Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do your parents or siblings show any interest in the type of guys you like to date?

I thought when I came out there might be at least a little curiosity about who I found attractive.

Nope. Absolutely nothing. I guess it's unpleasant for them to imagine, or they really don't care.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 3:59 PM

My father was fairly long-winded and specific in his suggestion that I avoid short men, though this long before I gave any thought to dating anyone. Although it was meant in a general, non-sexual way, it could just as easily have been advice to avoid fucking short men.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 2:03 PM

Why, r1?

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 2:05 PM

Napoleon complex, R2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 2:07 PM

Yes, more or less an expansion on that, R3, complete with historical context and reference to that most famous short man.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 2:09 PM

Why the hell do you want them to think about that? I could understand if you were going to breed with them but gay men can't breed so???

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 2:12 PM

Mine don’t provide any feedback, just as I don’t for their faulty choices. That being said I guess we all have somewhat near the same minimum standards that we would accept. And they add up to reasonably decent people.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 2:12 PM

No, and I have a partner now, but several female relatives now like to chat about hot celebrities, guys we know, etc., which to me is pretty accepting. You haven't lived until you've gossiped with your very Catholic aunt about a cousin's cock size. (No, not her son.)

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 2:14 PM

I grew up without a father, so I dated older when I was in my 20s. Now, most of my friends are still older than me, but for sex and dating I mostly go with Black men and the occasional couple.

Family doesn’t comment, but they might say more if I invited them to my wedding to a daddy or a person of color.

Wouldn’t matter to me, though. I’m a grown man who doesn’t seek or need the approval of relatives anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 2:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 2:28 PM

My parents have not accepted I’m gay and I’m 25. I wish they’d grow up and accept me for who I am.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 3:45 PM

Parents?

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!