Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

States Rush to Outlaw Abortion Today

BREAKING: Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has just certified that the Supreme Court has overturned Roe. Abortion is now immediately illegal in Arkansas.

Abortion is now illegal in six states -- Arkansas, South Dakota, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri and Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2022 2:24 AM

Good. Let these trashy people suffer raising brats they don’t want. Work two jobs, welfare and parents help to feed the ankle biters. They deserve the misery.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 1:39 AM

Those first four states are all dependent on federal aid (Ie., leeches who don't pay for shit), so explain to me why blue states aren't currently banding together to put a stop to sending money to DC to be given to knuckle-dragging shithole states? Why should any taxpayer in a blue state have to fund its own demise by handing over money to these parasitic shits?

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 1:42 AM

ie.,*

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 1:42 AM

[quote]They deserve the misery.

Exactly. These Red states are full of disgusting people who have the leadership they voted for.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 1:45 AM

Oklahoma is too

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 1:45 AM

You can't make this shit up:

Leslie Rutledge, June 24/22:

"Roe was wrong on the day it was decided, and now we can protect innocent lives in Arkansas."

Leslie Rutledge, December 21/21:

“Requiring vaccines for every volunteer and teacher, and masks for two-year-old children is gross federal overreach.”

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 1:46 AM

I saw this on Reddit. Liars. I know, MARY!!!!! But I hope this really tears this country apart. Gays are next. Laws against private, agreed on sex acts I. Your bedroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 1:52 AM

Texas announced it as well.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 1:54 AM

R7, stop claiming they lied. They said Roe was “important precedent,” but they didn’t vow to uphold Roe if the matter was before them as Justice. Precedent doesn’t mean something must be upheld. It means it’s respected law that will be confirmed by SCOTUS, but SCOTUS could decide to overturn it

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 2:06 AM

When given the chance to state they would uphold Roe during their hearings, each Trump appointee said they could not address an issue that make one day before the Court. Anyone who knows about the legal system knows they don’t commit to ruling any particular way during hearings

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 2:08 AM

Wisconsin too. Immediately after the ruling all abortions scheduled were stopped.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 2:13 AM

This will cause so much pain and suffering. And for the poor, I have no idea what they will do. I am kind of poor myself, and don’t own a car. My heart breaks for all the young girls, I’m particular, who will be out in desperate situations by this. I think you are going to see a rise in the suicide rates.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 2:14 AM

Some companies are stepping up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 2:30 AM

XOXO for R12. You are a gem.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 2:34 AM

It is only a matter of time before a red state enacts a law that makes traveling to have an abortion illegal as well.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 2:41 AM

Enjoy, BITCHES!

We told you to believe Hillary, but y'all Bernie or Busters were so riveting, huh?

I feel like Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 3:08 AM

R15 is correct

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2022 7:43 AM

South Dakota where abortion is murder, but your Attorney General killing a guy with his car and drving away isn't that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2022 7:47 AM

The shitholes and armpits.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2022 7:49 AM

This is probably the first time that the Salt Lake Tribune has used the phrase "INTAKE OF SEMEN" in a headline.

LMAO

As if being a woman in Utah wasn't a miserable enough fate already...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2022 7:56 AM

Why do all of these OLD PIECES OF SHIT care so much about some random young woman's body?

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2022 7:58 AM

R21 Because god…

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2022 8:06 AM

At their age maybe it's time they go meet their god instead of voting with one leg in the grave already R22

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2022 8:10 AM

These states are all rock bottom in spending for infant and toddler health , the pro life states.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2022 8:12 AM

[quote] care so much about some random young woman's body?

Because the strong have endeavored to control the weak since humans crawled out of the slime. G-d, when invoked, is the excuse/bludgeon.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2022 8:12 AM

R25

We're about equally genetically related to chimpanzees (our mega-asshole cousins) as we are to the bonobos (our sweetheart cousins) though. We have the capacity to not be mega-assholes.

G-d is one of our favorite weapons though. Can't argue that...

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2022 8:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2022 1:38 AM

[quote]G-d, when invoked, is the excuse/bludgeon.

And don't forget the money. When a power structure evokes and enforces the guy in the sky, somebody's making money off the deal.

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2022 2:35 AM

[quote] This will cause so much pain and suffering. And for the poor, I have no idea what they will do.

It’s so fucked up. And these are huge states with shitty public transport, so how the hell are they supposed to get to another state?

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2022 3:59 AM

^It will be like immigrants traveling through the desert to get to the US from Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2022 4:02 AM

Illegals. Like the illegals. Immigrants arrive lawfully.

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2022 4:11 AM

Cher @cher

If Every time Men Had Sex, They Risked Death, Physical Disability,A Life Altering Interruption In Their Education,Or Career, & The Sudden Life Long Responsibility For Another Human Being,I Think They’d Expect A Choice In The Matter

7:47 PM · Jun 25, 2022·Tweetbot for iΟS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 26, 2022 11:01 PM

[quote]These states are all rock bottom in spending for infant and toddler health , the pro life states.

Which Democrats should be calling out 24/7. But they're not.

by Anonymousreply 33June 26, 2022 11:16 PM

SC Governor Kriti Noem said

"What's wrong with having an Incest Baby"

Really she said that, nothing wrong with giving birth to you uncle's child

by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2022 11:24 PM

I agree r33, and so should our lovely and talented media. The truth is Republican governors from those states that never do shit about anything do seem to be on the defensive about this. The governors of South Dakota, Mississippi and Arkansas have all said in interviews they are "increasing resources" for pregnancy and childbirth. What exactly does that mean? How much? What are the hoops to jump through? How does any of it work, if at all? These are all questions worth asking these governors, and demanding actual answers, not just blather before dancing away to the next topic.

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2022 11:27 PM

I can't see why 'pro-lifers' care so much about the subject. They don't strike me as the empathetic, bleedingheart, caring-nurturer type in any other aspect of their lives. They're bigoted, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic... and all other kinds of hater. And they're the first to have a meltdown at the mention of welfare or food stamps.

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2022 11:31 PM

R1 Jesus Christ you sound fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2022 11:34 PM

R7 They are doing this to tear the country apart. Do you think it has anything to do with women or babies? Just another checkmate in the segregational race / culture / political wars they perpetuate among us now.

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]I can't see why 'pro-lifers' care so much about the subject. They don't strike me as the empathetic, bleeding heart, caring-nurturer type

They simply see it as murder. You don't have to be a "nurturing type" to believe very strongly that murder is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2022 11:39 PM

Oh please, R39. Murder? Republicans don't care about people once they are born.

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2022 11:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2022 2:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!