Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL, tell me something hopeful about the US

... because hope feels in short supply.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 1:52 PM

We don't have Super Gonorrhea. Yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 11:53 PM

Could be worse. Could be raining.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 11:56 PM

Germany was a complete shit hole for a significant part of the 20th century, but they're doing pretty well now.

Maybe we can hope for a similar comeback in 50 or 60 years?

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 12:14 AM

Lol r1 & r2: thanks.

I think I need to take a break from reading the news

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 10:41 AM

Take heart, OP. The end is nigh.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 1:16 PM

I used to think of myself as an optimist. But I think I need to eschew that thinking now. I vacillate between becoming an ex-pat (though not sure where to go); moving to a tiny house in the countryside; or suicide. I'm in good health, have a solid group of long-time friends, have some savings and not in a precarious financial situation... And yet I distain the fact that I started the first three sentences of this post with "I"... like it's all about me. It isn't about me... it's about us, and what are WE going to do? Peaceful protests? Vote? Sure... but we have to start fighting dirty, just like they do. Otherwise, the next two generations look very, very ugly.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 1:30 PM

I think yesterday woke up a lot of people and they are PISSED and will take action!

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 1:40 PM

It'll be gone soon.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 1:49 PM

We've still got Mel Brooks, and he's FINALLY making "History of the World, Part Two." I honestly gave up hoping for him to do that back in the 90s, but it's coming out next year on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 1:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!