Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do you have to take so many of those god damned fiber pills in a single serving?

And that single serving even barely gives any fiber.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2022 2:25 PM

Eat a vegetable once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 2:00 PM

Buy the powder...and I think those recommended serving sizes are for women who weigh 100 pounds, which is usually who they feature in those fiber commercials. As an average sized man I need about 2oz of the powder for shit to really start moving

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 2:39 PM

Drink Metamucil, for heaven’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 2:51 PM

R1

I do. The problem is everything has so little fiber it’s very hard to reach the 100% recommended daily.

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2022 12:19 PM

Never take fiber capsules. You need to drink gallons of water to get them to dissolve. Drink Metamucil. Get the powder.

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2022 12:37 PM

100mg of magnesium citrate works well too.

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2022 12:44 PM

Yep, cheap, cheap magnesium works. I buy the large dose pill and cut it up. Drink water.

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2022 1:18 PM

I'm with r2. Ground psyllium husk bought in bulk is the way to go. With the pills, you're paying for the brand, not the thing in the pills, which is actually a relatively cheap plant grown in developing countries like India and Russia. However, I only need a teaspoon per day to be regular. I do eat lots of fruits and other fibre, so perhaps that's why.

Magnesium is okay, but be careful not to overdo it as you might disrupt the balance of other electrolytes in the body. A daily recommended intake of fibre (both water soluble and insoluble) with enough fluids is irreplaceable as your gut biome needs it to work properly.

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2022 1:43 PM

r8 dr tobias 14 day colon cleanse

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2022 2:13 PM

I AM eating a lot of fiber rich foods: oatmeal with flaxseeds, raspberries, avocado, a bit of broccoli with my dinner salad. It’s still not enough.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2022 2:13 PM

Eat kimchi. It's probiotic too.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2022 2:20 PM

OP I found that Benefiber (wheat dextrin) works way better for me than Metamucil (psyllium husk). Psyllium husk based products are mostly insoluble, meaning you have to drink a ton of water for them to work right. And if you are adding more insoluble roughage in your diet it can actually making things worse. Wheat dextrin was way easier on my system. I usually add it to ginger tea (ginger is another great digestive aid) and it works really well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2022 2:25 PM

I can only go in the morning after drinking coffee. Even with all this fiber. And then later in the day I’m dirty so not ideal for unexpected dick.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2022 2:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!