Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Collins, Manchin Have Feels

[quote] “I feel misled,” Ms. Collins said in an interview, adding that the decision was in stark contrast to the assurances she had received privately from Justice Kavanaugh, who had made similar, if less exhaustive, pronouncements at his public hearing.

[quote] “I trusted Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh when they testified under oath that they also believed Roe v. Wade was settled legal precedent and I am alarmed they chose to reject the stability the ruling has provided for two generations of Americans,” said Mr. Manchin

No fool like an old fool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2022 1:39 PM

"I think President Trump has learned his lesson"

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 2:25 AM

These fuckers. We told them but they were too stupid, arrogant, and out of touch to realize.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 2:27 AM

Grifters grifted.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 2:28 AM

"I'm concerned my morning prunes won't facilitate my next bowel movement."

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 2:28 AM

"I'm concerned my morning prunes won't facilitate my next bowel movement."

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 2:28 AM

Eat shit and die you old bag.

This woman is so spineless. She lives in a state where I doubt she would have had a re-election problem if she defied Trump and voted against his justices and for impeachment.

And even if she had lost, she could have pulled a Claire McCaskill and landed a cushy gig as a pundit on CNN or MSNBC. Instead she did …this. Now everyone hates the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 2:29 AM

Manchin is irrelevant, except for his warm ass giving Democrats a pseudo majority.

Unless she can support a Roe codification, Collins should resign, to be replaced by Maine’s Democratic governor,

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 2:32 AM

She's shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

STFU - I don't know whether it's worse she's stupid and actually believed that fundie nutbags wouldn't nuke Roe or whether it's worse that she is lying to save her own ass now.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 2:37 AM

Susan has a new word to add to "troubled" and concerned." She is ALARMED!

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 2:42 AM

R9, don't forget that she was 'misled!'

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 2:53 AM

"I think I need some time alone on my yacht to reflect on today's shocking turn of events"

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 2:56 AM

The white wingers are strange people, irrational. None of this is about your feelings. It's about the rule of law. These justices were confirmed under oath and lied. What does the senator FEEL is appropriate response for candidates who perjured themselves?

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 2:57 AM

She's full of shit, and knew damn well what his intentions always were. Collins is a SNAKE.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 2:57 AM

Well fucking impeach him, Susan! Jeez. Not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 3:02 AM

Fuck her. All these Republicans do is lie. Kavanaugh got the face he deserves. Hope they rot in hell for all they’re putting this country through.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 3:20 AM

She is either a liar or dumb as a rock.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 3:29 AM

[quote]R12: These justices were confirmed under oath and lied. What does the senator FEEL is appropriate response for candidates who perjured themselves?

There's sort of a misperception here. During the confirmation process, no one is permitted to directly ask a prospective justice how they would rule on a given issue, and no prospective justice will volunteer that information. What occurs is an indefinite dance around the periphery of potential issues. As such, there can be no perjury, at least not in regards to how they would potentially rule.

Senator Collins had a private meeting with Brett Kavanaugh in which it's thought that he intimated something a little more definitive about his potential stance on Roe v Wade. But the talk was not held in a legal context; he was not under oath. To the extent that he misled the Senator, it's not actionable, unfortunately.

Because the Trump justices were picked off of a list composed by the Federalist Society for their willingness to overturn matters like Roe v Wade, and Obergefeld, that alone should have been sufficient to have disqualified them to any reasonable person. Susan Collins has never been such a person.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2022 6:52 AM

so when you put your hand up and affirm Roe is established law and cannot be undone, then immediately begin to reverse the decision you haven't perjured yourself, you danced.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2022 6:56 AM

the dance of the seven veils.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2022 7:01 AM

Misled? Duh. Everybody in America k new except you Miss Collins. She is too stupid too live.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2022 7:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2022 7:06 AM

R16

They're liars. As pointed out in R17, these justices were explicitly rubber-stamped by the Federalist Society, partly, specifically to overturn Roe. Manchin, Collins, and the other centrists knew damn well who the Federalist Society is and what their criteria are.

If the only way to make ten million more bucks was for them to perform a back-alley abortion themselves, they'd shove a rusty coat-hanger up the vagina of an impoverished, pregnant teen so fast their heads would spin...

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2022 7:21 AM

The only way people like Collins and Manchin and the majority of rethugs will have any sympathy or empathy is if they experience the horrors first hand.

Only after someone they love - granddaughter, sister, wife, child - dies will any of them understand.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of them will simply chalk it up to the woman deserving it for having an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2022 12:38 PM

Senator Collins was LIDERALLY shaking with anger!

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2022 1:11 PM

[quote]Senator Collins was LIDERALLY shaking with anger!

Or perhaps laterally

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2022 1:28 PM

I'm not a fan of Arianna Huffington but she is right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2022 1:33 PM

r4 Morning prunes!!! What a sh*t way to start the day!

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote]Grifters grifted.

Grifters grifting.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2022 1:39 PM

How can she be so gullible and still function in the world? Her day must consist of exchanging emails with Nigerian princes, wiring money to strangers to bail her nephews out of jail, and running her Amway, Herbalife, and Shaklee franchises.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2022 2:08 PM

She’s a liar. Liars say one thing and do the opposite. Then she demands we not blame her for her for what she’s done. FUCK. HER.

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote]“I trusted Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh..."

Yeah. She's trying to cover her ass, she knew they were going to overturn Roe v Wade.

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2022 2:19 PM

Is that all you feel, you numb cunt?

The rest of us told you who these men were. You didn’t listen, and now half the country is less free than it used to be, all thanks to your witless “trust” on these lifetime appointments.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2022 2:26 PM

One of the best NYT Pitchbot tweets ever

>>Susan Collins: “Face-eating leopard gave private assurances he would not eat my face”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2022 5:24 PM

I'm surprise she hasn't released a strongly-concerned Twitter post on the subject yet.

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2022 5:37 PM

They should both be permanently labeled as "Traitors to Women".

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2022 5:46 PM

Susan Collins is as useful as a cunt full of cold water.

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2022 7:40 PM

Incompetent hag.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2022 8:24 PM

From the NY Times:

[quote]Manchin Pulls Plug on Climate and Tax Talks, Shrinking Domestic Plan The West Virginia Democrat’s decision dealt a crushing blow to President Biden’s domestic agenda, effectively ruling out action on anything beyond prescription drug pricing and health care subsidies.

What is the point of Joe Manchin? I think I get the idea now. Rather than just declare his party loyalty to the GOP - which would make McConnell the leader in the Senate, he declares he is a Democrat as a cover for the Republicans doing absolutely nothing for the American people and instead he can make the Democrats look bad by not actually letting them do anything so they are in this constant dissonant state of "We're the majority in the Senate/We're not getting anything done" which pleases his Conservative overlords.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2022 1:26 PM

Sorry, you're a fool if you think any of the swing votes on either side were "fooled". That holds true for most things these people do. They knew there was a decent chance Kavanaugh would vote to overrule Roe. It was just irrelevant to what they actually care about.

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2022 1:39 PM

Kavanaugh is a conservative and a liar, as the rational among us have been saying all along. It's amazing how often those two things go together.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2022 1:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!