Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race Winners' Season Part II

Jinx, Jaida, Trinity or Shea?

by Anonymousreply 322September 22, 2022 10:26 PM

old thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2022 7:26 PM

I did not make a poll because I do not personally strive for Drag Excellence.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2022 7:27 PM

Raja is full of botox and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2022 7:34 PM

And the winner is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2022 7:34 PM

Calling it: Jinx and Monet will be the final two (production seems to be heavily favouring these two). Monet will win the Crown largely because the SM backlash would be too much if they crown a white queen over a POC.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2022 7:37 PM

Ru is past twinners for the sake of race relations.

He’s picked Jinkx.

It’s like when he picked the fat one in UK S2, even though Bimini came back from lock down and absolutely won the competition.

When the mind is made up, it will not be changed

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2022 8:32 PM

The Winner hasn't been decided yet. Peppermint said on the Pit Stop? that on her season, she was eliminated in fourth place. Behind Shea, Trinity and Sasha. Later, Drag Race called them back for reshoots - where they filmed them all making the final four. ( no doubt because Ru was afraid to drop the T) Drag Race is always tinkering. Peppermint ended up in the finale being runner up to Sasha.

Willow Pill was even more underwhelming than Yvie Oddley. But like Bob and Yvie on their seasons - they were the only contestants who didn't totally suck. And yes Ru had a thing for their humor and Yvie's big DICK. But Ru LOVES Jaida and Monet, as well as Jinkx. Don't count them out.

I don't think the winner has been decided yet at all. It's just the old watchers who are so crazy for Raja and Jinkx. Trinity will be Miss Congeniality for sure and she does have a bit of a robotic switch to her lip sync performing. But, she's also been cheated out of a few stars IMO.

Jaida and Monet can BOTH beat Jinkx in a lip sync. So could Shea and Yvie and Trinity.

Jinkx expects to win. WE can tell. I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2022 11:31 PM

Same thing as Willow Pill. She decided that she would win in episode one and what should’ve have been a charming underdog arc transformed to an underwhelming frontrunner arc.

by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2022 6:30 AM

R5 I think it’s still ok for white people to win things, it’s when it’s constantly white that it becomes a problem. And drag race has a diverse enough plethora of winners now from different backgrounds for Jinxx to win and for it to not to alert the woke police.

by Anonymousreply 9July 11, 2022 8:02 AM

The show lost a fuckton of credibility when they gave Sonique the win last season, which was essentially a “Congratulations on getting your dick chopped off!” PR damage control move.

If Jinkx doesn’t win this year, the backlash from the audience will be huge. The Reddit squeaky wheels who hate white people can bitch and moan all the time, but they’re ultimately a small fraction of the total audience:

Jinkx has performed at a level that’s significantly higher than anyone else this season. They can’t pull producer bullshit this time. If Monet or Shea gets a pity win, the show will confirm its own irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 10July 11, 2022 8:25 AM

In 2022 is there any need to confirm the irrelevance of RPDR?

by Anonymousreply 11July 11, 2022 8:46 AM

Jinkx lost the lipsync because she performed it like an actress (channelling Dixie Carter) while Monet did it like a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2022 12:09 PM

Agreed R12. I liked Jinkx more. Agreeing with someone from the last thread: I like Raja this season. She’s redeemed herself from her season where she was a raging cunt the entire time and not in the least bit funny or interesting (to me). Now, she’s old, humbled, and funny. I’m liking what I’m seeing from her.

by Anonymousreply 13July 11, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote]It’s like when he picked the fat one in UK S2, even though Bimini came back from lock down and absolutely won the competition. When the mind is made up, it will not be changed"

She did the same thing for Krystal Versace from UK 3 fairly early on, too. She makes it pretty clear these days when she's got a boner for someone.

by Anonymousreply 14July 11, 2022 2:59 PM

R14 Krystal was the only contestant worthy of the crown. Lot of messy queens that season. Ella Vaday was pretty good, but she didn't have the charisma and deserved runner up.

by Anonymousreply 15July 11, 2022 8:44 PM

At least you're discussing Versace and not Method.

by Anonymousreply 16July 11, 2022 11:29 PM

Ella Vaday was the only drag queen who I wanted to fuck as a man. God, he's beautiful. But as a drag queen...eh.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2022 1:00 AM

I love Jinkx, but I want Trinity to win. Her runways are amazing.

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2022 1:11 AM

^ Me too, R18. I think it could happen.🤞

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2022 3:53 AM

Trinity is really charming, and warm, and evolved and aware and cool.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2022 4:16 AM

That’s cute that R5 is “calling it” - with information she got from Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2022 5:06 AM

I wonder how much each of the queens is getting paid just to be there ?

by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2022 5:22 AM

I've wondered that too, R22. And I am guessing it's enough that while they want the $200K, they are all pretty laid back about the plunger bit.

by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2022 11:32 AM

I am charmed by Trinity, but she's standing out as congenial, sweet and professional and not as a challenge winner this time around. (Which I personally prefer.)

It's interesting how much a schtick can make or break a contestant.

Jinkx's supposed schtick is the saloon girl thing, but really, it's being a manic gremlin. And it is working to her advantage bigtime.

One reason many people rejected Raja the first time around is that Raja was just Raja with no defined persona and creative costumes (sans fake boobs, which pissed people off). Now she's playing a 'wise guru' with a campy 'cult leader' spin and people are gobbling it up.

Trinity, meanwhile...tucks. As they all do. And she had a lot of long trains on her gowns. Trinity, drop the tuck. You may sell a lot of panties on your website, but you can come up with something better.

I think maybe one reason Monet doesn't standout is that she doesn't have any schtick at all. She tried to make the sponge thing her thing but RuPaul told her never to do it again and she listened. He had to tell her that her name refers to money and so money should be her schtick and it was a revelation to her...

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2022 11:33 AM

Part of their compensation this time is, "We won't criticize anything you do or wear or say, and you'll all get airtime the entire season, so you're guaranteed to make lots of new fans."

People have said for years that the real payoff of the show is the exposure and just getting the screen time of lasting until the end pays off almost as much as winning. They all get that this time around, and the judges stubbornly have not given insane, vicious Drag Race fans any ammunition for attacking anyone this time around.

I made a comment on a YouTube video that wasn't critical of anyone, just some observation, and about a dozen Drag Race fanatics 'dragged' me in replies. I assume they are children and so I chose not to reply, but wow, some fans of the show are really always looking for a rumble.

by Anonymousreply 25July 12, 2022 11:37 AM

Drag Race fans are the most toxic fan community on the internet. I blame the switch to VH1. When it was still gay guys and cool straight chicks, everyone had common sense and could take the shadier stuff in stride. The early seasons are a celebration of gay culture. It became toothless when the straight audience barged in and demanded everything change to fit their sensibilities.

These are the same straight people who will destroy a white person online for wearing a kimono but think that straight white women are ENTITLED to slots as competitors in a gay man drag contest.

by Anonymousreply 26July 12, 2022 12:05 PM

R26 I don't know...a lot of people here seem to hate RuPaul for stupid or ignorant reasons, too.

This video is an example of what I was talking about. Some humorless person posted it with the headline "STOP interviewing RuPaul PLEASE." I suppose it's supposed to be embarrassing or to show something is wrong with RuPaul. I don't see whatever it is that the person is trying to point out but I have some assumptions.

The clip begins with RuPaul responding to an interviewer calling RuPaul a drag queen. He responds, "A DRAG QUEEN!? A DRAG QUEEN! I am the queen of draaaag." He's very clearly being playful and tapping into old ballroom bravado here. But this is evidently seen as indefensible narcissism to some. Idiots.

Most of the other clips show RuPaul being forgetful. So what? He's really funny to me when he forgets what he is saying. Everyone in the comments blames it on dtug use. I've always done this and the only drug I've ever taken is ayahuasca, in my mid-30s, so it's not responsible. Some people just think differently.

Someone in the comments did point out that all the forgetfulness shown in the video clips shows that RuPaul isn't slighting the contestants by forgetting who they are. That's another thing people hate about him, but there have been 150+ contestants over 20ish seasons (counting UK and All Stars and celebrity and Drag U). I would never remember everyone, especially considering you basically have to remember two faces and names per person, the drag and real-life personas.

And then there's the hatred over RuPaul being "a fracker." He's not. He owns an expansive ranch in Wyoming. When the state of Wyoming wants to frack on private property, it does so, and property owners have no ability to opt out. The state's preference overrides indoviduals' rights. And when they do frack on private property, owners have some 'mineral rights' and are entitled to a cut of the profits. So without selling his ranch (which no doubt his Australian rancher husband is the one who wanted), he can't not be a fracker.

It's ridiculous that insane fans look for ways to make this guy a villain. He's messy, but there's no drag culture without messiness. He also has a rare comic wit that he never gets credit for these days, and the whole fucking show is built around him, every single aspect of it, and I don't understand how people obsessed with the show including its contestants think RuPaul is a problem that needs to be solved. He is the whole show. Most of the foreign spinoffs are awful and his missing presence is a major reason why in most cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 12, 2022 12:24 PM

The Jimmy Fallon "a drag queen??" moment at the beginning of R27's clip is so funny because Fallon's whole career flashes before his eyes. He really thought the end was nigh.

by Anonymousreply 28July 12, 2022 12:35 PM

Sober queens secretly despise non -sobers. So don’t expect ru to coronate raja.

by Anonymousreply 29July 12, 2022 12:42 PM

I think Fallon was trying to decide whether RuPaul was being serious or not and was worried he was. This is one of those legit drag/gay subculture things that adds some edge, along with reading people. Uninitiated people are appalled or freaked out by certain behaviors that are just part of the game play and not to be taken seriously.

But honestly, I feel like you'd have to have a touch of autism not to realize RuPaul was being funny in that clip. Yet it's the sort of thing RuPaul says that turns people against him and makes people crusade against him for being a monster. It's so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 30July 12, 2022 12:44 PM

Drag Race Espana is probably the best of the non-Ru shows. The panel is great. The worst is Canada.

by Anonymousreply 31July 12, 2022 2:02 PM

I will counter that with DR Thailand being the best. Great inventive looks, really great panel with Art and of course, Pangina, who give really good critical advice without being cunty.

by Anonymousreply 32July 12, 2022 2:21 PM

R31 Remember Australia? 👀

I liked the first season of the Netherlands version and the first season of Spain, but after that I really lost all interest.

I watched two seasons of Canada and disliked the first more than the second. Abysmal judges and the winner did nothing for me.

The UK is my favorite spinoff, and RuPaul is the host. I think he is what makes the show entertaining, full stop. Of course many contestants are wonderfully entertaining but his sense of humor is the glue. I really don't get why people hate him so aggressively while obsessively watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 33July 12, 2022 2:22 PM

R28 that exchange symbolizes how woke people get off on threatening people.

They claim to be so progressive but in the end it's all about controlling other people.

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2022 12:11 AM

R28, why did RuPaul even go on Fallon?

I remember RuPaul claiming in an article that Fallon "stole" his idea for Lip Sync Battle from Drag Race. RuPaul is such a fake. I guess they forced Fallon to have him on.

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2022 12:18 AM

Bendelacreme has a tiktok where he's putting on his makeup and laughing over RuPaul not knowing Jinkx name at this years Drag Con. When he was standing beside her. Ben says when they were filming All Stars 3, that Ru said to Shangela - "I think I've seen you somewhere before?" It was ALL STARS - they had ALL been on the show before - Shangela more than most!

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2022 1:14 AM

GURL! You can make a big batch of caramelized onions in a slow cooker/crockpot, and then freeze and use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2022 1:16 AM

Wrong thread, I admit, but you never know who may want a fuckton of those delicious things.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2022 1:17 AM

GURL! You can make a big batch of caramelized onions in a slow cooker/crockpot, and then freeze and use.

I accidentally posted it in a DragRace thread, and you know those bitches cannot cook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2022 1:19 AM

That’s just food trollery

by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2022 1:39 AM

I think Ri did too many drugs. He's a tad doddering, but to me he can do no wrong

by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2022 2:29 AM

R35, Fallon has been in the tonight show since 2014, and lip sync for your life has been a thing since 2009.

I think Fallon borrows from a variety of classic game show formats to air his type of entertainment. If anything Fallon was "paying tribute" to Ru by having lip sync battles on his show. But essentially yes Fallon did put that on the air while Ru was already doing it so it kind of takes from her current brand.

I think it's fair to say that Ru was stolen from.

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2022 2:39 AM

There was a network (maybe VHF/UHF?) lip sync game show in the 1980s that I watched as a young kid. I didn't understand the point of it, but it lasted at least a year or two.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2022 10:41 AM

[quote]There was a network (maybe VHF/UHF?) lip sync game show in the 1980s

Puttin' On The HIts?

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2022 11:31 AM

Followed by Putting on the Kids. Very cringe.

These were one at a time variety show style format performances where judges would score you 1-10. I recall a few very creative ones.

This is different than side by side performing competition, which is a staple of ball culture. Ru simply modified it for her show.

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2022 5:35 PM

R42, the idea actually came from Fallon's guest. He never claimed it was his idea ( I think this article is incorrect in saying that Lip Sync Battle started on the Tonight Show. It started when Krasinski visited Fallon on his old show):

it started as a segment on Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show. Part of his winning formula has always been getting stars to play silly games and engage in wacky stunts. John Krasinski, his wife Emily Blunt, and UK actor Stephen Merchant were brainstorming ideas for Krasinski’s upcoming visit to the show and came up with the idea to have Krasinski and Fallon each lip-synch two songs and see who could do it better...

Krasinski, Merchant and Fallon all thought it went so well that they developed the idea as a stand-alone show for NBC in 2014. According to , the network passed because the idea seemed “too small”. NBC-owned cable channels USA and Bravo also passed. Krasinski and Merchant then took the show to Spike TV..

Anyway, Ru's idea was also a "rip off" if that's the way he wants to look at it. Plus, he was only allowing guys to participate at first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 14, 2022 12:45 AM

A rip-off of what?

It's very started in this thread that Ru got this idea from the ball culture she was tangentially a part of. Is that what you mean?

by Anonymousreply 47July 14, 2022 12:56 AM

R47, yes, Ru ripped off the ball culture that other people started.

by Anonymousreply 48July 14, 2022 12:58 AM

It's all stupid. Everyone knows that Drag Queens lip sync. That's All they used to do. And tell a few recycled dirty jokes. That's what a drag show is. And it used to be totally specific to the performer they did. RuPaul has revived that but the match ups are not always fair or well suited to the drag contestants strengths. Monet and Shea are unlikely to be beat this season in LSFYL - and theirs was the very first ONE.

Still, lots of kids and men and women and non gay people grow up lip synching and acting out their favorite songs and performers too. Who hasn't? It's a goof off AND it can be a real skill. Like most other activities, including fucking. RuPaul invented nothing. He's not the first Drag Queen you know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 14, 2022 1:09 AM

[R24] Monet's schtick is being a watered down Bob.

by Anonymousreply 50July 14, 2022 1:21 AM

Monet is much more attractive than BoB, a better live performer and she's funnier. BoB looks like granpappy sitting on the back porch with his flat feet and blue eyeshadow.

Money has an arch to the foot and in her back and a turn to the leg and some real sexiness and curves. She's long past succeeded as a real drag queen. Plus she has a sweeter wit and knows a LOT more about fashion and makeup - the bitch can DANCE. BoB has been pleased with himself from the start. He's hideous and only conversationally amusing.

BoB is not really a drag Queen at all. That's why those words are included in his Stage NAME!

Nobody is waiting to see what BoB is wearing or what his new blue eyeshadow looks like. The old Man doesn't dress himself, do his own wigs or makeup. And he STILL looks that BAD?!

Jinkx has a 24/7 personal makeup artist, dresser and wig stylist too. But at least we can appreciate her transformation.

Money is S E X Y. Bitch got downtown uptown blacktown ghetto fabulous style. Great body and a beautiful young looking face. A DRAG QUEEN!!

by Anonymousreply 51July 14, 2022 1:37 AM

Oh Monet....go soak your head, it has gotten swoll-en.

by Anonymousreply 52July 14, 2022 5:32 AM

R51 Jinkx does her own makeup, as can be seen on her YouTube videos. I don't think she has "a 24/7 personal makeup artist".

by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2022 6:37 AM

[quote] Monet's schtick is being a watered down Bob.

💯

by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2022 12:49 PM

I just want Shea walking around as Monet.

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2022 1:53 PM

I don’t wanna piss off the Topic Troll, but Rose from S13 just contracted monkeypox and is blaming the US government for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 14, 2022 2:24 PM

Rose is blaming the U.S. Government that she's a whore?

by Anonymousreply 57July 14, 2022 2:25 PM

This was her press release. It’s pretty rich. The Supreme Court is also to blame apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 14, 2022 2:28 PM

Actually, Rose makes a lot of sense and not blaming anyone, but says that the response to this new epidemic feels similar to the beginning of AIDS. And for gay men to get the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 59July 14, 2022 3:05 PM

But something IS wrong with RuPaul, R27. Why do you think they stopped the podcast?

by Anonymousreply 60July 14, 2022 3:25 PM

She got tired of everyone deliberately misinterpreting her words so she said fuck it. It’s a shame. That was a great show.

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2022 3:27 PM

r10

Jinx has done her shtick all season. It's what she does and not everyone is crazy about it. I'm an elder gay, I appreciate her talent but I would not ever say she performed off the charts or head and shoulders above the competition. She just did what she always does.

If Bianca came back it would be the same, she would do what she always does and her fans would be fooled into thinking she shitting on the competition when in reality she is just doing what she always does. Never changing. She has an act and sticks to it, period.

Raja impressed because she took what she had and elevated it from the first time we saw her. Yvie did the same, her drag has been elevated and in the competitions she improved while still keeping true to who she is and what she does. I'd put Raja and Yvie top two because of that.

I can't fucking stand Jinx. She's entitled and resentful anytime another queens does well. She's particularly resentful of the Vivian. Jinx is as unattractive on the inside and she is on the outside. I don't think I've ever disliked a queen as much as I do her.

by Anonymousreply 62July 14, 2022 3:51 PM

LoL Vivienne @ R62

by Anonymousreply 63July 14, 2022 4:46 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, Raja indeed is better than her 1st season. But she's not going to win.

by Anonymousreply 64July 14, 2022 5:10 PM

They asked sexual-predator hunter Ronan Farrow who should play him in a biopic and he said...Ansel Elgort is the most obvious choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2022 11:32 AM

Lol at R62. How does it feel to be objectively wrong about everything?

by Anonymousreply 66July 15, 2022 12:16 PM

Ru has been VERY complimentary of Trinity all season and the show has made a big deal about what a nice guy she is, how talented she is, how hardworking, etc. I won’t be surprised if Trin wins though my money is on a black girl (Jaida, since she’s talented + needs the money and hype).

by Anonymousreply 67July 15, 2022 9:28 PM

The roast was a bop!

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2022 4:10 AM

But who did Monet fuck!?!

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2022 4:55 AM

Monet got lots of help and free jokes from Ross this time, just like he got last week with Ru basically telling him what to do for his TikTok video.

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2022 5:00 AM

I thought the VIV might flex her way through to the top two in this challenge - but am so happy to see Trinity keep on shining and winning! The VIV is underscored on this iteration though, IMO. Jinkx was once again extremely funny and inventive. It's like the challenges were almost invented for her.....like this week's lip sync? She's a winner. Neither were memorable in LSFYL - because it was a bad idea.

Whoever told the joke about Jinkx barely knowing her young cute Brit twink husband - spoke the truth. Married by Zoom. Jinkx enjoys seeing him when she's on tour in UK and he enjoys spending her money the other 325 days of the year.

Jinkx tried to pick me up once on Grindr. To be honest he was very nice even though I wasn't interested. We chatted a bit for a while and I asked about her non binary identity. He was funny without being flip. Impressive guy. I didn't fuck him of course - Jinkx got a bit upset when I used the word FUCK to determine sexual interaction. He was probably drunk. I kinda was. We were both in Montreal.

So she messaged me on Twitter several months later and asked if she could DM me. I'll leave the rest private. He is what you see. A gentle soul with a funny & dirty sense of humor. Quirky. Lonely. I don't want him to win the All Winners Season. Jinkx commissioned some great costumes for this competition. But she doesn't even know what she's wearing or why. It's a bit of a cheat. They all bought great clothes and consulted top Drag and Fashion Designers. But Jinkx just bought covers for her biggest weakness.

I'm still hoping for Trinity to win. 💋 🤞

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2022 7:17 AM

And she still didn’t win.

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2022 11:55 AM

If the prize were not so much money, I would say it's been made perfectly clear that the crown is just a goalpost to add some momentum to the season. Winning doesn't seem to be the point (other than the prize money).

The real point is just to entertain an audience, and the success of this season proves that eliminating people is not more entertaining than keeping talented people onscreen all season.

The point for all but one of the contestant in the end is just getting the airtime—promotion to millions of people for their careers.

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2022 12:02 PM

R68 and it slapped, too!

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2022 12:14 PM

I thought Raja and Jinkx were neck and neck for the best roast, although I loved Trinity's and Viv's too.

Ronan Farrow was a great guest judge—way more down to earth than Ben Platt.

Finally, I loved the LSFYL song, even though Ava Max sounds just like Gaga to my eldergay ears.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2022 12:25 PM

Is there a general thread for Ru's other shows? I tried to watch the first ep of Canada, and it is terrible. The queens are all TikTok tranadians now.

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2022 8:48 PM

new Canada thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2022 9:15 PM

BoB so wants to fuck Joel Kim Booster. #MeToo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2022 11:46 PM

I watched it again today, not stoned.

Yvie really WAS pretty at the roast and I liked her runway look the best. She looked beautiful.

The VIV was robbed. How much better could she deliver the jokes and the look? Impossible. She and Jinkx were total professionals, extremely funny with beyond perfect runway looks. The ViV could host a talk show everynight in Drag and be a huge success. A little Jinkx goes a long way. But on SNL - she'd be a superstar.

My favorite joke was when Jinkx said that RuPaul has been edging Shangela for 11 years! TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 79July 17, 2022 1:10 AM

That was funny, but who is Shangela? Nobody will tell me!

by Anonymousreply 80July 17, 2022 2:13 AM

Jinkx's line about turning into her mother... Viv is the only one who got pissy about the jokes. I just don't like her. Loved Jaida Essence Hall's dress. One of my all time favorite looks. I gasped when I saw it in the light.

by Anonymousreply 81July 17, 2022 3:08 AM

Trinity's dress looked like it was made during one of the dumpster design challenges from previous seasons. It looked cheap and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 82July 17, 2022 3:12 AM

Jaida is still a frontrunner to win this thing. Jinkx is 14 years younger than Raja and looks like his great aunt?!?

Trinity ( I love her ) had no business being one of the winners of this week's challenge. Not for her roast or her runway. It looked like a Caribana costume.

by Anonymousreply 83July 17, 2022 3:15 AM

R81, what are you on about?

If you think Viv had some issue with Jinkx's joke, then you need to adjust your meds

by Anonymousreply 84July 17, 2022 3:41 AM

She yelled I'm smaller than you after the fat joke. Everyone else took it well. Watch it again and watch her face whenever her name pops up.

by Anonymousreply 85July 17, 2022 3:48 AM

She yelled that at monet for talking about butter... Not at Jinkx

It's called heckling, and everyone was doing it, calling the rooster a bitch and everything.

Go to the UK sometime,. I don't know. Viv isn't a villain.

by Anonymousreply 86July 17, 2022 7:56 AM

Roasts always have those being roasted heckle back. It was fine.

by Anonymousreply 87July 17, 2022 12:44 PM

It's also always a credit to Drag Race contestants when they interact in funny ways during challenges. Heckling during a roast, sniping at one another during Snatch Game always work in contestants' favors if they are funny.

The Vivienne has annoyed me this season, but it doesn't annoy me that she was engaged enough to be playfully bitchy during a roast. Roasts are all about being mean-funny and that is her specialty.

by Anonymousreply 88July 17, 2022 12:48 PM

The funniest jokes were from Raja not on stage. We were robbed by the edit!

by Anonymousreply 89July 17, 2022 12:55 PM

[quote]I was rolling a big fattie… that’s what we call getting Jinkx into the work

That was Sarah Silverman's joke about Jonah Hill at the James Franco roast.

by Anonymousreply 90July 17, 2022 1:01 PM

Heckling is part of a roast. It’s intended to throw roasters off and score points for yourself, especially if someone is bombing.

by Anonymousreply 91July 17, 2022 1:38 PM

I miss Ru's podcast, too. I used to listen to it during my commutes.

by Anonymousreply 92July 17, 2022 3:50 PM

What Ha happened to the podcast, R92?

by Anonymousreply 93July 17, 2022 4:29 PM

I can't believe more people aren't excited we have a celebrity in our midst. Hi Roxxxy Andrews! R62

by Anonymousreply 94July 17, 2022 4:42 PM

R93 It just ended. I don't think RuPaul ever addressed it, or not that I ever heard of.

I think it ended when RuPaul deleted all of his social media content with no explanation and went totally silent for a couple of months, like he had a breakdown or a career reset or was hiding something. Very strange.

Some of his antics have been "lowkey" bizarre, like going silent, deleting media, ending the podcast with no explanation, wearing the face mask during the COVID Drag Race broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 95July 17, 2022 4:45 PM

R81. I never said anything about Viv hating Jinx, you're projecting

by Anonymousreply 96July 17, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote]I think it ended when RuPaul deleted all of his social media content with no explanation and went totally silent for a couple of months, like he had a breakdown or a career reset or was hiding something.

Didn't he stop doing it when the pandemic hit? Also, I just looked in the Podcasts app and it appears all of the episodes have been removed. I didn't notice that before.

by Anonymousreply 97July 17, 2022 6:19 PM

R97 No, it ended abruptly prior to the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 98July 17, 2022 6:29 PM

R98 The last episode was uploaded March 2020. You don't think the pandemic had anything to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 99July 17, 2022 7:01 PM

Wasn't he being cancelled for something, and said, "Fuck it"?

by Anonymousreply 100July 17, 2022 7:14 PM

He was probably sick of doing it, and lockdown was a convenient reason to stop.

by Anonymousreply 101July 17, 2022 7:21 PM

Who cares about Ru’s cancelled podcast when you will soon be able to watch my viveos?

by Anonymousreply 102July 17, 2022 10:19 PM

^i would watch

by Anonymousreply 103July 17, 2022 10:29 PM

I legit lol-ed at both Jinx and Yvie and the Flint Michigan joke.

by Anonymousreply 104July 18, 2022 4:29 PM

Someone came for Rolaskatox and Roxxy bit back...ha, good for her, that person clearly doesn't realise how well Alaska is doing for herself either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 18, 2022 8:05 PM

and then Roxxy....but Im not sure what she says....you can't the what? dahh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 18, 2022 8:08 PM

I’m over this season. Bring on runners up season.

by Anonymousreply 107July 18, 2022 8:35 PM

If you watch this week's live viewing party at Roscoes, with Trinity and Bosco you are going not only get tea, but learn how the sausage is made. Without trying to be gossipy, Trinity reveals:

That she shouldn't have won the roast and the best parts of ViV's and Shea's jokes were cut. She said they each did a ten minute set and it was edited unfairly.

She also says that SHE definitely WON that Lip Sync against Jinx. (Jinx fell after her bad cartwheel) Trinity knows her moves are repetitive and we've seen them all before - but she's very funny about it.

Trinity bought jokes for the roast from Darienne Lake and Jackie Beat!?

Trinity hasn't a clue who Ronan Farrow is and says he looked like a robot!

J-Lo was never there for a moment - not even on a screen. They had to pretend to react to her comments and ask her scripted questions.

Same with Trinity Davenport - that's why they didn't look happy to see her - they didn't know who it was going to be!

Trinity's light up in the dark outfit arrived damaged and she didn't like it - it was held together with clear packing tape.

Raja's lazer piece was commissioned by her. Raja paid $15,000 for it and is not even allowed to keep it.

Usually they are allowed 6 suitcases. Trinity brought 12. She and the other queens were also allowed to have more outfits shipped to them once they were told that no one would be eliminated.

Some of the L.A. queens were allowed to go home and get more stuff.

The queens did receive some negative critiques from the judging panel - they just weren't aired. Raja went so OFF on Michelle Visage and told her that she had NO right to comment on fashion and demanded that Michelle be FIRED!❤

Trinity gets political at the end and damn it, the guy didn't go to school and he lacks finesse, but he's got a lot more guts and conviction than many other TV personalities. Impressive.

Trinity defers to Bosco a number of times, because obviously Trinity gets more of the questions.....she stays sober for this viewing party, therefor Trinity is very impressive. Not really witty or mean or even gossipy - just a real kind of person with little pretense. Clearly a hard worker who loves drag. There's some shade cast.....too. I'm a fan.

She says to someone in the audience who is taping her - post it straight to Reddit where they LOVE me! *sarcasm*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 18, 2022 10:15 PM

In the new promo - y'all guessed it. The winners of the final challenge will win THREE Legendary Legend Stars. So ok, Shea gets in the finale and Old man Raja probably does too. YUK.

by Anonymousreply 109July 22, 2022 4:53 AM

who keeps on letting these queens sing their own shitty songs in the talent shows?

Monet’s opera performance was by far the best, I also liked Raja’s Indonesian dance (possibly because it was the only one that wasn’t a song).

by Anonymousreply 110July 22, 2022 9:50 AM

I knew Shea would be in the finale. Her whole trajectory was pointing in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 111July 22, 2022 10:01 AM

I feel like Monet doesn't really deserve to be in the finale but history always repeats....

by Anonymousreply 112July 22, 2022 10:08 AM

R112 based on the whole competition neither Monet nor Shea deserve to be there, though at least Monet is good TV

by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2022 11:59 AM

so is it Monet, Che, and Jinx and Trinity, then?

by Anonymousreply 114July 22, 2022 2:11 PM

God Shea sucks and is boosted so hard by this franchise

all her looks have been SHIT

by Anonymousreply 115July 22, 2022 2:23 PM

Shea is Tracy Flick. She takes the assignment seriously every time. Even when it's funny, Shea sits there with the checklist of requirements and crosses off each item. That works up to a point. But the unstated requirement is always "make Ru laugh, even if you break the rules".

by Anonymousreply 116July 22, 2022 2:37 PM

Shea is a Jack of all trades and a master of none. Her performance in the talent show was good, but not good enough for three stars and knocking four more consistent queens out of the running.

If I were Jaida, Viv, Yvie, and Raja, I’d be super pissed right now.

by Anonymousreply 117July 22, 2022 4:03 PM

Monet had to be in the finals along with Trinity, otherwise it would have undermined the decision to have co-winners for All Stars 4.

by Anonymousreply 118July 22, 2022 4:10 PM

Fuck the stars. Shea has 2 wins, Monet has 3 wins, Trinity has 4 wins, and Jinkx has 5!

by Anonymousreply 119July 22, 2022 6:14 PM

My current conspiracy theory is Ru knew that Monet would choose Trinity, thereby allowing Jaida to compete and win in the other group.

Shea is shit and deserves nothing. Such a travesty of judging but that’s what this show is known for I suppose. And as for her chosen charity…. Free tampons for teens!? FFS.

by Anonymousreply 120July 22, 2022 9:53 PM

This season ran out of gas a few episodes ago. This episode was lackluster and a chore to sit through.

by Anonymousreply 121July 22, 2022 10:57 PM

Has Shea faced any shrill backlash from the rainbow haired fans yet for saying girls have periods?

by Anonymousreply 122July 22, 2022 10:58 PM

Shea won 4 challenges and lost to Sasha. Trinity has the most mainstage challenge wins of all time with NINE. She's still going to lose to Jinkx.

I like Monet, Love Trinity and understand why JINKX must win. Apparently the cast almost went on strike over the favoritism shown to Jinkx during the filming of All Winners Season.

The tik tok dance/branding challenge was meant to be a lip sync rusical - and was changed at the last minute because TWO of Ru's favorites are not great lip synchers. As we've seen, Jinkx.

Even in that challenge, Jinkx did not dance. She ate a peanut butter sandwich. And still she won.

by Anonymousreply 123July 22, 2022 11:11 PM

^willam, plying her debunked gossip

by Anonymousreply 124July 22, 2022 11:22 PM

IT'S A REALITY SHOW.

One may complain about the story told, but not that there was a story, because

IT'S A REALITY SHOW.

Not the Olympics, which are corrupt, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 125July 22, 2022 11:27 PM

As long as that slag Shea doesn’t win I’m good

by Anonymousreply 126July 23, 2022 12:26 AM

Shea was great in that lipsync. Really, really great.

RuPaul had MASSIVE chicken cutlets on those arms at the end of her main stage runway.

A drag queen's cutlets are an old lady's hands.

by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2022 12:29 AM

Shea and Monet in the final 4???

Oh well, Jinx is sure to win now. I wish it would have been Raja, The Viv, and Yvie with her at the end.

But, as long as Jinx wins, I’m cool.

Raja is the real winner of thes season IMHO. She has successfully reinvented herself for a new slate of Drag Race fans.

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2022 1:07 AM

What was that nonsense of letting Monet choose the 4th finalist between Trinity or Jaida who both wiped her off the stage for most of the season? Granted, Monet's talent show was terrific and good that it got her in the final (I guess) but how to diminish the achievements of both Trinity and Jaida by putting them in that position. The final 4 should have been: 1. Jinkx 2. Trinity 3&4. 2 out of Jaida, Monet or Viv

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2022 1:13 AM

[quote]If I were Jaida, Viv, Yvie, and Raja, I’d be super pissed right now.

ITA, R117

by Anonymousreply 130July 23, 2022 3:59 AM

Shea and Monet deserved their top placements this week. Their lip sync was the second best of the season. Second ONLY to Shea and Monet in the FIRST episode.

The ViV and Jaida were cheated. But not by Monet, Jinkx or Trinity. By the three star last minute rigor morris. Which made the whole competition invalid.

Yvie and Raja were never contenders. This was not the right week to cheat everyone of a runway! WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 23, 2022 5:04 AM

We all knew as soon as Ru announced the three star win that Shea would be in the top 2.

by Anonymousreply 132July 23, 2022 5:05 AM

Did Ryan Murphy produce this season? It started out SO GOOD, but now...ugh.

I mean, good for the winner.

by Anonymousreply 133July 23, 2022 7:12 AM

Utter fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 134July 23, 2022 9:02 AM

rupaul still letting em frack on her land?

by Anonymousreply 135July 23, 2022 9:09 AM

It really doesn’t matter who wins. This was a fantastic opportunity for older queens to make a big comeback, like Raja and Jinxk and that’s exactly what’s happening.

by Anonymousreply 136July 23, 2022 10:46 AM

yes r136, and to get Yvie more revenue before her body shuts down.

by Anonymousreply 137July 23, 2022 1:49 PM

R135 in Wyoming where RuPaul’s land is… generally you own the land but not the mineral rights. He doesn’t own the mineral rights so cannot stop the owner of the rights from permitting fracking. So get over it and use a capital letter to start your sentences. This isn’t a forum for kids who haven’t learnt to write yet.

by Anonymousreply 138July 23, 2022 7:08 PM

Severed mineral rights are a thing all over the country. Texas, California, Arizona. I work in this field and can vouch that you can very often own the land but not the mineral rights and surface access for same. It's a brutal business.

by Anonymousreply 139July 23, 2022 9:35 PM

Ugh that makes me sad R137. I’m hoping production or Ru will help him and Willow out as things progress. It was quite upsetting to watch him talk about it last night.

by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2022 10:39 PM

Ru helps no one out. He didn't even help Mathu or Lucian. And he for sure did not help out the destitute Chi Chi. (Kennedy Davenport and many other drag queens DID)

Yvie doesn't have the same abilities NOW. Her talent show was nothing great. I like Yvie and his drag -but he would never have won without his special deformity. Ditto Willow.

Kylie Sonique is a more impressive gymnastic performer during lip syncs than Yvie. Yvie's tumbles and flips are pretty slow and careful now.

Ru helps himself. And only himself. His greed is known from as far back as his performing in clubs. Not that long ago. He's not at all charitable.

Zaldy is a smart cookie to charge so much for those gowns. Because Ru pays people SHIT. Ask Delta and Raven.

by Anonymousreply 141July 23, 2022 10:55 PM

R141 Welcome back Willem.

by Anonymousreply 142July 23, 2022 10:59 PM

According to Willem, he has helped Mathu with the hospice bills. And Raven has an Emmy, so that’s something.

by Anonymousreply 143July 24, 2022 1:13 AM

I love Raven.

by Anonymousreply 144July 24, 2022 3:28 AM

Raven is probably the only person mean enough to spend all day with RuPaul for a hundred or more days a year - all around the world. It takes a hard spirit to put up with such cruel endeavors. Raven is also very creative and talented. For sure.

by Anonymousreply 145July 24, 2022 3:32 AM

Aren't they both stoners? Always presumed that is why they get on.

by Anonymousreply 146July 24, 2022 3:38 AM

Sorry, but I don't think Willow won because of her illness.

by Anonymousreply 147July 24, 2022 11:30 AM

R147 maybe not entirely but Ru loves that kind of story

by Anonymousreply 148July 24, 2022 5:45 PM

I loved the intellect behind Willow's drag and performances. She would have fit right in alongside the performers at the Pyramid Club back in its heyday.

by Anonymousreply 149July 24, 2022 11:10 PM

Yes, Ru gets Willow's bizarre humor, and the Enya number helped seal the deal.

by Anonymousreply 150July 24, 2022 11:17 PM

That was some shenanigans. Shea does a Janet Jackson ripoff and is suddenly in the final. Raja and Viv did far better than Shea over the course of the season.

by Anonymousreply 151July 25, 2022 1:25 AM

Haters gonna hate. Monet can really sing. But that is an Old Man River hella deep voice.

The final two has been leaked. Monet is one of them. I'm glad. Jinkx, of course.

Of the already done has herses, it's between Raja and Yvie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 25, 2022 6:07 AM

^ Thanks, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 153July 25, 2022 10:47 AM

I could have predicted with 100% accuracy who the final 2 would be.

The seasons have become MUCH better the last few years.

But the competition ("who will win?") is drained out of it.

by Anonymousreply 154July 25, 2022 11:26 AM

I agree, I would have taken Raja or Viv over Shea, who despite slaying the fashion portion as usual (and there was some great stuff) really seemed largely absent and low energy otherwise. I did like this final performance though, although Raja’s is the one I keep thinking about.

by Anonymousreply 155July 25, 2022 12:33 PM

Really, the season’s winners are Jinkx and Raja, two queens who have deserved a lot more attention and were mostly sidelined because they appeared in earlier seasons of the show before it was hugely popular. Also Jaida, who didn’t get to really have her year because of Covid and has now shown she’s a very deserving winner with a terrific personality.

by Anonymousreply 156July 25, 2022 12:37 PM

The 3 star episode was designed to push Shea up. I’m sure production knew ahead of time what she’d be doing. This episode more than any really showed Ru’s manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 157July 25, 2022 12:48 PM

But why Shea over Jaida R157? Does Ru think she’s too young? I don’t get it. Jaida is much more consistent and relevant. If they wanted two black queens in the finale along with two white ones, Jaida makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 158July 25, 2022 12:56 PM

I think the 3 star final challenge was bullshit and so blatantly done just to shoe-horn Shea into the final. I don't like it at all because it essentially made the whole rest of the competition meaningless.

I'm not mad so much that Shea is in the final as I think she's great, it was just the way it happened. Also I think Raja deserved to be in the final rather than Monét.

Jinkx to win.

by Anonymousreply 159July 25, 2022 1:30 PM

I’d bet good money that final challenge was conceived to be two stars and it changed to accommodate Shea.

by Anonymousreply 160July 25, 2022 1:45 PM

[quote]I don't like it at all because it essentially made the whole rest of the competition meaningless.

As opposed to the inherently meaningful nature of other Drag Race competitions?

by Anonymousreply 161July 25, 2022 1:48 PM

There is no way, save manipulation, that Shea made the final. I am glad I finally got to hear Monet sing opera- he did not disappoint. I really hope it isn't another fucking TIE.

by Anonymousreply 162July 25, 2022 7:26 PM

R162 Gurl, you and me both!

by Anonymousreply 163July 25, 2022 9:18 PM

A little Miss Fame to bring back the class!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 26, 2022 12:11 AM

R158 - it seemed pretty obvious when Shea happened to need 3 stars. You had queens like Viv working their ass off week after week for single stars, for what? To have Ru manipulate the competition this way? It just seemed so blatant, and it’s like Ru and the producers purposefully edited the episode to let you know they were manipulating the outcome. Plain fuckery on Ru’s part.

by Anonymousreply 165July 26, 2022 12:43 AM

R164, that's positively REVOLUTIONARY these days.

by Anonymousreply 166July 26, 2022 12:45 AM

RUvolutionary

by Anonymousreply 167July 26, 2022 12:46 AM

R5 I think jinx will take the crown.. This season is different and many poc queens have been crowned.

by Anonymousreply 168July 26, 2022 12:46 AM

Never Enough.

by Anonymousreply 169July 26, 2022 12:47 AM

Monet deserves the crown as much as Jinx. So does Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 170July 26, 2022 12:53 AM

Monet deserves shit

by Anonymousreply 171July 26, 2022 2:31 AM

Erna?

by Anonymousreply 172July 26, 2022 7:54 AM

I've said before I don't really watch for or care much about the actual competition. I watch for entertainment alone. But the rigging of the competition always does bring me down, and this one...I mean, come on. Shea could only win with three stars and so they gave three stars, and Shea would have to have come out drunk and vomited on herself while falling off the stage not to win, and even then they'd re-shoot and give her the win.

I like Shea a lot. I find her likable and talented. Her performance was very good. She is a better dancer than any other currently there. Her movements are natural and strong. But her performance was not the best performance. It was still only a lip sync and it was outshone by Jinkx's powerful singing and arguably by the curiosity of Raja's dance. (I wasn't sure about how well Raja did until I watched a few authentic versions of that dance on YouTube and Raja's performance was as good as any.)

I feel like it's patronizing to Shea to rig the competition to get her into the top.

Not sure what to say or think about Monet. I like Monet and the singing was better than I expected (it was pre-taped, no?), but for the season overall, Monet is not one of the top.

Jinkx deserves to win. Trinity deserves to be in the top. I can buy Shea in the top but the way she got there was a pity fuck, and that is sad for her. Yvie has impressed beyond expectations and deserves the top. Jaida and "look over there!" are meh to me, but it seems everyone agrees she deserves top placement so OK, whatever.

Raja was neglected and generally screwed this season. RuPaul seems not to appreciate Raja for some reason. It's disappointing because Raja is utterly unique and high quality through and through. Even the roughly made outfits are great conceptually and carried with pride and dignity.

1. Jinkx

2. Trinity

3. Raja

4. Yvie

I feel like RuPaul may give the win to either Monet or Trinity because they constantly defend their rigged PC duel win and he may just give this one to the one who was really supposed to win the season.

by Anonymousreply 173July 26, 2022 10:52 AM

[quote] But why Shea over Jaida [R157]? Does Ru think she’s too young? I don’t get it. Jaida is much more consistent and relevant. If they wanted two black queens in the finale along with two white ones, Jaida makes more sense.

Interesting. I see them differently. Shea seems polished and moves like a professional dancer. Jaida looks like a drag queen version of a pageant contestant and although I like her personality a lot, she hasn't come up with anything at all other than "look over there!" She has used that stupid catch phrase/pointing in every challenge, and it's not funny or a commentary on anything or a personality. She is much more versatile and articulate. Jaida also bombed the comedy/roasting challenge bigtime. She just has a lot of growing to do, and the growth needs to begin with dropping "look over there!" and coming up with something worth repeating.

by Anonymousreply 174July 26, 2022 10:57 AM

Jaida's commentary to herself while bombing the roast was as funny as anyone else. She should have made "I'm bombing" the point of her roast.

by Anonymousreply 175July 26, 2022 11:18 AM

Great points on the last couple of posts.

Yes, Monet was singing to a tape, but that's his real voice.

by Anonymousreply 176July 26, 2022 2:34 PM

No. Monet sang live and he did it twice. They each did their performance twice. Trinity had the tea poured on her TWICE. Monet and Jinkx sang LIVE. Into the Mike. The VIV sang along to her backing track and all the others lip synched to original music of their own. Shea's was next level for Drag Queen music. And it was a totally realized professional performance. Unmoving - because she's still just emulating other singing stars. But she's a great dancer and it was by far the most elaborate number.

They had three weeks to prepare their talent show - in between other challenges. The producers should not have saved the talent show to the last episode, as we already know what the queens can do. It usually opens an All Stars Season. But they saved it until the end, for reasons of wanting a higher quality of performance and more elaborate choreography. Only Monet and Shea delivered that IMO. Jinkx and The VIV were good as well.

Because the producers and Ru knew what they were gonna get, it gave them time to count how many stars they would have to give away to get their pre chosen top 4. The ViV really was robbed of a few wins during the season - especially the condragulations and The Roast. Drag Race had no intention of her ever being top 4.

FYI, Jaida is older than Yvie, Shea, Monet and The Viv. She's 35. Not a baby queen at all. Just Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 177July 26, 2022 7:29 PM

“Monet WINS lip syncs.”

Okay gurrrrrrrrrl

by Anonymousreply 178July 26, 2022 7:39 PM

Itth all bullthit. I thould be winning this theason. Bittch!

by Anonymousreply 179July 26, 2022 8:41 PM

If Raja had pretended to be a member of the gay cult of AA, she would have done better.

by Anonymousreply 180July 26, 2022 9:30 PM

^that only works up to a point

by Anonymousreply 181July 26, 2022 9:35 PM

As a longtime fan of the show, it’s nice to see these queens take the show (competition) seriously by giving us killer looks, entertaining performances, etc. They could have had a “fuck it, I’m just here for the exposure” attitude which would have been really awful to watch.

Actually, I would’ve expected such an attitude from Raja so to see her kill it is really very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 182July 26, 2022 9:44 PM

Yes, R182. All these queens clearly love what they do, want to do their best, and now how to use their status to get that done. It's a FIRST for this show, actually.

by Anonymousreply 183July 26, 2022 9:52 PM

Can you imagine if we had a full season of Pangina?? That would have been amazing.

by Anonymousreply 184July 26, 2022 10:06 PM

Monet’s performance was cute, but I was waiting for her to hit a high(er) note at the end to bring it home. And she did seem to be lip syncing to a “live” track. Not a big deal though.

But Shea killed it! I love the way she’s doing her makeup now. She looked a little like Symone.

by Anonymousreply 185July 26, 2022 10:33 PM

They should’ve had Jaida and Trinity lip sync for the top 4. That would have been more fair. Of course Monet would choose Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 186July 26, 2022 11:25 PM

Monet wasn't lip syncing.

Lip syncing means not singing at all.

by Anonymousreply 187July 27, 2022 12:29 AM

R187 what I mean by live track is the vocals are pre recorded and made to sound like the performer is singing them at that moment. Not just a backup track. It’s very common and nothing to be ashamed of. It just isn’t live.

by Anonymousreply 188July 27, 2022 12:51 AM

[quote]and vomited

Already done.

by Anonymousreply 189July 27, 2022 1:00 AM

R188

It was live you idiots. Stop hating.

by Anonymousreply 190July 27, 2022 3:28 AM

Anything to delegitimize a black queen’s win. There’s a pattern with this nasty racist fandom.

by Anonymousreply 191July 27, 2022 3:32 AM

I don't think Monet deserves top 4 but I don't think she deserves the previous tie/win either. Doesn't make me racist.

She's just not as talented as the others.

by Anonymousreply 192July 27, 2022 3:42 AM

R192

She was going to make top 4 even if this past week wasn’t 3 stars (and she by far had the best performance in the talent show). She definitely is just as talented as the rest. Take your hating ass to bed.

by Anonymousreply 193July 27, 2022 3:59 AM

I love Trinity. Monet is getting a lot of racist hate online AND here on DL. What a surprise. Black excellence is still a threat to y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 27, 2022 4:33 AM

R173 The production clearly wanted to push "brand Queens," the ones with large social media and post-Drag Race careers. Shea should not have made top 4, and yes, Raja was under valued and should have made top four (Drag Race is very ageist very rarely allowing Queens over 35 to make the top 4). Although allegedly there was tension between Raja and Michelle behind the scenes and this may have blocked Raja from doing better. Trinity has been spilling tea that during an episode Michelle made a negative remark about Raja's outfit and Raja snapped back basically stating Michelle really has zero qualifications to judge a drag panel other than being RuPaul's BFF.

R191 Girl give it up. Drag Race has had plenty of black queens win and some who deserved to win but didn't. Sorry but Monet didn't deserve to tie with Trinity in AS4. Trinity had a slightly better track record than Monet and more momentum going into the finale both in terms of fan support online and winning the challenge right before the finale while Monet was in the bottom. The truth is, there was a SM backlash in the week leading to the finale calling out RuPaul for allegedly about to being crown the fourth white and blonde queen in a row. At the time Ru was still in hot water for her trans comments and Wow was weary of more negative press. Knowing Trinity deserved the win, it was decided to crown both of them. You can tell it was not planned because they quickly re-dubbed Ru's lines in the finale. That being said, Monet has done a better job than Trinity this time around and deserves her top 4 position wholeheartedly.

That being said, Jinkx is way ahead in the SM polls and hashtags and pretty much a shoe in to win the season. I actually the battle between the non-top four is going to be more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 195July 27, 2022 4:34 AM

[quote]Take your hating ass to bed.

BITCH please. First of all, I'm black. Second of all, there are plenty of amazing black queens, it's just that Monet is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 196July 27, 2022 4:38 AM

Shea won four challenges in Season 9. Sasha won one. But I bet you defend Sasha's winning the crown, R195? Some plastic rose petals are not that big a deal. You dislike Shea. And Monet and Monique Hart and Shangela and Kennedy. We've heard your RACIST bile for years on these threads.

Don't pull out track records to defend your RACISM. We know who you are on this thread. You've been spreading HATE for years.

And no, you are not Black.

by Anonymousreply 197July 27, 2022 4:43 AM

Yes, I am black and I am not "hating" on Monet because of racism - I just don't think she is very talented. I hated Sasha and don't pick who I like based on the colour of their skin. I think you are doing a disservice to black queens by claiming anyone who criticises Monet must be racist.

If you are desperate to prove I'm a racist then go look at the rest of my posts. I promise you will be very disappointed however.

by Anonymousreply 198July 27, 2022 4:59 AM

Funnily enough though, I'm pretty sure that checking YOUR posting history is just going to show that you're the ancient white FAGS troll, R 197

by Anonymousreply 199July 27, 2022 5:02 AM

Yes I am BLACK, R199!!! An educated, talented, muscled, handsome Black man.

You post under more than one account and device. R192 and R195, R198 AND R199 are all the SAME poster! Most of the RACIST hate and constant critique of Black contestants on the Drag Race threads come from you!

by Anonymousreply 200July 27, 2022 5:09 AM

You're insane. Who has the time or is bothered enough to post under multiple accounts about a reality TV show???

I did check your posts and all you ever write about is Drag Race and Meghan Markle. Enough said

by Anonymousreply 201July 27, 2022 5:14 AM

It doesn't matter if Jinkx or Monet wins. Monet is the one on the rise. Modern and sexy and multi-talentented. Jinkx always had musical theatre talent. Now with better drag. The fanbase always goes nutty for the ugly quirky non drag queen freaks. Sharon, Jinkx, Willow, Bianca, BoB, Yvie, Sasha.

Ru makes sure that some actual Drag Queens win occasionally. You know - glamor bitches who can perform.

Trinity, Jaida, Shea, Raja, Violet, Symone, Aquaria, Tyra, MONET!

by Anonymousreply 202July 27, 2022 5:35 AM

& Chad Michaels is in that second group too^^^

I think you've cracked the code. 🥳

by Anonymousreply 203July 27, 2022 5:40 AM

You sound sexy, R200. I know that wasn't your point, but it is just snatched wigs around here tonight, then you show up!

by Anonymousreply 204July 27, 2022 7:25 AM

I hope Raja is the Queen of Also Rans. I'd accept any of them, really, and, yes, that's the more interesting 'fight'.

Monet had some better looks this season, and the opera, but other than that? No. Shea was....Shea. I love Jaida the most, if we are solely judging black queens. One of my all time favorite queens is dear departed sweet baby Chichi.

by Anonymousreply 205July 27, 2022 7:30 AM

I loved ChiChi too. I love Heidi, too.

by Anonymousreply 206July 27, 2022 10:39 AM

R173, that would have been my Top 4 as well.

The only “real” person I discuss RPDR with is my neighbor (female, white, 20something) and she and all her friends love Jaida the most. I don’t get it. I don’t hate Jaida by any means, but I just don’t think she is at the level of the other winners. Gorgeous looks, though.

by Anonymousreply 207July 27, 2022 10:43 AM

Most people I know are losing interest in drag race. The kids can have it.

by Anonymousreply 208July 27, 2022 10:49 AM

R198

How do you see her talent show performance and think she’s not talented?

by Anonymousreply 209July 27, 2022 11:18 AM

I’ll never forget how the terrible fanbase stanned Gottmik over Symone. Symone was the clear standout, Gottmik was blander than bland.

by Anonymousreply 210July 27, 2022 11:27 AM

Monet should've sung Old Man River with that voice of his.

by Anonymousreply 211July 27, 2022 11:30 AM

r200: "Yes I am BLACK!!! An educated, talented, muscled, handsome Black man."

I'm afraid I need to see a pic.

by Anonymousreply 212July 27, 2022 11:41 AM

Me too R212, he sounds hot af

I don't understand why people say if you're not a Monét fan you're racist. I think she's fine but I think other queens are more talented and I prefer to watch and it's nothing to do with race. I do not believe she deserved to tie with Trinity for the AS4 win, as someone else commented above it was pure rigger morris because production realised it would look bad to have 4 white queens in a row win All Stars (despite Trixie being Native American she's seen as white).

I have been underwhelmed by Monét all season in comparison to all the other competitors, though she did deserve the talent show win IMO, just not a final place.

I don't agree with some of the comments by R173 regarding Raja either. She was great this season and consistently at the top even though she didn't have many wins. RuPaul definitely loves Raja - finds her hilarious and loves her style.

If Ru gives it to the one who should have won AS4 outright then it should be Trinity, but I would rather it be Jinkx.

by Anonymousreply 213July 27, 2022 12:03 PM

The show certainly has given many wins for reasons other than merit, but not to give Jinkx the primary crown would be pretty shocking.

It would be a declaration that talent doesn't matter at all unless you're pretty. Quite the message for a show that's supposed to be about self-love and saying fuck you to societal norms.

by Anonymousreply 214July 27, 2022 12:14 PM

Well, R214, if a girl isn't pretty like a Miss Atlantic City, all she gets from life is pity and a pat.

by Anonymousreply 215July 27, 2022 12:20 PM

Monét! Monét! Monét!

by Anonymousreply 216July 27, 2022 4:22 PM

It’s obvious that black queens are being held to higher standards by many people. A black queen can be amazing and not get nearly the same respect and recognition as a basic white queen.

by Anonymousreply 217July 27, 2022 4:29 PM

R217 you really gonna say that the week after Shea got dragged to the final despite being shit the whole season?

I like Monet. I don't think she's the most talented, but she always understands the assignment, doesn't take herself too seriously and makes some great TV. So I'm happy with her being in the final.

The real 'robbed' queen is probably Viv, who would be in the top 4 if it was done just on number of wins

by Anonymousreply 218July 27, 2022 5:06 PM

Yeah, Viv was outstanding but didn't make Top 4. She's better than Shea in every way.

by Anonymousreply 219July 27, 2022 5:44 PM

R217, I think you just wanna fight. Are you The Vixxen?

by Anonymousreply 220July 27, 2022 6:26 PM

Shea did not earn her spot in the final no matter how you want to spin it.

by Anonymousreply 221July 27, 2022 7:19 PM

Stopped watching @ ep2, who's winning?

by Anonymousreply 222July 27, 2022 7:22 PM

I thought Shea should’ve won for her cha cha TikTok dance over Jinkx’s stupid sandwhich thing (that didn’t even fit the assignment). I can’t get that dance out of my head. So yeah I think she should be in the final 4.

by Anonymousreply 223July 27, 2022 7:34 PM

Whenever I freeze caramelized onions they don't come out right.

by Anonymousreply 224July 27, 2022 8:57 PM

R224 is Raja posting after taking one too many edibles washed down with Sav Blanc.

Time for bed Raja.

by Anonymousreply 225July 27, 2022 9:24 PM

Viv is “draggy drag drag” in the best old-school way but the kids today want something else like Katya and Violet Chachi (misspelled it on purpose). Viv would’ve killed it if this show aired in 1982 instead of 2022.

by Anonymousreply 226July 27, 2022 9:28 PM

Viv is a product of British drag, the public over there love the 1982 aesthetic. Think about how successful Mrs. Browns Boys has been. It’s a horrible show by any international standard but the Brits have loved it for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 27, 2022 9:50 PM

R217 is white, lives in Portland, has 3 jobs at a coffeehouse ,needle exchange, and Powell’s and still can’t afford his rent.

by Anonymousreply 228July 27, 2022 10:07 PM

Who do we think Monet fucked from this season's cast? They all have boyfriends/husbands except Raja (I think), but that certainly doesn't stop people. She also didn't say how long ago it was. This was in Untucked if some of you aren't watching.

by Anonymousreply 229July 27, 2022 10:47 PM

My guess is Trinity.

They took their "twinning" a bit too far one drunken night.

by Anonymousreply 230July 27, 2022 11:35 PM

Did Raja get divorced? Manila and Delta made a big deal about attending her wedding a while back.

I thought Monet confessed that her “I fucked one of these queens!” bit was a lie/joke. No? If true…. Hmmm and Ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 231July 27, 2022 11:45 PM

R226 - isn’t Jinkx too, then?

by Anonymousreply 232July 28, 2022 12:00 AM

Oops yes R231 Raja is still married, not sure why I was thinking not. Is everyone on this season married or in a relationship?

by Anonymousreply 233July 28, 2022 12:00 AM

With British and Australasian drag queens, it's very important that they are funny. The culture is different and humour is important, performance wise. The queens who do the best here are the funny ones.

by Anonymousreply 234July 28, 2022 12:18 AM

R231, Monet said that the 'sleeping with a queen' was not a lie. All three 'truth/lie' items were actually all truths.

by Anonymousreply 235July 28, 2022 12:54 AM

She slept with Yvie ‘Donkey Duck’ Oddly

by Anonymousreply 236July 28, 2022 2:48 AM

No it wasn't Yvie. If you watched Roscoe's with Monet and Alyssa Edwards! - you know it wasn't Yvie that Monet fucked. She said it might surprise people how well endowed this queen was. My guess is Jaida. A beauty and a hot ass boy - skinny Black boys got BIG dick too. Otherwise it was Trinity for sure. Monet and Trinity have real chemistry at this point. Not just for the show.

Alyssa did confirm that she punched Trinity the Tuck in the mouth! For getting too handsy with her when drunk. To which Trinity responded on Twitter - "that's not exactly the way it went down."

by Anonymousreply 237July 28, 2022 3:20 AM

#TeamTrinity

Alyssa is funny.....onstage.

Offstage has always been a different story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 28, 2022 5:13 AM

Ugh. Alyssa Edwards is a huge cunt.

Also: not that funny onstage either.

by Anonymousreply 239July 28, 2022 6:06 AM

^ I I liked Alyssa until I watched her Netflix series and she came across as very self-agrandizing and cuntish.

by Anonymousreply 240July 28, 2022 12:33 PM

Alyssa is interesting in that she is funny as a character, as a person to laugh at, but not very funny otherwise. And yet she is known as funny.

by Anonymousreply 241July 28, 2022 12:44 PM

BEAST!

*tongue pop*

by Anonymousreply 242July 28, 2022 4:14 PM

R237

Monet sure was handsy with Jaida in the last episode. Touched his ass and complimented it.

by Anonymousreply 243July 28, 2022 4:50 PM

Just a few more hours until the finale is spoiled for all of us who don’t watch it the instant it’s made available on Paramount +. I hate the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 244July 28, 2022 9:51 PM

I feel you, R244, but I think you know who wins already. We all do.

by Anonymousreply 245July 28, 2022 10:06 PM

Yes, we all do.

by Anonymousreply 246July 28, 2022 10:30 PM

YAY

by Anonymousreply 247July 29, 2022 9:57 AM

Both of the winners deserved their crowns.

by Anonymousreply 248July 29, 2022 10:21 AM

Complete riggory, of course - but what else should we expect? Entertaining, nevertheless.

I feel bad for the runners-up (all six of them) but hopefully the real cash money will flow freely towards all eight queens when they are out on the road (or for whatever creative endeavours they pursue after this).

by Anonymousreply 249July 29, 2022 11:00 AM

Is there a credible recap anywhere of the final online?

by Anonymousreply 250July 29, 2022 11:03 AM

And the real winner is…..the pit crews new silver briefs. Omg.

by Anonymousreply 251July 29, 2022 12:01 PM

I'm offended the models' underwear are always padded to conceal the goods. That is entirely unnecessary. I assume Bryce isn't packing, but he clearly has no issue showing off, so why not show it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 29, 2022 12:05 PM

Neither looked like they are packing much but so hot. And Calex, wow, he can spin my wheel.

by Anonymousreply 253July 29, 2022 12:07 PM

It was rigged. Monet actually won the final lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 254July 29, 2022 12:29 PM

Agree R253, full name is Calix Quan. He is a...digital creator.

by Anonymousreply 255July 29, 2022 12:40 PM

Sweetie, Jinkx won over and over the entire season. Monet barely registered early on, and only came on strong at the end. Jinkx also had five to ten times the social media votes than the other girls. There was no way Ru and the producers were going to reward for one lipsync, which, btw I (and many others) thought Jinkx won. Monet did what she alway does. Monet came in second, and that’s fine, and tbh it really doesn’t fucking matter. Anyone getting their panties in a twist about this need to calm the fuck down. They ALL won with massive amounts of publicity. Queens that time forgot are having huge resurgences. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 256July 29, 2022 1:12 PM

R256

Jinkx clearly didn’t win that. Look at the spoilers on Reddit. They had to massively edit the lip sync to make Jinkx look better and edit out some of the best moments of Monet’s lip sync, and at the last minute add on “oh it’s based on overall performance”. Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 257July 29, 2022 1:22 PM

I watched it. I have the episode already. Monet did her typical fake ballroom knockoff dance stuff that is mid at best. Jinkx had more personality. Monet STILL doesn’t have any idea who she is. Ru and others guided her through the season. Jinkx arrived this season as a fully formed queen with a total sense of who she is as a live performer and showed that over and over. I’m sorry you don’t agree, but that’s a fact. Monet is fine, but to crown her as an overall winner. No. And you’re going to get very few people to agree with you on a Monet win.

by Anonymousreply 258July 29, 2022 1:30 PM

R258

Stop WWing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 259July 29, 2022 1:31 PM

And to add to that, Monet and Shea really shouldn’t have even been in the final. I would have put Viv and Raja in before them, and definitely Jaida who really got shit on this season. Jaida is everything Monet wants to be, but AUTHENTICALLY so. I think Monet singing her aria demonstrated why she’s such a mess, she wants to be street, but is wrapped up in four years of vocal training from Westminster Choir College 🤣. It reads fake. Again, who cares. Monet will be more than fine.

by Anonymousreply 260July 29, 2022 1:34 PM

Cry about it R259.

by Anonymousreply 261July 29, 2022 1:35 PM

R260

You keep saying this, but Monet DEFINITELY would’ve made the final even without the 3 stars. The only difference is it would be Jaida instead of Shea in the top 4.

by Anonymousreply 262July 29, 2022 1:36 PM

The Monet hate is weird. She was the best part of this season for me. The show wouldn’t be as fun without her. And, she gave us the best lip syncs of the season. She truly did shine, why are these crazies trying to diminish her? Oh, she doesn’t have the right complexion.

by Anonymousreply 263July 29, 2022 1:49 PM

Also, Yvie beat Raja in that lip sync. For shame.

by Anonymousreply 264July 29, 2022 1:54 PM

Well, it all culminated into something cheap, heavily orchestrated, and slightly tedious to sit through. I had a bad feeling when their final looks were scraping the bottom of the barrel, comparatively speaking. And to have to sit through all of those boring lip synchs, and uninspired looks, to be told what we already been done knew, was a quite a letdown. Oh well, it was great season up until the end.

by Anonymousreply 265July 29, 2022 2:07 PM

Monet said in her livestream with Bob last night that she ate the lip sync and that they edited out all her good bits, that she walked Jinx like a dog whatever that means, and that she’ll never do anything drag race related again, and Bob said the same. It leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, she didn’t even congratulate Jinkx on the stream. Monet was a good contestant but she shouldn’t of won.

by Anonymousreply 266July 29, 2022 3:57 PM

Bob thought that Jinkx should have won, and said so, the entire season in multiple seasons including Pit Stop. She’s on record as saying Jinkx would be the only queen who could beat her in an all winners season. Now he gonna claim racism for his lap dog Monet? Gurl, bye.

by Anonymousreply 267July 29, 2022 4:04 PM

Seasons = venue

by Anonymousreply 268July 29, 2022 4:05 PM

Seasons going so well, let’s get rid of one of the few queens with personality. And when will they stop forcing Vanjie on us.

by Anonymousreply 269July 29, 2022 4:21 PM

I am so delighted that Jinks and Raja won, but they all won. Every single one of them added a ton of fans, got to show off their particular 'brand' (I really hate the 'branding' of people, but that's my problem, it is the world), and each had great moments, they should be proud. None of them were villains, there was very little fighting, and none of them fake cried, while coming out as Trans

It was a good season, but this franchise has already done jumped the shark into a death drop. I was here to see the old gals one more time, and I wasn't disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 270July 29, 2022 4:22 PM

All hail Queen Jinx.

by Anonymousreply 271July 29, 2022 4:27 PM

And Queen Motherfucking RAJAAAAAA!

by Anonymousreply 272July 29, 2022 4:30 PM

^Runner Up Raja.

by Anonymousreply 273July 29, 2022 9:23 PM

Which means, gentle r273, that I am the WINNER if Jinx dies in the next year or so.

It's an idea!

by Anonymousreply 274July 29, 2022 9:27 PM

Raja got 5th. Best of the loser group and some charity from Ru.

by Anonymousreply 275July 29, 2022 9:33 PM

^Um, no Rancid Raja. You won a different contest for losers. Monet would be the person to take Jinx's place.

by Anonymousreply 276July 29, 2022 9:33 PM

Awww the "Unless you love Monet, You're Racist" Troll is sad now.

by Anonymousreply 277July 30, 2022 8:04 AM

If I love Jaida and Raja do I still get to be called a racist too?

Shea and Monet are just ok, nothing that special. Monet's charisma is limited to the confessional. Once she gets up there it's the same facial expression and walk. It's like she forgets to be bubbly and funny and instead tries to be a glamour girl, which doesn't work with that face. Shea has some very complete ideas but there isn't quite enough edge to her delivery. There is no charisma ever except when she's talking to her friends. Sorry but neither of them deserved to be in the top.

by Anonymousreply 278July 30, 2022 8:13 AM

^^^ Watch out! That's what i said and now I'm apparently the most racist person on DL. The Monet fan freak is totally insane. In a way it made Jinx's win even more enjoyable for me.

by Anonymousreply 279July 30, 2022 10:11 AM

I love Raja but Evie was ROBBED. She won that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 280July 30, 2022 10:49 AM

Agreed R27&. Well said.

by Anonymousreply 281July 30, 2022 11:48 AM

I've loved Raja this season, but yes, Yvie totally killed that lip synch. I can only assume that Raja was rewarded for her work over the course of the season.

by Anonymousreply 282July 30, 2022 11:59 AM

What's funny is that Trinity won the lipsync against Monet, though I knew there would be no way they'd have two white queens vying for the crown. So Monet, however she did in the final lipsync, was there under false pretenses. And, yeah, Yvie won hers, but still happy for Raja.

by Anonymousreply 283July 30, 2022 12:36 PM

Agreed R283.

by Anonymousreply 284July 30, 2022 1:12 PM

We all knew it was going to be Jinkx. Now go find me another terminally ill drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 285July 30, 2022 1:18 PM

[quote]RA Charles

Someone couldn't see the "Y".

by Anonymousreply 286July 30, 2022 1:59 PM

Dammit Yvie should have won that. She needs the money more than Raja.

by Anonymousreply 287July 30, 2022 5:16 PM

Yvie genuinely won.

Monet / Jinkx. Who cared.

by Anonymousreply 288July 31, 2022 1:05 AM

Monet didn’t walk Jinkx like a dog in that lipsync at all. They have two very different styles. Monet’s is a sort of fake ballroom ratacatacatcow trotting about pointing with a split and some frog walking thrown in. She also has not learned to not walk directly upstage away from the camera. She does that at least three times every lipsync and the camera cuts away from her every single time she does it. Bob has mentioned it before, saying she never does it live, only on Drag Race. Every time she does it, she loses impetus. Every queens who does it thinks they’re making some sort of dramatic statement and filling the stage, and it almost never works.

Jinkx is more connected to the words and much more connected (smartly) to the camera. She’s not doing ballroom choreography because that’s not her background. I would say it’s not really Monet’s either. She went to La Guardia and Westminster Choir College, two white prevalent Broadway/opera spaces. She wasn’t exactly raised in the ballroom scene on some sort of fringe, which is why all the ballroom posing feels fake to me coming from her. It feels much more natural coming from someone like Jaida.

Monet’s misconception that she won that lipsync and that she was mostly edited out of it so Jinxk could win in the audience’s eyes is her typical overestimation of her abilities. The fact is Monet was fine during this season, she can be charming in her sit downs and the queens seem to like her back stage, but she was slow out of the gate, her fashion was patchy as usual with some nice exceptions, and her performances in most of the comedy and acting challenges were mid at best. I can’t think of any challenge that Monet walked away with, unlike Jinxk who had several memeable and iconic moments that will be brought up repeatedly throughout Drag Race history. Her “is this my camera” as Judy was everywhere minutes after it was shown. What does Monet have from this season? I’m surprised she didn’t pull out those fucking sponges again. If she wants to spin this narrative that she was robbed let her, but the vast majority of the audience (producer manipulation or not) does not agree.

by Anonymousreply 289July 31, 2022 12:32 PM

It’s CUN & T. Several of the queens only T is their ability to dress in drag, well. Let’s face it, Monet was boring. Raja was a given a free school lunch due to all of her past service to the Ru Universe. Yvie Is the future of drag. IMHO

by Anonymousreply 290July 31, 2022 1:13 PM

Yvie will die soon. She is not the future. She is the fertilizer.

by Anonymousreply 291July 31, 2022 1:29 PM

Dark R291.

by Anonymousreply 292July 31, 2022 3:42 PM

Jinkx was a good winner. She made that whole season entertaining just like she did ten years ago. Monet and Shea were only in the top 4 because they had that week where they were given 3 stars.

by Anonymousreply 293July 31, 2022 3:46 PM

Yvie was the worst, I don't know what the person saying otherwise saw.

by Anonymousreply 294July 31, 2022 6:54 PM

It was funny how Yvie suddenly became good looking this season. I do not remember anyone remarking on his looks on his season. Or maybe I missed that?

by Anonymousreply 295August 1, 2022 2:52 PM

Bc everyone was dickmatized by Yvie’s stepdad

by Anonymousreply 296August 1, 2022 4:19 PM

291, you'll soon be with Yvie, especially since your sister died of the same thing in 2021.

r295, Yvie said that she's botoxed her forehead into oblivion, which prevents the sphinx cat forehead and brain wrinkles that she had.

by Anonymousreply 297August 2, 2022 1:19 PM

The alliance thing rarely works and is a turn off. This isn’t survivor. Trust yourself, be your own alliance and let your talent take you across the finish line. Imagine winning simply because you ganged up on a queen with a far better resume and greater audience popularity that season. The title would be fraudulent, lacking any authenticity…mere gamesmanship at best

by Anonymousreply 298August 16, 2022 7:21 AM

R263 it's weird that any criticism of Monet immediately gets implied to be racially-motivated - why is that? Fact is, I think she's fine but I much preferred pretty much every other queen on the season, including the other Black contestants - Jaida and Shea and Yvie were all better throughout the season IMO. There's something about Monet that rubs me up the wrong way, and reading the comment from R266 about what she said subsequently, I think it's just her overall attitude. I think she carries an insecurity around because she knows deep down she didn't deserve to be joint-winner of AS4 and it was only because of the bad optics of not having had a Black queen as an AS winner up until that point.

by Anonymousreply 299August 16, 2022 1:07 PM

I think Monet is average but in her mind she thinks she is the funniest, best dancer, best actress, best at lip syncing, best at runway, America’s favorite, etc.

by Anonymousreply 300August 16, 2022 1:30 PM

I think Monet is above average. My issue with her is that she's not consistently great at any one thing to be the legend she imagines herself to be. Her looks, in particular, can often be nearly busted.

by Anonymousreply 301August 16, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote]she didn't deserve to be joint-winner of AS4 and it was only because of the bad optics of not having had a Black queen as an AS winner up until that point.

This actually isn't true. Monet was originally the sole winner of AS4, the last minute edit of cowinner was to add Trinity as a winner.

Not saying I agree with it, but that was the intention of production and how it went down.

by Anonymousreply 302August 16, 2022 1:46 PM

I am sorry but Monet doesn't even LOOK like a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 303August 16, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote]it's weird that any criticism of Monet immediately gets implied to be racially-motivated - why is that?

I was beginning to wonder if it was actually Monet here posting those replies because they were so over the top hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 304August 16, 2022 10:05 PM

Breaking NEWS:

Shangela will be the first Drag Queen Contestant to compete on Dancing With The Stars!!!

Her partner is the gorgeous Gleb?

by Anonymousreply 305September 9, 2022 2:30 AM

Monet needs to be very careful. In her anger at losing she’s playing with some very serious fire. She’s been snide and snarky ever since the finale aired and had been throwing shade left and right, and getting her little less famous minions to be bitches as well. It’s not a good look. And trying to do a non official reunion with Bob so she can air her grievances? And they’re surprised WOW wouldn’t let them air it? Bitch, please. She’s not famous enough to tangle with RuPaul and doesn’t have enough work to survive if they send her to the wilderness. She’d better knock it off or she’ll find herself out in the cold, and Bob is not powerful enough to protect her.

by Anonymousreply 306September 9, 2022 3:12 AM

BoB is a bigger asshole than Monet. He's a big ugly man and untalented at just about everything but taking up a lot of space. At least Monet is funny and a multi talented DRAG queen. Who can SING. She's already had her own talk show. Monet has a lot of charm and multiple looks and talents.

Jinkx will go back to doing what she does. It's fine that she won, but there's no doubt that it was fixed.

Monet is not the only one from the cast to say so.

Keep your predictable, recognizable and continual racist comments to yourself, R306.

Jinkx can only do what she does. And it's fun and impressive. Monet is far more culturally relevant and celebrated.

Jinkx deserved to win over Monet. But by the format of the actual fucking show - MONET WON!!

BoB wasn't even invited and will not win an All Stars season, ever.

by Anonymousreply 307September 9, 2022 3:23 AM

that show is pure shite now.....

fracking bitch

by Anonymousreply 308September 9, 2022 5:36 AM

^^^^^^^^^ LOL

Hi Monet.

by Anonymousreply 309September 9, 2022 5:41 AM

Also, Bob is EXTREMELY ambitious and will drop Monet in a heartbeat if she thinks Monet is fucking with her money and status.

by Anonymousreply 310September 10, 2022 3:46 PM

The powers that be, WOW, put the cancellation on the already recorded All Stars All Winners reunion. It was done over Zoom, moderated by Bob. Every contestant participated. Jinkx was not likely ganged up on. But truths and stories were told and shared. This group has proved to be very fond of one another. It's the production franchise and WoW they have problems with. The NDA's were not as strict to get them to return and they aren't owned for life anymore - but a REUNION not faked by the show and moderated by RuPaul was not allowed to happen.

Bob and Monet produced it for display on their platforms, but RuPaul and WoW said, oh no you better don't. Lawsuits of course.

by Anonymousreply 311September 14, 2022 2:02 AM

Monet was only in the top because they threw her 3 stars. And she lip synced to an opera recording. At least Jinx sang live. It’s a silly game show.

by Anonymousreply 312September 14, 2022 3:04 AM

Monet did not lip sync. Everyone knows this by now. All of the other contestants verified that she sang live to a musical backing track. No vocal backing track. Stop spreading your racist hate R312. People despise you on these threads. You've shit all over Shangela, Monique Hart, Silky, Monet, The Vixen, Shea Coulee, Raja O'Hara, ASIA O'HARA and just about everyone other queen of color, except ugly mean BoB.

Jinkx sings like the musical theater sophomore she is. It's always the same. She can sing in a broad style and do some not bad drag queen level vocal impersonations - but she cannot sustain even her own voice intonation for one complete song. Obviously R312 has never seen Jinkx perform LIVE. Yikes, it's dicey.

Unlike other Drag Race contestants - Jinkx will never star on Broadway.

Monet is not ready for the Met, but he has a classically trained voice and it shows.

Monet got three bonus stars but Jinx LOST every Lip Sync for the Win that she was awarded in the finale. Trinity The Tuck was the actual winner of the season.

Stop defending RuPaul. Thank christ the show didn't win another Emmy award for best reality show. People enjoy Drag Queens but not the fuckery. Jinkx is an old fat wheezing fag at 34 years old. Fun and very predictable. A personal disaster. Monet is going up up up in her career and opportunities.

Jinkx and Bendela appeal to the much older white gay crowd. 65 plus. They're talented but their act is corny & tired. As BoB said the only talent Jinkx lacks is human connection. Ha. Spectrum for sure.

[quote]Bertin is a classically trained opera singer with a bass voice. In school she played roles like Sarastro in The Magic Flute and Colline in La Bohème. Bertin is a collegiate member of the Rho Kappa chapter of the social music fraternity Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia.

by Anonymousreply 313September 14, 2022 4:30 AM

I haven’t talked about any of these people. She lip synced, it’s okay.

by Anonymousreply 314September 14, 2022 4:40 AM

Yeah you have and no she didn't.

You want the receipts?

by Anonymousreply 315September 14, 2022 5:08 AM

^ Monet on a meth bender

by Anonymousreply 316September 14, 2022 5:19 AM

^ANCIENT RACIST WHITE FAG ^

by Anonymousreply 317September 14, 2022 5:24 AM

Is there a thread on the current Down Under version?

by Anonymousreply 318September 14, 2022 1:05 PM

I’m not a Monet fan, but she didn’t lipsync to an opera recording. She sang live. I’m a trained singer. I know what live singing is.

by Anonymousreply 319September 14, 2022 1:24 PM

I like Monet. I think she's charming and fun. Don't know why there's such controversy and commentary around her. I liked her in her original season as well as here, though Vivienne and Jinkx were my season favorites.

It's Shea I can't stand. Overrated, clinical, cold, and her fashions were absolute shit.

by Anonymousreply 320September 15, 2022 3:06 PM

Monet was middling the entire season, was gifted her video idea, gifted three stars and still has the gall to complain. She needs to get her head out of her own ass.

by Anonymousreply 321September 15, 2022 4:38 PM

Shangela is LEGIT! Don't try this Monet or Jinkx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 22, 2022 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!