Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will people be okay with Harris as president?

Not to run in 2024. I mean if something happens to Biden before that.

What is the current thinking on this?

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2022 4:16 AM

Rice/Haley 2024!!

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 1:42 PM

Of course. If something happens to Biden, she will be President until the end of his term. That was decided by the last election.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 2:01 PM

I don't see why not. She is Vice President and in the event of something happening to Biden it will be her duty to step up.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 2:04 PM

It’s not like they would have a choice.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 2:06 PM

People outside of Texas, yes.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 2:07 PM

It can't be any worse than the hell hole the US has already fallen into.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 2:26 PM

I've pointed this out before and I'll do it again: If the popular belief amongst Democrats is that Hillary lost because of sexism and racism, then why do so many of these same people think Harris, a woman of color, should run for president? It really doesn't make any sense according to their own logic.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote]Not to run in 2024. I mean if something happens to Biden before that.

R7, read the assignment...we're not talking about running for President.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 2:43 PM

[quote][R7], read the assignment

Never!

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 2:44 PM

I would argue that Hill did not lose because if racism/sexism. She lost in spite of it, and much of her criticism was rooted in it but it was not what did her in. She lost because she was an establishment candidate in a year that really wanted change. The rust belt was hurting and she represented everything that white America hates about Washington.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 2:49 PM

Who cares if people are okay with it? The Constitution sez she becomes president in the event of a vacancy.

This isn't American Idol, kiddies. It's not up to the masses every week.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2022 3:25 PM

I wish r10's post can be pinned to the top of the site for the next several days. The Hillary trolls want us to relive 2016 again in the wake of RvW being done away with.

As for Harris is doesn't matter what people are ok with, she is the elected Vice President and will take over if something happens to Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2022 3:42 PM

I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2022 3:47 PM

Why are you asking? Is Biden ready to step out?

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2022 3:57 PM

The democrats will tolerate her and the republicans will hate her

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2022 4:13 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Gavin!

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 4:14 PM

Oh, OP, you sly puss.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2022 4:30 PM

If this administration lasts past this fall. They were never legitimate and that needs to be righted.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2022 10:51 PM

[quote]If the popular belief amongst Democrats is that Hillary lost because of sexism and racism, then why do so many of these same people think Harris, a woman of color, should run for president?

I've never heard ANYONE say they think Harris should run for president.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2022 12:31 AM

Joe is probably more fit and healthy than Kamala. He’s not going anywhere before 2024.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2022 12:40 AM

Against Trump or DeSantis? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote]If this administration lasts past this fall. They were never legitimate and that needs to be righted.

Biden and Harris were "never legitimate" despite winning the electoral college, the most popular votes in history, and both houses of Congress. This is something losers who can't accept facts say. Like your orange messiah.

As your own trolls might declare, R18, reality doesn't care about your feelings.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2022 12:44 AM

Sweetie, they didn't "win" anything and there is a mountain of proof. You don't seem to get that there is actual verifiable evidence that will be examined during the impeachment. How fun it must be to live in such a state of denial. 2000 mules is a good start to educate yourself but there are also many many other pieces of evidence. Don't say I didn't warn you. You are foolish and naive.

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2022 4:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!