Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m not giving up but I really want to

There was another DL poster who posted a day or two ago about how he just feels like giving up because of the way this country is going. Although I’m not going to give up, and I’m going to keep voting Democrat, I really do feel like giving up. It feels like the end, and I really am starting to question what we’re fighting for. It’s just a never ending shitshow.

You have the Republican party, who is basically telling it’s constituents “If you vote for us, we promise to fuck everything up even more and make you more miserable.” And people vote for them anyway. Then you have the Democrats, who are the only hope but who are allowing a certain faction of its party to pull the entire to the party to the fringe. And I think that Joe Biden is a good guy, and he’s doing the best he can in a horrible situation, but his advisers are clearly advising him to go woke and that’s driving people away.

Surely someone in the Democratic Party has to be aware that saying “sorry, there’s nothing we can do about economy, you’ll just have to deal with it,” and then turning around and trying to pass a bill to “protect trans kids” is horrible optics. Even if there really is nothing he can do about the economy at the moment, a leader should never say that. A Republican scumbag would never admit that out loud.

Please, Democrats, I am begging you. Please, please, PLEASE. Drop the woke initiatives - the gender neutral passports, the silly pronouns, the “trans children“ nonsense, Latinx - and just tell the people how you’re going to improve their economic situation.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2022 12:14 PM

You are naive. There is only one political party . They have to present to the public as separate groups who are enemies because: divide the people, conquer the people. There is only one political agenda. One script.

They kick the can back and forth to distract us. They wrap us up in their spectacles until we’re on the verge of going insane and just give up. See? It’s a very effective way to control people. You have to open your eyes to the game or you’ll never survive.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 5:01 PM

Stealth Repugnicunt post. Claim to despise the GOP and its policies in the first few sentences. Then proceed to attack Democrats and sow FUD for the remaining 6 paragraphs.

Bitch you are not clever.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 5:08 PM

R1 is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 5:12 PM

This is not comforting, but I have really adopted a "it is what is" approach to life lately. I feel pretty much powerless in the grand scheme of things other than how to make my own personal life good. My priority always is and always will be the gay community b/c let's face it, nobody gives a shit about gay men. I volunteer consistently with gay organizations and if and when the time comes to fight (fundraise, etc), I will be there. I can't take on the worlds problems. I have enough problems and I can't forecast or control the future. Yes, gay rights might be next in the firing line but they aren't yet, so enjoy the present. That's all we have.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 5:43 PM

OP ironically, didn't Biden help get Thomas appointed?

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2022 2:28 AM

r2, Is the correct answer. Op, you flunked troll school, but aced asshole school... Die in a grease fire 😠

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2022 5:25 AM

Piss off, MAGA troll.

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2022 6:01 AM

R4 only if you allow the 'grand scheme' to control you and your thinking. It reminds me of what people say after swearing off social media: it's a form of mind control and a distorted reality.

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2022 6:10 AM

"Self-care," OP.

Give yourself a break from the news.

Buy yourself a few little gifts, have a take out meal somewhere you like.

Take a hot bath with nice soap.

Exercise.

Drink green tea.

Digital detox for a week.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2022 6:13 AM

America as a nation is disintegrating. And yet millions still legally migrate and illegally invade for the better life that it provides compared to the shitholes in which they currently reside.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2022 6:16 AM

R10 That isn’t saying much where those Illegals come from.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2022 6:20 AM

I’m definitely in a basement.

Here’s what keeps me going. It was a vision I had a few years ago- so bright and clear, I could taste and savor every edge of it. Still can.

I’m walking in an absolute cathedral of a hallway. It’s a museum. A childen’s museum. I’m walking slowly along, there’s bronze plaques mounted along the walls. I turn a corner, and there’s a Bank Of America ATM. It’s cut cleanly in two, open-faced so you can see it’s innards. Except it seems very old, darkened and defunct.

There are children, playing in what looks like an enclosed white sandbox- sitting on a pile.

A pile of old money. They’re laughing and throwing piles and piles of it at each other. Suddenly I realize that museums are the only place money is kept. It’s impossible to lie in the future, you carry them with you until you “right” it.. The children of the future are taught this very young and all our old examples are carefully recorded and curated. There are a LOT of museums…

So none of the future generations never make these mistakes again.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2022 6:38 AM

Why would politics make you "give up" if you already have a comfortable life?

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2022 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!