584August 16, 2022 3:31 PM

The first couple are on vacation is SC? they are not in DC.

by Anonymousreply 585August 16, 2022 4:23 PM

R584 - yep, variant 4.6 is on the rise

by Anonymousreply 586August 16, 2022 7:36 PM

Most people do not wear masks anymore -- not on the subway, not in the stores, not in the laundromat, anywhere. I still wear mine but feel like I'm one of few who still do.

by Anonymousreply 587August 17, 2022 4:45 AM

i'm still wearing my indoors like the supermarket. some are still wearing them in supermarkets but I agree, most people are not wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 588August 17, 2022 4:53 AM

In the last few weeks I've been seeing a lot more people wearing masks again in the grocery store. I don't and am not really worried about COVID anymore. If there's a new variant that's causing serious illness in people with no underlying conditions I will re-assess.

by Anonymousreply 589August 17, 2022 6:12 AM

I kind of hope the next variant kills within hours and is 100% blocked by even the simplest mask and/or being fully vaccinated and boosted. That would do humanity a world of good evolutionarily.

by Anonymousreply 590August 17, 2022 6:43 AM

So you wish death on millions of people. How nice.

by Anonymousreply 591August 17, 2022 6:56 AM

Only the stupid fucking ones, R591. Like I said, it would be a huge evolutionary gift to humanity and the planet.

by Anonymousreply 592August 17, 2022 7:01 AM

[quote]Because even the careful people who have done all of the right things are getting this particular variant.

I'm one of them. I've been extremely careful for two and a half years, and yet I tested positive last week. My doctor put me on Paxlovid.

by Anonymousreply 593August 17, 2022 7:20 AM

So, R593, you're fully boosted and haven't been in any public places without a mask on and haven't been to a restaurant to eat and haven't gotten together with friends at a maskless get-together of any kind and wore a mask even outside if you were in a group of people like at a concert?

There hasn't been one person who claims they were "extremely careful" but still got it who was actually extremely careful all the time.

by Anonymousreply 594August 17, 2022 7:28 AM

There hasn't been one person, etc., etc...

And you know that HOW R594?

by Anonymousreply 595August 17, 2022 7:38 AM

Because, R595, every single person who announces they were extremely careful and still got it then goes on to tell us their stories about just going to that one party or only eating in a restaurant a couple of times or how they figured their friends were safe and on and on. Plus, I have eyes and work with people every single day. Those who are actually being "extremely careful" are still not getting it.

by Anonymousreply 596August 17, 2022 8:11 AM

R596 is acting like she knows "every singe person" on the planet. Your limited life experience cannot be extrapolated to the entirety of the human population, hon.

by Anonymousreply 597August 17, 2022 8:32 AM

R596 is living in a stupid bubble and doesn't understand how contagious this particular variant is.

by Anonymousreply 598August 17, 2022 11:14 AM

[quote] If a mask reduces transmission of the virus from an infected individual why would it then not protect a person wearing the mask from getting the virus?

My god, over two years in. What a complete moron.

by Anonymousreply 599August 17, 2022 11:19 AM

Imagine getting Covid, Monkeypox and Polio all at once?

by Anonymousreply 600August 17, 2022 12:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!