Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: To the Victor Go the Spoils

...Or Victor spoils everything? Just what the hell is his endgame, anyway? World domination, or just to be a perpetual turd in the punch bowl that is Port Chuck?

We now know that Valentin is neither brainwashed, nor Peter in a rubber mask (eek!), he's being manipulated the old fashioned way, through threats to Charlotte and anyone else Val holds dear. But why?

by Anonymousreply 305August 20, 2022 5:01 PM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2022 2:25 AM

I’m much loving Val’s new facelift.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2022 2:36 AM

Sometimes it seems a bit ludicrous that international spies and crooks are all centered around a small city in New York State, and that the Spencer family could be perceived as a threat to international criminals. But, I know, suspension of disbelief and all that.

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2022 11:09 AM

A small city in New York State that is also home to at least three publicly traded corporations.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2022 2:02 PM

A small city in NY State where all long lost family members find each other miraculously.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2022 2:59 PM

I see they are still celebrating the 4th of July in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2022 1:15 AM

R6 Well they mentioned Juneteenth right before the Fourth. If I was FV I'd be getting in the editing room and trying to get the calendar synced back up.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2022 1:20 AM

Frankie’s too busy with his new boy toy’s dick up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2022 9:19 AM

Austin bores me to tears. That's all I got

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2022 3:22 PM

Does Frank even watch the show? I don't believe he does.

If he did he would know Austin/Maxie have no chemistry along with Rory/Trina. I don't find the Rory actor appealing at all even apart from Trina. NuTrina is okay since she mostly dropped the baby voice but still just okay. They needed someone feisty for the role and taller.

Also, if Frank ever tuned into the show he would know NuJordan is a dud with no potential as an actress. Send her back to the catwalk.

How many times are the writers going to tease Liz's parents and not follow through? It's just a lame joke at his point as opposed to foreshadowing of upcoming storyline.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2022 3:42 PM

All of the story lines are a mess, and to make matters worse, they drag them out for way too long. Trina is going to be a grandmother doing Depends commercials before they clear her of this bullshit. The whole Liz story is crap. They killed off Franco for this? Finn or being nuts...I'll take being nuts

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2022 3:57 PM

I wonder is ABC has a Daytime executive in charge anymore? Trying to watch GH is like trying to watch All My Children the last few years: Agony.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2022 4:58 PM

^ if ABC...

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2022 4:59 PM

Frank is pragmatic.

Episodes have already been written and taped. He's got to pay the cast and crew for those episodes. He's not going to suddenly edit four episodes into one just to make what's happening on screen sync up with the calendar.

The audience understands about preemptions. They recognize the Jan. 6 committee hearings have pushed shows back by 5-6 days.

Is this an ideal situation? No. But it is pragmatic.

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2022 5:01 PM

R14 No but he could cut a line here or there so that it isn't glaringly obvious. Like the Juneteenth comments, which had no story purpose.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2022 6:17 PM

Even if the episode aired a week after Juneteenth, the audience knew GH was acknowledging the new holiday. None of the other three soaps did.

GH is actively trying to bring in more African-American viewers by building up its Black cast. Acknowledging Juneteenth seemed to be part of it.

As for Independence Day, aside from a mention of "our nation's birthday," I don't recall it being acknowledged in the dialogue. Characters just said they were going to watch the fireworks. Perhaps there were more mentions of July 4th in the dialogue and Frank did edit them out.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2022 6:36 PM

Had no idea they all hung out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2022 6:37 PM

OMG! Is Maurice the reason we're still suffering through Marcus Coloma? Is Mo somehow protecting Marcus's job?

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2022 6:55 PM

Marcus is big time schmoozing Mo. Scientos are well trained in ingratiating themselves and becoming your instant best friend. It's odd Mo has fallen for the love bombing given that it is well known xenu's teachings are against mental health help and meds and Marcus is pretty high up in the org.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2022 7:07 PM

R16 I have no problem with them mentioning and acknowledging Juneteenth but it was more like two weeks late. It just made it glaringly obvious how far behind they are.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2022 7:30 PM

DOOL acknowledged Juneteenth I believe surrounding the wedding of Abe and Paulina, but I won’t swear to it.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2022 7:51 PM

That’s true, R21.

As a viewer, I really don’t mind holiday episodes airing a little late. Preemptions are preemptions.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2022 3:06 PM

How much time does Genie get off for her vacation? Seems like she and Martin were offscreen till Christmas last year.

by Anonymousreply 23July 17, 2022 3:26 AM

Genie works about 30 days a year. So over worked!

by Anonymousreply 24July 17, 2022 7:40 AM

Recall Mayor Collins!

by Anonymousreply 25July 17, 2022 12:11 PM

Think of Laura.

by Anonymousreply 26July 17, 2022 12:44 PM

But laugh, don’t cry.

by Anonymousreply 27July 17, 2022 1:44 PM

I know she'd want it that way.

by Anonymousreply 28July 17, 2022 1:47 PM

Do we know if Esme already knows who her mother is? I would love for the to come back at Spencer with something like, “Fuck you little boy - I’ve know my parents all the time. You’re gonna love meeting my daddy”.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2022 1:20 PM

Somebody needs to shave Esme's head and weave a noose out of that horse tail. I hate that Crystal Gayle looking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2022 1:40 PM

And get her a new wardrobe after you shave her, one that’s not from a children’s store.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2022 2:05 PM

Does anyone care about Carly losing her half of the hotel lol I don't understand why Jax couldn't bail her out, seeing how she got it because of him to begin with. They didn't have to mention him by name, they just could've said Josslyn' s father lol however I guess that would defeat the purpose of the story, which is Carly facing defeat. Those who don't like Carly could probably revel in her losing however its a pretty safe bet she'll end up with it again (or at least a new venture with Drew).

by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2022 7:34 AM

The show seems kind of boring too lately lol there are some good scenes and dialogue here & there, otherwise it's like they're just being random.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2022 7:42 AM

LW might be the only cast member who caught covid without having a temp since she contracted it while the show was dark for three weeks. Hope she gets better however it would've been nice to have a temp Carly just to see someone else besides her for once lol

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2022 7:44 AM

R29 That's interesting if she knows who her mom is and has known all this time. Well at least if she thinks she knows who she is lol I still think it's Felicia; I just don't know how they'll explain it.

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2022 7:47 AM

Nicholas (Spencer) and Avery (Esme) were really good this episode.

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2022 7:50 AM

They are both terrific actors, but these stories just drag on and on, with no end in sight.

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2022 9:34 AM

They didn't bring Felicia back on contract for nothing. She's that girl's mother.

I've completely loss interest in most of the show. The new actress who plays Trina isn't doing it. Nicholas looks weird now. They keep showing Cody shirtless, but he needs to lose 20 #.

by Anonymousreply 38July 20, 2022 1:14 PM

Just in case there is a temp Carly, I wonder if they'll run to the Passions well; I can see either Liza Huber or McKenzie Westmore lol even though I'd prefer Jessica Collins or Gina Tognoni. Then again, they might just use some random unknown like temp Alexis (I've never heard of her before she played Alexis, so if she's known I stand corrected lol)

by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2022 2:32 PM

Temp Carly could have us all loving Carly again. Would love Gina T but would be amazing to get a former Carly back for a short term….Tamara or SJB

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2022 7:21 PM

I am disappointed it wasn't Trevor St. John waiting for Austin outside the Haunted Star.

Unless Frank has some great big surprise up his sleeve in the very near future regarding Austin, he just needs to euthanize this character and cut RoHo loose. Waste of talent and budget money.

Also, KStorms is not pleasant to look at.

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2022 7:30 PM

Epiphany in pink? Oh mother of gawd! That’s a lotta material!!!

by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2022 9:03 PM

Did anybody recognize the guy Austin met on the Haunted Star? The text message on his phone was signed with the initial "M." Could it be Victor's henchman? I can't remember the guy's name.

by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2022 10:08 PM

Nicholas, Avery and Tabyana are the only decent parts of this mainly unwatchable show. The first two will definitely be gone when their contracts are up.

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2022 10:14 PM

HUH?

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2022 10:17 PM

Joss . Please go away.

by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2022 10:29 PM

I know, I know, I should just stop watching, but this show is trainwreck terrible. Even two uber-charismatic actors like Josh Kelly and Kelly Thiebaud can't elevate the shit writing for their characters. Sorry Zompragna, but the writing for Dante sucks, too. Willow? Fuck Willow. Kill Willow. I have no interest in watching screeching Olivia and screeching Nina screech at each other for the foreseeable future. The list goes on. And has it been 20 years of annoying Spinelli and talentless Maxie having the same conversation? WTF? Will Hat wear his hat while breaking Epiphany's back? Can't wait for that scene. How many scratchers do you think Maura has Andy Dixon buy every day in hopes she can just bow out?

I appreciate venting on DL, since folks on other forums think these characters are real people and not works of fiction.

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2022 9:50 AM

Even during its best years, the show has always still had trainwreck parts. Anyone rewatched the Luke and Laura wedding in the last few years? 3/4 of the episode is about some visiting country bumpkins.

Right now the trainwreck parts are outweighing the good parts. Thankully, there's fast forward and the hope that we'll get more good than bad again very soon

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2022 1:21 PM

R47 Lol my sentiments exactly. How many scratchers Maura has Andy Dixon buying for them everyday took me out 😆 pretty sure its alot; I can just see Andy Dixon and her son Joe fuming about Ava having nothing going on in her life besides babysitting Trina or getting bested by Esme.

And yes I'm glad that we're able to say how we really feel without any restrictions on this site too. I was actually blocked on Soap Central when my opinions of the show didn't sit well with the "majority." No one should have to censor themselves when it comes to how they feel about a soap opera of all things. It's sad though true how a lot of them believe these characters are somehow real lol

by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2022 1:56 PM

R40 I'm in complete agreement, although it was wishful thinking on our parts since Laura revealed that she "fortunately" caught it while they were on their three week break, so there will be no need for a temp (which I'm sure was extra motivation for her to hurry up and test negative, to prevent that from occurring)

by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2022 2:00 PM

I know how to fix GH. Bring back Bob Guza or Chuck Pratt.

by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2022 2:07 PM

Soap Central is the worst. That Queen Kroll can’t handle criticism.

by Anonymousreply 52July 21, 2022 2:31 PM

What I hate about some forums is that you are NOT allowed to judge the actor's acting, looks, etc... I'm like it is a tv show and they are actors, they only things to judge them on is their ability and looks.

I'm sure they wouldn't allow the following comment...

[quote] Marcus Coloma is a very nice looking man, but I've seen soaps from the early 1950s-the present day* and I don't think I've ever seen an actor as badly bland as he is as Nicolas Cassadine.

*Not ancient, I saw the pre-1990 ones on video, DVD, or streaming.

by Anonymousreply 53July 21, 2022 11:16 PM

Please, PLEASE kill Willow.

Replace Duell with Temp Chad.

Put Maxie out to pasture. Why not pair Spinelli with Britt?

And yet…and yet…in scenes like the other day’s between Spencer and Esme, the show is electric in ways other soaps never get near.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2022 2:24 AM

Who is the mysterious female boss Austin and the thug answer to? Austin's mother Charity Gatlin is still alive, technically. Or is it one of the usual baddies, Mrs. Wu, Cassandra Pierce, Jennifer Smith, Olivia Jerome, undead Helena? Is it connected to the west coast mob threat, part of Victor's scheme or something entirely new?

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2022 10:18 PM

Jean Randolph!

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2022 10:43 PM

[quote]Replace Duell with Temp Chad.

Hello no. The last thing we need is a fat Michael.

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2022 10:58 PM

Frankly, Robert Adamson seems more comfortable in the role of Michael than Chad Duel ever has.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2022 11:02 PM

Chad gets blamed for stuff that is out of his control, which is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2022 11:14 PM

Temp Michael has a bit of a speech impediment and is just so-so.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2022 11:31 PM

I didn't watch OLTL in its last years and don't know this Cody Bell actor's name but whoever the actor is he and his lame character that Frank pulled out of his ass need to go.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2022 11:42 PM

The problem with temp Michael is that he looks like Sonny's son not step-son. He would make a good Morgan recast, though.

by Anonymousreply 62July 23, 2022 12:42 AM

As long as I have a face, Josh Kelly has a seat.

by Anonymousreply 63July 24, 2022 5:30 AM

I can't stand Mo but yet I watch this when it comes up in my feed and his guest is someone I like.

This is part two. Last week Mo called Kin "Kinny" and Kin corrected him. He did it again this week and Kin corrected him again. Kin said it became "Sonny's General Hospital", love him for that. Mo complimented Kin at one point and then said "now it's your turn to compliment me" and I don't believe Kin did. Mo desperately trying to get the old timers to talk about the drug use on set in the 80s. Tristan didn't bite when he was on. Kin danced around it and told a mild and lame story about some crew member who lived close by the studio and they all went to his house after work and smoked weed. Also told a mild story about Tony G. and Tristan having a bit too much to drink while filming a bachelor party scene and it had to be re-shot. No admitting to any rampant or hard core drug use. Kin also questioned Tristan's claim he dated Liz Taylor. Although he backed up Tony's story that he dated Liz, LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 24, 2022 8:29 PM

Why did Scotty get taken off of Trina's case? Is there something going on with KS?

by Anonymousreply 65July 24, 2022 9:14 PM

KS is currently busy with me sitting on his face.

by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2022 8:52 AM

KS probably exceeded his 2 episode per month contract limit, and had to be put in time out. I think LC and TR get 1 per month, while the actors who play Molly and Amy get 1 every 3 months. Poor Jackie Zeman gets 1 per year.

by Anonymousreply 67July 25, 2022 9:01 AM

Jackie Z is great at giving blowjobs. But not to Frankie V, because he’s gay and hates women.

by Anonymousreply 68July 25, 2022 10:56 AM

Mo is insufferable. Period. His antics have been holding GH hostage for DECADES now. It is obvious that most of his co-stars can’t stand him. How much more can he talk about panic attacks as if he’s the only person who’s ever had one? Narcissist to a tee.

by Anonymousreply 69July 25, 2022 10:58 AM

Not disagreeing, R69, but aren't ALL performers narcissists or at least showy extroverts to a degree? Combine that with today's culture where everyone is expected to promote their own "brand" on social media and this is what you get.

by Anonymousreply 70July 26, 2022 12:51 AM

But Mo expects all of the GH stars to bow down to him and be on that podcast, it seems. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 71July 26, 2022 3:17 AM

Not sure who I detested more today, Joss or woke Molly.

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2022 7:34 AM

Joss is useless.

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2022 9:04 AM

I was hoping to see Drew try to wrestle those jeans off of Carly's enormous ass yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2022 9:10 AM

I don't get the sense that his co-stars hate him at all. I'm sure some do tho but lots of projecting going on in these threads.

Anyway, how did Carly go from defending Sonny for DECADES to just not caring if he goes to jail? Joss too. Not only is that totally of character, but it could ALSO put her in jeopardy as his accomplice for DECADES.

This show...

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2022 12:11 PM

I agree with R75. Actors can lie, but I really don't get a sense that these people don't like him. You can kinda sometimes tell when actors are being fake nice, I don't see that with Mo. I don't think anyone is being forced on his show. If that were the case, where is NLG?

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2022 12:54 PM

I don't think Joss was this anti-Sonny when he had Jax deported. Michael wasn't this out for revenge when Sonny killed AJ either. This show.

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2022 6:28 PM

Still shocking that this show would air a scene when both Carly and Jason get called idiots

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2022 9:09 PM

The Esme/Nik storyline would have been interesting if the role of Nik was being played by someone who can act.

Milquetoast Marcus' attempt at acting yesterday and today with furrowed eyebrow of concern just made him look constipated. He is incapable of nuance or depth.

Does Maura not realize her presence has been diminished because of her weak acting partner? Why does she campaign for him?

I suppose as long as MC keeps sucking up to Mo he has job security.

by Anonymousreply 79July 26, 2022 9:25 PM

Wes Ramsey IN as NuNikolas!

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2022 12:00 AM

For anyone who missed it on the other thread....Cutter---I mean Cody---all oiled up in a skimpy bathing suit....Bet Prince Spencer is hot over this..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 27, 2022 1:47 AM

R77 That's because MO allegedly had the Michael out for revenge against Sonny at that time eventually killed because he didn't like it.

by Anonymousreply 82July 27, 2022 2:40 AM

I'd like to take a pot of scented honey mixed with goat's cheese yoghurt, sprinkled with almonds from the Atlas Mountain, spread it all over Josh Kelley's naked nubile young body and then lick it off.

by Anonymousreply 83July 27, 2022 6:02 AM

I kinda like MC. He definitely comes off as a surfer-bro doofus but it matches how they’ve decided to write the character for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 84July 27, 2022 1:44 PM

When they decided to put Chavez in a suit, Coloma looked 10 years younger than his on-screen son.

If they're not going to let Spencer fuck Britt, then let him fuck Ava, even if it's just for revenge. He's never going to fuck Trina.

by Anonymousreply 85July 27, 2022 2:05 PM

R85 Normally, I'd say yes to Spencer and Ava hooking up, I love Ava in cougar mode, but it can't happen because that would ruin both Spencer and Ava's relationships with Trina. And, I like Spencer and Trina, but I LOVE Ava and Trina. Trina really is like a surrogate daughter or special niece to Ava. Other than Avery, Trina is the one person who can get Carly and Ava on the same side and not arguing, she is a special person.

Spencer and Britt are fine with me. But, I want to see him finally fuck Trina. The girl has been basically dreaming of his dick for over a year and has had to go through some major shit, thanks to his GF. She has earned a fuck or100 fucks from him.

by Anonymousreply 86July 27, 2022 2:14 PM

GH - 1979.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 27, 2022 2:18 PM

Joss is a cunt like her mom. They’re having her suddenly hate the mob because she’s about to be paired with Dex as Jason/Robin 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 88July 27, 2022 3:10 PM

If poor sweet Cameron loses Joss to Dex while A) his mom is dealing with her mental issues and B) he’s working two jobs while dealing with C) the trauma of having his first sexual experience broadcast on the internet, then I wouldn’t blame him for bringing an AR15 to the MetroCourt and making *everybody* pay.

by Anonymousreply 89July 27, 2022 5:59 PM

R89 That's actually a great storyline - THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! I truly wish someone at GH would have the balls to attempts such a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 90July 27, 2022 6:14 PM

[quote]I kinda like MC. He definitely comes off as a surfer-bro doofus but it matches how they’ve decided to write the character for some reason.

They decided to start writing Nikolas like a surfer bro because writers tailor the character to the actor. They generally try to play up the actors strengths by writing the scenes that allow the character to display such strengths. Thus, over time the characters take on traits and qualities that the actor has as well.

Marcus has been in the role for 2.5 years now.. No surprise that Nikolas is transforming into a surfer. Wouldn't be surprised if Nikolas developes a sudden interest in Xenu and Scientology down the line.

by Anonymousreply 91July 27, 2022 6:20 PM

[quote]If poor sweet Cameron loses Joss to Dex while A) his mom is dealing with her mental issues and B) he’s working two jobs while dealing with C) the trauma of having his first sexual experience broadcast on the internet, then I wouldn’t blame him for bringing an AR15 to the MetroCourt and making *everybody* pay.

With Cam's history as a firebug, a little arson at the Metro might make more sense, and be a lot easier to achieve. Hell, he might even get away with it and the secret can do a slow burn, too.

by Anonymousreply 92July 27, 2022 8:44 PM

It’s hilarious that Valentine, Victor and Nikolas are always dressed in suits but have no jobs.

by Anonymousreply 93July 28, 2022 12:54 AM

Since Cam is close to Scott maybe GH will turn him into the modern day Scotty Baldwin. Lose your girlfriend to a thug and take the bad guy route.

by Anonymousreply 94July 28, 2022 1:16 AM

R93 Valentine runs ELQ. Nikolas runs Cassadine Industries, right? And, Victor is always working on something.

by Anonymousreply 95July 28, 2022 1:37 AM

Today’s episode was so entertaining. Victor’s reaction to Nikolas sleeping with Esme killed me. I loved the Ava/Spencer moment at the end. And I like that the show reminds us that Esme is the victim of psychological abuse by her evil dad, even if it’s no excuse for what she’s done.

by Anonymousreply 96July 28, 2022 1:42 AM

[quote]Nikolas runs Cassadine Industries,

I don't think so. Not sure who is running Cassadine Industries, but having surfer dude who looks like he reads at a 4th grade level Nikolas at the helm would not inspire confidence in me as an investor.

Having Nikolas in charge of Cassadine Industries would give me about as much confidence in that investment as having Michael Corinthos in charge of ELQ.

by Anonymousreply 97July 28, 2022 2:28 AM

I like that Maxie held her purse in her lap the entire episode in hopes of disguising how fat she is.

by Anonymousreply 98July 28, 2022 9:15 AM

Also, Maxie drank a *breakfast* piña colada which, okay, werk.

by Anonymousreply 99July 28, 2022 9:46 AM

KSt looks worse every time I see her onscreen. Just sloppy and sweaty. She doesn’t even have a neck or chin anymore. Wardrobe doesn’t even attempt to make her look decent.

Also, Nik was always a doofus IMO. Even with TC in the role.

by Anonymousreply 100July 28, 2022 11:04 AM

R97

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 28, 2022 1:58 PM

R93, Nik is always in Banana Republic outfits c. 2001. Grey, flat-front slacks and a merlot or cranberry colored shirt. Ava deserves so much better.

by Anonymousreply 102July 28, 2022 2:06 PM

I detest Joss with the heat of 1,000 suns but after her stint on the stand at Trina’s hearing and then suggesting that Carly & Jason were both idiots for supporting Sonny, the hatred decreased to 999 suns.

by Anonymousreply 103July 28, 2022 2:18 PM

If it's a side effect of the medication Storms takes then I do feel sorry for her. But if she is physically able, KS should try to work out and watch her diet to get her weight down.

by Anonymousreply 104July 28, 2022 2:21 PM

R103 I was shocked they allowed her to go there, but then I figure like others it is to set up a romance/affair with Sonny/Michael's double agent. And, I can't figure out why but he just seems strange.

by Anonymousreply 105July 28, 2022 2:21 PM

Joss would be touting for Sonny and Jason if Carly was still with Sonny. She didn't seem to mind throwing Sonny's name around when dealing with Esme months ago.

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2022 2:32 PM

Don't think Dex is meant for the long-term, but he's the right kind of strange to break up Joss and Cameron for a while

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2022 5:54 PM

Esme seems like she could really be Ryan's daughter, from her looks and personality. Is it possible he somehow had a surrogate carry a baby for him and Felicia?

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2022 9:46 PM

If we must keep Esme and have no sight of Elizabeth’s Weber family or even Serena Baldwin maybe make her Kevin and Lucy’s? Why do we have Cody, Dex, Drew, and Brando but yet no Lucky or Dillon Q? I don’t get this show!!!

by Anonymousreply 109July 28, 2022 9:53 PM

It would make sense that Cameron isn't going to be around long term. That baby face makes it hard to buy him as a romantic lead. You want a lead who looks like he knows how to throw a good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 110July 28, 2022 9:57 PM

I was surprised they let Joss call Jason and Carly idiots too lol. I don't think Dan is up Sonny/Jason/Carly's ass like some of the other headwriters have been; Ron sure wasn't. I wonder what perks they gave Maurice to let these anti-Sonny moments fly lol maybe one is letting his son guest star like someone said before. He's also relieved he's out of Carson, he was trying to get out of that pairing practically since LW took over (when she was first hired, the writers were already planning to pair her with Jax, since ALW was ready to exit as Courtney).

by Anonymousreply 111July 28, 2022 9:58 PM

Carly without Sonny is a snooze of a character.

by Anonymousreply 112July 28, 2022 10:09 PM

R112 😆 you didn't like her with Jax, or any of her other relationships? I agree she's more "Soccer Mom" Carly now however Sarah Brown & Tamara Braun made her an interesting character. I even liked Jennifer Bransford's crazy version (after the breakdown)

by Anonymousreply 113July 28, 2022 10:13 PM

Yeah she’s soccer mom Blair but less likeable! A recast Carly could save the character for me. Any former Carly would be better. Carly and Finn or Austin?

by Anonymousreply 114July 28, 2022 10:22 PM

*paging Gina Tognoni*

by Anonymousreply 115July 28, 2022 10:24 PM

When will Vee, who is in the biz, you know, have pervy Sudz banned from SON? Vee is in the biz, you know. The biz!

Does Dumb Dylan have any more hot scoops to break?!?

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2022 10:25 PM

Gina would be amazing!!!

by Anonymousreply 117July 28, 2022 10:32 PM

R114 She is a lot like Blair now lol that was a complaint some ppl had when they thought Blair was going to be on GH full-time. A different Carly could probably generate chemistry with anyone; LW's range has always been limited, for she's pretty much playing herself now.

by Anonymousreply 118July 28, 2022 10:58 PM

R112 I disagree, I liked Carly with Jax, Todd, and Jason. I even liked her with Franco more than Sonny, even though it was icky to throw them together.

by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2022 11:00 PM

July is the fourth sweeps month (not as big as the main three, November, February, May) still relevant though) and all of the other three soaps had "sweeps like" stories while GH just went through the motions. The affair reveal is sweeps like except the period ended yesterday lol guess if they weren't behind it was scheduled to air sooner.

by Anonymousreply 120July 28, 2022 11:01 PM

Sonny and this Carly give off brother/sister vibes lol

by Anonymousreply 121July 28, 2022 11:03 PM

Looks like Trina's trial was the big sweeps month event then!

My, how sweeps months have lost their importance!

by Anonymousreply 122July 28, 2022 11:06 PM

Who knows what it was supposed to be, I think they are like two weeks behind.

by Anonymousreply 123July 28, 2022 11:09 PM

Maura fucking West really brought it today.

by Anonymousreply 124July 29, 2022 12:52 AM

That was some Emmy shit!

by Anonymousreply 125July 29, 2022 12:54 AM

Today was the warmup. The Emmy should be earned tomorrow when Ava lets it all out when confronting that whore

by Anonymousreply 126July 29, 2022 12:58 AM

Dear GH writers give us Ava scenes like today at least once a month, and we would be happier.

by Anonymousreply 127July 29, 2022 1:03 AM

It felt so good to hear someone *on the show* call Nikolas stupid.

by Anonymousreply 128July 29, 2022 1:07 AM

They have to have Luke be discovered alive, in the fall/winter when Laura returns, so that Victor can be rehabilitated just enough we can keep him around.

by Anonymousreply 129July 29, 2022 1:09 AM

I want the LW Carly isn’t the real Carly storyline. Someone like Johnny z or a resurrected Faith Roscoe has kept or knows that the real Carly is out there (played by SJB or TB). Would love to see how that reforms Carson and the rest of Port Charles. We did this with Jason why not Carly? Be nice to erase the last decade plus of sl.

by Anonymousreply 130July 29, 2022 1:03 PM

I like that they referred to a jury being present, just that the camera, and therefore the audience, was in the jury position. I'd prefer an actual jury but I don't want them to blow a whole month's budget on extras or anything.

by Anonymousreply 131July 30, 2022 12:40 AM

Finola Hughes, a class act, tweeting praise for a story she’s not in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 30, 2022 4:10 AM

R132 I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't in a storyline together soon. It seems clear that the big fall/winter storyline leading up to the 60th Anniversary next year is going to be a WSB/Cassadine/Luke&Laura story. And, Spencer has shown he has what it takes to play a real Cassadine. Though with his father being the generation between Spencer and Victor you have to wonder what the fuck happened? You have one generation who seems to be perpetually stoned, meanwhile is uncle, son, and wife have more charisma in their little fingers than he does in his entire body. FV needs to learn from Broadway, they terribly miscast a role and then fired her after it was clear she was miscast, and then they hired a person everyone thought was much more suited to the role. I'm not saying he has to bring back the old crazy one, but out of all the actors in Southern California there has to be a better one than the current one.

by Anonymousreply 133July 30, 2022 4:21 AM

I know Esme hates Ava because she is her father’s daughter but might she think that Ava is secretly her mother? Because if I didn’t already know about Ryan that would seem to most people to be where those scenes today were headed.

by Anonymousreply 134July 30, 2022 5:25 AM

R133, I always notice that too. There is a very distinct bearing/energy that Victor, Valentin, and Spencer all share and Nikolas just…doesn’t.

R134, I had a similar thought today too. I also wondered whether they’d planned on revealing that Felicia is Esme’s mom by now but were thwarted by Kristina Wagner’s tragic personal news and had to pivot.

by Anonymousreply 135July 30, 2022 5:40 AM

R130 Ironically, when Tamara Braun quit in 2005, one of the ideas they floated around was Carly being in some sort of explosion, resulting in plastic surgery to look exactly like Faith Rosco (with Cynthia Preston playing both in a Face-Off type storyline). This was after Tamara Braun refused to stick around for six more months and after Sarah Brown refused a six month reprisal deal offered to her (while the show waited for "Friend Of Jill" Laura Wright to be free from GL). So you almost would've had that story, which would've aligned with Carly's kids being kidnapped/presumed dead at the hands of Faith, although the whole Reese reveal/Carly's breakdown probably wouldn't have worked with that story.

by Anonymousreply 136July 30, 2022 6:06 AM

I'm wondering if Ava will turn out as Esme's mother too, or maybe her niece by way of Julian or Liv?

by Anonymousreply 137July 30, 2022 6:07 AM

On other boards ppl would say Ava is basically who Carly is supposed to be, from storylines to wardrobe lol now I think the same can be said for Nina too. MW did rock those affair reveal scenes I definitely agree those were Emmy worthy lol

by Anonymousreply 138July 30, 2022 6:15 AM

I don’t mind MW bringing down the house like that once every eight months or so. It would be less effective if she did it once a week (see: Carly screaming at people).

by Anonymousreply 139July 30, 2022 11:27 AM

I also thought Tabyana Ali did a beautiful job with her silent response to Spencer’s testimony yesterday. And Chavez, going quiet and not overdoing the waterworks…one doesn’t usually praise soap acting for its subtlety but these two have very good instincts.

by Anonymousreply 140July 30, 2022 11:32 AM

I think I'd be interested in more Mac and Felicia - - John J. York and Kristina Wagner play together so well. Failing that, just Mac in the pool, all the time. 63, for crying out loud!

by Anonymousreply 141August 2, 2022 2:05 AM

R141, those pecs were a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 142August 2, 2022 2:16 AM

R139 R140 Three of the show's best performances lately. Esme, Ryan, Portia and a handful of others (mainly vets) are giving good efforts too. Frank must have obtained the headwriters pen again lol because the writing is somewhat stale.

by Anonymousreply 143August 2, 2022 5:00 AM

RH made her debut onscreen on August 1st, 1997, so Elizabeth's 25th anniversary episode should've aired yesterday, however it might've been pushed back, if there even is one at all. I guess they're centering this "reveal" around her anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2022 5:08 AM

R144 today’s “cliffhanger” felt like a Friday.

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2022 5:14 AM

Haven't really been watching GH. Just bits and pieces but just realized that Victor's being played by the guy from "The Nanny." He looks good with the gray.

by Anonymousreply 146August 2, 2022 1:14 PM

R145 Thanks, maybe that was supposed to be Friday's episode. I haven't seen it yet, I saw the one that aired on Friday though.

by Anonymousreply 147August 2, 2022 3:43 PM

R146 That's him lol he also played Shane Donovan on Days from 1984-1992 (Shane's evil twin Drew as well) then off & on in the 2000's (after the Nanny was cancelled).

by Anonymousreply 148August 2, 2022 3:52 PM

Britt & Sasha are also doing pretty well, even though both of their storylines aren't all that great. It's obvious they're going for more modern, realistic stories such as drug addiction/PTSD over losing a child & the travails of navigating through online dating, however both stories feel like they're missing something.

by Anonymousreply 149August 2, 2022 3:56 PM

Despite the on-again, off-again rumors, looks like Trevor St. John won't be joining GH after all.

He's going to Y&R instead .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 2, 2022 5:28 PM

R151 He's always had an on-again/off-again friendship with Frank (mainly because of Frank's asshole ways) so apparently they couldn't make it work. He had a better relationship with Ron at OLTL so I wonder if Ron wanted him at Days (although the budget is better at Y&R/B&B than Days, even though they are all through Sony) so they probably couldn't match Y&R's offer.

by Anonymousreply 151August 2, 2022 7:10 PM

Were they pre-empted today or is hulu just being slow?

by Anonymousreply 152August 3, 2022 12:48 AM

Hulu was just being slow. Went up around 9:30 ET.

by Anonymousreply 153August 3, 2022 4:59 AM

How long before GH moves to Hulu or another streaming service permanently, like DOOL? ABC has held on to it primarily because they don't really have anything else to fill their slot with (along with all the backlash they received, and still do, for cancelling AMC/OLTL, it seems that they're trying to wait until "the absolute right time"). GH will now be daytime's lowest rated network soap" come September.

by Anonymousreply 154August 4, 2022 4:29 PM

Probably the Monday following the show's 60th anniversary, which is April 1st, 2023.

by Anonymousreply 155August 4, 2022 4:57 PM

Yes, I suspect both GH and Y&R are safe on network TV until their anniversaries on April 1 and March 26, 2-23, respectively

by Anonymousreply 156August 4, 2022 5:08 PM

R155 R156 I agree if they do plan on sending GH streaming, it will definitely be after their 60th (possibly Fall 2023, unless they do better than expected and/or ABC doesn't have anything else to air lol). Y&R may last a little longer than their 50th seeing how well they're doing (along with B&B).

by Anonymousreply 157August 4, 2022 6:35 PM

GH is slightly different than Y&R, B&B, and DOOL, in that abc/Disney completely owns and produces it, which in theory should make it much more flexible. NBC had to negotiate with Sony to move DAYS to peacock, CBS would have to do the same for Y&R if they wanted to move it to Paramount+ or Pluto. With GH it doesn’t have a middle man so they could pull the trigger whenever they want.

by Anonymousreply 158August 4, 2022 6:54 PM

R158 Right that's always been the case with ABC/GH. They almost pulled the plug before; GH had a cancellation date of January 4th, 2013 when ABC was considering getting out of the soap business for good (and sending it to Prospect Park, where AMC & OLTL were). And this was before the 50th anniversary on April 1st, 2013. Ron & Frank actually breathed new life into it and saved it from being cancelled. From then until now, ABC has never really had any viable replacements for GH (in 2013, it was supposed to be that dreadful additional GMA in the afternoon) so one of their main reasons for not sending it to Hulu or Disney Plus exclusively is because they've never really had any strong pilots to place in their spot. GH has, for the most part, performed better than Days in the key demos and even sometimes ties Y&R/B&B (in demos, not in their overall household ratings). So ABC has somewhat of a commitment to GH, it's just not as strong as it should be. Frank proposed three different online/streaming spinoffs of GH over the years, with not one being greenlit, so they haven't always been onboard with streaming new episodes of soaps (AMC/OLTL were even suggested as being streamed recently, when there were rumblings of them returning to ABC; both ideas were "placed on hold") however if they ever find the right show, or plan to revamp their daytime lineup, then GH would most likely end up streaming. Even if they decide to give that hour of GH back to the affiliates, which they could very well do, they're still showing a slight commitment to GH (for the time being lol)

by Anonymousreply 159August 4, 2022 7:50 PM

R158 Also, Days current renewal/renegotiation with NBC was only until September 2023, so I'm wondering if that's only how long Peacock has to agree to carry it, then decide to renew again if they want after that current deal expires. Unless Peacock wants to renegotiate now; Days still films about 5-6 months ahead so when they move from NBC next month, they'll have enough new shows to carry them into the new year.

by Anonymousreply 160August 4, 2022 7:56 PM

I want to see Spencer and Cameron kiss.

by Anonymousreply 161August 4, 2022 8:05 PM

I want to see Spencer and Cameron fuck.

by Anonymousreply 162August 4, 2022 8:39 PM

If DAYS uses their move to streaming to become more daring in their content, which I suspect might happen since both Beyond Salam S1 and the Christmas movie both heavily featured gay characters, they might save themselves and show the others how to navigate the new reality. I suspect that within ten years liner broadcast tv will remain but other than live news, award shows, and sports, they will only air reruns of streaming shows edited for content.

by Anonymousreply 163August 4, 2022 10:15 PM

Esme actress just signed a new contract so she will be back. The question is will she be back as a pregnant Esme or as her long lost "good" twin?

by Anonymousreply 164August 5, 2022 1:48 AM

I don't think anyone dies after falling off there. Did Spencer leave a bouncy house on the beach when he was a child?

by Anonymousreply 165August 5, 2022 1:50 AM

When they turn your character this evil, even a contract is not a guarantee for a long run on the show

by Anonymousreply 166August 5, 2022 2:09 AM

She hasn't actually murdered anyone has she?

by Anonymousreply 167August 5, 2022 4:18 AM

Great, more Nelle 2.0. The actress is talented, but another round of Esme will be exhausting. I'm convinced the writers still don't know how she's really connected to Ryan, or who her birth mother is.

by Anonymousreply 168August 5, 2022 9:12 AM

Murdering people doesn't mean that you can't star on this show for many years.

Yes, seems like the writers loved the idea that Ryan had a villian daughter, but still haven't decided what to do with her long term. And having a birth mother already in town will be a story that they've just already told with Nelle and will soon be telling again with Willow

by Anonymousreply 169August 5, 2022 1:17 PM

Was Felicia's latest appearance filmed before or after KW's son's death?

by Anonymousreply 170August 5, 2022 1:39 PM

I was wondering that too. GH doesn’t shoot that far in advance, so it could’ve been after.

by Anonymousreply 171August 5, 2022 4:34 PM

From her last aired scene, looks like they gave her a non-demanding, ease back into it, scene for her return back to the show

by Anonymousreply 172August 5, 2022 5:54 PM

Yes r161 and r162.

by Anonymousreply 173August 5, 2022 6:47 PM

The Josslyn actress has far more chemistry with the Dex actor than Cameron. Their sex scene was more like Joss fucking her kid brother.

She and this other guy might actually be hot together. And she might finally become interesting.

by Anonymousreply 174August 5, 2022 7:26 PM

Tad Martin Grey has officially abandoned his Kentucky Fried Southern Accent.

by Anonymousreply 175August 5, 2022 7:36 PM

Maxie is extra huge today, and the contour on her neck is not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 176August 5, 2022 7:52 PM

BLQ is now fells good enough to wear a sleaveless top.

by Anonymousreply 177August 5, 2022 8:24 PM

Lmao @ them doing a conservatorship storyline.

by Anonymousreply 178August 5, 2022 10:19 PM

R178 At least Scotty isn't their lawyer, I have always, always loved Scott Baldwin but they have progressively made him so sleazy the viewers would be super scared for Sasha but with Martin you feel like it really is for her best interests, and it does interest me how the story might go. It starts out unambiguously, all the viewers have seen her and know she needs help. But, I fully expect it to be abused at some point, where people will be yelling "Free Sasha!" How we get there could be interesting , of course it probably won't be.

by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2022 2:03 AM

Spoilers suggest a connection between Scotty and Cody. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2022 2:36 AM

Are they going to give Scotty another unknown child?

by Anonymousreply 181August 6, 2022 2:58 AM

R181 I'd be fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 182August 6, 2022 3:30 AM

I wonder if GH is praying their ratings will go up now that DAYS is history...A lot of DAYS fans on the Soap Boards swear they are not paying for the subscription..It is a tough call because Days specializes in Hot Guys who cannot act while GH specializes in OLD GUYS who cannot act---Nick and Mumbles.....No matter what happens DAYS is over by this time next year. Maybe Diedre can join GH as a recast Helena Cassadine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 6, 2022 8:21 AM

Frank is famous for doubling down on his bad decisions (see: Peter August, Stacy Morasco, Howarth, Easton, current writers). The audience hasn't taken to Cody, so Frank will tie him to a legacy character and force him on viewers.

by Anonymousreply 184August 6, 2022 9:30 AM

R184 = Add Sasha to that list..RH must be humiliated. Even playing a Q doesn't make him interesting........VIDEO CLIP of Lispy Spencer showing off he is a FEM BOTTOM when he is off script.....No Thanks. I like masculine you ain't it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 6, 2022 10:00 AM

R185, I don't know anything about the actor's sexual orientation. I think labeling him a "FEM BOTTOM," as if it's the discovery of something unpleasant about him, is unhelpful. I also think we should not be demeaning and diminishing each other with such labels. Can't people just be whatever they are, including having many personae? In any event, young people increasingly defy such categorization. I think it's a vestige of older generations.

by Anonymousreply 186August 6, 2022 11:51 AM

Some research survey a few years ago r183 claimed that Days had the second highest median average age of viewers among the 4 soaps. GH surprisingly had the youngest median average age in viewers.

by Anonymousreply 187August 6, 2022 12:59 PM

R184, NAC’s Spencer has given the show a huge shot in the arm over the past year, generated a ton of online fan engagement, and won an Emmy, so I’m not really sure what your point is.

by Anonymousreply 188August 6, 2022 2:27 PM

Dear R188 , You obviously meant R185 not R184 .

by Anonymousreply 189August 6, 2022 2:42 PM

Chavez acts like a big ole Queen.

by Anonymousreply 190August 6, 2022 2:45 PM

Yes, thanks, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 191August 6, 2022 2:54 PM

Dex actor didn't waste any time becoming a Mo sycophant. He's worshipping at the right altar so I imagine he will be around for a while.

No mental health problems but he did endure a bout with acne as a teen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 7, 2022 7:22 PM

Maurice and Billy Flynn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 7, 2022 10:50 PM

R193 Please if they bring anyone on from DAYS, let it be Billy Finn. That man is so fine I get an erection every time his ass enters a scene. And he should be required to enter ever scene ass first. He has the look make him a recast Morgan.

R192 Hofer just seems like one of those guys that totally knows they are hot, which makes them much less hot.

by Anonymousreply 194August 7, 2022 11:39 PM

Hofer is gross. Not hot.

by Anonymousreply 195August 8, 2022 12:21 AM

R196 Excuse me? Dee Dee Hall clearly is young enough to play a recast Carly or Nina 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 196August 8, 2022 4:10 AM

Weren't there "rumors" that Dex is connected to a local resident too? I was wondering if he's Brenda's son.

by Anonymousreply 197August 8, 2022 4:12 AM

R184 That's definitely Frank's M.O. lol (even though I liked Stacy Morasco; Farah Fath and John-Paul Lavoisier claimed that was "the hardest" and "the worst storyline" they ever had to do on OLTL; I always suspected Farah hated it more than John-Paul though, and he was just going along with her since they were together at the time and she treated him like he was worthless) he will push Cody until he feels that he can't go any higher or further lol which will still not be enough to stop him. Hell if push comes to shove Cody will get written off then return as a brand new character 😆 or a recast Dillon (or any other legacy character or relative of one).

by Anonymousreply 198August 8, 2022 4:23 AM

R198 I hadn't thought of that but he would've been a great Dillon recast.

by Anonymousreply 199August 8, 2022 4:25 AM

R194 Ironically that almost occurred. Billy Flynn is a fan of GH, and he tweeted that he'd "stand in line" for one of GH's fan club events. Whether or not he was angling for a job on GH isn't exactly known (although he may have, since he wasn't on Days at the time) it got the attention of Bryan Craig and Wil de Vry, who both suggested that he'd make a great Morgan recast. Billy was all for it; however, when Bryan originally left, Maurice was against a recast, and said that the writers "would be better off killing Morgan" which wasn't what they (Jean P. and Shelley A.) wanted to do (however Frank sided with Maurice). It was a couple of years after Bryan was gone when Billy was suggested, however Maurice still hasn't wanted a recast.

by Anonymousreply 200August 8, 2022 4:31 AM

R199 Right with a nod to OLTL's Cutter/Kimberly sibling relationship somewhat revisited with Dillon/Brook-Lynn's uncle/niece connection.

by Anonymousreply 201August 8, 2022 6:50 AM

ABC and GH can brag about their ratings all they want--but GH is about to become the LOWEST rated network soap opera...which will not going to go unnoticed by TPTB when Game Shows like TPIR is cheaper and higher rated than the garbage ABC Daytime is churning out. ...............LINK......Latest Ratings.....This next year could be the end for GH..Expect Daytime versions of Pyramid and Press Your Luck....So long Mumbles....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 8, 2022 7:55 AM

[quote]Maxie is extra huge today, and the contour on her neck is not fooling anyone

That attempt at contouring is terrible. Once I started noticing it, I couldn't notice anything else in the scenes. I could barely pay attention to the dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 203August 8, 2022 9:39 AM

GH will move to Hulu for a short time and die there quickly. The end is very near.

by Anonymousreply 204August 8, 2022 10:35 AM

GH keeps winning the Outstanding Drama Daytime Emmy. That's got to help its place at ABC, right?

by Anonymousreply 205August 8, 2022 1:26 PM

The show airs on ABC with lots of big name/expensive commercials. When we get to the days of Mesothemia - Medicare commericals, then we should start worrying

by Anonymousreply 206August 8, 2022 1:34 PM

GH’s 2.5m-ish live viewers are not far off ABC’s primetime “breakout hit,” Abbott Elementary.

by Anonymousreply 207August 8, 2022 1:59 PM

This is funny. I wasn't feeling well last week and watched the soaps "live". I've decided that I never want to do that again.

I noticed that the commericals on the 2 CBS soaps were so sad. I'm 50 and I remember soap ads used to be detergent, cake mix, feminine hygiene products, household cleaning items, makeup, and baby things.

It was none of that on Y&R and B&B. All of the commercials were either drug companies or the same level of commercial you get on those MeTV / Antenna TV type channels. They were even advertising a ladies in home catheter!!! I'm not sure how they're staying on the air with that level of commercial.

Next was GH. Still a lot of drug companies, but a bigger mix of "national" type commercials for things like shampoo and dog food. However, I didn't see what I would call MeTV type commercials.

Finally there was Days. What was interesting about Days is that the commercials slots were mostly drug companies and network promotion spots with a few national spots thrown in. Most of the national spots were for snacks or grab and go foods and there was one for Ensure. I did see a commercial for Colonial Penn Insurance, but that was during the mid/show break. I think the mid/show break is when the local stations get to include some commercial time.

I'm not in TV advertising, but I don't think you have to be to figure out who is watching what shows based on the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 208August 8, 2022 2:01 PM

I am in tv advertising. Yes you can tell a lot about who is watching the show based on the commercials they are running. It’s also true that no one gives a crap about who is watching live on broadcast; all desirable demographics are watching online or streaming. There’s so much more to the viewership story and therefore profitability than Nielsen ratings.

Not only does a huge chunk of viewership come from online and streaming but you can also charge a much higher rate for those ads that can be targeted and personalized. Digital Ads are much more profitable because they are reaching qualified specific audiences and not just the lowest common denominator.

Commercial targetability is why all viewership will be digital in the near future.

Also news in particular on broadcast is extremely valuable in the political season leading up to Election Day. Viewers of news are much more likely to vote than viewers of soap operas. Doesn’t necessarily mean soap operas are going away right now but they are for far more profitable online and news is far more profitable on broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 209August 8, 2022 2:21 PM

R207 But Abbott Elementary doesn’t produce 250 hour long episodes a year like GH.

by Anonymousreply 210August 8, 2022 2:45 PM

But the budget for producing those few episodes of Abbott Elementary is likely double the yearly budget for producing 250 (not hour long, 36 minutes at best) episodes of GH

by Anonymousreply 211August 8, 2022 2:52 PM

Just my personal opinion, but I have long believed that the only thing that was keeping GH on the air was Days of our Lives. I think the move to streaming makes perfect sense for Days and, quite frankly, I think a similar move makes sense for GH. At this time it doesn't make sense for the CBS shows to go streaming only. The audience is different.

Prospect Park was probably about 5 years too early and run by people who didn't understand the full picture of the daytime game. I would expect changes are coming to Days to make the numbers work. However, the fans are going to have to accept certain tradeoffs to make it work.

I think Days and eventually GH could be the two shows that could move the ball forward.

by Anonymousreply 212August 8, 2022 3:03 PM

Everyone says that streaming is where its at. Streaming a 6-10 episode season, yes. But streaming a 250 episode season???? That will FAIL. No one has that patience. Not to mention the patients in nursing homes that will no longer watch. And to top it off, to PAY for it????? NO thanks!!!!!!! Days is SO fucking over.

by Anonymousreply 213August 8, 2022 4:07 PM

I'm not so sure r212. There is also a rumor claiming that NBC gave Days 2 options either move to 🦚 or get canceled.

by Anonymousreply 214August 8, 2022 4:49 PM

What's your source R214 ?

by Anonymousreply 215August 8, 2022 4:50 PM

Is anyone else super annoyed with the writing for Michael and Willow. Both characters went from super sweet good guys to smug sanctimonious assholes within a very short time

by Anonymousreply 216August 8, 2022 6:19 PM

What’s the dish on Duell? He and the new “wife” split up weeks after their “marriage”. Can’t decide if Duell is an immature ass or a nutcase

by Anonymousreply 217August 8, 2022 6:20 PM

I know that Chad is not everyone's favorite, but I still think he is a victim of things beyond his control. I think the actor is capable of more, but for whatever reason, the show is determined to keep him in a box.

by Anonymousreply 218August 8, 2022 6:25 PM

Pretty sure Chad is noboy's favorite, but I'd still be interested in what indicates from his 12 years on the show that he's capable of more

by Anonymousreply 219August 8, 2022 8:25 PM

Maxie's smeared eye makeup today looked like Britney's usual smeared mess eye makeup. I hope Maxie doesn't start twirling about and taking off her clothes too.

by Anonymousreply 220August 8, 2022 8:37 PM

Dumb rumor.

Broadcast is for old people now.

Still plenty of ad revenue to be driven with digital viewership where you can target audiences more precisely and therefore charge more for the same inventory.

by Anonymousreply 221August 8, 2022 11:45 PM

Except broadcast is changing, with the switchover to NextGen TV, which we are in the middle of, over the air local broadcasters will be able to start offering extra things like interactive features, video on demand(streaming), pay-per-view, and pay channels. All through an antenna, no need for cable, satellite, or even the internet. Every cord cutter, should utilize free OTA broadcasters as an auxiliary. With the decline of local newspapers, local affiliates are the last place to get local news in much of the country. And, in severe weather you can sometimes pick them up long after the internet and cell phones go down.

I don't think broadcast will die, but I think it will change.

by Anonymousreply 222August 8, 2022 11:57 PM

Sounds like you work in broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 223August 9, 2022 12:39 AM

R223 No, I've just always been very interested in broadcasting, even though I have no interest in engineering. For one thing where I grew up that was all we had, unless we paid through the nose for satellite. Also, we own the airwaves, so we should use them. I can't believe how many people think they have to keep cable in order to receive their local channels. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, the CW, Telemundo, and many smaller networks are free and come over the airwaves which are owned by the citizens of this country, we allow broadcasters to use them in order to provide us a service. It is the most successful public/private partnerships I think we have ever had.

by Anonymousreply 224August 9, 2022 12:48 AM

Even Chase can't save the MC pool this year. I'd like a JFP-style disaster to level the whole building, please.

At first I thought LW's hairdresser had turned on her, but then the camera panned around and I saw it was Cam Mathison's wife.

by Anonymousreply 225August 10, 2022 9:03 AM

Keep Willow out of scenes with Ava. That was painful to watch and only highlighted just how bad the Willow actress is.

by Anonymousreply 226August 10, 2022 1:32 PM

In the nearly four years Willow has been around, I don't think I've ever thought anything more complimentary than "She has pretty hair." I don't get her.

by Anonymousreply 227August 10, 2022 1:53 PM

I enjoyed the Willow-Chase pairing, but Willow has been deadly dull with every other character on the show

by Anonymousreply 228August 10, 2022 3:22 PM

R228 I just want Nina to discover she is Willow's mother, finally. Hopefully, it will happen before Willow drops dead. From the moment those two characters met, I knew they would be mother and daughter, I want my fucking pay-off GH!

by Anonymousreply 229August 10, 2022 3:26 PM

Funny you said that r227 ‘cause I thought her hair looked like shit the other day with Ava. Dry, frizzy, fly-aways.

I know, MARY.

by Anonymousreply 230August 10, 2022 3:27 PM

Every woman in this cast needs to see Kin Shriner's colorist. His sun-kissed mane made Ava look like Grandma Moses yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 231August 10, 2022 3:53 PM

Are we going to have to wait until November for an Esme is alive reveal?

by Anonymousreply 232August 10, 2022 3:55 PM

[quote]I just want Nina to discover she is Willow's mother, finally. Hopefully, it will happen before Willow drops dead.

Well, that's obviously going to happen because she's sick and on death's door.

Willow will need a bone marrow donor and no one will be a match. They'll beg everyone in town to get tested to see if they're matches but no one will. Finally, Michael will have to suck it up and dangle visits with Wylie in front of Nina as an enticement for her to get tested. Or maybe it will be Carly, who already knows they're mother and daugther, who will have to dangle the Wylie visits to convince her to get tested.

Or something along those lines.

by Anonymousreply 233August 10, 2022 4:41 PM

R233 I just want the reveal to happen finally

by Anonymousreply 234August 10, 2022 7:31 PM

So this Cody loser is Dominique’s kid.

by Anonymousreply 235August 10, 2022 7:33 PM

If Dominique is his mother, who is dad? Mac?

by Anonymousreply 236August 10, 2022 7:40 PM

Is that fucken ugly Twitter loser Alan Sarapa thinking he’s funny calling Cody some made up nickname? Asshole Alan. Leave your momma’s basement once in awhile moron.

by Anonymousreply 237August 10, 2022 8:33 PM

Sarapa didn’t come up with “Truck Nuts” (which I think is funny but can’t explain why), another GH Twitter recap account did.

by Anonymousreply 238August 10, 2022 9:53 PM

Another unknown child for Scotty? Oy

by Anonymousreply 239August 10, 2022 11:25 PM

Alan Sarapa is in the “special” class. Bless the mess. He thinks that he’s popular because 97% of his followers are bots. A true moron. He’s not funny. He’s grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 240August 11, 2022 1:54 AM

Who the hell is Dominique?

by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2022 2:03 AM

R241 The tragic love of Scott's life. I mean it really was a moving story.

by Anonymousreply 242August 11, 2022 4:36 AM

The writing continues to worsen, and the ham handed scenes surrounding the reveal were hard to watch. Poor Kelly Theibaud wins an Emmy one week, and is starring in a vaudeville act the next.

by Anonymousreply 243August 11, 2022 9:35 AM

GH has become so boring. Fire Frank. He’s been there too long. He’s burnt out.

by Anonymousreply 244August 11, 2022 11:06 AM

Why is Drew suddenly Dr. Evil??

by Anonymousreply 245August 11, 2022 11:49 AM

They are desperately trying to make Drew a force to be reckoned with, as Jason was. The trouble is the portrayal is totally milquetoast. He's Carly's lapdog, for goodness sake, carrying her box out of the hotel. Tactical mistake by the writers.

by Anonymousreply 246August 11, 2022 5:52 PM

R246 that is just more making him like Jason, I could totally have seen him carrying her box out of the MC.

by Anonymousreply 247August 11, 2022 6:01 PM

They're writing Drew as everyone's best friend and everyone's talk-to. Drew carrying out Carly's boxes just seemed to be part of that characterization.

But they're also clearly setting things up for a Drew-Carly romance, so him being such a nice guy by carrying out those boxes helps move things in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 248August 11, 2022 6:42 PM

I find the Drew-Carly friendship, which will turn into a romance, to be insulting.

Carly dropped Drew like a hot potato the moment Jason returned. Left him alone struggling to figure out who he was after they were thick as thieves when she thought he was Jason.

I know they've passing reference to that and how Drew is trying to be forgiving of the past. But it seems like they missed a great opportunity to have some interesting story of Drew and Carly slowly renewing their friendship despite the horrible way she treated him before,

Instead we get Carly and Drew as InstaFriends.

by Anonymousreply 249August 11, 2022 6:49 PM

Was today Roger Howarth's last day? He's acting like he's begging to be fired. And good riddance.

Curtis, Portia, Jordan, Dex, Rory: Who won worst performance by a GH cast member on Thursday?

Is Kentucky Fried Tad Martin grooming NAC to replace his lost love, James Scott?

So many questions, but never any answers, at the very busy, always understaffed, General Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 250August 11, 2022 7:01 PM

I had forgotten what a bad actor Cameron Mathison is

by Anonymousreply 251August 11, 2022 7:01 PM

I think he’s Mac’s kid with Dominique, R239.

by Anonymousreply 252August 11, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote]I had forgotten what a bad actor Cameron Mathison is

They'd be very wise to keep things light with him. The memory of his performance on AMC as a grieving Ryan (when Gillian) will never leave me, and I don't mean that in a good way.

I didn't think Billy Miller was all that in this role, but we're lucky CamMat wasn't there for the Oscar/cancer stuff.

by Anonymousreply 253August 11, 2022 9:50 PM

^ Missing word above. "When Gillian died," obviously.

Just so as not to waste a post on a correction:

[quote]GH has become so boring. Fire Frank. He’s been there too long. He’s burnt out.

This. It really needs some new blood. I doubt it'll happen, though. The show is terminal.

by Anonymousreply 254August 11, 2022 9:52 PM

Cameron needs to be put on the sayonara elevator - STAT.

His chirpy Drew is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 255August 11, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote]Cameron needs to be put on the sayonara elevator - STAT.

Well, the elevator was closed for a while without any explanation provided.

Seemed like the only purpose behind it was to make Elizabeth walk down the stairs and drop the files when she remembered seeing Peter's body and a voice from her childhood.

But maybe there was more to the elevator being out than we know!

by Anonymousreply 256August 11, 2022 10:31 PM

I wonder how they'll explain Cody being Mac's & Dominique's? At least with Scotty, they can use the whole surrogacy angle/twin of Serena's somehow.

by Anonymousreply 257August 12, 2022 9:58 PM

The age retcons on this show are hilarious. First RoHo as 30-something Austin Holt and now this Cody bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 258August 12, 2022 10:04 PM

Unless they're using Cody as Scotty/Dominique's or Mac/Dominique's to try and throw all of us off, when he's really Mac/Katherine's. I wondered if there was a relation to Katherine with his last name being Bell.

by Anonymousreply 259August 12, 2022 10:08 PM

R258 IA lol and when they Soras them their ages should at least all align with each other. Cameron should be closer to Kristina & Morgan's age, while Spencer was actually born a few months prior to Molly and a year before Jake, who was born before Josslyn. One rumor that persisted was how Becky looked too young to have "teenage kids" so they kept Cameron a child as long as they could.

by Anonymousreply 260August 12, 2022 10:15 PM

As I recall, Mary Beth Evans was off the show for a few months in there. Don't recall when it was.

Don't recall the storyline that was playing out on screen, but I do distinctly recall reacting when she reappeared, thinking, "It's been months since I've seen her.

Maybe they can claim Katherine was off having a baby during that time.

by Anonymousreply 261August 12, 2022 10:18 PM

R261 With DAYS' future being up in the air maybe they are laying the groundwork to bring MBE back to PC. When Katherine Bell first arrived she was posing as Katherine Crawford a friend of Dominique's. Also, she "died" when Helena pushed her off the parapet, and we know two things 1)Helena liked to collect her "kills" and actually keep them alive stashed in a facility 2) I don't think anyone actually dies when they fall off that parapet.

by Anonymousreply 262August 12, 2022 10:38 PM

It's gonna be so much fun watching the undoing of GH when Days leaves broadcast for streaming. Some say it's already started. Pass the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 263August 12, 2022 10:42 PM

We're getting close to the end of the line, so-

Next thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 12, 2022 10:56 PM

When is Frank going to cut Jordan and her awful mannered acting loose? Isn't there a mob war crossfire she can get tragically caught in the middle of?

by Anonymousreply 265August 12, 2022 11:05 PM

And Howarth needs to go. Enough already. Just total dead weight.

by Anonymousreply 266August 12, 2022 11:11 PM

R261 That's a good observation. If she did have a baby, I wonder what would be her reasoning for not informing Mac, unless she didn't want to raise a child. Whether he's Katherine's or Dominique's, Cody should be a little younger than Dante lol not around his age. However they change their ages to fit the story (like how a now 30 year-old Nelle couldn't possibly know a now 49 year-old Carly when she was a little girl, unless Carly is supposed to be younger, which still doesn't make sense; Frank refused to let the writers have them related biologically, so they had to twist everything around to form a connection)

by Anonymousreply 267August 13, 2022 12:19 AM

R262 Right she was a con artist like Cody is supposed to be lol scheming to get her half of Dominique's fortune. She was the illegitimate daughter of Dominique's father, born to the family cook and grew up with Dominique as Katie Bell.

by Anonymousreply 268August 13, 2022 12:24 AM

R263 IA with others who mentioned that ABC was waiting around to see what NBC would do with DOOL, because they didn't want to be the first to pull the plug, perse. Now that NBC has made their move, ABC may very well shift GH to streaming as well. They'll most likely wait until after the big 60th anniversary, however it would take a miracle for GH to reach Y&R/B&B levels of numbers to keep them on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 269August 13, 2022 12:29 AM

They've already pointed out that Dominque's husband was evil, so she would have good reason to hide her child with Mac away from him.

It will be nice to have another Scorpio on the show

by Anonymousreply 270August 13, 2022 1:37 AM

Frank hired his out of work buddies, has his hack writers pick a random character from the past and then rewrite/retcon away.

This Cody actor can go. Same with Howarth, Mathison and Easton. Get rid of Fattie Storms, Monaco and McCoy while you’re at it.

by Anonymousreply 271August 13, 2022 2:56 AM

R271 True Dominique's husband was evil. Well either way Cody being Dominique's or Katherine's is a nod to the show's history, and Scotty already has/had four kids (Franco, Karen, Logan, Serena) to Mac's zero, so it would be fair for him to be Mac's (along with the fact that Scotty's kids seem cursed, except for Serena).

by Anonymousreply 272August 13, 2022 3:27 AM

The makeup people must hate Kirsten Storms. Half the time just her face looks white and pasty while the rest of her looks normal like she's in kabuki makeup and half the time she has a neck contour that a drag queen would be ashamed to be seen in. She supposedly owns a cosmetics company.

The wardrobe department must not be fans either. As a so called fashionista, her wardrobe looks like its straight out of Walmart and makes her look like humpty dumpty potato. There are plenty of large women who wear fashionable clothing.

I've been a fan of hers since her run on DOOL but the character of a cutting edge fashionista does not match the visual presented. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 273August 13, 2022 4:43 AM

I cannot wait for Anna to run into Ryan Lavery and ask him why he is calling himself Drew.

by Anonymousreply 274August 13, 2022 4:45 AM

I pity poor Mac and Felicia if they both suddenly get saddled with ne'er do well long lost bastard spawn.

by Anonymousreply 275August 13, 2022 4:52 AM

Storms was fine as Belle on DOOL. She was blond, petite, cute, and could act at a level that was more than acceptable for a younger cast member of DOOL.

Twenty years later, she's...still blond.

Maxie and Austin are the worst current couple on a show that has many candidates for the title. There's just nothing there. They don't look good together; they don't have an interesting rapport; there was never any reason for them (other than "He found her in the woods"). We just know they're out there, and we check in on them once in a while and they say some stuff to each other. I don't think anyone involved believes in it either.

by Anonymousreply 276August 13, 2022 5:12 AM

Since Genie and Tony's hate for one another prevents GH from ever writing a satisfying ending to the show, I wouldn't pay to follow GH to Hulu. I am, however, paying to follow DAYS to Peacock come September.

by Anonymousreply 277August 13, 2022 10:13 AM

R277 = RUMOR is Days will be going naughty on Peacock with brief nudity and cuss words. The Throuple Storyline seems to indicate it too....Let me just say RSW seems like the Generic Queen you see at any WestHO bar who swears he is "BI". He is also not aging that well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 13, 2022 11:09 AM

They've already shot 6 months worth of episodes that were intended to air on broadcast, and shot what's airing now 6 months ago, before the announcement of moving to Peacock. We'll check back in on nudity and cuss words in February 2023.

by Anonymousreply 279August 13, 2022 11:30 AM

Who was Karen’s mother?

by Anonymousreply 280August 13, 2022 12:03 PM

You all say some crazy shit on this site, but to say that RSW is aging badly means you should get cataract surgery or something.

They've retconned poor Scott Baldwin so much that god only knows how you can piece together an accurate history of that character.

by Anonymousreply 281August 13, 2022 1:01 PM

Scott's supersperm is second only to Sonny's. I remember was Scotty was just a skinny kid going to law school, making his dad Lee proud of him, and falling in love with Leslie's young daughter Laura.

by Anonymousreply 282August 13, 2022 1:22 PM

The Logan actor was great casting as far as a resemblance to Shriner but it was a stupid retcon. The Franco retcon was even worse. They bring on these random long lost kids but many viewers have been wanting Serena back and on regularly for years.

by Anonymousreply 283August 13, 2022 2:01 PM

I suspect ABC/DISNEY/HULU are going to be watching what happens with DAYS on Peacock before making a move. GH, unlike DAYS, Y&R, and B&B, is an in-house production and presumably profitable.

by Anonymousreply 284August 13, 2022 3:08 PM

R280 Rhonda Wexler, portrayed by Denise Galik-Furey. She was more of a heavy recurring character; she was in an abusive relationship with a guy named Ray, who also abused Karen. Alan accidentally killed Ray (he had a brief flirtatation with Rhonda, which was never consummated) before the character was written out (after Karen and Jagger married/moved away). Rhonda was on Port Charles as well.

by Anonymousreply 285August 13, 2022 5:00 PM

*Correcting myself at R260, Molly was born a few months prior to Spencer (while Cameron was born a year before her). And at R285, meant flirtation lol

by Anonymousreply 286August 13, 2022 5:09 PM

I’ve given up on US soap children ever being portrayed as their correct age. I vividly remember watching Nick’s birth on Y&R but somehow he is a good ten years older than me now.

Other than Jessica on OLTL and Robin on GH I can’t think of many soap kids allowed to grow up on the show. I mean Joss should be turning13 this year.

by Anonymousreply 287August 13, 2022 6:19 PM

I'm not a SORAS fan, but I can understand why writers go there. In most cases it's an easy story. Generational conflict is not hard to write, but it really fucks over 30 year old actors who now have to play parents to 16 year olds portrayed by 20 year olds.

I understand why they kept Liz's kids close to their actual ages, but the guy who plays Cameron should not be in story with someone like Nicholas Chavez. Chavez looks like a grown ass man, the guy who plays Cameron looks like he just got his first pube.

by Anonymousreply 288August 13, 2022 6:36 PM

I'm not against SORAS'ing either; I get that sometimes it's necessary to age children in order to move stories along. My issue is when they pick and choose which characters to age while leaving others the way they are; the Jake/Joss transplant was a big story and since Joss was younger than him he should've been aged first lol jmo. I know Becky looks younger than her actual age however that shouldn't have stopped them from aging her kids.

by Anonymousreply 289August 15, 2022 11:28 PM

R290 Another issue is when they sometimes age the kids while making their parents younger lol like how AMC originally did with Erica and Kendall. When SMG was first hired as Kendall towards the end of 1992/beginning of 1993, she was 15 going on 16, and the writers intended to make her closer to that age, with a birth year of 1976. Fans balked, for they knew Erica as 16 herself in 1970; since Kendall was born when she was 14, that would've made Erica 31 going on 32 (Susan was 46 at the time). They decided to alter Kendall's birth to September 1969, which was four months before AMC hit the air, acknowledging her as a 23/24 year old who looked younger and acted immature lol (Erica was 37/38; still younger than Susan's 46, though Erica was always 7 or 8 years younger than Susan). Ironically, when Alicia began playing Kendall, they changed her birth year back to 1976 (and Erica's back to 1961 from 1953/1954 lol)

by Anonymousreply 290August 15, 2022 11:47 PM

So, Drew is "supposed" to be Jason's identical twin or regular old twin?

by Anonymousreply 291August 16, 2022 1:25 PM

Drew and Jason were identical twins until Drew had plastic surgery following the wreck outside the Creighton Clark clinic.

by Anonymousreply 292August 16, 2022 4:21 PM

Idk who Cameron Mathison is playing but it ain’t Drew.

by Anonymousreply 293August 16, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]Cameron Mathison is playing but it ain’t Drew

He's playing Ryan Lavery.

by Anonymousreply 294August 16, 2022 11:43 PM

R293 = He is playing Ryan Lavery. Talk about a one trick pony. Watching Cameron reminds me of why AMC got cancelled..

by Anonymousreply 295August 17, 2022 12:51 AM

At R290 I addressed myself lol it was meant for R288

by Anonymousreply 296August 17, 2022 3:32 AM

It would've made more sense for Cameron to play Ryan, and it isn't like he wasn't able to for ABC/Frank won the rights back to AMC/OLTL characters in the Fall of 2016. Frank originally wanted GH to become a "super soap" with AMC/OLTL characters coming in and out; besides the reference of Liv Jerome possibly being Alex Olanov, along with Nora Buchanan's brief visit, nothing else has really sprung from it. Not being able to have RH resume his role as Todd could possibly be more of a reason for him to not have other former characters on too, since there are certain restrictions and provisions.

by Anonymousreply 297August 17, 2022 3:42 AM

R297 ABC needs to get the stick out of their ass about Todd, it is the only character RH should be playing, Franco was a downgrade, but Austin isn't even the gum on the bottom of Todd's shoe. He is a fictional character no real person raped any other real person, in the context of Todd Manning, so get over it. And a super soap would be a great idea, imagine dumping all the horrible extra characters on GH that no one likes and replacing them with beloved characters. I don't understand the GH fans who hate that. RH's Todd filling the Drew role for Carly right now would be a hell of alot better than her and Drew. Make CM Ryan Lavery and I'm fine with some sort of triangle. Also, as the name suggests Ryan has ties to PC as he part of the Lavery clan. More soap is always a good thing. Oh and Erica Kane should have a Crimson storyline, Maxie keeps mentioning her.

by Anonymousreply 298August 17, 2022 4:08 AM

So nuNik and Victor get panicky and throw Esme's suitcase in the bushes because Supercop Jordan is at the door. Except this is an island, with guards, and plenty of lead time when someone is approaching. I hate that kind of dumb shit.

The guy playing Rory is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 299August 17, 2022 8:54 AM

R298 ICAM with everything you said 😆

by Anonymousreply 300August 18, 2022 4:55 AM

Lots of deadweight on this show. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 301August 18, 2022 6:23 PM

I cannot believe FV allows Kirsten Storm to look the way she does

by Anonymousreply 302August 20, 2022 3:12 AM

R302 Two reasons 1) you can't really tell people they are fat anymore, unless he wants to be fired after creating a twitter storm. 2) I believe she is untouchable, for some reason, I would suspect due to her Disney Channel work when younger and things that might have occurred to her or that she witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 303August 20, 2022 3:16 AM

Olivia's dress on yesterday's episode looks like it is from the Helen Roper collection.

by Anonymousreply 304August 20, 2022 3:30 AM

Tbh R303, I think she’s basically a charity case at this point. Frank, who she calls “Uncle Frank”, probably feels sorry for her. And perhaps thinks she’s get into drugs again unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 305August 20, 2022 5:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!