Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Those who were soooooooooo pure they couldn't vote HER!

This is YOUR fault!

Enjoy your cancer, cunts!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 27, 2022 2:40 AM

it's really true. Hillary wouldn't have nominated those cunts on the court. her nominees might have stalled in a GOP led congress but none of the cunts on the court now would have even made it that far

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 2:22 PM

CUNTS!

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 2:23 PM

Look. This is wrong. But let’s stop acting like it’s not possible to avoid getting pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 2:23 PM

Welp the libs pushed too hard and this is the result.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 2:25 PM

I wish I had aborted R3.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 2:25 PM

American women should never vote Republican for any political position again.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 2:26 PM

I never thought I’d see this happen in my lifetime, yet, here we are.

LGBTQs are next. One by one, each and every progress women and LGBTQs have made, will be reversed.

But I suppose emails and misogyny are more important than basic, human rights.!

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 2:27 PM

I’m a liberal but I actually agree with r4. I’ve said this in the past. You have to take things slowly. When you try pushing too hard at once they will start pushing back even harder.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 2:27 PM

Same-sex marriage is next.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 2:27 PM

[quote]But let’s stop acting like it’s not possible to avoid getting pregnant.

Clarence Thomas writes in his concurring opinion that the Court should also reconsider its opinion on contraception ... as well as its opinions on same-sex rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 2:28 PM

R7 abortion is not a basic human right

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2022 2:28 PM

Yes. Everyone knows Republicans have been desperate to erase gays rights ever since Obama made gay marriage legal.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2022 2:28 PM

Fuck each and every one of the God damned weak, lazy and useless democratic politicians. They sat back while the republicans worked DAY AND NIGHT for the past 40 years to chip away at Roe v Wade

This is all on the democrats and that fucking cunt ruth bader cuntsburg. I hope she rots in hell. Power hungry cunt

The gays are next. And the democrats will sit back and watch. That's all they know how to do

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2022 2:31 PM

Just anal sex for everyone from now on

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2022 2:31 PM

Simmer down, people. You know very well if the right didn't exist in 1787, you certainly can't enjoy it in 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2022 2:32 PM

R11 - what in your mind is a basic human right. I would think choosing if, when, and how you procreate would be one of the most fundamental rights.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 2:33 PM

We're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2022 2:34 PM

Now Sue Cunt Sarandonistas are blaming Ginsburg for 3 new shitasses on the Supreme Court.

You have the right to vote for Hillary, but you didn't. Fucking blame yourself, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote]But let’s stop acting like it’s not possible to avoid getting pregnant.

Clarence Thomas wrote in his opinion that the court should reconsider making birth control illegal, so let's just stop pretending like this is no big deal because women can just get on the pill. We're a year or two out from the country allowing states to ban the sale of birth control altogether.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2022 2:34 PM

If they can declare uteruses the property of the State, they can tell you what you can and can’t do with your Speedo area, friend.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote]I would think choosing if, when, and how you procreate would be one of the most fundamental rights.

Not on this forum, where most posters regularly daydream about how great it would be if they could sterilize certain people they dislike, and prevent everyone in the world from having children unless they passed a litany of written exams.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2022 2:36 PM

The only thing that can solve this is lots and lots of violence.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2022 2:37 PM

American white women are too stupid to vote for their rights.

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote][R7] abortion is not a basic human right

it can be argued that basic medical care is though, and abortion providers provide basic medical care.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2022 2:38 PM

The word "abortion" is nowhere to be found in the constitution thus it was never a constitutional right.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2022 2:40 PM

Fox News updated this and in the comment section there are tons of white women celebrating this

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2022 2:40 PM

It’s the end of times

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2022 2:40 PM

Not if you manage to escape, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2022 2:41 PM

[quote]The word "abortion" is nowhere to be found in the constitution thus it was never a constitutional right.

Neither are the words "concealed carry" but the Court was more than willing to extend that right to New Yorkers yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2022 2:41 PM

On CNN, they just compared this to the Prohibition amendment, which had to be repealed later.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2022 2:42 PM

[quote]This is all on the democrats and that fucking cunt ruth bader cuntsburg. I hope she rots in hell. Power hungry cunt

Calm down, Mary. You really think if RBG retired Obama wouldn’t have put another Justice in her place that would’ve been in the minority ruling on this? It would’ve made no difference at all.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2022 2:42 PM

r21 or the power of pink pussy hats and attaching grrl power to everything while cosplaying as extras in the handmaid's tale... it was so effective, this is the power of change. Why build up when you pray for power to trickle down...

But look at the bright side, maybe, just maybe Ashley Judd will finally leave the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2022 2:42 PM

I. HATE. REPUBLICANS!

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2022 2:43 PM

Stupid American rednecks.

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2022 2:44 PM

I do too

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2022 2:44 PM

like this is no big deal because women can just get on the pill.

The vast majority of abortions in my country are caused by contraception failure, probably the same anywhere, so the whole point is moot. Unless the moron upthread advocates for women to stop having sex unless they want a child ? Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2022 2:46 PM

Lmao Spectrum News 1 just pointed out it’s still legal in most of Europe if you need an abortion

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2022 2:46 PM

And stop blaming Hillary for not forcefully campaigning enough as it's your fucking responsibilty to vote "for your interests" no matter what.

Yes, fuck Jill Stein voters. Fuck them. Arrogant protest votes!!!

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2022 2:46 PM

So what’s the plan to deal with this Court? Unless a couple of conservative justices drop dead when there’s a Dem president and Dem senate, for the next 20-30 years we’re stuck with a radical right wing court that is focused on rolling back constitutional rights and turning this country into a conservative Christian theocracy, not to mention a court that will undoubtedly strike down any major legislative or executive achievement by a Democratic president.

The Democratic leadership doesn’t seem to be interested in any of the ideas that have been put forward (adding justices to the court, stripping the court of its power of judicial review, finding evidence that Kavanaugh committed perjury during his confirmation hearings and charging him in Federal court with lying to Congress, etc.). So if they aren’t going to do any of those things, what’s their fucking plan? We can’t just spend 30 years bitching about this nut job court as they strip away one right after another.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2022 2:47 PM

This has been planned for over 50 years. Same with what’s happening in every city. You think this inflation is accidental? This was planned.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Anyone who argues it’s RGB’s fault has no fucking clue. She would have had to retire in 2014. Do you really think McConnell was going to give Obama a SC pick after Repukes took the Senate?

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Actually, it's Ruth Bade Ginsburg's fault.

If she had retired when she was begged to, the court wouldn't have been this one-sided.

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2022 2:48 PM

[Bold] R38 = Total moron !

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2022 2:49 PM

[Quote] And stop blaming Hillary for not forcefully campaigning enough

^^^ Fucktard

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2022 2:50 PM

Women should pull a Lysistrata. No safe abortions, no sex. Or, at least, reproductive sex. Plenty of other options.

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2022 2:51 PM

I’d never thought I’d say this, but some of us are going to have to start considering where else we can live and GTFO.

I’m positive that LGBTQ rights are next, and I’m not sure I can continue living in a country like this.

Many of us cannot afford to leave, me included. However, I speak another language fluently, and can get by in French and Italian, pretty well. Not excellent, but good enough to survive and work elsewhere.

Perhaps we will need to start a fund for those of us who can contribute elsewhere. I’m not sure. But I just don’t know if many of us are going to be able to make it in a country where the MINORITY rules us, and turns our country into something resembling an era from the 1930s to 1950s.

Surely, I’m not alone in feeling this way.

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2022 2:53 PM

I hope Ashley Judd stays and R32 leaves.

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2022 2:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2022 2:55 PM

R31 you're lousy at MATH. If there was RBG Obama replacement on the court now it would be one conservatard less stacked.

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2022 2:56 PM

[quote]So what’s the plan to deal with this Court?

The plan was to stop Trump from becoming president, but a few too many people dropped the ball on that one.

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2022 2:57 PM

R37, abortion has been decriminalized in Mexico. Fucking Mexico. Women in Texas have already been going there for abortions.

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2022 2:59 PM

Birth Control? You've got to be a mouth breathing moron to not know that is next, and they can do two things at once: Oberfell.

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2022 2:59 PM

There IS NO “constitutional right” to abortion. There never was. There should be legislation allowing it, but there was never a “Constitutional right” to it. Sorry ladies, but you don’t get to make your own laws just by telling us the right exists. Now work for LEGISLATION or STFU.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2022 3:00 PM

Also the .”both sides are essentially the same” fools. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2022 3:01 PM

Lots of disgusting assholes on this thread who are coming hard from this. I would tell you to go fuck yourselves but you are clearly already doing that.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2022 3:03 PM

Well this is going to end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2022 3:03 PM

Just wondering out loud here, but I do have to wonder what the end game of all this is. How do the Republicans profit off of a population beaten down by a bad economy, lack of education, and vast limitation of personal rights? At some point, a culture can become so oppressive that it affects its profitability, and we know all the Republicans care about is money.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2022 3:05 PM

I'm a Canadian and this is beyond belief. Your country is going backwards instead of forward. This could not happen in Canada which is a more balanced, common sense nation. Only in America! I strongly predict that at some point this new decision by the US Supreme Court will be repealed. It has to be if you want your country to remain civilized.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2022 3:06 PM

R24 some would argue that baby killing is not a basic human right

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote]How do the Republicans profit off of a population beaten down by a bad economy, lack of education, and vast limitation of personal rights?

the present form of the GOP definitely benefits form an ill-informed electorate

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2022 3:08 PM

R58 in Canada you can be executed for misgendering someone.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote][R24] some would argue that baby killing is not a basic human right

they could, but it would be a false comparison. apples and oranges, my young friend

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2022 3:08 PM

Like conservatives give a fuck about children! FUCK CONSERVATIVES!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2022 3:09 PM

Clarence Thomas is the WORST Justice on the Supreme Court and there should be some means of getting rid of him. He's useless!!!

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2022 3:10 PM

The SC justices are the most woke and anti-racist of all, greatly increasing the number of babies of color.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2022 3:10 PM

The Dems open border attitude will backfire. Future voters of America are largely from Catholic cultures and often wind-up voting Republican

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote]This could not happen in Canada which is a more balanced, common sense nation.

Ah yes Canada, home to Adam Laboucan, convicted child rapist who got breast implants in prison— paid for by taxpayers.

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2022 3:12 PM

Ah. I wondered why the Canadian troll showed up, his post was such a non sequitur, but now I see his post was merely a set-up for an anti-trans troll response.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2022 3:15 PM

Pelosi...putting on an act of being upset, saying, "we will continue to fight the good fight."......what fucking good fight!?? Fucking Democrats are not fighters and have let us down! Fuck all politicians.

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2022 3:15 PM

You stupid fucks talking about baby murder aren't fooling anyone. You don't give a flying fuck about babies. You are obsessed with controlling and punishing women. Fuck you very much.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2022 3:17 PM

R68 The REAL goal was to get a comment from you about "anti-trans" trolls. Mission accomplished. 😎

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2022 3:18 PM

The chipping away of rights for everyone. Today, it's women...next will be gays and trans, next maybe senior citizens with SS and Medicare...next Hispanics, and it goes on. This will affect everyone in some way...they way repubs are going with removing hard won rights. Some idiots just don't get it...

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2022 3:20 PM

*the way...^^

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2022 3:21 PM

Have I mentioned how much I hate Republicans? I do! I DESPISE them!

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2022 3:22 PM

[quote]The Dems open border attitude will backfire.

another straw man argument from the right

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2022 3:24 PM

[quote]Fucking Democrats are not fighters and have let us down! Fuck all politicians.

want to write a song to those lyrics, because that is all you'll get out of it.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2022 3:25 PM

R72 This Night Won't Last Forever, as the song says. At some point in the future common sense and normalcy will prevail. Things will settle down - they always do.

by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2022 3:25 PM

It may take a generation or two, though R77.

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2022 3:28 PM

[quote][R31] you're lousy at MATH. If there was RBG Obama replacement on the court now it would be one conservatard less stacked.

Oh, wonderful. So it would’ve been a 5-4 decision instead of a 6-3. That’s great!

You fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2022 3:29 PM

I wonder if the conservative justices will leave on extended trips abroad this summer.

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2022 3:31 PM

R62 your response is worthy of Jean-Karine Pierre😁😛😁☺️😁😍😁

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2022 3:32 PM

I wonder how many tax dollars are going to protect the Justices right now. I imagine more than I will make in a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2022 3:33 PM

This doesn't stop abortion. Lots of states are stepping up and making it clear that they will be safe havens for women who need abortions.

So I guess you people crying about baby murder still have work to do lol.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2022 3:34 PM

it's hardly surprising the people living in echo chambers are the ones most upset by it here.. .

r57 the nature of the primary parites is to reject the other... to a large extent. It perhaps plays out more between the citizenry than politicians... that share better relationships than the divides they incite among the people. Hardly a wonder they lack respect for the public when they're able to buy them so cheaply.

your assumptions blind you to rational thought on republicans and likely shade your views more favorably of democrats by the mere contrast... so, we end up with this dichotomy of good vs evil. . . and the mirror effect.

hysterical breakdowns in this thread on the basis of emotions over all else... playing into so many sexist stereotypes as they lash out in every which direction, including their support as they alienate themselves and others in this stupor.

What did they do, really?

Maybe it's just a problem of the age.. people would rather protest than schedule appointments to speak with their representatives -- but that is pretty empty today, and can be difficult beween security concerns and a world post-pandemic, or those that would rather start empty petitions on websites or just merely treat politics like a fashion accessory.. a hashtag, slogan, bumper stickers that change more often than they change their underwear.

They take credit for everything... based on the demographics they belong to as if simply being a member of that groups confers authority and that all individual achievements are shared through the group. So, hardly a wonder they achieve nothing individually or even as a group... as everybody pushes both the responsibilties and the blame onto anyone but self.

It's inane.

It's all quite meaningless and will remain meaningless until Americans escape the duopoly in a greater meaningful way. . . instead of settling for the least as we're so prone to do.

we run into so many problems of ineffectiveness with this one size fits all

but those are the only options, so people keep saying... they don't want more options on their side, fearful it splits the vote and in turn, the same becomes of the other side. this little horseshoe club will never realize in all the ways they're alike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2022 3:36 PM

Oh yes, r82.

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2022 3:36 PM

R83 they already are - they are passing laws to make it illegal to leave the state to have an abortion, meaning if you leave, get an abortion, and come back, and someone snitches on you, you can be arrested and executed immediately.

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2022 3:38 PM

for Clarence Thomas, perhaps the Court should take another look at the Loving decision. That should also be left up to the states.

by Anonymousreply 87June 24, 2022 3:39 PM

R87 I hope that fucker dies soon and his fat ugly wife, too.

by Anonymousreply 88June 24, 2022 3:41 PM

There are people celebrating this in NYC, News 1 just interviewed a young white woman who is celebrating the end of killing innocent lives

by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2022 3:41 PM

Executed? Holy hell.

by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2022 3:41 PM

Calm down people! This will not affect butt babies

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2022 3:41 PM

As long as I, as a taxpayer, don't see my taxes go up to provide more funding for the podunk states to take care of these kids.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2022 3:41 PM

Will repigs still be able to arrange abortions for their mistresses?

by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2022 3:44 PM

They have their doctors on speed dial R93. Laws don't apply to them.

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2022 3:46 PM

That’s a super productive contribution R50. Did you attend the March on Washington in 1963 and tell everyone that the best plan to end segregation would have been to stop Lincoln from being assassinated 100 years earlier?

by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2022 3:47 PM

Don’t flush it down the pan!

by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2022 3:48 PM

Disgusting and embarrassing. Our nation is a third world shithole! Thanks, MAGArs and third party voters! And by "thanks", I really mean:"FUCK YOU!"

by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2022 3:53 PM

R95, it's not particularly productive to suggest that segregation never would have happened, had Lincoln not been murdered, either. It's a weird claim and there's no merit to it.

I'm mostly just confused about why you were seriously asking Datalounge to solve the problem of the far-right activist SCOTUS, and why you're scolding me because I didn't give an answer you felt was productive enough.

Since you want a better answer, here's my full answer: the problem cannot be solved, as it exists right now. That's the sad truth of many problems. The only way this problem could have been solved was for the problem to not have been created in the first place. That was the only solution. Because people like you would not or could not understand that, we are now here, and we now have to deal with the consequences. Until justices die off or resign, nothing will change.

In fact, I fully expect the next Republican president to increase the number of SCOTUS justices and appoint more far-right evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2022 3:55 PM

Do not tell me to calm down because I don't fuck women. This is going to fuck ALL of us, not just women.

Some of you need to see someone about your Mommy issues. I understand, I had them, too.

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2022 3:58 PM

Buck never would have impregnated a woman who'd want an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2022 3:58 PM

if SCOTUS can reverse Roe, it can reverse anything

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2022 3:59 PM

R98 what do you mean “people like me”? I did my part and voted for Hillary in the general election. Just like I voted for Gore and Kerry and Obama and Biden. And the problem can only be solved with massive collective action to put pressure on the political establishment. That’s what works. People should go out in the street today and start making life very uncomfortable for Republican politicians, and any Democratic politicians who refuse to act. That’s how change actually happens. That’s the lesson taught by every major movement for change in this country’s history.

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote]the problem can only be solved with massive collective action to put pressure on the political establishment

To put pressure on them to do what?

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2022 4:06 PM

Following the overturning of Roe v. Wade, Justice Clarence Thomas writes that the Supreme Court should reconsider rulings that protect contraception, same-sex relationships, and same-sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2022 4:08 PM

How would Republicans and their Supreme Court justices like it if we had armed protests

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2022 4:08 PM

This planet needs LESS people not more!

The world and planet is fucked and already dying anyway...

The future is bleak.

Why the fuck are people even having babies?

Hello, climate change, no clean water, no oil, robots and A. I taking over...humans aren't needed.

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2022 4:17 PM

"Fuck each and every one of the God damned weak, lazy and useless democratic politicians. They sat back while the republicans worked DAY AND NIGHT for the past 40 years to chip away at Roe v Wade."

So in your warped mind, this has nothing to do with the fact the womens' groups took their eyes off the ball the last couple of years, and went on a campaign to crucify Democratic party males like Al Franken, Harvey Weinstein and the Cuomo brothers and sacrificed them at the altar of political correctness.

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2022 4:18 PM

are they going to outlaw wire hangers next? I hope so!

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2022 4:20 PM

3 years ago when I read this article I proposed that all Missouri women start mailing their used sanitary products to the health department to prove that they didn't have an abortion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2022 4:21 PM

OP her own party went against her nominating a virtual unknown in 2008

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote] The word "abortion" is nowhere to be found in the constitution thus it was never a constitutional right.

Lots of words are not found in the US Constitution. Read the Commerce Clause and compare that to all the legislation that flowed from the Commerce Clause.

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2022 4:40 PM

[quote] for Clarence Thomas, perhaps the Court should take another look at the Loving decision. That should also be left up to the states.

YES! He's so damn arrogant. Newsflash: you're BLACK and your wife is WHITE.

by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote]This planet needs LESS people not more!

FEWER!

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2022 4:44 PM

Clarence Thomas is really like some "Get Out" science experiment, right?

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2022 5:49 PM

You all think it’s just his decision, huh?

by Anonymousreply 115June 24, 2022 5:50 PM

Repugs will just have their mistresses murdered now if they get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 116June 24, 2022 5:50 PM

No, r115, but he was the ONLY justice to bring up the other precedents in his decision.

by Anonymousreply 117June 24, 2022 5:51 PM

I don't know how to reconcile people who call those who are pro-abortion "baby murderers" but they fully approved of 8 and 9 year-olds being decapitated by AK-15s in the classroom. It's a real head scratcher.

by Anonymousreply 118June 24, 2022 5:53 PM

No r116. You can’t be that dense. Like someone said on News 1, these laws they pass don’t apply to them, or the rich. Rich people and politicians/celebs will still have access. The general public won’t.

by Anonymousreply 119June 24, 2022 5:53 PM

R117 he was the only one to say it out loud. This has been going on behind the scenes for a while. This isn’t new.

by Anonymousreply 120June 24, 2022 5:54 PM

But here emails.........

by Anonymousreply 121June 24, 2022 5:55 PM

I guess R119 you can be dense enough not to detect sarcasm.

^^ This is NOT sarcasm, btw.

by Anonymousreply 122June 24, 2022 5:57 PM

Where emails?

by Anonymousreply 123June 24, 2022 5:57 PM

I have a family friend who lives in Texas. She was very anti-abortion. About 3 years ago she had her first pregnancy which they discovered after 3-4 months the fetus was severely deformed and would likely be not only may not make it to term, but will cause serious health risk to the mother if not aborted. She reluctantly agreed to the abortion. Because this affected her, she had since changed her opinion to believing it is a woman's right to choose.

Some people will not change their religious/cultural/political view unless it affects them directly. That's called being SELFISH.

by Anonymousreply 124June 24, 2022 6:00 PM

Market's up. Might look into a hot tub out in the garden and wiring the shed into a home office.

by Anonymousreply 125June 24, 2022 6:02 PM

Many don't approve of either R118 Not everything is either/or

by Anonymousreply 126June 24, 2022 6:05 PM

What risks are there to the Democrats in simply doing whatever they can to defang this rabidly rightwing partisan court, using investigations, term-limits, packing the court?

From the outside, it just seems unlikely that over half of a country will simply supinely tolerate an institution which has no respect for precedent or the people’s wishes. Is a Republican court simply going to be accepted for decades?

by Anonymousreply 127June 24, 2022 6:07 PM

Here's how I think rich people in abortion-regulated areas still get their abortions.

You pay off a doctor to do a D&C (dilation & curettage) in the uterus. Instead of labeling the procedure an "abortion," you label it a post-miscarriage D&C.

by Anonymousreply 128June 24, 2022 6:10 PM

Pro lifers are so clever! Abortion is bad, but owning a gun that can obliterate a child into pieces is ok because gun ownership is our god given right. Murica, fuck yeah!!

by Anonymousreply 129June 24, 2022 6:11 PM

R128 they also have the money to travel anywhere in the world to have it done. We don’t have the money to hop on a private jet whenever we feel like to fly to London and get an abortion. They do.

by Anonymousreply 130June 24, 2022 6:15 PM

[quote]packing the court?

To what end? Do you not think the other side will then do the same ad infinitum?

We’ll have 101 Supreme Court justices before you know it.

by Anonymousreply 131June 24, 2022 6:15 PM

This is why constitutions don’t work.

by Anonymousreply 132June 24, 2022 6:17 PM

That, too, R130. But if you want to stay close to home, that's how I think you'd get your abortion.

by Anonymousreply 133June 24, 2022 6:18 PM

I watched Biden' statement on this, and I agree with most of what he said, EXCEPT the part about only doing PEACEFUL PROTESTING.

No, FUCK that. We need to burn this mother fucking country to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 134June 24, 2022 6:53 PM

Funny how you all suddenly are all for burning down the country when you know your rights are on the line but a year ago were outraged when black people finally had enough.

by Anonymousreply 135June 24, 2022 6:55 PM

What if I opened a shooting range in Texas that's actually an abortion clinic in disguise?

You just shoot at the target and there's a fetus behind it. Extracting it from mom will take some clever thinking but hey we have all those tech workers in Austin now.

I'll clean up! No, scratch that, the illegals I hire under the table will clean up. ;)

by Anonymousreply 136June 24, 2022 7:03 PM

The. majority of Americans support abortion rights just as they do gun control. It’s a minority that has gotten control of the SC. I don’t blame Democratic pols. It’s the Dem voters who never see the big picture who are at fault. The ones who thought Hilary was no better than Trump. Blue states like NY and Cali will be fine. It’s poor women trapped in red states that will pay the price. Richer ones will just travel somewhere blue for their abortion. I see the same outcome for gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 137June 24, 2022 7:07 PM

R59, oddly, those same people would argue that being able to kill the babies with guns once they're old enough to go to school IS a basic right.

by Anonymousreply 138June 24, 2022 7:15 PM

Totally R135 I’ve been thinking that all morning reading the threads on here. So hypocritical. But what else is new?

by Anonymousreply 139June 24, 2022 7:15 PM

R106, if you think there are too many people maybe you should do your duty and sacrifice yourself for the sake of humanity. I'm sick of population control zealots who expect to limit births or put to death people they don't like, usually black and brown people who "don't contribute" to society. Off yourselves and leave people alone.

Margaret Sanger is very proud of you today.

by Anonymousreply 140June 24, 2022 7:17 PM

The Supreme Court is now a council of religious elders, like they have in Iran.

by Anonymousreply 141June 24, 2022 7:17 PM

R103 pass a federal law codifying Roe v. Wade (which Obama during the 2008 campaign promised would be “the first thing I’ll do as president” only to say during his first presidential press conference in 2009 that it wasn’t a top priority for him). Add seats to the Court. Strip the Court of its jurisdiction in certain matters as the Constitution gives Congress the power to do. Pass a law allowing abortion clinics on federal property in states that allow abortion. Etc. and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 142June 24, 2022 7:18 PM

CUNTS!

by Anonymousreply 143June 24, 2022 7:25 PM

This is not good because leftists who are in support of Islam must abort their fetuses so they don't produce more voters like that #prochoice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 24, 2022 7:28 PM

3 Supreme Court justices were placed on the bench by a twice impeached president who did not win the popular vote and led a violent insurrection against our government. Our democracy is crumbling right before our eyes.

by Anonymousreply 145June 24, 2022 7:32 PM

The dems and “progressives” care more about pregnant people and me starting people than actual biological women.

by Anonymousreply 146June 24, 2022 7:34 PM

[quote] I'm a Canadian and this is beyond belief. Your country is going backwards instead of forward. This could not happen in Canada which is a more balanced, common sense nation.

You prosecute speech, so no. You guys are still pretty backward.

by Anonymousreply 147June 24, 2022 7:44 PM

[quote] [R103] pass a federal law codifying Roe v. Wade (which Obama during the 2008 campaign promised would be “the first thing I’ll do as president” only to say during his first presidential press conference in 2009 that it wasn’t a top priority for him).

If Biden is feeling like a lame duck, then he should try to enact / codify Roe. Even if he is not feeling like a lame duck, he should do that.

by Anonymousreply 148June 24, 2022 8:09 PM

Doctors are pissed that the government is telling them how to do their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 149June 24, 2022 8:29 PM

Disney to pay for employees’ abortion-related travel costs after SCOTUS ruling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 24, 2022 10:29 PM

Disney joins other Hollywood firms in extending the out-of-state benefit to employees.

Netflix, Comcast, Paramount, WME, CAA, and UTA have all told their workers that their travel costs would be covered if they were to go far for an abortion, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Netflix said it offers its workers a $10,000 lifetime allowance for travel reimbursement for cancer treatment, transplants, gender affirming care, or abortion.

by Anonymousreply 151June 24, 2022 10:30 PM

Gay marriage and the rights that come with it are next on the chopping block.

by Anonymousreply 152June 24, 2022 10:31 PM

^Fucking Nostradumbass.

We’ve only been talking about that all day.

by Anonymousreply 153June 24, 2022 11:03 PM

Fuck off, Canada. Just shut the fuck up and stay out of our shit.

by Anonymousreply 154June 24, 2022 11:04 PM

Wow, Disney has really parted ways with the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 155June 24, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote] abortion is not a basic human right

Every woman should have the basic human right of deciding whether or not she wants to have a baby. You stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 156June 24, 2022 11:18 PM

Revolutions don't happen at the voting booth. Nor do they occur through polite debates or the posting of hot angry takes online. They also don't happen with peaceful protesting. Revolutions happen when the politicians and uber wealthy, those sitting comfortably at the top, become afraid for their safety and also see their finanacial stability and comfortable material lifetstyle threatened with collapse. This is a harsh truth to face at this point because I'm mainly a pacifist. The "laws" being enacted are false systems of control and are only effectively because they're fearfully followed by the populace. These "laws" become immediately ineffective if the population, en masse, ignores them. There aren't enough law enforcement or military personnel to handle a massive uprising in the U.S. You can look to the Uvalde, TX shooting for a clue. All those police against one shooter and they were too afraid to make a move.

by Anonymousreply 157June 24, 2022 11:24 PM

R155, corporations do not want upheaval.

by Anonymousreply 158June 24, 2022 11:25 PM

[quote]corporations do not want upheaval.

They're not too thrilled about maternity leaves, either.

by Anonymousreply 159June 24, 2022 11:28 PM

R158, I'm thinking about DeSantis's battle w/Disney as well. What's going on.

by Anonymousreply 160June 24, 2022 11:28 PM

R11

Body autonomy is. It may not be codified by the UN but it is. Let’s make vasectomies required. How does that sound?

by Anonymousreply 161June 24, 2022 11:32 PM

R66 Proof?

by Anonymousreply 162June 24, 2022 11:33 PM

BREAKING - Abortion in Ohio is now banned at the point a fetal heartbeat can be detected. That's about 6 weeks into a pregnancy before many women know they are pregnant. A federal court just lifted the stay put on the law passed in 2019 when Roe was still in effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 24, 2022 11:36 PM

Whatevr helps you sleep at night OP

by Anonymousreply 164June 24, 2022 11:36 PM

This is all so crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 24, 2022 11:38 PM

There will become gay marriage states, abortion states and Wild West gun states. God help you if you can't move.

Maybe we can set-up an exchange program? Trading places?

by Anonymousreply 166June 24, 2022 11:38 PM

After gay marriage and gay protection in the workplace is dissolved this will probably be their next venture.

What will Clarence do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 24, 2022 11:40 PM

R86 who blabs about getting an abortion? Just don't go on TikTok, Instagram or Twitter to let the world know. Some things should remain private.

by Anonymousreply 168June 24, 2022 11:43 PM

Democrats have snoozed for decades. You snooze, you lose

by Anonymousreply 169June 24, 2022 11:43 PM

Biden was never really pro-choice. He is also catholic. Willing to go along but is tepid on the subject. He is probably secretly happy about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 24, 2022 11:43 PM

Yep overconfidence, arrogance, yet lazy naïveté as well have been Democrats’ Achilles heel

by Anonymousreply 171June 24, 2022 11:44 PM

It was an abortion, Michael an abortion!

by Anonymousreply 172June 24, 2022 11:44 PM

R157 you’re absolutely right. The “just vote harder” crowd doesn’t seem to understand that voting is only a small piece of the puzzle. Mass civil disobedience, major protests, boycotts, harassment of public officials, etc. is what made the social justice movements of the past successful.

Even the most radical politicians don’t really want to expend their political capital unless you force them to do so, or create opportunities for them to do it with fewer costs. There’s a story about the legendary labor organizer A. Philip Randolph going to visit FDR with a list of all the labor laws he wanted the president to pass. FDR looked them over and said something like, “That’s fine. I agree with every one of them. Now make me do it!” You can’t just vote and then sit back and hope the politicians do the right thing.

There’s also a wonderful story in Kissinger’s memoirs about how the secret service was forced to take buses and park them end to end around the White House during an anti war protest. Kissinger walked into the room where Nixon was staring out the window, and Nixon turned to him and said in terror, “They’re going to break through the barricades and get us, Henry!!!” That fear of the population is what led Nixon to sign all kinds of liberal domestic legislation that he hated with a passion.

Protestors should shut down DC the next time the politicians are there. Occupy the bridges, the airports, the train station, etc. and demand they codify Roe. Scare the shit out of them, or at least inconvenience them. That would be a start.

by Anonymousreply 173June 24, 2022 11:45 PM

Biden is not the problem. Politically lazy Democrats and liberals are

by Anonymousreply 174June 24, 2022 11:45 PM

america is regressing into theocratic barbarism and we here in canada have a front row seat!

by Anonymousreply 175June 24, 2022 11:50 PM

R173 - yes, exactly. History is filled with examples like the ones in your comment. The French Revolution (celebrated on Bastille Day) comes to mind as well. A General Strike would be an excellent "non-violent" way to bring intense pressure on those at the top but apparently worker bee values are too programmed into the general public. Or perhaps they're simply too lazy to participate in a mass sick out.

by Anonymousreply 176June 24, 2022 11:52 PM

R175 and Canada is turning into a trans cult.

by Anonymousreply 177June 24, 2022 11:52 PM

R173 remember Occupy Wall Street, #MeToo, BLM . . .?

by Anonymousreply 178June 24, 2022 11:55 PM

Absolutely.

The US is like the only country that’s never rolled heads, that’s never puts heads on sticks in the name of a revolution.

They’ve only been capable or terrorizing and torturing black people and that’s about it.

No American politician has to ever worry about the same fate as Gaddafi or Mussolini or Marie Antoinette.

I remember reading about Ancient Egypt and Queen Berenice III marrying her cousin Ptolemy XI, who had her assassinated after the wedding and the Egyptians marched into the palace, chased him into the coliseum and ripped him apart. That’s how Cleopatra’s father became King because he was next in line.

I mean this post might sound extreme but America isn’t known for being rebellious.

We will turn into a third world country without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 179June 24, 2022 11:56 PM

I don't think Generation Ass is all that concerned

by Anonymousreply 180June 24, 2022 11:57 PM

R178 - not enough of the population participated in either of those movements. Occupy Wall Street was lazy. Multiply both of those movements by the hundreds of thousands of participating individuals, and that is a revolution evoking fear in the politicians and people at the top. Revolutions aren't comfortable, they huge and scary. They're supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 181June 24, 2022 11:59 PM

Democrats suck at messaging. Every Democrat today should be deploying premade catch phrases and marching orders. For example, they should be saying Republicans are The Taliban Party, and Republicans will take away your freedom, take over your body, put you have in prison. Simple, potent, catchy messaging that puts the emotion and fear into the matters at issue. Democrats had weeks to prepare a message, yet still can’t get it together!

by Anonymousreply 182June 25, 2022 12:01 AM

R178 - also MeToo was primarily hashtag activism with a few well-known predatory males being taken down as a side effect. Again, not enough of the population participated and they would have needed to do a hell of a lot more than write screeds exposing various individuals or tweet hot takes. I think you don't understand the difference between a real revolution and random protest activism, some of which might include sprinkles of violent and destructive behavior. A revolution is a different and more intense beast altogether.

by Anonymousreply 183June 25, 2022 12:04 AM

R178 BLM was onto something during the George Floyd protests but it turned into a spectacle of Naked Athena and mindless rage. People who didn’t even believe in the cause were out fighting. Like the Kyle Rittenhouse incident was just a bunch of white guys having a reason to go wild.

When that police department was in flames, I knew Chauvin would be found guilty. There have been tons of George Floyds over the last 10 years and the cops walked. Michael Brown in 2014 was the same exact incident and the cops walked. The only difference was the global riots that happened.

Democrats have poisoned us with a whitewashed Martin Luther King Jr. nonsense he didn’t even ascribe to. He wasn’t Jesus, he was peaceful because the other side was violent and wanted to prove his point.

by Anonymousreply 184June 25, 2022 12:05 AM

Serious question: As a gay man living in North Carolina, do I need to move to a blue state as soon as possible?

by Anonymousreply 185June 25, 2022 12:06 AM

Actually the Tea Party movement which morphed into Trumpism is a pretty good example from recent history. Ordinary people got together and just scared the shit out of rank and file Republican politicians who have now spent over a decade parroting whatever insane conspiracy theories their base dreams up while they’re shooting up heroin. Look at what’s happened to all of the “I stand by my vote to impeach the President for encouraging a mob to attack the Capitol and try to murder the Vice President” GOP members of Congress; they’re losing their primaries or retiring. Imagine if we actually organized like that to force the Democrats to do good and sane things that have broad popular support.

by Anonymousreply 186June 25, 2022 12:07 AM

R185 I would seriously start thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 187June 25, 2022 12:08 AM

R185 relax. We don’t know what’s gonna happen. And some blue states will probably drop the ball too.

by Anonymousreply 188June 25, 2022 12:09 AM

R184 - yes exactly. Make the people at the top afraid. That will get faster results than voting will.

by Anonymousreply 189June 25, 2022 12:16 AM

There is no MLK without Malcolm X there to show the powers that be what the alternative would look like.

by Anonymousreply 190June 25, 2022 12:42 AM

R166 What's wrong with abortion Airbnb's?

by Anonymousreply 191June 25, 2022 12:47 AM

well, we have AOC R190😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊

by Anonymousreply 192June 25, 2022 12:57 AM

Enough with the 😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊😍😁😊😂😁😍😉😊, R912, you trolling cunt.

by Anonymousreply 193June 25, 2022 1:13 AM

(^.^) self appointed hall monitor🙈🐒🙉🙈🐵🐒

by Anonymousreply 194June 25, 2022 1:32 AM

R174 didn't Biden help get Thomas appointed?

by Anonymousreply 195June 26, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote]america m is regressing into theocratic barbarism and we here in canada have a front row seat!

But what you apparently don’t have is a shift key.

by Anonymousreply 196June 26, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote]Michael Brown in 2014 was the same exact incident and the cops walked.

Michael Brown’s neck was kneeled on by a cop for over nine minutes while the entire world watched?

Yeah, didn’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 197June 26, 2022 12:29 PM

This thread = online activism

The irony.

by Anonymousreply 198June 26, 2022 12:33 PM

Yes, R185.

by Anonymousreply 199June 26, 2022 12:34 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 200June 26, 2022 2:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 26, 2022 2:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 26, 2022 2:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 26, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote]The word "abortion" is nowhere to be found in the constitution thus it was never a constitutional right.

The words "women" or "sex" aren't in the constitution either

by Anonymousreply 204June 27, 2022 1:47 AM

I don't want to pay any extra taxes for these unwanted babies either

by Anonymousreply 205June 27, 2022 1:57 AM

R204, the poster you quoted has, just like Alito, forgotten the 9th amendment, which reserves to “the people” all rights not specifically enumerated. In other words, just because the Constitution does not mention a right does not mean it does not exist.

by Anonymousreply 206June 27, 2022 2:10 AM

Somebody's grandma getting arrested:

[quote] Police in Greenville, South Carolina are tasing and arresting pro-choice protesters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 27, 2022 2:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!